Weight Loss Support - Yo! Just For 12-week Challenge! Declare A Plan/any Plan Boot Camp!!! :)

Amarantha2
04-30-2003, 09:59 AM
Yo!!! Listen up! The :drill: Person is tired of being confused and fluctuating!!! The :drill: person is tired of being out of shape and overweight! She (said :drill: ) wishes to start up the Just For a Week Bootcamp Challenge, only it is now a Just For 12-Weeks Bootcamp.

The (totally arbitrary and subject to change) RULES are NO NEGATIVITY, NO EXCUSES, NO CHANGING OF MINDS, NO DELETING OF THE THREAD (Amarantha, that means you), DOWN AND DIRTY, LET'S GET GOING ON OUR WEIGHT LOSS/FITNESS/WEIGHT MAINTENANCE PROJECTS, MINIMAL OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION. (Amarantha, are you listening?)

:drill: Person doesn't much care how we do it ... EXCEPT she's demanding (er, asking) for any camp members to COMMIT to a 12-WEEK plan (any plan) and STATE the plan when they sign on and then STICK to it for 12 WEEKS and report here on a daily basis (or whatever basis be feasible). She is retroactively starting this Monday 'cause Amarantha whined and pleaded for that start date. She's hoping someone will sign up and declare a plan. She pledges to make brief posts in future, not delete the thread and keep a roster (unless it becomes unfeasible) :s:

:drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill:

Amarantha2
04-30-2003, 10:11 AM
Ok, :drill: Person, I will take your challenge. My plan is Body For Life, the details of which are all over the place so I won't repeat them right now. I'm on Day 3 (plus two practice days) and my eating is better than it ever has been, though some modification has been necessary. A feature of the plan is a "free day" and since that is Sunday for me, I will continue to weigh in on Sunday, which is the last day of my plan week. The exercise plan is basically: Monday, upper body; Tuesday, cardio; Wednesday, lower body/abs & lower back (I added that); Thursday, cardio; Friday, upper body; Saturday, cardio; Sunday, rest; Monday starts with lower body and just cycles through again.

Over and out! :drill:

RobinW
04-30-2003, 10:11 AM
Ok Amarantha.......I can do this. 12 weeks is a long time, but I think I can get to my goal at the end of it. This puts us in the heat of the summer when we are done, soooooo bathing suits should look pretty damn good :D

ok, here goes

Plan: Atkins, phase 2

Goal: loose 36lbs, = 3lbs per week. (ambitious I know, but I can do this)

Exercise Plan: daily walking (weather permiting) get the bikes out and start riding for a change of pace, and weight lifting (starting small)

Support needed: everyones tricks for getting thru pms, and stress eating. My downfall everytime.

READY........SET..........GO!

Amarantha2
04-30-2003, 10:16 AM
Ok, Robin, you be on. We'll work on that stress eating!!! For me, the six meals a day I've been doing since last week have somewhat alleviated that binge-starve-stress cycle ... but I've got a long way to go!!! More tips, anyone?

Here's the roster so far, I'll do cut and paste updates from time to time:

AMAZINGLY COMMITTED 12-WEEK CHALLENGERS

AMARANTHA
ROBIN

:drill:

Terri in MO
04-30-2003, 10:22 AM
Okay, I'll join in. We just had a death in the family so I need this to focus on positive tasks.

Food Plan: Weight Watchers

Exercise Plan: Walking, Spinner or outdoor bike riding; WATPs, and conditioning exercises. If you don't mind, I'll post the details of what I plan for the week.

Overall Goal: Lose 20 pounds and have my endurance built up to doing an hour of cardio type exercise a day without being wiped out.

Support Needed: Staying focused!

Salute :drill: !

brunissen
04-30-2003, 01:37 PM
Count me in also! Anything to keep me focused and motivated!

Food Plan:
1300 calories/day - tracking with Diet Power

Exercise Plan:
Work with trainer 4x a week through May, then 3x a week - 1hour each session
Elliptical Cross Trainer 3x a week 35 minutes
Stair Climbing at Home 1x a week 20 minutes
Swimming 1x a week 60 minutes

Goal:
40 Pound loss - 3.33 pounds a week

Support Needed:
Any and All support I can get!

Since this challenge started on Monday, my start weight is 316.2 pounds, my goal weight for this challenge is therefore 276.2 pounds.

Does this meet with your approval Mam! :drill:

simcoe
04-30-2003, 01:56 PM
Count me in! Plan is still dietpower.com which is working for me. Exercise everyday for a minimum of 20 minutes except for Sundays. I will report my exercise daily.

Goals - 1. stop eating Swiss Chalet fries on Friday night even if my calorie count allows for it (too much fat!)

2. Lose one pound per week for a total loss of 12 pounds at end of challenge. Completely "doable".

I control binge eating by giving in to "little" cravings when I have them. If I want chocolate, I weight it and count it as part of my intake, same for chips and the like. Have ONE serving which most people can fit into their plan. I binge when I don't give into the little cravings and they become HUGE!!!:eek:

simcoe
04-30-2003, 01:57 PM
Robin H. - congrats on the awesome weight loss so far. Way to go!!!!

RobinW
04-30-2003, 07:54 PM
Ok Im here to report my first day on this challenge. I did great!!! Even started posting in fitday.com again. This is a good thing, because when I put in my peanuts for a snack, it put me WAY over my carb and calorie limit. So I opted to have cottage cheese with some berries instead :D

Got all my water in, and Im off to go for my walk in a few minutes.

All in all, its been an excellent day!

Thanks Simcoe :)

Robin :wave:

simcoe
04-30-2003, 08:03 PM
:) Day one not bad for me either. As I post, I am doing my 20 minutes on the exercise bike. Calories ended up on target for the day also. Fats were okay, but saturated fat a bit higher than I would like.

Big step forward - my daughter wanted to go to her favorite greasy spoon for dinner on Friday, but I told her that we couldn't because it was a place I knew I would not stick to my plan. She was fine with it because she understands my struggles. So back to Swiss Chalet, baked potato, no fries!:D

Amarantha2
04-30-2003, 11:19 PM
Well, OKAY, CAMPERS: Here's the roster now:

Amarantha
Brunissen
Terri :)
Simcoe

A small, but MIGHTY contigent of CHAMPIONS, who in 12 weeks WILL be AMAZINGLY powerful in their improved fitness, health and determination ... in fact :drill: we are POWERFUL TO THE POWER OF FOUR!!! Woo-hoo!!!

Robin: I add to Simcoe's WTG on your success!!!! What a great inspiration to read your post!!! :strong:

Brunissen, I know we're not doing any off-topic on this thread, so hope I don't get thrown off by just noting that you are from my hometown! :wave: You're doing great on your weight loss journey!!!! :strong:

Simcoe: Great save on the Swiss Chalet and potato!!! :jig: That's the way to do it, Camper!!! It's great to see you again, BTW!!! You're doing great!

Determined to Succeed, you've come a long way on the path as well! I love your plan and determination, not to mention your great dog picture!

Ok! Here's my Day 3 report: Very pumped and happy with my plan. Rocky at first but trainer at gym is giving me a lot of support that I REALLY need. Did lower body X, stuck with food plan and still have a nutrition bar I'm planning on eating for the sixth meal. Threw out ALL THE SUGAR IN THE HOUSE this a.m. and even threw out the DIET BUTTER because I am enjoying food so much without additives. Blood sugar stable all day.

Over and out!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!

:drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill:

purduegirl
05-01-2003, 02:58 AM
Can I jump in?
Goal: Lose 13 pounds. That'll put me at 135.
Plan: Good 'ole countin' calories. 800 calorie deficit per day or 5600/week.
Exercise: 330 total miles running, walking, stairstepper, or elliptical trainer.
One More Thing: Record every last bite that I eat into Fitday--no cheating, even on weekends, because if I do, the whole thing just won't work.

purduegirl
05-01-2003, 03:01 AM
Day One Report
Calories: Goal exceeded, 1500 calorie deficit (I think FitDay estimates basal and lifestyle calories high.)
Exercise: Ran 5.7 miles.
Fitday: Every last bite!

Amarantha2
05-01-2003, 11:19 AM
Success Roster

Amarantha
Brunissen
Terri
Purduegirl
Simcoe

Welcome, Camper Purduegirl!! Wow, you had a great run ... you are who I want to be when I grow up!!! Good for you! :strong:

Avanti All!!!! :wave: STAY STRONG, WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Terri in MO
05-01-2003, 11:24 AM
Day one report ( a day late!)

Food - bringing it back under control from the church food high. DH made stir-fried pork and napa cabbage for dinner last night to help me on my goals.

Exercise - spinner was only 10 minutes but did walk the big dog 20 minutes later on in the evening. Starting out slow but will be in a better grove by Monday.

Staying focused - got to get back in the journalling mode. I am going to WW on Saturday with my sister so that will help.

P.S. Feel free to call me Terri.

HUH! (that's a big military grunt)! :lol:

brunissen
05-01-2003, 12:32 PM
Day One - REALLY well!

Food - 1230 Calories

Exercise - Managed 12 minutes of stair climbing - which is what my trainer wanted me to do. Damn near kilt me tho... :faint:

Water - 160 oz

This in spite of the fact that my puppy had to go to the emergency vet... :( I'm still stressed out over that, but once he's home and well I'll be fine - so I just need to stay on track today!

Amarantha - Colorado RULES! :D

Punkinseed
05-01-2003, 01:54 PM
Reporting for duty :drill:Ma'am!

I need this - I need a place where I am accountable and post (*gasp*) my weight! I'm weighing on Sunday and will post on Monday (still no 'puter at home).

Battle plan:
~ Set small, reasonable goals - you don't lose 90 pounds at a whack, you loose them 1 at a time.
~ Plain ol' calorie counting - I have my list of foods I always eat and a chart to keep track.
~ Some sort of activity 5 days a week - either yard work, elliptical, anything!
~ Report here - even if you all aren't going to be keeping an eye on me, I need to feel like it's a responsibility to be here.

Toodles,
:drill: Terri

Tipper
05-01-2003, 04:19 PM
Hi Girls. I am a few days late. I have been so busy I haven't had time to check the site since Christmas. I was part of the Christmas and Turkey challenge.

I hate to say it but my weight has done nothing but gone up. There was a lot of stress. I am ready to shed this extra baggage. I don't really have a set plan other than exercising atleast 5 days a week and watch what goes in my mount. I guess you could call that a plan.

I am currently at 212 this morning. I am going to kickboxing every wednesday and the other days I am walking/jogging 2.5 miles with my husband. I plan to add some pilates in there atleast once a week, as well as, the most important ab work.

12 weeks is a long time to guess where I would like to be so I will say 30 pounds.

Gook luck to all of you. Look forward to the chats.
Tipper

simcoe
05-01-2003, 07:53 PM
Another day almost down. Calories and fat grams in check; water on target, too. Tonight I will using my exercise tubes as my work out since my aerobics class has been cancelled (damn them...don't they know we have a challenge going on here!!!:lol:

Great to see everyone is still motivated and doing well. Thanks to our fearless leader for keeping us on track:drill:

RobinW
05-02-2003, 12:53 AM
Doing great....got in all my water and then some, took my walk tonight. It wasnt as long as it usually was, but at least I got it in. Carbs and calories are on target :D

Night Ladies
Robin

purduegirl
05-02-2003, 02:06 AM
Calorie Deficit: 1784
Total since challenge began: 3284
Remaining to attain goal: 45,716 (based on goal lbs to lose
times 3500 cal/lb)

Exercise: 5.62 miles
Total since challenge began: 11.32
Remaining to attain goal: 318.68

Fitday: Every last bite!!! (Even the 11 M&M's that I snuck in are
safely recorded in Fitday)

:) :dancer:

Amarantha2
05-02-2003, 09:28 AM
Yowza, yowza, yowza!!!! Punkin and Tipper are in the house, er, camp!!! Here's the new roster:

SUCCESSFUL SEVEN ROSTER

Amarantha
Brunissen
Terri
Purduegirl
Punkinseed
Simcoe
Tipper

My Day Four Report: Aerobics on this plan are like falling off a log easy, so did 'em and was off to work. Eating was challenging because time crunched and the six meal a day thing led to a bit more reliance on nutrition bars than I thought fit, but everything worked out ok and I got all the meals in plus they were pretty close to perfect calorie and healthwise. Taking day off to rest brain and going to gym in afternoon when it's quiet and can concentrate on getting the upper body workout just right. Journaling is the main thing on this plan. Got "before" pics back. Had interesting talk with someone about the spirit of transformation ... long story and I'm pledged to be brief ... but I know this is a mind, body, spirit quest I'm on and I WILL SUCCEED!

EVERYONE IS DOING WONDERFULLY AND WE ARE GOING TO GO THE DISTANCE HERE AND STAY ON PLAN!!! No slackers here!!! Yes, Punkin, WE ARE WATCHING!!! :drill:

"One, two, three, four, let's slog on a little more ..."

I promised to be brief, so for further elaboration on my attitude re this challenge, please see my motto (from :queen: Vic) below! :wave:

:drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill:

Terri in MO
05-02-2003, 09:33 AM
Thursday's report:

Food okay - can and will do better when DH and I get our heads back together this weekend.

Exercise - Did 17 mintutes on the spinner, conditioning exercises for the arms (5 lb weights 2 sets of 8), and walked the dog.

Need more water.

Need to journal! :o

Got my nails done!

I'm off to work and will be spending the weekend with my sis - so no reports from me until Sunday. We will be going to WW, walking and not pigging out.

brunissen
05-02-2003, 12:16 PM
Food - 1109 Calories, should have eaten more but was too stressed out by puppy trauma.

Exercise - 9 minutes on Elliptical, and 1 hour session with personal trainer working on chest.

Water - 144 oz - wish I would have had a bit more...

Still not getting enough fruits/veggies in diet....a trip to the grocery store this weekend will remedy that!

simcoe
05-02-2003, 01:11 PM
Brunissen, are you really drinking 144 oz of water per day!!!! Holy cow, I can barely get in 32 oz. You must be floating half of the time:lol:

By the way, what is an Elliptical? I have heard alot of people talking about it, but have not idea what it is :?:

brunissen
05-02-2003, 02:13 PM
:lol: Living in a really dry climate I've learned to drink a whole lotta water...I also stay away from juice and sodas so it's my only liquid for the day.

I don't really know how to describe an Elliptical trainer, so the easiest thing is to give a link that shows some...

http://www.precor.com/cpr_efx.php

It's completely non-impact, and you make kind of a walking/running motion. The ones with the moving arms are really tough too in my opinion....

Tipper
05-02-2003, 03:19 PM
My day is going well.

So far I have had oatmeal, banana, peanutbutter sandwich on
wheat bread, and about 10 cinasticks.:dizzy: Love those things.
Last night I did about 50 sit ups. We had some bad storms so walking was out. Tonight I want to make up for some of it and go atleast 3 miles. :dancer:

Didn't way this morning. Getting over that hateful monthly visit.:devil:

Talk later

Punkinseed
05-02-2003, 04:05 PM
Reporting for duty!

Today - perfection so far. I had a hankerin' for chinese food last night - I ate 1/2 and brought the rest for lunch today (with a salad). :cb:

Brunissen - Yea, I can't explain an elliptical either - but I love mine!

I ordered 4 bellydancing exercise DVD's yesterday and can't wait!!!!

Off to continue my calorie counting cheat-sheet...

Terri

Amarantha2
05-02-2003, 08:37 PM
Reporting early as this is my authorized "free" day ... the plan encourages one to depart from the straight and narrow and just eat whatever once a week. The journal schedules this for Sunday but the book says to take it anytime, so that's what I did! Woo-hoo!!! What fun!

Did the authorized upper body workout at gym ... really getting stronger.

The elliptical machine at the gym hurts my knees a bit but I'd like to master it as it can really simulate running and I want to start running again at some point.

Tipper: What are cinasticks? I love cinnamon. Have fallen in love with a certain cinnamon roll flavored nutrition bar ... I'm having to limit myself to one a day as I bought a whole box.

I AM GOING TO DO THIS!!!

Wildfire
05-02-2003, 08:47 PM
Private Wildfire reporting for duty! :drill:

I'm going to carry on my one-week challenges for the next 11 (? left?) weeks.

Goals:

drink 48-64oz of water daily
exercise every day in some form
Journal food/activities at FitDay every day
Calories daily between 1300 - 1700
Eat more fruit/veggies
Plan meals to avoid eating junk food!
Sleep minimum of 7 hours per night - Get to bed on time!!!
Weight loss goal 12 lbs

:wave: everyone!

RobinW
05-02-2003, 09:35 PM
Had another good day....I sure hope I can keep this up!! The promise of being 36lbs lighter at the end of this is VERY appealing!

Ok....kept my carb and calorie intake within range, got all my water drunk, and did my usual 55min walk :D

We ended up going out for supper tonight, and I only ate 3 fries off my plate!! and yes, they are added into my fitday count.

I havent pulled the weights out yet....I spose I should get on that.

Have a nice evening

Amarantha2
05-02-2003, 11:49 PM
Yowza, again! Private Wildfire be amongst us ... we all be privates in this camp, Wild One, until the 12 weeks are up, then we can be SERGEANTS (methinks?), SUPER AND SLENDER SERGEANTS? :drill:

EGREGIOUSLY ELEGANT EIGHT ROSTER

Amarantha
Brunissen
Terri
Purduegirl
Punkinseed
Simcoe
Tipper
Wildfire

"SOUND OFF!! SOUND OFF!! POUNDS OF FAT GET OUTTA TOWN! WE DON'T WANT THOSE POUNDS AROUND! SOUND OFF! SOUND OFF!!"

:drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill:

purduegirl
05-03-2003, 05:33 AM
Reporting for Day Five

Calorie Deficit: 973
Total: 4,257
Remaining: 44,743

Exercise: None Today
Total: 11.23
Remaining: 318.68

Journaling: Yep, journaled everything.

Amarantha2
05-03-2003, 12:12 PM
IT'S THE WEEKEND, CAMPERS!!!! LET'S NOT LET THAT STEER US OFF COURSE OR LULL US INTO A FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY!!! THE EVIL EXTRA FOOD CALORIE CREEPER WAITS FOR JUST SUCH AN OPPORTUNITY TO SLIP IN AND QUICKLY INJECT STUFF WE REALLY DON'T WANNA EAT INTO OUR SOON TO BE MORE SLENDER BODIES!!! WE CAN'T LET HIM GET AWAY WITH THAT!!! (THIS MEANS YOU, AMARANTHA!!!) :drill:

Oh, was I shouting? How gauche! :) Let's just please go out and have a lovely Saturday and not worry about those silly little calories. :wave: NOT!!! :drill:

RobinW
05-03-2003, 09:16 PM
Saturday Report

All is right in my little corner of the world!! Carbs and calories are on track again today.....and I did my 55 min walk!

My weekend starts tomorrow, sun/mon are my very tricky days.

Til Tomorrow
Robin

losingsena
05-03-2003, 09:31 PM
HELLO AMARANTHA..... THIS IS MY PLEDGE TO MYSELF....
FROM THIS DAY I START MY OWN CREATED DIET PLAN, I WILL EAT 1400-1600 CALORIES A DAY. THAT WAS RECOMMENDED BY MY DIETICIAN. I AM EATING LEAN CUISINES AND HEALTHY CHOICE ,ALSO WEIGHT WATCHERS MEALS. THEY ARE GGOD AND I ENJOY THEM SINCE THERE CALORIE CONTROLLED AND PORTIONED. I WILL ALSO EAT LOW FAT SUBWAY SUBS WITHOUT ALL THE FATTENING JUNK.

EXCERSIZE....WALKING DAILY, WATER AROBICS AND SOME LIGHT WEIGHTS.

NEEDED....MOTIVATION TO KEEP GOING EVERYDAY, I KNOW I NEED TO THINK POSITIVE THOUGHTS, I AM WORTH BEING HAPPY. THIS SUMMER I PLAN TO MOVE GROOVE AND LOSE, NOT SNOOZE!!! THANKS TO YOU ALL FOR BEING HERE EVERYDAY FOR ME AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO FIGHTS THIS THING CALLED THE BATTLE OF THE BULGE.

STARTING WEIGHT AS OF MAY 3, 256
GOAL WEIGHT IN ONE YEAR 160
SHORT TERM GOAL JUNE 3, 240 OR LESS

LET THE GAMES BEGIN AND DO I HEAR SWEATING OUT THERE???

LOSING SENA OVER AND OUT.......:drill: MOVE THEM BUNS GIRLY!

simcoe
05-03-2003, 10:01 PM
Saturday Report and all going well. Had 15 minutes on the bike and a 45 minute walk. Did the dreaded deed this morning and skipped breakfast so ate a not so good lunch. I counted the calories though and stayed within my limit but blew the fat.
All in all, not bad.:angel:

purduegirl
05-04-2003, 02:30 AM
Report for Saturday

Calorie Deficit: 645 GOAL NOT MET (of 800) :nono:
Remaining: 44098

Exercise: None :(
Total Miles: 11.23
Remaining: 318.68

Journaling: Yep :cp: Although I had to do some estimations for the fruit pizza I ate at a bridal shower today.

Plan to ensure that tomorrow's goal is met: Drag myself over to the gym (even if I can't get there till 10pm), take my chem book w/ me, and study while on the elliptical. Finals shouldn't be an excuse not to exercise.:nono:

Amarantha2
05-04-2003, 04:11 AM
Yo! Welcome Losingsena, to the challenge!!! :wave: :drill: Here is the new roster!!! Let's keep up this good work, Success Campers!!!!

The No-Nonsense Nine Totally Committed Successful Campers

Amarantha
Brunissen
Losingsena
Purduegirl
Punkinseed
Simcoe
Terri
Tipper
Wildfire

My Day 6 Report: All systems go! Redid my BFL journal, pasted in the "before" pictures, ate on schedule and did aerobics (treadmill) per program. Tomorrow is my weigh-in day; I'm doing it on the last day of the plan's week instead of the first. Not sure I expect a loss but we'll see, either way is fine and I'm committed to continue. Need to do some paying work as well, and determined not to let deadline stress throw me off this program, as I know weight loss is a priority right now and will help in all areas of life, including work! :drill: :strong: Staying the course! :drill:

Wildfire
05-04-2003, 08:28 AM
Demon Scale reports no loss, no gain. I'll take that, considering the week I had. Fresh week starting today and I'm sticking to plan!

I'm trying to figure out do I call this week 1 of 11, since I started the challenge a week late, or week 4 of the one-week challenge, or week 1 of 12 of the 12-week challenge which means I'd finish a week later than most of you....:dizzy: I think I'll just call it Day 1.

Here's to a great day, and here's to us for persevering and challenging ourselves to meet our goals!

Amarantha2
05-04-2003, 11:53 AM
Yo! Camper Wildfire, Amarantha consulted the :drill: about your question and she thinks thou shouldst call the day whatever the heck thou wisheth!!! :) Amarantha also confuseth herself because I'm recording this as week 2 of my 12-week challenge, since I'm weighing in on the seventh day of my challenge week instead of the first, so technically I'm in week 1!!! :jig: Anyhoo, this is my Day 7!

My weight report is below. Not much joy from Demon Scale but Angel Tape Measurer arrived to rescue me!!! I have decided to make a real commitment here and pitch all large size jeans. Of course, that means I'll have to delay the start of work and go buy more jeans! What a shame!

LET'S CALL THIS THE 12-WEEK CHALLENGE CAMP'S FIRST SUPER-STAY-ON-TRACK SUNDAY!!! :drill: DO YOU HEAR ME? :drill: NO SLACKERS! :drill: JUST DO IT!!! NO EXCUSES!!! :drill:

Ok? Please? Whadda yu think? Maybe? :drill:

OK! :drill: I'm with you on this! Signed, Amarantha!

Over and out!

Arabella
05-04-2003, 02:05 PM
Hi All Fair Challengers!

I actually started last Monday, but didn't have time to report in, so I'm counting this as my day seven and tomorrow as the start of Week 2. Yahoo!

My plan: mostly low-carbish, next to no sugar, flour, processed food. Lots of water, veggies and fruits. Aiming for an hour or more of exercise daily, and am really - yes, really - going to start meditating regularly. I'm pretty excited about the 12 weeks because they take me up to a few days before my birthday, so that will be extra special. Aiming for 25 pounds off by then, which should be doable :)

Let's go!

RobinW
05-04-2003, 09:17 PM
Yahhhhhhhhhh I got thru a sunday without a cheat!! One more day and then its back to routine!

Im actually under in my carbs and calories today. I spose thats ok if I dont do it very often. Got all my water in, and my walk, one 45min walk, and a 30 min walk with hubby around the lake :D

Tomorrow is monday, and from the beginning of this challenge I said I was going to get my weights out and start back. Well tomorrow is the day. Im making a promise to myself to get it done!!

Feeling great and very proud of myself.....I keep telling myself, its only 36 lbs, and Ive got 11 weeks left to do it. Piece of low carb cake!!!!

Its only 36 lbs, its only 36 lbs, its only 36 lbs, its only 36 lbs.
I can do this!!!!!! :strong:

Have a great night ladies

simcoe
05-04-2003, 09:22 PM
Super Sunday...okay not Super, but how about "I can live with it Sunday". Another day out today, which means my calories are fine but my fat is out to lunch.

On the brighter side, water done, well about required exercise (played tennis with the kidlet, gardened with the DH). Did not overdo or overindulge on any one thing. Final weigh in for the week tomorrow :dizzy:

losingsena
05-04-2003, 09:58 PM
well today kinda dident do the workout so tomorrow being m onday sounds like a good start.
i always like starting out new. lol well my friend had gastric bypass surgery and lost 1oo pounds, i actually weigh 50 pounds more than her now, :( i feel weird and left behind but one that has surgery losses weight so fast its hard to compete with them. i am trying to do this the right way.
tomorrow is my excersize class at the y, pray i make it through.
untill i have somthing good to report, i will see ya next time, good luck to ya all. :smug: losing sena ;)

Amarantha2
05-04-2003, 10:44 PM
The Wood Nymph Arabella hath joined the SUCCESS CAMP and hath seven days o' success to report!!!! That's the way to do it, WN soldier! :drill: Here be the new sign-up sheet:

SUCCESS TO THE POWER O' TEN ROSTER
Amarantha
Arabella
Brunissen
Losingsena
Purduegirl
Punkinseed
Simcoe
Terri
Tipper
Wildfire

My Day 7 report: All systems go, though Meal 6 was a bit too early. Ideally, it should be at 9 p.m. and that's a long way from now. But I can deal with it. Rest day (from exercise, not from work) ... only exercise was walking around in smaller size jeans! Moving on to Day 8!

ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR, LET'S SLOG ON A LITTLE MORE!!! We are doing this! There can be no doubt of the successful conclusion of each and every camper's 12-week challenge!!! Have a great Monday morning, all!

:drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill:

brunissen
05-05-2003, 11:50 AM
:censored: weekends!!

They get me almost every time! I did bad bad bad this weekend - couldn't fight the cravings, and other than working in the yard on Sunday, I did ZERO exercise! So today I'm back on track, and will be working out with the trainer tonight.

Thankfully the weight loss gods were kind to me anyway, here's my numbers:

Weight 04/28/03: 316.2
Weight 05/05/03: 311.6
Difference: -4.6

Today I will eat according to my food plan, drink 160 oz of water, workout with the trainer for 1 hour, and I will do my stretching tonight before bed!

On a related note, I got my "Yoga for the Inflexible" and as soon as I can figure out why I get sound but no pic from my player, I'm going to go through the basic program....[B]

Amarantha2
05-05-2003, 03:28 PM
Yo! Pals and campers ... because of problems I'm having with the site (computer-related, not people-related), I'm not going to be able to post here anymore ... or at least until I figure out what is happening. I can't afford to risk my computer's "health" until I find out what the problem is.

Everybody, keep up the good work!!!! I know I will!

Over and out!

simcoe
05-05-2003, 09:48 PM
Brunissen, way to go on the loss!! :bravo:

All in all, week one was pretty good. Weigh in today, and I am down 1/2 a pound from last week. Hey, I'll take it.

Good day today, stayed on target and got the aerobics done tonight. Looking forward to a terrific tuesday.:)

Wildfire
05-06-2003, 08:21 AM
Day two done well, and on to Day three. Demon Scale is now showing a one pound loss. He's on to my scheduled weigh-in and is playing games, it seems!

Congrats to our losers! :cp:

Come on, Boot Campers....report, report, report! :drill: Let's keep this challenge going so Amarantha will have one to come back to when she straightens out her computer problems!

Here's to a day filled with good choices!

Arabella
05-06-2003, 09:41 AM
Very well, then! I'm reporting in on Week 2 Day 1 success. I'm one pound down from the last time I weighed, which was a while ago, to be sure. Onward!

RobinW
05-06-2003, 10:50 AM
Was too tired to post last night for yesterdays report......so

for Monday....

Calories and Carbs were on track, but I didnt get any exercise in. I suppose that will be my only day this week without exercise.

Congratulations to all our losers :bravo: great job!! Keep it up!

Me personally Im not getting on the scale for another week, I dont want to be discouraged by a no-loss ......the evil scale has terrible powers over me, and I wont let it sabotage my work :D

brunissen
05-06-2003, 11:30 AM
Monday
Food - went very well
Exercise - spent an hour with the evil trainer doing plyometrics (my butt and legs still hurt!)
Water - 176oz

Didn't do my stretching, so I need to work on that....

About to get rid of my biggest problem - MY JOB! I've got an offer for a new one that's going to be so much better! :D

Plan for today - same as yesterday, with the addition of the stretching.

:)

Wildfire
05-06-2003, 08:00 PM
Day Three

Almost done, going to jump on the treadmill in a few minutes.

Brunissen, congrats on the job! :dancer: Have to ask...what are plyometrics?

RobinH, I didn't mean to imply that everyone needed to weigh in, just report in. :) I report official weigh-ins on Sunday...I was commenting that my scale seemed to have figured out that Sunday is my day, and held on to the pound on me! :D

Arabella, congrats on the 1lb loss! :cb:

Posting or reporting in daily accomplishes a few things:

It keeps the thread active, which keeps it in sight when we visit the board, which reminds us about our dedication to the challenge, which reminds us of our goals, which makes us want to stay on plan, which makes us check in to see how others are doing for inspiration and motivation.

Let's keep up the great work! Just think where you can be in 12 weeks by staying on the challenge :strong:...and then think where you'll be if you don't! :sorry:

simcoe
05-06-2003, 08:49 PM
Terrific Tuesday done! All goals met plus did a 30 minute video aerobic workout :strong: All set for a Wonderful Wednesday :D

Congrats on everyone's continued success. I agree with Wildfire; lets not let our fearless leader (or ourselves) down!! Need help? We are here to support!

RobinW
05-06-2003, 08:53 PM
Reporting in

Had a better eating day, actually ate all I was suppose to. Right on calories and under in carbs (even better)

Got my 55 min walk in, and another 30 min walk after supper with hubby.

All in all a good day.

I know you didnt wildfire, I spose I was just sounding off about my personal problem with the evil scales. Im one of those ppl who if the scale doesnt say what I want it to, I binge, or nibble, basically toss in the towel for the day and eat everything Im not suppose to. So.....good for me :D I managed to stay off them a few more days :lol:

Dont know why, but Im very tired, early night for me
Night ladies

Terri in MO
05-06-2003, 09:47 PM
I'm here!

This may constitute as whining but I've been tied up taking care of family crises. Its really zapping my energy level but I'm trying to hang in there.

I was accountable and went to WW WI on Saturday morning. I was up .4 but was satisfied with that because the whole week before was a :oink: week with the funeral and too much church food. None of which was WW friendly. But I've got too really good food days under my belt this week. Last night I spent too much time on the phone taking care of mothers (mine was very close to tornado damage and MIL is recently widowed). I was too zapped after being on the phone for 1-1/2 hours to exercise.

I need encouragement to make time for myself. Feeling a tad overwhelmed at the moment. I will hang in there though!

simcoe
05-07-2003, 10:50 AM
Determined to Succeed - welcome back!! Congrats. on going back to WW and facing the music. It is the tougher route to keep going back and much easier to get stressed and just ignore your goals.

I can relate to how hard it is to make time for myself (isn't it funny how we consider exercising as taking time for ourselves and not a health issue?). I focus on how good I feel afterwards and how proud I am of myself. It is the same as the days when you just don't feel like exercising or staying on program but you get up and do it anyways. If I don't, I make myself completely accountable - no excuses. Remember also that exercise is a total stress reliever and you usually feel better afterwards. Nothing feels better than a walk after a crappy day.

Make yourself as big a priority as everyone else. Their goals and needs are no more or less important than yours. You can do this!! We all can do this!!! Keep hanging in. :)

brunissen
05-07-2003, 12:23 PM
Food - 1345 calories!
Exercise - 1 hour with the trainer (arms) and 8 minute warmup on the Elliptical
Water - a new personal best for me - 192 oz! (no wonder I peed so much yesterday!)

Today: Keep on track with the food, drink my water, 35 minutes of cardio tonight, and take the puppy for a nice walk!

Wildfire - Plyometrics is something athletes do to condition their muslces for more power. I have to do them in an effort to improve my coordination and balance. I don't know how to explain it well, but here's a website with more info:
http://www.weightsnet.com/Docs/plyometrics.html

My trainer is a baseball coach & former player (college ball) and he's a big believer in them so we use them for my legs weekly. I hate them, but they do seem to work. We have yet to work up to squat jumps or anything foul like that - but he says it won't be long before I have enough strength for that. (Have I mentioned what an evil ******* my trainer is???)

Terri in MO
05-07-2003, 08:15 PM
Reporting in for duty! :drill:

Wednesday was a much better day. I read your post Simcoe and it stuck with me all day. Thanks so much for the pep talk!

Food was great. I'm going to make chicken tenders (non-fried) and a spinach salad for dinner. DH is away so I can make foo-foo food! :lol:

I walked the dog this morning. It was cooler than I thought out so we sped up. I'm finding it easier to walk at a faster pace now. Wears the dog out but feels great to me!! I also did my conditioning exercises this morning. :barbell: Tonight, I didn't do anything else when I got home but head for the rec room for exercise. I drug out my Tae Bo tape. I made myself stay through the whole routine and marched in place where I couldn't do all the reps. Wowsa, I had forgotten how I love that workout. The sweet feel of sweat! :lol:

So I'm feeling great! :strong:

Wildfire
05-07-2003, 08:36 PM
I'm a little under in water today, so I'm chugging a couple of glasses while I'm here. Otherwise, done!

We had a company BBQ today and I just had a single hamburger, no cheese. Stayed away from the sausages! :cb:

Robin, I'm just the opposite when it comes to the scale. I'm an everyday weigher, even though many say it's not a good habit. If I see it going down, it motivates me to keep it going down, and if I see it going up, it motivates me to smarten the heck up and get it back down! I only record an official weight once a week, though. I say whatever works, do it! I wish I could stay off the scale....it's become part of my morning....okay, so I'm obsessed. :dizzy:

Determined to Succeed...if you're feeling overwhelmed, how about taking one good habit, like drinking your water or not eating junk food, or whatever, and concentrate on just doing that for a week or so. Gradually you'll find the rest start falling into place again. It's okay to take a breather if you need it. If you can only handle one thing for a while, you're still better off with that one thing than chucking it all! You're worth making time for, just like your mothers are. Glad to hear today was better for you.

Brunissen, thanks for the link. I understand now...never heard the term before. I admire your committment! It's your trainer's job to be an evil *******....and you're paying him to be one! :lol: That's what gets the results....you're determined to prove you CAN do it.

Simcoe, GREAT pep talk! You're so right! :yes:

Hup, two, three, four.... :drill:

simcoe
05-07-2003, 08:45 PM
Reporting in for Wednesday. Good day today, met all the goals and for exercise tonight the kidlet and I rode our bikes to the tennis court and had a 35 minute game. I think it is great when we can motivate our kids and show them that exercise is fun, as well as good for us.

Terri, way to go on a great day:) The power of positive thinking truly is amazing. Let's both of us stay on track for another good tomorrow:spin:

RobinW
05-07-2003, 10:34 PM
Wednesday's report

Well, I think Im in that place......you know that place when you start a diet, and there is no stopping you. Im there!! I dont know how long its going to last, but Im going to make full use of it while its here!!

Calories are under but carbs are right on. Drank all my water and then some. Did my 45 min walk this afternoon, and because I was so restless last night I thought I would do another walk after supper to burn off some of the energy tonight....so I did 3.6 miles after supper. Yup, now Im tired, a good tired. Off to a hot steamy shower, and crawl into bed with a book :)

Keep up the great work everyone, only 11 weeks left!!

brunissen
05-08-2003, 11:30 AM
Did really well on Wednesday - it helps to keep me on track knowing I'll be reporting here and won't get judged if I screw up.

Food - 1383 calories
Exercise - 35 min on the Elliptical, also a 30 minute walk with my puppy.
Water - 160 oz

I was dead tired, but in a good way.

Today's plan:

Stay on track with the food, drink my water, 1 hour with the evil ******* trainer, also if it's not raining, a walk with the puppy (it makes him soooo happy!)

:D

deleted2
05-08-2003, 07:46 PM
Hi! I know I'm late, but can I join in? I'm hurdling toward my 40th birthday and I want to be fabulous!:D

Walked 4 miles on the treadmill today and did 20 minutes of Pilates. I think I'm going to end the day around 1600 calories.

I'm going to plan my meals, snacks, and exercise the night before---that works well for me.
Anybody want to share their workout plan for tomorrow? Just for fun--to see how close the plan comes to reality?
I'll start--Tomorrow I'll do 30 min. of pilates, a 30 min. bellydancing video, and a dumbell routine! Time will tell......;)

simcoe
05-08-2003, 08:56 PM
Thursday done. :D All goals on target and as planned. My exercise was aerobics class for 60 minutes, plus I rode my bike to get there. Now I am pooped:yawn: Looking forward to a positive Friday.

My only problem is the weekends. I always struggle to stay on goal; not with exercise, which I actually like to do, but staying on eating plan. Anyone else deal with this? What do you do?:?:

Wildfire
05-08-2003, 09:19 PM
Day Five Done! And tomorrow is FRIIIIDAAAAY!!!!

Robin H, ride that wave of motivation!

Eydie, of course you can join us! Let's see...tomorrow I plan to get on the treadmill for an hour, do those boring doctor-prescribed back exercises and some ab work.

Simcoe, my problem on weekends is that I get up early (6-7am) and have breakfast....then I get busy and before I know it, it's 2pm and my blood sugar is dropping, I'm cranky and shaky and eat the first thing I can find that is filled with sugar to stop it! I drop in to 3FC often during the weekend, even if it's just to browse other threads to see what's going on to remind myself I want to succeed.

Hoping for a 1lb loss on Sunday, so I'm going to try reallllly hard to stay on plan this weekend.

Let's do it, girls! :drill:

RobinW
05-08-2003, 10:00 PM
Thursdays Report

All is good and well in my little corner of the world. Carbs and calories are on target, and did my 55 min walk, and another 30 min after supper.

Eydie :wave: welcome!!

Simcoe, I have a very hard time staying op during my weekends. What do I do? Pray I'll make til tuesday :lol:

Night all

deleted2
05-09-2003, 08:20 AM
Simcoe, I tend to have a harder time staying on track on weekends too. That's always puzzled me, because having more free time I should be more focused, etc. I guess socializing, going out, having people over for lovely Sunday breakfasts takes it's toll! And I work out LESS than on my workdays.
So my plan is to go into this weekend with total awareness and see if I can make this a great weekend. Who's with me?;)

simcoe
05-09-2003, 10:27 AM
Eydie, Robin and Wildfire - thanks for the great suggestions, especially the one about praying for Tuesday!!!! I am with you guys, let's all focus and see if we can't make it through this. After all, it is just another two days of the week.

I agree Eydie, you would think that because we have more time, weekends would be easier. I guess that we have always seen weekends as a time to relax, maybe we take it literally. Who knows.

Anyways, I raise my glass of H20 to the group and look forward to an awesome weekend.:cool:

brunissen
05-09-2003, 02:50 PM
Food - too many calories - 1800 total
Exercise - 1 hour with the trainer, and 13 minutes on the Elliptical
Water - Only 136oz (I aim for 150 minumum)

I've been worried about a friend, so I was craving sweets and salt. I did a pretty good job fighting the urges tho.

Plan for today;
I'm going out with friends, so I'm going to eat a few more calories than I should - but I plan to keep it at about 1600 calories. No alcohol - water water water! Won't be able to get to the gym tonight, but I'll be working out with the trainer on Saturday, and doing cardio on Sunday....

Speaking of weekends - I have a HORRIBLE time staying on track on weekends. It's way too easy to fall into my habit of laying on the couch, stuffing my face and not exercising. If I'm busy at work during the week, I don't have time to think about food and things like that, but with nothing to occupy me on the weekends, food is sometimes all I think about....*sigh*

Hope everyone has a great and successful weekend!!!

RobinW
05-10-2003, 01:44 AM
Friday night check in

All is well, and on track. Did my 2 walks today :D

Nighty night

Wildfire
05-10-2003, 09:05 AM
Day six ended without ANY exercise. I fell asleep reading the newspaper on the living room floor! :yawn: On to Day Seven. :shrug:

Alright, girls....most of us seem to have problems over the weekend. How can we address this?

Check in here when you can for a reminder.

JUST SAY NO! :D....drink a glass of water when you want to go for that extra, unplanned snack. Tell yourself it's just two days and you can have that *whatever* any time you want, you just don't want it this weekend!

Plan your exercise just like any other activity you have to do this weekend. A half hour brisk walk is better than nothing at all! We can ALL manage that.

Plan your meals! Include salads or veggies as a main dish and carbs as a side. Don't forget the lean protein!

Write it all down!

It's just two days....we can do THAT!!!! :drill:

deleted2
05-10-2003, 09:59 AM
Saturday! The weekend has officially started. How's it going? Does everyone have a plan? [Thanks for the tips, Wildfire!:) ]

My challenge today is being out in the big bad world, and making good food choices. I have a plan though--and if I have a treat it has to be something packaged with nutritional info---no big slabs of fried cheesecake on a stick or anything like that.
I've already gotten in my workout: 1/2 hour step video, 20 min. Pilates and a quick 10 min. dumbell routine---so If I do nothing else today I'm okay.

Have a healthy weekend, everybody!

RobinW
05-10-2003, 07:41 PM
Well the day is almost over, and I made it :D Carbs and calories are right on!!

Didnt get much exercise today, truck broke down (its not a year old yet) been dealing with that. If I get a chance I'll go for a walk after supper.

Tomorrow starts my weekend......wish me luck!

Terri in MO
05-10-2003, 08:01 PM
Went to WI this morning and was pleasantly surprised with a 2 pound loss! Even though I had a great week, I was expecting to see a maintain. I have to thank this challenge and Simcoe for helping me to put my eating and exercise needs before others.

No exercise today. We had really severe storms come through the area between 3:30 am and 5:30 am so sleep was disrupted. I've been off kelter all day as a result. I relented and turned on the A/C because the humidity is making me cranky. :o

Weekends are my challenge and I've given up trying to change them. Now don't go firing off a post just yet. :s: Most times, we end up eating a late breakfast, eating more for breakfast than during the week or more eating out. Plus DH likes steak on Saturday night. Sunday usually works about the same and mostly its a two meal day. Its been too hard to get DH to change. SO! How I compensate is to keep my points (on WW) low during the week and plan for the higher point days on Saturday and Sunday. I also try to earn my max exercise points so that I have a good bank built up. That allows me to eat with DH. I do try to slim down the meals we have without interfering with his steak. Although, I do have trouble doing my exercises even though I have great intentions for lots of physical activity. Maybe I need an evil ******* trainer!! :lol: The real :devil: I fight is the mindless eating when its gloomy out or I don't feel good. Banked points help with that too. Its still a struggle but this method helps me feel more in control.

Tomorrow we're having tacos down at mom's. That way I can limit my meat and cheese and load up on lettuce and tomatoes. I also bought special shells that are low in WW points so I get to have my shells too! Its a two-hour drive so I may not get much exercise. If not, I'll be back at it hard on Monday.

Have a great Mother's Day!

Amarantha2
05-10-2003, 10:17 PM
Yo! I think I can come back now! (Cheers, huzzahs not necessary!!!! :jig:) Figured out why I have a problem with this site computer wise and it's not dangerous (computerwise).

Doing wonderfully on my challenge ... hoping for a scale victory tomorrow but don't really care since my smaller size jeans are already loose, my sugar cravings are gone and my exercise and eating habits vastly improved.

I'll be back!

Welcome, Eydie and anyone else I missed. Woo-hoo!

Have to continue working, way behind!!!

Wildfire
05-11-2003, 08:46 AM
Amarantha is back!!! Amarantha is back!!! :dance: :hyper: :cp: Glad you've re-joined us!

Just did the official Sunday morning weigh-in, and Demon Scale must be feeling guilty about depriving me because I'm down to 177!! That's 2lbs lost! 10 more to go for my challenge goal. :dancer:

Had coffee with a new friend yesterday at a to-die-for coffee and dessert shop....and just had a cup of coffee. NSV!

determined to succeed....that's what long-term, realistic weight loss is all about....making it fit in your lifestyle, otherwise you're bound to fail. Life is gonna happen, we can't stop it, so we have to adjust and learn to work with it. There is NO reason why you can't enjoy steak on Saturdays or bigger breakfasts on the weekends (we do that one, too). You just have to work it in, and you are so don't feel like you're doing anything wrong! It's whatever works for you that's going to help you succeed! :high:

Robin H, sorry about the truck breakdown...at least it's under warranty still!

Eydie...fried cheesecake on a stick? :yikes: Hadn't ever heard of that one....and don't think I want to experience it!

Let's have a sensational Sunday! Happy Mothers' Day to all, whether your kids are human, furry, feathered, reptilian, or fish!

deleted2
05-11-2003, 09:35 AM
No, Wildfire--I just made up the fried cheesecake--I hope it doesn't actually exist somewhere in this crazy world. Altho I did see big chunks of chocolate-dipped cheesecake on a stick for sale somewhere. Shock and awe.......

Did very well yesterday on my trip to the big city. Have recorded it in my journal. Don't know what my calorie count was for the day but by the end of the day I was still able to purchase some tight, admittedly way-too-young-for-me jeans and feel good about it! [Mid-life Crisis?]

Ahh, Sunday. My day for a big late breakfast, so I'm going for it!;) Sweet potato-cornmeal pancakes w/ strawberries and real maple syrup. Couple of soy sausages on the side, and as much coffee as I want. I usually take Sundays off as far as exercise goes, but today I'll do some, but nothing too heroic--maybe some yoga, Pilates, and weights. That's the plan anyway....:D :o :s: :devil:

Amarantha2
05-11-2003, 11:43 AM
Ok, bought a scale that does NOT measure .2s of a pound and is of the kind I weighed on the week before I started this SO, I readjusted starting weight to reflect the way this scale weighs and then I weighed myself on this scale (twice) and it says I've lost two pounds! So I'm declaring a two pound loss ... whether that is ultimate universal truth depends on how you look at it, but that's the way I'm looking at it!!! My new jeans are loose, my back has muscles on it and I look thinner, fitter and just altogether more gorgeous, SO I AM SUCCEEDING! The trainer at the gym says when you add a lot of muscle, you have to really lose a ton of fat before it registers on the scale and I think I HAVE added a ton of muscle.

I'm beginning to think the every day weighers have a point ... at least there's no surprises when you do it that way. Maybe I'll do so or at least go to twice a week.

Everyone here is doing wonderfully. Hope to get back in the bootcamp mode anon!!!!

It's my day off from BFL and I'm going to eat a doughnut! Hoorah! Over and out, campers!!!

:drill: :drill: :drill: :drill:

simcoe
05-11-2003, 01:04 PM
Happy Mother's Day and congrats to all of us on our losses and for doing our very best to stay on target:D

I have not reported since Thursday night, because Friday I was sooooo tired and did not have the energy :p . My daughter is on a power cheerleading team and yesterday we had our final competition. It is at a big themepark in the area and it is called Canada's Wonderland and is full of greasy, gooey and yummy treats. :devil: We were out from 7:30 am until 9:30 pm and even though I ate stuff I would normally not eat, I stayed in my calorie range and got in LOTS of walking (over my 10,000 steps) so all in all, I will call it a success.

Out for a yummy Mother's Day dinner tonight at a restaurant tonight where I know I can have a healthy dinner and even though it is raining out here, I hope to get outside today.

Way to go everyone. Enjoy your day.;) Welcome back Amarantha.

Amarantha2
05-12-2003, 12:42 AM
Huzzah, huzzah, huzzah!!! I must apologize that in my haste to post about the new scale I failed to say thanks for the welcome back and HUZZAH!!! for those campers who recently reported losses!!!!

In point of fact, a general HUZZAH should go out to us all as WE ARE PRIMED AND READY TO SUCCEED!!!! I know I personally am and feel EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS BOOTCAMP IS SIMILARLY POISED FOR THE ULTIMATE FITNESS SUCCESS!!! :drill:

Sheesh, we're so great it's scary! :fr:

My Free Day Report: Yup, I had a FREE EATING DAY AND ZERO EXERCISE!!! (It's a workday for me and off-topic I'd like to report that I finally finished the story from heck and turned it in! On topic, I feel getting my work caught up when I wanted to sleep will result in decreased cortisol and MAYBE my metabolism will finally click in and allow me to burn a few ounces of fat by next week).

Over and out! You see, I can be brief. Really. Let's all go into the week with an extraordinary KICK-A** ATTITUDE and kick some :dance: b*** outta this town!

Such language, Amarantha.

:drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill:

Amarantha2
05-12-2003, 12:54 AM
And let's not even THINK about fried cheesecake on a stick!

:drill: :nono: :drill: :nono: :drill: :nono:

RobinW
05-12-2003, 02:58 AM
Saturday Report

Congrats to all who have lost!!! Way To Go!! :dance:

I think I'll get on the scale this week sometime. My jeans are looser, and Im about 1/2 way to using the next notch on my belt :D

Today was an extremely tough day eating wise.....battling bordum eating. But I did it. One hour at a time !!

Ended up with carbs and calories right on, but I didnt get any walking in due to the storms.

Only 36 more lbs, Only 36 more lbs, Only 36 more lbs!! I can do this!

Night :wave:

Amarantha2
05-12-2003, 10:44 AM
Just catching up on posts I missed and LOVED Eydie's idea a few pages back about declaring exercise plans for the day, so:

My exercise plan is to go to gym and do my upper body day. I will also stick like glue to the eating plan I wrote up last night, which will bring me in at an under-1500 calorie count (although counting calories is not part of BFL, but I do it anyhow). Working in mountains tonight but will report on SUCCESS later!!!

AND I WILL SUCCEED!!! :bravo:

brunissen
05-12-2003, 11:39 AM
I did pretty well, I was hoping for a 3 pound loss, but I'll take whatever I can get!

Weight 04/28/03: 316.2 (Challenge start)
Weight 05/05/03: 311.6
Weight 05/12/03: 309.8
Week #2 Loss: 1.8 pounds
Total Loss: 6.4 pounds

I did go over on my calories Friday night, but I was out with friends and knew I would. Too many calories again Saturday, but I was being stupid - I worked out with the trainer HARD on Saturday morning without eating first, and then waited too long after I worked out to eat something, so by the time I finally had food, I was ravenous!! Yesterday I did really well, but no exercise.

Oh well, I am on track weight loss wise to reach my 12-week goal!

Today's Plan:

Food - 1300 calories
Exercise - 1 hour with the trainer, 10 minute warmup on the Elliptical
Water - 160 oz
Misc - Take the puppy for a walk tonight if it's not raining.

Hope everyone else had a great weekend, and here's to a successful week for us all!! :D

simcoe
05-12-2003, 07:23 PM
Hi everyone. Hard to get back to the regular routine after a nice relaxing Mothers Day. Went out with the hub and kids for dinner and although I went over my calories, I was not where near as bad as I would have been. Stayed away from the high fat and fried stuff. So calories were high, but I did it, I own it, and get on with it.

Hubby is very supportive and bought me a new bike for mothers day because I ride so much and the old bike was falling apart.

Today was back to program and tonight is aerobics. I will weigh in tomorrow am after the aerobics from tonight has kicked in and I am looking forward to hopefully a 1lb loss.

Talk to you then.:D

Wildfire
05-12-2003, 09:10 PM
Had planned to get on the treadmill tonight, but my back is saying otherwise. Time to go back to the doc and tell her the medication worked while I was on it, but everything is back the way it was again. Just having one of those days, nothing is going right!

Today is done, aside from exercise. Tomorrow will be better. :yes:

Terri in MO
05-12-2003, 09:17 PM
Reporting in!

Mother's Day went well. We had tacos as planned and was in control. We worked hard mowing and weedeating her yard so I got in some unexpected exercise. Good for her and good for me! I did eat a couple of brats that DH brought home from his mother's day meal. No feeling guilty. They were too good!! :lol:

Today, food was good. We're having seafood and salad tonight. I did my own weedeating and walked the dog tonight. All the work yesterday has my bad hip sore so I had to walk a tad bit slower.

I only weigh-in at WW every other Saturday morning. I'm setting my behavior towards a 3 pound loss in two weeks. I'm drinking water, working in more veggies, cutting back on starchy carbs and not forgetting to exercise.

About time to eat! Have a great tomorrow!

RobinW
05-12-2003, 09:54 PM
Monday Report

Very tough day today, its the last day of my weekend, and tomorrow, I can get back to routine. I managed to get in too few calories, and too many carbs :shrug: Been wanting sugar, so I have been eating fruit instead. Just abit too much today I think.

Still havent gotten any exercise in, the weather has been really bad......and yes I know Ive been saying I'll get the weights out and start....and yes tomorrow is the day!!! Right after my workout in the morning I will post here (keeps me honest)

I think I need hubby to stand over me with a whip to get me going (hey that might be fun :devil: )

Have a great op day tomorrow!!

simcoe
05-13-2003, 10:42 AM
:fr: Well, weigh in day and another .5lb loss. Could this be any slower??? I must be in line for a sudden big loss because this is just puttering along. Is the scale a man?? I hate plateaus!! Why do I keep doing this!!! Okay, rant over :) .

On the positive side, I did my measurements again, and am down 12 inches since start in January. The last .5 inch came off my bust. Uh-oh, feel another rant coming on....okay, it has been supressed. I think the tape measure is also a man.

:?: So here we continue on. Start to another day...I will think positive thoughts, keep on program and not obsess over the scale.:dizzy:

Amarantha2
05-13-2003, 10:51 AM
Yo!!! Every camper here is doing a wonderful job including ME!!! :jig: :wave:!!!!!! Monday went as planned for exercise and was on program for food, although I never actually eat exactly what's on the menu I plan in my journal. Worked very late in mountains and NO deviations, calories were good in the 1500-range. Trainer (ex-trainer, as I think she quit the gym, sigh) was working out and she said I looked much slimmer and stronger. That was nice.

Today's exercise plan: aerobics ... supposed to only do 20 minutes three times a week but I up that a bit! Waiting until gym clears out a bit so I can relax!

Be careful out there, campers, the BAD ATTITUDE BOYS (BAB) has been reported seen in the area. BAB is a gang of master criminals who sneak into our houses and inject our brain cells with negative thoughts and excuses in order to steal our happiness and good fitness and weight loss resolutions. They then sell the happiness and good resolutions on the internet and make a huge profit, enabling them to buy doughnuts, luxury couches and giant screen TVs to support their evil unfit lifestyle. I KNOW these guys are around because one of them snuck in here at 6 a.m. and tried to tell me I really needed to go back to bed instead of going to the gym. He held out a doughnut he had in his hand. I told him to go away :no: and ate my whole wheat pita and cottage cheese, but it was a close thing. :fr:

RobinW
05-13-2003, 11:34 AM
So thats who is doing that. Thanks Amarantha!!

Ok, I was very brave this morning, VERY brave, and got on the scale. (I really hate that thing) and Ive lost 1lb!! This is great considering I didnt think it would move at all.

Only 35 more lbs! Only 35 more lbs! Only 35 more lbs! I can do this!!!!

Robin:wave:

brunissen
05-13-2003, 02:59 PM
The damn BAB has been bugging me for the past two weeks! I can't get him to keep quiet!

Did well on Monday. I talked to my trainer and on the days I work out with him I need to up my calories to about 1400-1500.

Plan for Today:

Cardio - DONE! 30 minutes on the Elliptical
Food - stick to 1300 calories
Water - 160 oz
Misc - Get caught up on my damn stupid bills!!

deleted2
05-13-2003, 03:32 PM
I think I'm going to try working out in the garden today. There's plenty to do and with turning over that compacted soil [by hand!] I think I'll get a good sweat going.

Trying to keep the calories around 1500 today. I've gone over 2000 the last 2-3 days!:o

RobinW
05-14-2003, 10:15 AM
Reporting in (late)

Yesterday was a very strange day, I didnt eat enough at all, nor drank enough, but I did get my walking in!! Yah!!! one 45 in, and one 55 min walk.

Im going to do this! Im going to do this! Im going to do this! Im going to do this!

Amarantha2
05-14-2003, 11:47 AM
Yo! Huzzah, huzzah, huzzah, reporting that Camper Amarantha fended off the BAB yesterday by the skin of her teeth (70 percent compliance with food plan, 100 with exercise, which was 30 minutes more or less running on treadmill, knee hurts a bit so going to hold off running for a few more weeks), but that gang of arch-fitness-criminals (aka BAB) is still in the neighboorhood and campers should continue to be wary.

IF A BAB IS SIGHTED, PLS REPEAT THIS MANTRA: 'BAD ATTITUDES GET OUTTA TOWN, WE DON'T WANT NO BABS AROUND! SOUND OFF, SOUND OFF!!!' :drill:

That should do it.

Hmmm. My plan today is to get in car, go to gym, do lower body, stick to food plan, write food plans for the rest of the week, make Bodybuilder Breakfast Bars with fresh apple, whole wheat flour, scoop of protein powder, eggbeaters, brown rice or oatmeal (or both?), maple extract, butter extract, baking powder, coconut, Splenda.

My special health challenge is to be able to take pictures to managing editor and talk to her without a rise in cortisol that will distract me to the point that the BAB will be able to force me to stop at a convenience store for SUGAR on the way home. I am also going to check the car for signs of the BAB (e.g., empty dulce de leche containers from my free day and other containers that once held SUGAR ... yuck, ugh, terrible) before I go anywhere.

Over and out!

:drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill:

Amarantha2
05-14-2003, 11:50 AM
Hooray for Robin, who's DOWN, DOWN, DOWN ANOTHER POUND!!

Woo-hoo! Bye-bye :dance: !!! Don't let the door hit you on the (insert word) on the way out!!!

Also, hooray for all who've sent :dance: outta town in the recent past ... we're sending these :dance:s on a LONG (e.g., permanent) vacation.

The :drill: reports that she's missing some scouts who signed up for camp but seem to be awol (if you're over there ogling the boys in the camp across the river, give it a rest and come back over here long enough to report in ... that camp across the river will always be there.) :wave:

Terri in MO
05-14-2003, 08:54 PM
No ogling here!

Although last night DH was feeling around :o and said that my body feels like I've lost weight. :s:

Food has been good this week. I'm finding it difficult to get in my planned exercise because I have a tremendous amount of thought and energy directed at finding an assisted living/independent living place so mu MIL can move soon. No whining because I still think of Simcoe's words about how my health needs are just as important as everyone elses. That's why I made myself do the Tae Bo tape tonight.

May I be dismissed :drill: mam for the evening?!

RobinW
05-14-2003, 09:01 PM
Wednesdays Report

Very Very Very Very hungry today.....but its my own fault for not eating enough yesterday. So calories are close to 2000 today, but thats ok, Im full and not craving sugar!! Carbs are a bit over too, but thats ok.

Got a little walk in today 20 min, and did about 30 min of scrounging about some big boulders for drift wood pieces. I was quite warm when I was done.

All in all, pretty good, I made it thru the day without a cheat :D

I can do this! I can do this! I can do this! I can do this!

simcoe
05-14-2003, 09:10 PM
Way to go Terri. It is great when we get positive reinforcement.

I was having one of those "hungry" days too, but I have been able to balance my calories, 1600, with exercise, burned 410, so I am totally on target today. No "bad" foods today, I didn't have weird cravings, just hungry:T

Tonight I actually made the call to our local health club and tomorrow I am going to go check it out with the intent on joining. Even thought I do an aerobics class twice a week, and my exercise bike etc. at home, I am really enjoying getting out to exercise. I think I will make great use of the club.

Anyway, here's to a wonderful Wednesday and a thriving Thursday!:D

Wildfire
05-14-2003, 09:11 PM
What day is this? :chin: Oh, Day four, week two since joined this challenge.

Did some investigating, and am planning to attend an Aquafit class next week. I hope it's a good class. Of course, I'll burn bonus calories leaping from the locker room to the pool so no one actually catches sight of me in a bathing suit. :D

This darn back of mine is not cooperating at all. Just doing as much as I can on the treadmill. Managed 30 minutes tonight....better than not at all, right? :yes: Will be going back to my doc again soon, after bloodwork on Tuesday. I can't live like this!

RobinH, I keep reading your posts of only X more lbs to go! and I like your thinking! My goal is 155, then I'll see if I want to lose any more. That's just 22 more pounds. That's doable!

We're going to do this in spite of ourselves! :drill:

Amarantha2
05-15-2003, 02:25 AM
Yo!!!!! Methinks it were a hungry day all around, as I was like that as well. Calories high and BFL principles out the window!!! TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY, THOUGH, SCARLETT!!!! Woo-hoo!!! Exercise done as specified.

Determined to Succeed (aka Terri), you are one DETERMINED camper!!! Great job on the tae bo. :jig:

Robin, congrats on getting through a hungry day without a cheat. Excellent work! :cp:

Simcoe, congrats :jig: also for taming the Hungry Beast without bad food and balancing with exercise. Good idea joining the health club ... I love mine! So many things to do!!

Wildfire: You are doing great dealing with pain and still keeping the BAB at bay! I wonder how much the treadmill really is safe for you, though? I started running a little on the ones at the gym and one (of my two) bad knees started hurting three hours later and hasn't stopped. I'm going to keep trying to run, but cut it back and mix it with other cardio. I thought the treadmill was low impact but now I'm not sure. Rambling (though I've pledged not to), but what I'm trying to say is, I'll bet the water exercise will help you a lot and maybe you should forget the treadmill. Keep going because (as you know) things pass and things get better and then WOO-HOO, watch out, because WE'RE ALL GONNA REACH OUR GOALS AND THAT'S BOUND TO HELP FIX SOME OF THIS OTHER STUFF BECAUSE WE'RE JUST GONNA FEEL BETTER!!!!!

Over and out!!!!!

:bravo:

simcoe
05-15-2003, 08:28 AM
Robin, I used to do aquafit and I loved it. I had to stop because the times just would not fit into my schedule. This is very easy on the joints, but still a good workout.

Wildfire
05-15-2003, 09:27 AM
Amarantha, since my back flared up again I've just been doing a moderate walk at a low incline. I'm booking another appointment with my doc to find out what the heck is going on with my back, and I'll ask her if I should forego the treadmill for the time being. I agree, the water exercise should be better for now, and I'm really hoping it has a good instructor. Regardless, the pool is open after the class for length swims, which I'll do as well. I hope your knee stops hurting!

Simcoe, luckily the YMCA that is just around the corner here has an Aquafit class Monday to Thursday at 7:40pm! It has been my experience that the classes I'm usually interested in are held during the work day when most people can't attend. I did this type of class many years ago and like it, so I'm quite hopeful about this one!

And then I'll explore the various aerobic classes, Pilates, Yoga, weight training....there's a method to this madness... :yes:

Have a good day all!

Amarantha2
05-15-2003, 10:39 AM
YO!!! Pasting in the last roster I can find before computer went bust!!! Is this right? Are there more campers out there who aren't on this roster? Please let the camp counselor know. Are there campers out there who aren't reporting for roll call? Let's REPORT, REPORT, REPORT! :drill: Doesn't have to be good news ... just some good vibrations so your fellow campers don't feel anxious about you!!! Are you girls over in the Boy Scout Camp again, hiding in the bushes and watching the boys play T-ball? :nono:

Woo-hoo, it's gonna be a great on program day. Knee still hurts and I'm waiting for the FED EX guy, so gonna go to gym later and work this a.m. Gonna get those calories down, though I didn't get the meal plans done yesterday.

Here's the roster, please report in campers (if you want). Report, report, report!!! :drill:

Amarantha
Arabella
Brunissen
Eydie
Losingsena
Purduegirl
Punkinseed
Simcoe
Terri
Tipper
Wildfire

:drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :drill:

simcoe
05-15-2003, 12:03 PM
Well, I did it today! Finally joined our local health club. I cannot believe that I put this off for so long, but I was so nervous. I grew up in a time when the only people that joined a health club were the ones who did not need it :?: I have my first appointment with a trainer to set up a program on Friday.

Hopefully this will push this plateau into continued loss. :s: Tonight it is off to the regular aerobics class.:strong:

Amarantha2
05-15-2003, 01:19 PM
Go, Simcoe!!!!!

:drill: :drill: :drill: :drill: :strong:

Punkinseed
05-15-2003, 01:30 PM
Private Punkin reporting (back) for duty! :drill:

Sorry for being MIA... I've had some stuff come up in this week that's completely changed my way of loosing and thoughts on my life in general. I needed to adjust before commiting to anything! (see journal)
But now, I'm happy, feel great and am rarin' to go! :cb:

Since leaving, it appears that I'm down about 7 pounds (official weigh isn't until Monday though so it will probably be more!).

I've also discovered bellydancing and have been working on taming my 5 acres - excellent exercise both of them - and I'm really seeing some muscles building from all the yardwork!

Goal for this week - focus on balanced meals and incorporating snacks so I don't get too hungry!

Will report back soon!

:queen: Punkin
12 wk goal: 225
Long term goal: 145-150

RobinW
05-15-2003, 07:26 PM
Thursdays Report

Simcoe, good for you!! Ive always wanted to join a club, or attend an aqua fit class, but I just cant put myself in a bathing suit infront of alot of ppl just yet.

Wildfire, it sure is doable. I dont know how much you have lost on your journey so far, but 22lbs should be a piece of nonfat, lowcarb cake :D After all its only 22 lbs.

Punkin congratulations on your loss :bravo:

Did much better today with my food issues. Got my hunger under control and have been right on for carbs and calories.

Didnt get a walk in today, its been raining all day. However I did build some furniture, so, that will have to be my exercise today.

Have a nice evening

simcoe
05-15-2003, 11:08 PM
Robin, I was 205lbs when I started aquafit and TOTALLY out of shape. Alot of the other participants were in the same boat so I did not feel so alone.

Had a good day eating wise and had a tough aerobics class tonight with the sadistic instructor :devil: . Everything on track for another day.

Thanks for everyone's encouragement and support as I continue on my journey. It really does make a big difference knowing there are people out there, although unseen, that know what I am going through. :)

Terri in MO
05-15-2003, 11:38 PM
Thursdays report:

Okay, I'll be truthful. Food wasn't exactly the best. Started the day with scrambled eggbeaters and hashbrowns (this is what happens when I eat at work and not at home); lunch was out with DH at the Philly Steak sandwich place - I got chicken, no cheese and no fries and dinner was WW pizza - two (which is what happens when I have a meal that is mainly breadstuffs). Could have been far worse but with all that starchy carbs, I feel very unsatisfied at this moment. Just have to go to bed hungry.

I intended to do Tae Bo tonight but was too tired when I got home. I spent way too much work time calling senior housing places setting up appointments for MIL and I to visit. That has melted my brain and energy. I did walk the dog twice today so that counts!

So...where is the voilin smilie playing a sad song of woe when you need him???

I have faced the music and tomorrow will be a better day!

deleted2
05-16-2003, 08:59 AM
Hi all!

Just have time for a quick fly-by this morning, spending the day with DMIL--it's her birthday; she's 87 years old!

Speaking of birthdays, I'm feeling slightly bummed because it doesn't look like I'm going to reach my goal by my birthday. Yep, STILL trying to lose those last 10 pounds. It's my fear of success...:( ....but I'm not giving up!

Amarantha2
05-16-2003, 10:08 AM
Yo!!! I'm going back to bed for an hour, then gym then mountains to work. Yesterday's calories were still too high. Intend to get back on track today NO EXCUSES, NO IFS ANDS OR BUTS, I'M GONNA DO IT!!! Because I am on the SUCCESS TRAIN and it's not at the station yet!!!

Punkin, I fogot to congratulate thee also on thy loss. :bravo:

:wave: to all!!! Let's be careful out there as the BAB is reportededly still in the neighborhood! I know one of those evil archcriminal fitness fiends tried to get in here earlier when my alarm clock went off. He whispered in my ear, "You have a headache. Go back to sleep for the rest of the day. Skip the gym."

I am foiling BAB by resolving only to sleep for another hour! BECAUSE I WILL SUCCEED ON THIS QUEST! :drill:

Terri: You are doing great at keeping on with your determination while taking care of MIL's time of need. Though it be not very :drill: like, remember to cut yourself a little slack. Definetely walking Rover helps. Even the :drill: says that's a kickin' good exercise.

Simcoe: I think I need a sadistic :devil: instructor. The trainer I have at the gym is a sweetie ... I like her, though, 'cause she keeps saying "hmmm, you're slimming out, you're slimming out!"

Eydie: Hope you enjoy your visit with DMIL ... don't feel like Lone Ranger in the weight goal department ... but sooner or later, WE ALL WILL REACH OUR GOALS IF WE DON'T GIVE UP!!!! It's a law of nature, I think.

To all, I've been drifting from my pledge to be brief on this board, but tomorrow will stick to the straight and narrow ... brevity in eating, as well!

simcoe
05-16-2003, 10:33 AM
Terri, sounds like you had an okay day to me! :D Maybe that is why I am hungry at the end of the day, too many starchy carbs. Is that what they do?

Anyway, off to the first visit at the gym. Report in later :smug:

simcoe
05-16-2003, 10:05 PM
Simcoe here, reporting for Friday. Where is everybody tonight???? Oh well, enjoyed the first day at the gym, although a tad overwelming. I worked with a trainer to set up a plan and we went through my strength exercises. How am I going to remember them all???:?:

Eating went well; had the usual Friday night dinner out BAKED POTATO NO FRIES!!! Saved some calories from earlier in the week and split cheesecake with the DH. Spent mega bucks at the garden nursery and am looking forward to a busy weekend in the garden.:flow1:

Amarantha2
05-16-2003, 11:07 PM
Yo! Thanks for the PM, Simco!!! :wave: Good job on the baked potato!!! :cp:

I'm reporting that I had a great upper body workout ... the most empowering ever and a good eating day only marred by ONE white chocolate peanut butter cup. This was definetely not authorized on BFL (but ask me if I care?)!!! :)

Very stressful workday and argument with idiots and VERY close to quitting job BUT happy to report it did not send me off program (except for the aforementioned PB cup).

Later, fellow campers!!! :drill:

Wildfire
05-17-2003, 09:02 AM
Still hanging on here.

Today is the start of four glorious days away from that **** I call work! And even though it's the weekend I'm not going to let any BAB tempt me from my goals!

Punkin, :cp: :bravo: :cp:

I'll stop by later when my brain is functioning at regular speed. :dz:

RobinW
05-17-2003, 10:27 AM
Fridays report on Saturday morning :D

I was just too tired last night to post anything. But I had a good day, still a bit too hungry. So I ate a bowl of peanuts last night. Which is good considering I passed the Krispy Kreme Hot Donut sign 4x and didnt stop! I did good!!!!

Carbs and calories were a bit high, but not so high that Im worried about it. Still have been lax on my exercise, but Im just not one to go to a gym or use a video. I like to be outside....and its been raining for days :(

Have a great op day everyone, and good luck for the weekend.

only 35 more lbs! only 35 more lbs! only 35 more lbs! only 35 more lbs! I can do this!!

Amarantha2
05-17-2003, 03:18 PM
Yahoo, happy Saturday, from Camper Amarantha, who's one Lean Mean Exercise Queen today!!! :queen: Ran on treadmill, 30 minutes of the peaks and valleys from the BFL book. So far so good as to knee.

WAHOO, WHOSE GREATER THAN US, CAMPERS? NO ONE, THAT'S WHO, BECAUSE WE HAVE THE ATTITUDE OF "CAN DO!" :drill:

I think the BAB is outta town by now, as evidenced by Robin's wonderful save on the Krispy Kreme playing field. VERY hard to pass on the Krispy Kreme, but as Camper Robin demonstrates, IT CAN BE DONE!!!

Camper Wildfire is similarly standing firm on the BAB front. :bravo:

Wahoo, everyone, absent or present!!! Report, report, report!!!! We need everyone to keep that BAB at bay!!!!!!!! We need everyone to say, "BAB, BAB, GO AWAY, DON'T COME BACK ANOTHER DAY!!!"

No BAB, bad BAB, we don't want no BAB round here! (Especially the Saturday BAB; the Saturday BAB is the worst!)

Working now! Bye! :wave:

deleted2
05-17-2003, 06:46 PM
Punkinseed, sorry for not acknowledging your magnificent weight loss---somehow that got by me. 7 pounds is alot!:D Must be all that hip swiveling action!

I've had 2 rather grim food days. Best thing that can be said is I've probably stayed under 2000 calories. And not drinking water really zaps my energy too. Tomorrow......

simcoe
05-17-2003, 06:55 PM
Keep at it Punkinseed. We all have those days, but it is great that you still report. Tomorrow really is anothere day.

Went to the gym today and did my weight training and 30 minutes on the treadmill. Does anyone know how many calories you burn doing weight training?:?: I also spent a ton of time gardening, which is good because for lunch I had fish and chips

:love: and not the ones that you do in the oven. The yummy, greasy, covered in gravy kind. You know what, I felt like it and I knew I would burn off the calories no problem today. So there:smug: !

simcoe
05-17-2003, 06:56 PM
Sorry, I meant Eydie, not Punkinseed. But way to go on your loss Punkin!! Awesome.

anagram
05-17-2003, 09:00 PM
I apparently missed your great 7 lb loss, too Punkinseed. Am so happy for you - that's a great leap out of Plateauville.

Got in a good walk today and also some wet gardening. Today's good foodwise. Been very relaxing this afternoon and evening.

Good for you
Empress and Punkin (and all, I sometimes think) for not allowing the job irritants to throw you off.

And hope Frogger's wedding weather was better than weather maps showed. Who'd expect such a cold day on May 17th?

RobinW
05-17-2003, 09:07 PM
Saturdays Report

Another good day.....actually forgot to eat lunch??!!! :shrug: Then remembered at about 230....how cool is that. I remember a time when food was the only thing on my mind.

Carbs and calories are right on, I'll have my bowl of peanuts and diet vanilla coke with our movie tonight. Still lacking on the exercise, but I did alot of work on my bench. Tomorrow, I'll get the rollerblades out and give that a try :)

Hope everyone is managing thru their weekend.

Night all :wave:

Amarantha2
05-17-2003, 11:17 PM
Yo! Nightly report on this the last day of functional BFL week for me! Sunday is supposed to be free day but as food's been off all week, I'm hoping to be back on track with that tomorrow. Don't think I'll have a loss on Demon Scale ... odds are against it, but that's ok!!!! Someday, it'll happen!

Still working. Told them yesterday I'm not working on Sunday anymore, so now I have to get done. That wasn't really off-topic as the deadline work is the A-Number-One reason that mean ol' BAB gets in here on the weekends. Anyone who's ever been a reporter in a newsroom will know that those habits of feastin' while finishin' die hard. Now that I write at home, it's more tempting than ever!!! THIS IS NOT AN EXCUSE! :) Just an explanation. No violin smilies in this group 'cause WE DON'T NEED 'EM!!! NO! NO! BAB MUST GO!!!! WOO!

Wildfire
05-18-2003, 08:23 AM
Well, Demon Scale is holding steady this morning. Better than a gain!

Had a mini-melt down last night and ate a handful of cheesies, a piece of chocolate, and an ice cream cone. :eek: C'est la vie!

Here's to a better week ahead!

Amarantha2
05-18-2003, 02:04 PM
Well, Demon Scale is off the hook for being thrown out the window this week. Was up a half pound, but considering I had 15,000 protein shakes in the middle of the night while on deadline, I'm taking that as a sign of fat loss. Need to do measurements, but am sure they are down as well. Sooner or later, that big scale drop will take place. I am not giving up. Today is my official free day and I'm taking it but will keep it moderate as far as calories go. Shopping is next on the agenda.

:drill: :drill: :drill: :drill:

simcoe
05-18-2003, 08:11 PM
Holy garden dirt under my fingers:lol: Been very busy in the garden today, but was able to stay on track. Ate properly and even saved enough cals. to splurge on an ice cream after dinner. So far the scale is showing a pound loss for the week, but will do the weigh in on Tuesday. Off to the gym tomorrow and another relaxing day.:dizzy:

Wildfire
05-19-2003, 09:36 AM
Curses. I just recalculated my goal to be at 155lbs by August 7th (my birthday). That's 11 weeks and 3 days away, and I have to lose 1.93lbs per week to meet it! That's pushing it, but I'm not discouraged yet. It's still doable.

Right?

:drill: RIGHT!!

simcoe
05-19-2003, 09:53 AM
Wildfire, don't set your self up to be let down!! We can change our goals if we need to, I had to. I was getting really discouraged because my goal required me to lose the same amount of weight and although it was "doable", it was really hard. There was no room for error and I ended up being discouraged. If you can do it great and of course we are here to support you, but if you can't, that's okay too!

Punkinseed
05-19-2003, 12:50 PM
Reporting for my official Monday weigh in!!! :drill:

PFC Punkin' is down 8.5 pounds, putting her at a still familiar 238.5, but still much better than last week's 247.0... :eek:

However, that's 13.5 to go for the 12 week goal and about 6 weeks to go.... :cool:

Onward and downward!

PFC Punkin :drill:
(aka :queen: Punkin o' Friday)
I may need to get my tiara resized after this!

Amarantha2
05-19-2003, 04:15 PM
PFC Punkin, what the heck are you doing?!!! :) How did you lose 8.5 pounds in a week, you rat!!!! I'm GREEN with envy!!!! (NOT, I'm really happy for you, but you're not starving yourself are you?) But you REALLY deserve a promotion and should be addressed in future as GENERAL Punkin!!! :drill: :) :cp: :bravo:

Wildfire, your goal does seem doable to me and if not, well, there's such a thing as a calculator (for recalculation, as Simcoe says)!!! But it's great fun to strive for a specific goal, isn't it! Congrats on the maintenance this week. :cp:

Simcoe: You are doing great!!!! Looking at your stats, I can see you've come a long way since January!! :cp:

To all absent or present campers, have a wonderful day!

Almost forgot my REPORT, REPORT, REPORT: I don't have my journal with me, but had a pretty predictable free day AND planned all my BFL meals for the week in advance. Since starting BFL four weeks ago, I've lost .5" from upper right arm, 4" from waist, 3" from hips, 1" from right thigh.

HOORAH! :wave: :drill: :drill: :drill:

deleted2
05-19-2003, 09:43 PM
Took the day off from work, so I could get back on track. I had a wild weekend, food-wise!:o

Wildfire, I think your plan is do-able. Best of luck!

Yeah, Punkin, I think we all want to know your secret. You're the queen!!!

Amarantha, You're doing great! You too, Simcoe. I wish it would stop raining here so I could get in a gardening workout.

simcoe
05-19-2003, 10:39 PM
Look's like everyone is feeling really positive about their plans and goals. WE RULE!!!!:D

Ended up well....this working out thing is really great, gives me lots of extra calories ;) . Got to go out for dinner with the girls while still staying within my limit, but I did not have one of my favorite strawberry mageritas, because that would have blown it. It is amazing now, that when I want or have a "treat", I always think "how much exercise will I have to do to burn this off". Puts it in a different perspective. :dizzy:

Tomorrow is Tuesday and my official weigh in day.:dancer: ::grouphug:

Terri in MO
05-19-2003, 10:45 PM
Sorry for being an AWOL trooper!

But my MIL and I have found her a wonderful place to move to and two of her three sons agree. Thank goodness DH is one of the two! :lol: I feel like a huge burden has been lifted even though we still have to get her moved. Just knowing she will be among people her own age and someone there 24 hours a day if she needs help is a relief. So, while that might seem to be off topic, its been a big energy zapper for me and slowed me down on my goals. However, this week I'm taking control!

I had a great food day - well within my plans. I spent 16 minutes on the spinner and took the dog for a 35 minute walk tonight. Wore him out but good. :s:

Holy smokes Punkinseed! :bravo: :dancer: Good for you!!

:bravo: to everyone on the thread that is making the extra efforts to achieve their goals. Let's go girls!

simcoe
05-20-2003, 11:19 AM
Terri, great to hear from you. Glad all is settled with the MIL.

Weigh in day for me today, and, drum roll please, I am down to 187 which is a loss of 2.5lbs for the week :dance: I am sure that joining the gym was the extra kick in the pants I needed to push my plateau into history.

Thanks again for the continued support, girls. I am sure that this is another reason for me inching closer to my goal :grouphug:

brunissen
05-20-2003, 04:15 PM
Well, I've been off line for a few days - quit my job, took a few days off before I started my new one, and apparently I decided to just eat eat eat the days I was off, so my weigh in for last week is very bad - I gained 2.2 pounds. :(

But I'm all settled in at the new job, and I'm going to get my :censored: in gear and get back to focusing on losing the flab. At this point, I'm not going to make my 12 week goal, but I'm going to get as close to it as possible!

Goals for this week:

1200 calories/day (1400 when I work with my trainer)
Cardio 3x
Trainer 2x (hopefully 3 if the scheduling works)
Finsish taking up the rest of the sod in the yard for the perennial border
Stop beating myself up over the weight gain!
Use the stairs at work! I'm on the 2nd floor, so it definitely won't kill me to skip the elevators!

Punkinseed
05-20-2003, 05:55 PM
:drill: General Punkin reporting in! (hoooRAH, I've been promoted to General! :cb: )

Things still going smoothly... slurpin' down my water and yesterday went shopping to get food in the house. I was down to boxed rice, Smirnoff Ice's and cereal (no milk though).

brunissen, congrats on the new job and getting all settled in. That's a stressful change in life!

:high: to all you wonderful loosers and those continuing the good fight!

Terri

simcoe
05-20-2003, 07:23 PM
Terri, I think that Smirnoff Ice poured over cereal is a perfectly respectable breakfast!!

deleted2
05-20-2003, 08:08 PM
Hi Determined--good news about your MIL! I can see how you'd be preoccupied about that.

Brunissen, oh well, it happens....sounds like you're getting right back to business tho!

Simcoe, 2 1/2 pounds is alot! Great!!!:)

Punkin, so I hope you have enough provisions to hold you a while. Sounds like it was getting pretty grim there!:lol:

Finally had a sunny day so I worked on my veg. garden mulching the paths between the rows. Worked 4 1/2 hours wheelbarrowing and spreading it. And walked 3 miles on the treadmill too! So tired, but very satisfied. I got a lot done!:D

Amarantha2
05-20-2003, 10:32 PM
Yo!!! Howzah!!! Huzzah!!! Almost all the AWOL campers are back and raring to go, including GENERAL PUNKIN :drill: ... You are right, Simcoe, WE RULE!!! Those fluffy :dance:s haven't got a snowball's chance in heck of hanging around this bootcamp!!! Right?!

TOO RIGHT!!!! :drill:

Ahem, my brevity be slipping a bit ... strange day! Anyhoo, I wish to report that I kicked a*** on my aerobic day. This is my second month of BFL and I'm dedicating it to bringing Demon Scale to a state of submission. I did 40 minutes on treadmill, four 10 minute peaks and valleys of running and walking. This is now TWICE what the pure BFL program recommends for aerobics ... trainer at gym said she agrees with me that 20 minutes is way too low for me. Stayed on the right eating track Monday and so far today. Don't intend to have anymore mini free days until the REAL one on Sunday. Sixth meal still to come.

Avanti, all!!!! :drill: :drill: :s:

Terri in MO
05-21-2003, 09:01 AM
Reporting in for Tuesday!

Food - great
Exercise - excellente! 21 mins spinner, 30 minutes dog walking, legs and arms conditioning exercises

:bravo: Simcoe for your loss!

:bravo: Edye for all that gardening and for doing 3 miles on the treadmill! Yowza!

Everyone gets a huge :bravo: for hanging in there and working through the tough times.

Got to run!

Punkinseed
05-21-2003, 11:14 AM
:drill: Wednesday!

I've *got* to get off the scale! Funny, when I'm doing good I'm on the scale twice a day, when I'm off the wagon I avoid weighing like the plague... :rolleyes:

Simcoe - For as much as I *hate* milk, your idea of Smirnoff on cereal would work for me! (mmmm... malted beverage on Special K red berries.... :T )

Eydie - Yes, the grocery situation is much better. I'm not looking at the cat's food and wondering how it'd be on a baked potato! :lol:

This General is painting the mess hall this weekend. Wish me luck!

Terri :drill:

Wildfire
05-21-2003, 12:04 PM
Aquafit class was great, I was even rubbery-legged afterwards! Going to check out the rest of the facilities and see about a membership, as I'd like to continue with the aquafit and you have to be a member.

It's Hump Day! :dancer:

Will post later tonight from home...the work ****s hovereth.

simcoe
05-21-2003, 11:07 PM
Wildfire, glad you enjoyed aquifit. If we can exercise and make it something we enjoy, it's even better.:)

Had a good day, stayed on target and did the workout thing...despite the dreaded PMS :mad: Got through the sugar cravings by having low-cal hot chocolate and that did the trick.

Looking forward to a thrilling thursday.

RobinW
05-22-2003, 12:17 AM
AWOL...reporting in

I didnt make it thru my weekend :( I was attacked by a woman giving away free hot Krispy Kremes.......So I surrendered but didnt give my rank and seriel number. So your all safe from her, she wont find you. :D You'll just have to trust me when I say they were very very bad :lol:

I did manage to claw my way back onto the wagon yesterday, and have been doing good except for the peanut thing. Ive still got the hungries. I think Im going to have to find something else to sub the peanuts. There are just too many calories in the peanuts.

Got my walk in yesterday and today......and Im starting to feel human again.

Talk to you all tomorrow
Robin

Amarantha2
05-22-2003, 02:27 AM
Wednesday report ... is it only Wednesday? ... FOOD, let's call it my free day and move on ... wasn't attacked by a Krispy Kreme lady but the BAB :fr: snuck into the town where I was working and somehow put a convenience store in my pathway :yikes: and you KNOW what they have in convenience stores ... nothing good, I can tell you that; EXERCISE, yahoo, huzzah, huzzah, huzzah, great upper body work out, getting stronger all the time.

Tomorrow will be EXTREMELY better! Very busy this week (graduation, civic crises), all this activity makes it easy for the BAB to sneak in when I'm not paying attention.

simcoe
05-22-2003, 10:54 AM
Robin, if you can find them, soya nuts might help with the peanut cravings. You can get them lightly salted and I am not sure calorie for calorie how they stack up, but they are definitely lower in fat.

Punkinseed
05-22-2003, 11:07 AM
HooRAH! Friday-eve! :cb:

I'm starving and have *got* to eat breakfast, so this will be quick!

Wildfire - I'm so jealous of the aquafit classes, they sound like so much fun and I miss swimming (hot tubs just don't cut it!).

Simcoe - Oooh, hot chocolate with mini marshmallows :T Although a lot of times the marshmallows never see the hot water (crunch crunch).

RobinH - I had my first Krispy Kreme a few months ago. Thank God the closest one to me is 3 hours away! :lol:

Amarantha - I sent a hitman out to breaka' da kneecaps of all dem' BAB's. They are outta here!

Doing good myself - it's been a super stressful week, but I'm hangin' in there. I'm learning to keep myself busy and that helps!

Goal for the rest of the week - WATER!!!!! :drill:

Terri

Amarantha2
05-22-2003, 04:35 PM
No help, General Punkin, the BABs were waiting for me when I walked out the door to go shopping. :yikes: Food is BAD today, due to influx of BABs. On the plus side, I ran on treadmill 40 minutes WITHOUT HOLDING ONTO THE BARS (a huge breakthrough for me).

Maybe it'll all even out.

Not working today, after I make one phone call then need to go read.

That's my report for Thursday.

Will be back sometime! :drill: :bravo:

simcoe
05-22-2003, 09:59 PM
Good for you Amarantha...little victories sure do mean alot!

Had a good day also, ate well and did the aerobics thing. Just a short report tonight, off to put my feet up :D

RobinW
05-22-2003, 10:42 PM
Thursdays report

doing good with the calories and carbs, managed to cut back on the peanuts, and finished off the bag. I wont buy any more!! Simcoe, Ive seen those soynuts in the health food store, I just might try them out.

Carbs and calories are good, and got my 2 walks in. Even got hubby to come with me for the second one, and did about 5 min of rollerblading lol (Im still learning)

Night all

simcoe
05-23-2003, 10:44 AM
Just a quick report on Friday a.m. - milestone reached. My BMI is finally below 31 which means I am no longer technically "obese" and just "overweight". I never thought I was see myself as obese, and once I was there, never thought I would never get back to just being overweight.

It truly is amazing what these small milestones mean.:)

brunissen
05-23-2003, 10:51 AM
Way to go simcoe!!!

Punkinseed
05-23-2003, 11:08 AM
Way to go Simcoe!!!!! :cb:

I've done absolutely no exercise this week (with the exception of a not-so-fast walk with Mom last night) but food wise I've been very, very smart and cut back just a tad to make up for the lack of movement. This week's just not been conducive to anything other than introspective thought.

Next week though :drill: I'll be back to the bellydancing General Punkin!!!

See you all on Tuesday! Happy Memorial day!

Terri

Amarantha2
05-23-2003, 01:00 PM
WTG, Simcoe!!! :bravo: Step by step, you are getting to where you want to go!!!

My report on food is lackluster again. Just haven't been sticking to the program. Going for it again today, though it be a graduation night (heck for reporters), I'm GOING TO GET BACK ON TRACK! Not expecting a happy weigh-in on Sunday, but will KEEP GOING FORWARD TO VICTORY OVER THE BAB!

Exercise this a.m. was lower body and it was fairly tame. More into aerobics right now, but felt good I at least got the session in. Did not enjoy the gym or the people at all today. Not meaning this as a negative report (since negativity is NOT allowed in our camp, campers!!!) :nono:

General Punkin, a slow walk counts as exercise!!! I believe slow easy and meditative exercise is sanctioned by every exercise sanctioning authority in the Land o' Fit Folk! :chin: It releases bad chi from the body or something!

Robin, the soynuts are good. Also, have you had edamame (fresh or frozen young soybeans ... the Japanese call them "sweet beans" and eat them as a snack ... they're really good ... you cook them and pop the beans in your mouth to snack or can add to recipes)?

To all mentioned and unmentioned campers, avanti!!!!

RobinW
05-23-2003, 11:34 PM
Fridays Report

Today was a terrible eating day, but on the good side, I got my walk in before it started to rain.

Sunday Im off to the health food store that has these soynuts your talking about, and I'm going to give them a try.

Its only 36 more days before I see my "x" and I just NEED :devil: to look my best! Ive been stuck on this same 5lbs for about a month, and if anyone has any advice on how to kick everything up a notch....I would certainly love to hear it.

Here is what Im doing....atkins, phase 2,(30-50 carbs a day, and no more than 1700 cal a day) and walking....depending on weather, 2x a day. Just started rollerblading..only about 5 min at a time until my ankles get used to it.

Simcoe, good for you!!! Be proud girl, youve done some very hard work to get here!

Thats about it in my small corner of the world.
Night
Robin:wave:

simcoe
05-24-2003, 12:35 AM
Robin, I can totally relate to hitting a plateau :( . It was a drag!!! I really pushed the exercise up and that did it for me. When I was stuck I joined the gym, and right afterwards, I lost 2lbs. Your body gets used to the same exercises and the same foods, so if you switch things around a bit, you may get back on track. Just a suggestion, but it worked for me.

My day was good, did the gym thing, caved in and had fries with dinner...they were so good:cbg: Things do taste better when you only have them once in a while.

Amarantha2
05-24-2003, 02:08 AM
My report: A perfect eating day and a lackluster lower body day at gym, but feel back in control of food!!!

Robin: Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, Kemo Sabe, I've been stuck on a plateau for approximately a year! :) However, previously it was rather easy for me to lose 100 pounds (before it started to sneak back on). During that original weight loss, I did hit plateaus about every three months. I agree with Simcoe that changing any element of your diet or exercise can help. Also, oddly, what worked time and time again was to start eating more (healthy) fat for awhile, especially peanut butter. If I added some peanut butter into each day, I started to lose again.

Oddly enough, again, I recently read in a popular women's mag that coconut oil is being touted as the latest miracle thyroid (e.g. weight loss) cure. According to the story, a study found that coconut oil can do as well as medication at correcting thyroid deficiency and that people (including the actress profiled in the story) lost significant weight adding the oil (as well as coconut in other forms) to their diet. They cooked with it and one added it to protein shakes and they also used it in salad dressings, if I recall.

Some things to keep in mind: This was a popular mag and not a scientific source, it cited ONE study (there's probably lots more about this on the web, but I haven't bothered to look it up), and also coconut oil is loaded with saturated fat, so even if it helped the thyroid and helped with resistant weight loss, one could develop clogged arteries by using it. I don't know if it'd be bad for just a short period, though, or if its health benefits would outweigh the clogging thing. I'd ask the doctor if I were going to use it.

That said, I actually tried to find coconut oil in stores but couldn't. One health food store said they'd put me on a waiting list as they had a shipment coming in and so many people wanted it because of the magazine article. Anoher health food store said they also had received a lot of requests but didn't plan on stocking it.

Anyhow, I wonder if it'd help just to eat something with coconut in it everyday for a week? Hmmm.

Avanti, campers!!!

Amarantha2
05-24-2003, 11:30 AM
YO!!!! YO!!!! YO!!!! CAMPERS, IT IS TIME FOR TPS (TOTALLY POSITIVE SATURDAY)!!!! AS A SPECIAL FUN CHALLENGE, THE BOYS IN THE CAMP ACROSS THE RIVER ARE CHALLENGING THE GIRLS TO A WHOLE DAY OF THINKING ONLY POSITIVE FITNESS AND WEIGHT ISSUE THOUGHTS, BELIEVING THAT IT'S POSITIVELY POSSIBLE TO STAY MORE OR LESS ON PROGRAM DURING THIS HOLIDAY WEEKEND, EXPRESSING ONLY POSITIVE THOUGHTS AND SUPRESSING ALL FEARS THAT THE BAB WILL TAKE OVER BEFORE TUESDAY!!!!

Oh, was I shouting? Sorry! The sign-up sheet is over by the TALL PINE TREE OF POSITIVE FITNESS RESOLUTIONS, which is located (in case you don't know) in the center of camp by the bulletin board. The :drill: says she is taking it as a given that everyone is signed up for this, even if they don't report in!

Let's go out there and show those boys across the river what us girls can do! Let's BANISH THE BAB and send some :dance: floating across the river to take up residence in the boys' camp!

Ok?

Ok, the :drill: says she's assuming that's ok!!! :bravo:

Woo-hoo, here we go!!!

Amarantha2
05-24-2003, 11:37 AM
P.S. I'M TAKING THE LIBERTY OF STARTING THREAD NUMBER TWO FOR US!!!! I HOPE NO ONE MINDS! THIS IS JUST TOO LONG! I'M GOING TO REPOST THE :drill: 's ANNOUNCEMENT THERE AND HOPE ALL WILL NOT POST HERE BUT POST THERE, IN OTHER WORDS, BE THERE OR BE SQUARE. THANKS!!

Amarantha2
05-24-2003, 11:39 AM
I'm going to post a second thread, if no one minds. This one seems to be getting too long to load quickly. Hope that's ok. Thanks.