Old 04-05-2005, 02:37 PM   #16  

That's the thing about it, I KNOW I have not been over-eating at all. I have been working out also - no amjor changes in anything - and there it is still, a 2 lb gain.
The first day I was up I started writing everything down again and making sure I wasn't making any mistakes.
I give up. Don't know what to do. I think the best thing would be to stay off the scale but I can't.
I just can't.
KTna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 05:18 PM   #17  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Hi all, good to see so many people in here!
Can only pop in, as i'm due in work in half an hour!!

Will write more tomorrow
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 06:23 PM   #18  

Hello everyone! I here ya. I as well am a scale addict! Hello MichelleJ! Funny, we both had to post here. I too am in a love hate relationship with the scale. I weigh in naked before eating, after going to the bathroom and weigh in 3 times and take the middle one though...lol... I think many of us are addicts. MY MIL, says throw it out! It's not the number that matters it's how you feel in your clothes. She's got a point, but it's impossible to do for me,.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 07:46 AM   #19  
Made my Goal weight!

wow, I love love LOVE my scale...It has been SO good to me, today it told me I was 124.4-
Who knew? I loved being at 150, 140 was better and my initial goal was 125-135..and now that I am at 124.4 I LOVE it! But I am wondering where my body will stop at....because I have stopped being on such a strict diet and I make much better choices and I really only ever buy low fat or fat free foods, but I exercise a lot...I am also running, and chasing after three kids seems to be a workout all together...
This is the smallest I have been since I was in college (and single...), it is just so weird, my head still hasnt caught up to my body I guess. Although, I gotta say I am loving having so many clothes that FIT!! But, it is equally as rewarding to have clothes that no longer fit.!!! (Thank god for Ebay I have been getting rid of my closet because most stuff is new, never worn )
Okay, sorry to ramble, I just wanted to share that I have literally worked my butt off and NOW it feels like it is paying off!!! Yay!!

Leanne
SW 204 (sept 21/04)day before having my daughter
SW 190 ( sept 25/04) day after we came home from hospital
CW 124.4
LeanneM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:50 AM   #20  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Thumbs up

Good afternoon ladies!

Today i like my scales also, it told me 8st 10lbs (122lbs) again this morning.
I like the sound of your new fangled scales, the ones that weight in 1/2lbs...now that'd be great, mine just do full pounds! I'm going to treat my self to a new pair one of these fine days! I know i should just throw them out and be done with it, but i tried that once and it nearly drove me to distraction....I like my morning routine too much!

Leanne - Well done on your weight loss, i know exactly where your coming from....it's such an achievement to be at your target weight, it makes keeping it off all the more important...I love buying new clothes, especially fitted ones.

Well like Splashes I'll give you a bit of history....We live in the UK and I'm a mother of 3 girls, 15, 13 & 9 I have been with their dad for the past 19 years and love them all to bits. I have spent the past 12 years working with children, last year seen big changes, and i spent the year trying to find another avenue, i've done catering, waiteressing, shop work, working with adults with learning disabilities, and now i'm supporting children in primary school...darn it i just can't get away from the rug rats...love em to bits!!

I am 40 my partner is 42 and have been doing the Atkins WOE since Aug 2003 and have lost a total of 42lbs between us. It's a great way to eat, as foodies it has really inspired us to eat a variety of healthy foods, I'm wheat intolerant so it has fitted in really well.

Well I must dash....
Old 04-06-2005, 09:58 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Good Morning Fellow Scalers~!!!

Welcome KTna, Michelle, and Melmcc!!! So nice to see a big turn out after such a short time!

Goomorning Tulip, Leanne, and Marie!! My what a big group we have going here!

Tis a funny thing that we can laugh at ourselves and our scale obsessions. I'm not weighing in this week due to the facts that it's TOM and my bday today...so needless to say eating hasn't been the best...but I have been doing ALOT of walking.

On to the theory of WeightGain and TIme Change...I LOVE IT...and I'm going to use it for this week..."I am up 4 lbs cuz we switched Times!"LOL That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

Hope everyone has a great day...Looks like spring here....I hear my scales calling from the bathroom...sit's right beside the toilette and whispers."C'monnnnn...you kknnnnnowwwww you wanna get on!!!!"

HEheheheh

See everyone later tonite!
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 10:08 AM   #22  
Confirmed Scales Addict

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPLASHES!!!

Old 04-06-2005, 10:48 AM   #23  
Support soccer in the USA

Yep I do it too. And personally, I hate it. I'm trying to stick to just Monday mornings which is when I write down my weight to track progress.

Like someone else mentioned, it can ruin and control your entire day. I'm down to a few times a week though - not everyday anymore.
SoccerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 01:05 PM   #24  
Made my Goal weight!

Happy Birthday HOTSPLASHES....

Congrats on being 25 this year!!!
Old 04-06-2005, 06:46 PM   #25  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Happy Birthday Hots - HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!

Want to know what my dumb scale did this morning. Other than not being very nice, when I weighed myself 3 times (usually only do it twice) it was different based on which way I leaned. Leaning forward - I registered a pound loss from the moment before when I was leaning backwards. The dumb thing. So now I know to lean forward to get a better reading.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 08:16 PM   #26  

Helloooooo Ladies!!! Having an awesome day today!!

Want to say THANKS for the Bday Wishes!!

Welcome Soccergirl!!

Glad to see everyone posting today!!

Just wanted to stop by and say helllllooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

And yes...I do the leaning thing too on my scale!!hehehehe
Old 04-06-2005, 08:28 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 194/175.2/140

Height: 5'2"

Happy b-day HS!!!

I'm sorry about your back problems. I know how you feel. I've had back pain for a couple years now and recently had really bad sciatic pain for a couple weeks... Not fun..

Better news- I didn't weigh myself today! Yay! Tomorrow's the day! *fingers crossed*
josie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 08:01 AM   #28  
Made my Goal weight!

if you go away, would you take your scale??

When hubby and I go away to my in-laws house for a few weeks at christmas we take our scale, because their scale weighs MUCH heavier than it should....lol, is this psycho??

Anywho, my scale said I was " 124 this morning which is totally awesome b/c it is TOM and I feel like I instantly gained 10lbs this morning...lol...thank goodness I didnt though. But, I ran 6km yesterday so that must have helped. Funny thing, during this weekly "visit" I have found if I PUSH myself to work out, I dont get NEARLY as crampy and uncomfortable as I would normally...hmmm....my workout today will be cleaning the house like crazy, tomorrow is my oldest sons 4th BIRTHDAY- where does the time go? and I have having a party here...lol...should be fun...all of us CRAMMED into our little house...YAY!!

Ok, enough about me....hope everyone is being good, Josie- congrats on not weighing yourself, that really is a victory! Marie- lol, I love the idea of leaning on the scale, hey, which ever reading is the LOWEST HAS to be the REAL one eh? Soccergirl- yes, if my scale showed I was up several pounds I would feel as though I did something wrong and it would bother me ALL day.....I think that is probably the hardest thing to deal with.
Hotsplashes- enjoy your nice weather and say HI to Niagara for me!

Leanne
Old 04-08-2005, 10:19 AM   #29  

Ggoooood morning everyone!! Sorry I didn't get on yesterday...early day to the Doctor's then straight off to a 12 hour shift..and yes I am feeling it...but good news is my disc is slowling going back into place...bad news...permanent nerve damage in my foot and ankle...so i guess you take the good with the bad...

Didn't get home till nearly midnite last nite...got home and finished off a bag of chips and then had a toasted bagel...how bad is that?

As for taking the scale with you? I don't take it with me...of course I don't go anywhere these days!lol Btut I am criminally negligent for moving it around the house to spots where for some reason it weighs me in less!lol go figger...so taking it with you is not bad...

Good luck on weigh in Josie and Happy Bday Cameron!!!!!
Old 04-08-2005, 10:29 AM   #30  

I haven't taken the scale with me on vacation, never thought to - but I might now
I figure it is a vacation so I try not to think about it too much. My vacations are usually more active than my normal life (Disney is our fav vacation!!!), so I can even get away with eating some extras.
KTna is offline   Reply With Quote