View Poll Results: What does everyone think of a new weigh in day for the Winter Challenge?
A Sunday evening weigh in deadline with everyone and all threads starting fresh by Monday morning? 14 70.00%
Would prefer it to stay the same, as changing it may cause too much confusion. 6 30.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2009, 05:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Default Purple Team "Bridging the Gap" Chat Week 1

Good Morning Everyone!!! This will be our accountability challenge for over the holidays to keep us strong heading into the new challenge in the new year. It is a combined team challenge, so it is open for all and any who would like to participate, who was on ethier Fall team or has signed up for the Winter Challenge. This challenge will run until the new teams are announced for the Winter Challenge (ethier New Years Eve or Day) We are going to keep the weigh in days the same as they are now. So if you want to participate, head on over to the weigh in thread and weigh in now..
To anyone new joining us, team leaders are Monte and myself, so if you have any questions or concerns please post them in the QnA sticky ( http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/bigg...em-here-o.html ) and we will answer them as soon a s possible!
Okay Ladies.. Lets get started!! Good Luck to all over the holidays.. remember we are all here for one another!

Last edited by Cape Breton Chick; 12-15-2009 at 05:58 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:34 AM   #2  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

GOOD MORNING PURPLE PEOPLE!!!! I'm ready to knock a couple or three pounds off my weight by the end of this month. Who's with me???? Come on gals and remember Christmas isn't the only time you can taste and eat food. All things in moderation this year.

Have a good POP day. Catch you later.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:49 AM   #3  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
GOOD MORNING PURPLE PEOPLE!!!! I'm ready to knock a couple or three pounds off my weight by the end of this month. Who's with me???? Come on gals and remember Christmas isn't the only time you can taste and eat food. All things in moderation this year.

Have a good POP day. Catch you later.
MS. Retire, good morning!

Congratulations on your weight loss, you are now skinnier than me I will be with you every step of the way, I want to lose that last five that was my goal for the year. Started out at 157, wanted to reach 135 but, those last 5 pounds do not want to come off.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I am totally on board for losing 3lbs by the start of the new challenge. My goal is 162 by Jan 1st.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

Hello ladies .... well I was in the red team , always quiet . But like I am getting better whit my english ,I am trying to chat a little more.

So my last WI was 146.6 on friday but them I WI on monday and was 150.2 , I can't belive what a two days off can do ,I did well yesterday and today I am at 149.2 so going in the right dirrecion.

My goal for december was 143 , but like I am breastfeeding my 3 months baby is hard to lose the weight because you can not go to low whit your calories in order to keep your milk suplied . So I will just love to be on 145's by new years.

I am doing WW , and I was eating 31 points so this week I am trying 29 to see what happen.

See you around .......
Old 12-15-2009, 10:04 AM   #6  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Hello ladies. My goal by New Year's is to be in the 200s so I'm looking to lose 10lbs in the next two and a half weeks. I've been down and out with swine flu this past week, but I'm ready to get going again. Thanks for keeping me accountable!
Old 12-15-2009, 11:10 AM   #7  

Hello purple! That's one of my favorite colors, y'know. I want to try to lose 7 lbs by January 1st - that'd having me start the New Year in Onederland!
Old 12-15-2009, 12:31 PM   #8  

Hey Ladies! I just wanted to pop in on m y lunch break and say congrats to the Red Team for being Fall 2009 Challenge' Biggest Losers as well as to IgetFit for being our biggest individual winner(loser)!! As well as Isabella.. Congrats on being the Blue Teams Biggest Loser... Great Job all around Ladies!!!
My goal for the new year / new challenge will be to finally be out of the 200's and living in Onerderland! I have been teetering there for a couple of months now.. and it is time to finally get out of them for good!
Old 12-15-2009, 12:31 PM   #9  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Morning lovely ladies!!!

I love this Purple team!!

My goal is to get down to 160 by the end of the year. That's 5.8 pounds (as of this morning) to go. I've got some serious work to do! Let's do this!

ETA: Just saw the final results. Congrats to our winners!!!!! Both teams did awesome! We should all be so proud of ourselves!

IGetFit - BIG congrats to you!! Way to go girl!!! What's your food/ workout plan like?

Last edited by Nella; 12-15-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:51 PM   #10  

Hey Everyone.. I jsut read through this article that I recieved in my email today.. I thought maybe it might be something you all might like to take a look at too..

11 Holiday Foods You Can Enjoy without Guilt
Eat, Drink and Be Merry This Winter
-- By Sarah Haan, Registered Dietitian

The holidays should be a cheerful time of year. But is the constant worry about making the "right" food choices making you feel less like a sugar plum fairy and more like a Grinch? Relax! You don't need to hibernate at home to avoid weight gain or food temptations. Resolve to eat, drink and be merry this season by focusing on all the healthy foods you CAN enjoy without guilt!

At holiday get-togethers, high-cal foods are par for the course. But you can also serve (as host) or bring along the following nutritious foods to please any guest's palate. Here are six healthy party foods that will fit in at any holiday gathering.

.. here is the link to the rest of this article if it sounds like something you might be interested i n having a boo at.....

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/...es.asp?id=1429

Have great Tuesday afternoon everyone!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 01:06 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Good Morning- I too would like to be in Onderland by the New Year, just 3lbs to get myself there. Been hovering in and around here waaaay too Long, it's time to kick it into high gear!!!

Look forward to our in-between challenge. Good Luck to all, and that all will make their goals!!
Old 12-15-2009, 02:07 PM   #12  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

hey everyone!!! its awesome we have a bridge the gap challenge!! it will be nice to have some sort of accountability over the xmas break!

quick question. what date is the first weigh in for the spring challenge that starts in january?

i wanted to say a big congratulations to the red team for winning the biggest loser challenge ! and congratulations to igetfit!! for being the overall biggest loser.

a very special congratulations to Isabella for being our biggest loser! you totally rocked it girl!!!

also well done to Nella!! and LeslieB!! you girls did amazing!

i wont be around as much, my cousin is coming tommorow from america for 3 weeks, so will be busy with her. but hope to pop in from time to time

good luck everyone for the 3 week challenge!! i like everyones idea of losing 2-3lbs. i'm gonna set that up as my goal aswell!!

Last edited by Echo; 12-15-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:34 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
quick question. what date is the first weigh in for the winter challenge that starts in january?
Have you already posted your starting weight in the sign-up thread? The deadline for the signup thread weigh in is December 29th.

The challenge starts the week of January 5th, so your week 1's weigh in will be due the following Monday, January 11th, by 11:59pm EST.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #14  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post
Have you already posted your starting weight in the sign-up thread? The deadline for the signup thread weigh in is December 29th.

The challenge starts the week of January 5th, so your week 1's weigh in will be due the following Monday, January 11th, by 11:59pm EST.
Thanks Monte!! i appreciate that. will put it in my diary.

yeh i put in my starting weight for now, incase i forget to put it in there before the deadline , dont want to miss out on the challenge. but if i remember will edit it on the 28th december, so its more accurate. is that okay? i've put a reminder in my diary. but over xmas i might forget or not have access to the computer.

thanks again

Last edited by Echo; 12-15-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:43 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
Thanks Monte!! i appreciate that. will put it in my diary.

yeh i put in my starting weight for now, incase i forget to put it in there before the deadline , dont want to miss out on the challenge. but if i remember will edit it on the 28th december, so its more accurate. is that okay? i've put a reminder in my diary. but over xmas i might forget or not have access to the computer.

thanks again
You're welcome. I think it is a good idea to go ahead and post your weight in case you forget. I'm not sure when Angela (CapeBrentonChick) plans to start gathering the data, so when you edit your original post you might want to send her a pm, just in case she has already pulled in your info.