Old 01-21-2005, 04:03 PM   #31  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Now I know why I couldn't reach Mel on the phone. She is here on the threads. I see her egg is lit.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 04:25 PM   #32  

evening kids
welcome to mooz tlle says you normally journal but i only started to read them two days ago so please forgive me .Well ladies its COLD DAMN COLD here :sman: its -4 and snow called for but its already icing up my body doesnt like the cold at all i creak in places i didnt know could creak never got much done today at all still not got that drawer done dh was building a pc all day and we only took it to its new home at 6.30pm so never had the chance Ive had a good week with the challenge stuck to the no sweets and crisps all week and the weights were six for seven and the dogs the same six for seven i will think of something for the new one by the end of the post {hopefully}
SHAD all men will cut corners i live with three who dont even know what a corner is !!!!!! hope you get your lot sorted and youll have to see if you can find the pic of percy for me
MEL i need me time so im staying in tomorrow night to have some manicure and pedicure lovely hot shower with shea butter body scrub and lots of lotions and potions {god i watch to much harry potter } make jen work i do when i go to my mums {probably why i dont go very often
HOLLY read the journal and left a comment for you i make dh go out on a saturday its the only time i get from him and as much as i love him i need one day to myself and also to get in the room and polish and hoover properly cant do that every day as his comp desk is in there which means so is he
MEADOW the only time youll find me being dragged along behind a boat is if i fall over board i like my water very warm
TIG glad your back sorry to hear about dh,s aunt good going on the run you absolutley amaze me
TEEL glad i spoke to you early my phone hasnt stopped since
ROSE the lady {old} across the road has called me sharon for 6 years now but i know who she means and the dogs have been well walked and very quickly too didnt know i could get round that feild so fast but its way too cold to hang about
right ladies my phone has just gone again sis is having a crisis so im off hi to anyone i missed and ill just keep the same goals this week as im enjoying them
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 06:12 PM   #33  
Suzi in Auz

Hi Shad I see your little light glowing away... I am not sure what happened just now. I was typing away and had written a whole page and then it vanished. I hate it when it happens.
I hope you have a wonderful Saturday, your gardening sounds wonderful. I wish I had green dye for my thumbs but alas they are tainted brown! Thanks foe the tips on the challenge. YOu have been a busy pixie working those all out. I started mine yesterday and failed miserably. I had 2 glasses of wine after none all week and no walking, The only exercise I managed was a quick tidy up from the party and a aleep infront of Oprah nursing my 9 yr old DD who had fallen asleep.
Holly,I haven't read your journal yet but hugs your way. Your book club sounds superb. I have always wanted to join one. Reading is such a wonderful passion. Please
keep us reviewed on the books you are reading. I have just finished one and am desperate for another. You know that sad feeling when you come to the end. ?
Mel, Im so glad you made it, it's a wonderful new home. It's good to pace yourself my friend. I think we all need boundaries and it's so good to realise our limits. There are enough pressures around us, we don't need to place them on ourselves. You are such a giver...bless you

Linus..sending you some warmth. It's so hard to believe yout temps at the moment. i am sitting here with next to nothing on and boiling! You sound really focussed with your goals and I think someone deserves a crown!

Mooz thank you so much for the picnic basket.I am sneaking the chocolates because i couldn't bare to see you all eat them...oh where's the champers...LOL Isn't it a lovely place. i love to come and visit?

Teel, I hope your eyes feel better. I know the struggles that my DS has had with his eyes in the past. It's so hard then you can't see. He gets so frustrated at times and I know it's his vision

Meadow...summer break is fun. I love the feeling you can create even when hubby goes back to work that we are all still on vacation. I have still resisted that cake...I really can't believe I have...i had a little nibble of the icing

Meadow, I have those nights too when i can't sleep esp at the moment with the heat, at least you have a second home to come and snooze in for a while. The fire looks inviting too. Are we in winter here girls?

I hate it when the thread runs off the page.

Tig was that you that came second in your run I read it a page or two back...wow. You are fantastic. I would love to run. I just need a new knee.

I really mustn't neglect anyone else too much longer. My DS is 13 today. He planned his celebrations perfectly with a party and a day inbween and then a family day with us. He still loves to spend time with us. My Mum called this DH was morning and I giggled , it was like listening to Billy Crystals Mum on City Slickers...I remember when....
The scary part is that could be me...I do remember when. I remember everything and it has all gone by so quickly...wow

I hope you all have wonderful days ...hi happy, hi candle lady, hi gigi...if I've left anyone out you are still in my thoughts.
Have wonderful days and we are off for the day
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 08:06 PM   #34  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

We went to the beach this morning and ran for 40 minutes and I ran the entire time. I felt redeemed since I couldn't run the entire race last weekend. I'm reading Run Fast: How to Train for a 5K or 10K race by Hal Higdon. I've been keeping up with journaling and the weights and adding the "Race Training" will help me to keep up with the daily walking/running.

Suzi ~ happy birthday to your DS! It is amazing how fast the time goes! Hope you had a wonderful family day.

linus/kirsty/sharon ~ I can't believe how cold it is there! brrrrrr! I love snow, but only to look at in a picture. I loved reading about your sexy thermal jammies and slipper sox! Dearest Hubster loves the mountains and I love the beach. He says you can bundle up for the cold, but I claim pulling off clothes is more fun.

shad ~ I admire your staying after the fellas to get the job done right. You definitely have a rare skill! And thanks for once again giving us a new home. I love moving especially a move that doesn't involve boxes or cleaning!

Rose ~ I hope everything gets straightened out with the new girl. If she can adjust to the group she may turn out to be fine - ya never know. If she can't, then adios, muchacha!

Mel ~ I'm so proud of you for taking those steps for MissMelly time. OH LOOK WHAT I JUST CALLED MEL!!! Well, I suppose I should start composing an apology but I'm laughing too hard at myself. I'll have to get back to you on that.

teel ~ I'm so sorry about your hand spasms. I have to be very careful and lift and hold things with two hands. I drop things because I "forget" to hold on. It must be hard to find safe ways to compensate for the spasms in your hands. Please be careful.

holly ~ I read your journal. I understand the social anxiety. I'm a natural introvert, so it is difficult for me to go to a gathering that exists of people I don't know or even large groups. I think you should be very proud of yourself for going and branching out, especially with a book club - congratulations! I'd be interested in your opinion of the books when you finish them. I love to read. I've started reading the large print books since my eyesight is getting puny but our library has a lot of books in large print. The advantage of being in Florida, The Land of the Olde People.

meadow ~ I wear my t-shirts proudly! Now that you mention it, maybe I should start carrying around my trophies and wear my medals around my neck. Modestly, of course. I loved the lake picture! I'll sit on the bank and watch you wind surf.

happy ~ I know you will be ready to get settled in your own home. The temporary housing situation is so exhausting!

gigi ~ I knew exactly what a GRITS is. R 1. Welcome! I love grits, too, but I eat them plain... I didn't know about the butter or gravy thing. It kind of reminds me of when DD was about 13 and she found out her friends put sugar on their cereal. We never did - we had fruit. She was mad at me for a long time.

mooz ~ I gazed lovingly at the chocolate and wine. Thank you! (I don't think I put on more than a couple of pounds with that quick look. )

candle ~ where are you? MY turn to inquire!

Did I miss anybody? Sincere apologies if I did.

Later, Chickies!
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 08:15 PM   #35  

My challenge results:
5 pts for the no cheese , 1 pt for exercise

HMMMMM , I guess I know what I am working on. I did do yoga a few days but that isn't what I am trying to work on.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 09:11 PM   #36  

Can't quickly lay my hands on my picture of Percy. However heres one of a bearded dragon. It's not Percy who runs to around a foot long and has a happier expression. Don't let anyone tell you they all look alike.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:29 PM   #37  
Suzi in Auz

Default redeemed...a little

Shad I love the look of percy...how cool is he. We went to Currumbin wild life Park when we were in the Gold Coast and I was fascinated by these creatures. They are so amazing. How cute that Percy smiles!!!
Ok I'm redeemed. I walked and so that's 1 point for me today. It feels good to get out and know that's done.
I'm not telling you all what we are having for lunch but it is DS birthday so birthdays don't count do they?
Holly...thanks for sharing your heart in your journal. I was thinking of you as I was walking. You are you and special to boot. As y9ou get to know these strangers which i think you are so brave branching out doing...it will get easier. I kinda have this theory that as Mom's it's so easy to lose ourselves for a while in our children and feel as though we have nothing to contribut. You have plenty!
Tig you so deserve to wear those medals. I would have them plastered on me. How cool...wow 10ks...great goal. Well our luch is dinging at me...that means it's ready and I'm still not tellin...lol
cheers for now.
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 05:13 AM   #38  

Actually for my challenge this week, I am having Saturday off. I need to have one day a week that allows me to have a wee treat or a bit of sabotage depending on how one looks at it. That only allows me a maximum of 12 points. I'll have to be on the ball for that. I will dream up some goals tonight and post them tomorrow.

So our challenge results. Well it is going to be hard to beat Linus. I've yet to work out any results from Tig, Roseblush, Teel, Meadow, Happy or Diane. So if you have results then please let me know.

Been darned hot again today. I've been to the gym, done a Body Balance workout and a weight training session. Will need to go back tomorrow to catch up on the treadmill session that was supposed to occur on Friday. Serves me right. Should have done it at the right time then I wouldn't be having this problem.

Okay, I'm off to watch some tennis and a couple of other programs then I will go to bed. Up early tomorrow to do some tiling and plant some new lettuces, tomato, beetroot and a few other plants I picked up yesterday. See you all tomorrow.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:32 AM   #39  
i luv my dog!

Hi everyone, just checking in. Since DH has been away on business the live-in housekeeper (me) has been on strike, hogging the remote control, and spending too much time on the computer!

I really need to attend to some things around the house. At least I have proper food in the pantry and have been behaving! I really want some wine tonight, but I have been letting loose the last two weekends (Paris and Italy) and it showed up on the scale, so I am doing the strict part of south beach for two weeks. Day 4 and the scale is down, even with that monster TOM hanging around.

Since we are dog people around here, does anyone have any tips on keeping the shedding down to a minimum, short of following him around with the vacuum cleaner? Pancho has short, course hair but you'd never know it by the "magic carpet" I find on the floor every other day. It's driving me nuts!!!!!!

Oh yeah, someone asked what kind of dog he is. Mutt. But we think mostly German Short Haired Pointer. He's about knee high, 17 kgs.

Last edited by a broad abroad; 01-22-2005 at 08:40 AM.
a broad abroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 09:06 AM   #40  
I can and I will do it!

I'm here, I'm here and I love our new home. Nearly my entire family has been sick the last few days, we are somewhat better but still not up to par. I haven't done good at all this week on the challenge :mad. I have been eating too much comfort food and no exercise. I hope to get back to normal next week and get serious, you all may have to kick me around a little because the weight is not going down. I wonder why?

I am so far behind on the post that I just want to send everybody .

I will be back in full force soon. Welcome to Gigi, this is one fun place to be.

Miss you all take care of yourselves and have a great week end. I think I will be trying to get better most of the week end, am getting tired of this house need to get out but we have a cold front hitting as we speak with winds 30 mph., so better keep my nose in today.

Last edited by candlelady4; 01-22-2005 at 09:09 AM.
candlelady4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 09:18 AM   #41  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Gigi~ when we had the doberman, the vet said to just keep brushing her. I will admit it did NOT work! LOL Just a lot of tired arms in our house! enjoy the alone time!

Shad~ You happy little green thumb you Probably driving the neighbor man nuts wondering how you do it!! Keeping him up at night! I left the PC on 3FC when I had an emergency, then came home and forgot it was still on! The screensaver was happily playing. Hope Percy is having his fill of insects and ha=s a delightful Summer at Camp Joy!

Linus~ Have you warmed up the creaky bits yet? We are much colder here than other Januarys. Snow in the form of a blizzard is on it's way. I must go to ebay and see if they sell chains for my size tires I was reading your post and HP was playing on MY TV!!! LOL It's been on HBO Demand for a month now so I just keep re-ordering it all day!!! Stay warm and hope the aches and pains are minimal!

Suzi~ Did I say Happy Birthday to the DS?? For some reason I can't remember! LOL Had a laugh at the phone cal from DH's mum!!! I remember my MIL's calls and got a giggle thinking back in time!

Tig~ I might need to go out and get a copy of that book and read it to each of my chairs as a bedtime story.....maybe they will take the hint and KEEP RUNNING!!! 40 minutes is nice!!! How goes the marmalade business. I still think you should start a fruit stand! Melly Time!

Holly~ Good luck this week with the goals. How goes the hormones? They can be pesky things for such little guys.

Gotta run and get to the last sorting......getting wash bagged up. I think I need to hire someone just to catch up! Started my challenge today with cream of wheat. Planning on giving it all I have this week. OK I stalled enough.....the dirty clothes are calling....................
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 09:36 AM   #42  

Ahhhhhhhhh.

Feeling wonderful today.
Took the kids to the diner for supper. I had a grilled chicken salad, no dressing, 1 of DS’s chicken wings, and 4 fries. Rented the kids Brother Bear. They could barley stay awake til 8. Nothing on the tube so I went to bed to read. DH had a nice night out.
Kids slept in til 7! DH slept in til 7:30 ! I slept til 8 and then lounged in bed listening to my angels play rescue heroes. So cute. ( I stepped in the "ocean" when I came down, I told DD i had special flipper feet, she looked at me like I was nuts, LOL)
DH made breaky. I had 1 egg, 1 toast, 1 bacon, 2 coffee. Will have some fruit shortly.
A&P has a great 2 for 1 flyer so I will head there this morning. Shrimp, salad greens..... definitely worth the drive.
DS has hockey at 3.
Today is the first day in months we haven’t had get up and go. We are all quite enjoying it.
It is a balmy -13C today, LOL.

Thank you for sharing your stories and ideas.

Have a glorious day dear chicks!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 11:11 AM   #43  

Default Good Morning Everyone!

Hey Shad you are so busy....yes I do think that Linus is the winner for this week.... it will always be hard to slide by that TIg who is just out there running her legs off......
Iam at the bottom of that list this last week.... but today a new day! Although I do have a good handle on my eating.....
I hope that I get my order in for some plants and flowers I want to try this coming year.... I am going to use the internet to order so I don't want to go overboard til I see the quality.... my calis lily is starting to open and I swear it grows so fast you can see it.... I am so excited.
IT is foggy again today and yesterday we saw the sun for a bit and remembered how beautiful it is.... I had to wait for the elk to get out of the road to get to work yesterday.......
My list of full of projects to get done.... and I slept so hard last night... I took a couple of helpers and I was out.... Hope this finds everyone healthy... we are lucky to be here to get to know one another and remember your chicks around the world are supportive and encouraging you along the way...
Peace,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 02:40 PM   #44  

Default I think the answer is pretty clear

However I will give Meadow a chance to log in and state the case. I'm glad to see most of you have added the challenge to your siggys so I can now put my regular siggy back together. Or maybe find a new one. It hasn't cooled down any overnight here despite a bit of rain. A good storm might do the trick - anyone know where I can pick one up?

Dog hairs? - well now, apart from finding a dog that doesn't shed, no I don't Gigi. I had a Kelpie/German Shepherd and a German Shepherd (can you tell I like big dogs) and I swept those carpets like a demon. Even then you could pull more stuff out of the carpet. Gunbo the shepherd used to drop great lumps of the stuff, every weekend I spent time stripping the double coat to get these clumps out - you could have made a new dog with what I took out of him. Shad the dog, shed badly towards the end of his life, but his fur was much coarser and sat on the top of the carpet. Now we have no carpet - easier to clean, but no dogs either. The cat is making up for the lack of fur tho'.
Right no hanging about here. I'm off to plant that lettuce. Spent some of yesterday digging over the patch they will go in. Looking forward to some baby beetroot in my salads. I guess I better pick up some mulch when I go down to the gym as well.

Seeya around.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:11 PM   #45  
Radiate self!

LOL, fancy you waiting for me :-P I did four days of weights last week and did maybe one or two days of no major sugar downloads, so I am low on the totem pole of accomplishment. I am going to try to get four days of weights both upper and lower challenges in this week, maybe only one set of lunges though

to Linus, way to go chicky!!
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote