Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 07:26 AM   #91  
helpingrachel

OnebyONe: Credit for daily dish washing. Hope you are staying warm and cozy.

Michele: Love that you are packing your book ---so relate to the all or nothing thought. Just in as you see fit, share your credits for baby tasks as it matters.

Ann: Sent you way and you journey thru grief process. Glad you are posting and connecting. I hope you get in contact with a good counselor that can help guide you thru the sadness and sorrow. Treasure yourself today.

Lexxiss: I love your adventures of work and "going over the hill" to enjoy. Thanks for continuing to connect and share your journey with us.

Julia150---Love your #-tags. Sorry about locking yourself in your car. I sure have my own stories about that and running out of gas in a high traffic area. my humanity gives you a wink.

Off to work this morning.

Clean-Kitchen sink and counters
Old- 20 more items out of closets----any closets.
New- My daughters much neglected bedroom. I will be joining her to see if we can make any type of progress in this tornado zone. Baby steps!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:29 AM   #92  
helpingrachel

Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing we will ever do.
Brene Brown.

I have this on my new whiteboard in the office. Sending love to my decluttering friends. May you find some new treasures today.

Last edited by helping rachel; 01-18-2013 at 07:32 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:56 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 209/206/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone! Just joined yesterday after reading all your encouraging and supportive posts. Bought the Beck book and it makes so much sense...I guess it's the just sticking with it. Sometimes I feel like the old cartoon where the angel and devil are sitting on your shoulder encouraging/discouraging you in the decision process. I picture Richard Simmons on one side and Homer Simpson on the other...unfortunately, Homer usually wins. But I am 52, newly single and starting over...I want this next chapter in my life to be one of fitness and health. Thank you!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:30 AM   #94  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Hi declutterers!

Yesterday I went back through some items under my bathroom sink. I set out many bottles of lotion/shampoos...mostly samples. This morning I was able to just look at them and throw them all away. credit. They've been opened (probably stale) AND the shelters/food banks won't take stuff that has been opened. My old self wants to keep them and use them someday.

My new-current-self "knows" I will never use them. I have my current stuff, which I LOVE, and that is what I will use. I am a little sad when I have to waste something.

Reality: I waste very little and the universe will continue if I pitch 7-8 small bottles AND
I am not picking up any more samples. credit.

old clutter-pitched lotions/shampoos. Worked for an hour sorting pictures on the computer for my photo projects.
current clutter-made the bed, picked up bedroom/bathroom. Will pick up the rest later when I pack to travel.
clean-I will clean my toilet today and vacuum the bedroom.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #95  
helpingrachel

New Chapter: I love your comparison of Richard Simmons and Homer Simpson. I have been "Homered" myself. This is the declutter thread and you can post here with your experience. If you would like the Beck Diet Solution for January, you can post there for a Diet Coach. Best of luck to you!
Old 01-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #96  
helpingrachel

Sorry, I meant Next Chapter! May it be a good one!
Old 01-19-2013, 03:59 AM   #97  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hi all, I am here to acknowledge, today I just looked at the clutter and thought oh well and then had a great walk.
Have a great day.
Take Care
Ann
Old 01-19-2013, 04:07 AM   #98  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi declutterers!

Ann, I think even looking at it is a part of the acknowledgement process. For years I existed and functioned in and with my clutter and rarely ever looked. Glad you enjoyed your walk!

I traveled yesterday and returned home to a pretty organized home. I had an inkling, though, that I did not follow through with the laundry which includes my work shirt. I didn't so it's in the wash now. I was looking for extra lipsticks last eve and looked in my knitting bag. WOW! Was I surprised...it was all organized and cleaned out. Apparantly I had dealt with it during one of my 5 minute stints. credit.

Today 1-2-3 dance
1-old clutter-back to company books, file 10 pictures with photo project and clean off my little desk in my office
2-current clutter-pick up pop cans in tv room, do dishes and laundry
3-clean-I will dust my living room; a 5 minute project
Old 01-19-2013, 07:59 AM   #99  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good morning, just wanted to say HI and that I have not forgotten you ladies My living room has NOT accumulated any new clutter which is amazing, and I have such simple enjoyment by just sitting here.

I bought 2 new eyeshadows yesterday, and did throw into trash can two old ones that were still usuable but could do without them. That was a really small declutter wasn't it

One habit I have kept for a few weeks is, on laundry day (I just do it once a week) I take a sock or small towel and dust my bureau top and bedside stand top/lamp. Dusting regularly is something I can not seem to time right, usually I do not think of it til there is a coating.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:21 AM   #100  
helpingrachel

VermontMom: Something in Something out is a big deal regardless how small it is. I was walking in the house yesterday from work and realized that it would not keep getting overweight if I didn't bring new things in. Great notion to get rid of what it is replacing. This thought came after going on a shopping trip with a friend where the merchandise was on 25% of the original price....I so love a bargin but was so overwhelmed by the racks and racks of clothing. I decided I just wanted to continue to organize my own closet. It feels good to like what I have and know where it is. I am more of a tightwad with my money so I have never been a mall rat chasing the latest fashions. But I do love a good bargain after
christmas. My friend found 5 new work outfits from this nice department outlet, I came home with none. Credit---

Ann- I am glad you were out in open space and had a good walk. A walk can sometimes can clear the head.

Came home last night from working and made cauliflower crust-zucchini pizza. It was sooooo good. I then watched a chick flick with my daughter. We cleaned up the initial mess but I have a sinkful of dishes to wash before work. So I better get off of here.

OC- Work on 2 boxes from Utility room.
NC- Kitchen tuperware is ready to take over the cabinets
Clean- Well, when I get home at 12 today--I am just setting the timer to see how much I can get done as there is so much to get back in order. Sometimes if I challenge myself I can get on a roll to get lots done.

Lexxiss: I love to hear how you go to a space and find it in order. I am experiencing the same thing here. A reward for doing the work.

Last edited by helping rachel; 01-19-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:21 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 210/192.8/155

Height: 5'2"

BIG success declutter day!
Old Clutter: DD and I bagged up her old clothes together. Four garbage bags have been dropped off at Goodwill!
Current Clutter: Dining room table covered with miscellaneous junk. Clutter returned to it's home or thown away, Tablecloth left on table from Christmas cleaned and put away. (How embarrassing, nearly a month ago)Plus miscellaneous papers, receipts, mail found in random place in garbage.
Clean: Will vacuum a couple of rooms within the hour

Reward: Wow, do I feel good about what I did. Yes, there are miles to go but every little chip will add up.

Thanks for the motivation!
Helping Rachel I love your quotes. You are an inspiration to me. I use the timer sometimes too. It seems to be when I make a goal to just do 10 minutes of cleanup I usually do more.

Lexxis Oh man, I can identify with the small old bottles of samples, half used, 5 years old, not my type, sitting there taking up space. I have plenty of them myself. I'm done for today but I'll think of you when I pitch those useless things too. I was raised by frugal savers. I'm slowly learning that I don't need to save things "just in case". If "in case" ever comes, I probably won't be able to find what I need.

AnnThe walk is form of declutter, you are decluttering your brain so take credit for that.

Next ChapterWelcome, I look forward to getting to know you. I am new to this group and the January group but you won't find a more supportive, open armed group.

VermontMomLove your dusting method. I wait until the dust is visible most of the time. I see the dust and think "I should go get a dust cloth and dust", look around and see the rest of the mess and feel overwhelmed and do nothing. This group is sure helping me to recognise that all the little steps will eventually add up and anything I do helps me get there.
Happy Saturday Night because:
JuliaHasSavedHerCaloriesToEatSomethingSpecial!
Old 01-20-2013, 05:58 AM   #102  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi declutterers!

I had an amazing experience yesterday-one that fuels my fire to keep going on a daily basis. I was upstairs watching TV after work and got a phone call. The couple we were going to meet with on Jan 29 regarding the remodel of my grandmothers house called. They were driving through our town on the way home from Denver. I asked if they wanted to stop and they did. I gave them directions and went to the front porch. They arrived within 3 minutes. I was able to give them a tour of the entire house-every room-and there was nothing to be embarrassed about....bed was made, dishes done, stuff put away...It was an incredible moment for me. credit. credit. (PS-a year ago I might have just told them I wasn't at home...or even in town since my cell wouldn't reveal my location)
So today:
old clutter-take old paperwork to basement and do two more months of company books.
current clutter-make bed, pick up, and specifically take new coffee stash to basement (15 # fromcostco)
clean-clean out fridge and upstairs freezer/organize

Julia, great job!

Holly (VermontMom), kudos on keeping your living room decluttered and for creating new habits!

Tami(helping rachel), yay for an enjoyable shopping trip where you recognized you don't have to bring new stuff home!
Old 01-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #103  

Lexxiss- whoo Hoo on being about to greet unexpected people to your home! What a good feeling you must have had!
Julia
Old 01-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #104  
helpingrachel

Hi Ladies,

Still in my pj's at 4. One of those days.

Julia150: Way to go on the cleaning, decluttering and giving stuff away....neat modeling with your daughter to let things go that are not needed.

Lexxiss: Wow- Now that is a payoff! It's a new day with a new way of doing things.

I am glad you shared that.

Holly: Great job for keeping your living space clean and in order I like your dusting idea.

My son called from college and I told him about working on shifting my energy into things that I want to get done. I told him that I cleaned and organized my office. His reply "Bulls***". I said the proof is in the pudding and sent him the pictures. He said "Mom, I don't ever remember your office being clean and functional." I was smiling from the inside out...

Hi to all if I missed anyone. Here is a quote I started my day with.

What a feeling to have my values align with my actions. Grateful to God for change.

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself". Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by helping rachel; 01-20-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #105  

Tami/helping Rachel: Wasn't it nice to show off your clean office to your son. I think my son would respond the same, my office is a pit. However he would still be right.

New Clutter: will p/u newspaper and cans in family room
Old Clutter: DH and I cleaned our bedroom. Between the 2 of us we had 4 garbage bags of clothes too miserable to donate and a half bag that will go to goodwill in a few days.
Clean: We vacuumed the bedroom for the first time in months. I am very ashamed at how bad it was. I will probably vacuum the family room before the night is out.
Julia
Closed Thread