Old 09-22-2005, 12:52 AM   #16  
MOM of 6 great kids!

S/C/G: 272/210.6/155

Height: 5' 7"

WOOHOO!! I made it 21 days with no soda!! I still can't believe it! I didn't even have any trouble with it. But can you believe I really want one now that the 21 days are over??? I feel like getting up tomorrow morning and going to town(15 min away) just to get a soda? Maybe I should just start my new challenge of no soda tomorrow? Naaahhh! I'll have one first!
Day 16 down on the water and exercise, although I slacked off and only did a little over 1 mile on the treadmill. I will make up for it tomorrow.

Kathy

Last edited by fancyfrog; 09-22-2005 at 12:59 AM.
fancyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 05:51 AM   #17  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Exclamation attaching photos...

carla -- For photos first make sure you have your photos' names ending with any of the following:

bmp gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt

Of course, they should be in that format but often they are and you've changed the name or just don't have that on the end. Put a period before the attachment ending and the name of the photo.

Then...

Go into the advanced mode and scroll down past the message window. See the "manage attachments" window and click on that.

Hit "browse" and find your photo on your computer. Click on it and then click upload and it should be attached to your current message. Click on "close window" and go back to the message writing place. Write a message and submit it. You should see the picture after you submit the message. The preview thing won't show it.

See how that works!!

Check out this photo I took with my cell phone of my horse!

Last edited by redballoon; 07-23-2006 at 05:46 AM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 05:54 AM   #18  
Never give up

Talking crazy!

Oh, shucks! while I'm at it, here's another one!!! Heidi, fans blowing her flaxen florelock back, is looking down the barn aisle, eagerly awaiting the arrival of the hay wagon!!

Last edited by redballoon; 07-23-2006 at 05:46 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:19 AM   #19  
Never give up

Talking Fancyfrog has done it!!!!

BRAVO FANCYFROG!! You RULE!!! Twenty-one days without soda!!! And now, we've got the 21-crazy-banana dance for you!!!

YOU ARE THE GREATEST!!!!

CON
GRATULATIONS!!!!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-22-2005 at 06:25 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:59 AM   #20  
Never give up

Smile doing something here...

Ok, everyone. I'm just posting and posting here! Well, I'm up and doing a challenge, but I'm not sure exactly what it will be. Things are going to be very busy over the next 10 days and the exercise element I was hoping to do may not be possible. Well, it's possible but I may not want to do it. I AM going to do the food element, which is again, no sugar, no white flour AND I will probably cut out a lot of other of my favorites, including....!!!!.....alcohol!! I figure, with three free days, those should be enough for any postrace, friends in from Hong Kong kind of drinking. That will also mean, however, that the drinking nights will probably mean I won't be able to have any pause days with all the other foods without going back to Day 1!! So, it's a toughie, but the socializing with endless pints is just going to have to get reined in!! I will see on the exercise. I can't be sacrificing doing work for exercising and the exercise I had in mind involves really getting my heartrate up, so walking or jogging in place in my room is NOT enough. We'll see....if I could just get that exercise up....

So, this was my Day 1, but I'm not sure what will stay and what will go. I got the no-sugar, no-white flour and other things part in and I got the heartrate over 70 percent max for a minimum of 15 mins. part in. Those are the two I am thinking of doing but the exercise part I may drop out soon, depending on how busy I am.

Okay, over to you all!

fancy -- That is soooo great with your soda challenge. That certainly couldn't have been easy?! And yes, I can very well understand your wanting a soda! This is the way I am when I finish a no-sugar challenge. It's like....wide-eyed kid with the trick-or-treat bag open! The bag is my mouth! No, really, going without is a great thing, really. It makes you really look forward to things. The trick is not to overdo it or to just start a new challenge before things snowball. Self-imposed restrictions work well with me. I don't know why. Must have been the super-strict childhood. I am reverting back to it! Yikes!

Well, keep that exercise challenge going. Slacking off is ok, just as long as you don't actually fall OFF the treadmill!

carla -- love the "potato-shaped!!" I had just been watching a potato show on TV. Yes, they have such things....and so you saying you were potato-shaped actually sounded very nice! I hear you on the just wanting some more time without restrictions. I am the same, especially after a challenge. I guess I make them pretty restrictive and you did too. Giving up wine and chocolate would be super hard, and you said it was actually more like alcohol and most sweets, so it would have excluded a lot of things. Just don't go overboard...she, who has just oinked her way through the last three days...says from her podium....

Silly -- Very cute pup! Thanks for the picture! I agree with carla, your dog probably has some retriever or something in her. I actually see that a lot here. Japanese are big on retrievers, poor things, with the total lack of space here. You can probably give her soemthing else to hold on to and then she won't need the leash in her mouth.

Good going on Day 6 down! Keep it going!

RoniR -- Hello! As I said in the PM, just hop in and start talking to us. Everything here is very informal. Why are you having trouble getting back into the forum? Is it computer troubles or do you mean mentally? Well, I hope to see more of you!!

vanessa -- You're ripping right along!!

Shad -- !! Hello there! Glad to see you trying us out! Welcome! Looks like we got two from Oz now! Good luck!

Apple -- Excellent work on the no-beer! Work those abs!! You are going to be like iron!!

Chaps -- A big hand to you too! You're almost through! Wow! All day I thought of me being your hero! So, I guess I just had to commit to another no-sugar, no-white flour challenge! Thanks for being so sweet!!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-22-2005 at 08:07 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:01 AM   #21  
Never give up

gray -- Whoops! I missed you there! Ooh, sorry to hear you're feeling sick. Hope you get better real soon! Ok, so you're starting over...hang in there! One day at a time!
Old 09-22-2005, 08:02 AM   #22  
Lifeishort, Operaislong

Default My ab routine, for AppleBlosson

Woo hoo, Day 19 finished!

FancyFrog - Congratulations on 21 days! Excellent work!

AppleBlossom - Yes, I can tell you what my ab workout is. I posted it on another thread a week or so ago, so I'll cut and paste. Let me add that after I posted this, someone posted that since abs are muscles, you should not work them every day. Well, my point was that since this workout is low-key, I have been able to do it every day. I don't finish and then hurt for the next few days. It is a workout that doesn't leave me aching, and yet I have absolutely seen results. So, here is what I posted before.

I suppose I should start with the disclaimer that I am not a medical professional or a trained anything of any kind, so anyone who takes my ideas does so at their own risk. HA, is that enough to keep me from getting sued?

So, what I do is so basic it is to laugh. The key is to make yourself do it every single day. That has been the key for me, anyway.

1 - Lying on my back, knees bent, I do a crunch with a twist to the left. I don't sit all the way up, I just bring my upper back off the ground, while reaching to the left with both arms. I do this on an exhale, and hold it until I've exhaled completely. Then slowly roll back down. I make sure to keep my right hip on the ground, not letting it come up at all. I started doing this 15 times, but now I am doing 20.

2 - Same thing, but to the right.

3 - Basic forward crunch. Not a full sit-up, arms stretched straight forward, on the exhale, holding until I've exhaled completely.

4 - Lower abs. Lying down, I stretch my legs out all the way, put my hands under the small of my back for support, and lift both legs. Not very high, the lower you can control this, the better the workout. This is a toughie, I started with 5, and now I do 10. Always on the exhale.

5 - Lying on my stomach, legs stretched out, arms bent, resting above my head, forehead resting on the ground. Slowly, on an exhale, I arch my back so that my upper body to about mid-torso comes off the ground, and my legs come off the ground, up to about mid-thigh. Hold until all exhaled, then release, slowly and with control.

6 - Lying on my stomach, forehead resting on my hands, I do single leg lifts. Engaging the butt muscle, I lift each leg, not too high, hold it, and release slowly. I do this 20 times for each leg.

And that's it. And because I can see the results, I am convinced it is enough. It takes about 15-20 minutes, and I do it after jogging. I hope the descriptions are clear. Describing exercise in words is sort of tough. The main thing was listening to what my body needed and letting that guide me.

Hope it helps!
Chaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 08:05 AM   #23  
Never give up

Chaps -- Abs is a huge muscle group. You can do them every day! All the builders do! Don't worry!
Old 09-22-2005, 08:13 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

I just weighed myself and I'm at 199! Finally! ONEDERLAND at last!!!
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 08:17 AM   #25  
Never give up

Talking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gray -- Hurrah!! Hurrah!! Onederland at last!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 10:27 AM   #26  

Hi everyone!

I'm on day two of actually checking in, reading, and utilizing this site again. Sounds like everyone is doing great, keep it up!

Lisa
friendsforfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 10:35 AM   #27  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

hi guys... umm dont remember what day i am on, have to go back and hunt thru the posts... i am staying on track, we had a big storm and the phones are out where i live ... umm im posting from work right now...

BUT yesterday i went and worked out for an hour... then met a friend and went rowing for 3 hrs...took a nap...

went back and worked out for another hour ...

then took the dog for a walk of 2 miles !!!!!

and ta da i am finally unstuck and the scale went down 4 lbs!!! wooo hooo!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 10:55 AM   #28  

Okay, it's time to put an end to the party. So today is Day one. I'm not sure exactly what the challenge is, so I'll do the no alcohol, no chocolate, no pastries thing. Maybe even a little exercise... By tomorrow I'll know which bits I'll keep.

Fancy, congrats on your challenge! It always impresses me when people actually finish one. I toy with the idea of quitting pop (soda/soft drinks), but I just don't think I could do it. The sugar/white flour would actually be easier for a bubbles addict like me.

I don't know if it worked, but I'm trying to attach a photo of my spoiled babies.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 11:00 AM   #29  

I'm trying to follow Red's photo instructions, but... So this may be another illustration-free post.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:04 AM   #30  

All my pics are deemed too big. So no kitties today.