General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-12-2004, 04:52 PM   #16  

Hi Cheryl, hey its neat your donating your hair to that. good cause for sure. I keep mine short as not a hair person fixing it and all. ha easier shorter. I am thinking sometimes of letting it grow little bit. then gets in that unhandle stage and off it comes. ha ha Hey keep walking. when i start after i do not do it awhile it takes almost 3 weeks to adjust to a loss. as i always gain at first. muscle weighs more they tell me is why. so hang in there and do what you can. it will help and add up. take your measurements i was losing them and not the wt. so was fun to see at least something was working. i got to get mine taken again now. i do them like every 6 weeks or sooner. it helps / have a good day. LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 11:56 PM   #17  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Just a quick check in to say hi and make my 1600th post. Geeze, I have been at this a very long time! Anyway, Cheryl don't stop walking - keep it up, it will pay off in more ways than a drop on the scale. I heard about Locks of Love on the Today Show recently. What a wonderful thing to be able to do.

I started back to work today. It went fine. I discovered I'd have to work really long hours tomorrow so I came home and did my workout I had planned for tomorrow. My first evening workout ever I think. It went fine. Today was to be rest day, but I feel great knowing that I have not gotten behind w/ my plans. I'm revved and rested now, I really really really want to keep this good thing going.

Later.
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 06:49 AM   #18  

Angry

Good morning,

Cheryl, I agree with both ledom and LaDean for you to stick to your walking. You will eventually lose weight, you will lose size, and most of all you'll feel better. Did you weigh yourself right after your walk? In the past I have weighed myself right after exercising only to see a gain. What a thoughtful thing to do, growing your hair and donating it. It takes a special person to do that.

LaDean, has the weather gotten any better where you are so that you're able to walk outside again? How is Tuffy doing? Lacee says "WOOF"

ledom, kudos for you on getting an evening workout in. I don't know if I would be so dedicated and get a workout in. Monday I started using the Torso Trak again. I had started using it months ago, but pulled something in my stomach area, had to stop using it for a while, and just never got back to it. I am taking it very slow this time around.

Have a great day everyone.
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 08:25 AM   #19  

Aleka, yes weather is great. i have been walking just never last nite. i rode exercise bike yesterday. tuffy is doing ok he loves this. not a rain lover though. but takes it before the snow and ice. ha I am glad you and lacee are fine. tuffy says woof.
I been sticking to my plan pretty good now. trying to get off the darn sugar again. doing ok. have a good day all. LaDean
Old 01-13-2004, 06:47 PM   #20  
Chick

Hey guys, just a quick hello. This is a long old day and the night class I teach starts in about 15 minutes. It is one of my favorites though. Sigh, I have been here since 8 this a.m. and it is almost 6 now. I packed 3 meals today and have eaten them all. Right now my head is just kind of floating around with things I need to do, I need to write some of it down so I remember, but then I just needed a break before that class starts.

Judi, I guess you are on the road now. Hope you are having fun. Grandbaby soon - let us know as soon as you can. Do you know what they are having?

Last edited by ledom; 01-13-2004 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-14-2004, 08:03 AM   #21  

It's 15 below this morning with a windchill of 30 below. Saw on the weather this morning that ontop of Mt. Washington it was 45 below with a windchill or 95 below. They say it's supposed to get even colder Thurs. night into Fri. morning. The only good thing I can say about these temps. is that it's keeping the snow storms away.

judi, my best friend is about to become a grandmother sometime soon. Wouldn't it be great if both your grandchild and her's were born on the same day?

Old 01-14-2004, 08:09 AM   #22  
Chick

Morning Alice, brrrrrrr. Hope you are staying warm! It is to be 63 here today. I'd enjoy some cooler air, but not as cold as yours!
Old 01-14-2004, 10:03 AM   #23  

HI all, have a great day. glad its going good.

Aleka, burrrrrrrrr do not freeze now.. that is really cold do you normally get that cold of weather. our weather has been its strangest this year. having rain this morning. but last 3 days sunny and warm. i do not mind the rain take it over heat or snow and ice. ha yes seems out of bad there is good. like your not getting the snow.. this is my attitude as of yesterday.ha to be joyful each day no matter what think of something good. if i have a bad eating day or meal. just move on and see what i have done not what i did. so with this wish all a good day. ha ha scales are looking downward this morning . now that makes me a happy one.. LaDean
Old 01-14-2004, 11:46 AM   #24  

Whew! Alice!!!! Be very careful if you have to go out for anything while your temps are like they are!

Hey Ledom--hope your class went well last night.

LaDean--know what you mean about the strange weather! You sound like you'd fit right in with us Arkie folks!

Hey Judi! Hope you're enjoying your travel time! We miss you!!!

Cheryl
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 12:12 AM   #25  

Default Its me in California!

I am having a problem getting rid of the sugar habit I acquired at Christmas... I was OK all day until tonight.

It was great to read your posts. I too remember that song..."Those were the Days". Was it Marianne Faithful (or Merilee Rush?) who sang it? I know that it is originally a Russian song (I have it on a CD) and then when the Beattles made their trip to the then USSR, they discovered it and brought it back and gave it to the girl singer who sang it. It is hard to believe that hippie days were more than 3 decades ago...seems like yesterday, eh?

It is so nice to see the sun. After a week or so off work we plan to take the motor home to Death Valley. I want to take some pictures at Zabriski Point and places like that. It is nice to be on the road. Did a big US grocery shop.

Nuttin' much new here ..just wanted to see what you all where up to and say "HI!"

Last edited by judi; 01-15-2004 at 12:15 AM.
judi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 09:34 AM   #26  

Judi, good to see you. I know your all excited about the trip and all. I am so happy your going. i love taking pictures so you will have fun doing that.You will love being a grandma. its the greatest. I have grandaughter 6 and grandson will be 5 valentines day. so i enjoy them so much. I remember when i was a first grandma it was the most thrilling thing ever. so i know your so very excited and all. I am getting off sugar again to. was doing so good before holidays. i blew it also. but just forgetting that and going forward to today and do better. have a greatday.

Cheryl, i was born in Arkansas. moved to Oregon at 5 though. Yes it seems like everyone is getting the unusal weather this year for sure. we are back to our rain now so i am happy about that to. i love walking in it to. If i catch it just right like last nite miss it when walking. ha i rode ex bike 5 miles and a walk yesterday. my scales are really down on this plan. I wait till 8 to take how much as that is when i weigh in on fridays at tops. so always get on them. but just did and down. so i feel so good.

Aleka, Hope its warmed up little bit. know you and lacee are wishing it also. Now its not unusal for it to be cold where your at is it??? or is this colder then it normally gets? I just like it so i can walk. have a good day.

Ledom. hey have a great day to.. hope your plan is going ok. i think i am finally on a roll again with mine. hope its warmer there also. i am ready for spring i know. the garden and all the fresh yummy tomatoes and cucks and all. can almost taste them. ha

I WISH ALL OF YOU A GREAT DAY. LaDean
Old 01-15-2004, 09:42 AM   #27  
Chick

Hi LaDean, I'm an Arkie too. Small world, huh? Yes, my plan is going very well now that I am sticking to it. I am losing my Christmas pudginess and for that I am so thankful. I am working hard to keep everything done this week, it has been so busy. LaDean, you are so upbeat, it is very refreshing.

judi, good to hear from you. I am glad you are enjoying yourself and got your shopping taken care of.

morning Alice, and Cheryl. Hope you are staying warm Alice.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:53 AM   #28  

Angry

Good morning everyone,

It's frigid again, but it's a bit warmer than yesterday, 8 below instead of 15 below. The temp is supposed to drop even more during the day today. On the news this morning they showed a boat going through Boston harbor breaking up the ice, which I don't ever remember seeing in my lifetime. The weathermen have been saying that this is the coldest it's ever been in half a century. We normally get cold weather, but not like this. They said this morning that overnight tonight Mt. Washington, which has the worse weather imaginable, will probably break a record. Hopefully when this passes by the weekend, or so they say, we won't be this cold again. Glad to see that everyone else is warmer.

LaDean, glad that you scales are starting to go downward. Lacee & I don't like this weather. She sits in my lap whenever I'm watching TV, at night she sleeps right up against me, so we do keep each other warm.

judi, the sugar cravings will become less and less as time goes by. I am at the point where I don't even want it, and when I do have it I get awful heartburn. Glad you're enjoying your trip. Right now Death Valley sounds so inviting.

ledom, hope you had a good day at work even though it was a long day for you.

Cheryl, it was good hearing from you. Hope everything is going well for you.

Old 01-15-2004, 01:25 PM   #29  

Default Goodmorning!

You girls are doing so good with your plans you make me ashamed. I will give it my best shot today though. I have already been out for a walk with Marley and saw the most beautiful sunrise. We are in desert hills (high chaparrel, I think it is called.) Lots of interesting birds to observe, quite diff. than home.

I went looking at baby clothes...the D. says they have already enough in 0-3 month size so I should hold off until it is about 6 months.

I hope you are right about the sugar Alice. I know now if I eat even the smallest amount of fat I get the worst indigestion. That has cured me of pizza anyway. If I can do the same with sugar....I know when I was doing MT I was off of it. Well, I still am off of coffee...I never thought I could do that.

I feel sorry (not really) for my cat, he is sitting here on the table watching the birds outside. He wants to go out and wreck carnage amongst them...sorry kitty, you are an inside cat.

How is going with your treadmill Ledom?

Here is a delish. dressing recipe that I use all the time, it is 3 points per T. Not really low, but worth it.

1/2 cup nutritional yeast (not to be confused with baking yeast) It is found at health stores
1/3 c. soy sauce
1/3 c. apple cider vinegar
1/3 c.water
1 1/2 cups light oil (not olive) I use grapeseed oil.

-Blend in blender . Everyone who tries it likes it. (I cut an iceberg lettuce into 4 wedges and pour some of this over a wedge and eat a wedge at each meal)

Have a good day everyone!
judi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 03:39 PM   #30  

Aleka, thanks so much. I am a happy one for sure. glad its warmed up some there. i know you must be freezing. feel for you when i am laying in floor with tuffy and the wood heat. he loves it. Hope your having a good day. just have something warm. My d got me all flavored hot chocolate in my stocking. so had a cup. was just right weather new years for it. i was glad i had it. this plan is working for me. do not seem to be hungry, have a good day

Judi, yes when i got off sugar i felt so good and i never even craved it. you will do good. i am getting off it after holidays. so feel weak now as i had so much. but better. its just the smytoms i have getting off it. not as bad as when i first went off it. i first lefted the chips alone as salt and got high blood pressure. then figured hey licked that so go for the sugar. so then went on the Prism Plan. and it all went ok.

Cheryl, hey its so fun buying all those baby things. i loved it . i do not get so many things for them now. they are growing so cannot keep up with size. they did get new pjs from me for christmas with a movie . they loved them. Just enjoy and let us know just as soon as she has the baby. all excited and waiting i know you are. Your walk sounds so nice. i just see houses and cars.ha

Ledom. glad all is going good your way. have a good day.