Weight Loss Support - Christian Encouragers #170

View Full Version : Christian Encouragers #170

Zoe
05-29-2003, 07:55 PM
Welcome to a wonderful group of Christians who encourage each other each and every day. If you need a friend or some encouragment for your diet plan, you have come to the right place.

Zoe
05-29-2003, 07:58 PM
Good Evening Friends :wave:

Well, tomorrow is our 2nd walk-thru so it looks like the closing will be Monday or Tuesday. I am really getting excited now but wow, there is so much to do.....not counting the packing.....there's the electric, water, gas, cable, DISH, phone......:yikes:

Greg is playing golf tonight so I am going to run and take advantage of the time and pack some more....

have a wonderful Friday tomorrow.....

In Christ,
Me <><

sami
05-30-2003, 01:43 AM
Blessing to all!
Sorry it has been awhile again. I stopped one of my meds that was making me CRAVE SUGAR and it also made me have bad dreams. But the side effect of going off the meds was PAIN. I was so bad after 1 week that I ended up back in the DR. office and I am on a new one. I am starting to feel better but the side effect of this drug in I feel sick at the smell of food (reminds me of the morning sickness days) I am looking at the bright side of things maybe I will lose weight! My dear Son Graduated!!!!! I am so happy! I am glad everyone is doing well and Zoe I am so happy for you!!!!!! Wilma I have been making big changes in my eating. Ez I have had some problems doing the work out the Dr. gave me But I am going to work on it. And maybe start walking this week end. I have such bad back pain and I have found that I have bad pressure point in my back that it is hard to lay on my back. Well it is late and I just wanted to say Hi. And Michele Take time to make your life better and think about how you want the guys to treat you and respond according.
Prayers with all of you,
Sami

wilma12
05-30-2003, 09:42 AM
It has been pouring rain all night. Hopefully that means the weekend will be beautiful. I have to work Saturday morning. We do an event for the kids who have accounts with us. There's pony rides, cotton candy, face painting, etc. It should be fun!

Oldest DS is into his 3rd week of his job and is happy to have work. Younger DS has a line on a job and hopefully will find out in the next few days. He's getting bored and is laying around the house too much. He has no friends in the city which doesn't help much. Our new church has a college and career group and they've been invited to that so hopefully they'll make friends there.

Well, gotta go to work. Have a super day!

Mitchypoo
05-30-2003, 10:20 AM
Hello CEers :wave:

Patti~looking forward to hearing about your new house, how fun! Maybe stressful too, so try to take care of you. Maybe while you are making all the phone calls to set up utilities, you can make an appointment for a massage or spa treatment for you! :)

Sami~hope you do better on the new meds. Those side effects are horrible but the pain is probably worse.

I have been making smaller goals for myself and feeling a little better about things. Last night I got back on track with my checkbook and it's online now and i can see my bills and try to budget more. That was a big accomplishment for me. Today I have lots of small errands to run and have work at noon.

I spoke to Mr.Friday and I told him about what my mother said and I apologized and he was really great about it. He was happy I called and we're talking again. It was humbling and I feel that I did the right thing. Thank you for all your words. Don't worry it wasn't something about how he treated me, it wasn't personal. He apologized too for what he said, knew it wasn't right. He impressed me with how he handled it. I'm glad we discussed it and it showed me that maybe we can get through some things. There is maybe some truth in it that I got scared when we hit a bump in the road because I like him so much. But I'm willing to give it a chance.

Have a great day!

Oh, I need some coffee ~o) !

Zoe
05-31-2003, 08:36 AM
Good Saturday Morning my fellow CE-er's

As usual, I wanted to sleep later today and I'm up and wide awake. This happens to me EVERY Saturday. After being up early all week, I want to try and sleep a little later on Saturday morning but nooooooooo...............I wake up ready to get going at such an early hour. I suppose it's a mental thing, huh? :lol:

We had our 2nd and FINAL walk through yesterday so the closing is going to be as fast as they can get all the paperwork together. I'm thinking Tuesday. Monday will be too short of a notice since they have to give me the $$ figures for my checks. UGH! I feel broke already....Ha! But I am so excited now and ready to move. So is my son Chris since he's going to move into our old house here. He and his girlfriend and anxious for her 3 yr old son to have a backyard.

Sami ~ Hang in there girl. I'm praying that you can adjust all your meds and feel great.

Michelle ~ I laughed about your checkbook. That's why I have 2 checking accounts......I can leave one alone for a month so I know it's right. :lol:

Wilma ~ Wow, pony rides, cotton candy, face painting....I want to be there. :) Have fun.

Hi to everyone......have a great Saturday....we will be shopping for a pool company.

In Christ,
Patti and Zoe <><

doitforme
05-31-2003, 09:15 AM
I got caught up on all the news, sorry I haven't been around Camping was fun and the weekend (last) wasn't bad at all, alot of the rain stayed away which was good. An older gentleman from my church tried to committ suicide. He suffers from the effects of a stroke that took place 12 years ago. His name is Bob. He has been unable to sleep nights for several weeks, has bowel/bladder issues. He has long term memory losss. He is really depressed. I think he lives under the law, and not under grace which only adds to depression, when you can't be good enough. He really could use prayer. He is in mhu. He had to wait for a referral to psych for his insurance to cover. But since he took an overdose of blood thinners and slit his wrist. He got right in, go figure. Sad isn't it.
Zoe- I am excited for you, that sounds like lots of fun, and decorating will definitely be, enjoy.
Mitchy- Hope all goes well with Mr. Friday, if its ment to be it will.
Wilma- your chicken stroganoff recipe sounds yummy got to try it, thanks. Your event sounds like lots of fun, the kids will enjoy it I am sure.
Sami- pray you are soon on the mend, and feeling better!!!!

doitforme
05-31-2003, 09:19 AM
E.Z.- Did you hear there was an armed holdup in the Albany N.Y. area- they robbed the truck delivering my tacos, they must be good! ha ha ha
Mrs. Hummer- where are you and how are those babies, pray all is well with everyone that is M.I.A. busy summer, and it will go quickly. Take care. Sue

EZMONEY
05-31-2003, 11:37 AM
HAPPY WEEK-END CE'rs :)

I am waiting for my daughter to come-- we are going to church this morning for a ?retreat? We have tried to get together at a place outside of church for a few years for fellowship but we haven't been able to come up with a location-- so we are having it at church. The principal of our school's son is speaking-- great guy and pastor.
Went to a party with my wife last night for teachers from her school that are retiring-- it was really fun-- then we went to Baja Fresh in town for a fundraiser for the high school cross country team my son coaches-- this was all after a busy day at work and a teeth cleaning-- no time for exercise yesterday. I will have to get it in after I get back from the retreat and before I go back for service tonight-- going to church tonight because my brother and I are working Sunday.

doitforme-- Hey I have no control over the tacos and sun once it leaves state lines:lol: I am glad to hear the weather wasn't too bad for your camping-- it seems to have calmed down everywhere for a few days now. That is really sad for your older member--it is just so unfortunate that we all don't have someone to take care of us when we get older-- and the cost!! I live around alot of folks over 70, what struggles they have-- they are always telling me how they wish they were young like me again (49):lol: Just 2 days ago my next door neighbor fell and maybe broke her shoulder and hip-- her daughter and sil live with her now but they are in their 70's-- she is 98 I think. Have a great week.

ZOE WOW!! a new house coming soon-- how exciting! I have been in mine now since '79 and as much as I would like a new one- I just as much want to stay here! I know what you mean about sleeping in-- just doesn't happen at our age-- I just look at it like it gives me more time to read the paper or post with you guys-- of course I should be out running now with my wife on her 3.5 mile run-- I am giving her some ALONE time:lol: Good luck with the new place.

MICHELE I hope you and the new guy had a great time! Where are those grad pictures?I like Zoe's idea on the checkbook-- works for me! Actually my wife and I have our own checkbooks-- we each pay different bills that way it isn't too much work for either one-- it isn't a my money/her money thing-- our names are on each account and we each have access to either account-- just some bills come out of one or the other-- the "we have to pay bills" vs. the extra money bills stuff. Take it easy on those boys-- remember we are not too smart:D

SAMI You just keep going forward dear no matter what happens! Keep changing medicine until they get it right-- do the best you can on the exercises and eating-- IN TIME there will be results. Hope the boy had a great graduation-- did you ever get a party date? How are those DD's treating you and each other? Glad to see you posting.

WILMA Wish I was with you at your event, I love those things. Here in California every city around us has a street fair in the spring or summer-- not sure if they have them where you are. Anyway the town next to us has the biggest in the state-- over 100,000 people come to it twice a year-- really cool-- the others are not as big but some are close-- after a few though it is the same ol crafts and stuff-- still fun. My daughter has been lokking for work too for the last 2 weeks-- she could go back to the diner she worked at last year but would rather not as they give her the late night shifts because she is just for the summer help. She has gotten a few call backs to coach at tennis camps but the ones that have called so far are for just week-end or 2 day'ers. She is still trying (and taking the ones that come in). I have a great feeling that you are still doing great on the walks, exercise and eating-- as I sadi before-- get those boys pushing you!! Just for the rest of the summer-- YOU WILL BE SO HAPPY in the fall with your success!!

Well gotta get ready for the retreat--

IN HIS LOVE- Gary

Mitchypoo
05-31-2003, 01:04 PM
Hello CEers :wave:,

Hope you had a nice time at church today. You've been a busy bee lately! :)

I may see Mr.Friday tonight, kind of a spur of the moment thing, he may be helping w/sound for another band at the place i met him at last week. I'd love to see him and the drive isn't too bad for me. We're talking and getting along well. Although he's worrying me, having blood sugar problems and BP is high. He called me this a.m. and told me he felt better but woke up with a headache. I didn't tell him, but that's a symptom of problems with diabetes and high BP. He's trying to take better care of himself, but he has a bad family history of heart problems. He says he's cutting down on the reg. soda from 3 a day to 2 :nono: I want to tell him but then i don't want to be like his mom either. :drill: He asks me about certain things, and he's trying, so i offer what i can. (Like I know or take such good care of myself! )

wilma12
05-31-2003, 06:28 PM
My morning at work went great. It was a lot of fun painting on kids faces. It was also a great time to be in a fun atmosphere with my co-workers. I got home shortly after noon, had lunch and took an allergy pill. It knocked me out for about an hour. Now I'm getting ready to barbeque chicken for supper. I have it marinating in a teriyaki marinade. I also slice potatoes and onions and put them in foil pockets on the barbeque.

Tonight we go to have coffee at some people we met in our new church. Looking forward to it.

Tomorrow after church will be a relaxing afternoon and hopefully a long walk.

Talk to you more then!

EZMONEY
05-31-2003, 08:24 PM
HELLO :dizzy:

Just killing time before I head back to church tonight. We are taking a friend that is finally coming after 20 years-- yes that is right! 20 years of invitations. I hope all is comfortable for him-- that is one of the reasons we are going tonight, besides I have to work tomorrow, less people- so maybe he will be more comfortable.
Our "retreat" at church today went well. It was on sharing the message of Christ in simple, personal ways-- not through facts and damnation agenda. I think the best part of the day was that the focus was on the "people" and not the church in sharing the message.

Well I am having leftover spinach lasagna tonight but I wanted to leave a recipe we had last week that was awesome and easy--

TRI-TIP-- 3 tbsp Tequila, 2 tbsp sesame oil, 2 tbsp dijon, 2 garlic cloves minced, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper--- mix in a bag with tri-tip, place in fridge for at least 3 hours then BBQ on grill-- easy and awesome flavor.

Have a great worship-- Gary

sami
06-01-2003, 10:18 AM
Hello!
I am doing much better these days. I have found the worst side effects so far of my new meds are being nauseous and having no appetite! I can tell I have lost some weight but I am going to wait until next sunday to WI. DS did has graduated! But my DD still has not found a job. Please pray for her to have a job soon!!!! And please Pray for my other DD I am worried that the one friend of her is bad news. Her friend Gina came to my house after school then my DD and friend of thiers left to take Gina home and while they were gone Gina's mom called. She was worried and didn't know where her DD was and that Gina was grounded and was not alloud to be out with her friends. Gina has told all the kids how her mom calls her names and treats her bad. She is the girl who cut her wrist and her parents put her in treatment and have her in counseling. I guess she was bragging in front for my oldest DD that she does what she wants if her parents tell her she can't do something she does it anyway and my oldest DD told her that she wouldn't get away with that here because Mom would make sure you wouldn't leave. I grounded my DD for bringing Gina over when she knew that Gina was grounded and that she was not being a good friend helping Gina do wrong. Please Pray for this troubled girl.
Zoe-Do you have a closing date yet?
EZ-I think it is neat to hear how close you are with your children. You must have done something right!
Wilma-I am praying for your DS and his job. It is painful to see your children wait.
Sherry-where are you?
Mitchypoo-I hope things go well with mr Friday!
doitforme-I hope we hear from you soon but in the mean time enjoy your summmer camping! All that roughing it has to help with the Weight loss!
My prayers are with you all,
Sami

wilma12
06-02-2003, 09:47 AM
It's a new start to a brand new week. I change responsibilities at work today. I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully the changes will help my stress load there. I admit I put most of the stress on myself and that's a negative. I need to give my frustrations over to the Lord instead of dwelling on them.

I had a wonderful relaxing weekend. After church we went my aunt and uncles for lunch and a nice visit. Then DH and I went for soft ice cream and a long walk through a quaint neighbourhood. The weather was perfect.

I'm still struggling with my eating and getting those walks in. I need a swift kick out the door. :lol:

Sami: You are in my prayers daily. You DD's friend really sounds troubled. Keep posting. I miss you when you're not here.

Gary: How did church go with your friend? I pray it intrigued him more so that he'll want to go again.

Well, I better go prepare for my day. Have a great one!

EZMONEY
06-02-2003, 09:38 PM
HI ALL--

Quickly- as I am making dinner- store roasted chicken, pinto beans, cheese, onion, tomato and lettuce, cilantro, sour cream, salsa on tortillas-- EASY-EASY! :)

SAMI - So glad to hear you are better and the son graduated!! Sorry for your daughter's friend and the troubles. You did the right thing with your DD on the grounding! You have to keep a tight rein on some kids to convince them who's boss. As I hug my kids I tell them I'll kill 'em if they mess up :lol: When they were little they believed me-- now they just know better. I hope the DD gets a great job soon. Keep up the best you can with your health.

WILMA- Boy it sure sounds like you had a great week-end-- the eating and exercise sounds like it is going fairly well too which is what we are looking for. My friend ended not coming to service Saturday night because of a hard day Sat.-- but Sunday he worked with us and said he would for sure make it next week, we shall see-- and of course pray.

Well the beans are overheating as I write!

Later everyone-- Love Gary

Gutchie
06-02-2003, 11:22 PM
I know, " where have I been"?
Right here, on the farm everyone.
The baby goats ( Will & Grace) should be weened but they aren't. You talk about little human's getting hooked on the bottle, these babies are a challenge. The mom (Spunky) equally as stubborn trying to get her dried up. Our Lord's intention was for this to be easy, its not with this first parenting attempt. This pet family of mine has kept me busy. ( These goats all think they are my children).

We're enjoying our new Church. The congregation is friendly, and they are active. We're not used to pot lucks at the building, coffee and chats, all new to us. We feel welcome but it is different.

I'm getting caught up on all "your" busy lives. Hugs to you all.
My weight loss, isn't:( but I've started walking a mile a day or further at least 3-5 days a week. Exercise isn't easy for me, not something I enjoy. I've decided it is my time to talk with "God", so I depart complete with arm weights, new walking shoes, and Prayers with our Saviour being recited. Before I know it, the walk is complete and I'm back in our laneway. I'll never love exercise but this is a nice quiet time with God.

The school year is nearly over here in Ontario Canada, my DS is so ancious for beach time at our Lake Erie cottage. We're getting way too much rain right now, the temperature staying too low, but visions of summer are dancing in our heads:cool:

God Bless each of you, keep on posting, I enjoy reading of your lives.

Sister Joanne

Mitchypoo
06-03-2003, 09:46 AM
Good morning! :wave:

A quick prayer request. Mr.Friday had another episode at work, thought he was having a stroke and his boss made him go to the Dr. He has high BP and low blood sugar although they don't think he had a stroke or has diabetes. They gave him BP meds and told him to quit the sugar and to eat a big breakfast. He told the Dr. he wants to quit smoking too, but the Dr. said, try watching this first. He's wanting to change things to live a longer life but i know he's kind of scared about this happening. He says he has too many good things happening in his life and wants to pursue where God is leading him. Please pray for his health and his struggle to change.

Also, I have a meeting with a friend of my mom's on Wednesday evening about working with her in her insurance office. This could be a great opportunity and at the least, get me out of the gym! Please pray it works out well.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

wilma12
06-03-2003, 09:51 AM
Gutchie: It is so good to hear from you and to hear that you're doing well. Walking a mile a day is good. I've been struggling to do even that!! Last night I walked around our new neighbourhood and really enjoyed it. I do need to map out a route that I know how far I'm walking. Keep in touch with us!

Gary: Dinner last night at your place sounded yummy. I came home and had a couple of hot dogs.:p I know I need to be more prepared. Tonight it'll be lasagna that you just heat up. Not knowing who's going to be home for dinner makes it hard to be ready too. I know that preparation is the key.

My first day at the new position at work was really hectic. I think I'll like it though. I do have to work more with a person who is challenging to work with and I know I'll have to bite my tongue more than once. I think God puts these people in our lives to make us more tolerant and to teach (especially me) more patience.

Have a wonderful day!

sami
06-03-2003, 08:26 PM
Yeah I am back on! I changed my Email and then I updated my Info and it would't let me post! Gutchie I am glad you came back We were worried about you. How is the swelling doing?
EZ-I finally feel I am on track!!! I am starting to see little changes so I can't wait until sunday to see how much I have lost. My kids say the same thing about me. If they do anything wrong they know I punish them!
Wilma-I am glad you like your new job. I know what you mean about biting your tongue. I have worked with many people like that and I am still with the Company and they are not!
Mitchypoo-Will pray that your Friday guy is feeling better. I think low blood sugars are worse than high because you feel like your on a rollercoaster ok one min and the next all shakey.

Prayers to all,
sami

EZMONEY
06-03-2003, 08:49 PM
HI LOOOOOSERS :dizzy:

Just finished working in my room-- got it all taped and coated so it is ready to texture when it dries. It is a 17 by 10 room that goes from 4 ft. high to 11.5 ft. high-- plus I put in alot of shelves and soffits to cover duct work.

Going to my last Board of Christian Life meeting tonight for this 2 year term-- I have been on for 2 years 5 times I think. I am taking a year off of boards and going to try and come up with some new ideas to "INVITE" people to church in a comfortable way. The ticket is just to be loving and yourself-- that is the best way to share the Gospel-- what I am looking for is a way to make the visitors feel welcome right off the bat-- and that we know they are visiting-- they don't always sign the guest book.

SAMI WOW!! 2 posts this week :) I am so glad to hear of progress from you again-- take it through the summer with Wilma and I okie-dokie?! Try to exercise everyday-- and do what you can physically no matter how little. You must be a mean mom :lol: I tell my kids I got an A+ in mean dad school :D To be honest I have had very little trouble with my kids over the years-- quite a statement for them!!

WILMA- I am happy to hear the new position went well for the first day:) And that you are learning the neighborhood. I got my wife a new pedometer for Mother's Day-- she had one but this one plays a tune and it tells you how far you have gone by voice-- and play little music jingles- not like a radio but something to take your mind off the silence-- if you don't want to hear? silence.
Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MICHELE Sorry to hear of your guy Friday's troubles-- he will be in my prayers. What do you mean you would rather work in an insurance place than a gym:) I hope you find the right job for you.

Welcome back Joanne- glad to hear all is well.

Well going to my meeting- IN HIS PEACE, Gary

Zoe
06-04-2003, 09:13 AM
Good Morning my fellow CE-er's ~

Just a quick note.....I know I've been MIA but we closed on the house yesterday so we took the whole day off. A million and one things to be done plus some shopping. :D :D I was BEAT by the end of the day. We left the house at 8am and didn't get back again until about 8pm. Whew! But it's all over except for the moving. I suppose that will keep me busier than these previous weeks.....but I will keep checking in and as soon as we're moved (should be Father's Day weekend, that Friday and Saturday), I'll be back to normal.

I'm attaching a photo of the finished product. Have a blessed rest of your week.

In Christ,
Me <><

Mitchypoo
06-04-2003, 09:42 AM
Hello CEers! :wave:,

Patti~What a beautiful house! How exciting for you. Can't wait to hear about all the details. But do try to take care of yourself too during this busy time.

God answered prayer yesterday for me in the form of some unexpected money that came in. He works even when you don't ask too!

Mr.Friday is still not feeling great but taking his meds and still getting to work. I'm still concerned but I think he's just adjusting to the meds. I may get to see him this weekend or next!

Still struggling food-wise, and i've had intentions all week of getting up for a half hour walk, but I can't get out of bed. Too tired..... I know, if I exercised i'd have more energy.....

Have a meeting tonight about a new job, p/t to f/t, not sure, but I think it'll be another answer to prayer.

Have a great day!

I've been trying to send a grad pic but they are too big? Still working on it.

wilma12
06-04-2003, 09:54 AM
I had a terrible WOE yesterday. There was junk food everywhere and I had to have some. On a positive note I am still doing the exercises so I hope that counteracted some of the damage. When I go shopping this week I'm going to spend more time in the produce section and try some new things.

Youngest DS finally got his job offer. He's going to be working at a golf course. He's really excited about it. The pro there told him that his attitude was great and they wanted someone like him to work for them. Am I proud of him or what!!! He'll be working the driving range and then later on he'll be helping the pros with teaching golf lessons to kids.

Zoe: your house is incredible. I hope the move is going smoothly for you. Enjoy it!!

Michele: Let's make sure we both get those walks in. This is where I'm struggling too. If I walk in the evening I don't eat.

Have a great day!

doitforme
06-04-2003, 11:26 AM
I got all caught up again, time just seems to fly by. I worked the weekend, and I was busy went to nieces play ect. Then, all of a sudden a week has gone by... Glad to here from you gutchie, keep in touch and let us know how those babies are doing. We have had tons of rain, but is suppose to be a beautiful weekend, so you know where I'll be. Sami- sorryt o here about the girl, will keep her in my prayers, you sounded much more up beat in your last post,pray all is well with you. Gary- busy busy busywill pray your friend makes it to church with you this weekend, it is so easy coming up with excuses. wilma keep up the good work, you go girl. Zoe- beautiful house, have fun decorating! Mitchy- pray all is well with mr friday, and you get the job that best suits you. Mrs Hummer where are you, and all the others, come back and let us know how your doing. Well gotta run, talk soon. Sue

sami
06-05-2003, 07:38 AM
Goodmorning! I am up bright and early and I have even worked out already!!!! This is two days in a row!!!! I have started with some easy stretching and I am going to work my way up. I wanted to walk but until I loosen up the muscles along my lower spine It is hard. I had my frist coment made yesterday some girl ask me if I had met a new man and if that was why I was looking so good!!!!! (she didn't know I was married) I have done wonderful with my eating and I know that is why I am feeling so much better. And we have been so blessed here this week my DD got the job she really wanted and my DS got on at FED EX. And we just found out with this new tax law we will get just enough money back to pay off one of our bills!!!! I have been doing a lot of THANK YOU LORD!
Sue-We have missed you! Here in Indy we had to turn our heat back on because of the chill! Post when you can.
EZ-Thank you for all your encouragement over the last few months I know that I am going to look good for that wedding!!!
Wilma-How is your walking going? I am so happy for your DS this has been a good week for both of our children!
Zoe-Your new house is beautiful! The new few week will give you a real work out moving all that stuff! Post when you can.
Mitchypoo-How is friday guy doing? And how is the job hunting going?

wilma12
06-05-2003, 09:46 AM
It's a rainy day here in Winnipeg. At least it'll help my garden grow. My lettuce and spinach are poking through the soil so it won't be long. I'm looking forward to it.

I didn't get a walk in last night. Dh and I went grocery shopping instead and then went for a drive. I have been doing my weight exercises faithfully every morning and although it'll be a while before I feel the physical results I already feel the phsycological ones. Now I just need to get my 1 mile in every day and get my dinner menus in check.

Sami: It's so great to hear from you and that things have been going great. Isn't it a relief that the kids have jobs? Mine is really pumped about getting to work and at a job he loves. God does care about us but does things in HIS timing not ours.

Sue: Good to hear from you. Keep in touch when you can!!

Michele: DId you walk last night? I plan to do 1 mile tonight after Amazing Race!!

Have a great day!!!

Mitchypoo
06-05-2003, 11:36 AM
Wilma~Um, no..........i didn't walk last night. I should have, but i had a business meeting instead and had a fish taco! I came home and cleaned for 2 hours straight, does that count? I have a friend of my mother that has a very successful insurance and real estate company and i have a wonderful opportunity w/her to work as an ins. agent. I'm really excited about this. I truly think it's an answer to prayer. I need to make a call and hopefully I can go take their profile test tomorrow and then when/if i pass that, the ball w/roll. It's kind of scary, this would be something totally new, but I feel led to pursue this opportunity.

Mitchypoo
06-06-2003, 09:41 AM
Things are happening quickly but I'm leaving in a few minutes to meet with the representative and hopefully take the profile test and we'll see what happens from there! It's exciting to think of having a whole new career and this could be just what i've been looking for. I truly feel myself being led to do this. To pursue it and it's working out well. I'm in my interview suit :) and I'm almos ready to go. It's rainy here today but that's OK.

Where are all of you? Have a great day!

wilma12
06-06-2003, 09:45 AM
Way to go Michele! I'll be praying for you. Yes, I think house work counts as exercise. I didn't walk much yesterday. It was my long day at work. I did my exercises this morning though and find I have more energy for the day when I do them. Let's try to get that walk in tonight, okay??:)

I guess everyone else is out there walking. Have a great day!!

doitforme
06-06-2003, 11:11 AM
Just checking in before I head camping- off the weekend, My niece's formal dinner is tonight she is so excited. She goes to a Christian School and instead of a prom they go to a formal dinner as a class each year through high school. sami glad to here things worked out with the jobs way to go on eating and exercising. you even sound like you feel better. Mitchy- pray all went well with the test, and you land the new job. wilma- congrats to you also with all the exercising, I will check back next week, every one have a great weekend, hi to all mia's as well. see ya!

EZMONEY
06-06-2003, 11:30 AM
HAPPY FRIDAY LADIES :cp:

Sorry I haven't been here the last couple of days-- really busy with things going on here. Been working on my room after work and yesterday I spent 2.5 hours at the dentist for work on my mouth for a bridge.

SAMI WOW!! What an improvement in attitude! I am really proud of you!! We all are-- you are gonna be the hit of the wedding (after your DD of course!)Sounds like the boy has a good job too- I have a friend that works for Fed Ex and he really likes it there. Just keep up doing the best you can on the eating and exercise-- small gains now will really make a big improvement in the months ahead-- look for the end of summer to evaluate your results! My wife has really been doing great on her 3.5 mile runs and weights and it is really starting to show--point I am trying to make-- it has taken 3 months of doing it every day that she possibly can-- my wife does not have a weight problem however she can really tell the difference of how she feels when she works out or not. Her muscle tone is really looking great now. I wish I had her drive!!

ZOE-- Great looking house! What is your square feet? It looks huge-- Take time to eat right during the moving-- YEA RIGHT:D

doitforme Are you going camping this week-end? I hope the weather gets better for you guys out east-- the spring never did spring here either! Hope the job is going well with the new help.

MICHELE Have a great time on the NEW job! You will get it for sure-- how in the heck could they turn you down!!

WILMA I am so proud of you! Even when you don't do well one day you keep coming back!! That is the ticket- never give up!! Just keep on keepi' on! It is a lifestyle change for the better!

Well my brother is here-- heading off to work- Later -IN CHRIST
Gary

sami
06-06-2003, 04:07 PM
Hello How is things going! I pray that everyone is having a great day. I am still going strong and I am feeling so much better!!!! Today I have a little set back because my back hurts but I am still going to do a mild mybe upper body work out!
EZ-My dear husband has a bridge he got after jumping on bunk beds as a kid it is his 4 front teeth. One day we went out to eat at a really fancy place and on his first bite of food he broke his bridge and his teeth fell out! It is funny now but at the time I almost died! Is your room done yet?
Michypoo-I am praying that you get the job. I know how tough the job market is now after what my DD went through. Keep us posted!
Wilma-Yeah!! I am so happy for your son. And you are so right The Lord answers prayers in his time. I might try a small walk this weekend and see how my legs do. I think just sticking to my diet has made me feel so much better.

This group has made me feel so much better when I feel like giving up you lift me up! And when I read how you keep on going even when you mess up It encourages me to keep going. I want to THANK YOU. "I thank GOD when I think of you"

Mitchypoo
06-06-2003, 04:34 PM
Hello CE'ers,

Well, I didn't pass the profile. There are no right or wrong answers they say but it asked questions like have you been on unemployment? how many times, how many fulltime jobs have you had in 5 years, how comfortable are you with sales?, and then questions like, in the 1st year of sales an average person makes this much, how much do you think you;ll make? How about in 3 years? Well i answered everything honestly and i do not have a strong background in sales although I feel I could. Perhaps i'm not agressive enough. He told me before taking it that 60% of the people do not pass and that it isn't something about me personally, maybe that I'm not ready for this type of position....:( But I am very disappointed about it. I'm trying not to take it personally but having some trouble with that just now.... I could still work in her office and be an agent, but I wouldn't be an agent for that particular company. I truly felt I was being led into something, so it must have been true, even for this answer to be no. :?:

I'm at the gym, i'm trying to not feel bad, but i do. And now the gym is only giving me Sat hours, 4 hrs. a week? Geez, i'm so unhappy here.

Sorry to be such a downer..

wilma12
06-06-2003, 11:12 PM
I am praying for you. God has the perfect job out there for you. PLease do not be discouraged. {{{{{HHUUGGSS}}}}}

sami
06-07-2003, 09:34 AM
Michele I know you are disappointed and I just want to give you a big [[[[HUG]]]] I know that God has something better out there for you. Maybe if you take the agent job it will train you for the bigger step? Read Romans 8:18 it will help you through the disappointment.
We are here for you Michele!

sami
06-08-2003, 09:58 AM
Blessing this morning. I just did my WI and guess how much I have lost??????????? 16lbs!!!!!!!!! I am so happy that I could scream!!!!!
EZ-I even worked out twice yesterday! I did stretches in the morning to stretch out my back and in the evening I was able to do more. I can't tell you how much better I am feeling.
I pray you have an OP day!

wilma12
06-08-2003, 11:23 AM
:bravo: :cb: :balloons: Sami: Way to go! I am so proud of you. Keep up the great work. YAHOOOO!

I had a talk with my DH last night. I was thinking about joining Curves but know that we can't afford it. He said that I was doing the right things at home so why go. I told him I don't get enough support at home. He told me that I only want to walk on my schedule and not when he wants to go. I didn't realize that I was being that self centered. SO... last night we went walking after 9:00. I don't feel comfortable going alone at that time but we had a really nice walk. He has really long legs and I had quite a work out by the time we were done. Just knowing that he cares is helping me get going again.

Today we are going out to visit my parents. Its a bit of a drive but it's a nice day.

Have a wonderful Lord's day!

Mitchypoo
06-08-2003, 11:42 AM
Sami~ Woohoo!! Way to go girl! :balloons: You should be very proud of your efforts. You are an inspiration to me, that is for sure! :)

I'm feeling better and have a better attitude, thanks for all your nice thoughts and thanks to the special someone who gave me a stern talking to!

Went to dinner last night with my guy friend to meet his new love interest. She is very nice and we had a great time. Went to the buffet at the Casino which has really good food. I'm sure I overdid it, i had a little of everything i wanted. My mom didn't think i over ate. It was fun to get out for awhile.

Next weekend Mr.Friday is coming down. We're going to double date with my guy friend and his girl and Sat. I have to work in the a.m. and then we'll spend the day together and Sunday we're going to church together, something I'm really excited about....plus i can't wait to see him. He's finally feeling better with the meds. No sugar attacks and he's doing very well staying away from sugar and watching his diet. I'm proud of him. Trying to think of something easy and yummy to make for dinner. I have a chicken and was thinking of making chicken tacos with some homemade salsa and guacamole.

Going to church in a little while....can't wait! A lady from my parish (the church i belong to but don't usually attend mass) called and asked if I would join the parish council for a 3 year term. I have conflicts with the church so i declined, and also because i couldn't see committing to 3 years, too long.

Had a guy scare me last night at the house and i called the police out. He was banging on my back door, appeared to be drunk, couldn't tell me what he needed, but he wanted in the house or me to give him a ride. :?: I don't think so...... So i asked if he broke down and he said yes, did he want me to call the police, oh, no, no....so i made sure the door was locked, told him to hold on and called them. They were out here fast but couldn't find him. I'm on a farm, kind of isolated and very dark. A little scary but it was fine, not sure where he went but he must have known i called the police. Today i'm going to get new bulbs for the light outside, although it doesn't light my back porch. I need some electrical work done to put a motion detector light there, but Mr.Friday may be able to help me next weekend....

Have a blessed Sunday!

EZMONEY
06-08-2003, 01:58 PM
HAPPY SABBATH LADIES-- :angel:

Well I just got home from church, my buddy called last night and said he had to work today so he wouldn't be able to come-- proises next week- we shall see-- as we all know it is his loss and that is a shame.

I finished painting my new room yesterday- all I have left is to finish the door my brother and I put on and a ceiling fan to install-- then carpet or other flooring.

Went to a B-day party for a neice last night-- too many pieces of pizza and 3 beers-- gonna have to give the elliptical a good work-out this afternoon after I go visit my mom!!

SAMI WAY TO GO!!! I am soooo proud of you!! Just wait until the end of summer and see the weight loss and how much better you feel-- after 3 months of working out it will really show-- YOU should be very proud of yourself-- just think of how much time you will be able to put in when things die down a bit after the wedding!!

WILMA-- Sorry curves didn't work out for you at the present. I hear it is a great program-HOWEVER!! how super that DH is willing to go on the walks with you!! You have to do it for you!! but if it takes a little bit of planning for him to "help" you-- DO IT! Nothing better than support. Have a great time visiting your family.

MICHELE Hey girl don't worry about that job-- God has great plans for you- you never know where the detours are:lol: Sounds like things are going well with Mr. Friday-- how about a triple date? I love chicken tacos and guac! My wife makes great guacamole-- of course it is plentifull around here with all the avocados. I pray that intruder was just passing through and is well on his way!!!

Well Hi to everyone else- I hope all is well with all of you!!

Oh Yea I almost forgot-- I made cheese enchiladas for 5 college girls that came with my daughter for dinner Friday night-- I am famous now! they loved them! We played Loaded Questions until midnight- it was alot of fun.

IN HIS PRECIOUS LOVE- Gary

mrshummer
06-08-2003, 08:19 PM
HOWWDDYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!:wave:

How is everyone doing? I sure have missed you all. I have been so very busy that I haven't known whether I was coming or going. :dizzy: I thought once school got out that I wouldn't be as busy but boy was I wrong. Between bottle feeding the baby goats, working, picking up and running one child here and the other one here, working out, picking up a child and running her home, seeing patients, picking up the other one and running her home, etc.... I stay exhausted. Kelli, my oldest is working out with me so that is GREAT!!!! She will soon be 16.

Our baby goats are growing fast. They are all changing but in many ways, still babies. LOL

We have finally started getting rain. We had many days the last month in the high 90's and even over 100!!!! :yikes: I'm glad to have it in the 80's for a change. :cp:

Hope everyone is doing well. I will try to address everyone individually as I can. Thanks for missing me. ;)

Zoe
06-08-2003, 10:45 PM
Hello my friends....

Sorry I've been so scarce but all this moving and I'm exhausted. I must say that I am definately getting some exercise in. That's a good thing......

Congrats to the losers. I have to say, I'm only maintaining right now. I really want to lose about 7-12 more lbs so hopefully, this moving exercise will help me.

Well, can't stay.....I'm beat. Hope y'all had a great weekend and will have a happy Monday. Talk to y'all in a day or so.

In Christ,
Zoe and Patti <><

mrshummer
06-09-2003, 09:05 AM
Good Morning CEers!!!! :wave:

How is everyone this morning? Wow, now I look like I'm talking to myself. :lol: I have a very busy day today with seeing patients and everything that Mondays bring. Hope you all have a good day. Kelli and I are starting a challenge between us to stay OP and improve out WOE and workout faithfully everyday M-F. This is the first day of the rest of our lives. ;)

Zoe~ Wow, how proud you must be of your new home. It's beautiful! Lots of work, moving, but you will also reap all the joys and happiness of redecorating and making your house a home.

Sami~ Glad to see you are around. 16 lbs!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! Wow!!!! :balloons: :flow1: :cb: :flow2: :balloons: :cp: :bravo:

We are so very proud of you!!! And what was the name of that medication? LOL I know you are proud of your weight loss and your son graduating. Saying prayers for your dd's job and Gina. Keep in touch my friend. (I know I'm one to talk.)

Wilma~ Glad to hear that your son found a job at a golf course, that should be fun. And college and career classes are great places to meet good friends. Or should I say I always found that to be true. I want to come work with you on a Saturday and have THAT much fun!!!! :lol: Keep up the exercising, you're doing so good!! Hope your job levels out for you and becomes less stressful now.

Michele~ Hang in there my friend, I think the Lord is REALLY working in your life. You are facing so many decisions and forks in the road. Don't forget to pray everyday for guidance in the paths you should take that day and in making the right decisions. Have faith that HE will work it ALL out for you!! Good luck with Mr. Friday, too. ;)

Sue~ Camping? I want to go!!!! Pleeezzz!!! My hubby has assumed the boss' position for a while, until the job is posted and filled (hopefully he will get it) and is stressing. Even though he has weeks of leave coming to him, he doesn't feel he can go anywhere right now. I'm trying to talk him into just a weekend camping trip close by. Even in the same county, just away from home with the phones, tv, etc.. Of course, we have to feed babies everyday, but we are down to ONCE a day now. Thank you Lord!!! Prayers for Bob are coming your way! Thanks so much for missing me. :smug: Makes me feel good!

Gary Your meals have sounded really good while I've been gone. Sounds like you are really coming along with your room. And what is it you will be using this room for? A big party for all your 3fc friends? :yes: :lol: I have a project for you, can you swing by sometime when you aren't busy?

GutchieAren't goats fun? We continue to bottle feed too but have just went to ONCE a day!!! So, I don't have to get up at 5 am anymore!!! Got a whole extra hour this am!!! Yay!!! Glad you have found a new church and happy with it. I sure wish we could find one but my dear dh doesn't even want to try anymore. Please pray for him and us. We all need it but especially our kiddos. Ya know? Keep up the exercising, I KNOW how hard it is to get it in.

Well, hope everyone has a GREAT day!!!! Hope I didn't leave anyone out. If I did it wasn't intentionally. Love you all!!!
:wave: :)

wilma12
06-09-2003, 09:54 AM
Monday morning and I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning. Why is it I don't want to get up during the week and then on Saturdays I wake up early?? Makes no sense to me!!

We had a beautiful baptism and communion service yesterday morning. Very touching. Then, we went out to visit my parents. They're always happy for company. I would like them to move closer and they're actually thinking about it. I would be able to see more of them and for shorter periods of time.

Today I go out for lunch with a former co-worker. I think I'll stick to the salad again.

I better go get ready for work. I'll try to touch base tonight.

Mitchypoo
06-09-2003, 12:18 PM
Hello CEers! and Happy Monday :wave:

Gary~Would love to have a triple date and you are welcome for tacos and guac any time!! I'm so looking forward to spending some time with him this weekend! He's really turning out to be a good guy......

Sherry, so happy to hear from you and know that everything is OK. And I hope you are right, or maybe I know you are, God is really working in my life.

Hello to all! Have a wonderful week!

Mitchypoo
06-10-2003, 10:12 AM
OK, I meant..............Have a great week and check in often!! Too quiet!...........

Had a potluck at church yesterday and that went very well. Gary, perhaps this would be an idea for you. We met and had dinner, then we gathered in a circle and we sang worship songs and then we prayed together and then we shared any new things happening in our lives or shared how God continues to touch our lives. It was really nice.

I'm at work, have to scoot....More later.

EZMONEY
06-10-2003, 11:32 AM
HAPPY TUESDAY LADIES-- ;)

Well the California June gloom is in full bloom today-- has been the last couple of weeks-- not really bad but not real nice weather either. Oh, we get a great day every now and then. Just been a weird weather year.

I am home today working on my room-- almost all done, just some touch-up paint on the corners and bullnose and the new door still needs painted-- ceiling fan is in so all I need is carpet.

I am going to visit my mom today-- spent most of the day with her on Sunday-- she lives very close and I don't see her often enough-- she is leaving for Illinois on Thursday night to visit her mom who is not doing well-- mostly old age, she is around 87. My mom has not been well for a long time-- among other things she is a smoker so her lungs are shot- she is 66, to be honest she is planning on staying 6 months but I am not sure she will be healthy enough to come back-- we shall see. She is in our good Lord's care.

SHERRY Great to see you posting again! Great job on the training with DD too! Is she still working far away? The room I am finishing will be used as a "quiet" room-- for Bible reading, other reading or my wife and her crafts-- at least that is the plan for now--NO T.V.!!

ZOE- Are you still un-packing and shopping for new things to fill up the house?

WILMA- How was your lunch with your friend? Remember when you didn't know anyone? How is the exercise going? If the DH doesn't want to go on those walks trade with those boys-- one dinner per mile:lol:

MICHELE- That is a great idea for church- anything to get people together worshipping and sharing-- with food- even better!! I hope your week-end with Mr. Friday is all you hope it to be:)

SAMI- Sami how is the exercise going this week? Are those kids behaving themselves for you? or is it already a loooong summer:lol: Seems like alot of stuff always going on at your home. Have a great work-out today!!

Well, I have to get a move on-

IN HIS CARE, Gary

sami
06-10-2003, 07:22 PM
Blessing today. Things have been going pretty well around here. I have still been working out. I think I will buy some heavier weights this weekend. I can tell a BIG diffrence in my arms. I measured my waist and have lost a whole inch and a inch in my hips and 1/2 inch on each arm! It is just what I need to give me that push to keep going! Pray for my oldest DD her tail bone has been hurting and it is getting worse by the day. So it looks like a trip to the DR. She hasn't done anything to hurt it so we don't have any ideal why it hurts so bad. And my now 16 yr old has been away for a few days to stay away from her friends that I am not fond of.
EZ-I am still working out I have it broke up into twice a day (most days) for about 1/2 hr each day. Wow your going to really enjoy that new room! Enjoy your time with your Mom My Mom also smokes but to tell the truth she is in better shape than me!
Michele-Prayers that your Friday man and you have a great day.
Sherry-So glad to hear from you again. I bet your baby goats are so cute!
Zoe-Are you all unpacked? I bet you burn a lot cals just unpacking!
Wilma-How is your new job going? I have been out looking at dresses to wear to DD wedding and the one I really want looks simple to make so I am thinking of making it so I can wait until the last minute to make it so it will fit!

Got to go and do my work out before I get to tired.

Zoe
06-11-2003, 08:52 AM
Good Wednesday Morning :wave:

I find that mornings are my only free time lately so here I am. Not much time but I wanted to stop in for a moment. No, I'm not finished UNpacking since we're not yet moved. We are still at the old house, having everything getting moved on Friday so Friday night will be my first night in the new house. I have brought boxes over (my SUV holds ALOT of stuff!!) and my pantry is set, my pots, pans, etc......my son is anxious too since he is moving "home" and it will be his. :)

My eating has been bad bad bad. With all the moving each night, we go out to eat and I never make the right choices. So I am trying, starting today, to make those right choices just like before. Before the move, we would eat out and I would be good so what the HECK is different now??? Nodda..... So as they say, today is the first day of the rest....blah, blah, blah....you know the story.

Sorry I am not addressing anyone but I just wanted to stop in and say hi and tell you all that I'm still here, just lurking most of the time. I miss you all and can't wait to be back online normally......(normal? is that possible?? ha)

Have a blessed Wednesday.....

In Christ's Love,
Patti and Zoe <><

doitforme
06-11-2003, 06:03 PM
Sorry this wille quick it took me awhile to catch up ! Whew CONGRATS SAMI 16 lbs wow way to go!! Thanks to all who were praying for bob brennan- (guy who tryed to commit suicide) he got admitted to 4 winds a psych center which is a really big answer to prayer they were going to send him back home. I have a big prayer request my pastor who has been in remission had 3 cat scans and a bone scan and just got the results back. He has a spot about an 1 inch on his lung. They are not sure if it is melanoma or an infection. Please pray that it is just an infection. He will not be scanned again for another month, and they will have no answer till after that. He is not showing any signs of infection. But God willing it is just a cold and will be gone when it is scanned again. Sorry I didn't post individually. I am thurs. fri and going home, prayer meeting tonight at 7pm so will chat soon I hope. stay healthy and thanks God Bless Sue

mrshummer
06-12-2003, 09:14 AM

It's a sad morning here in central Texas. I awoke to the scanner going off because of a structure fire. Turns out it is a small church. Cause unknown at this time. :( And last night Kelli and I were coming home on the highway and came upon a terrible wreck and the helicopter was sitting in the middle of the highway. We were told that there were 5 in a van that rolled many times and that there were critical injuries so we were detained for about an hour. My heart is heavy for those affected by both. It is very very unusual for a helicopter to have to stay on the ground that long, plus another helicopter came and met the ambulance at another location with other injuried. We live in a very rural area and the closest larger hospital is 50 miles or so away.

So how is everyone else today? I'm sorry to be so "heavy" today with my heart. I tried to post yesterday and it wouldn't let me. I have never had that type of trouble before. I would click on post message and it would give me a screen with complicated message. Who knows.

Well, I'm off today but have lots to get done, so I better scoot on out of here. Everyone take care and have a good SAFE day!!!! :wave:

wilma12
06-12-2003, 09:43 AM
Today is a kind of gloomy day. We've seen little of the sun lately but the weekend promises to shape up. I woke up with a headache and hopefully that subsides before I go to work. Today is my birthday and I came downstairs to see a note on the keyboard from my son. Made my day!

I haven't been walking - I've been getting ready for company coming on the weekend. I have been doing the exercises each morning though and they do get me going for the day.

mrshummer: It's so hard to hear about all the tragedies that happen to others. I usually send up a prayer when I see an ambulance going past.

Sue: I'll be praying that the spot is only an infection. Your pastor must be a really strong man to endure all he's gone through.

Zoe: I went through the same eating pattern while moving that you are. It seems to be taking me forever to get back on track. Hopefully this won't happen to you. Happy moving!!

Sami: This is so exciting! I agree that you should wait until closer to the wedding to get the dress. What colour are you going to be wearing?

Gary: I wish I could persuade my sons to walk with me. They wouldn't even if I bribed them. Last night I gave one a choice between walking with me and trying a new fruit. (He hates trying new things.) He chose the fruit. I know I need to do this myself. I can't expect others to be there for me all the time.

Michele: Your potluck sounded wonderful. We had a brunch on Saturday with our Care Group and did the same thing. It brings a closeness with others that you wouldn't have otherwise.

I better get going. Have a wonderful day!

EZMONEY
06-12-2003, 12:15 PM
GOOD MORNING LADIES :)

I am off work today- my cousin called and said the job we were going to do today isn't quite ready-- my wife will be home early because it is her last day of school for this year ( summer school will start in a week or so, she is teaching this year ) so we are going to go look for carpet for the new room. We went the other night and she bought me a recliner for the room for Father's Day. All I got her for Mother's Day was a pedometer and a flashlight for her key chain so she could see to open the garage door at night-- oops! Going to go visit my mom today too before she heads to Illinois tonight. Have to be home early eve. to take my daughter to the high school graduation and drop her off-- she is taking an up-date on her CPR today and by the time she gets done there will not be parking-- she has a couple of friends graduating she wants to see- actually about 10! Thank-goodness she got a job for all she is spending on cards alone. She has been working tennis camps on the week-ends, house sitting for her assistant coach and Monday she was hired to work at a day camp for kids at La Costa Resort.

WILMA- :hb: :hat: :balloons: Happy Birthday!!! Sorry about your headache. I wish those boys would help you on your walks- but you are right, it is for you! Won't eat fruit huh? my daughter lives on fruit!! She has always craved it-- the son and step-d come in eating junk out of the cupboards and she heads right to the fridge for an orange, kiwi, grapes, berries, etc-- I even have to go by our fruit stands and take some to college every trip! Hope the family treats you special tonight!!

SAMI- Great job on the weights and inches lost- you are well on your way now! I hope things get smoother for your 16 yr. old- that is a tough time in alot of kids lives isn't it. Prayers for your other dd and her tailbone- I bruised mine about 12 years ago very bad and it hurt for a very long time. I even had the donut thing going on.

ZOE- You will have plenty of time to get back on track after the move- a little set back is no big deal. You will burn plenty of calories mowing that grass!!;)

doitformeSUE I am so sorry to hear of your pastor's spot. The poor guy just can't get a break can he-- all the wondering and worry-- quite a test. Bob seems to be in the right place now- answered prayers. Any camping this week-end? How is the weather? not much sun here to send- sorry:cool:

SHERRY Boy what an eventfull couple of days- sorry it was all sad. The computer sure can be frustrating can't it? Sometimes i think the old days were much better-- but then we wouldn't know each other would we.

MICHELE- Hope the big week-end goes super for you!!!

Well I am going for a haircut- Later, IN CHRIST- Gary

Good night Chet- Good night David-- the years are flying by.

Mitchypoo
06-12-2003, 12:26 PM
Glad you are all doing ok, but I agree with Sherry and Wilma, it's kind of gloomy today. Maybe it's just the day, the mood.

I came home at 10 a.m. yesterday from work not feeling well. Slept for awhile, cleaned and thought i felt better and had my bible study at my house. (Which was wonderful!) but then i wasn't feeling good again and I didn't go to work again. Just got up again. Going to go have a banana and maybe a piece of toast. Not hungry........so you know i'm sick! :lol:

More later, hi to all of you!

Zoe
06-12-2003, 11:34 PM
Hello friends :wave:

Just a quick note tonight to say that I'll be MIA for a few days. I'm shutting the computer down now and will not have it back until Sunday at the earliest.

Have a wonderful Friday and a blessed weekend. Talk to you from the new house in a few days..

In Christ's Love,
Patti and Zoe <><

Mitchypoo
06-13-2003, 09:19 AM
Patti, hope the move goes smoothly. How about a pic of you in front of the house? You can't hide behind the house! :)

Feeling better today, so i'm heading to work at the medical billing place.

Mr.Friday will be here tomorrow after work! I'm so excited!

mrshummer
06-13-2003, 09:22 AM

How is everyone this morning? We are doing better this morning. Sorry, I seemed gloomy yesterday, I guess it all just touched my heart. The church was over 100 years old and was completely gutted. :(

Today I have a lighter patient load, so will get some rest this afternoon. I hope! Kelli and I continue to do weight exercises and the bicycle when we go to the wellness center. I have actually gotten where I hurt less the days I go. Hum..... My low back hurts most of the time but even after working out harder and longer yesterday it wasn't hurting last night. Yay!!!! :cp:

Zoe~ Good luck with your move. I hope everything goes well. I hope our rains don't interfere with your move. Hollar back at us soon.

Wilma~ Happy Birthday!!!!!! :balloons: :gift: :hat: :goodvibes:
Sorry about the headache. I hope it got better. I get those frequently but mine are mostly allergies and sometimes stress. I understand about you wanting the kids to walk too. Good luck. I'm still trying to get my dh to eat right and lose with us. He is getting so out of control and won't listen to me. Last night he ate 3 plates of spaghetti, 4 1/2 toast, apple pie and ice cream (large bowl) and then ate a banana. All in less than 2 hours. It's really worrying me. Please say a little prayer.

Michele~Hope you are feeling better!!!! Take care of yourself and check in when you feel like it. :grouphug:

Gary~ You get more days off mister!!! :lol: Just kidding. Hope you had a good visit with your mom. Tell us about the carpet you and your dw picked out. I love fruit too but have a hard time finding nectarines and stuff that I can eat in the winter months. We have nectarines in the stores now but they are $1.99/lb and up. But here lately we are eating canteloupe daily. Yum!!!!

Well, better go so I can get through before it gets TOO hot. Have a good day and a GOOD weekend!!!! Cya soon.

wilma12
06-13-2003, 09:49 AM
It's a bright sunny day here and my headache is almost gone. I get these monthly and they stay all day when I get them.

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes. I had a great day yesterday. DH sent me flowers at work - really brightened my day. Then, after work we went out for Chinese which is one of my favorites. He also gave me a gift certificate for Curves. I didn't expect it at all. He paid for my membership and signed me up for a year. Now, there are no more excuses. I'm looking forward to trying it. I just need to schedule when I'll be going because they close at 8:00 pm so there's not many options of when to go especially because I work full time.

mrshummer: I hear you on the DH problem. Mine isn't really overweight but I worry about him because he rarely eats vegetables and eats all evening. His work is physical so that helps a bit but I don't think he's getting all the nutrients that he needs.

Zoe: have a smooth move. Talk to you when you get back.

Gary: Hope you enjoyed your day off. DH got yesterday off which was a special treat for me on my birthday. DH also spent way more on me than I usually do on him too so don't feel bad. Let's just count our blessings and be extra nice to them.:lol:

Gotta go to work. I don't know how much I'll be able to check in this weekend but I will when I can. My inlaws are visiting. DOn't worry. I love them!

Have a super day!

EZMONEY
06-13-2003, 02:22 PM
Good Friday Ladies- not much time here to post- am waiting for my wife to get ready- we are going to a funeral of my next door neighbor- she was 92 and passed away last week--I think I had mentioned she fell and broke her hip and arm then- she had surgery and went into a coma the next day-- she was ready to go she said-- she is a Mormon and all her family- has been a large household next door the last few days from Utah. Well I hope all is well with you- Later- Christ Died for us-- that is for sure!!

doitforme
06-13-2003, 06:43 PM
I been working on the bulletin for sunday for most of the day! Doing a special one for father's day, put a nice poem in it and lots of wildlife for the guys, they should like it.
Thanks for trying to send the sun, E.Z. it is suppose to arrive tom.
I have to work the weekend, but am off most of next week so I will kleave for camp on mon. can't wait. Thanks for all the prayers for pastor. He has had a rough go of it, it seems he finally gets good news to then get bad. He has grown so much, and I try to remember God works all things to good. Just waiting for the month to go by, but hate to be wishing summer away like that.
HAPPYY BIRTHDAY WILMA- sounds like you had a great day. Mitchy- let us know how it goes with mr. fri. Mrs. hummer send some sunshine and heat north if you can. Zoe- enjoy your new house- should be fun decorating. I have to work a double tom. but will check in before I leave on monday. Gary have a great father's day you deserve it, just get out of the chair long enough to go to church, by the way how is your nephew doing? My brother just finally got weekend visitation a couple weeks ago. His wife soon to be ex is a real piece of work. gotta run! luv ya's

sami
06-14-2003, 09:02 PM
Blessing to all! I am feeling under the weather I ate something I knew better and have been up in the bathroom all night long and most of sat! I weight myself today and I am down another 3 lbs!!!! My DD has been to two Dr.'s and they are not sure what is wrong she has a lump right at the start of her crack and both Dr.'s have said they have never seen anything like it. They did xray and we hope to know something Mon. She is in a lot of pain so pray it is something that will take care of it's self. DS has worked both Jobs this week and I can tell the days are starting to blend together.
Zoe-HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! What a sweet husband you have.
Mitchypoo-I hope you are feeling better. Let us know how Friday went!
Sherry-It's ok to voice your sadness here that is what we are for. I will remember the families in my prayers.
Doitforme-I will keep your Pastor in my prayers. Remember the guy at my Church that had cancer of the heart? He is still with us! They gave him 6 weeks which would have been around thanksgiving and he has even been at Church the last few weeks! Please keep us updated on him I think of him often.
Ez-sorry to hear about your neighbor. But sounds like she is with God! I hope you enjoy your time with your Mother. I hope you have a Great Father's Day! I got my DH clothes for church (he has gained weight and refuses to buy a bigger size)
Zoe-Praying for a smooth move! Post when you can.

I pray that the Lord lift this wonderful group up and help us to reach our goals.

mrshummer
06-14-2003, 09:11 PM
Good Afternoon CEers!!!!:wave:

How is everyone this afternoon? It has been a beautiful day here in the south. No rain, for the first day in almost two weeks. I'm not complaining about the rain grant you because we needed it so much. I haven't done much today. Been taking it easy. Kelli and I have been working out everyday and couldn't go today because it's only opened M-F. I actually missed working out. I did some here but not quite the same. I never thought I would actually miss working out. :lol:

Sue~ Hope you have a good week at the camp. Sounds great!

Gary! Hope you have a GREAT Father's day!!!! Kick back and enjoy yourself doing whatever feels GOOD!! :yes: Sorry to hear about your neighbor dying. How sad!

Michele~ How did things go with Mr. Friday, last night? Is he around for the whole weekend? Hope you are having a blast!!!

Wilma~ Sounds like your B'Day was a good one. I'm glad. It's the little things all put together that make things so special. Ya know?

Well, Hope ya'll have a GREAT weekend!!!! Remember your Father's tomorrow and even special men in your life, it's a good time to let them know how much you care.

Cya soon. :wave:

EZMONEY
06-15-2003, 12:46 AM
HI LADIES--

Just got home from church-- went tonight so that my daughter could go- with her house sitting and dog(baby)sitting she didn't thinl she could get here in the morning early enough. We went for fish tacos after-DD is taking me out to dinner tomorrow-- my son is leaving in the morning for a week with his high school cross country team, they are going to the mountains for a training/bonding session. This could end up being quite an experience for my son-- no lady coaches or moms can go and the head coaches wife is carrying a very pre-mature baby they don't think will co-operate! if she delivers the head coach is leaving my 22 yr. old son in charge of about 60 kids-- ouch-- about 30 teen-age girls. My son is very mature-- not the problem-- I just think it is scary with no female supervision when you are away for a week-- I forgot to mention the reason no lady coach is going is because she is the one with the baby. Wish my son luck:)

WILMA- Wow did the DH come through or what!! What a great guy-- see-- he does listen!! I did hear that Curves was great except it was hard to work-out sometimes with work because of their hours-- suggestion? plan meals ahead and go right after work every day-- it is just for 30 min. isn't it? You'll figure it out-- you are one of the smart ones!!!

doitforme- That bulletin sounds really great! My nephew came by yesterday-- he was a filthy mess but in really good spirits! I haven't seen him for a couple of weeks-- guess he is with his mom to stay-- hope that is for the best. Have fun at the camping!

SAMI Prayers for your DD-- how about the 16 DD- is she ok? Wow that boy just jumps right into work doesn't he. That ibs thing is it? my DD hates that-- she know she shouldn't eat certain foods too. Keep that weight coming girl-- you are doing great!!:)

SHERRY- Great job on the exercise-- way cool that you are trying to do a little at home too- great that DD can work-out with you-- keep that garden going.

MICHELE and ZOE- I hope all is going well with the move-in-- and the week-end guest!

Prayers for the family asked for a 27 yr. old police officer that was gunned down and died less than a mile from my house yesterday by a gang member on a routine traffic stop. It was quite a commotion until they captured him after 5 hours-- 20 police cars and 3 helicopters. Tense and so very sad.

Thanks for all the father's day wishes-- treat your men right on Sunday-- HEY-- you gals always do!!!!

IN HIS LOVE -- OUR FATHER EVERY DAY!!! -Gary

Mitchypoo
06-15-2003, 01:52 AM
Hello CEers,

Gary~Happy Father's Day! I hope you enjoy your day. I missed it about the cop who was killed. Sorry to hear that.

Mr.Friday will now have to be called Mr.NextWeek! He had some car trouble and he was stressed and frankly so was I. So we decided to make it this next weekend. And my tummy ache went away? :?: :) I was nervous about the weekend, getting everything done, and these things just work out like they are suppose to. But I was disappointed, not in him, but I was looking forward to seeing him.

Have a graduation party tomorrow afternoon. It's so hot here right now and the humidity is coming. Ick! And the mosquitos and gnats, double ick.

Plan to go to church, miss my father, call when i get home and get some stuff done around the house tomorrow.

mrshummer
06-16-2003, 09:06 AM
Good Morning CEers!!! :wave:

How is everyone this wonderful morning? It's a cool clear day here in central TX and hopefully not to hot of a day. I have a lite patient load today so will be working out and preparing for a garage sale for maybe this weekend. :dizzy: But the question still remains. . . . .can I part with all this junk? :lol: Not really junk, but much more than I need. Some of you out there will surely understand that one. ;)

Gary~ Hope you had a GREAT Father's Day!!! We were good to my dh. Against my better judgement I fixed his favorite meal: fried chicken strips, mashed potatoes and gravy, homemade biscuits, green peas, canteloupe and a coconut cake. Yum-yum!!! But after we ate, we all felt bad. We knew better but we did it anyway. But it's back to "real" eating today. All of those fattening foods are GONE!!! Hope your son managed ok with the kiddos. I'm sure he did well, if he is anything like his father.

Michele~ Sorry Mr. Weekend, AKA Mr. Friday, AKA Whoever you want him to be, didn't get to come in this weekend. But maybe it will make the heart grow fonder? How are you really? I'm thinking about you.

Sami~ Sorry I missed you last post. I guess we posted about the same time. Prayers for your dd and the lump. Don't let those Drs slide, make them be aggressive. Congratulations on the THREE lbs!!!!! You are doing so awesome!!! What was the name of that med that's killing your appetite? Send me some. :lol:

Well, better hit the shower and get the little dd up. She is going to a type of summer school. They learn in the mornings; computers, readings, arts and crafts, etc and either go swimming, skating, to the library or to the park in the afternoons. It's a win win situation. She loves it and it's only $10/week. Where can you find that price on keeping a child 40 hours/wk???? My oldest is the babysitter but this frees her up and lets the little one have a blast.

Talk atcha later. Have a GOOD day!!!!! :D

wilma12
06-16-2003, 09:57 AM
We had a lovely rain last night and now it's looking like it's going to be a lovely day. It's been really hot here and the air conditioner isn't working. Hopefully one of those busy electricians we called will have some time this week.

I had a great weekend with the inlaws. We went out for lunch after church on Sunday and just relaxed. Very nice. They left this morning and it's back to work.

mrshummer: It doesn't hurt to eat that way once in a while but I'm like you I feel sick after. I had a chicken quesedilla and spring salad for lunch yesterday. It was great. DH still hasn't caught on and had fish and chips. :lol:

Gary: Hope you had a great Father's Day! I'm so sorry to hear about the policeman that was killed. There is no repect for our protectors anymore. We just had a court case for a man who shot an RCMP - no remorse or anything. It's so tragic.

Sami: I'll be praying for your DD. I hope it's nothing serious.

Well, I better get going and get ready for work. It's a long one today!

Have a super day!

EZMONEY
06-16-2003, 06:35 PM
HI LADIES ;)

Well I survived Father's Day:) -Thanks for all the wishes.
My step-d got me some of my favorite Starbucks coffee-should last a week- my son got me the usual (what I ask for) tee-shirt from his college (I kinda collect college and sports tee-shirts from the schools my kids attend) and my daughter took me out to our favorite Mexican Resturant-- one we have- I have- been going to for 37 years- same owner and his wife!! Great day! I even got to mow the grass at the house my daughter is house sitting at and move the big BBQ to the garage since the HUGE puppy- part lab part malamute (spelling on that?) is eating it. He is 9 months old and chewing everything in site. What are dad's for right.

WILMA- Glad you enjoyed your week-end- I hope it cools off or you get your A.C. working soon. Where I live we don't have it- maybe only 10 days a year would we turn it on anyway- I live close enough to the ocean for an ocean breeze and far enough away to miss the overcast, about 5 miles. How are the walks going? Don't be a quitter!!

SHERRY- My son is doing fine so far, however they will be there until Friday afternoon- thanks for asking. As far as the garage sale-- go for it girl! If you haven't used it or missed it in a year- my motto- get rid of it. I have so many drywall tools- the kind I don't use daily but have needed- heck I keep them stored nicely in crates and I NEVER get into them. We always make the kids downsize once a year- they have to go through all their stuff and give away what they don't want-- if it HAS to be saved and they don't want it in their room they have my wife or I give the O.K. to store it in the garage or in the storage above a room I have in the garage. Each year it gets easier! To be honest my son is quite the collector and has about 20 of the rubbermaid crates in the garage- all stacked neatly at least.

Hope all is well with the rest of you- catch up with you later

Gary;)

EZMONEY
06-16-2003, 06:39 PM
OOPS- I forgot you MICHELE- sorry! There are more details on the policeman that was killed- he was just walking up to the car and the creep unloaded his gun into him then stole the cops gun and emptied it into him- the poor guy didn't have a chance. Had a 6 month old baby and had just gotten his own car to go solo. Sorry things didn't happen with the MR. FRIDAY guy- good things can wait! Later- Gary

Mitchypoo
06-18-2003, 09:47 AM

Gary~Fine, just forget me....... :) That is really awful about the cop. It makes you realize that there are really evil people in the world. The guy who shot him wasn't thinking that the cop was another human being, someone with loved ones. Terribly sad. I have a tremendous respct for cops, i don't think we realize how much they sacrifice for us.

I went to the Chiro yesterday and he says my thyroid is still out of whack, i'm just not feeling good. I will go in soon to see if the upped dosage is doing it, but I kind of don't think it is. My back is really sore this a.m.

I'm very frustrated with my weight and diet and i need to do some praying about this. I need to do something to get back on track.

Today i'm concentrating on this Scripture. Psalm 18:19
~ He led me to a place of safety; he rescued me because he delights in me.

Have a blessed day!

wilma12
06-18-2003, 09:50 AM
I can't believe it's Wednesday already. Time is flying past.

I go for my orientation at Curves tonight. I'm excited about getting started. I've been reading reports on how it's helped others and I sure hope it'll do the same for me.

Have a wonderful day and keep posting!!

doitforme
06-18-2003, 09:59 AM
So sad about the policeman, that is one job, where they don't get paid enough for the element they deal with and the potential to be hurt. E.Z. sounds like you had a good father's day! Your son might have his hands full with those young ladies especially going into the mountains no blowdyers, or curling irons or mirrors oh, how will they survive, ha ha ha .
Wilma send some of that heat down to me, we were suppose to have a nice weekend and now there is a good chance it will rain and a cold front coming in yuck.
Mitchy sorry you didn't connect with Mr. Friday, but Mrs. hummer is right absence will make that anticipation so much more.
Mrs. Hummer-Have fun with your garage sale, a good way to earn extra $'s
Sami-Sorry to hear about dd hope everything is o.k. you are doing great down three more pounds way to go!
I got to work this am then off until next monday yeah, now if only the weather would cooperate. Oh, well, will still be good. See ya all when I get back, have a good weekend.
P.S. hi zoe- are ya all moved in yet! Pray all is going well.

doitforme
06-18-2003, 10:02 AM
wilma and mitchy you both posted while I was posting. Just wanted to say good morning and have a great day! See ya

sami
06-18-2003, 02:14 PM
Hello sorry I have been away for a few days but had a lot going on here. Sunday my DD was in so much pain and had taken way to much meds and because she took to much meds she couldn't keep any thing down. I took her to the hospital and the check in nurse said I bet she has a pilonidal cyst. Sure enough she had a pilonidal cyst (a cyst on her spine) It was so infected they opened it up and drained it. It has had to stay open to keep draining. They said she was born with it and will need surgery to keep it from comming back. She is still in pain but it is still draining. I had to buy a new scale because my youngest DD broke the button on my other. This one weights me a few lbs heaver. (3lbs) So I may not be able to claim a loss this week. But I am still on plan!
Wilma-let us know how curves goes! I am so happy for you!
doitforme-I hope the weather warms up for you. Here has been colder than normal.
EZ-STARBUCKS AND MEXICAN! That would be a perfect day for me. I also love t-shirts from diffrent places also. Did the room get done yet?
Sherry-I wish we had a summer school like your dd's I feel guilty because I work all day and I dead tired when I get home and they spend to much time watching tv sometimes. I do a lot of crafts so I get project together for them to do.
Mitchypoo-I am praying for you to get back on track. I know for me I was really down because of all my health problems. And just on a fluk the Dr put me on effexor (antidepressant) they use it for chronic pain and IBS and the wonderful side effects are I am not hungry! and it has really helped with my IBS so I feel so much better! I am more active and my attitude is a lot more postive. I know that health problems make it harder to stick to a diet but if you can get over the hump the healty eating will make you feel so much better. [[[big hug]]]

I pray you have an OP day!

wilma12
06-19-2003, 09:51 AM
I am feeling the effects of my Curves workout. I wondered how it would work but I am a bit sore this morning so it works. I'll keep you posted on my progress. I was weighed there and their scale showed that I weigh 177.5 instead of 174 on my scale at home. Rats!!:o :mad: Oh well, at least I have a year to work it off. I plan on going for 7:00 a.m. 3 mornings a week. I think it'll give me energy for the day.

Sami: Is your daughter feeling any better? How old is she? My prayers are with you. You are doing great with your eating. You are my inspiration!!

doitforme: I'd love to share my sunshine with you.:) :) Here's a little bit!! It's cooled down a bit here now and is bearable. DH got someone in to fix the air conditioner yesterday so now I'll be in comfort all summer!!

michele: It's so hard to get going sometimes isn't it? I will pray that you find something to inspire you. Unfortunately no one else can do it for you. We'd all be thin if that were true!!

Gary: You must be really busy these days. How's the room coming? What's for dinner? I was given a "Grilling" magazine on the weekend and it has some tasty recipes in it I'd love to try. I just need to get organized.

Have a super day!

EZMONEY
06-19-2003, 06:14 PM
HI LADIES ;)

Well I just got home from work and the new room is carpeted!! Not only that but they delivered my new recliner the other day-- I am ready to go-- a nice quiet room for bible study, crafts for the wife, or whatever else we decide.

I have been busy this week at work then the computer is hard to get to when my step-d is here-- alot of on-line talk. Plus I have been watching the college world series baseball in the evenings.

WILMA- Great job at Curves:) I am so positive by this time next year we will see you on those tv commercials-- you know, the ones that say results not typical in teeny letters at the bottom:lol: ONLY your loss will be from great work!!! Wife has been cooking since she is home from school this week- she starts summer school next week. Last night it was the tri-tip with tequila marinade, night before it was tacos-- tonight leftovers and bruchetta she is making with tomatoes and basil from our garden. Are you still going to go on your walks or will that be too much?

SAMI- Sorry about DD and the cyst but at least it sounds like she will be ok when it is all over. Glad the ibs is doing better with the new medicine-- maybe I should mention it to my daughter. So what with the new scale-- no problem for you!! Keep up the good work-- that wedding is coming soon.

doitforme- How did the camping go this (coming) week-end? Hope you had a great time.

MICHELE- Come on back girl! A little let down now and then keeps us humble. Praying works for sure on the diet but God wants us to help Him out a little too! he has given us alot of healthy resources to take advantage of-- we just need to use the willpower He blessed us with. It takes time to reach a point where you can truly see the effects and WANT to continue-- I know it was that way with my smoking-- once I saw how much better I was feeling and how much better I looked and smelled I really TRULY began to want to stay a NON-SMOKER for life. Too bad it took me 25 years to get to that point. You can do this! Hope Mr. Friday is way cool this week-end.

SHERRY My wife wants to know where you can sign-up for that $10 class:lol: How are you and DD doing on the new work-out schedule? Have fun with it.

Well I have a job to go bid- see you all later, Gary

THROUGH CHRIST ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE and that is a fact!
Love ya;)

Angel-lover
06-20-2003, 12:36 PM
http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/blume/natur010.gif Hello everyone. I just joined the forum today. Was very glad to see a Christian thread, as well as others. I'm a christian, & count on my Lord for all things.

Hope you don't mind, I've been lurking for awhile. Have received encouragement, and blessings from what I've read. http://www.members.aol.com/teejaw/smilies/Daisy.gif

Wish you all well.

Mitchypoo
06-20-2003, 12:51 PM

Angel-Lover~Welcome! Glad you joined us.

I'm at the gym today and i'm actually going to work out! I've woke up with a new attitude! I also woke up with a migraine so I'm doing the best I can today.

Gary~i know you are right and I relate to the smoking thing too. I quit in 1992 and it was difficult but I did do it, cold turkey. I know that I can do this but it's just been difficult lately and I think it's partly because it's not just me and will-power, i haven't felt good in a long time. But this a.m. i made a good breakfast and I'm concentrating on low-carb which works for me. But i'm grateful to have a Father above that I can always talk to and he constantly shows his love. I find inspiration everywhere i turn, but sometimes you have to look for it. Your room sounds really nice, how nice to have a place to enjoy and spend time with the Lord. Dinner sounds wonderful too. What a great wife you have.

I plan on having a great day and i hope you all do too!

EZMONEY
06-20-2003, 09:37 PM
HOW'S IT GOING GALS? :)

Hope everyone is finished with their weeks work and can enjoy the week-end. I am taking off in the morning for San Pedro (Michele) knows where that is-- my wife's brother is getting married on Saturday- she is already there but my daughter had to work and my son just got home from the camp-- no big deal other than we are missing the rehersal dinner my mil is having. We will leave in the morning and come back Sunday afternoon- we are staying in the hotel he is getting hitched in so that should be easy to navigate if I have one too many beers:lol:

The wife and I pretty well set up the new room last night with her craft table and another chair besides the reclliner-- put some books and things in there too-- looking pretty cool.

WELCOME :yes: ANGEL LOVER Hope you stick around long enough for us to get to know you.

MICHELE Great job on the attitude!! Sorry about the migrane but at least you are trying to not let things like that ruin your day-- you are AWESOME!!! That Mr. Friday is one lucky guy. I am with you on the carb thing-- although that is my favorite food-carbs-!

Well I guess I will talk to you all on Sunday night or Monday.

BE GOOD TO YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Christ- Gary ;)

Mitchypoo
06-20-2003, 11:17 PM
Hi all!

Gary, hope you and the fam have a wonderful time at the wedding! San Pedro is nice, are you going to the Ports O'Call? Love to go down there and have seafood and see the shops. I've taken a dinner cruise down there too which was fun. I'm feeling a little homesick just now. My mother is leaving tomorrow for Palm Springs for the weekend, and that's one of my favorite places....

I've had a GREAT day!! I have done really well with the carbs today. I got some Diet Rite soda today too. Did you know it has Splenda instead of aspartame? That's great news for me. And it's decaf. I ordered lunch out but i still made a good choice with a chopped chicken salad, no croutons, pasta or sunflower seeds and tonight i went to the store and grilled up some chicken breasts and had one for dinner on top of a nice salad with ranch dressing. I didn't get the workout in, mainly cuz i could not get rid of the migraine until late afternoon. Maybe tomorrow.

Mr.Friday hasn't called me in two days and I have a bad gut feeling about the weekend. But at this point, i don't care. I'm going to concentrate on me, guys are just too much trouble........

EZMONEY
06-21-2003, 01:00 AM
Hi Mich-- It is at Port Of Los Angeles San Pedro Hilton- not sure if that is Ports O'Call but my wife mentions that from time to time. her dad was on the fire boats in the harbor and that is where they had a memorial for him when he passed away a couple of years ago. I go up there with her but get confussed on where we are at. Hey! not all guys are too much trouble... well, on second thought... It will happen dear-- when it is time. Off to bed, G'night.

Angel-lover
06-21-2003, 09:46 AM
http://www.members.aol.com/teejaw/smilies/Sun2.gifThank you for your welcome. It's a beautiful sunshiney day here.(for a change) We've had mostly rain for 2 or 3 months now.http://www.members.aol.com/teejaw/smilies/Lightning.gif.Well, I'm starting over, kinda, today. I've lost 16 lbs, but came to a standstill. I went off diet for a few days(but maintained) to kind of "kick start" those scales again. I've heard it helps to do that. Guess I'll see!

Hope all are happy & well.

wilma12
06-21-2003, 11:52 AM
It's really windy here so I think I'll spend most of my day indoors. I want to get my house cleaned and some baking done. I have a friend from back home visiting this afternoon for coffee so that should be fun.

I am really enjoying Curves. I didn't even find it too difficult to get there at 7:00 am. I am really hoping this program works.

Angel-lover: A big welcome to you. It sounds like you're on the right track. Keep going!!!

Gary: Hope you enjoyed the wedding. My brother is getting married at the end of August.

Michele: It also sounds like you're headed in the right direction. Keep up the good work.

My coffee is calling me. I better go have some and get my day going.

Have a great one.

sami
06-21-2003, 02:08 PM
Blessing this morning! And a Big WELCOME to ANGEL-LOVER. This is a great group of Christians who share their ups and downs in life. And life each other up in prayer! My DD the 20 yr old (the one getting married in sept) is the one with the cyst. It is still draining but looks so much better. My 16yr old is trying to be sneaky but patrol mom has been quick to catch on. To make a long story short I don't care for some of my DD friends and I am doing everything to keep them apart for her own good but she doesn't see it that way she thinks I am keeping her in prison! I have stayed OP! But I am not going to WI because the new scales WI 3 lbs heavier so I will wait until next week because I have to see a loss!
Angel-lover-looking forward to getting to know you. I think your right about not dieting for a few days (as long as you don't gain or fall off the wagon for good) and then starting again for that kick start.
Wilma-I can tell you are in the lose weight mood! Curves sounds like just what you needed!
Ez-Wedding? You have a great time! I took my friend out for birthday lunch at a mexican place and they had new menus that had fish taco! I hate sea food so of course I didn't try them but we are comming up in the world!
Mitchypoo-I hope your headache is gone I have had several this season also They have a lot of new meds for migraines that work a lot better. Don't worry about guy friday it will be his loss if he doen't call!
doitforme-how was work? now do you get several days off?
Sherry-how is your workout with your dd going? and do you have the goats off the bottle yet?

I pray you have a great week end and stay OP!

Zoe
06-21-2003, 02:58 PM
Hello Friends!!!

I'm here but just for a moment, just long enough to say hi to you's guys. My computer was JUST hooked up/connected only minutes ago. I have to run but will return later on tonight. I miss you all and can't wait to get back on a normal schedule.

Love of Christ to all,
Patti and Zoe <><

Angel-lover
06-21-2003, 03:41 PM
Thank all of you for such a warm welcome. Just a little dizzying:dizzy: trying to keep up, since I don't know everyone yet. I'm sure gonna have fun trying, though.;)

This is another blessing the Lord has given me! Hope all of you have a great weekend.:flow1:

Mitchypoo
06-22-2003, 07:54 PM
[COLOR=blue]Hello CEers :wave:,

Went to church this a.m. and it was as always a wonderful service. We're doing a study of human relationships and today was families. Well I felt a little left out, cuz my family is in CA and i don't have a fam at home (Except my sweet Simba dog!), but the pastor also mentioned us single people or people who haven't had children. He thought of us all.

I can't believe it (well kinda) but I've lost 8 lbs. in less than a week doing the low-carb thing. I know that will not last, the quickness of it, but i know that this works for me. And I feel better, already! :D

Mr.Rude (his new name) did call late Sat. night and left a message, he sounded totally different, said he was just getting off work, wasn't coming, sorry.......not sincere at all. I was wrong again....:(

Zoe, you thought of us when your puter was hooked up, how sweet! How are you surviving the move in?

Sami~wow your plate seems full with your kids and their concerns. I've said a prayer for all of you.

Have to go get some stuff for dinner and make some tuna salad for tomorrow.

Angel-lover
06-22-2003, 08:30 PM
http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/mix/wow1.gif That's a great weightloss! So happy for you.

Can I tell a blessing for today? I've been really down lately. (Not gonna go into a long story here.) My husband & I walked into the church this morning & found a former pastor & wife, who had come (quite a distance) just to see how we were doing! We couldn't believe it.....how we had missed them....thought & talked about them. After church, we took them out to eat & enjoyed the whole evening. They had no idea what had happened in our lives, but felt like they needed to come check on us! Isn't that just like the Lord to send someone special, just when you need them most!http://members.aol.com/sunbeliefs/scp1ani.gif

Hope all of you have a great week.

mrshummer
06-23-2003, 09:13 AM
Good Morning CEers!!!:wave:

How is everyone this morning? Sorry, I've kinda been MIA for a few days. We spent some time last week getting ready for the garage sale and then because of outside circumstances my friend that was having it at her house, cancelled. And then my dh came in and asked how long it would take me to pack the camper to go to the lake for a few days. Well, I can tell you, Kelli and I can pack pretty quickly if we are going camping so we left Thursday morning and went to the lake. :dancer: :cb: I had to work Thursday and Friday but just drove back in to see patients. It was so WONDERFUL to be at the lake again!!!! It was sad to see how very low the lake level is but I still enjoyed the view, the hummers, the other birds, and the quietness of no phones, no computer, no tv. AHHHH!!!! I'm a little less stressful now! :yes: :cp: :flow1:

Earlier last week we had finally whined the babies (goats) off the bottle so we have them on grain and grass now. I fed them when I came back into town in the mornings and then before leaving in the afternoons so they did fine. My little 6 year dd caught an 8 inch crappy and didn't understand why it wasn't a keeper. :lol: It was surely a BIG fish for her. The oldest beat her dad with the fishing this trip but none caught a good mess.

Kelli and I have been doing SUPER with our workouts at the wellness center. I just wish they were open on the weekends. We missed Thursday and Friday but will get back in the swing of things today. My little dd starts swimming lessons today so I will be picking her up at the school everyday about 11:20 and have to feed her, get her changed, take her to the pool and let her do her lessons, then try to get her either back to school or take her home for her sis to watch. It's really gonna make my day a lot longer. But Kelli and I are eating good, especially camping. We ate grilled meats, fresh fruits and vegetables and an occ serving of beans. I'm not seeing much loss yet but my body is definitely changing form with all the exercise. Yay!!!!

WELCOME ANGEL LOVER!!!!!:wave: Hope you will like it here!!! It's a wonderful bunch of Christians that lift you up when your down, give support, and inspiration when needed. Pull up a chair and stay a while. Welcome.

Michele~ Oh, what are we gonna do with those men of yours? Hang in there my friend, thing WILL get better!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON THE EIGHT LBS!!!!

Gary~ Your room sounds absolutely wonderful!!! I wish I had one of those rooms to go be quiet and listen to our Lord and Savior and also to craft. Just keep the tv out of there and you will cherish it even more. :yes:

Sami~ Praying that your dd will be much improved and that our Lord will carry you both through all of this and the surgery. HE IS IN CONTROL!!!! WTG with your staying OP with your eating. I'm proud of you!!!

Wilma~ WTG with the Curves! Yes, I can relate to being sore all over!!! I over did it Wednesday and was kinda glad not to go Thursday and Friday and give my body a time to recuperate. I did way to much upper body things like butterflies and my chest was in major pain. But I'm ready to go again. But slower. Keep up the good work!!!

Zoe~ Well, I guess this means you got moved. Good for you. Have fun decorating it all!!!

Well, I have to hit the showers and get the ball rolling this morning. Hope EVERYONE has a good day!!!!! Talk atcha later!!!!:wave:

EZMONEY
06-23-2003, 12:58 PM
HI LOOOOOSERS :)

Well I am back from the wedding-- All (almost) went well. It was one of the best ones I have ever been at-- real NICE ceremony and not too long, great appetizers served while all the pictures were taken, open bar!!, then a great lunch of roast beef- veggies that my DD replied "WOW" not only do they look good they taste good, not at all like the ones we get at school, several salads to choose from, a chicken dish with peppers that was awesome, and several desserts to choose from besides the wedding cake, of course I skipped that and had another beer:lol: I had 3 on the day and that was plenty for me. The music and dancing was a nice choice from the DJ of rock, disco, jazz and even a couple of country and BEST of all he played it loud enough to dance to BUT soft enough to talk over-- I just HATE it when you are at events like this and you can't visit with friends and family cause the music is overbearing. Oh, the only not so good part (probably why my BIL was still baching it at 40) he invited his buddies up to his honeymoon suite for pizza and drinks after the reception to watch the Lennox Lewis fight!! Not too smart:lol: His wife took it fairly well and they are off to the Carribean today.

ANGEL-LOVER Glad to see you here again. Isn't it great when we run into people unexpected that lift us up.

WILMA- Super on the CURVES!! I hope your Saturday turned out OK with the wind and company.

ZOE- Glad to see you got the computer going again-- looking forward to news on the new house.

SAMI- Hey girl just try a fish taco:D Actually if it is good it is very good but if it isn't a good fish taco they can be horrible! The DD cyst problem news is much better thank goodness. About the 16 yr. old -- just keep trying and praying-- sometimes there isn't alot you can do-- you can't be with them 24/7.

SHERRY- Wow an unexpected camping trip for you, how exciting. I am so glad you are on such a great run at the wellness center-- do this for the next 3 months and you will see such awesome success that you won't want to quit!! I promise. Oh, by the way my new room is a NO tv room for sure! It was too hard for me to study the bible during commercials!!

MICHELE-MICHELE What in the heck is up with these guys girl!? They don't deserve you that is for sure. Great job on 8 pound loss!

Well it is rainy here today-- the 3rd day of summer already and I am not sure spring ever really came-- I will say however that the weather hasn't been real good here but not too bad either-- just plain weired!!

Have a great day ladies- Gary

Mitchypoo
06-23-2003, 02:28 PM
Hello,

Gary~Glad you had a good time at the wedding! Sounds like a really nice set-up. Except...........what was your brother thinking??!! On his WEDDING Day?! :) Oy!

Having another good day OP! :dance:

Sherry~Your camping trip sounds wonderful! Glad you had fun, you deserve it!

wilma12
06-24-2003, 09:38 AM
I have only 1/2 a day of work today. I worked a Saturday morning so now I get to take an afternoon off. I'm looking forward to it. I'm going for lunch with a friend and then I'm having some me-time. I also plan on cooking a nutritious dinner.

I was looking forward to the lettuce and spinach growing in my garden. On the weekend I found a bunny in the yard and he decided he needed them more than me. So, it's back to the store for my salad fixings.

I am loving Curves. I'm not even finding it hard to be there at 7:00 a.m.

Gary: It sounds like your b-i-l married a saint. I don't know how well I would have taken that!!

mrshummer: Glad to see you again. It sounds like you've been busy. I would love to spend a weekend at the lake. We just don't seem to have time for that these days. We do take day trips though so I get a bit of a taste of camping.

Angel-lover: Isn't it great how God looks after us even when we don't ask for Him to? Hope you're having a great day.

Michele: WTG on the weight loss. Keep up the great work.

Have a wonderful day!

doitforme
06-24-2003, 09:54 AM
Welcome angel-lover thses guys are great listeners, they do prayer requests, and are super people, which you will soon discover. I been gone just a few days and I had two full pages to catch up on. Wilma thanks for the sun/heat. It is suppose to be in the 90's this week. Summer may finally be here. Yeah! I like my air conditioner when I am not near a pool. Glad you got yours fixed. Good luck at curves.
Mitchy congrats on the 8 pounds way to go, gary is right the right guy will come along. E.Z. your room sounds wonderful, and the wedding sounds like it went well. I think I probably would have been a tad upset, if my husband did that, on what is suppose to be your day! Sami- sorry to here about your dd, will keep her in my prayers, and don't get discouraged your doing great and I love the new attitude, you sound like you feel much better. Zoe welcoome back I am sure your busy with the new house, so exciting. Mrs. Hummer. I am right there with you, camping is wonderfully relaxing. glad to hear your doing well at the wellness center, great job. I gotta run, will check in tom. see ya.

Angel-lover
06-24-2003, 02:30 PM
http://members.aol.com/gardenmail/anichgr3.gif Thanks for the reply Wilma & Sue. Yes, I've found this to be a very nice thread to post on. Also, yes, the Lord always knows what we need even before we know ourselves!

Since you mentioned prayer requests.....our house burned this past November. Kitchen & Diningroom burnt & the rest of the house was a total mess. Our insurance co gave us a lot of trouble, & ended up having to get a lawyer, just for payment. Still not enough, but we settled.

Trying to make a long story short here.....My husband is doing most of the building back alone. We've had a little help with children....they do what they can, but also have lives of their own. We are living in a (very)small camper trailer beside our house. We are trying to accept what has been dealt to us.....but winter is going to catch us, I'm afraid, very unprepared. The camper is a loan(Lord bless him)from a friend. We don't want to take advantage of him, though. We want to get it back as soon as we can.

All that will.....I'm asking you to pray for us. We're not asking for a mansion. It was an older house anyway. We just want a house back. I'm sure there's a reason for all of this. Don't know if I will ever know what it is, though. We've lived through a nightmare. Only if you've had a fire, can you imagine what we've been through trying to salvage little things that meant so much.

I said I was going to make a long story short......sorry. Guess I just needed to vent a little. Guess I should pray more & vent less!

Hope all have a good day.http://www.sunsetangel.com/angels/graphics/angel203.gif

sami
06-25-2003, 01:49 AM
Blessing today! It is quiet here today my to older kids were working and my middle two went to kings Island with a good friend of mine. So I had to take my two youngest to Grandma's because there was no one home to watch them durning the day. I colored my hair a new shade and it looks so good with my tan I have! And the shirt I wore to work today I realized was really starting to be big on me! I did get on the scale and it said the same as the other one (but this one weights 3lbs heavier so that would mean another 3 lb loss). My DD is doing better her cyst is still draining but she is much better. Just keep my 16 yr old in your prayers she has this one girl friend who is really troubled and this girl keeps comming around. I feel sorry for her but she drags my DD down with her problems. (I am trying to keep them apart)
Angel lover-I will keep you in my prayers. I know what you must be going through my Mom's house burned to the ground while we were out of town at a funeral (her favorite nephews) She lost her beloved dog but by the grace of God my Mom for some unknown reason move all her pictures to her room and that room was the only room we were able to save anything from. She also had problems with the insurance company (they gave her names of people to rebuild who way under bid. So she ended up buying a new house but then she had trouble getting homeowners because she had a fire! A big HUG for you.
EZ-That must have been some wedding! Your new SIL must be speical because I would have kicked out the guys!
Sherry-So glad things are looking up for you! What a fun thing to do together with your DD!
Mitchypoo-a great big L for loser guy! It is his loss! Keep on working out and make him eat his heart out!
Wilma-I had to laugh because that is what happens to my garden everytime I try to plant one! Keep up the good work at curves!
doitforme-How is the camping? I am feeling so much better. And when I have a tough day I just let it roll off.

I am keeping this group in my prayers,

Mitchypoo
06-25-2003, 09:03 AM

Happy Wednesday! Well, my weightloss has slowed down but that is OK, I'm staying at 10 lbs. in less than a week. I'm eating good, and best of all, i'm feeling good. I'm not waking up feeling like I have a hangover, that's what sugar does to me. And my pants are fitting better. I'm getting in lots of water. And I'm feeling more energetic although that's still a problem. I'll go in maybe tomorrow to have my blood work done to check thyroid.

Angel-lover, yes you and family will be in my prayers. Wow, it must be devastating dealing with a fire and then the aftermath.
My cousins friend last year lost their house totally to fire, everything burned but the brick and an office in the basement. The dog saved the family by allerting them. She too had trouble with the insurance company, they became very nitpicky and she had to prove every single item she had. They want date of purchase, model, color, size, enough to drive anyone crazy. :dizzy: But it WILL work out, so don't worry. It sounds like you are blessed with good friends and family.

I must get off of here and get ready for work. It's rainy here and we've had lots of tornado and sever storm watch's since yesterday. It gets a little annoying after awhile. We have it scrolling on TV too.

Have a great day! :dance:

mrshummer
06-25-2003, 09:44 AM
Good Morning CEers!!!!:wave:

How is everyone this morning? I am moving sluggishly and I'm tired. Yesterday was my day off but I was everything but off. Kelli and her friend celebrated by getting makeovers and then going to the movies. I ran everywhere, back and forth all day long. I counted and without doing any patients, I stopped and started my car 24 times yesterday!!!!! Whew!!!!! :dizzy: But the girls had a GREAT time and we went and saw Finding Nemo which was a real cute movie. It had good storyline and no cussing. Yay!!!! Don't find those much anymore. I took many picture of the girls all "dolled" up following their hair cut and styled, makeup, pedicures, and manicures. Wow! They looked so beautiful!!!!

Please say a little prayer for me. I've been real down the last few days and frustrated. My dh and I have had some problems and it's really made me stop and think things over. I really love my dh but right now, I guess I could say I don't really like him. He has said some things that have hurt me really deeply and I'm not sure if I can ever be where we were before. It's all made me stop and reflect on our lives. Some of you remember that he used to be a deacon in our church and a teacher and then all of a sudden he just up and quit going and hasn't gone back but maybe a handful of times since in 3 years. The kids and I continued to go until the last few months and I miss it sooooooooo much and so do the kids. Now the problem......because of some things that happened, he has forbid us to go back to our old church because of some of the problems there. But that church is where my heart is and the kids too. I've been trying to get him to agree to go visit some other churches. So far he's not willing. And I'm not sure I have the gumption to do it without him. My heart is so heavy, and I'm really sadder than I remember being in a long time. I've cried for several days now, when I have had the time. Monday especially was bad, but I was too busy yesterday. I have even tried to talk him into going to a Christian counselor but he refuses and says that he doesn't have a problem, I do. Well, maybe that's true but in my opinion if things aren't right between us then he also has a problem. But he doesn't see that he's done anything wrong and that's it's all in my head. Does anybody out there understand this? If I wasn't of sound mind and didn't love my kids so much, I could see where someone in my shoes could end it all. I feel like I am hitting my head against a very thick brick wall. And getting no where. And I don't feel I have anywhere to turn. I don't what to burden any of my friends with this and I really can't afford counseling on my own. Please pray for me and my family.

I'm sorry to be so gloomy today. Please forgive me. I will try to write later. I must go now. Thanks to you all for always giving me a kind word or some inspiration to keep going whether you knew it or not. ;)

Angel-lover
06-25-2003, 01:16 PM
http://members.aol.com/gardenmail/grchgr1.gifHello Sami. Feels good when those clothes are getting looser, doesn't it?! Good for you! Thank you for your prayers. I hope your mom is doing well now. Yes, we had contractors sent in to underbid, also. All kinds of problems.

http://www.sunsetangel.com/angels/graphics/angel1.gifMitchypoo.... the weightloss does slow down a bit, most of the time, after you've been on a diet awhile. Although, I believe I was still losing in inches, even the weeks I didn't lose. The main thing is try to maintain what you have, so when you go back to losing, you won't have weight accumalated, to make up for. Sounds like you're doing well. Thanks for your prayers. Yes, we also had to get proof of everything in house, color, material, etc. .....5 times! They could never be pleased. It was in November(very cold), no power in the house, wet from firehoses, smokey, etc. I had to do all this alone, so hubby could work. Of course, had to go find replacements as near to it as possible, & do the same with it, just to get replacement costs. Of course, they depreciated all property, & even depreciated our house by almost $10,000! Houses aren't suppose to depreciate! My advice is read policy or have a lawyer read it, before you buy. And by all means, take videos & pics of everything in your house & put in a fireproof safe!

http://members.aol.com/sunbeliefs/refuge.gif Mrshummer....I'm so sorry. I will be praying for you. I would highly suggest that you go to church (somewhere) regular. You need it & your children need it. I know it must be very hard to go without your husband, but you really need the strength you can get from church & friends there. Remember the story of when you can't carry yourself, He will carry you? Right now, you need to let Him carry you. Also, if your husband sees you staying out of church, he may completely give up on going. Hold on........don't give up. You may have to get counseling without him. At least, someone would be there to advise you more on how to handle things. Don't feel like you are a burden to friends. If they are real friends, they want to be there for you & you need them now. Any time you want to post here & talk, or email me, I'll be glad to listen & pray with you. http://home.att.net/~scorh2/Flower03f2.gif

EZMONEY
06-25-2003, 08:44 PM
HI LADIES :)

Hope all is well with you gals. The wife and I just got home from our monthly Costco trip-- I swear we could buy another house on what we spend on drinks (big bottles of water, sport bottles of water, soda, Snapple, juice for the kids, juice for dad (beer:lol: ) coffee, tea and V8).
Been busy at work but took today off to paint the interior of a house the church owns- my brother and I. Wasn't too long of a day so that was cool- especially when it is donated:o

WILMA- I made my veggie beds out of plaster and block- they are 6' long 3' wide and 3' high so that SOME of the critters stay out. I have a fence around my yard but they are clever- usually they stay next door as the neighbor lady, recently deceased, had alot of openings in her yard. Great with the curves- next year the only curves we will be talking about are the ones on your body:yes:

SHERRY I am so sorry about the problem with DH- I wish there was some great advice I could give you-- I know sometimes we are to just go ahead and do what is right-- however it needs to be at the right time- in other words when all else has failed-- the worse thing we can do is try to push someone to the Lord-- since it is a free gift and each one has to choose for themselves we have to be careful-- I know from my divorce years ago that you can't make anyone do something- even if they agree you are right! I remember my Ex. telling my Pastor ' I know Gary, you and God are right, BUT, this is what I am going to do!" God allows us to stray-- of course it makes it much harder coming back but that is the only way some of us learn. The only thing I can say dear is if he doesn't care if you and the kids go then by all means GET THE GUMPTION!!!! and do it, then just casually WITHOUT pressure invite him back. In my prayers always!!!!;)

ANGEL-LOVER I am sorry for your troubles with the fire- you will be in my prayers! I have learned alot on what information to have in case it happens to my house- what a mess you guys had/have.

MICHELE- So glad you are feeling much better- see what happens when you don't have one of us guys to worry about:lol: Great job on maintaining a good diet- that is the key. I saw the weather on the news this morning-- TAKE COVER!!

SAMI- What a nice break for a little while from all the kids. It doesn't matter what the scales says dear- it sounds like you feel alot better about the way you look and that is what is important-- wow! a tan and new hair color- woo-woo! bet the DH is excited!! Of course you know the kids and I don't but have you though of not forbidding your daughter of seeing the one girl (you know they will find a way if they want , to see each other) and in stead inviting her over often and showing her the good examples? I am sure you have- in my prayers.

Well the wife says it is time for dinner- orange roughy, steamed veggies, warm roasted garlic loaf bread and basmanti rice-

IN CHRIST- Gary

wilma12
06-25-2003, 10:43 PM
Hi everyone! With my mornings changed because of my time spent at Curves I don't get on here as easily. I sweet talked DS into giving me a couple of minutes on here so I could connect with you.

I had the afternoon off yesterday and enjoyed the time off. I went shopping and then came home an cooked dinner. Chicken with barbeque sauce, cauliflower and Rice a Roni. Loved the chicken and cauliflower but didn't enjoy the rice very much. Oh well, can't have everything. Today I had a piece of the leftover chicken in my salad. YUM!

Gary: I find it funny that I didn't have a problem out in the country where most critters live but here in the city I get a cute little bunny. Oh well, at least he'll be healthy. I'll have to change my strategy.

mrshummer: I'm so sorry for the pain you're going through. Please be patient with him and show him the love you have for him. Maybe if he knows that you are there for him and won't hurt him he'll open up to you. Praying for you!

michele: Don't you love the energy? Tonight I didn't even feel like sitting around so I cooked up a spagetti sauce and made a snack for the kids and their friends for tomorrow. Keep up the great work!

sami: You sound like a new person. What colour is your hair now? I am proud of you and the changes you're making in your life. I agree with Gary about letting your daughter have her friend over only to your place. That way you can monitor them and also be a Godly influence on her.

angel-lover: What a mess you have to experience. I'm praying that things will work themselves out for you.

doitforme: Great to hear from you. Keep in touch.

Well, I should get going. Good night!

Angel-lover
06-25-2003, 11:38 PM
http://www.members.aol.com/teejaw/smilies/Blackstuff.gif Hi Gary...you made me thirsty with all that drinking.LOL Thank you very much for your prayers...some days/weeks are worse than others. Seems never-ending sometimes.http://members.aol.com/gardenmail/anilights4.gif

http://emoticons4u.informationalot.com/cartoon/1242.gif Hi Wilma....glad you enjoyed that meal. We don't enjoy all the meals we eat on a diet, do we?! Thank you so much for your prayers, also.
http://www.sunsetangel.com/angels/graphics/angelbasket.gif

sami
06-26-2003, 10:16 AM
Hello Praying that your having a great day! I am working late today to do an orientation I think I have 10 people tonight. I have a lot of last min things to do because I am taking friday off. I have had 4 three day weekends off in a row and I will have next friday off also. I have a lot of Vac time saved up because I have been with the company so long. My oldest DD loves her new job!!! And they found a Apt to live in that is real nice. So the good Lord is blessing them.
EZ-I don't forbid the girl from comming over because I know they would find a way. I have just keep her from going with the girl. And I try really hard not to dog the girl in front of my DD but I do talk about some of the things the girl does that brings on her troubles. Like she was braging that when her Mom grounds her she leaves anyway! And I will say to Staci You know I would go after you and bring you back! She laughs (but so far she has been talking very open with me)
Angel lover-I am Praying that things are so much better. My Mom is doing Great now. I can look back and see the Lords hand everywhere through her tough times. When someone from our church had a fire the whole church pulled together and helped them. Talk to the pastor and see if maybe on Sat a group can get together to help. People like to help but they need to be ask because they feel like they are butting in if they don't get ask.
Wilma-My hair is a reddish copper (my real real color is light brown with a lot of red to it) But I am pretty tan so the red really looks good with my really green eyes. I am going to up my work out to see if I can boost my weight loss. I will start Fri. I have been measuring every Sunday and I have lost 3 inches in my hips!!!! and I need to remember that eating healthy has made me feel so good so I don't fall off the wagon again!
Sherry-My heart goes out to you. {{{{HUG}}}} EZ is right you can't make someone do what is right. Remember my friend I told you about that walked out on his wife and 5 kids the spread terrible tales about his wife to justify why he did it. They went to counsling but when someone has closed thier heart all you can do is keep them in your Prayers. I pray that you will go to church because I know you will find encouragment there. And don't feel bad comming to us. Remember the LORD has brought this group together and we are here to encourage each other and Pray for each other. We Love you and we are here for you!
Mitchypoo-sounds like we are in the same boat with the weight loss I have up my cals a litte these last few days (all healthy) and I am going to up my activity.

I am asking for prayer for my Aunt who was just told she has cancer. I hope to find out more today.

Angel-lover
06-26-2003, 04:03 PM
http://home.att.net/~scorh2/Angel1t.gif Hi Sami....thanks for the reply. Our church is very small & most are up in age....not able to work on our house. They were very generous to help us financially, when it caught us unprepared (of course.) A lot of friends helped. As for friends....I do volunteer work at a christian tv station & they held a Saturday work day at our house. It was embarrassing, though, that the only ones from our family was our children. My husband has a large, close family. We thought they would be here helping us. Got very disappointed in them. His younger brother helps (when we can pay him), otherwise , we're on our own. See, that's one reason we need prayer so badly. I'm in bad health, so not much help. I sit here watching my husband come in from work, very tired. Then he starts to work on the house & doesn't stop until bedtime. When it first happened, everyone was here, promising help. I guess they got tired of waiting for the ins to pay. I don't know. I'm afraid I'm losing faith in people. I've always loved his family so much. (I really don't have any family, to speak of)My husband has done so much for all of them. Of course, he didn't expect things in return......but he could use some help. I just don't understand.

Sorry for such a long post. Trying to explain is hard to do in just 2 or 3 sentences. That's one reason I stay on the computer so much & stay occupied. There's really nothing else to do here & I'm fighting depression (which is why I gained weight). Just pray for us, please.

I'll be praying for you Aunt...I'm so sorry. Also, about your daughter's situation. We raised 3 daughters & one son, so I know what you're talking about. God bless you.http://home.att.net/~scorh3/Flower04a7.gif

mrshummer
06-27-2003, 09:40 AM
Morning CEers!!!!:wave:

Thank you to each and everyone of you that sent your support and prayers my way. I have done a lot of praying and reflecting on God's word and have been convicted about going to church Sunday with the kids but as of yet I'm not sure which church. I'm still praying on that one and that answer hasn't become clear yet. Things are still very strained and I am licking my wounds. We don't seem to even be able to have a civil conversation. God is the ONLY one who can turn this around. One of the bad things in this situation is that we live in a very small town where everyone knows everyone. I don't want other folks thinking bad of my dh. I'm not sure what his problems are but he is a wonderful man in the general sense.

Angel-lover~ God is carrying me as we speak. Yes, we will be getting back into church this Sunday, somewhere. Thank you.

Gary~ I'm getting the gumption back. I'm normally a very strong person but somehow I have weakened. Probably the lack of going to church lately.

Michele~ Thank you so very much my special friend. If I need to, you will hear from me.

Sami~ Thanks for your kind words! And the hug. :yes:

Wilma~ Yes, I'm trying to be kind and lovable. Thanks.

Thanks to you all!!!! God has blessed me with such sweet friends!!! Please continue to pray because, the old devil will try to interfere you know, and it isn't Sunday yet. Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!!!!!!

Angel-lover
06-27-2003, 10:39 AM
Mrshummer......Praying for you daily. http://members.aol.com/gardenmail/irchgr65.gif

EZMONEY
06-27-2003, 11:39 AM
HI LOOOSERS-- :)

Waiting for my brother to come so we can car pool-- wife has already taken off to teach summer school- the kids don't want to be there so it is making it difficult. Summer school in our area isn't like it used to be-- I remember going to do fun stuff- these days it is only for kids that are failing-- most of them refuse to do anything or at least NOT MUCH of anything.

ANGEL-LOVER- I am sorry it has taken so long for your house to be rebuilt-- I do know that we all have our own lives to live and that often times after the newness of a sickness, death or circumstances such as yours, people become numb to the situation- especially if it isn't directly facing them. I know when the first few boys died in the Freedom Iraq war I was devestated and cried- now I hardly raise my eyes from the newspaper when the latest casualties are announced. It is unfortunate but that is the way we are. We all want to be there for someone in their time of need but often we aren't. I will pray for help for you and your husband.

SHERRY I know it can't be easy talking with someone who doesn't really want to talk to you- been there- I think as long as you focus on not to get in an argument, and yet hold on to your respect, you will be ok. If he doesn't care if you and the kids go to church then go and just keep trying them until you find the one for you. Wait for your husband to ask about it- don't try to encourage (bug) him to come- God will be pulling on him-- all we can do is change ourselves- others have to change themselves if they want and sadly often times they don't want to. Oh and I pretty much don't care what people think of me!! small town or not. Prayers- P.S. How is it going at the wellness center-- don't say you aren't going- that is one thing you can do!!

SAMI- I am happy DD loves her new job- I missed on what it is. As far as the 16 yr. old- sounds like you have a great line on the situation- it takes time- all you can do is plant seeds like inviting and taking to youth groups, etc. Sometimes kids brag because it makes them feel special- which means someone else isn't making them feel that way. Prayers for your aunt- cancer sucks- been in my family alot. Sounds like you are going to be the hottie mommy for the wedding- maybe DH can take you on a second honeymoon:)

WILMA- Hey girl- if going to Curves keeps you from posting as much, TOO DAMN BAD!! that is way more important-- I hope to never see you post again:lol: Well not really, maybe you can in between bunny hunts.

Well I hear my brother in the garage- Have a great day-

IN CHRIST- Gary

lisa canty
06-27-2003, 05:56 PM
Greetings brothers and sisters in Christ,
I am new to SB came across the board am very happy about this.
I need help in understanding this WOE. I have been doing this for almost two weeks and have not lost a pound.Any advice you can give. I feel I have been eating the way I am to be eating. I could really use some Help! In Christ, Lisa

EZMONEY
06-27-2003, 07:39 PM
Welcome Lisa-

Just checking in before the wife and I head to a jazz concert in the park- we have them all summer here, it is free and the music is great- a different group each friday and saturday, around 2,000 go so you need to get there early for parking. Taking our wine and cheese and bruschetta-- gonna snob it up! I think my son and some of his friends are going tonight too-- Later, Gary

Angel-lover
06-27-2003, 08:04 PM
http://www.charlotteborden.tvheaven.com/images/borderset3welcome.gifLisa.....glad you joined us! I'm new here, too. What kind of diet are you on? I'm just going by my own made-up thing each day. It's working....lost 18 lbs since end of April. One thing, drink a LOT of water. I mean a LOT!! Exercising is always good...but I'm not able, so you can lose anyway. I eat a lot of fruit & veggies. If I want something...I eat it, but only a little. I pick one night a week(tonight's my night,yay!) to eat whatever I want. If you slip up & don't stick to diet one day....don't beat yourself up over it. Just get back on track the next day. Remember, you're gonna get stuck once in awhile...be patient & stay with what you're doing, it'll kick back in again! I wish you lots of luck. When you need support, get on here & holler, I check in every day! Good luck!!

Hi Gary...thanks for the prayers. I know what you're saying about friends & family...but it still hurts. Just pray for us. Oh, & since you mentioned Iraq....we have a son-in-law there. My daughter & 2 grandchildren need prayer. My son-in-law finally got a call in to my daughter & he was very, very depressed. He says they all are. They are miserable & morale is very low. Please, please, pray for them. The war was declared over, but the fighting isn't. Not by far!! Hope you & son enjoy your evening. God bless you. http://coolclips.com/religion/christian/images/christian_anim1484_NVTech.com.gif

wilma12
06-29-2003, 11:21 AM
Good Morning! It's a lovely day today. I'm ready for church and have a few minutes to spare before leaving. We are feeling more and more at home in our new church. My sons are both getting involved which makes it even more attractive.

I've been doing well with my exercising and need to improve on my WOE and water. I feel a lot better than I have in a long while and am starting to feel energy returning. I love to exercise first thing in the morning - something I wouldn't have thought I would do a few years ago.

Sami: You're doing so well. 3 inches off the hips. How many dress sizes did you go down? thanks for being my inspiration!

Angel-lover: I'll be praying for you. It's hard to not be depressed when you go above and beyond for others but they don't return the favor. You will be blessed for what you do though and God notices.

Gary: How are things going with you? Are you still trying to lose some weight or are you where you want to be? How was your evening at the park? Sounds romantic!

Lisa: A big welcome to you. Let us know what you're doing to lose weight and maybe we can help.

Gotta go! Have a wonderful sunday!

Mitchypoo
06-29-2003, 12:06 PM

Happy Sunday!!

Welcome Lisa ~ You are most welcome to just join in.

Well, I LOVE the new parttime job at the insurance agency! They are paying me more than the other 2 jobs, i like the work and i feel productive and that i can be an asset there. The owner who is my mom's friend from gradeschool is so nice. But she is not very comfortable on the computer and she's hoping I can set up things for her and teach her how to use the computer too. Yesterday I set up an accounting system for her husbands carwash and we're now entering all transactions for the year 2002. I suggested we do it this way and i showed her how easy it could be and the reports that she could have for her accountant and she loved it! She has multiple businesses and they all need this work done. I'm hoping maybe she'll want me full-time. And I have an office! How great is that?

I'm not making it to church today, having female problems and going to rest a little today.

Angel-lover, i certainly will pray for your daughter and SIL in Iraq. I'm sure we can't even imagine what they are going through. I am writing to a soldier and he can't tell me where he is, but i worry about him too.

I'm down 13 lbs. as of today! :dance: I'm so happy!

Mitchypoo
06-29-2003, 12:12 PM
Oops, I forgot to tell you! I went to the horse show Friday night at the fairgrounds and when leaving, we saw Jesse Ventura! He was talking to a guy and i heard his voice and I knew it was him. He is really big! Good looking in my opinion. But it made sense he'd be there cuz his wife is a big horse person and she gives a lot to the organization my friend volunteers for. They do riding therapy for physically and mentally challenged kids. Anyway, i didn't go introduce myself and my mother says I should have. I'm wary of celebs because of seeing Barry Manilow in Palm Springs about 20 years ago. He was right in front of me in line at a frame shop and i recognized him and asked him for his autograph. I didn't make a scene but he was so rude, he just grabbed my book, signed and practically threw it back at me. I've been scarred ever since! :) Mom says I shouldn't let that ick stop me. She's probably right.

Gary, how was the jazz concert? It sounds lovely.

lisa canty
06-30-2003, 11:57 AM
Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I am doing a diet called sugarbusters, has anybody heard of it or is on it. It is a low sugar diet,no starches you may eat protein,fruits veggies. I found this board through the sugarbusters web site. It is a diet based on low glycemic index.I have been on it for two weeks now I have not lost anything, but I am going to stick to it for a while longer.
I just hope I am doing ti correctly! Any suggestions will be a help t be. Take care all. IN Christ, Lisa

Angel-lover
06-30-2003, 01:03 PM
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/mittelgrosse/medium-smiley-043.gif Lisa......

I've heard of sugar-busters, but don't know anything about it. I think you're right to stay with it awhile. There's a lot of diet plans that take a few weeks to start showing a weightloss. They usually teach you a healthy way to eat & the weight stays off. I should be on some kind of plan, but as usual, I'm just doing it on my own, which means I'll probably gain it back. I'm losing slowly, though, which is good. Tends to stay off better that way. I've lost 20 lbs since the end of April.

If I come across anything on it that might help...I'll send it your way. In the meantime, keep posting & let us know how you're doing.

Have a nice day.http://home.att.net/~scorh3/Angel2l.gif

Mitchypoo
06-30-2003, 08:34 PM

Welcome Lisa! So nice to have some new people on the thread. I've heard of Sugarbusters and have seen the book but I haven't read it. I would suggest you give it some time and don't give up. I know you can do it! It sounds similar to Atkins being low-carb. Atkins is what I am doing.

I am still on program! I picked some blackberries and i didn't even have any. I froze them and i'll enjoy them when I can.

I made a great thing yesterday. I took a lb. of mild italian sausage and cooked it up. I got large mushrooms and took off the stems and chopped the stems and put in the sausage to saute. You can spray the large mushrooms with cooking spray. Then i added a cream cheese to the cooked meat and about 3-4 green onions, sliced thin. Stir it up. Put on top of the mushrooms and then top with parmesan cheese and bake for about 20-25 minutes at 350. They are yummy! And totally low carb and on program for induction.

I'm stressed again, have too much to do and not enough time. But i did get my bloodwork done finally.

What shall I have for dinner?...:?: I think i'll make a salad and try making a vinagrette with some tarragon vinegar that I got at the farmer's market. And i'll heat up a chicken breast to go with it.

EZMONEY
06-30-2003, 08:56 PM
HI LADIES :)

I just got home from work and my wife is out having a late lunch with an old friend of hers that came into town for the day. Well thanks for asking, the concert in the park went really well-- there was an easy 2,000 people there but plenty of room. The music was good and we took good food and beverages-- my son and his friends, boys and girls enjoyed it too! We won't be able to go for the next 2 weeks because of the 4th (my wife doesn't want to hassle with the extra large crowd there) and a wedding the following week-- there will be more though every Friday until the end of Augus, different parks as they rotate through the city.
Went to church Saturday night so that we could go to the county fair on Sunday-- the San Diego County Fair is quite large but the wife and I can get trough the stuff we want fairly quickly-- we had to rush a little extra this time though because we had a graduation party to go to.

ANGEL-LOVER I will say prayers for your SIL and family-- this war will never be over! I think for our own safety it was something that needed done though. I hope the house is having successes in the last few days.

WILMA- Great job on the exercise at Curves. My weight is still the same- I have not been on the eliptical for 2 weeks though because of the extra work in my new room and working on the week-ends the last few weeks (O.K. O.K. so I got lazy:lol: ) You are my new hero ( are you listening Zoe?)!!

MICHELE- Hey you knucklehead, that dish sounds tasty BUT sausage and cream cheese? What about those calories? You must be doing something right losing those 13 pounds girl!! Great work. I am glad to hear that the new job is going well-- things are starting to look up, now about those boys......

LISA- These gals will really help you out on your diet and encouragement!!!

Well gonna head off and clean-up-- it was sure hot here today and boy do I stink:lol:

Later Ladies- In His Love, Gary

Mitchypoo
07-01-2003, 12:12 AM
I know Gary, it is not low calorie, but when doing low-carb you are not doing low calorie. It sounds bad but it isn't and it's worked for me, 14 lbs. so far! :dance:

sami
07-01-2003, 12:33 AM
GOOD EVENING! I have to make this quick because it is getting late and I need my beauty sleep! lol Sorry I have been away but I have been working out!!!!!! And we had a few grad parties to go to. I am having my sons on July 13th. Then July 27th we are having my DD bridal shower! And the best thing is I have not even cheated and had CAKE and that is a weakness for me!!! This past Sunday was a big encouragment for me because I bought this really nice suit and have not been able to fit into it and Sunday I wore it to Church (I have had it for a year!) I think I am really going to make it! I have not been on the scale I am going to wait until Sunday but I have lost more inches! Lisa A big Welcome to you. I hope I don't sound bragging I am so happy because this last few years I have had so many health problems and but sticking to my diet I am for the first time in a LOOOOONNNGGG time feeling good. I know this and I don't know why I would cheat and and go back to feeling so bad? It reminds me of that passage that say "Why do I keep doing the things I don't want to do? And the things I want to do I don't do?" You will find some really speical friends here that have really carried me through some tough times. Wilma,EZ Mitchypoo,Sherry,Doitforme,Angellover,Zoe and Lisa I am Lifting you up in Prayer!

May the Pease of the Lord be with you always,

Angel-lover
07-01-2003, 05:37 PM
Hi everybody.....not gonna post much today. Not feeling very well. http://www.jeffpylenz.com/INCREDIMAIL%20VOL.2/HOTLETTERS/Groaner.gif Want to thank all of you for your prayers & still praying for all of you.http://www.sunsetangel.com/angels/graphics/angel131.jpg

sami
07-01-2003, 08:02 PM
Angel lover -I pray that You are feeling better! I am praying for you SIL and Family I think that Country will take awhile to be put back together.
Wilma-How is the curves going?
Mitchypoo-So glad the Job is going better. My DD Loves her New Job also.
Ez-I just got free tickets to see Peter Gabriel I have no Ideal who this is but my husband said go a head and get the tickets if they were free!
Zoe-Praying things are getting settled in the new house.
Sherry-You are in my prayers. I have had you on my mind a lot and I am praying that things are going better. We are here for you! Let us know how you are doing.

Have a blessed evening!

EZMONEY
07-01-2003, 09:52 PM
HI CE'ers :twirly:

I am waiting for the wife to cook pasta- thin spaghetti with cherry tomatoes from our garden, olive oil, garlic, fresh basil from our garden, and parmesan cheese. Nice and light for the hot day we have had here today-- according to the paper it is hot everywhere!

The son has a play-off basketball game tonight so I will be heading to that, it is a late one:mad: But at least they made the play-offs.

SAMI- Hey, Peter gabriel is good. He had songs like Games without frontiers, shock the monkey, sledgehammer-- He was the lead singer of Genesis-- been around over 20 years. I am sooo glad you are feeling better!! it was touch and go for a while wasn't it? You are doing sooo good-- I am making you my hero now along with Wilma:) What job did DD get? So you are going to be a party animal this summer, huh?!!

MICHELE Hey babe whatever works is what you should be doing!!! As long as it is healthy. Have a great day at work tomorrow.

ANGEL-LOVER I hope this finds you feeling better:balloons:

Well hi to Wilma, Sherry, Zoe, doitformeSue,Lisa and the rest.

Later, In Christ, Gary

wilma12
07-02-2003, 09:37 AM
I have time for a short post today. It's been a hectic couple of days. I had a friend over night on Monday and then my parents showed up and are here for night now. We have a funeral to go to today. My uncle passed away. I didn't know him very well but I am taking a couple of hours off to go to the funeral this afternoon. I didn't go to Curves this morning because of all this but I plan on taking my workout clothes with me and go after work if I feel like I can handle it all. Supper tonight is leftovers and that suits me just fine.

I've read all your posts and it looks like everyone's on track. Have a wonderful day!

lisa canty
07-02-2003, 03:04 PM
HI ato all,
Its been two weeks and the scale does not want to move I have not cheated and am following the plan. Please pray for me that I will not become discouraged. Thank you all for your repies and welcomes.Love In Christ, Lisa

Angel-lover
07-02-2003, 09:22 PM
http://www.dewa.com/animated/LosAngeles/ani-hello.gif Thank you Sami & Gary for your prayers. I am a little better, today. I liked those balloons, Gary.:)

Lisa, please don't get discouraged. There must be some reason why you're not losing. I don't know anything about that kind of diet, but surely someone does. Is it a group you go to? Did you find it somewhere? If it's a group, maybe you can talk to someone there. If it's a diet you found...there should be an 800 number to call.

Not every diet works for everyone either. It may be the wrong one for you. I tried weight watcher once. Stayed on the plan faithfully. My husband & children lost weight. I didn't lose an oz.!

Everyone is different. I'm not saying this one isn't for you...I don't know. But after 2 weeks, you might need to check it out somewhere.

I wish you lots of luck, & if I find anything on it..I'll post it for you.http://home.att.net/~scorh3/Sunbonnet01l2.gif

Angel-lover
07-03-2003, 07:35 PM
http://fla.fg-a.com/usaCa.gifWANT TO WISH ALL OF YOU A HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!! http://image.fg-a.com/Firew14a.gif http://www.members.aol.com/teejaw/smilies/Fireworks2.gif http://image.fg-a.com/Firew14a.gif http://image.fg-a.com/Firew14a.gif http://www.members.aol.com/teejaw/smilies/Fireworks2.gifhttp://www.members.aol.com/teejaw/smilies/Fireworks2.gif

Gutchie
07-03-2003, 11:41 PM
I'm still out here gals/guys.
Southern Ontario Joanne is finally back on track.
3.6 pound loss this week, almost 10 pounds now in the 12 weeks back on WW's program.
I think I'm finally getting this "life change" way of eating, it is a life change indeed, not a diet. Don't you hate that word diet? Add fat to that list of hated words.

I'm so far behind in your lives, SORRY !!!!
I Pray your well, but I will go looking at your postings to catch up.

Everything here on the farm is going well. Will & Gracie are now 4 months old and full of the devil. We've made the decision to breed our Quarter Horse Classy to a Paint, hopefully she will have a little one in 2004. I'm still loving the "farm way of life".

Summer time!!!!:D My family is off to our Lake Erie cottage for our first weeks holiday this coming Saturday. I shall PRAY for all of you from the sunny shores of Featherstone Point.
God Bless.

Talk soon,
Remember "Nothing tastes as good as being "thin" feels!!!!
Hugs Joanne

EZMONEY
07-04-2003, 03:43 PM
Happy 4th of July to all my American Ladies-- Happy 4th of July to my Canadian friends too! :)

I actually worked for a few hours this morning, we are really busy at work- it usually is in the summer. It is really warm here today but nice- should be a great evening for fireworks (just hope my wife is up for it!:lol: ).
I don't really have a lot going on. My kids are with their mom in Oregon this week- I just sit here and answer the phone for them:lol: No big changes in my diet, exercise or weight- still at 178 hoping to get down a few- need to still work at it- have not seen my elliptical trainer for awhile, I am pretty sure it is still in our weight room:D

WILMA- Sorry about your uncle, prayers for you and yours.

LISA- Stay with us here- we will get busy posting soon- we are at a little lull right now- just like your weight. Keep going like you are for a few more weeks THEN start to be concerned if nothing is changing-- give it ample time before you give up or get frustrated. It isn't fast coming off sometimes-- we just get in a big hurry to change-- problem is though when it comes off in a hurry we get to feeling pretty darn good then get lazy-- this is where we fail to make a LIFESTYLE change! Prayers.

ANGEL-LOVER- God bless you for trying to keep it going here- as I said to Lisa hang in there with us- as the next governor of California says " I'll Be Back!"

JOANNE- Hi girl- long time no see- glad to see all is well!

Hi to all the rest of you- Have a great BBQ!! Thanking God for our blessing of Independence!!

IN HIS LOVE- Gary

sami
07-04-2003, 05:27 PM
Happy 4th of July! We are just relaxing (we should be cleaning but it is so hot!!!!!! Gutchie so glad to see you back! You have been missed. Lisa maybe sugerbusters just doesn't work for you. What I have done is each week I have worked on one bad habit per week. One week I added more water the nexted I did 15 min of arm weights the next I started 15 min work out nothing tough and it is slowly starting to come off. I do stay away from sugar the first few weeks I craved it so bad but I relized something this week. My sugar level was low and I ate a cookie and right away my stomach was burning and spasming I had to take two diffrent meds just to calm it down! No wander I was feeling so bad before if one cookie did that to me.(I use to eat a lot of junk we have a great bakery at work) So maybe this week just try to drink more water.
Wilma sorry about your uncle. I hope you made it to curves it will help you feel better. Angel lover I have wanted to tell you something every since I saw your screen name. When I was pg with my youngest child Molli I had a tough time and they were worried that something could be wrong with her due to my health problems. So when she was born I have always called her my Angel. She was standing by me one day and read your screen name and she said she loves me if she is an angel lover.
EZ I know just what you mean about answering the phone for your kids. I feel like I should answer HI sorry Staci s not home just leave a message! LOL
I pray that everone has a safe 4TH. We are meeting a lot of friends from church we always have a great time.

Angel-lover
07-04-2003, 09:04 PM
http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/mix/hallo.gif Hope everyone has had a good day. We're just about to have that watermelon that end's the day just right!!

No problem, Gary, I love to post. Helps to keep my spirits up! Everyone has been great, & has made me feel very welcome since I started here.!

Wilma...I too, will be praying for you & your family.

Sami.......get your http://e4u.consoleradar.com/angels/littleangel.gif , Molli, to the computer.....(give it a minute to fully load)

Molli....This is from Angel-Lover http://home.att.net/~scorh2/Angel1e.gif http://home.att.net/~scorh2/Animation3m.gifhttp://home.att.net/~scorh2/Angel1f.gif

Mitchypoo
07-05-2003, 12:49 PM
Hello CEers! :wave:

I hope you have all had a wonderful 4th of July! **== Mine was very quiet and I admit, i was a little homesick. My family had a reunion in CA and mom told me all about it afterward and I wished I were back home. The 4th is a difficult day for me. Something traumatic happened 4 years ago and it just makes me a little sad. But time heals all wounds and I'm thankful to know that God is my true comforter.

I had no problem staying on program because I wasn't out and about. Hard to believe but I'm down 18 lbs. now!! :dance: I've been reading a lot about the program and deciding if i'm ready for the next step of this program although I'm comfortable where I'm at now. I'm feeling so much better, can hardly believe it. And my thyroid level is now normal which is good, although I still have bouts of fatigue. Exercise is the next step for me, have to incorporate that.

Have a great weekend!

wilma12
07-05-2003, 03:30 PM
Good Morning! It's a lazy day again. It's nice to have those after a busy week. DH and I are going to do some shopping and I want to bake a couple of things later in the day.

I went back to Curves after missing one day and found out that I had really missed being there. It's an easy work out but I can feel I'm doing something. I'll let you know how I do when I weigh in later in the month.

Have you noticed how much weight has been lost here lately? It's amazing!!! Keep up the great work. You are my inspiration. I'm going to be buying lots of veggies and fruit. Chicken breasts are on sale also and I plan to stock up.

Well, gotta go. Talk to you all again soon.

Angel-lover
07-05-2003, 07:27 PM
Hey Mitchypoo.....WEIGH TO GO!!http://www.gilly.0catch.com/emoticons/cheer.gif Show off that that 18 lbs, girl!!http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Clap%20Hands.gif

I know what you mean about a holiday being messed up. I'm very sorry. My family's Thanksgiving Holiday is rough due to a tragedy. Will be glad when this weekend is passed for you.http://home.att.net/~scorh2/Animation2g.gif

Wilma....I love chicken breast & veggies, also, especially carrots. http://www.cartooncottage.com/images/carrotslice.gif I mostly grill the chicken. In fact, that's probably what we'll have for supper.

In fact, guess it's time to start cooking! Talk to you all later.

EZMONEY
07-05-2003, 11:47 PM
HAPPY SATURDAY LADIES :flow1:

It was a beautiful California day here today, really warm but not too hot to do things outside early and in the late afternoon. Got some yard work done and cleaned the patio.
Went to church tonight as the wife and I have a 5K to do on Sunday morning, a fundraiser for the high school cross-country team my son coaches.

That reminds me- the sermon was on the planting of the seed- I thought not only does that parable work for sharing the Gospel but also the fact that in our own lives we just need to plant the seed-- my point is that if we plant the seed on our health with eating and exercise who knows how it will grow-- if the tiny mustard seed can grow from next to nothing to a huge plant, surely we can un-grow from a ..... person to one more in tune with what God intended. Some of you have already done the sowing and are just beginning to reap the harvest!!! Great job.

Well the wife is calling- I got Easy Rider to watch on DVD- I have been wanting to see that again since I haven't seen it since I was in 9th grade--1969...ouch. We saw How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days yesterday... not bad. Chick flick.

IN HIS LOVE- GARY

EZMONEY
07-06-2003, 03:30 PM
HI EVERYONE ;)

Well the wife and I made it through the 5K on an absolute gorgeous day here! She ran it in 32 minutes and I walked it in 47 minutes, it is a pretty hilly course, the one my son ran for 4 years as a home course in high school-- I give those kids alot of credit being able to run the course in under 20 minutes!! It was an alumni race and good to see some kids I haven't seen quite awhile. Of course everyone wanted to know where my son the assistant coach was-- still in Oregon with his mom.

Saw Easy Rider last night for the first time since '69-- can't believe they actually allowed us to watch that in the theater at 15. Of course now it's no big deal (or so they think!).

SAMI- You are awesome girl!:yes: Realizing some of the things you were eating and how they were affecting you is so cool! Just another thing you have learned about your body! Sometimes when we feel sooooo lousy it is hard to figure out what is wrong with us, things that WE can control, that affect us in bad ways, we learn to get rid of when we start seeing progress.

ANGEL-LOVER Sorry about your Thanksgiving memories-- years ago, about 25, my girlfriend/first wife, her family and I went to see other family members of hers on Christmas, on the return trip home my future BIL and his friend visiting from the service for the holiday were hit on their motorcycles by a drunk driver-- his friend didn't make it, my bil had just minor injuries. For quite a few years it was a sad moment that was remembered.

WILMA- YOU ROCK!! That Curves membership is going to be the best present your DH ever got you!! Next year you will be looking sooo dang good that it won't even be a present- just something he wants you to do-- you will get a gift too!!!

MICHELE- Sorry about your 4th memory-- as with us time will heal the pain, somewhat at least. You are doing great on the weight considering all the DRAMA in your life lately-- I am so proud of you!!

Well HELLO to all you un-posters-- I know you are too busy getting fit to post and that is quite all right.

Take care, IN HIS LOVE- Gary

Angel-lover
07-06-2003, 08:23 PM
Hello Everybody........hope you all had a good day. Enjoyed church, & your evening. Husband & I did. We go out every Sunday to eat with our Pastor & wife. We are all very close at our "small" church. Like family.

Gary....Thought of your sermon, when I found this.http://members.aol.com/gardenmail/chpltkind.gif Wish I was able to run............everyone said I couldn't even in good health. LOL Hope you enjoyed yourselves.http://graphics.vfwds.com/images/anim/runner1.gif

Sorry for your Christmas memories. It was my nephew. He was killed (murdered) by a so-called friend. The other guy served 11 mos. About a year ago.......he was also killed in a fight with someone. The whole thing is just sad. Like you said, time does help.

Gotta go cook supper.....God Bless.

sami
07-08-2003, 01:35 AM
Hello I am sorry I have been missing in action! It is really hot here and I can't stand the heat it must raise my blood pressure because if I am out for a short while I feel funny. I have been looking for the perfect dress for the wedding. I am looking for one that will still look nice if I lose more weight or one I can take in. I have been looking on EBAY!!! I love ebay I got my DD flower girls dresses on Ebay for 50.00 a piece (reg 120.00) a lot of shops sell brand new items for just sm amount. I went to the wedding stores to look for MOB dresses and they cost 150.00 and up! Well my penny pinching me can't stand to spend that much for a dress I won't wear but a few times!
Angel lover-Molli loved your message! She is my little angel! She is going through a tough time right now because she doesn't want her big sister to move out! She ask her why they can't live with us? She has been sleeping in Kelli's room to stay close to her.
Wilma-Have you mesured to see how many inches you have lost? I wish I had time to go out somewhere. When my DD moves into her apt they have a work out room so maybe I can get her to work out together.
Ez-I have been watching my food and I have found a few things that really affect me. Another thing is garlic. My stomach is just sick if I have anything with garlic. And by staying away I feel so much better. Also good news on my 16yr old DD she has a new boyfriend and I really like him. He brought her home early to make points with the MOM. And My Son is good friends with him and he tells me he is a great guy. Also he is good friends with her best friend so when they do things together my DS has been going along and I think him and DD best friend might end up dating! (this is the girl I really like!) Things are looking up! And the one girl hasn't been around.
Mitchypoo-Hang in there things will get better and Angel lover said time has a way of make things get better. And My Ds has never had a real girlfriend and It looks like things are looking up for him. Your time is comming.
Got to go and check my Ebay items.

Mitchypoo
07-08-2003, 09:19 AM
Good morning CEers! :wave:

It is a beautiful but rainy a.m. here. The rain is great for the gardens and the farmers are loving it! And it's dropping the temps and i didn't have to have my air on last night. I love days like this. Wish I could stay home and make soup. It's a soup day! :)

Feeling pretty good, getting more energy and i'm still OP. Still amazing to me that I can stick to this. But I feel so much better. And I went to dinner to celebrate a friends birthday on Sunday and I was still able to stay OP! We went to an italian place and i had a nice antipasto salad and one of those large meatballs. The garlic bread and pasta looked good but I was ok.

Sami~glad you are doing well and things are going better with the kids. Wow, MOB dress, how fun! I hope you find what you are looking for. (I love ebay too! I'm a collector of pottery and glass)

Mrs.Hummer, hope you are well, please post and let us know you are ok.

Angel Lover, I love your posts, they are always so cheery! You get an A+ on attitude!

Gary~busy at work, huh?! Well, i guess that's good, but I miss your frequent posts. I really admire you and your DW being able to do the 5K's and such. It's really great that you can share that and it shows you must make that part of your life to be able to do it.

Must get ready to leave for work...Have a great day all!

wilma12
07-08-2003, 10:00 AM
I had a hectic day yesterday and when I got home I just vegged out. The day was going well at work and then a couple of mistakes I had made were called to my attention. It's amazing how 5 minutes can ruin a whole day! The mistakes are repairable but I still feel horrible when I make them. Today is fix up day at work for me. Needless to say I didn't get the sleep I needed last night. I spent some time praying and reading. I'm glad that God cares about every aspect of our lives.

I have my morning and lunch eating down but can't seem to get the evening right. I am eating less sugar which is a plus but I want comfort food in the evening and that's the worst time to eat it. Something more for me to work on.

Michele: I love those kind of days too. Today is kind of like that here too. What kind of soups do you like making?

Sami: I wish I could go shopping with you! Have a blast finding a dress. God will help you find the right one. My friend's son is getting married in July and she needed a dress. She doesn't have a lot of money to spend but she found a beautiful dress at 1/2 price and she can wear it after the wedding too.

I get measured at Curves around the 12th. The leader told me that I could possibly gain weight the first month so I'm kind of prepared for that. I don't feel like I've lost any inches either but it's not been that long a time. If I get my eating under control I think it'll work really well. I'm just glad that I'm finally getting out there and doing something. I want to start going for walks on the days I don't go to Curves also so that'll help.

Gary: Easy Rider??!! You're dating yourself! :lol: Way to go on the 5K. Your wife can be very thankful that she has someone like you that'll do things like this with her. I think it's great!!

Angel-lover: How's your day going? I appreciate your posts and love the graphics you add. Where do you find them?

Have a super day! (Just venting here a bit has made me feel better already. THanks for listening!!)

Mitchypoo
07-08-2003, 10:47 AM
Wilma~I love to make bean soup but can't right now with my WOE. But it's so simple. We use country style ribs and saute them in a soup pot with some olive oil, brown on all sides, then saute an onion chopped fine with that. Then add chicken broth or water to cover and add navy or white beans (I usually do not soak them), about 6 peppercorns and bring to a boil, then simmer for a couple hours. Skim off any foam. The last 30-45 minutes, cut up about 2 potatoes and add. I salt after the beans are soft. It's better the second day!

And nothing beats a chicken soup on a day like today. That I could make today.

Woo hoo to you Wilma on your efforts with Curves! That is wonderful!

doitforme
07-08-2003, 12:41 PM
Sorry I have been MIA, but went camping all last week, yesterday I read all the posts, then went to work. So, I wanted to let ya know I haven't skipped town. Gary - good job on the 5k- you did a fantastic job with the sun, we had an absolutely beautiful week. Sami- glad to hear your doing so well, how exciting getting a mob dress, and you'll look great, Wilma- sounds like all is well with curves keep up the good work. Mitchy- way to go 18 lbs- I hope your soon feeling better as well. Angel lover- I love your graphics they are so neat. I attend a small country Independent Baptist Church. My pastor and his family are just such good people. Speaking of which He gets his scans next week, so please keep him in prayer that it was an infection and the scans all come back neg. for melanoma. OUr church is trully like a family, we all support each other and hug when we get there and if someone is sick others help by whatever they can do, it is just a very loving church family, I am blessed. I hope you'll come back and keep us posted Gutchie, I miss your posts, Hi to zoe as well, you must be busy. I do have a praise. the man I asked prayer for Bob, who tried to commit suicide is out of the psych center, He had electric shock therapy, and seems to be doing so much better. He sleeps at night . and-----

doitforme
07-08-2003, 12:49 PM
and alot of his problems that were going on, have been aleviated. He, appologized for letting everyone down, and seems to be back to almost his old self. God is good. Mrs. Hummer- I am sorry things are out of sorts, but without the Lord it can only go one way and that is down. Find a church where you and your kids are content and fed by the word. Your husband should come around eventually, but I would stop missing just because He chooses not to go. Your kids need the Lord as well. I would say, I am going to start attending churches till I find one that I like, and your free to join me, if not I 'll see you when I get home. I love you, but I need a church family, and let him know which one I am attending so if he chooses he can come. Hope it works out for you, I will keep you in my prayers. I just got my car back from the garage- $189.50 It kept idleing weird, acting like it was going to staff, ect,and they did a tune up then discovered it was an idle sensor. But it is back to normal now. Hope this finds you all well. I am camping most of next week as well. I have a kids mission trip leaving July 26-Aug 3 going to Maine and New Brunswick with the teens from church and some adults. Which should be fun. Enjoy the summer, it is going quickly. See ya !

EZMONEY
07-08-2003, 09:19 PM
HI LOOOOSERS!! :o

WOW!! Some posts to read- how exciting! Been busy here with work, then my kids came back from Oregon so we were catching up- after all they were gone for 5 days:lol: Actually they were filling me in on my best friends new grandbaby ( I am so jealous!) you guys have no idea how much I like little kids-- I always babysit for people-- the little ones just come to me-- we go to "family" parties from time to time and somehow I always end up with the kids-- moms are always bringing their babies to me to get them to stop crying. When my daughter and son got home they came in the door with my daughter saying "Daddy you are going to be sooo jealous!" I knew she meant of my friend, my kids Godfather's, grandson.

My friend owns a couple of tool stores in Oregon and has offered me a job if I want to relocate from here-- something to think about! The weather here is nice but it is really getting crowded. I have talked it over with the wife-- little things like her daughter needing to graduate high school first etc. keep us from these things-- otherwise I would have already been (and probably back!) to Sequim, Washington-- I love it there--in the summer:D

doitformeSue There you are!! so glad to hear from you again you freakin' camping fool!! Prayers for your Pastor. Glad to hear Bob is much better. Sounds like a great time with the teens coming up! You must be one of their favorites!! You are mine:)

SAMI- Sorry it is so hot there for you!! Hey girl-- being trifty is great but you MUST have that KILLER dress no matter what the cost-- I can't go on Ebay-- not cause I spend too much, but I can't get off-- I find so much to look at. My wife has problems with garlic too-- but we use a ton of it in our cooking-- she is half Italian and half Irish. Glad things are going well with the kids- especially in the LOVE department:D

ANGEL-LOVER you haven't been saying much in your posts-- doing O.K.? As everyone has said, we really love them--makes it interesting especially since it seems SHERRY has left us for the present.

WILMA Hope all things came out ok at work. In my line of work mistakes are expected- dumb construction guys:lol: We get alot of sandpaper!!! If you PLAN AHEAD, as we have talked about, it will help with your dinners. I know it is hard! Thanks for the mention of my wife and the 5K-- we really enjoy doing things together-- of course we have our ME time too-- well she does anyway-- she likes to read in a quiet place-- a quiet space is NO WHERE near me:lol: Keep up the good work- my wife is wearing alot of halter tops and tank tops this summer now that she has muscles!

MICHELE- I love antipasto salad-- we eat alot of salads here in the summer too. The bean soup sounds awesome-- Pillsbury has a bean soup that is really good-- I make it in the winter at least twice a year. As I mentioned to Wilma my wife and I do alot together but for this 5K she ran it and I walked it-- I took off 15 minutes ahead of the ladies start and tried to stay ahead of her, which I did but not by much-- plus I had kids along the course that were distracting her as she passed to buy me some time-- I owe them:lol: You just can't have too many teen-agers on your side!!

Well dinner tonight is a regular for us-- mentioned it before I think- fettuchine with tomatoe and basil out of our garden, with pieces of turkey bacon and a little olive oil and GARLIC (Sami)! Keep looking for those boys-- there are good ones out there!! My son is 22 and dating a 30 year old right now-- I am a little--OK ALOT worried!

IN CHRIST,
Have a great tomorrow Ladies!! Gary

Mitchypoo
07-08-2003, 10:08 PM
But where are they Gary?...... Ya, your son is a cutie but too young for me. Although I have dated younger guys in the last 5 years, but 5 years younger was the max! My mom is tryingn to fix me up with a family friends son in CA. He's kind of newly divorced, and I've known his mom since i was a little girl. I've seen pics of him and he's handsome. He's suppose to email me sometime maybe. I think they are trying to get me to move back to CA...

Wow, you've been busy Gary, but glad you checked in! ;)

doitforme
07-09-2003, 11:13 AM
Thanks for all the prayers for pastor, I will keep ya posted. The teen missions trip should be alot of fun, they are all good kids. They have been practicing a play, and doing testimonies, and singing ect. We spend the first night (Sat.) , in Augusta, Maine. Where they do the Sunday Morning service, then 2 hours up the road the do the evening service. We spend the night there then we leave in the morning for Chipman, New Brunswick. They are doping the wed. evening service there, and visting several nursing homes in the area. We are doing a day trip to the Bay of Fundy as well. I am excited. But this all is pending as to how pastor makes out. God's will. E.Z. - It doesn't surprise me that ya like kids, I could tell, by how well adjusted your own sound, and your willingness to be involved with your nephew. Oregon looks like a pretty state, I have seen some beautiful pictures of Crater Lake. Maybe it can work out. We would havea new name for ya! Gary the toolman ________!! But I don't know your last name , I am sure its not Taylor, Ha ha.
Mitchy- I know what ya mean, hang in there, there are good men out there. Give to God, and He will provide. I decided if it was ment to be it would happen, if not I can still be happy and live my live. So, that is what I do, find other things to entertain me, and keep praying I'll stumble across him in my travels. I have never been more surefooted in my life. Ha Ha Ha!- Not funny. But I keep waiting and watching for Him.! Hi to everyone else! See ya!

Angel-lover
07-09-2003, 12:42 PM
http://www.chubclub.org/forum/Imageuploads/untitled22398070523876d.bmp to all of you!!

Sorry.......I've been a little out of sorts lately. I was feeling bad...needing a Remicade treatment. Finally got it yesterday. They give it to me with Benadryl, Zertec, etc., added because I'm highly sensitive to it. Soooo, I http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Zzzz.gif all evening, & still pretty "out of it" today. In a couple of days, I should be feeling much better.

Sami....glad your little one enjoyed my message. I can relate to her reaction to her sister getting married. I was the same way when my older sister got married. We were living in Detroit, MI at the time, & they were leaving for Alabama immediately after the wedding. Hope she feels much better, soon. I KNOW you are busy these days....I had 3 daughters to give weddings for, then helped with our sons'.http://home.att.net/~scorh2/Wedding01a2.gif

Mitchypoo....thanks so much for your compliment....I really enjoy posting & putting in the graphics. All of you help with my attitude!

Wilma.....sorry you had such a bad day at work. I've been through days like that. Just doesn't seem like the day will ever end, to get home & try to recover. You ask about graphics. I find them all over the internet. I search until I find the ones I want. They are free for the taking.....just time consuming.

Doitforme.......I know you enjoy your small church, as we do ours. Only thing, we've had several deaths in the last couple of years. When we're as close as we are, it's hard. Thanks for complimenting my graphics, also.

Gary....I haven't said much lately, because I just didn't feel up to it. I was reading though, be assured. Thanks also, for your prayers.....I'm also praying for all of you.
http://www.greeting-cards.com/images/images/51460128.gif

wilma12
07-10-2003, 09:57 AM
I am feeling a lot better about myself today. I have a great supervisor who when she sees someone having a bad day lets us know things we've done right. I really appreciate that and it makes you want to keep going. All the problems were resolved which makes me thankful.

Last night we barbequed boneless pork chops with baked potatoes and corn. I did the chops in barbeque sauce and used Montreal Steak Spice on them. They were great! Nice little zing added to them.

Angel-lover: It sounds like you have a lot of health issues to deal with. Do you also have dietary restrictions?

doitforme: Have it wonderful trip! Sounds like you'll have a great time.

Gary: Your grandchildren will come and when they do LOOK OUT! I want lots of granddaughters. I have 2 sons and always wanted a daughter. I'm willing to wait a few years though.

Michele: It sounds like everyone out there is on a mission to find you a DH. Make sure you have God's approval too - then you'll find the right one for you. It's fun looking though isn't it?

Sami: HOw's the shopping going? That wedding must be coming up soon.

Zoe: You must be busy unpacking. Let us know how you're doing?

Have a great day everyone!

Mitchypoo
07-10-2003, 10:34 AM

Wilma~I'm not sure how fun it is trying to find a decent guy. Sometimes it seems fun, other times, i just hate it. Yes, I do pray that God will lead me to the right one. I am still talking to my WA guy and things are going better. But I'm not holding my breath on him! :)

The weightloss is not so easy this week. I'm still OP but I've gained a few and then back to where I was. The total is still 18 lbs. I'm trying to be conscious of if I'm eating hidden carbs somewhere, haven't found them yet. But I have to stop weighing so much, i'm going to weigh only on Sunday which is my weekly summary day too. Maybe that'll make it better. And I have to incorporate exercise someday here soon. :o With the rainy weather, it's easier to make an excuse.

I may go away Sat to Sun to my cousin's lakehouse up north. We're having a church retreat for Alpha. Not sure I'll be able to make it though.

Angel-lover
07-10-2003, 03:24 PM
http://members.shaw.ca/Sunburn_69/Bearmail_Hello.jpg Just dropped by for a minute. Hope all are doing good. Hey, Michele, don't be so hard on yourself. We had a long holiday weekend. Seems like it's a rule, or something that I have to eat on holidays, especially July 4th! Needless to say, I didn't lose this week. I did maintain, though.http://www.members.aol.com/teejaw/smilies/Phew.gif It was a close one, though!

Wilma....I'm not restricted on my diet. In fact....I can eat, & eat, & eat! Don't mean to carry on so much about my health problems. Guess when I get started talking, it's just hard to stop sometimes. I know everyone around me, must get tired of hearing it, so I don't talk about it much. So, you guys are catching it lately! That's probably why I gained weight so fast this time. Not looking for excuses....but had a lot of stress & turned to food, instead of friends. I have always had a fear of imposing on people.

You sure did make your supper sound good! http://www.cartooncottage.com/images/potato.gif

Mitchypoo
07-10-2003, 03:49 PM
Angel-lover~ I think I speak for all of us, but it is not imposing to tell us about your health, etc. That's why we're here, i think. Who's being hard on themselves? :)

Angel-lover
07-10-2003, 04:24 PM
Thanks Michele.....NO ONE here has made me feel like I was imposing. You see, I was always the one others could come to & talk about their problems, etc. The last couple of years, I was the one needing to talk. Anyway.....have you ever tried to talk to someone & knew they weren't really "getting" it, because they kept interfering to tell their problems? I have. So, I gave up. Very few friends, or relatives, know exactly what is going on with me. That's all I was saying....You all are hearing it from me, because no one else has. For that, my friends, I thank you!!http://home.att.net/~scorh2/Card29.jpg

clovesgsb
07-10-2003, 07:42 PM
I feel silly, I posted a "new thread" and I meant for it to go to this thread.... Anyway, if you would like to read it it is under hello, new gal on the block. I do hope to begin to post with you all here at the CE thread...
Thanks, Carrie

EZMONEY
07-10-2003, 08:12 PM
HI LOOOSER'S :lol:

Glad to see some posts today-- the wife and I have spent the last few evenings on the computer checking out stuff for Oregon, housing, rentals, businesses, lodging etc. so i haven't had a chance to chat. It is truly beautiful weather here now!! Summer has finally come and yet it is almost over-- why is it like that every! EVERY year!!: :shrug:

CARRIE- Welcome! It will be nice getting to know you. Sounds like you have done a great job on the weight loss so far- good luck in the future!!:yes

doitformeSUE Have a great trip with those teens! They have a great leader in you. It doesn't hurt to look for that next new guy either girl!! But it is quite obvious you know where to FOCUS!! I will pray that special someone comes into your life very soon!!

ANGEL-LOVER Hey you! *****, complain, gripe, whine, cry, yell, scream--- WHATEVER you need to do so that we HEAR you!! That is why we are here-- to listen and support!! No pain too big for us to pray for here-- through prayer a lot of good things have happened here-- we are listening....

WILMA- I am glad you have a great supervisor-- I know from experience that a little kindness goes a long way vs. being mean with your employees. Sometimes yelling is needed-- with the yo-yo's I work with:lol: But if you show them how much you apreciate them awesome results come. I was blessed with a boy and a girl-- not sure how it would have worked here with two boys-- my son demanded so much of my time when he was little-- my daughter could always play alone or play by us- but my son HAD to have someone to play catch with at all times. How are those boys doing!

SAMI, JOANNE, LISA, SHERRY, and ZOE! come on back!!!!

Gotta run-- watering to do in the yard,

IN HIS CARE- Gary

EZMONEY
07-10-2003, 08:17 PM
SORRY-SORRY MICHELE--- I didn't forget you HONEST!! I thought I posted to you first ( I take notes when I read the posts! ) Any how I know how hard it is to find that right person-- I dated a lot of ladies after my divorce-- it was hard-- I waited for about 5 years actually so that I was ready and for Him to place someone in my life-- then through prayer I felt maybe I should help Him out! It was hard to date again-- and fun too-- sometimes things went well sometimes not-- your time will come-- I know it sounds like we are trying to get you hitched up-- not really, just trying to comfort and help! Love Ya, Gary

Angel-lover
07-10-2003, 09:01 PM
http://www.uponthisrock.com/gotw2/welcome.gifCarrie!! Glad to have you with us! Don't feel silly about anything.....should have seen some of the things I've done! (no, I'm really glad you didn't.hehe) Wish you lots of luck in your weight loss.

Thanks Gary.......I think I've been doing all of the above! http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/sad/106.gif http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Banghead.gif http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Dunno.gif http://www.gifanimations.com/Image/Animations/BodyParts/Faces/faces_012.gif http://www.jeffpylenz.com/INCREDIMAIL%20VOL.2/HOTLETTERS/Groaner.gif

Hope all have a good dayhttp://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/sehrgrosse/large-smiley-035.gif (guess you can tell, I'm feeling better.)

doitforme
07-11-2003, 10:23 AM
My day off and its raining- We need it but just wish it would do it at night. Welcome Carrie! Don't worry all of us have our share of booboo's with posting. My niece and nephew go to a Christian School. They do so much better then the public schools in out areas, they teach them more. Including God's word. Keep posting, let us know how your doing Awesome wt. looss.
Wilma- Hope your week improves, supervisors can make all the difference, in what staff are willing to do. I just got a new supervisor yesterday, I met her and she seems bnice, but time will tell.. Those pork chops sound yummy, and I love baked potatoes and corn. Want to make it again Sat. and invite us for dinner. :cb: Mitchy- Your doing good, 18 lbs is alot just pick up 3 - 5 lb bags of sugar, and cary them for a second, and its still 3 lbs more than that. A weekend away might be just what the Dr. ordered, maybe you'll have some nice weather, that gets depressing after awhile. E.Z.- Thanks ! I am sure we will have a great time. It is obvious that you found the right person, you and your dw do so much together! I appreciate the prayers and leave it in God's hands. I obviously miss having that area of my life forfilled. But it is so hard to meet people. I don't go to bars, I am a social butterfly, I am out and about, from here to there and and work different hours . But I refuse to do personal ads, as I feel they could be dangerous ya don't know who you'll run across. So, when it is met to happen it will.

doitforme
07-11-2003, 10:35 AM
Angel lover - These guys are all wonderful listeners, and E.Z. is right we have seen some wonderful things happen through the combined effort of prayer, some miraculous healing, Ex. My pastor was given 7 months to live , after his diagnosis with melanoma. It was a year, in May. I am currently asking prayer that the spot they found in the cat scan on his lung is gone on the next x-ray. I love thses guys which seems so strange because of never actually meeting them, but when the chips are down and ya need a place to vent, or whatever, they listen, sometimes give advice, and always support. So, don't feel inhibited, I never do. When it comes to posting any way Ha Ha Ha! Glad you'll soon be feeling better.
All other MIA'S hope all is going well, and your busy with summer. love ya's
Let us run with endurance the race, that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author, and finisher of our faith. Hebrews 12:1-2
God Bless as only He can!

Angel-lover
07-11-2003, 12:09 PM
http://members.shaw.ca/Sunburn_69/BA_Bear_Hello.jpg I only have a few minutes....but wanted to stop in & say you have all really made me feel better. Thank you so very much. I want you all to know, if anyone ever needs someone to just listen....please email me. That's something I CAN do (thank the Lord) As I said earlier, I know sometimes we all need someone to just listen to us. As doitforme said.....I'm feeling close to people I've never met....but we're all brothers & sisters in the Lord!

doitforme....I will be praying for your pastor. I, too, know what prayer can do. I've witnessed a lot of the Lord's blessings.

Hope you all have a beautiful day. http://members.aol.com/gardenmail/irnewch62b.gif

EZMONEY
07-11-2003, 07:41 PM
Hi Gals, Don't have much time to visit today as we are going to a wedding-- my daughter's high school tennis coach/teacher and another teacher-- the kind of wedding I like-- they are getting married on the beach with just immediate family-- the rest of us get to go to the party at the clubhouse-- Hawaiian-casual affair- NO BLACK TIES ALLOWED!!! should be fun--- have a great week-end! Gary

Mitchypoo
07-12-2003, 09:37 AM
Hello all,

Went to dinner last night and kind of blew it. I ordered their regular salad and totally wasn't thinking and the dressing was a creamy, sweet thing. So then I also had a piece of bread and some bad carb munchies last night. I also had 2 glasses of wine which isn't bad but this a.m. the sugar makes me feel hung over... :( But i know what happened and now i'll jump right back on program. And i'm not weighing until Sunday.

May I please ask for prayer for my family. My mother called me late last night after I got home and she had some bad news and some bad news and more bad news. She has to have a hysterectomy which is really a good thing but a little scary and she'll be recooperating for about 2 months. I have a handicapped brother who comes home on weekends and she will not be able to deal with his care for those months (which bothers her), and then when she got to work she was told that her plant is shutting down probably in about 3 months time and my mother has worked there for almost 33 years. Can you imagine her panic, to find another job now and at her age? She has been assured of a weeks pay per year of employment as severance, plus unemployment but it's a concern. She is really handling it well, better than i thought she would but it hasn't happened yet so there's still a lot to deal with. And on top of all that, my dad's health i think is deteriorating and she's telling me about temper tantrums he's having and it's very scary. It's happening in public and he's doing it to my brother when she is not around. He just told her about some incidents where he was really mean to him. Not physically abusive but definitely inappropriate to react to him that way in a wheelchair. He gets angry with my mother, but won't get out of control with her. So please pray for my family. They need it right now.

I'm not going away this weekend, too hard to get away and a friend is coming over today to help me repair some leaks, etc.

Angel-lover
07-12-2003, 10:29 AM
Hi everybody.......hope all is well.

Gary.....hope you enjoyed the reception.....sounds like I would!

Michele....I'm so sorry you have so much going on right now. I will be praying for your mother's surgery & her job situation. If your dad hasn't been having problems with his temper before now....something physically may be wrong. I know, you don't need more physical problems in your family right now......but when my step-dad started acting like that, it was the only sign of something being wrong. He had a brain tumor. It was benign....& after being removed, he was back to normal. He was only in the hospital 2 days, with a fast recovery. It's amazing what they can do now! Of course, we know who took care of him. I hope it isn't anything like that, but just a thought. God Bless You. http://home.att.net/~scorh2/Card35.jpg

sami
07-12-2003, 11:36 AM
I started #171 Please Post there I am so happy this is so Long!