Old 07-05-2004, 12:17 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile 21 day challenge #6

This challenge is working for some of us and I want to keep it going!! It started in the Support thread, and I noticed that there were fewer and fewer postings! But, since I've brought it over here, we've been having success and I want to keep it going.

Here is how it works. You choose something that you would like to work on and do it for 21 days. (to make it a habit) Such as drinking 80oz. of water, walk a mile, or what ever else may come to mind. You do a count down. But if you miss a day...you start over to day one. And you can start over many times, but if you're constantly starting over.....well then....I would say maybe you should find something else to work on for 21 days.

Also, during the days you're sick and your body just doesn't feel good, we have what we call a "pause". You pause your efforts until you're feeling better and just continue from what day you stopped.

Simple you say.....believe me,,,,it's not as simple as it sounds...there have been times that I just had to start over.

Anyone want to join me??
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 12:21 PM   #2  

Time for my next challenge!! I thought it over and I decided to drink water this time. (AGAIN!!) I'm going to start out with 40oz. then work my way up to 80oz. or more by the 21st day.

I've been slacking on the amount of water I've been drinking. Nothing like a cup of cofffee in the morning and then drinking lemonade all day long on a hot summer day!!

Anyone else ready to restart their challenge??
Old 07-05-2004, 06:32 PM   #3  
RosieKate

OK - I'm back! I am starting my new challenge tomorrow. I'm going to stay in my calorie range. Yikes...it'll be a good challenge for me. Doing challenges with exercise and journaling were very helpful, so I'm just going to jump right in and do the best I can. I'm hoping to start WW at home pretty soon, so this may change to staying within my points.
Marti - good luck with the water!
RK
Old 07-06-2004, 01:18 AM   #4  

Well this is definately going to be a challenge for me because I didn't do good at all today. I drank one glass of water!!! So I can't even start yet. (I don't think I'm going to drink that 40oz. before bed!! )

Anyway...hopefully I will do MUCH better tomorrow.

Until then.

Marti
Old 07-06-2004, 09:31 PM   #5  

Ok...I either need to re-evaluate what my challenge should be or I need to work harder in getting the water in!! I drank about 20oz. today.....you would think that I could get more water in when it's so hot out!! But I tend to drink more lemonade. Sometime Crystal light and sometimes Countrytime...depends on if James is in the mood for lemonade.

So I can't count this day at all. I don't think I qualify yet. If I don't make progress by tomorrow....I'm figuring out something else.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:04 PM   #6  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Marti- A question. I have heard some people say you can count iced tea or lemonade as your water. Others say it is a no-no. I drink only de-caf and sugar free liquids, so I wonder what the status of those would be. ANy different than drinking water with a lemon?

Thanks...Sue * going to start a new challenge soon*
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 12:33 AM   #7  

I've heard the same thing.....tea is suppose to be good w/o the sugar. And SOME lemonades...I think the crystal lite kind would be better...not as much sugar added.

I usually don't count that as water intake for me. I need to have water and water only. (I do add lemon from time to time) Right now, I've been drinking the country time lemonade.....pink lemonade at that!! And on occassion, a glass of wine..and in the mornings a cup of coffee. Hmmm.....I think I need to work on it more.

I will definately try to do better tomorrow!!
Old 07-07-2004, 09:37 AM   #8  
RosieKate

Day one done!
1450 calories. Much easier to do this when I am at home and can plan better. Today will be a challenge, as I am going to the beach for the day. I will take lots of fruit and a post it note to write things down. Wish me luck.....Marti you may have some company in the starting over area....hope not...going to try real hard

Just a thought - Fitday can track water...and it pulls it out of all the foods and
beverages. I drink alot of coffee and fitday included that in the tracking. I set my goal for somewhere between 3000 and 4000g a day. Maybe someone reading this is better at conversions than I am, but I think that was somewhere around 64 oz.

Another trick I used to do was I made a string of 8 beads and put it up on the fridge. I would move a bead over for every 8 oz cup of water I drank. I don't drink pop or carbonated stuff and I found getting the water in was lot easier when I cut that stuff out. However, I am a coffee addict and I like wine on occasion. I drink coffee black, and I go back and forth about counting it as a liquid, generally I don't. I count wine in with my calories, but not liquids.

Anyway - just another perspective. good luck staying OP today, Marti - I'll check in with you tomorrow
RK
Old 07-07-2004, 02:24 PM   #9  

Decided to go back to exercise...I'm having issues with water. With exercise I get more water in....so I may have them hand in hand!!

I will post more on it later today.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:47 AM   #10  
RosieKate

day 2 - done!
1361 cals. Turns out I was so busy chasing my kids around at the beach, I didn't have time to eat all that much. My ILs are all on the Zone, so there was lots of fresh fruit around - yay!

catch you later
RK
Old 07-08-2004, 01:52 PM   #11  

I'm back! I've been so far out of whack these alst few weeks and it time to get back into action. DAY 1! Water challenge.
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 09:57 AM   #12  
RosieKate

Day 2 done...
1429 calories. Just found out Mom is coming on Saturday,so another gauntlet has been thrown down. Entertaining is an area where I tend to go off any plan I may have in place. However, they are coming here. I have lots of fressh produce around, so if I just focus on the busy-ness of itall and keep lots of vegetables out to snack on,it just may work out...
Welcome back, Scuzin....heyw hen do you have to report back to OSU? What year will you be...your major? You probably already posted all this, but my middle-aged brain has already forgotten.

Hey Marti - hope you had a good water day...

RK
Old 07-09-2004, 01:25 PM   #13  

Hello! Day 2 for me!

Well I'll be heading back to school hopefully this saturday! I'm taking a few summer classes and anxious to move into my new appartment . I'm a double major in English and Theater...Kinda odd for the Cow College in a small town but...I get a kick out of it
Old 07-10-2004, 09:29 AM   #14  
RosieKate

Day 3 done!
I received my WW material yesterday,so my challenge is now to stay OP. I'm supposed to max out at 24 points, but then there are activity and flex points, so I guess if I stay under 30, I'm OP. I have the little calculator to keep me in line
I did pretty well considering we hd another family gathering - this one a birthday party. I had some ice cream cake - but zero chips. Today Mom is coming, but I'm cooking at home, so should be easier.

Scuain - I can see those majors at the Cow College. I think OSU had changed alot over the years - It's not all home ec and ag majors anymore! I had a year long class at UFO as a freshman called American theater. One term was Dramas, next Comedies, the last Musicals. It was so cool... and I received English Lit credit for it. I think English and Theater is a cool combo....

Later
RK
Old 07-10-2004, 12:31 PM   #15  

Day 2 Done! Feels really good to be back in action. I can't wait to see what I will lose this week since its been so long since I've lost anything. My goal is to be under 184 which is my 1/2 way point and also I'll be no longer mathmatically obese. I've gotten very close to it s few times now but gain back 4 or 5 pounds so I've never made it.