Old 03-21-2008, 09:24 AM   #16  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies~ I can't believe I'm up this early and my kids don't have don't have school today. I'm watching my nephew though and he is an early riser He is so dang cute though, that I don't mind it for one day. I'm also excited because today was weigh-in and I lost 2 lbs...YAY! I've been loosing consistently now for a few weeks, and I'm loving it This whole working out and eating right really does work!LOL! I've been noticing that I've been having the munchies lately. My period is due late next week, so I'm thinking that has a lot to do with it. I'm trying everything in my power to fight it though and when I do pick a snack to pick something that isn't totally awful. I just wanted to pop in and say hi though. Hope you all have a great Friday....I'm not sure if I'll be back on today. Taking care of babies is a lot more work then I remember Have a great day ladies~
Old 03-21-2008, 09:41 AM   #17  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning Red team!!!

Counting...thanks for the reminder!! No chocolate bunnies!! I hope you have a beautiful weekend!

Muse....LOL! I had the same feeling!

Kari...How'd that workout go this morning?? I was there struggling myself but once I got that first one back to the gym it turned it all around for me, I hope you find that mojo again too!! You can do this!!
Old 03-21-2008, 09:43 AM   #18  
Melissa

Tina....Good morning!!! Way to go on your amazing loss!!! 2 lbs!! Thats fantastic news! Excellent work! I feel like I get the munchies alot more 1-2 weeks before AF, I dunno what it is, our bodies thinking it needs to cushion up? When is natural selection going to stop working against us? LOL! Keep up the good work!!
Old 03-21-2008, 11:57 AM   #19  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning Red Team!!!

Well, I don't know if I posted this last time I was on here, but since the gym has taken a backseat to working, I have been focusing on my food intake a lot more. I have had my slip ups of course but overall have been watching portion sizes and drinking tons of water both at work (I bring a water bottle) and at home. I cut out coffee in the morning and switched to decaf tea plain, and I guess it is working to flush out the yucks in my system. I also wasn't feeling great yesterday and was in bed by 10pm and woke up at 7:30am so I caught up on some sleep as well which is an area I have been not so great at. Well, I somehow weighed in at 191 today. I don't know how and I am praying it stays there and it wasn't just a fluke. I am going to be super careful today of course so I don't ruin it. Still not feeling great so it will be food focused.

Anyways, I just wanted to say hey really quick before I head into work and I hope everyone has a great weekend! I am going to have to steer completely clear of the Easter candy if I want to keep this beautiful 191 I have going on. I can't believe how close that is to the 180s (and 190 makrs 30 pounds lost for me as well).
Old 03-21-2008, 12:21 PM   #20  
Proud Red Team Member

S/C/G: 276/ticker/123

Height: 5'

Good morning ladies! Well didn't get up at 5 to work out like I had planned. Little man didn't sleep good last night, so mommy didn't sleep good either. So getting up at 5 just wasn't happenin. And now it's snowing, AGAIN! I am so bloody tired of snow. Need to try and take little man to go see the easter bunny at the mall. I am slackin! I have so much to get done around here today. Need to clean out his fish tank, and going to make some pj's for the kids for easter so I suppose I should get moving! Talk to you all later!
Old 03-21-2008, 04:12 PM   #21  
Melissa

Cat...just think 180s are so close, cant let any chocolate bunnies take that from you!! Way to go on the good choices, I hope work slows down some so you can get back to your gym routine!

Kari...How's your day going? I've been running all day myself trying to get ready for Easter, thats what I get for not paying attention to the calendar! I hope you got lots accomplished!
Old 03-21-2008, 04:18 PM   #22  
Melissa

Okay what is with these headaches!!! Not fun! It so quiet around here today. Despite the snowstorm this morning I've been out doing all my running around, playing the Easter bunny and making other preparations. Tomorrow is cleaning day so the house is all beautiful and comfy. We are having dinner with family so I don't have to cook! The church we were going to for Easter service has canceled their program, makes me sad!

Heading to the gym tonight for my last chance workout before meeting the scale tomorrow! Since I had a tiny gain last week I'm hoping this week is gonna be fantastic!!

I hope everyone is well and having a beautiful Good Friday.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:29 PM   #23  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

cakes
Terrific. One step at a time.

Tina
There you go again losing more weight

Busy busy
Just about have this place in order. Have to be out of here by 8 am to be down south. Get my shopping done ( cheaper down there ) and then head to the church by 1. Will take us all day to get the kitchens and foods prepped for tomorrow. First service at 6 and then a breakfast type of thing ( I don't serve at this one ) then we are up and rolling getting things going. Church again at 11 and then the eating hall opens at noon. We will be open from noon until 8 pm. Guess they have tons of people come in. Going to be a busy weekend. Thats ok, I didn't want to rest after getting half my spring cleaning done anyway lol. I called the doc this morning because I am having a pain that goes across my chest if I try to say BREATH lol. She can't get me in because they are only open half day today and not at all tomorrow because of the holiday. Asked me all kinds of questions and says she thinks I might have pulled something during my Resistance training last night. Funny, I don't remember doing anything different. Anyway, she told me I could do the walking in the videos if I wanted to but no upper body stuff. Ya right, can you see me doing something half way. I haven't decided yet if I am going to do the walking/aerobics videos at all until I see her Monday. I know me, I won't even think about it and my arms will be up and down and all over the place.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:55 PM   #24  

Hello ladies! I don't check in for a day and there's all new threads! I have been enjoying my couple of days off. I haven't done much which has been nice. I've got to be careful to not blow off the whole weekend though!

I've done an hour of exercising each day which has been an accomplishment. Usually on Thursdays and Fridays I only do about 30 min, so it's a little more than usual. I'm up to 6 hours this week so far and I plan on doing some tomorrow also!

I'm excited about getting to pick our teams next time, because I LOVE my RED team! A question about the next challenge though. Will there be one when this one is over or will we have to wait until next fall when the new BL season starts? I'll have to wander over to the other threads to see if they say there.

Take care everyone and have a great weekend!
Old 03-21-2008, 06:36 PM   #25  
Melissa

Karen way to go on that exercise!!! Excellent job! I'm pretty sure that the next challenge begins in April, right after this one ends. enjoy that time off!! I'm so excited to have mine too!
Old 03-21-2008, 06:44 PM   #26  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

I can't see not sticking with Red since I've lost something like 55lbs with you guys during the last 2 challenges.

I picked my bike up today.... and it SNOWED. Ack!! Looks like it won't be nice enough to test her out until Mon-Tues. I got some clipless petals and that has me nervous. Only time I've ever been attached to my bike was in a spin class. So between not having road bike shifting experience and the pedals it's going to be an experience.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:37 PM   #27  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Ideal
Sorry about the snow. I know you were looking forward to your bike. We will have great weather soon. You are going to have lots of fun on that bike.

I have met some great people here on Red. I hope we all keep chatting once the challenge is over.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:35 PM   #28  
What am I waiting for?

S/C/G: 315/254/160

Height: 5'6"

Im kind of glad a new thread was starting its a lot less overwhelming for me to try and catch up with everyone.

I just updated my weight I hope I made the weigh in cut off. I have been at a plateau for a few weeks now..... I need to get more exercise in to get the weight coming off again. I suppose it doesnt help that I was just on vacation and have been dining out only for the past 4 days. Tomorrow I will be back on track. I feel sick though its odd from all the junk. ....and its not like I ate a lot of junk per say since I am vegan. Its just heavier stuff I had to eat like Bagels for breakfast....etc... I had to make do with was availible on menus which is next to nothing most times!
Anyways Its so cold up here with the wind whipping around I am going to make some nice and tea and curl up with a a book now.
Everyone had a safe and relaxing night if you can and a nice Easter if you celebrate it!
Old 03-21-2008, 09:45 PM   #29  
Takin' charge of my life!

Good evening ladies!! I am extremely sore tonight. I had the day off from work today so I decided to go to the gym for an hour and a half. Ended up doing 30 minutes of my C25K training...Week 2 Day 4. I also did an hour spin class!! No wonder I am sore!! It didn't help that after the class I didn't stop, I ended up going shopping, I'm looking for a flat screen monitor for my computer, I think I went to 5 different stores. It was definitely nice to have the day off today while my son had school a free day for mommy!

Last edited by Andi18; 03-21-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:48 PM   #30  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Well, the Good Friday service went GREAT (2.5 hrs - but it was awesome)! Now the parish assistant wants another special PowerPoint for Easter, so it looks like most of tomorrow will be spent working on that.

I got my Zumba videos in the mail I'm hoping to try the tutorial DVD tomorrow. Thanks to everyone that recommended them. I'm exited to add them into my routine. Hopefully Spring really IS around the corner and I can get back outside soon.

Stay strong - have a wonderful and BLESSED Easter. I count all of you among my blessings this holiday season