Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 10:22 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 220/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Friday

WI-no weigh-in. Read my cards, made a plan or schedule. Food – on-plan; Exercise – on-plan (40 mins). My first day without sadness, and DH woke up this morning happy and feeling great. Yay!

The Good
- Throughout the day, I identified satisfaction vs fullness while eating, and I stopped eating when satisfied – credit!
- Throughout the day, I identified hunger vs non-hunger before I ate – yep!
- Tolerated non-hunger without eating – yep!
- Eat mindfully, enjoying every bite – credit!
- Used resistance techniques – credit!
- Give credit throughout the day for every positive eating behavior – yep!
- I posted here – yes!
- Read the pink book – yep!

The Bad, and the Ugly
- No spontaneous exercise

Beverlyjoy Kudos for such great planning, and follow-through, on your trip!

gardenerjoy Bravo for making plans for the new restaurants in your area.

midlifecrisis Kudos for a great GREEN day!

one by one It sounds like you had a pretty good food day, but I can certainly empathize with ‘ Tomorrow's another day coaches. Thank goodness. Here’s to a great Saturday!

Bill I hope your cough goes away soon. It’s been so long…
Old 02-20-2010, 10:50 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Coaches/Buddies, knocked down with a bad headache today…

Today’s Essentials:
Weigh-in: no change
Read Advantage Cards two times: once
Read Response Cards at least two times: once
Ate slowly, sitting down, noticing every bite: yes
Gave myself credit when I engaged in helpful eatcing behaviors: yes
Did spontaneous exercise: yes
Did planned exercise: yes
Wrote out food plan for tomorrow: yes
Tracked today’s food: not yet

BeverlyJoy, I hope you and your mom have speedy recoveries! Glad to hear you are enjoying your grandson have such a great plan in place.

BillBlueEyes, glad you are taking it a little bit easier on yourself. Ouch for he car bill.

ChinaMaine, 25 pounds! You only have 25 pounds to go until you meet your goal!

GardenerJoy, what great preparation to have meals planned out at all of the restaurants you normally patronize.

Midlifecrisis57, I sincerely appreciate your athlete diet realization.

Onebyone, too bad for the frustrating day.

Seadwaters, I really appreciate your difficulties with time and commuting and applaud your strengthening resistance techniques, even if it was not a perfect outcome. You’ll get everything organized this weekend. I’m sure of it!
Old 02-20-2010, 11:47 AM   #183  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Still feeling a bit fragile with all of this. We went out to lunch again yesterday (DH needs distraction from uncomfortable dental work that, if it doesn't improve, will require a root canal). I followed my plan at the Japanese restaurant (order the Yakisoba but take home nearly all of the chicken for a sandwich the next day), but there's no way of avoiding too much sodium, so I didn't weigh myself this morning. Then, I messed up my plan last thing at night by eating an extra slice of bread because I wanted it and I didn't care at that moment.

Part of what is going on is that we're watching the Olympics, which I'm very much enjoying. But somehow, I'm still expecting myself to do things that I would normally have done in that time -- creative projects and yoga or qi gong. So, I'm feeling behind on everything. I either need to change the habit of watching the Olympics or lower my expectations. Since, the Olympics only happen every couple of years and since I don't always get into them as much as I did this year, I think I'll let go of some expectations and just enjoy the ride.

WI: N/A kg, Exercise: +30, 1048/1400 minutes for February, Food: off, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

midlifecrisis57: yay for transitioning back to green!

onebyone: This seems so wise and just what I need right now: If you take the steps as they show themselves to you and don't get distracted the path, the painting, the Beck program, the weightloss, it all follows-right as rain.

Beverlyjoy: I'm glad that you are doing well on the road and that you are enjoying your grandson!

BillBlueEyes: glad you are feeling well enough to ignore the coughing. I know conventional wisdom says to wait for exercise until the cough quits, but I tend to wait until I can't stand it anymore and then just pretend it's gone. So far, that strategy hasn't resulted in bronchitis or pneumonia.

ChinaMaine: it's good to see that you and DH have got through that first, and most intense, wave of grief. Yay for all of those credits!

FutureFitChick: sending healing thoughts in the direction of Indiana for your headache.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:06 PM   #184  
Grateful Jr Member BECK

Default Heavens to Becksy

Dear Coaches, woke up to another sunny day! (We only get 159 of them a year, I think, here in the Appalaches). I was hoping to go GREEN today, but something told me: no. It was a half hour later out of bed than I like for GREEN, I had bad dreams (Cars not working, DH not working) and i just felt like EMOTIONALLY I wasn't ready for a worry-free GREEN. If I feel emotionally uncomfortable, I vote for YELLOW. So its a yellow day, two forum check-ins for me, sorry 'bout that! THe good news is, YELLOW bracelet days can be learning days, even revelation days, because instead of being all Extroverted, there is time for me to reflect a bit. I am, and I recorded some conversations that need therapy !!!! and also had some revelations about YOGA and ordered some Eric Franklin books (omgoodness, guru a moi!). THen I tried to practice some metta meditation, starting with loving kindness towards myself--didn't get too far with that, got a long way to go (Learning day!...see what I mean?)

ONEBYONE: you have a rare talent: to be a visual artist and also a literary genius! These two talents are sooooo opposed, they are rarely found in the same individual!!!! I know what you mean about the finished painting--I'm a watercolor amateur after oils/acrylics, and it sure is hard not to paint WAY past finished!!!! I do everything way past finished, actually. That's how I roll. Doesn't work too well though. Insecurity? Maybe. change of subject: I laud you for describing the behaviour that led to the eating off plan. Sounds like the demon to overeat got to you way earlier--somewhere in the lost nap, frustration in class, missed bus, finding a solution to get home, something had to give-in!!!! That's what I mean by a yellow day. When you can see it coming like that, the amassing of little frustrations, it's time to go on high alert, cause we're SO VULNERABLE!!!! Do you have cards with you and stuff? Be more prepared with cab fare every class, just in case this happens again? More preparation might be needed. I can totally understand you eating to stay warm, if you were outside. Oh, those cold nights in Montreal when I was at McGill for two years. oohhhhhhhhhhhhh cold! Eating is better than freezing to death!

BevJoy: Grandsons, yay! I can see why you might be distracted. Kids and superfluous eating can certainly go together. Glad you are taking great care to keep them separated. When I babysat for other families as a teen, wow permission to eat, granted! Never again!

BillBE: there, you see, I really was wrong about what you meant by your old self!!!!! Thanks for getting it straight for me (cough cough). Et je change le suject: Model T's have no muffler I take it? How fast dd those babies go anyway? Probably way faster than you'd need in a Boston area commute at rush hour, non?

Abientot, mes cheries et BBE!
Old 02-20-2010, 02:11 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone,
Sorry its been a while...Been super busy with school and going to the gym.
Ive lost 18 pounds since I began in January. Im still doing my class and i guess its working. Ive written some response cards and even written down when I hit a mile stone! Like last week i wore a skirt that I havent worn is years because it was too small. All my jeans are big and I need a belt to wear them
Im having a hard time keeping on track on the weekends! During the week I stay in the plan....

Ive been to the gym at least 3 days a week and have all ready seen a change

My goal is to lose 2 more pound before the end of the month'The weather seems to getting a bit warmer and I long for spring when I can ride my bike!

Have a good night! Best regards from Malmö Sweden

Last edited by spacecadet; 02-20-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:44 PM   #186  
Grateful Jr Member BECK

Default Heavens to Becksy

Dear Coaches, woke up to another sunny day! (We only get 159 of them a year, I think, here in the Appalaches). I was hoping to go GREEN today, but something told me: no. It was a half hour later out of bed than I like for GREEN, I had bad dreams (Cars not working, DH not working) and i just felt like EMOTIONALLY I wasn't ready for a worry-free GREEN. If I feel emotionally uncomfortable, I vote for YELLOW. So its a yellow day, two forum check-ins for me, sorry 'bout that! THe good news is, YELLOW bracelet days can be learning days, even revelation days, because instead of being all Extroverted, there is time for me to reflect a bit. I am, and I recorded some conversations that need therapy !!!! and also had some revelations about YOGA and ordered some Eric Franklin books (omgoodness, guru a moi!). THen I tried to practice some metta meditation, starting with loving kindness towards myself--didn't get too far with that, got a long way to go (Learning day!...see what I mean?)

ONEBYONE: you have a rare talent: to be a visual artist and also a literary genius! These two talents are sooooo opposed, they are rarely found in the same individual!!!! I know what you mean about the finished painting--I'm a watercolor amateur after oils/acrylics, and it sure is hard not to paint WAY past finished!!!! I do everything way past finished, actually. That's how I roll. Doesn't work too well though. Insecurity? Maybe. change of subject: I laud you for describing the behaviour that led to the eating off plan. Sounds like the demon to overeat got to you way earlier--somewhere in the lost nap, frustration in class, missed bus, finding a solution to get home, something had to give-in!!!! That's what I mean by a yellow day. When you can see it coming like that, the amassing of little frustrations, it's time to go on high alert, cause we're SO VULNERABLE!!!! Do you have cards with you and stuff? Be more prepared with cab fare every class, just in case this happens again? More preparation might be needed. I can totally understand you eating to stay warm, if you were outside. Oh, those cold nights in Montreal when I was at McGill for two years. oohhhhhhhhhhhhh cold! Eating is better than freezing to death!

BevJoy: Grandsons, yay! I can see why you might be distracted. Kids and superfluous eating can certainly go together. Glad you are taking great care to keep them separated. When I babysat for other families as a teen, wow permission to eat, granted! Never again!

BillBE: there, you see, I really was wrong about what you meant by your old self!!!!! Thanks for getting it straight for me (cough cough). Et je change le suject: Model T's have no muffler I take it? How fast dd those babies go anyway? Probably way faster than you'd need in a Boston area commute at rush hour, non?

Abientot, mes cheries et BBE!
Old 02-20-2010, 11:18 PM   #187  
persist

S/C/G: 322/310/299

Height: 5' 6"

Angry still off - a little worse today

Hi coaches

Looks like I need to re-group. I was antsy here at home today. DH's new schedule has him off on Mon and Tues, or Tues and Wed, and he's feeling a little off working regular weekdays- hours: noon-9pm with an hour off to spend as he wishes throughout the day. When he was playing poker for himself he'd work 3-4 hrs, then break 1-2 then on for 3-4 and etc. No one to answer to but himself, the finances, and sometimes, rarely, me. So we are both adjusting to his newly regimented life.

I ended up leaving this morning by myself on the bus and wandering about and during that time my foot started acting up and right after that my knee, same side/same leg. The foot was hurting like when I had plantar fascitis. Yowch. And then the knee was achy, like arthritic or something. The only thing I've done differently is put supportive foam insoles in my shoes, which I wore yesterday with no problem and now today things hurt. Once home I went barefoot and the pain is less so it must be the insoles.

I hate hurting. It makes me feel vulnerable.

While out I was very hungry and used DH as my excuse to "bring him home a treat" and bought two no-name containers of those chips in a can type chips because "they were on sale: 2 for $2.00 a good deal!". No. I forgot. Cheap doesn't mean I can afford the calorie hit, the emotional hit, or the hit to my program. I can only afford it financially and what part of doing the Beck thing is financial? Well, it is free to do after you buy the book(s), minimal cost really, could even be zero cost actually. So, being OP is NOT related to $ and "good deals". Somehow I must remember that-a response card could take care of that. Also I am slipping in my commitment to eating real food. Those chips are pre-chewed if you ask me. Definitely falling into the category of non-food primarily just an addictive item.

I also ate seconds for the first time wanting to "finish the stew off" like the refrigerator cares if there's still a bowl of stew in there for tomorrow. hello? It doesn't care. But this is what I told myself as I went for seconds. I also seconded the chips so I could finish them off. I was stuffed and sort of anaesthetized which, as I have said before, is for me the point.

I am in complete reaction mode here this weekend. I am blue-white from lack of sun. I feel slow and now achy. I don't trust myself or my program to work anymore and I do know this is a lie. Choosing to believe the gives me backhanded permission to eat "whatever like it matters anyway you are completely ineffective."

Uh, no.

In OA we used to talk about "the fight" being over. This was the fight with the food, or with the program of choice we were following, but basically we just tried to accept ourselves as we are and get on with it, doing the best we can. I have to accept that it is tougher to follow my food plan with DH home, and that I use this fact as a reason to overeat and to not eat as well because that's what DH likes and I want to make him happy. Credit to me for caring but no credit for doing so at my own expense. I didn't weigh myself today after the food we had last night and I doubt I will weigh-in tomorrow. My goal will be a sane food day: no seconds, no sugar, no sedentariness (pains notwithstanding here), seated eating, and whatever other s I can fit in... strength/be strong also.

Good night coaches.

midlifecrisis57 thanks for the kind thoughts you send my way. I really walk around completely unprepared and hope to pull a rabbit out of a hat every time. Mostly it works but come tired/scared/frustrated/lonely the rabbit skips out on me and rabbits move fast so it's gone before I can say wascally wabbit. I need to prepare for my day properly again. Thanks for the reminder.

Hopefully I'll get back to full responses to everyone soon. Know I read everything everyone writes and I am rooting for everyone--including those who don't post or just drop by now and again. rootrootroot!
Old 02-21-2010, 05:44 AM   #188  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Sunday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Got in some exercise by walking to the drug store to buy more cough syrup; CREDIT moi. Had a problem. They'd given my a coupon last trip for $4 off a $20 purchase. I didn't want $20 worth of cough syrup. But I saw their Listerine-a-like at 50% off the second liter. Remembered that I thought that we needed some. So bought two liters. Now I was in for about $13 and I was standing next to the valentine's candy on super sale - about 75% off. So, I could get $28 worth of it for $7 and get $4 back making it $28 worth for $3 - almost 90% off. Too good to pass up. Then I remembered that I'd turned down some for FREE last week and walked away; CREDIT moi. I hate that my neurons still dawdle on the absurd like before my journey. And the Easter candy was right behind me; they have no shame.

Ate on-plan; CREDIT moi. Only ate half of my half of the lamb stew DW prepared - not for noble Beckian reasons but because food isn't yet appealing (and because I could drool over the thought of having it for a lunch next week).

onebyone - Thanks for "So, being OP is NOT related to $ and "good deals"." - from an addict; that's just what I needed today. Kudos for continuing to fight the good fight as you adjust to changes in your life, since adjusting to changes is your life for this next phase.

ChinaMaine - Remembering to continue to send supportive thoughts as your and your DH move through the stages of grief - even into acceptance. Yay for your 30 minutes of exercise.

FutureFitChick - Yay for writing out tomorrow's food plan despite the headache - that's certainly "learning to dance in the rain."

Joy (gardenerjoy) - If you know the secret for, "I think I'll let go of some expectations and just enjoy the ride." let me know. It's such a waste of a good life to suffer from un-reasonable expectations. Think I'll just adopt your notion for exercise and cough, "...wait until I can't stand it anymore and then just pretend it's gone."

midlifecrisis57 - Yay for ordering books to salve anything; that's one of my addictions that I have no intention of fixing, as long as I can move some out to make room. Kudos for continuing to track your emotional state with caution; another day of YELLOW to get back in your grove is a day well spent. Yes, Model T's did have mufflers - cheap, visible, orderable from the Sears catalog, replaceable by the average joe. A good looking, restored Model T wouldn't last long on some of the tougher Boston streets; they're worth some money.

Maggie (spacecadet) - Congrats on 18 pounds year-to-date. Yep, my take is that your class is certainly working. Yay for the NSV's of tight clothes fitting again. Suspect that you'll have Spring there in the "Florida of Sweden" before we do here in the North Pole of the United States, LOL.

Readers -
Quote:
day 19
How to Stop Fooling Yourself
Create an It's Not Okay Response Card similar to the one below . . .
Quote:
It's Not Okay

It's not okay to eat unplanned food of any kind. I'm just trying to fool myself. Every single time I eat something I'm not supposed to, I strengthen my giving-in muscle and weaken my resistance muscle. I might feel good for the few seconds I'm eating, but I'll feel bad afterwards. If I want to lose excess weight and keep it off, I absolutely must stop fooling myself.

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 163.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:58 AM   #189  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Default Quick Sunday night check in

Hi coaches
I am checking in to keep myself vaguely on track. I am having trouble with all the aspects of the program mainly because I don't marshal my time too well. Didn't she know it when she said we need to plan and have a schedule that included dieting. I have come down to Sydney one day early because I have early classes tomorrow and lectures to prepare so the weekend was even shorter and so was the planning. At least if I am going to check in it forces me to engage with the response cards and the advantages of the program etc. I always read everyone's posts because they are so heart-warming and motivating - but I need to post too or I can avoid my responsibilities to me.

So I haven't been reading cards or books, I haven't been scheduling my time (just crisis management), but I haven't been eating too badly. At least I have had to organise and plan food until Wednesday given my travel to Sydney. That is working quite well and I am glad I haven't abandoned that to fast food and sandwiches! I have been doing my physical therapy stuff - so credit that at least. Actually walked up some stairs today!

Anyway - enough rambling from me. I am off to read some response cards and a chapter or so before bed
Old 02-21-2010, 08:57 AM   #190  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

hi beck folks-

I have just a moment now to check in. Yesterday went well despite going to a restaurant for lunch and my grandson's pizza birthday party at supper time. I am very grateful. I've been writing down my food and keeping track via exchanges. I had a couple extra exchanges but I have allowed that for myself. I read my response cards, did my stretches and strengthening exercises, had lots of water. I am grateful for the willingness to keep trying away from home.

I am so enjoying my time with grandson! His favorite thing to say these days is "Good idea!" I love that.

I will try and check in later today for some personals. I appreciate having this place and you folks to help me work this program.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:50 AM   #191  

S/C/G: 220/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Saturday

WI-no weigh-in. Read my cards, made a plan. Food – on-plan; Exercise – on-plan (43 mins).
We had a nice day yesterday. After lunch we went snow-shoeing across the cove. We walked further down one of the unplowed roads over there. It’s been above freezing every day for over a week, so the snow has been melting quite a bit. The snow that’s left is very heavy and makes the snow-shoeing more difficult… But it was fun to get out in the snow and to see how the other folks spend their summer vacation. We were surprised to see that many of the folks have out-houses! Many of the lots over there are tiny too, with small cabins and trailers right on top of each other. The lots by us are all 1-2 acres – it definitely makes it much nicer for us.
We went out to dinner last night. It’s a nice local Asian restaurant, that mostly has Thai dishes. I generally avoid Thai and Chinese restaurants because soy sauce contains wheat. And most restaurants are not aware of how to cook gluten-free. But the kitchen and staff here are very aware to cooking gluten-free, so it’s such a treat to go there. Last time I had a curry dish, so this time I decided to go for a classic Pad Thai. I had done some research ahead of time, so I knew Pad Thai was packed with fat and calories.
My plan was to have a light appetizer, followed by being very careful to only eat Pad Thai until satisfied. I figured the appetizer would be enough depress my hunger level by the time the entrée arrived, and would help me to feel satisfied more quickly. I had Tom Yum soup which is a light, spicy broth with mushrooms, onions, and shrimp. It was yummy and I ate half (so I have the other half still to enjoy). I only ate 1/3 of the order of Pad Thai. Credit moi for the planning and for following through at the restaurant! The Pad Thai was pretty bland, but they have other things I can try next time.
The Good
- Throughout the day, I identified satisfaction vs fullness while eating, and I stopped eating when satisfied – credit!
- Throughout the day, I identified hunger vs non-hunger before I ate – yep!
- Tolerated non-hunger without eating – yep!
- Eat mindfully, enjoying every bite – credit!
- Used resistance techniques – credit!
- Give credit throughout the day for every positive eating behavior – yep!
- I posted here – yes!

The Bad, and the Ugly
- No spontaneous exercise
- Read the pink book – nope

Future Fit Chick What a great list of credits yesterday – kudos! Hope you feel better today…

gardenerjoy I’m enjoying the Olympics more than usual this year too. Kudos for adjusting your expectations. And credit for following your plan for the Japanese restaurant. I had the same sodium issues in my food last night…

midlifecrisis Hope your YELLOW day worked for you yesterday – kudos for recognizing you needed a yellow day…

Maggie (spacecadet) 18 pounds down – fantastic! It’s feels great to have your clothes get looser doesn’t it? I think it’s time to buy a new pair, so you can enjoy smaller clothes that fit you well. That would be a great reward for your hard work…

one by one Good luck finding a way to stay op when DH is home. Sending supportive thoughts that you’ll find a way to take care of yourself while you enjoy time with DH.

Bill Credit for walking away from the Valentine’s candy (that probably would have tasted mediocre at best). It’s especially nice that your recent victory with free food helped you declare victory over deeply discounted food.

seadwaters Credit for eating well even though planning has been difficult lately. Kudos too for posting here!

Beverlyjoy Great job on eating reasonably when traveling. I’m glad you enjoying your grandson so much!
Old 02-21-2010, 04:03 PM   #192  

Height: 5'7"

Still not caught up. I've had trouble getting the anesthesia out of my system and have been sleeping a lot. Eating is terrible as I struggle to stay awake when kids are home and exercise has been nonexistent. Hoping it passes soon.

Anne
Old 02-21-2010, 08:08 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 304/294/200

Hello everyone:

Shepherdess- thanks again for posting about your life on the farm. It is really fun to read. Hope you are getting as much sleep as you can. Amazing you can eat on plan, run and do yoga on top of everything else. I need a dose of your determination.

FutureFitChick-hope your headache is gone.

gardenerjoy-I am also in the Olympic mode and am lacking sleep and am behind on things. Just settling in for the big US-Can hockey game-- there goes Sunday night. LOL. Good thing this does not happen every year.

spacecadet- hi to you in Sweden from me in Canada. Congratulations on the 18 pound loss- that is fantastic. Nice to feel your clothes falling off!!!

midlifecrisis57- Yay for a yellow day where you took time for yourself to learn.

onebyone- sorry you are having such a hard time. It seems there are so many changes in your life right now. It is no suprise staying on plan is hard. But you have come so far, so just look at this as more learning time. I know the frustration you are feeling. I have been struggling too.

BillBlueEyes-credit for walking away from the Valentine's candy deal. No deal when you think of the calories! Hope you feel better soon.

seadwaters-I share in your difficulties planning and eating away from home.

Beverlyjoy-kuddos for doing well yesterday despite a restuarant trip and a party. That is fantastic and not easy to do.

ChinaMaine-your snow-shoeing afternoon sounds so relaxing. Great exercise and a nice way to get some fresh air. Good going at the restaurant also.

wndranne- sorry you are still feeling the effects of the anesthesia and hope you are feeling better soon.

For me- it has been a shakey week and weekend. Doing some of the things I want to be doing some of the time. I do great when I do not have to deal with the following: being tired, being away from home,and special occassions. I am great when I do not have food in my face. Yet I know I have to learn to deal with these things because they are a reality in life. I wish I could just stay home, but I can't. Sorry if I sound like I am whining, I just need to get past all of this.

I am back in the city for 3 days and 2 overnights this week. Am planning on taking the pink book and doing a bit of soul searching in the evenings.

Credit today for:

weighing in
walking 30 mins with DH down a quiet back road.
reading advantage and response cards
posting here
eating on plan so far
planning tomorrow

Have a good week everyone
Old 02-21-2010, 09:03 PM   #194  
persist

S/C/G: 322/310/299

Height: 5' 6"

Post Sunday evening check-in

Hi coaches

The achey body continues today. I was okay once I got going but now that I am winding down the aches are returning, albeit in new places. My intuition is telling me to start moving my body gently once more, like finding my yoga book and starting that, or signing on to the tai chi classes a few blocks from here, or going swimming for free in my neighbourhood pool-or at the local Y-or at the gym downtown convenient to the school I work at which I can now afford.
Basically I think I need to move this body. It's getting stiff and sore and cramped up from not being used. Walking is good but I need more. credit to my subconscious for delivering me this message loud and clear.

Food today was on plan: three meals, no snacks, no seconds, no sugar, no sedentariness. Good stuff. I did weigh-in this morning: 266 = +3lb. O well.
It's just a number. credit for weighing in and not letting it louse up my day. It didn't.

I think tomorrow I will make a doctor's appt for a full check up for myself. They wanted to see me about my newly elevated cholesterol numbers and called about that in early Dec. I never called back. On my side I have 4 specific concerns I want to address, whether they are easily dismissed or not I will ask about them as if I am leaving the country I'd like to have them checked out before I go and enter a new medical system *shudder. scary.* If something turns out to need attention I'd rather do it here and now. I'd like to do all this and be confident that everything is fine with me but I have fears around my health so this is tough for me to do, but do it I will.

So this is how it is for me tonight coaches. It snowed today and it snowed overnight, nothing major but enough to go "Oh man, it's freakin' snowing again. "

Everyone have a good night.

Last edited by onebyone; 02-21-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:25 PM   #195  
Grateful Jr Member BECK

Default Still Yellow: On alert

Becks, I want to eat!!!!!!!! It was a tough day for some reason. Well partly it was because I was sick yesterday and today, some tension going to my first Race Relations class at the cathedral. It's a great class but we confront issues like social injustice in my own neighborhood and it makes me wish I could do more....Unsettling. I wanted to eat over it. Oh well.

Onebyone: Your insights into your behaviour and triggers and reactions continue to amaze. You really feel what is going on with you. It is only a matter of time and practice and you will get to your goals...you've got facing reality figured out beautifully! You are past denial. Acceptance will come when you are ready. You have us on your side... good job today with your food. You are loved.

Ceejay: yay for soul searching! with or without the pink book. You're wonderful!

Anne: you can recover from anasthesia first. Rest is vital for you now. Rest.

ChinaMaine: your report sounds great! I'm glad for your researching the Thai Pad and also the variety of international foods you enjoy up there in Maine. Who'd have thunk it? Sounds like you find a way to enjoy each and every day. Good for you!

Talk to you again tomorrow, champs!!!
Closed Thread