Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : MRC May Thread

ynapier
05-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Let's try this again! ;)

Welcome May!

camaswa
05-01-2012, 10:53 AM
Try Hansons. It's allowed. And they have a root beer! Sold in the natural foods sections or the soda aisle. I love the ginger ale.

patzi
05-01-2012, 11:25 AM
Welcome May..

I had maintenance weigh in and lost the 1 1/2 pounds I gained from eating bagel and creme cheese, so now I am 5 1/2 pounds under goal. I have added to this on the maintenance forum

Patzi

rachels77
05-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Yay for May!

WI on Saturday... lost another 1.5 pounds for a total of 74.5! Whoot! Whoot!

Then, promptly fell off the wagon with a dinner with my husband and kids... not entirely off-plan, but not great either. Not beating myself up about it though, added some extra cardio to help stave off some of the damage and we're moving on. On-plan, on-point, on-target...

On the diet soda, I agree about the sodium. For me, it is also a trigger food which makes me want to eat more (as is chocolate, dairy, and sugarfree gum).

I'm looking forward to hitting my goal this month! Yippee! I'm not sure how much time I have left in the program before stabilization, but I don't think I'm going to buy extra weeks or anything. I'm happy with my looks - except for the jiggly bits that I'm working on - and I'm in a size 9/10, which is what I set out to do in August...

How many of you stabilized with a few pounds left to goal? Don't they say that you'll lose some more on maintenance? If so, how much did you lose?

Thanks, guys! Happy losing!

patzi
05-01-2012, 12:08 PM
rachels77

Congrats on the total weight loss. That is a great accomplishment.

I did not lose during maintenance or stabilization.. Before I started stabilization I insisted to the center I wanted to be 5 under goal for a security blanket, and I am so glad I did.. However, teacher lady is one that lost during maintenance. Go to the maintenance forum and she talks about it. As a matter of fact she has lost 100 pounds. Isn't that something?

Keep up the good work.

Patzi

selway
05-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Just another soda comment - I find that either the aspartame or caffeine makes me crazy hungry. But also, for some people, caffeine can contribute to insulin resistance. Track your food/exercise and then try a few days with or without the soda and see if it makes a difference. I have heard about the Hansons - no caffeine, no aspartame. I can't wait to try it!

OSUBeavergal
05-01-2012, 12:59 PM
Hello everyone! I just started the yellow menu today and I'm really stoked about the journey I'm starting on! Any tips for a beginner to help get me in the right mindset?

camaswa
05-01-2012, 01:29 PM
rachels77

Congrats on the total weight loss. That is a great accomplishment.

I did not lose during maintenance or stabilization.. Before I started stabilization I insisted to the center I wanted to be 5 under goal for a security blanket, and I am so glad I did.. However, teacher lady is one that lost during maintenance. Go to the maintenance forum and she talks about it. As a matter of fact she has lost 100 pounds. Isn't that something?

Keep up the good work.

Patzi
Agree! I had a counselor try to stArt me on stabilization at 6 pounds from goal and I just got confused. I wasn't expecting it. Also, the next time I went in a different counselor said my bodyfat was still way to high and didn't recommend I stabilize yet anyway. Boy was I confused and I ended up kind of going off the deep end and gaining 5 pounds. But once I got a grip and refocused it has been good. I no longer have a weight goal, but a bodyfat goal of 32% max. We will see where that putsme,weight-wise. Bottom line: I suggest you get where you want to be, THEN stabilize.

sots mom
05-01-2012, 02:24 PM
I WI Saturday with a loss of 3 lbs. I was/am so proud of myself!! :carrot:

Then last night, my DH went out for a while with his brother. I saw this as my chance...I totally finished off a bag of Golden Flake potato chips that my college age kids left behind this weekend. It wasn't just a few chips either, it was about 1/4 of a bag. :( I don't know why I didn't throw them away Sunday night when they left. Part of me thinks I was sub-consciously planning to eat them. This is my confession. I have told noone else. I do plan to confess at the WI tomorrow. I am not looking forward to it!!

My stomach hurt for the rest of the night, and today I feel horrible. :barf:

camaswa
05-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Do tell your counselor. A good one will help you think about what made you do that and what you could do differently next time. For some of us, there will always be stuff like this- part of the program is learning how to overcome it. I marvel at the people who never eat off plan even once, those who are not emotional or unconscious esters. I'm not like them and know I will always have to work on this. I hope you have a good counselor who can help you. Also, go to the Connections classes if you can. They talk about stuff like this. Good luck.

rachels77
05-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Sots Mom - I know what you mean. It's good that you are confessing - I think everyone has done it.... overeaten for whatever reason. I did this a few times but I always remember how craptastic I felt the hours/days after the off-plan. It seems to help me maintain some control when I mess up again.

Remember, you are human. Those are human emotions - you can talk to your counselor about what triggers your eating and what you can do. Everyone makes mistakes and it is common - learning from them is what makes the difference... just a thought.

ynapier
05-01-2012, 05:49 PM
I went to WI after week one of stabilization. I was the same which suprised me that the addition didn't cause any gain. I guess that's the whole point of adding things back slowly. On to week two.

patzi
05-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Camaswa.. Such a great statement(get to where YOU want to be then stabilize.. That is so true. I bucked the center and insisted I was not ready and when I was would let them know. I am comfortable with the decision I made.

Patzi

lovetofishandrun
05-01-2012, 06:56 PM
So far it looks like a good week for everyone. Lost 1 lb. and visited with counselor about refocusing - I was in "coast" mindset with 10 lbs. to go and started adding more of the :devil: carb to my diet. That is my "trigger" - salty, crunchy as well as good bread.

Galadreal - hope you are recovering.

Wish all a good rest of the week

kmcnair12
05-01-2012, 07:17 PM
I don't know what it is about Tuesdays but my last 2 Tuesday weigh-ins I've only managed to lose 1/2 lb. That's with sticking with the plan 100% too! UUGGGHHHH. FRUSTRATED. Any suggestions on making it go faster?

Also, anybody taking idodine (kelp) supplement or b-complex vitamins and noticed a difference on the scale? my counselor did an iodine skin test on me today and it was pretty much gone after about 6 hours. so i'm pretty sure i'm deficient in it. i know it helps with thyroid function and metabolism. if anybody could share their experiences with iodine or b-complex supplements that would be great!

COchick
05-01-2012, 09:22 PM
I've only lost another .5 in the last few days, but hopefully it'll all catch up with me. I recently bought a six pack of Hansen's root beer...it's actually pretty good! I drink one if I'm having a massive sweets craving and it hits the spot.

bigdog
05-01-2012, 11:23 PM
An innocent looking box of baby Swiss Cheez-its are the devil in disguise:devil::devil:

For some reason I felt like I could eat those cheesy devil crackers and fudge all weekend and not gain! Back to work today and those new black pants were tight tight tight! I normally would not weigh in till a few days after vacation but felt like I'd better get my fat arse on the scales and face reality (thanks to you guys on this board because that's what you do!) Stepped up the water and did a fast power walk twice this am before work. The Cycle Classic was this evening downtown so had another power walk this pm to check out the race...everything else I ate this weekend was on plan. We did go out to eat once and I had the fish taco grilled and didn't eat the tortilla. I did have some sweet potato fries though and a mich ultra. Walked the beach, rode our bikes a lot so did get a lot of activity in.
Food festival this weekend downtown. I'm volunteering at the beer truck ;) one for them and one for me. Haha! Seriously I will make sure I take some water with me. The good thing is that we will be slammed so won't have time to drink and eat! Love reading about everyone's success! Way to go Rachel on reaching your goal!

Rowdy
05-02-2012, 12:36 AM
Weighed in today, down only .5lb. Oh well, still headed in the right direction.

Met a friend for lunch that I hadn't seen since I started MRC. She noticed face thinner and shoulders. Made me feel good. Lunch at Panera, chose a salad with chicken and the apple.

I already feel like getting out of the house more with an 18.5 lb loss so far. I've been hiding at home and it was so nice to visit, laugh and have an all around great time.

bzetti
05-02-2012, 01:16 AM
I found this forum while trying to do research on MRC online. You have all inspired me to give MRC a try. I'm so glad to have found an online support group! I'll let you know how my consultation goes tomorrow. Wish me luck!
:woohoo:

Galadreal
05-02-2012, 08:48 AM
lovetofishandrun - Thanks, going back to the doc this morning. Cough HACK! I tried to go to work yesterday but the sent me home saying I sounded contagious. Trying to stick to plan but don't want to or can't eat anything. Plus happy days are here again (and water weight is never my friend). It has been over a week so I need to go to weigh in and see what the damage is, but I am too tired and sore this morning to care. Hubby is making poached eggs and toast. But you know breakfast has not been the problem, it is those bedamned chewable foods later in the day :)

Bigdog- Beer Truck? "Lead me not into temptation, I can find it well enough on my own." That sounds awesome. Hope you have a great time.

Congrats to everyone on the losses, even a small loss is still a loss. Now I am off to avoid looking at the scale.

ynapier
05-02-2012, 10:43 AM
bzetti - Welcome. I really love this program. It is great. Good luck.

My mom came to town last night and we went through a bunch of clothes. I knew some of them needed altered but I also needed someone else who sews to help with the pinning. I have not mastered pinning on myself yet. Anyway, she took a whole sack full of clothes back with her that she is going to take in for me so I can wear them now. I'm very excited to get them back. It will be about 3 weeks before I see her again. It will be like a whole new closet. I also have another bag of clothes that need to be cleaned. I haven't been able to wear them in about 10 years. They are all classic styles that still look great. And most of them are summer clothes so that is even better.

I agree with the statement about getting where YOU are comfortable and stabilizing. I was out of time but I am also comfortable where I am right now. I was ready to stabilize.

Congratulations on all the loses. Remember the 1/2 pounds add up to whole pounds which equals a smaller YOU!

JenB72
05-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Hello everyone! I just started the yellow menu today and I'm really stoked about the journey I'm starting on! Any tips for a beginner to help get me in the right mindset?

Plan, plan, plan!!! Plan your meals, plan your drinks, plan your grocery shopping trips. Plan everything. I did worst when I left things to chance.

Also, if you can, stay involved with this forum. It's an incredible support system and those who stay active seem to do very well.

Good luck on your journey!

ynapier
05-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Galadreal - I hope you get some better medication and kick this sinus thing to the curb!

Galadreal
05-02-2012, 11:25 AM
I am back, and over-medicated. Got more (different) antibiotics, some heavy duty cough syrup, some evil nasal stuff, and prescription Musinex. Now I am heavily dosed and going to bed, but wanted to share. Weighed in this morning after Dr. appointment and signed the 20 pound board. I lost 3.5 pounds since last Monday. Which I was worried about with being so far off program, not being able to eat, eating canned soup, not getting enough water, and having happy time. I figured I gained 5 pounds. Yay to be wrong. Now going to sleep before the loopyness sets in.

COchick
05-02-2012, 11:32 AM
I weigh myself first thing in the morning, and some days I get out of bed, feeling so THIN, and before I get on the scale I'm sure I must have lost about 5lbs. But it was only .5. I'll still take it.

Welcome newbies!

Galadreal, I hope these new meds help you feel better soon.

As for tips, I agree with Jen. You have to plan. And I always have extra things on hand that I can eat in a pinch. Tuna. Individually frozen and precooked chicken breast. Frozen veggies. So if something comes up, I can just grab something that is quick.

Fluffy in Florida
05-02-2012, 11:47 AM
This week has really been tough for me. Late saturday night we had to have our 14+ yr old dog put to sleep. We got him from the pound about 13 yrs ago and he has been my shadow ever since. I have struggled to stay on program and have had several slip ups. My cat had to be put to sleep last year and it's so overwhelming to have such a quiet house. Never being able to have kids they were my babies. I know I've got to stay focused because sliding now will be detrimental to me but I just can't get motivated to plan this week. Hopefully I can pull out of it soon.
Sorry for the downer post...had to confess about the off program eating somewhere before I WI later this week.

kimmy125
05-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Tomorrow I am finally starting my program. I have been on pre-conditioning but tonight I have my classes and officially get started. So far on pre-conditioning I've lost 4 pounds. I will weigh in one more time tonight and get started. I know the weight is going to come off. I feel like someone who has won the lottery and I am just waiting to turn the ticket in! I know being at my goal weight is just a matter of time now that I have the tools to get the weight off.

Fluffy in Florida
05-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Good luck Kimmy...this program is great.

camaswa
05-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Fluffy, that is so sad about your dear dog. it's a big loss in your life. Get outside as much as you can and breathe fresh air, and even if you eat off program, try to also eat beautiful fresh foods that make you appreciate being alive.

patzi
05-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Fluffy..No need to ever apologize for being down. We are all here for you.
I am so sorry about your dog. I have had to go thru that 3 times and each time it broke my heart.

I see you live in Florida as I do. Are you anywhere near the beach? That is so healing if you can walk the beach, smell the fresh ocean air, and just try to make yourself feel better. If not, Camaswa's suggestion is great.

As for eating on program, just do the best you can.. You will be fine. Sometimes if make a menu up for about 3 or 4 days that will help me stay on program.

Again, so sorry.

Patzi

rachels77
05-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Fluffy - I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Pets are such an integral part of someone's life (mine included - we have a golden retriever that we just love - he's the son we never had and is such a big part of our family). Allow yourself time to heal - try not to do too much but allow yourself time to get out and about and vent. It's a hard time, but you do need to take care of yourself. If it helps, when I've had tough time, it helps me to eat on "auto pilot"... not having to be too specific but switch to my "go-to" meals... i.e. tuna, chicken, steamed veggies in the bag, Melba ... lather, rinse, repeat and all that.

Galadreal - sounds like you're on the road to recovery! Enjoy the medication!

Kimmy - great attitude! Just trust the process and continue to plan. You'll do great!

Well, for me, I'm not able to make it to weigh in mid-week, so it'll have to wait until Saturday. Hopefully all will be okay. I just couldn't weigh in earlier because I had to take time off work for my sick kiddo. She's much better, so that makes it easier for this soft-hearted mommy... trucking on!

Galadreal
05-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Fluffy, I am so sorry about your dog, and your cat. I know what it is like to lose my fuzzy little children and you have my deepest condolences. Many virtual hugs at you.

JenB72
05-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Fluffy, I am sooooo sorry. If you remember, I had to put my 17 year old cat to sleep right before Christmas. I hate that you have to go through this. To be honest, I didn't deal well with it either, program-wise. It's ok if you're not either. There will come a point where you will want to but if now's not the time, then it's not the time. We're all here for you if you need to "chat." :hug:

sots mom
05-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Well....today I went into the center for WI, and I was right. Up .5 lb...MAN, I knew those potato chips were gonna get me. But, I confessed and my counselor and I came up with a plan from keeping this from happening again.

On the positive side, I'm down 24.5 total inches, which include a total of 6.25 inches from my hips!!!! I almost cried!! The staff at my center (Auburn AL) are AWESOME, and keep me motivated.

I AM GOING TO DO THIS!!!!

camaswa
05-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Sots- are you kidding? 16 pounds resulted in 6.25 from your hips??? That's unbelievable! Wow,

skuba girl
05-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Hello All!

Last year about this time I joined MRC and loved the program. I had lost about 20 pounds when my husband came home from overseas and I discovered he'd had not one, not two but three affairs while he was gone...one with a 30 year old he was going to leave me for. Me being an emotional eater...well..thats when I gained most of the weight back that I lost. I'm not here to whine..I'm strong and I WILL get through all of this. I just recall the positive and motivational support I would read/get when I would come on this forum.

I began following the diet again without the suppliments. Right now my budget will not allow the high costs of them. So far I've lost 3.7lbs of the weight I gained back.

I do hope you guys will allow me to hang out and share in your accomplishmnents. What I read from you guys is so inspiring!

Susie

Fluffy in Florida
05-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Thank you all for the warm words of encouragement to get through this. After lunch today I felt so sick and now I know if nothing else my eating has to be watched. My dog is buried at my moms right by his best friend (our kitty). I sat out there today and felt a little more at peace. Again thank you all. It means a great deal.

Susie, welcome and most definitely you are welcome here. Sorry to hear what happened to you. You do sound strong and there are many people here to help you with whatever questions you might have. Good luck and welcome back.

bigdog
05-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Fluffy I am so sorry to hear about your dog :( but 14 plus years is a long happy life for that lucky dog (to have such a great mom). We rescue German shepherds and they are our babies. I couldn't have children either... Our first rescue passed away two years ago and we immediately went the next day and got my little baby boy GSD. We know we can take care of three dogs and so many need good homes. Our oldest girl is 17 (lab/shepherd mix), middle child is 7 and the baby is two years old. He has a lot of the same characteristics as our first girl (loves his baby pool, obsessed with tennis balls, follows me everywhere)
I know everyone is different but I think you need to go to the shelter and rescue a dog and a cat too! Our first girl was amazing! Rescued her at 9 mths and she lived a long happy life. She was ready to go and knew we would continue rescuing dogs. She trained our next two rescues. We still talk about her every day and she lives forever in our hearts....we go camping all the time just so we can take our "children" with us. My DH and I both have streessful jobs and they make us laugh daily. Great walking partners and hey they eat the leftover bread that I'm not eating anymore!

Rowdy
05-03-2012, 06:17 AM
In order to stay focused on this diet I make mini goals that are attainable in a relatively short amount of time. I woke up early today, headed to the scales and YEAH I met my goal to get under 260, I am at 259.8. I needed to tell someone, it is 5am and everyone else in house is asleep so I am so thankful to have this group so I can get the word out!!! Next mini goal is passing under 250, here I go!!!

Congrats to the losers.

Best wishes to those who have had stresses/sadness in there lives.

Fluffy in Florida
05-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Congrats on hitting your goal Rowdy! I wouldn't call them mini goals, they are just as important as your final goal weight. Come on 250, you will be there before you know it.

selway
05-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Rowdy - Yay! I think goals/milestones along the way are very important! I have been hovering 1 pound over my next goal for a week and it is killing me. I think non-food rewards along with those goals are important too. It doesn't have to be expensive, but something. Pair of earrings, out to a movie, etc.

Fluffy - so sorry to hear about your dog. Hang in there.

Susie - Welcome! Focus on taking care of YOU right now. Don't worry about all of the supplements, many folks on this forum will tell you that they aren't necessary. I am not trying to talk you out of them - but don't let them stress you out if they aren't in your budget. HNS definitely, as well as a vitamin and EFA. Just work the meal plan 100%, get some exercise, and drink your water. You can do it!

NonfatKat
05-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Fluffy, I am so sorry to hear about your dog. I've been there and it's one of the hardest things I've been through in my life. I wish they would live forever. You hang in there, you are doing a great job!!

NonfatKat
05-03-2012, 12:47 PM
I am so excited about my results from last nights WI. This is my 13th day on program and I've lost 6.5 pounds, which is less than I expected but they did measurements last night and I am down 18.5 inches! I hate the scale at the moment but I am confident it will catch up. My consultant was really good with me and we went over everything in my food journal and found that I was doing a couple things wrong so I made those changes immediately. Like taking my pills after my meals, now I am taking them BEFORE one bite of food passes my lips. Hopefully the scale will reflect it next time. I am still 100% motivated!

kmcnair12
05-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Nonfatkat, why take the pills before you eat? Did they give you a reason? I take mine with breakfast, not necessarily before I take my first bite. Am I doing it wrong?

kmcnair12
05-03-2012, 12:52 PM
And fluffy, I'm sorry to hear about your dog, too. Take care of yourself!

rachels77
05-03-2012, 12:56 PM
Hey, Susie - Welcome back! What a sad point in your life (silly men) but you are right - you ARE strong, you WILL get through this, and you will have the BEST revenge... living a long, happy, sexy life ;)

Go, Rowdy! So happy for you to be in another decade! Go, you! No goal is too small or mini... they're all there for a reason. Glad I'm not the only one online at 3,4, or 5 am... can't wake the hubster up to tell him about a loss but I definitely come on here. Bad part? I have to go online on my phone at home and trying to type messages takes forever (oh, my poor thumb-ies!)

I'm still not able to WI until Saturday, sometime... hopefully we'll do well then. Busy week and all that going on. But I'm excited to go to my daughter's field trip tomorrow and hang with her - nice that she thinks I'm still cool enough to do that!

NonfatKat
05-03-2012, 12:57 PM
kmcnair12,

She said that the best time to take them was 30 minutes prior to your meal if possible but taking them right before works too. It gives your body time to absorb the vitamins and nutrients from them and it works best on an empty stomach. It's not the end of the world if you take them later but apparently you're not getting the full benefit from them.

I am going to try it religiously this week to see if I see a bigger difference on the scale.

rachels77
05-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Just FYI - mine always work better about 30-45 minutes before a meal... seems to help with the cravings. For some reason, I also do better with mostly doing my HNS right before I eat as opposed to after (except when I allow myself a pudding or something!)

sots mom
05-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Sots- are you kidding? 16 pounds resulted in 6.25 from your hips??? That's unbelievable! Wow,

Camaswa,

I swear to you that's what the counselor said. I can understand your doubt, but then again you haven't seen the size of my hips!! :D

NonfatKat
05-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the confirmation, Rachels. It helps to hear it from someone who is actually doing it.

camaswa
05-03-2012, 03:07 PM
To sots mom:haha! Keep goin!

ynapier
05-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Sots mom - wat to go on the loss of inches. That's great. Keep up the good work.

Fluffy - I'm sorry for you loss. That is very difficult. Pets are members of the family and it's like losing a child. Just take time to heal and you will get through this.

OSUBeavergal
05-04-2012, 12:09 AM
Weighed in yesterday and I was down 3.5 pounds! On day 3 of the yellow menu and am craving sweets so terribly. It's even harder because my husband brought those big ultra sweet blueberry muffins in the house for his breakfast, and then scoffed when I asked him to keep them in his car. It's been a rough evening, I'm not feeling very supported.

kevnashliesmom11601
05-04-2012, 04:37 AM
Congratulations to everyone on your weight loss so far. even .5 is still .5 less than you were before. just remember or look at a picture of what a lb of fat looks like. even if you only lose .5, that's half of that yucky glob gone from your body.

I am due for another WI at 8:15 this morning. i work nightshift, and I really HATE having to WI after working all night because everyone knows that you weigh less when youve been sleeping all night lol. I was down 1.5lbs at WI on Tuesday, so fingers crossed that I didnt gain any back since ive had the munchies and cravings all week thanks to mother nature. Ive been doing really good at avoiding them until yesterday and this morning. I had plain cheerios with milk for supper and for a snack at work i had a 3 Musketeer. I know Im going to confess at WI.

Fluffy: so sorry to hear about your loss. Furbabies are just as important as children and very dear to our hearts.

camaswa
05-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Weighed in yesterday and I was down 3.5 pounds! On day 3 of the yellow menu and am craving sweets so terribly. It's even harder because my husband brought those big ultra sweet blueberry muffins in the house for his breakfast, and then scoffed when I asked him to keep them in his car. It's been a rough evening, I'm not feeling very supported.
OSU, could I suggest you have a serious conversation with your husband about this? Establish some agreements up front - does he want you to succeed? Does he understand how vital it is to your health and wellbeing? Be frank about where you are heading and why it matters so much that you change your lifestyle. If he agrees, then tell him flat out that you need his support and be specific about what you would like him to do differently. I really don't think we can succeed at this long term if those closest to us are not on our side. (Go Beavs, I used to live in Corvallis!)

ynapier
05-04-2012, 10:54 AM
OSU - way to go on your loss. That's awesome. I agree camaswa about talking to your husband. You need his help now. Maybe in the future it will be easier for you to turn away the things that he brings home but right now ask him for you his support.

patzi
05-04-2012, 11:41 AM
I had maintenance weigh in and stayed the same, 5 pounds under goal. Congratulations to all the losers. Hang in there ladies, it is all worth it.

Patzi

COchick
05-04-2012, 12:05 PM
2lb loss this morning! It sure seems to drag its feet for me, and then BAM!

OSU, I agree about speaking to your husband. Mine didn't realize how serious I was about this until I sat him down and let him know that I really needed his support. It was a very serious conversation (and I cried) but now he's behind me 100%.

camaswa
05-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Just reporting in after my weekly weigh-in. Only lost .5. It was more on my scale, but I did eat breakfast and drink liquids before I went, whereas usually I obsessively wait till the second I am out of there to eat or have coffee. That means I am up several hours with no food, and that seems dumb. I was just too hungry today. In total I lost 6 pounds in April, which to those just starting that probably sounds awful, but I am really close now and I have never lost as fast as they promised. So it's good. For the most part, I am still focused, and I have to say that these 6 have really made a difference in how I look. I'm kind of shocked. Do you ever do a double take in the mirror and marvel? It's the best feeling!

I had a difficult week at work: deadline pressure and personal/political dynamics that I let upset me. I neglected to keep a food journal and I ate out way more than usual. So .5 is ok. I'll be planning, shopping, and cooking for next week on Saturday.

ynapier
05-04-2012, 05:52 PM
Camaswa - way to go on the loss. You are going in the right direction.

COChick - that is a GREAT loss. Keep it up girl!

I have been doing the double take a lot lately. I guess I have just "noticed" that I lost 69.5 pounds. I know that sounds crazy but I never really saw it before.

Hope everyone has a great on plan weekend!

faerychic
05-04-2012, 06:38 PM
CAMASWA: I do the same darned thing............don't eat before I go weigh in on Saturdays. However tomorrow will be different - my center is only open Friday, Saturday and Monday so they suggest appointments now and I cannot get in until 11:00 tomorrow. Not going to starve myself just so I have a good number on the scale. I know it will not be a good number - went to Vegas last weekend with my BFF's from high school (and that was a LONG time ago!) Anyway, tried to watch what I ate but had to have some wine with the girlies :dizzy: My home scale shows I am up a pound, but the trip was worth it - I call it therapy :) Trying to get back in the swing of this has been difficult. I think I triggered my cravings as I want to eat peanut butter every afternoon! Oh well - back to the center tomorrow so they can set me straight!

Rowdy
05-04-2012, 07:35 PM
I got a 20 pound bracelet today! Got to also sign the 20 pound board. I must admit I am proud of the little rubber/plastic bracelet. I hung it on the turn signal arm along with my spare ponytail bands.

I had to slip into the room where they were holding a foods class for three new members to get the braclet and sign board. The new ladies teased that I was a set up to make it look good, I assured them I wasn't and then added, "It works, just follow the menu and drink your drinks!"

Rachel- glad to hear I am not the only earlybird on here. It like to get up, weigh, get my hns, greek yogurt, alittle coffee ect and read this board to get me focused for the day. It really helps me to read and know there is a group of us following this plan and how we are all in this together.

faery- hope you have a good weigh-in Sat. morning. I have been surprised when I least expected it, like this morning. I started going in famished to weigh, counselor told me to eat on program, drink my water and try and be consistant so it wont matter because everytime I will have had my 16 oz water ect and it will all be relative.

Rowdy
05-05-2012, 09:01 AM
OSU- my counselor told me that I could mix the powder peach (or any) HNS in a greek yogurt to make a sweet wonderful breakfast. It tastes so good! Get that husband straightened out and try that when you are craving sweets !!! :)

ynapier- fantasic....69.5 It all adds up to a big total like that!

I decided my reward for reaching 20 lbs....I ordered a 24 bottle pack of Figi water. A total splurge and a not something I would normal spend $ on but hey.....gotta celebrate somehow and I love that water!

Galadreal
05-05-2012, 09:14 AM
Down 2 more pounds today. I did not think I would see 225, it was just kind of a shock. I have not weighed this since 2008 when I got married.
Feeling a little better and stuck at working making up time, but had to share the good news. Husband also lost 2 pounds and is down to 217...want to smack him for losing more weight.

sots mom
05-05-2012, 09:48 AM
It should be a pretty good WI today. I've eaten 100% on plan since my last WI. My only worry is TOM showed up early. Is that common for any of you? This is the 2nd time it's happened since I stated the program, and it is very unusual for me. Just curious.

Congrats to all who have lost. You guys are a huge inspiration to me. One of my counselors tried to discourage me from using this site, claiming it could be negative. I have not found that to be true at all. I always seen to find just what I need to hear/read every time I log in.

Thanks again gals!! And have a GREAT weekend!!

patzi
05-05-2012, 10:30 AM
Galadreal.. Congrats on weight loss.. Good loss. Men, I find seem to lose weight faster than women in most cases. You are lucky hubby is doing program with you. Makes it much easier.

Rowdy.. Congrats on the 20 pound bracelet. That is a great accomplishment. I LOVE Figi water.. Nice natural artesian water. One of my favorites with FF Greek Yogurt is putting some powder& stevia as you mentioned in it and freezing it for a couple of hours. I swear it is like icecream... On maintenance that is what I have at night in summer, as the HNS creamy cocoa is too hot .

Faery.. Hope your weigh in is good this morning. Let us know.

I do not eat before weigh in. My weigh in is 9:15 and when I get to work at 10 I am absolutely famished. First thing I do is eat my breakfast.

Camaswa.. If you recall, with me my magic weigh loss at times was .2.. I would take anything.. .5 is a loss regardless. You are doing well.

I am sure I missed people that lost and if I did, I am sorry.. But want to congratulate all the losers, and for those struggling , hang on, stay focused and on program and come to this board and talk it out.. Wonderful bunch of people here.. And never forget it is really worth it, it is.

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend.

Patzi

skinnyfarmer12
05-05-2012, 11:52 AM
So thankful for this website! You all may never know how much you have inspired people! I have used this site for inspiration throughout my entire journey. Thank you so much. Wish you all well. Please keep posting as I am a little nervous about the stabilization party coming up next month. I feel I am different, but still a tad anxious. Again, thank you for all your posts.

NonfatKat
05-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Bye bye first plateau!! Just got back from WI and I am down another 3 pounds since Wednesday. This is the biggest loss to date and I am bouncing off the walls with excitement. I have been following the program religiously and have not cheated once so it's nice to see the scale reflect my efforts.

Congrats to all of you for sticking to it and for posting on this site. The support network here is definitely a tool in my weight loss arsenal.

camaswa
05-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Reading about greek yougert reminded me that I have been meaning to suggest to you guys mixing it with the lemon HNS. It's great, really lemony and tangy. And I bet even better if semi-frozen for a while.

I can officially say that every single pair of my jeans now either fit or are too big. I have some that have been stashed away since 2007! That is five years ago!

Today planted flowers instead of food shopping, bad me. But I found some shrimp in the freezer so we will grill them and have a big salad. Maybe potatoes for the man too.

That means tomorrow I have to get up and get focused and not poke around. We always take a 4-mile walk at a wildlife preserve on Sundays. Church for the non-church-goer, we say. It's so beautiful and uplifting to be out there, and all the birds are migrating right now, we see swans and herons, and all kinds of ducks. Often we see bald eagles, one time we saw 4.

But I absolutely must plan and prepare for the coming work week or I'm doomed. I want to see more than .5 come off next week.

Life is good.

camaswa
05-05-2012, 07:10 PM
CAMASWA: I do the same darned thing............don't eat before I go weigh in on Saturdays. However tomorrow will be different - my center is only open Friday, Saturday and Monday so they suggest appointments now and I cannot get in until 11:00 tomorrow. Not going to starve myself just so I have a good number on the scale. I know it will not be a good number - went to Vegas last weekend with my BFF's from high school (and that was a LONG time ago!) Anyway, tried to watch what I ate but had to have some wine with the girlies :dizzy: My home scale shows I am up a pound, but the trip was worth it - I call it therapy :) Trying to get back in the swing of this has been difficult. I think I triggered my cravings as I want to eat peanut butter every afternoon! Oh well - back to the center tomorrow so they can set me straight!
Just a small set-back that I am sure was worth it! I have been in your shoes so many times. You are right, getting right back on track can be h.ard, but you know that's what you gotta do. You have done so well! I see that your goal is also 160 and since you are also 5'8" I wondered what your thoughts are regarding a good bodyfat goal. have you ever talked to your counselor about that? You might be able to tell from some of my posts that I'm somewhat fixated on this topic. But I seem to be the only one. Wondering What is a good bodyfat goal for someone our size?

JodiH
05-05-2012, 10:07 PM
I enjoy reading all of the posts, and usually just lurk! I had wi yesterday and weighed several hours earlier than usual. But, am now sitting at 59.5 pounds! I was happy, just hope my afternoon wi will not show an increase on Tuesday. I am almost at my original goal weight, but decided I want to lose about 15-20 pounds more, so I bought a few more weeks. But, I have a question. How often do you eat Greek Yogurt? I thought it was only supposed to be eaten 2 X per week.

camaswa
05-05-2012, 10:37 PM
Jodi, I don't have my green sheet in front of me but I think thr greek yougurt is a max of either 2 or 3 per week. It does have carbs, so that's probably why. Your loss is impressive!

patzi
05-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Has anyone here gained when doing the shakes for a day or two? Every time I try it I gained a pound.. I know they are loaded with sugar and center says only use 3/4's of package, which I never do, I use 1 pkg. I was in a position that nothing I wanted to eat. All fried foods, etc. so I had a shake in morning before I left and a shake at the event, and this morning am up 1 pound. I had an OP meal last night.

Just curious.

Pazi

bigdog
05-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Reading about greek yougert reminded me that I have been meaning to suggest to you guys mixing it with the lemon HNS. It's great, really lemony and tangy. And I bet even better if semi-frozen for a while.

I can officially say that every single pair of my jeans now either fit or are too big. I have some that have been stashed away since 2007! That is five years ago!

Today planted flowers instead of food shopping, bad me. But I found some shrimp in the freezer so we will grill them and have a big salad. Maybe potatoes for the man too.

That means tomorrow I have to get up and get focused and not poke around. We always take a 4-mile walk at a wildlife preserve on Sundays. Church for the non-church-goer, we say. It's so beautiful and uplifting to be out there, and all the birds are migrating right now, we see swans and herons, and all kinds of ducks. Often we see bald eagles, one time we saw 4.

But I absolutely must plan and prepare for the coming work week or I'm doomed. I want to see more than .5 come off next week.

Life is good.

the Wildlife Preserve sounds wonderful! our only day off together is Sunday so we always take the boat out and will anchor sometimes at Bay Point or Bull Island (private islands you can only get to by boat) horseshoe crabs, sand dollars all over the place.. Herons, egrets, osprys and dolphins everywhere - we love it! when we take the dogs, they get to run without their leashes so are pretty happy :-) when it's too windy, we'll go to the beach, have to be outside somewhere near the water! that is also our "Church" enjoying nature. i was out of eggs and my precious grapefruit that i am addicted to! for two days and was having bad withdrawals! did a Greek Yogurt blended w/ a Strawberry Yogurt meal replacement for two mornings - added frozen strawberries.... but really missed my 2 eggs and grapefruit! am now fully stocked up and ready to roll
That's fantastic about all your jeans fitting or too big! i need to sort out some clothes and try more stuff on.. i did wear my favorite bermuda shorts yesterday that are at least 4 years old and they fit perfect. YAY! Happy Sunday!

bigdog
05-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Camaswa - way to go on the loss. You are going in the right direction.

COChick - that is a GREAT loss. Keep it up girl!

I have been doing the double take a lot lately. I guess I have just "noticed" that I lost 69.5 pounds. I know that sounds crazy but I never really saw it before.

Hope everyone has a great on plan weekend!

that is so funny!!! when i made my goal, i didn't realize i had lost 37 lbs till i looked at my ticker!! i really was focused on my weigh loss week by week and boy, does it add up! before joining in August, i really didn't think i could lose weight successfully again...getting older, perimenapause, then i saw family reunion photos that my "mean" older sister sent to everyone!! and i was like, hey, that's not me!!! i'm the youngest sister, i've always been slim, athletic and how did i get into that larger body? WTH? anyway, maybe she didn't mean to hurt my feelings or i guess my ego? but it was a huge wake up call!!!

bigdog
05-06-2012, 09:36 AM
Has anyone here gained when doing the shakes for a day or two? Every time I try it I gained a pound.. I know they are loaded with sugar and center says only use 3/4's of package, which I never do, I use 1 pkg. I was in a position that nothing I wanted to eat. All fried foods, etc. so I had a shake in morning before I left and a shake at the event, and this morning am up 1 pound. I had an OP meal last night.

Just curious.

Pazi

i guess i've never bought the Center's shake mixes so prob. not a good person to answer this but for my replacement meals when i'm traveling or just don't want to cook anything, i use the Wonderslim Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie mix. (by itself w/ water or w/ frozen strawberries and/or greek yogurt) it's 100 cal., 1 g fat, 7 g. carb., protein 15 g, 5 g. sugar. (tons of vitamins in it too) (FYI, the Berry yogurt mix is terrible!).

faerychic
05-06-2012, 09:50 AM
Up 1 pound at weigh in yesterday as a result of my Vegas trip. The trip was great and I have no regrets and am refocused today to be back on plan 100%. Planning my meals this morning and I am off to the grocery store.

camaswa: I'll be getting my body fat % and measurements done next Saturday. I discussed my body fat % with my counselor a couple of months ago and she did say that I may not fall into the optimal range when I reach my goal weight since I have large breasts. My last measurement was 38% so I am curious to see what it will be on Saturday. What is your body fat % goal?

Speaking of breasts...........I suggest all you ladies see a professional bra fitter. I read an article that many women buy the wrong size bra's. I am a perfect example. I just bought 2 bras at VS last month size 38D - got measured at Nordstrom yesterday and was told I should be in a 36 DDD. Apparently most women buy the band size too big and the cup size too small.

bigdog
05-06-2012, 09:57 AM
yesterday, worked the beer truck at a local festival in town and will have to say, we were so slammed serving beer to thousands of people that attended that i only had a chance to have one!!! i was like, this is crazy, we are too busy to even drink on the "job". Fun event and was on my feet for 6 hours (my DH who is a Chef said, "welcome to my world") haha it was a food fest and i did pretty good...had some curry chicken tacos and piled it high w/ the salsa and veggies on the salsa bar. didnt even eat the tortilla...did have a couple Mich ultras in the Sponsor tent so will have to really drink the water today to get rid of the Water Retention alcohol! was starving when i got home though so got the Wendy's grilled chicken salad w/ apples and a small vanilla frosty! (bad choice but wanted it after working in 90 degree hot weather all day in the beer tent) anyway, with all the festivals coming up and summer activities, i really have to focus on losing and not gaining. the best thing for me is to have foods on plan i can take w/ me (cut up veggies, cheese sticks, HNSs) and lots of water. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend and congratulations on all the successes! for those who went off plan, get right back on board!, we can do this!

Rowdy
05-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Jodi- I am on the over 250 lb metaslim level 2 and can have Greek yogurt every day for breakfast or 3 times a week at lunch. On my next menu under 250 I can only have 3 times a week. Not sure what all the other menus say. I love it, so for 8 more pounds I'm having it every morning!

I am so happy for all the success everyone is having....large and small losses. This is such a positive group of shrinking gals! I worked with a group that would always sabotage my weight loss attempt, or at least I allowed them too. Now I am learning to be stronger and realize I can't let others mess with my focus of weight loss. So nice to communicate with this group versus the mean sabotagers!

Thanks to all, now time to start drinking my first 32 ounce jug of water for the day!

COchick
05-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Still hovering around the same weight. My body seems to do that for a few days before agreeing to finally give up a pound or two.

TMI alert: Yesterday I was completely OP, and I didn't eat anything I haven't had before. A few hours after dinner, I feel like I am going to toss my cookies, and then my stomach starts to ache--like a #2. But I can't go. All night, even this morning, I have a ripping pain in my gut. Any suggestions?

Galadreal
05-06-2012, 01:32 PM
COchick, maybe you should try a fiber supplement. or just a few grains of epsom salts (it does not take much at all, trust me) there is also "Super Dieters Tea" but that is supposed to be taken after your last meal of the day. I have that problem sometimes, so it might help.

Also, was going through clothes today and did manage to fit into a size 16, it was just kind of a shock. I had to dig it out of the back of my closet...but my 18s were getting so loose I though I was gonna need to buy a belt. Now I guess I have 2 more pairs of pants to add into the rotation. Of course they will require long t-shirts becuase I still have muffin top, but they fit, and I did not even have to lay down to get them zipped. Happy.

patzi
05-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Bigdog... Now that I think about it, each time I gained on shakes they were from the center.. I had bought the same ingredient shakes from Bari Wise via Diet Direct and I did not gain. I will not buy anymore, that is for sure.

Cochick good loss.. Way to go.

Patzi

camaswa
05-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Cochick, agree that more fiber might help. That is the downside of this diet, I think. I feel kind of like that more often than I want to admit. All the protein binds me up. I don't like MRCs fiber drink but I have started having one a day. Also the fish oil seems to help.

Confession: did the planning and shopping I posted about but inexplicably bought some junky stuff and could not stop at the "one piece" I had told myself I would be ok having. Finally I put the rest down the disposal and brushed my teeth. Right now not feeling so great.

Why did I do this when I was so adamant I would get in gear today? Well, first, I am buying food for later in the week when my daughter comes back from college WITH HER BOYFRIEND. My girl is bringing a guy home to meet the parents. Omg. So at the store I found myself wanted to get every single treat she ever liked since the days of cocoa puffs. And there's the mom thing of feeding the young man. I remember how my mom marveled at how much my boyfriend could eat and how she loved to cook when we came home. It's all just too nostalgic! And bittersweet. My daughter has a whole fabulous life ahead, my parents are gone. They would be so excited when I came home to visit- it drove me crazy then but is exactly how I am feeling now.

So I guess I am eating out of some anxiety or emotion. Maybe trying to ignor all the anticipation I am feeling. The afternoon plan was to cook and prepare stuff but I am thinking that now I should just get out of the house for a while.

melissab617
05-06-2012, 05:49 PM
I am new, and just got my MetaSlim Yellow menu. Today is my first day OP. My salads say I can use a little oil and some cider vinegar. Problem is, I tried that today and couldn't even stomach the entire salad. Is there ANYTHING else I am able to use on my salad for a type of "dressing" so it isn't dry?

camaswa
05-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Wanted to add one thing. My girl used to always help put the groceries away when I brought them in. Invariably she would open things and have a bite, which made me so mad because then they would have to be refrigerated and/or eaten sooner. She just wanted to taste everything that looked interesting. I was doing that as I put things away....

Most of the time I feel great about her growing up, even though it means she is moving further away from me, but for some reason right now I am so sad about it. It must be the anticipation of her visit, knowing it will be just 10 short days and then she will be back to her college life- summer school and an internship. And then the boyfriend adds a new level of emotion and a different dynamic to the family. Didn't I just say life was good? It is, but it is bittersweet, too.

camaswa
05-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Try those low cal ones you spritz on. Or make a vinegarette with some olive oil, dijon mustard, salt, and balsamic or wine vinegar and then water it down. Toss the greens really, really well so all are coated before butting all the veggies on. You can get away with a lot less when you toss it like crazy in a large bowl. I hate cider vinegar and would never use that with olive oil.

camaswa
05-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Up 1 pound at weigh in yesterday as a result of my Vegas trip. The trip was great and I have no regrets and am refocused today to be back on plan 100%. Planning my meals this morning and I am off to the grocery store.

camaswa: I'll be getting my body fat % and measurements done next Saturday. I discussed my body fat % with my counselor a couple of months ago and she did say that I may not fall into the optimal range when I reach my goal weight since I have large breasts. My last measurement was 38% so I am curious to see what it will be on Saturday. What is your body fat % goal?

Speaking of breasts...........I suggest all you ladies see a professional bra fitter. I read an article that many women buy the wrong size bra's. I am a perfect example. I just bought 2 bras at VS last month size 38D - got measured at Nordstrom yesterday and was told I should be in a 36 DDD. Apparently most women buy the band size too big and the cup size too small.
I was 39% at 165 pounds. They said I should get under 32% in order to have the ratio of muscle mass that keeps metabolism going strong. I remember you saying that a while ago about large breasts. I'm just a D (but haven't been fitted since I have been losing. I need to do that)

bigdog
05-06-2012, 09:12 PM
oh, Camaswa, you just made me tear up...thinking about my mom.. you and your daughter sounds like the relationship i had w/ my mom. (passed away 2.5 yrs ago) i was the only one of my 4 siblings that moved away (the rest of my brothers and sisters live in my hometown).. but mom and i talked to each other at least a couple times a week and at 79 years old, she decided she wanted a computer so she could email and send me jokes. my nephew showed her how to hook up and she emailed me the funniest notes almost daily. she called me up one time and said, are you on the World Wide Web? well, i am! she was so excited. she loved learning new things and meeting new people. her goal in life was to make people laugh - she'd walk up to anyone and just start talking! OMG, she was so much fun. she would get so excited when i'd visit, we talk every day on the phone before i arrived and she'd always say, ok, let's don't talk anymore before you get here because we won't have anything left to say when you arrive! like that would happen! that woman loved to shop - she said Shopping was in her blood! we all camped together all the time and she just loved my DH! and accepted that my dogs were her grandchildren and treated them just like they were! even though she was terrified of german shepherds (was bitten as a child) anyway, boy am i rambling!! before we sold the family home, i found a whole drawer of letters she wrote me when i was in college. i would read one a night and just laugh out loud! really helped me in that time after her death where i was just totally out of sorts (she was also my best friend)..
anyway, we had the distance but were so close. we used to mail each other monkeys! stuffed animals, cards,anything w/ monkeys on it. it all started when she sent me a postcard from a zoo in NC that said, This reminded me of you, love ya, Mom. so the monkey war started...LOL!
her diet advice to me by the way was...you just have to practically starve yourself to lose weight! Back in the day, she took diet pills and used to eat some kind of chocolate laxative! (as kids, we snuck in her drawers and thinking it was candy...ate it and realized too late it was laxatives!!)
re: staying on plan...... i was still starving today! and ate two tacos, usually i eat one and for lunch ate the bread on the subway veggie sub...i usually throw it over the boat. we did walk the island and then went to a sandbar and did alot of walking there too. i did chug water all day...anyway, w/ the extra carbs, feel a bit bloated so have two huge mugs of water in front of me! i'm sure i'll be up all night running to the bathroom but i refuse to gain even one pound back! i like being thinner and fitting into everything! YAY!

JodiH
05-06-2012, 09:41 PM
I also gained when I drank the meal replacement shakes. My center told me I was probably sensitive to carbs and they have a lot. So, I just make my own smoothies, using Greek yogurt instead of cottage cheese bc of the sodium, and they work fine. Just wish I could have the yogurt more than twice a week. Trying to figure out quick lunches to take to work is my hardest thing. Sometimes I cook several turkey patties and use them, but would like some ideas of some "grab n go" lunches.

camaswa
05-07-2012, 12:06 AM
Bigdog: thats the kind of mom I want to be as I get older! I do think our relationship is gonna get more and more rewarding as her life blooms. Oh, and I know those chocolate laxatives! My mom had them too. I'm almost remembering what they were called....it was one little word.... They were little cubes wrapped in waxed paper. How funny. My mom kept the weight off with cigarettes, Slimfast, and Jack Daniels. At least I am setting a better example! Ha! Onward to the week ahead, everyone.

JenB72
05-07-2012, 08:35 AM
I always have lost using shakes from the center. I guess it can affect people differently.

Had a good weekend and stayed OP. Today is my last day of stabilization and tomorrow I enter the land of maintenance. Never thought I'd see the day. ;)

camaswa
05-07-2012, 08:39 AM
Jen, I am excited for you!

Rowdy
05-07-2012, 08:48 AM
Does anyone know if we can have Zevia soda? It is sweetened with stevia, can says Zero calories, No sugar.

When I drink one it makes me want to go off program.

After thinking about it, I studied the can more and is says total carbs 7gm from Erythritol.

My counselor was not familiar with it, plan on taking her a can in on my next visit.

The way it makes me want to cheat I guess I should avoid it but its nice to have a few cans of soda around, at least the old me wanted some in the house. I am slowly starting to prefer water over soda, never thought I would ever think that since before I started MRC I only drank diet coke and coffee.

JenB72
05-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Does anyone know if we can have Zevia soda? It is sweetened with stevia, can says Zero calories, No sugar.

After thinking about it, I studied the can more and is says total carbs 7gm from Erythritol.

My counselor was not familiar with it, plan on taking her a can in on my next visit.

The way it makes me want to cheat I guess I should avoid it but its nice to have a few cans of soda around, at least the old me wanted some in the house. I am slowly starting to prefer water over soda, never thought I would ever think that since before I started MRC I only drank diet coke and coffee.

I've never heard of it, but if it makes you want to go off program, my advice is not to knowingly sabatoge yourself. If I've learned anything, it's that if something "triggers" me to want to go OP, I don't keep it in the house. No excuses. I'm still battling it, now more than ever. I'm allowed to have all sorts of great things I couldn't while OP, but sometimes one isn't enough. So, out it goes. Keeping the weight off is hard enough.

bigdog
05-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Bigdog: thats the kind of mom I want to be as I get older! I do think our relationship is gonna get more and more rewarding as her life blooms. Oh, and I know those chocolate laxatives! My mom had them too. I'm almost remembering what they were called....it was one little word.... They were little cubes wrapped in waxed paper. How funny. My mom kept the weight off with cigarettes, Slimfast, and Jack Daniels. At least I am setting a better example! Ha! Onward to the week ahead, everyone.

the laxative was Exlax chocolate flavor and she also took Ayds, which was chocolate too! the diet pill was something like Dexatrim and she said it made her heart beat like crazy and she'd clean the whole house in a frenzy! she was always dieting and when i'd tell her i was starting Wt. Watchers again (and again and again and again!! LOL), she'd say, why pay all that money, just eat less. Actually what i did like about the WW meetings was the sharing of low point recipes, the member's experiences w/ family gatherings, parties, etc. and exercise tips. and getting weighed in every week.
But now i have all of you! and you keep me motivated each and every day. i can ramble on, share and confess!
one thing i know is when i start eating carbs, it makes me crave more so today it's all about protein, protein, protein, water, water, water!
Today is a new day and my goal is to be on plan for the week, then the next week, etc. do i really want to gain and be rolling over on the sandbar this summer? OH Heck NO! :nono: i really need some motivation to lift some weights...my upper arms need some work bad!!!

bigdog
05-07-2012, 09:04 AM
Congratulations, Jen!

i've never gained w/ any of the shakes...what makes me gain is extra carbs or not drinking my HNSs or water. also when i skip on the veggies, i stay the same and don't lose as quickly.

if you guys are missing the coffee mate or creamer in your am coffee, the Syntrax Vanilla Bean Torte powder mix is excellent! stir in w/ a fork to blend well. also, if you're looking for a low carb, low cal. protein bar, Chocolite Sugar free bars are really good and only 115 calories, 18 carb, 9 g. protein. if you want to just have a lower cal chocolate treat, the Chocolite Choc. pecan cluster is just like turtles and only 30 calories per serving. sugar free , 8 g. carbs, but only 1 g. protein. (all from Diet Direct) i don't use these for a protein bar but just a choc. treat. and i do hide them in the pantry so i can limit myself to no more than one a day. some days i don't have any, but just knowing they are there keeps me from my DH's oreos or whatever chocolate devil dessert he has in the house.... in a perfect world, there would be no tempting foods at all in the house, but my DH lives here too....Sigh (Haha!)

Have a great week everyone!

Galadreal
05-07-2012, 10:16 AM
so, we tried making the snickerdoodles in the recipe book this weekend (substituting syntrax vanilla bean torte for vanilla pudding) and they were so dry. I was wondering if anyone else eats these and what their ideas are. I tried adding lemon to make them like lemon cookies, but I did not add enough. What about adding an extra egg?

Any ideas or suggestions?

Already looking forward to next weekend. Had to work 10 hours on Saturday to make up time and sunday was just not long enough.

rachels77
05-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Hey, all!

So... went to my daughter's field trip on Friday. Had a ball with her and she loved it! Did a lot of walking - but also sampled her cookie dough blizzard... yummy. But felt crappy afterwards.

Saturday, I babysat and had 4 kiddos. Again, had fun. Forgot my supplements at home and had an "oh well" moment and ate frozen yogurt... why do I sabotage myself like that? Yeesh! But, on a positive note, I played for two hours at the park with the kids... complete with a water gun war and everything.

Sunday, totally ate on plan... until I made a cake (to use up some cake mix....) Made it low-cal with strawberries and Diet Sprite (microwave)... had a piece,... then took the rest to my grandmother. Still not horrible, but I must get it in control this week! Back on plan... onward and upward.

Today,... feeling HEAVY and bloated. So water, water, water for me. Did a cereal bar this morning (which makes me gain, but I was late getting up). Going to increase the cardio this week and burn some calories!

I guess I'm feeling like I'm almost to the end of the weight loss portion of the program and I'm just feeling odd... you know? Ugh. I don't want to lose my motivation and am TERRIFIED of regaining the weight, but I wander what got into me this weekend???? Yikes!:?:

rachels77
05-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Rowdy - as evidenced by my weekend wander off program... I am sensitive to carbs. Anything that makes me crave off-program foods (i.e. chocolate - even diet stuff - diet soda, pineapple) I have to watch and not have it in the house.

I can't remember but someone mentioned TOM coming too early... happened alot to me on the program. Even happened this week... I think it causes me to gain and crave bad foods also... maybe further proof of my weekend snafu.

sots mom
05-07-2012, 12:01 PM
:devil:

These danged potato chips are gonna be the death of me. I haven't indulged, but every time I turn around there is either a commercial on tv, or someone is eating them in front of me. I can almost taste the salty goodness...

Time to brush teeth now to get the "memory of chips" out of my mouth!!:o

camaswa
05-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Rowdy, but why would you want to have something you know will make you want to go off program?? Alternatives: Hansons diet soda, crystal lite in sparkling water or even a clear HNS. I have read that any artificially sweetened product can make your insulin spike, maybe you are like that...

patzi
05-07-2012, 01:10 PM
Jen, I am very happy for you.

Big dog.. Carbs are my enemy. As you know when I try things on maintenance, carb wise, and I gain, I don't eat it again, or may try it some months later. Look what happened when I ate the bagel and creme cheese, 2 pounds weight gain. Glad I enjoyed it as I will not eat that.

Rowdy, if something makes you go off program, I would not have it. You are only cheating yourself for a good weight loss.. Substitute it with something else.

Wishing you all a great week of great losses.

Patzi

faerychic
05-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Not a great weekend for me. My youngest daughter - age 21 is being harrassed by her ex-boyfriend and it is really stressing me out which makes me want to eat junk food. The situation with her is really bad - he actually broke into her apartment and robbed her last Monday evening. We were not certain he committed the crime but on Saturday he showed up at her work and confessed and begged her not to press charges. He is mentally unstable (which is why she broke up with him) and will be getting a restraining order against him today. In addition to being worried it makes me sad that she is having to deal with this. She is such a good kid, so sweet and thoughtful -always takes the time to call me or come see me.

Yesterday I went grocery shopping and in addition to all the good fruits and veggies I had to throw in some cake batter ice cream and dark chocolate. Ate some of the ice cream last night and tossed the rest. I know that stressful situations make me want to eat badly and yet I still do it! So, my plan for today/this week is drink 120 oz. of water, all 4 of my HSN's, plan my meals ahead of time and eat accordingly. I have 9 pounds to lose by 6/29 and will NOT be buying any more weeks of weight loss. So I really need to re-focus and stick to the plan so I have a good chance at getting rid of these last 9 pounds.

Thanks for listening.........I feel like if I confess my "cheats" to you all it's gonna help me get back on track (especially since my center is only open 3 days a week now!)

melissab617
05-07-2012, 01:22 PM
:devil:

These danged potato chips are gonna be the death of me. I haven't indulged, but every time I turn around there is either a commercial on tv, or someone is eating them in front of me. I can almost taste the salty goodness...

Time to brush teeth now to get the "memory of chips" out of my mouth!!:o

I TOTALLY understand this. For some reason, my daughter only wanted half of all of her snacks this weekend. Then, it was "Mommy, hold my cheese crackers....Mommy, hold my cookie..."

OMG, it was SO HARD to have self control! I had to hand them to my husband so I didn't eat them. LoL

melissab617
05-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Try those low cal ones you spritz on. Or make a vinegarette with some olive oil, dijon mustard, salt, and balsamic or wine vinegar and then water it down. Toss the greens really, really well so all are coated before butting all the veggies on. You can get away with a lot less when you toss it like crazy in a large bowl. I hate cider vinegar and would never use that with olive oil.

Thanks for the advice! My counselor said any of the low calorie spritzer ones would be fine. YAY! Now I can eat my salad without cringing! LoL

faerychic
05-07-2012, 01:30 PM

I do think Zevia soda is okay to have - I remember seeing a can at my food instruction class. But if it makes you want to cheat it's not worth drinking it. If I feel like having something other than water I just squeeze a wedge of lemon in water and add a packed of stevia for a quick glass of lemonade :)

patzi
05-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Nashua Nutrition has the proti diet drinks on sale.. I use these to replace the liquid gel HNS from center. They are identical .

Patzi

melissab617
05-07-2012, 01:52 PM
Nashua Nutrition has the proti diet drinks on sale.. I use these to replace the liquid gel HNS from center. They are identical .

Patzi

Do you know if they ever go on sale under $10 per pack? I can get them $10 per pack at MRC if I buy 10 packs at a time...?

JenB72
05-07-2012, 02:19 PM
WI at lunch and up 0.5 pounds. However, it's TTOM so no shock and no biggie. Should be gone by Thursday's WI.

Got my maintenance menu and signed my maintenance contract which is basically, I must not go over 6 pounds above my goal weight or back to the green menu I go. Believe me, if I even get to my goal weight again, I'll put myself back on the green menu. No worries there!

Hope everyone has a great week!!!

Galadreal
05-07-2012, 02:25 PM
faerychic - instead of stressing out and buying food you will just throw away...take that money and buy your daughter a tazer. They are easy to use, non-lethal (in most cases), and you don't have to have a permit to carry one. I think that every woman out there should have some way to defend herself. When I moved out of my parents house, they gave me a machete and a baseball bat...which I still carry in my car.

Mentally ill or not, it is no excuse for stalking and harrassing your daughter, and I hope she does press charges. Maybe some time locked up will give him a chance to get some counceling and get on whatever kind of medication he needs to take. Good luck and try to stay calm, just remember, the better health you are in, the longer you will be around to help your daughter out and be there for her when she needs it.

zugeily1981
05-07-2012, 05:30 PM
Hello all, wondering if anyone has any ideas on substitutes/alternatives for the crémes? I noticed that most of the recipes on the recipe menu call for different flavor ones. I recently purchased the 100% Any Whey Protein Powder and it's amazing! exactly the same as the clear HNS, with only slight difference being the potassium I believe. Any who, program getting expensive and apparently I'm ketosis "sensative" and none of those darn pee sticks I've taken have turned for me, which in turn is major disappointment and leaves me wanting to just give up. I've lost about 8lbs in about 3+ weeks >:O( I could off lost the same perhaps more had I gotten on regular diet and working out in lieu of spending crazy amount of sign up not to mention supplements which I ended up allowing myself to getting talked on so many different ones that I now can't afford. Any who, any ideas will be greatly appreciated

Rowdy
05-07-2012, 11:35 PM
Jen, Patzi, Rachel, Camasa, faery.....Thank you all, how crazy for me to have something in the house that triggers cravings and the urge to cheat. I have just always had some form of soda in the house. No longer! Literally out the door it is going, sending with husband to take to work.

This diet really lets you learn how your body reacts to different types of food and drink. When I was just eating all the time it would have been impossible for me to recognize what my triggers were, I was in a constant state of being triggered!!!

Time to refocus. I too have been off track the last day or two, not too bad but stopped writing food journal since I made 20 pounds. I hadn't gained but if I keep this up I will so Zevia out and journaling back in! Following program again to a T to commence in the morning!

bigdog
05-08-2012, 09:07 AM
crazy weekend but weighed in this am and now back to my fighting weight of 164. woo hoo!! usually when i've overindulged on the weekend, i'll wait to weigh in on Wed. to give me a chance to get it off. i remember Camaswa saying she'd weigh in right away to get herself back on track. Well, i weighed in yesterday midday (at home) and that was after drinking a couple bottles of water and eating breakfast... i think i wanted to shock myself back to reality very quickly!! i drank so much water yesterday, i ran back and forth to the bathroom all day!!! was thinking i needed to borrow my MIL's Depends!! but it worked. and the good thing is even when i thought i was going "overboard" i really wasn't. i'm very conscious about what i'm eating at all times! even i get up in the middle of the night hungry, i'll eat a small piece of cheese and not grab cookies, crackers like i used to.

my favorite addition to the new menu is the fruit - that's what i missed the most with the old menu! i have my fresh pink grapefruit (with splenda and cinnamon) in the am w/ my eggs. i love mixing my frozen strawberries or blueberries w/ the vanilla bean torte or chocolate truffle syntrax powder and water. will sometimes put in a scoop of plain greek yogurt. could not live without my single blender! will have to try to freeze it like i saw on this board so it's like ice cream...will have to look for those plastic containers that you can make ice cream pops with. protein ice cream pops! boy if they sold those, they would be a sell out! i have a hard time getting greek yogurt sometimes - Publix is always running low on the large containers...

with water, it's so much easier for me to drink it out of the bottles..i am refilling them more but for some reason, it's just easier than drinking out of a glass. plus my dogs love to drink my water if i leave it on the coffee table LOL and they leave my bottles alone..most of the time! .they have been known though to knock over the bottles and drink it. silly children.
have a great week everyone~! this plan works and just take it day by day - i think my DH is amazed that i'm still doing it and losing weight! he made pork bbq and bbq chicken last night and he asked if we had any hamburger buns. i told him i'd been feeding them to the dogs but there may be some in the pantry ;-) i shredded some lettuce and cukes, added some sweet and sour pepper rings and had a little bit of the lean bbq (he made it w/ vinegar sauce) and bbq chicken (homemade sauce - garlic, cayenne, vinegar, pepper, crushed tomatoes) on top. yum!

COchick
05-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the suggestions about fiber, guys. I drank a few over the weekend, I am able to go #2 again...but I still have these terrible pains in my stomach. They're almost like PMS cramps, but even worse, and I sometimes feel like vomiting. I'm not sure anymore if they have anything to do with eating OP, but I sure have a hard time eating everything I'm supposed to when I feel this way. And I'm not getting enough water in either. I think I must just be sick. :(

BigDog, I also have to drink from bottles, but my secret is to drink with a straw. If I just have to sip, I never get enough water down.

Faerychic, I agree about the taser suggestion. When I was single and worked late hours I kept one in my car. Thankfully I never had to use it, but it was a nice security to have.

Tamikl
05-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Bigdog...it sure sounds like you have a handle on things. You let loose a bit, and know exactly how to get back on track again! That is how we remain successful!! Great job:carrot:

I think that is the greatest tool one can get from this program. The knowledge of how to keep the weight off..and if we have a gain, how to get it right back off! I personally had never had those tools before and wasn't quite sure how to get a handle on my weight as it continued to rise. I feel so much more confident now!

You all are doing fantastic...and even when there are setbacks, you get right back on...that is what it is all about. Keep up the great work!:cp:

Galadreal
05-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Cochick, this might sound random, but do you still have your appendix? If it is hurting that much, you should probably go see a doctor. It might have nothing to do with being on program. Or it could be a kidney or liver problem. They run kind of high on people eating very high protien diets. I am not saying you should stop eating OP, but definatly go talk to someone who can check you out. Your body may be revolting against you for dieting.

On a personal note, lost another pound at weigh in yesterday, and told them I was not going to be able to afford their drinks. So they want to put me on a different program. They said something about switching me to the maintence menu until I can afford the drinks again. I may try that, or I may just stick with eating off my beige menu and drinking my Syntrax. We will see.

OSUBeavergal
05-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Congrats on the losses ladies! I weighed in yesterday, and was sure I was going to be up or lose nothing but was down another pound! Very surprising, I had a planned cheat on Saturday for my best friends Batchelorette party that I've been planning for weeks. It was a blast, and I did my best to stay on program (apart from the champagne cocktails). I crawled right back on to program on Sunday like I had discussed with my counselor, and was pleasantly surprised at weigh in.

I'm still not registering that I'm kitosis according to the pee strips, but I'm hoping to get there soon!

melissab617
05-08-2012, 02:07 PM
You ladies are such an inspiration and make me want to keep chugging along! So glad I found this board!

I had my first official weigh-in today on the yellow menu. Between Friday (pre-conditioning) and today, I have lost 5 lbs!!!! I was SHOCKED! I definitely feel better. Though, I have to say the salad is a bit overwhelming. I am excited to get to my blue menu where it cuts salad down a bit. I like veggies, but too much salad makes me sad...lol

I am excited to continue and see what next week brings!

JenB72
05-08-2012, 04:50 PM
You ladies are such an inspiration and make me want to keep chugging along! So glad I found this board!

I had my first official weigh-in today on the yellow menu. Between Friday (pre-conditioning) and today, I have lost 5 lbs!!!! I was SHOCKED! I definitely feel better. Though, I have to say the salad is a bit overwhelming. I am excited to get to my blue menu where it cuts salad down a bit. I like veggies, but too much salad makes me sad...lol

I am excited to continue and see what next week brings!

Congrats!!! Don't forget to update your weight in your profile. That was one of my fav parts of WI...making that number go down. :)

Galadreal
05-08-2012, 05:14 PM
going off program tonight and going home to make some homemade chicken soup. If I don't get rid of this cold soon I am gonna scream. Chicken and rice here I come...and I am bringing along alot of garlic. MWA HA HA HA. Ow, I think my brain broke.

patzi
05-08-2012, 07:10 PM
I had maintenance weigh in today and lost 1 1/2 pounds making me 6 1/2 pounds under goal. I am happy about this, as next week I will be out of town, and this gives me room if I gain. I tried to lose this weight by going back on the green menu, as I had gained two pounds a few weeks ago, and took that off, so this just gives me a buffer.. I usually don't over indulge when I am away, but depends on how food is prepared, salt, and best choices one can make.. I is my granddaughter's graduation.

melissab617 Congrats on weigh loss. That is an exellent loss. I have never seen the drinks much under $10.00.. I buy them separately now, as I only take one HNS during day and a creamy at night sometimes.

I went thru all my weight loss without ever checking to see if I was in ketosis. I think that is optional, but not sure. As a matter of fact, knew nothing about it until I heard it here from y'all.

Cochick.. I am a nurse, and I would say if pain is still there, I would see a doctor.. Could be some sort of viral bug, or anything really.. Hope you are better soon. Giood sign being able to free up bowels.

BigDog.. if you find those ice cream pops, please let me know, as I love my frozen yogurt with whatever I decide to add to it.

Jen... Congrats on signing for maintenance.. I am so proud of you. You sure worked this program and look at you now..

For all those that lost weight congrats, and for those struggling, you will be fine, just stay focused and stay OP . It is all worth it.

Patzi

patzi
05-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Does anyone own Emeril Lagasse's pie and cake maker.. I don't want it for the pies of cakes, but I am always making egg muffin quiches or turkey meatloaf muffins and wanted to buy it for this, as it is so bloody hot in the South , that I hate to turn oven on for this baking. My friend ordered it as she saw it on some home shopping network..

Patzi

kmcnair12
05-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Patzi, I am a nurse, too! :)

Weighed in today. Lost 1.5 lbs since Friday. Woohoo! That breaks my regular 1/2lb loss I usually have on Tuesdays. And makes 16 lbs total since I started MRC (31 since I had my baby in February). Puts me 7 lbs under my pre-preg weight.

I also learned something last week from one of the consultants that i didn't know before but makes total sense. i usually have an egg and chz on corn tortilla for breakfast. apparently not a lot of protein in that. :) shoulda known that. she suggested i make turkey sausage and have that for breakfast to up my protein for my breakfast meal to see if that would help my weight loss go a little faster. she showed me the back of the cookbook where it has protein, carbs, fats, etc for a bunch of different food items. she suggested i pick the items that have the most protein in them. again, makes sense. so....i made the turkey sausage and had it twice between friday and tuesday and lost 1.5 lbs today.

just thought i'd share in case anyone else needs to be knocked over the head like i do.

camaswa
05-08-2012, 11:51 PM
Kmcnair, when I have one egg I add extra whites for the protein and hardly any calories. I get the kind in a carton. Reminds me that I once saw a diet called the Big Breakfast Diet- in a dAy the total calories were low but you ate a huge amount of protein in the am. I didn't stick with it but I remember feeling GREAT in the morning. I never could stand just cereal or a bagel after that. Bring on the protein!

JenB72
05-09-2012, 08:21 AM
Patzi - Thanks!!!

kmcnair12 - Congrats on the great loss! I used to always have 2 oz. of cheese for breakfast (don't like eggs) and got the same talk a while back. Another option I was told by my counselor, in addition to the turkey sausage, is that Boar's Head Chicken & Turkey is OP. You have to be careful with deli meats though because of the sodium content. Boar's Head does have a Low Sodium Chicken Breast which I love and also a no salt Turkey Breast (rather dry). But I'll get a 40 cal corn tortilla shell and put 4 oz. of the LS Chicken on it and eat it like a chicken taco. Lots of protein and I love it! :)

kmcnair12
05-09-2012, 08:51 AM
JenB72 that chicken taco does sound yummy! Thanks for the suggestion! I've never heard of boar's head....can I get that at most grocery stores (like kroger or walmart)?

Camaswa, I agree, I don't think I'll go back to a bagel or cereal or even my beloved toaster strudels anymore. I love that I'm not dragging anymore. Adding extra egg whites for the protein is a good idea....except i'm not crazy about egg whites. I gotta eat the yolk with it or I can't stand it. Lol.

JenB72
05-09-2012, 08:59 AM
JenB72 that chicken taco does sound yummy! Thanks for the suggestion! I've never heard of boar's head....can I get that at most grocery stores (like kroger or walmart)?

I'm not sure. Here's a link to their website so you know what the brand looks like and you can keep an eye out for it.

Boar's Head (http://www.boarshead.com/index.php)

COchick
05-09-2012, 10:58 AM
Galadreal and Patzi, thanks for the advice. The pain is mostly gone now, and I'm not having any bathroom trouble, so I think I'm okay. If it comes back, though, I'm heading out to the doc.

Galadreal
05-09-2012, 11:13 AM
glad you are feeling better COchick!

patzi
05-09-2012, 11:32 AM
kmcnair12.. Congrats to the weight loss.. I always make those egg quiches muffinsand turkey sausage and freeze them.. I have the quiche recipes and other egg recipes in the recipe forum.. I will have two of the egg muffins and one of the turkey sausage, or vice verse.. That is what I did most of the challenge. When I had an egg beater omelet would add a turkey sausage. That worked for me. My weight coming off was very little at times, .2, .5, and if I lost one pound I thought I died and went to heaven.. Happy you had a great weight loss. By the way I am an Operating Room Nurse, getting ready to retire, I think, not sure..

Patzi

rachels77
05-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Melissa - Congratulations on the 5 lb loss! Go, you! About the salad, I can't eat a whole lot of just lettuce, but if I add in broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers (for added weight) it seems to help... just a thought.

Galadreal - I hope you feel better. Being sick stinks...

TOM right now, so I was up 2 lbs yesterday. No biggie. I know my body knows what to do and it will be gone by Saturday. Focusing the rest of this week on staying on plan and moving onward!

sots mom
05-09-2012, 11:59 AM
Today I WI again. Hope to see a good loss, as I have been on plan 99.9% of the time. I did have a few saltine crackers last night to satisfy my salt craving. Other than that I have been SOOO good. I'm hoping to get to sign the 20 lb board. (FINGERS CROSSED!!!!)

JenB72 - the chicken taco sounds great. I will be trying that soon. But...my Wal-Mart does not carry Boars Head so I am on the search for somewhere close by that does. :(

JenB72
05-09-2012, 01:15 PM
JenB72 - the chicken taco sounds great. I will be trying that soon. But...my Wal-Mart does not carry Boars Head so I am on the search for somewhere close by that does. :(

Boar's Head is the only deli meat they said that was acceptable, but to get the low sodium/no salt kinds of chicken & turkey. Regular deli meat has incredibly high sodium content, so you have to be careful with the kind you get.

OSUBeavergal
05-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Weighed in today, and I'm down another half a pound! That makes 5.5 total, I feel silly because it feels like it's a slow loss but I know that 2+ pounds a week is something to be proud of. I was down almost 6 inches though!

patzi
05-09-2012, 07:58 PM
Weighed in today, and I'm down another half a pound! That makes 5.5 total, I feel silly because it feels like it's a slow loss but I know that 2+ pounds a week is something to be proud of. I was down almost 6 inches though!

Do not feel silly.. That is a good weight loss. Be proud of yourself. I was a slow loser, and I am on maintenance now.. Wishing you the best on your challenge, and good inch loss, also.

Patzi

fatburningmama
05-09-2012, 09:16 PM
there are other deli meats -- you just have to check for the low sodium varities and all natural type products. Many other manufacturers make these products other than Boar's Head.

COchick
05-10-2012, 08:59 AM
.5 loss this morning on the scale. My stomach pains are completely gone now. WHEW.

This week (starting yesterday) I'm doing Metaquick, and I'll let everyone know how it goes. I know there are a lot of different opinions on its effectiveness around here, so at least I'll get to contribute my 2 cents.

kmcnair12
05-10-2012, 10:37 AM
My husband dropped 3 lbs this morning...and he's not even doing MRC! :tantrum: That's about 10 lbs he's lost since I started this at the end of March. And he's really not heavy to begin with (wears size 34 pants). GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! How come it's so easy for men? I've been sitting at the same weight all week and he loses 3 lbs overnight. I don't go in for weigh in until tomorrow morning, so that gives me one more day to lose a little bit. I keep saying over and over (in my head) "I WILL LOSE WEIGHT, I WILL LOSE WEIGHT!" The positivity thing works, right? Do me a favor and just say yes.

JenB72
05-10-2012, 01:41 PM
WI at lunch and down to 137, my lowest yet (3 pounds under goal). Keep at it, ladies!!! Maintenance makes it ALL worth it!!!

patzi
05-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Jen...
Congrats to the weight loss and being that far under goal. That is fantastic.
Patzi

lovetofishandrun
05-10-2012, 02:27 PM
WI - didn't gain, didn't lose. Ready to move to next phase. Heading up to Fayetteville tomorrow to watch Diamond Hogs play a couple games - love college baseball. BTW - Galadreal - any suggestions on places to eat other than Hugo's, Bordino's, Hermann's... Hope all have a great rest of the day

camaswa
05-10-2012, 02:29 PM
My husband dropped 3 lbs this morning...and he's not even doing MRC! :tantrum: That's about 10 lbs he's lost since I started this at the end of March. And he's really not heavy to begin with (wears size 34 pants). GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! How come it's so easy for men? I've been sitting at the same weight all week and he loses 3 lbs overnight. I don't go in for weigh in until tomorrow morning, so that gives me one more day to lose a little bit. I keep saying over and over (in my head) "I WILL LOSE WEIGHT, I WILL LOSE WEIGHT!" The positivity thing works, right? Do me a favor and just say yes.
Ok, girl. First of all, this is about you and no one else, not even your husband. Don't compare your weight loss to another soul, especially a man. Men always lose faster than women, always.

Second, you are in this for the long haul and some times it's going to be slow going. Everyone here can testify to that. But it looks to me like you have lost a fantastic 15 pounds already. I think you are doing great. Celebrate that!!

camaswa
05-10-2012, 02:34 PM
.5 loss this morning on the scale. My stomach pains are completely gone now. WHEW.

This week (starting yesterday) I'm doing Metaquick, and I'll let everyone know how it goes. I know there are a lot of different opinions on its effectiveness around here, so at least I'll get to contribute my 2 cents.
CO, I will be interested to hear how you do. Are you doing it for an entire week? I cant do it more than 2 days. My digestive system doesn't seem to like that stuff. But I feel like it is a good mental exercise just to limit the options, even for a day. Good luck!

mkroyer
05-10-2012, 04:19 PM
You guys,
i havent lost a Single. Pound. not one. In fact, have gaine .5 lbs.

BUT i AM down 5.5 % body fat on Tanita. SOooo.... im just waiting for my whoosh. I know something is going on... something good, thats not reflecting on the scale, but FRICK! its been 3-4 weeks since i joined, and NOT. A. SINGLE. POUND. from my initial weight.

patzi
05-10-2012, 05:23 PM
You guys,
i havent lost a Single. Pound. not one. In fact, have gaine .5 lbs.

BUT i AM down 5.5 % body fat on Tanita. SOooo.... im just waiting for my whoosh. I know something is going on... something good, thats not reflecting on the scale, but FRICK! its been 3-4 weeks since i joined, and NOT. A. SINGLE. POUND. from my initial weight.

Hi...
If you have been OP all during the time, then go in to your consultant and tell her you want a push of some sort to make you start losing the weight. If you have not been OP, then start again and stay focused and it will come off.. I would still talk to my consultant and find out what the problem is. Bring in to her your journal and I am sure that something can upstart your weight loss. That is what I did when I stalled. Good body fat loss, so that is a great thing. Hang in there, if you work the program it will work, and if you
need help that is what you pay the center for.. You will be suprised what they can pick up on the journal, and then change your diet menu around a but. Good luck.. Hang in there, it is well worth it.

Patzi

Galadreal
05-10-2012, 05:23 PM
WI - didn't gain, didn't lose. Ready to move to next phase. Heading up to Fayetteville tomorrow to watch Diamond Hogs play a couple games - love college baseball. BTW - Galadreal - any suggestions on places to eat other than Hugo's, Bordino's, Hermann's... Hope all have a great rest of the day

Well, I know Logan's Roadhouse makes a good veggie skewer and they have some very tasty steaks. I am not really sure where else to eat that is on program locally, becuase the most we have eaten out since we started was grabbing some grilled chicken salad at Mcdonalds. You could check out Urban Spoon, they might have some ideas. But my first choice would be logans. Just ignore the peanuts and fresh rolls.

patzi
05-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Cochick.. I am most interested to see how you do. How long are you doing it for?

Patzi

COchick
05-10-2012, 05:58 PM
I'm going to try and do the Metaquick for the full 7 days...but I'm not sure I'll last that long. It's a little tough to only have liquids during the day...it's like I MISS chewing, know what I mean? :)

Rowdy
05-10-2012, 08:17 PM
Well....I gained 1.5 lbs. I know exactly why. WAY off program Asked them if they wanted the 20 lb bracelet back since now I was only 19lbs ......of course not, but its time to refocus....AGAIN.

On a positive note, I went to my internist for 6 m checkup today and was down 22 lbs from last visit in his office. He thinks I may have warded off type 2 diabetes with my loss and was very happy. Had blood work done and will report if I will not have to go on oral diabetes medication due to this loss.

My health depends on me sticking to this, it's not just for appearance but for arthritis, hypertension and the above mentioned Type 2 diabetes.

I told my awesome counselor I was just tired of being on this the past week. She came back with " You need to be tired of being overweight instead"

JenB72
05-11-2012, 08:40 AM
kmcnair12 - I agree with camaswa. Do NOT compare yourself to a man. You will drive yourself crazy if you do. I do understand where you are coming from though. My DH is a tall string bean. ;) When I started this journey, here I was, post-pregnancy over 200 pounds and he casually mentioned that with all the stress at work he was around 157. I wanted to die. When I started MRC, I was angry at the world because he could eat whatever he wanted and I got "rabbit food." But, as the pounds came off, it didn't really matter anymore, because I was feeling so good. Once I changed my attitutde about DH's weight and that it was what it was and decided to focus on mine instead, things became easier. Losing weight is hard (and stressful) enough without worrying about what someone else's weight was. With ALL that said (LOL), you may want to ask your DH that while you are going through this, not to mention his weight or how much he's lost. Tell him it stresses you because women don't lose weight like men and that while you are happy for him (right?), it's making it harder on you. :hug:

COchick - When I did Meta-Quick, I'd usually do it for the full week because my weight wouldn't come off until the last 2-3 days. That's just me though. Honestly, I loved doing it because I didn't have to stress about making sure I had what I needed for breakfast or lunch. Also, I'd always mix a clear HNS in a vanilla shake to give it some flavor. Couldn't stand them otherwise. Also, remember, if you miss chewing, you can sub one of those shakes for a bar each day. It's not as much protein, but it could satisfy that craving.

mkroyer - Yikes! I remember you said when you did MRC before it was difficult for you to lose the weight. How are the clothes fitting? Also, are you training for anything right now? That's great about the body fat, % going down. Did they check your inches? Please don't lose hope. :hug:

Rowdy - Your counselor sounds great! And I'm so happy for you about your doctor's appointment. Set mini-goals for yourself to make this journey more manageable. Otherwise, you'll have more moments of being sick of being OP than not.

I got this great quote in an employee wellness e-mail today that I thought I'd share. Just substitue "woman" for "man." ;)

"A man who wants something will find a way, a man who doesn’t will find an excuse.” – Stephan Dolley, Jr.
Determine your motivation and find a way to accomplish your goal. Have a Healthy Day!

kmcnair12
05-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Thanks for camaswa and jen for kicking me in the pants and knocking some sense into me. this journey is about me and only me, and i do know that. i am absolutely happy that he is losing weight, too, but it is frustrating to hear that he's lost so much without the kind of effort i have put into this. i am in this for the long haul and happy about the changes i've made in my eating habits and i do feel so much better. no more comparing my weight to his. having said that, i went for WI today and didn't lose anything from tuesday's WI....although she cheated a little bit so i could see it go down half a pound so the tiny difference would give me hope. but in reality i didn't lose anything. didn't gain anything either. will continue to stick to the plan like i have from the beginning. 16 lbs in 41 days. i know it works. yep, yep!

quick question.....i'm a BIG clutz and fell HARD playing tennis on tuesday and scraped my knee and elbow pretty bad. wondering if the very minor swelling in my knee and elbow could have effected my weight loss. anybody experience that?

kmcnair12
05-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Rowdy, I love that: "You need to be tired of being overweight instead." That's great, and I will definitely be keeping that one handy for days of frustration.

COchick
05-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Today is day 3 of metaquick...and this morning the scale was down...1.8 pounds! I couldn't believe it when I saw it, because I honestly don't feel any thinner.

So either this is a complete fluke, or it really is working for me.

faerychic
05-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Anyone experience aching legs? Not cramps. My legs ache at night so much so that I need to take Advil. I brought it up to one of the counselors and she suggested their minerals (or course!). she said runners take them for cramps, but since mine are not leg cramps I did not buy. I kind of think if may be due to not enough salt in my diet or potassium maybe? Any thoughts?

JenB72
05-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Today is day 3 of metaquick...and this morning the scale was down...1.8 pounds! I couldn't believe it when I saw it, because I honestly don't feel any thinner.

So either this is a complete fluke, or it really is working for me.

At my higher weights, I would lose about 5 pounds +/- 2 pounds in a week of Meta-Quick, so it's totally possible.

kmcnair12
05-11-2012, 12:48 PM
faerychic, a lack of calcium in your diet can be the cause of your achy legs. we don't get milk on this diet so if you are used to drinking a lot of it before program that could be why. you can try a calcium vitamin to see if that helps. but, you are right, deficiency in potassium could be causing it, too.

patzi
05-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Had maintenance weigh in today and stayed the same.. 6 1/2 pounds under goal...

Patzi

camaswa
05-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Signed the 30 pound board! Certainly not setting any records, but I am getting there. Eight pounds since early April when I decided not to give up and refocused myself. Now I think it is time to set a new goal and will be discussing that with the counselor after seeing where my bodyfat is next week.

And about those leg pains, I am really having them, too. But I would definitely describe mine as cramps. I wake up and have to jump out of bed and stretch or
put weight on my foot. Its pretty bad and I am worried. I googled it and saw the suggestion of calcium BEFORE BED. I am going to start taking it and eating a small amoun tof yogurt at night.

rachels77
05-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Hello, all! Congratulations to the losers!

MKroyer - don't be discouraged. Your body fat loss is amazing... wish I could do that! I lost about 2 % in a month, but that's about it. One thing they told me was to transition my thinking from pounds lost to body fat lost and muscle gained. I was told that, the lower my body fat percentage, the better my body could adjust when I went off-program... just a thought.

KMC - I hear you on the men's weight loss. Once, (like Jen), my husband said that he couldn't believe his own personal weight was over 200 lbs... I was sitting at 242 at the time and it really hurt my feelings. I later told him (after I lost the weight) about how his comment had hurt and he said that he'd never considered it would hurt my feelings - that he was just hard on his own perception of his body... now I understand, but I felt so desperate and ugly when he had said that.

Well, road trip for me this weekend with my girls and my SIL to see a concert. Got my supplements, got my drinks, and fat/carb blocker. Feeling alright and going to allow myself a small off-plan something... we'll see how it goes! Looking forward to the time off and everything...

ynapier
05-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Camaswa - congrats on signing the 30 pound board. That is great. I remember how great signing each one of those board was.

MKroyer - that is a great body fat loss. I would like to have a drop like that. Amazing!

Rachels77 - have a great weekend with your family. Sounds like fun and you have it planned out which will make it easier for you.

I have stayed the same since I started stabilization which is the point. But I would REALLY like to drop that half pound and sign the 70 pound board. If I don't lose it before I get to maintenance I will go back to the green menu after maintenance to get it off. I don't want to mess with the stabilization process. Fingers crossed that my plan works. I know the green menu works so I should have success.

mkroyer
05-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Well, i FINALLY had my whoosh i was waiting for!! been pretty much 100% on plan ALL WEEK (WAHOO!) so im on a roll now... feel like i have some moentum going... pants are looser,a ll that.. :) Stepped on the scale this morning and down to 150.0 EXACTLY... pretty much 3.5 pounds overnight! im going to go weigh-in first thing in the am when they open tomorrow, so hopefully not having a belly full of food and water will reflect my "whoosh"! But darn, it wa a long time coming!
Youre supposed to lose the most in the beginning, ad i didnt lose a single pound for 3 weeks! SO, i think its catching up... :) im going to Vegas over memorial day and the following week, and im REALLY HOPING to be firmly entrenched in the 140s by then so i can wear a bathing suit with confidence! Staying with friends/relatives, so im not worried about staying OP. After all, they have grocery stores in vegas, and my kitchen scale will fit into my luggage, lol. I have NO PROBLEM cooking for myself and weighing my food in front of everyone else while they eat pizza, or BBQ or whatever....... doesnt bother me in the least, never has... although im sure i will go out to eat a couple times, but will just order a salad and grilled chicken, sneak my wishbone dressing in my purse, etc....
I even went to see the Avengers with my daughter this week. I just brought a REALLY BIG purse with my ginormous salad and grilled chicken and ate that while she munched on candy and nachos...... my only rule? i FORBIDE popcorn!!! Didnt know if i had the will power to resist a bucket of it next to me..... and i wasnt TOO worried id dive into the strangers bucket next to me!

KMNcnair-- i doubt minor scraps/site swelling will affect your "weight loss" and even if it DOESN reflect alittle onthe scale (which i doubt) then fatloss is still occurring, regardless, KWIM?
Congrats to all who lost weight this week! :)

zugeily1981
05-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Congrats to all the losers...well, you guys get what I mean :O)
Any who, has anyone had any problems with those darn "pee sticks"? For the life of me NOT ONE has ever turned for me and going on week 6 now. I've lost about apprx. 10lbs, but feel very discouraged every time I don't see any color change on stick and also since I was due to be losing 3lbs per week and clearly not happening :O( Has anyone else experienced same?

Galadreal
05-11-2012, 07:22 PM
I talked to my center about the cost of HNSs, and they put me on a 1500 maintenance plan. They said once my body gets used to it, they will drop me to the 1200, but they did not want to shock my system. Honestly it is nice not to have to eat so much every day. And after dinner tonight, I can have 1 cup of popcorn. YAY. looks like a good start to the weekend.

Fluffy in Florida
05-11-2012, 11:04 PM
I lost 1/2 lb this week and with all the stress the past two weeks with mo end in sight, I'm happy with any loss. Tonight my husband took me clothes shopping and to my surprise I was not only down a size but two. That puts me down 5 dress sizes and I actually bought a cute little summer dress from the regular sizes not the women's. I have never liked clothes shopping but I was as giddie as a school girl taking clothes in the dressing room.
I may be here a lot in the coming months needing support to stay focused. My father was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and I found it so easy today to eat off program and I need to stay focused.

Congrats to all the losers this week!

Galadreal
05-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Oh Fluffy, HUGS! We are here for you.

And congratulations on the new sizes, always a nice thing.

bigdog
05-12-2012, 09:47 AM
way to go Fluffy! that is my biggest motivation, to be able to wear the clothes i want to and not "outgrow" them again! thank Goodness, i didn't give them away because at one point i was like, i'm never going to lose this weight but finally found the right plan for me! thank you MRC!
if you guys get a chance, read Jennifer Hudson's book, I GOT THIS (How I changed my ways and Lost What Weighed Me Down) i checked it out of the library - i read so much and even though i have a NOOK and Ipad, i'm at the library every week checking out new fiction or non fiction...
the book starts out w/ her rise to stardom, American Idol experience, Dream Girls role, etc. but the best part of the book is in the last few chapters.
We've talked on this forum about things or people that keep us from reaching our goal and some of us even sabatage ourselves because maybe we don't feel like we deserve to be thinner, healthier and happier..
From the book
What about loving yourself enough to give it everything you've got and make the commitment to get rid of the things that have been weighing you down? "Will you finally give yourself permission to break free from the chains that have bound you or will you stay exactly where you are, thinking it's fine? Look, if you don't like the mirror, don't break the mirror. If you're tired of being on that diet roller coaster and are finally ready to get off that ride forever, you have the power, the choice, and now the tools to make that happen. Life isn't about what cards you are dealt--it's about how you play that hand. ....you are making a lifelong commitment to health. It won't happen overnight, but if you stick with it, I promise, it will come to pass.

bigdog
05-12-2012, 10:03 AM
Signed the 30 pound board! Certainly not setting any records, but I am getting there. Eight pounds since early April when I decided not to give up and refocused myself. Now I think it is time to set a new goal and will be discussing that with the counselor after seeing where my bodyfat is next week.

And about those leg pains, I am really having them, too. But I would definitely describe mine as cramps. I wake up and have to jump out of bed and stretch or
put weight on my foot. Its pretty bad and I am worried. I googled it and saw the suggestion of calcium BEFORE BED. I am going to start taking it and eating a small amoun tof yogurt at night.

Congratulations of signing the 30 pound board!!! woo hoo! you are doing fantastic and keeping the weight off and that's the most important part! two of my friends who joined before me and told me about this program have gone off the plan and regained - one of them was doing those drops we aren't supposed to talk about and she's heavier now than when she started. both of these gals did all the supplements too but kept drinking and eating what they wanted! thinking the pills were going to take care of all that. i'm so glad that i stuck to my guns about not taking the pills and just working the plan :-) i used to get cramps all the time in my legs and stretching really works and i've heard to step up the potassium...i take Calcium every day and i'm thinking even though im not drinking milk, cheese and my greek yogurt have calcium... our Chocolate truffle powder has 50 mg potassium and whey protein isolate (milk)...

faerychic
05-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Signed the 25 pounds lost board today, got measurements and body comp done too. So when I started this weight loss journey I told MRC my goal was to weigh 160. That puts me in a size 10 and is a comfortable weight for me. According to the body comp today they now want me to get to 150 pounds. I am not motivated to do this. I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel now with 7.5 more pounds to lose. Once I get to 160 if my BMI is not 24% then I may consider losing more. Crazy to think with these measurements I am still considered obese according to the charts! I am 51 years old, 5'8", and have a large build - size 11 shoes! I actually feel really good now at 167.5!

Measurements today were:
BMI = 25.5 (goal is 24 or less)
Fat percentage = 37% (goal is 30% YIKES!)
Waist = 32.5 in (happy I am below 35!)
Muscle = 28.5 (lost .5, counselor said be sure to have 4 HNS's daily and consider light weight lifting to get muscle mass back up)
Total inches lost = 38.5

I would be interested to find out what others measurements and goals are besides with number on the scale.

Wishing all the mom's a happy mother's day tomorrow and hope everyone has a great weekend!

patzi
05-12-2012, 02:14 PM
camasma...
Congrats on signing the 30 pound board.. That is a great. You do not have to set records, you are getting there at your own p ace and that is just fine.

Bigdog.. I have friends that have gained big time. They took all the supplements but ate what they wanted and constantly cheated and that will not do it, it just won't. What they did was make MRC their own diet , their own way . One of those people I am talking about started again from the beginning and this time is going to stay OP and focus and is doing well. She has lost 35 pounds since she is working the program. Other two blame the diet and everything else they can on why they cheat, so have left the program. MRC diet works and they have you follow the diet for a reason, and it is not to be altered to one's own liking. Lot of money spent to just give up, isn't it? I tried everything in my power to help the two that failed, but to no avail, so gave up.

I have that problem in legs, also, and up my potassium and make sure my calcium is at a good ratio with magnesium. It has actually woken me up at night..

Fluffy.. Imagine down 5 dress sizes.. My goodness, this is so exciting.. Come to the board all you need. My sister has Cancer and my daughter is ill, so it is so difficult in the stress situation. I truly understand where you are at.. I will pray for your dad. We are here at any time for you. Enjoy your cute dress, you deserve it.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day. Nice day here today in Florida. Nice breeze and just delightful.

Patzi

bigdog
05-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Signed the 25 pounds lost board today, got measurements and body comp done too. So when I started this weight loss journey I told MRC my goal was to weigh 160. That puts me in a size 10 and is a comfortable weight for me. According to the body comp today they now want me to get to 150 pounds. I am not motivated to do this. I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel now with 7.5 more pounds to lose. Once I get to 160 if my BMI is not 24% then I may consider losing more. Crazy to think with these measurements I am still considered obese according to the charts! I am 51 years old, 5'8", and have a large build - size 11 shoes! I actually feel really good now at 167.5!

Measurements today were:
BMI = 25.5 (goal is 24 or less)
Fat percentage = 37% (goal is 30% YIKES!)
Waist = 32.5 in (happy I am below 35!)
Muscle = 28.5 (lost .5, counselor said be sure to have 4 HNS's daily and consider light weight lifting to get muscle mass back up)
Total inches lost = 38.5

I would be interested to find out what others measurements and goals are besides with number on the scale.

Wishing all the mom's a happy mother's day tomorrow and hope everyone has a great weekend!
Faery. Your bmi is 24.3 which is average not obese if your weight is 160. My bmi is 24.9. Which is average. Weight is 164 and height same as yours
Ck out this link. http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/bmicalc.htm
this dang iPad is driving me crazy - i typed in a message and hit a key and deleted the whole thing...not once but twice!! so now going old school and switched to the laptop for some speedy typing :-) when i weighed in at the center and got my body comp done, i asked them for a copy of the print out. i then realized they had my height wrong at 5'7" and my goal weight at 147!! it has always been 165. i am very close to your age and 165 is a good weight for me and a weight i can maintain. i may lose a little more - but 147 seems to be a bit unrealistic and if you are comfortable with where you are at - then stand your ground and tell them that. i have curves and nothing is going to change that - that's my body and i actually like it! my DH did a double take last night when we went out because for once i had a short fitted jacket on that didn't cover my bootie and some form fitting capris on w/ some very cool platform sandals :-) i love shoes by the way! Yes, i was all that and more!!!!! haha this past week, two people and even my boss was like wow! you are so skinny...i was like, Who me? Really? but i've noticed some of my "jealous" friends looking me up and down and are like...hmph... oh, well i want to say, keep eating those chips and dip and that bag of m&ms you keep on your desk...oh well....

sots mom
05-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Signed the 20 lb board today, and got a green bracelet!! So excited :D

DH took me to buy new clothes a couple days ago, and was down 2 pant sizes and 1 shirt size. I kept trying on clothes that were too big, I guess by habit. It was nice to be able to fit comfortably into a size I haven't seen in at least a decade. I hope they will be too loose soon. :devil:

Congrats to all the looser's, keep up the good work. Happy mother's day to all moms, grand-moms, etc.

Have a GREAT on plan weekend all!!

camaswa
05-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Faerychic, this is exactly what I am wrestling with. At 39%, my bodyfat is too high, even though my scale weight isnt bad, and my BMI is within normal now. As I understand it, the ratio of lean to fat is important to track because muscle is what keeps our metabolism stoked to burn fat. That's why men lose so much faster: they have more muscle.

When your bodyfat is above 30%, my understanding is that it becomes way more difficult it to keep off what you have worked so hard to lose. Most diets do cause you to lose a lot of muscle along with the fat. That's why she told you to step up the protein and lift weights. Last time I had lost just a few pounds but actually GAINED .5 pounds of muscle, which was why I suddenly seemed a lot smaller than the previous five pounds.

I think this whole concept is incredibly important to understand, but unfortunately it isn't very motivating- we like to see that drop on the scale each week. If you had them do your bodyfat every week, the drop would be so small each time that it wouldn't feel like progress. But in fact, it is the progress that matters most in the end.

I don't think they do a very good job explaining all this. But there are many sources of information. I have liked reading online stuff by Tom Venutto. You might google him.

I'm still not sure what my weight goal should be - maybe about 150 like you. Ugh, that seems like a long ways away. I have really stepped up the weight training in hopes that I can get that bodyfat to go down faster. I train 3 times a week and only do cardio twice now, which is probably the opposite of what most people do. I love how it makes me feel. Its too late to get rid of the batwings, I am afraid, but oh well.

Bottom line, I think your counselor may be right. You could always stabilize AND weight train, maybe that would change the ratio without all the dramatic fixation on lower scale numbers that we get into... Just a thought. At any rate,I'm sure you look fantastic as a size 10 at your height! I am fitting into more 10s all the time and am so happy about that.

bigdog
05-12-2012, 02:58 PM
I lost 1/2 lb this week and with all the stress the past two weeks with mo end in sight, I'm happy with any loss. Tonight my husband took me clothes shopping and to my surprise I was not only down a size but two. That puts me down 5 dress sizes and I actually bought a cute little summer dress from the regular sizes not the women's. I have never liked clothes shopping but I was as giddie as a school girl taking clothes in the dressing room.
I may be here a lot in the coming months needing support to stay focused. My father was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and I found it so easy today to eat off program and I need to stay focused.

Congrats to all the losers this week!
Fluffy, my Father in law was diagnosed w/ Pancreatic cancer jan. 1st this year and we have been through a lot w/ the Doctor's visits, two hospitals, putting my MIL in respite at an Assisted Living facility (she has Alzheimers)- trying to work and take care of them ran my DH and i ragged for sure. we are their only family in town so did it all. thank goodness, found some great support in their friends and ours... He had the Whipple procedure and it was a success and is now doing Chemo to make sure the cancer doesn't spread. some cancer was in the lymph nodes... he has remained very positive throughout all of this and the main reason is because of all the support from the caregivers at the hospital, assisted living, etc. and the family's calls and support... anyway, make sure you check w/ local cancer support groups - for you, your dad and family. they are trained to help you through this. you are not alone! and post as much as you want. alot of us have been through this w/ our families.. Prayers for you and your family!

bigdog
05-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Hey guys. Check this out. Found this website where you can calculate body fat ratio. Let me know if you think it's accurate. You enter your height weight and age. For the height I think 5'8" = 68"
I chose the test on the far right where you enter inches for neck, hips and waist. Calculated 29.17 % body fat for me. Anything over 32% was considered obese.
Didn't Gina mention the way the MRC scales calculate isn't always accurate?
Let me know what you think. Make sure you choose the womens test

http://www.linear-software.com/online.html

faerychic
05-13-2012, 09:50 AM
Hey guys. Check this out. Found this website where you can calculate body fat ratio. Let me know if you think it's accurate. You enter your height weight and age. For the height I think 5'8" = 68"
I chose the test on the far right where you enter inches for neck, hips and waist. Calculated 29.17 % body fat for me. Anything over 32% was considered obese.
Didn't Gina mention the way the MRC scales calculate isn't always accurate?
Let me know what you think. Make sure you choose the womens test

http://www.linear-software.com/online.html

this site calculated my fat percentage at 30.10% which equals 50 pounds!. MRC said it was 37% - that is quite a difference.

I think I will stick to my original weight loss goal of 160. My weight loss weeks end on 6/29 and I will stabilize at whatever weight I am at. I figure I should be at goal by then or at least real close! I started a boot camp class last month and will work with them on getting my body fat percentage where it needs to be. That makes more sense then to try and get to 150 with MRC. I would think if I start adding muscle at 160 I would lose some fat in the process right?

Apparently my knee measurement was up a half inch yesterday, from 15 to 15.5. The counselor was so worried about it and re- measured 3 times. Wanted to know if maybe I have been on a walk before I came in..............it's probably from all the lunges & squats I have been doing! :jig:

camaswa
05-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Bigdog, great calculator. I came out as 32.8. That's a. Lot different than 39% on the Tantia thing. Not sure what to make of it. I would buy that software if they had an iPad app.

Your story was a good one about getting checked out up and down by porky co-workers! We finally hit the 80s here and yesterday I wore a tank top in public. I admit I wasn't entirely comfortable because I do have those batwings but the total look was way better than most 50- plus year old women I see.

This year I am going to enjoy summer clothes! I may even buy a little dress too, Fluffy! I'm seeing cute ones everywhere.

camaswa
05-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Faerychic, I think your plan sounds good, especially with the bootcamp to build muscle. For myself, I'm still torn. 150 seems so far off. And maybe not realistic to maintain. 155, more attainable maybe. As get close to 160 I do fel that for me, that's not quite the place to stop. I think my frame is smaller and I want some wiggle room. Literally!

bigdog
05-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Faery and Camaswa. If you can ask the staff at the gym you go to which fat ratio calculator or machine they use let me know. The gym I used to go to used the calipers to measure... The boot camp sounds really fun! I walk a few miles every am but really want to start weight lifting again. Thinking I need to join the gym again. I have free weights but don't seem to be motivated to use them at home. But in the past I'd join the gym and end up not going....hmmm. How can I motivate myself?
Re the batwings - yep if I wave at someone they are still waving! I never wear sleeveless stuff and really need to tighten up

So glad I didn't give away my too tight or could not fit in stuff! Found two crates of summer clothes and I can fit into everything! Feel like I have a new wardrobe! Now that is real motivation to keep the weight off!

Happy Mothers Day everyone!

JenB72
05-14-2012, 11:06 AM
Wow! So many board signers in the past few days! Congrats!!!

rachels77
05-14-2012, 11:30 AM
Congrats, everyone! On the body fat thing, mine is still quite a bit high at 32 or 34%... I'm trying to work on weight training to see if I can get it down. Not sure I'll weigh the 148 they're predicting for me, but that's okay. I'm okay with myself, sculpting the areas, eating sensibly and feeling good. I'm not perfect on the plan (i.e Sundays are my downfall) but I get back on and keep moving... that's the point, right?

It's a lot easier to lose and continue on the program if I don't stray, but (like with this weekend's concert) I also know that I need to see if the sacrifice is worth derailing me for a few days - most cases it's not... this weekend, it was so now we're on MetaQuick for a few days to see how I feel.

BigDog - is there a way to add weight to your daily activities? Yesterday was my no exercise day but I had eaten off plan so I decided to go for a 3 mile walk. Took my handweights (2 pounders) along to do some curls and lifts while walking - made a difference in my shoulders. Anyway, I wonder if you could just incorporate some light weights into your cardio or other activity if you'd be more motivated to stick with the weights? ... just a thought...

COchick
05-14-2012, 01:29 PM
Today is day 6 of metaquick, and I've hovered right around the same weight all weekend--although to be completely honest, I did have a sushi dinner on Saturday, and all that rice might be holding me back. Been back on plan yesterday and plan to today--so I'll be interested if the scale moves at all tomorrow.

patzi
05-14-2012, 01:55 PM
Today is day 6 of metaquick, and I've hovered right around the same weight all weekend--although to be completely honest, I did have a sushi dinner on Saturday, and all that rice might be holding me back. Been back on plan yesterday and plan to today--so I'll be interested if the scale moves at all tomorrow.

Thanks so much for keeping us advised.. I really appreciate it.

Patzi

bigdog
05-14-2012, 08:03 PM
that's a good idea with the weights but when I'm walking I have a 85 lb GSD on one side and a 100 lb GSD on the other side! I do love my sit coms and could easily lift weights when I'm watching tv :). At least that would be a start! I'm going to track it in my calendar that I keep posted on my bulletin board w work stuff....actually could program in outlook express and my phone would beep at me till I did it!

Rowdy
05-14-2012, 08:28 PM
Want to share the best thing that happened to me on mothers day....I was walking down the hall at home and my 16 yr old said "Mom, I can really tell you are losing weight." I said "Where does it show?" Her answer was "All over" Now that made my day yesterday!

My center had a Biggest Loser Contest a few weeks back. I signed the sheet on the wall to enter and when I went into weigh this morning I was told I won and got 5 boxes of HNS. Now that made my day today!

I have been struggling to stay on program the past 6-7 days. The contest was before my off program streak. Now, after these last two days i am once again on track. How could I not be?

Can't wait until I lose more and feel like exercising more, in the mean time I pitched some 3X tshirts out the door and bought a few 2X to get me by.

I am so happy for all the board signers, weight losers and exercisers.

bigdog
05-14-2012, 09:17 PM
That's fantastic Rowdy!!!!get right back on track. You can do this! How about setting another mini goal? You mentioned you went off program when you won the contest....set another mini goal and keep going! To keep myself motivated I'll set little goals like. Beach vacation coming up, lose 3-5 lbs etc My next goal is lose a few more pounds before family get together end of next month. Keeps me going in the right direction. I've lost and gained so many times this time I'm keeping it off :)

camaswa
05-15-2012, 12:53 AM
Yay Rowdy! That is a wonderful little story about your 16 year old. They don't hand out the compliments often, in my experience! You deserve it!

Rowdy
05-15-2012, 08:31 AM
Bigdog- Your mini goal suggestion is just exactly what I need to do. I get too overwhelmed looking at the big picture. I also get too mixed up when I have too many food choice at this point in my journey. I need to keep it short term and simple! Thanks for your suggestion, by the way I love big dogs, I have a Newfoundland.

Camaswa-Yes, a compliment from a 16 yr old is very rare! Even a conversation at all is not a common occurence these days! Hope I get another from her someday!!!

bigdog
05-15-2012, 08:44 AM
Yay Rowdy! That is a wonderful little story about your 16 year old. They don't hand out the compliments often, in my experience! You deserve it!

you are right, Camaswa!! sometimes our families are our worse critics! funny story about my MIL...she wears about the same size i do now. after going through some of my clothes, i had alot of Talbot khaki pants (i do NOT wear light color pants - i'm a curvy kind of gal) i don't care how much weight i lose, i'll still have a booty :-) so i take them to her this weekend.. she holds them up and says, i guess i can wear them if i take them up a whole lot! i wanted to say, oh, no you didn't!!! and make her try them on but i didn't - it was Mothers Day after all!!! LOL (i know what size she wears because we buy all her clothes)

Galadreal
05-15-2012, 09:20 AM
Bigdog, maybe you should buy a pilates ball for when you watch TV. Just sitting on one helps your core muscles because they have to constantly work to stabalize. Or you can do hip rolls and things just while sitting there. It is easy to get a few mini workouts in during commercials. And if you do get some small handweights that would also be cool. Or consider getting some wrist or ankle straps for when you go on your walks. They have small ones that just velcro around your wrists or ankles. My last set had sandbags that you could remove depending on how much you wanted them to weigh. But I have also heard of ones that you fill with water.

Rowdy, you are doing awesome! keep up the good work. I still keep my 2X shirts becuase I like baggy t-shirts...and I am too cheap to buy any new clothes until I have too. I need to go get a belt actually. :)

bigdog
05-15-2012, 11:54 AM
Waiting on my computer to download ads. I did bicep curls and worked my triceps with 5 lb hand weights for 15 minutes and already feel the burn. I actually have anklevweights. Just need to find them. Excellent idea! My DH works mostly days now and I used to do work out videos in the pm when he worked nights. Hate to work out out when he's here. BTW. The shake a weight hurts my head. I must be shaking too much! The ball sounds good. Used to use one in the gym. I'm thinking my dogs would puncture it though! They try to bite my feet when I'm on the exercise bike. Do belly laughs work the stomach?

faerychic
05-15-2012, 12:21 PM
Bigdog, maybe you should buy a pilates ball for when you watch TV. Just sitting on one helps your core muscles because they have to constantly work to stabalize. Or you can do hip rolls and things just while sitting there. It is easy to get a few mini workouts in during commercials. And if you do get some small handweights that would also be cool. Or consider getting some wrist or ankle straps for when you go on your walks. They have small ones that just velcro around your wrists or ankles. My last set had sandbags that you could remove depending on how much you wanted them to weigh. But I have also heard of ones that you fill with water.

Rowdy, you are doing awesome! keep up the good work. I still keep my 2X shirts becuase I like baggy t-shirts...and I am too cheap to buy any new clothes until I have too. I need to go get a belt actually. :)

The exercise ball is a great idea..........i keep forgetting to pull mine out so thanks the reminder! I sit at a desk all day and am going to try sitting on it for a period of time. Both my chiropractor and fitness instructor suggested doing this.

Learned something new about HNS's.........the manager at my center said to be sure and have 4 a day for max weight loss and sometimes I am unable to get the 4th one in if it is too late in the evening. She said to double up on my mid afternoon HNS. It would be nice if they had a list of tips with this type of info. I am certain there is more that I have not been told........Maybe a thread with tips is called for!

rachels77
05-15-2012, 01:19 PM
BigDog - That cracks me up... the visual of your dogs nipping at your feet! We have a golden retriever and he's the funniest, craziest dog - definitely keeps us on our toes... but we love him so much.

Rowdy - I'm with you on the simple food choices - I seem to do so much better when I limit my food choices and just stick to two or three go to meals for each time (breakfast, lunch, dinner)... also helps with grocery shopping! But, every now and then, when I crave something I try to find a substitute in the MRC cookbook or in the recipes on here... great resources to keep from boredom.

Faerychic - I heard that about the HNSs from my counselor, but I've noticed that there are different personalities/experiences in the counselors at my center so it depends on who you get as to what type of advice you'll get. I relate better to the ones that have actually lost weight themselves and seem to truly commiserate with what I'm going through... That's where we're lucky we can post here and glean as much information for our journey... just a thought.

Also, with the late night HNS, have you tried the hot cocoa or the soy crisps? They seem to satisfy my munchy-TV cravings and I don't crave more food like I do when I try them during the day...

kmcnair12
05-15-2012, 01:34 PM
Whoop whoop!!! WI today and BYE BYE 190s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER see you again! I so have been waiting to see that! Also had measurements done. Down 22.5 inches in 40-something days. Good day! Good day!

I agree with everyone about setting mini-goals. It totally helps me from getting frustrated and giving up. My most recent mini-goal was to get below 190. Now my new mini-goal is to get to 182. I got down to 183 on my own a few years ago and haven't been below that in about 10 years when I put on 50 lbs with my first baby (except when I went in for my 6 wk checkup after I had him and weighed 170-something and gained weight after starting birth control shots). Bring on the 170s!

Hmm...I have an exercise ball.....thinking I should get mine out. I used it a ton back in February when I was trying to make myself go into labor.

Bigdog-funny about your MIL. Perhaps in a week or two you should ask her how those pants fit her? :)

Galadreal
05-15-2012, 02:00 PM
Bigdog, thankfully my cats don't try to eat my feet (or my ball). But when I try to use the exercise bike at home Odin (blind kitty) hears it and always comes running...at which point I have to stop and go lock him in their room to keep him from getting a pedal to the head. He wants to know what is going on and cannot seem to understand that he needs to stay out of the way. He would be fine if I would jsut hold him, but having a 12 pound kitty perched on 1 shoulder would really throw off my balance. But you know, having ankle weights on your feet while walking the dogs might give you a few extra pounds of counterbalance :)

I did gain a pound back yesterday at Wi, but I think it was water weight from having some salty food (Hubby made homemade tortilla chips with turkey chili, and used regular salt). I think my body just got a little and said "water retention time, hooray". We will find out on Thursday. Otherwise just keep on keeping on. Gonna have to run my booty off on Thursday for the Staff Apperciation picnic. A big 4 hour event for the staff here at the University. Gonna be crazy.

JenB72
05-15-2012, 02:56 PM
I woke up this morning and was down to 135. I highly advise against how I lost two pounds overnight though. Thank you very mean, wicked stomach virus. Started throwing up around 8:30 PM and it didn't stop till 2 AM. I couldn't even keep water down. And let's not forget the extreme body aches, diarrhea, and a headache. It's going around because my DH, mom, sis, & bro all have it. Starting to feel a bit better. Hopefully, this is just a 24 hour thing like I've been told.

rachels77
05-15-2012, 04:10 PM
Jen - Sorry to hear you're sick. I had the same thing yesterday afternoon - diarrhea, ugh. Finally was able to eat something this morning... had eggs and toast last night because it was the only thing that sounded good. So I'm not sure how the breakfast for dinner thing will go over on the scale but oh well. Back on track today and rockin' it!

ynapier
05-15-2012, 05:35 PM
Kmcnair - Way to go on the loss! What a great feeling. Keep it up.

Jen - Sorry you are sick. Hopefully it will only be a 24 hour thing. And even more hopeful that your "munchkin" doesn't get it.

I went to WI today was down 1 pound. YEAH!!! I'm below 190. It actually jumped up and down when I saw that number. It felt even better since I did it while I am on stabilization. That makes me think that I can slowly loose more while I'm on maintenance.

kmcnair12
05-15-2012, 06:04 PM
Good job ynapier! So close to your goal weight!!!

Get better soon, Jen!!!

bigdog
05-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Bigdog, thankfully my cats don't try to eat my feet (or my ball). But when I try to use the exercise bike at home Odin (blind kitty) hears it and always comes running...at which point I have to stop and go lock him in their room to keep him from getting a pedal to the head. He wants to know what is going on and cannot seem to understand that he needs to stay out of the way. He would be fine if I would jsut hold him, but having a 12 pound kitty perched on 1 shoulder would really throw off my balance. But you know, having ankle weights on your feet while walking the dogs might give you a few extra pounds of counterbalance :)

I did gain a pound back yesterday at Wi, but I think it was water weight from having some salty food (Hubby made homemade tortilla chips with turkey chili, and used regular salt). I think my body just got a little and said "water retention time, hooray". We will find out on Thursday. Otherwise just keep on keeping on. Gonna have to run my booty off on Thursday for the Staff Apperciation picnic. A big 4 hour event for the staff here at the University. Gonna be crazy.

you just reminded me of something!! i could get the ball and put in my office and use while im in the office stuck on the computer. excellent idea but my dogs go under the desk but should be ok... i'll have to try that... if you hear a crash, that was just me falling off!! wahahahha

COchick
05-15-2012, 08:14 PM
Was having a seriously craving for chocolate, so I had some of a marshmallow bar...ugh. NOT a big fan.

Galadreal
05-16-2012, 09:26 AM
I am trying really hard to get motivated to get back to the gym after being gone for a month for being hurt and/or sick. I know once I start going again I will feel better, but it is just getting myself worked up to do it. Honestly, if I just did not have to change clothes in the dressing room there it would not bother me nearly so much. Of course, that same reason I hate changing there is the same reason I am on this diet to begin with.

That and by the time I get off work I just want to go home and relax...but there is no way for me to get up early enough to work out before work. I need more time in my day! Or less duties.

COchick
05-16-2012, 11:18 AM
I must be on a plateau, because one day I'm up .4lbs, the next day I'm down that same amount. I think I'll be trying some of Jen's plateau busting tips right about now...

rachels77
05-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Galadreal -
Hey. I think we've all dreaded the return to working out. It will stink big time until you get used to it. A trick that works for me is the 10 minute rule - (sometimes 5, depending upon my mood). I try something for 10 minutes (i.e. elliptical, treadmill, Zumba, whatever) and allow myself the thought that, if I don't like it one iota after 10 minutes, I leave. 99% of the time I stay the allotted 30 minutes or an hour and feel so much better afterwards.

Also, consider the gym not a chore but your "me" time. My Zumba classes and morning workouts are just for me. I take my kids to Zumba, but when I'm on the elliptical, the door is closed and I watch what I want, listen to what I want, and get my workout done. Feels so much better.

COChick - Try the plateau busting tips. Have patience... Water and sleep always seem to help me. If I don't drink at least half of my body weight in water, I stall or gain... Maybe try a new workout or food???

JenB72
05-16-2012, 11:53 AM
I'm still alive. I'm left with an upset stomach still. Having to force myself to eat something or I'm getting rather lightheaded. Can't wait to be back to normal.

Galadreal
05-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Rachels77, thank you for the tips...we are going to be starting zumba next week when classes pick up, ad well as "awesome arms and lethal legs" which is a 1 hour class on thursday.

But I just can't think of the gym as relaxing. I don't like being around people, so being surrounded by them it is hard for me to zone out and just enjoy the workout. When I am at home I can do that, but in a crowded place I am constantly self concious: "Wait, that's not supposed to jiggle", "Do these shorts really make my butt look that big?" "I think I need a better sports bra." "Oh please god, if you get me through this last 5 minutes, I will get in better shape, I promise" "Please, please don't let me have a wardrobe malfunction in a crowded room".

The whole red faced and puffing along like a train engine does not help. If I am at home on the bike I can get a book or listen to music and zone out, but I can't just bike, I need to change up my workout. Hence the gym.

melissab617
05-16-2012, 02:19 PM
I had my WI today for Day 11. Even with my daughter's birthday party this weekend and going OP for a day, I am down another 1.5 lbs! That makes 7.5 lbs in 11 days! I am totally pumped! :carrot:

rachels77
05-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Galadreal - I hear you... I thought you said you were returning to the gym. I don't go to the gym (haven't in years - ours was notorious for a meat market and self-obsessed gym rats oogling each other... my favorite was the teeny boppers checking themselves out in the mirrors while doing the stair machine... blech.) Your descriptions of your thoughts crack me up, though...

I schedule morning workouts at my house... in the privacy of my own bedroom. My hubby bought me an elliptical three years ago and we set it up in front of the wall-mounted TV. When I get on there (usually mornings I can't do Zumba or if I need a little "umph" for the day) it's my time. Just for me. I think sometimes, as women, we tend to be overly self-giving. The extra time of exercise is a break from all that. Time to focus, meditate, or in my case, catch up on DVR'd episodes of Biggest Loser or Smash or whatever...

Another thing I like is the Walk at Home DVDs (Leslie Sansone)... she has a few sculpting ones that I like. Also the Jillian Michaels ones are nice... just a thought.

Hope you like Zumba! It's been a lifesaver for me. I just love the positive energy from people in all fitness levels and ages getting together to sweat it out and dance. Too fun. The Arms and Lethal Legs sounds fun too! Best wishes for you as your start back! I admire your wanting to change things up... I'm trying to do more weight training but it's kicking my booty... I don't know why but it seems like I can find oodles of time for Zumba but the toning thing just evades me... hmmmm....

Galadreal
05-16-2012, 03:23 PM
Rachels77, we bought a gym membership to the university recreation center. Basically it is a center that is free to students, but staff and faculty can use it for about 100 a year. It has a huge pool, tennis courts, walking track, and a couple of "Fitness Centers" that have a few dozen cardio machines and some weigh machines, and stuff like that. They also offer lots of free classes throughout the semester. It is a great place to work out (if you can get in, sometimes it is crazy crowded), but I just hate chaning clothes in the changing rooms. I want my squishies only uncovered in the privacy of my own home, or at least a private room.

Most of the people there are tiny tweenagers who don't look like they have ever even seen a piece of cake. And of course the muscleheads who wander around in tiny tanktops that contain less material than most of my leingeree, flexing at each other and trying to look manly (and usually failing miserably in my huble opinion, sorry, I like my guys more adult, and not heavily oiled, eeekkkk!)

We do work out at home sometimes too, but you can only do the same video so many times before you want to chuck it through a window, I really like the bellytwins arms and abs one, but even that can get old. And the exercise bike requires 2 people (one to ride, one to herd cats away from it so you don't kick them in the head). The eliptical at home sounds nice, but I just don't know where I would put it, our house is not huge and I am a great collector of stuff (plus, so many bookcases, like 8 of them now). The zumba class and the other one are on Tuesday and Thursday, from 5:15 to 6:15, so I can get out of work, run over and change and hopefully not have enough time to fret about how I look jiggling my way through the dressing room. :)

Also, as long as the weight training is kicking your booty in a good way then that is a plus, if it is doing it in a bad way just remember to start slow...and do as I say not as I do, becuase I have never been one to start slow. I Just tend to jump in and flail about until I either learn to swim or someone pulls me out and perform CPR (not literally, fat floats, so I actually swim pretty good, but that is a whole different thing).

rachels77
05-16-2012, 03:32 PM
LOL! I love your sense of humor!

Luckily, I can change in the restroom before Zumba! But I can relate on the jiggly bits - we have a mirror in one class and she instructs us to pay attention to our arms when toning ... hard to do when my under arm bat wings like to earthquake about! ;) Yikes! But we're improving... moving onward and all that!

Galadreal
05-16-2012, 08:11 PM
HA HA! I never thought of bat-wings...scary but not untrue. I managed about 15 minutes on different machines, most of them arm and chest (because I need something to perk them up, they are too big to do much with, so I have to get the muscles behind them going good to get some lift). Then did another 20 on the elliptical, burned 190 calories and came home to enjoy my vanilla bean torte protein drink. Now he is in the kitchen making turkey burgers and Brussels sprouts.

Now I must go wash my sweaty self so I can flop on the couch for a few hours (or fire up Dragon Age, and not get to bed nearly early enough) with a cat or 3 and rest my achey arms.

bigdog
05-16-2012, 10:04 PM
Ok so had to get my drivers license renewed today and was like wow I'm finally close to the weight I have on the license. So got the photo taken and when I got home realized they screwed up my weight!! I wrote on the form 155 and on my license is 558 lbs!! And the guy taking the photo said lean against the wall. Then said 1. 2. 3. Smile!! I have this huge grin on my face. It is too funny!!!

faerychic
05-17-2012, 08:30 AM
Ok so had to get my drivers license renewed today and was like wow I'm finally close to the weight I have on the license. So got the photo taken and when I got home realized they screwed up my weight!! I wrote on the form 155 and on my license is 558 lbs!! And the guy taking the photo said lean against the wall. Then said 1. 2. 3. Smile!! I have this huge grin on my face. It is too funny!!!

WOW! They were way off with your weight! Are you gouing to get it corrected? I was just thinking the other day that I have not weighed less than the number on my license in a very long time. It currently says 175.

bigdog
05-17-2012, 08:44 AM
Mine was 150 forever even though I was usually at 160 to 180! I put down 155 and somehow they got 558 out of that!! I don't know about your DMV but it is a zoo always! My photo is hilarious. I have this huge fake smile. Look like a checky chipmunk. Haha. I selected I'm a donor also and they didn't put that on there. Guess I need to go back :(

ynapier
05-17-2012, 10:05 AM
All this drivers license talk made me pull mine out. I don't even have a weight on there at all. Bigdog I would go back for the donor thing for sure.

I think Jen's stomach issue jumped a few states and found me. Luckily it got a little weaker as it jumped. I felt very crampy and ugh last night but never did get sick. I very glad about that. I HATE throwing up! I'm some better today but still not 100%.

JenB72
05-17-2012, 11:29 AM
I think Jen's stomach issue jumped a few states and found me. Luckily it got a little weaker as it jumped. I felt very crampy and ugh last night but never did get sick. I very glad about that. I HATE throwing up! I'm some better today but still not 100%.

Yikes! Sorry!!! I'm at about 90% today (75% yesterday). Hopefully in a day or two this will be all over. What a nightmare this has been!

Speaking of nightmares...weight on a driver's license?! :fr: Thank goodness they don't do that in Florida.

faerychic
05-17-2012, 12:31 PM
My drivers licesne said 145 pounds for years. I changed my name last year and when I went to get my new license I told the guy all the info was correct except for the last name.....he said "really? the weight on here is correct?" Talk about embarrassing! that is when i fessed up to 175:o

sots mom
05-17-2012, 05:21 PM
When I went to WI yesterday, I was ASTOUNDED to see I was the "Client of the Week". I was initially thrilled of course; but now the guilt sets in. You see my sister who was diagnosed in February of last year with breast cancer, told me on Monday that the cancer is back, and this time in her lung. MAJOR breakdown for me, and I started secretly eating everything in site.

Client of the Week? Who am I kidding?? Loosing weight should be so easy compared to what she's going through, and I can't even stay on plan. She is a brave lady, and so strong. She's my hero.

Forgive me. I just need to SCREAM right now, and I can't.

lovetofishandrun
05-17-2012, 09:59 PM
sots mom - so sorry to read about your sister. Prayers

Galadreal
05-18-2012, 09:23 AM
Hopped on the wii fit this morning, and down 3 more pounds this week (I was up a pound last week, so technically it is only 2, but I will take it!).

I am so glad it is Friday, we have to hit the gym again tonight, and hope it does not hit back. My boobs are still sore from the chest press on Wednesday. But hopefully this will help them perk up some. You ladies who are larger on top know what I mean. Next week, is gonna be nuts, so I am glad I have a few days to recover.

rachels77
05-18-2012, 10:05 AM
YNapier - Sorry you're sick. No fun. Jen - glad you're better... you're on your way!

Sots Mom- I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. Cancer stinks... big time. And, I think you deserve Client of the Week - we're all human. We make mistakes but we're recognizing the weaknesses and moving on. I would think you're sister would be proud of you, as we are all. And, with you taking control of your health, I think you're more able to be there for her and stuff, you know? You guys are in my prayers... big hugs to you.

Galadreal - Go you! Chestpress and all... I'd never thought about that - but I do need to work on my check muscles... I'm a bigger up top gal. These things are a pain when working out and, now that I've lost the weight, they are a bit sad and... down-turned. heehee

Well, ladies, I weighed in yesterday and... I LOST 75.5 POUNDS! Yippee! Whoot! Whoop-whoop! Whew,... thought that last .5 pounds was going to KILL me to get it off. I'm super excited and happy... I'd like to lose another 5 pounds to get in my cushion area, but we'll see... They have me starting stabilization next week. I'm nervous but ready to see where this goes...

camaswa
05-18-2012, 10:09 AM
Sots mom, oh that is such tough news. I am so sorry. You are likely going to have a lot of difficult days as you support your sister and your family through this. Several of us on this board have dealt with similar situations and I hope you will reach out frequently.

Rowdy
05-18-2012, 10:12 AM
I got curious about my drivers license weight too, I am only 60 lbs heavier that what it says! Hah .Guess I could set one of my long term goals to make it to my license weight. But in the mean time I must think very short term, so getting under 250 will be my next milestone.....5.5 pound to go to make that.

I have enjoyed reading all the exercise posts, Now I need to decide what direction i will go when i add exercise to my program. Possibly join the local Y. I wish Netflix had exercise videos.

Galadeal- good luck on your work out, you reminded me that daughter has Wii with some dance dance games that would be a fun way to exercise, or may pick up the Wii fit. That may solve part of my decision about adding exercising.

Sots Mom- sorry to read about sister.

Time to drink water, it is not natural for me to drink so much water and have to actively keep reminding myself to get 100ml or so in a day. So girls, go get your water bottles filled up! : )

camaswa
05-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Just catching up on everyone before I weigh in at the center in a couple hours. My scales are showing good news, but sometimes don't jive with theirs, so I will refrain from any jubilation for now. I'll be asking for bodyfat today- I want to get under 32. I wish there was a formula to know how many pounds that would be. I haven't been so great with water lately, and I don't know whAt that might do either.

Regardless, I feel proud of myself this past week. House guests and many more social meals than usual, but I tried to plan around them. Like, if I knew we were having people for dinner, I had a meal shake for lunch. If I knew I would want wine, I skipped the fruit and carbs earlier in the day. Etc. I doubt that those trade offs were exact, but at least I stayed conscious of what I was eating and tried to make choices. Last night we ate out and 4 people shared one dessert. That seemed safe.

I have also been much more motivated regarding exercise lately. I have written this before, I know, but I have been reading about how important it is to not lose muscle. I want muscles!

Speaking of, it is time to go off to the center then work out. Will post my progress later.

FetchLizzie
05-18-2012, 11:16 AM
Good morning everyone - I did MRC a couple of years ago and did quite well. I let life get in the way and gained most of my loss back.

Istarted back on the program a few weeks ago and have been struggling. Then I remembered this board. I've been reading through the posts and it is so motivating to see how we all have similar challenges - from spouses who lose by getting up in the morning to the dreaded cancer.

Well - I'm back and plan on visiting with you all on a regular basis. I hope that I will be able to add an occasional bit of wisdom as I know I will learn from each and everyone of you!

I have 40 pounds to lose and look forward to sharing this journey with all of you fabulous losers! :hug:

camaswa
05-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Welcome FetchLizzie!

YAY! I am down 1.5# this week, bodyfat down 1% this month. Counselor said 30% bodyfat goal would be about 145 pounds. I just can't imagine being 145.

selway
05-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Rowdy - Netflix has exercise videos! You can just Google "best workout videos on Netflix" and a bunch of other people's lists come up. I don't know if you are looking for yoga, pilates, weightlifting, cardio, etc. so I can't recommend any, but they have a great assortment!

faerychic
05-18-2012, 12:34 PM
FETCHLIZZIE: welcome back. Yes, there is a lot of good advice here. I have had many struggles along the way and always find something positive here.

CAMASWA: good job on making good choices. I think that is what it is all about - keeping it under control. Please share your weigh in and body fat results. I am right there with you on this issue.

RACHELS77: AWESOME JOB ON LOSING 75.5 POUNDS! I am sure you are very proud of yourself as well you should be :cp:

GALADREAL: great job on your loss this week. I hear ya on building the up chest muscles. I just wonder if my boobs are a lost cause due to my ages and nursing 4 kids!

Good news for me today........I have been feeling light headed and lethargic so I called my doc about my blood pressure readings. They have been low for the past couple of days (104/54 which is really low for me) so my doc told me to stop taking my BP pill and diuretic. I just need to continue monitoring my BP to make sure it stays in check. This makes me very happy to be of the BP meds! Another reason to eat healthy and exercise:cool:

Fluffy in Florida
05-18-2012, 12:55 PM
sots mom... I am so sorry to hear about your sister. My dad was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and the first several days it was like FOOD... I need comfort food. I ate an entire bag of bliss chocolates, had pizza and bruschetta. Yea, I felt sick to my stomach and I still nibble on snacks, but I am much better at it now that it's been a week. Hopefully you will snap out of it too. We need to be strong for ouR loved ones and for me at least I can't be my strongest when I'm down and out because of the stupid stuff I shove in my mouth.

If you need to vent I am here, just hit me up in a pm or vent out in the open. Either way, know you have support from me if you need it. I thank God for my husband and his strength to help me help my dad through this. We can stay strong for them, we have to. Again, I'm so sorry for you and your family. {{{{HUGS}}}}

I told my husband last night that when my dad starts loosing his hair mine is going again too, this time razored down, and he told me his was getting shaved again too. My husband rocks!!

Galadreal
05-18-2012, 01:12 PM
So, any of you lovley ladies know of any good jobs in Northwest Arkansas? My job is driving me to eat. If I get one more duty that has been farmed out becuase the person who is supposed to do it is too stupid I am going to scream and throw a printer at her. Seriously I can't get me own work done and it is stressing me the **** out. All I want right now is to go over to the union, eat a big calzone and cry on my husband...maybe not in that order. I am so frustrated I want to scream.

I have decided that as soon as we get back from vacation next month I am looking for something else. I cannot stay here becuase the stress is killing me, litterally, my blood pressure has been nuts for the last 2 weeks.

faerychic
05-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Welcome FetchLizzie!

YAY! I am down 1.5# this week, bodyfat down 1% this month. Counselor said 30% bodyfat goal would be about 145 pounds. I just can't imagine being 145.

OMG! I cannot imagine 145 pounds either. That is what I weighed before having my first child 26 years ago.......... make that 27 years ago!

Congrat's on the 1.5 pound loss:cp:

camaswa
05-18-2012, 04:38 PM
Faery chic, I KNOW, 145 sounds insane. So to add to this,I then asked my trainer about those Tanitia scales. She said to use them as a baseline for progress only, that they are not a true measure of bodyfat. She said the only true measure is the underwater method, and even calipers are better than impedance. She said that even eyeballing she would put me well below the 30% range. I'm going to stop obsessing so much. I told myself I would give this my best till the end of May and then reassess. I'm doing fine.

camaswa
05-18-2012, 04:47 PM
CO chick, how did you end up after a full week of MetaQuick? If you posted that, I somehow missed it.

lovetofishandrun
05-18-2012, 07:06 PM
Faery chic, I KNOW, 145 sounds insane. So to add to this,I then asked my trainer about those Tanitia scales. She said to use them as a baseline for progress only, that they are not a true measure of bodyfat. She said the only true measure is the underwater method, and even calipers are better than impedance. She said that even eyeballing she would put me well below the 30% range. I'm going to stop obsessing so much. I told myself I would give this my best till the end of May and then reassess. I'm doing fine.

I agree with your trainer on body fat. Someone posted a website last week to check body fat. So I went to it and there was an 7% difference from what the centers Tanitia showed - website was lower! WI today - week 2 of plateau. Counselor looked at diary and I ate on program 3 days out of 10 - yikes! So want the last 10 gone. I have been slacking on exercise last few weeks since exercise classes ended. Hopefully I'll kick it off again with 4-5 mile run in the morning. Hope everyone has a wonderful, fun weekend.

kmcnair12
05-18-2012, 08:21 PM
I'm so frustrated right now. Last week I only lost 1.5 lbs.....this week I only lost 0.5 lb. And I'm sticking to the program like glue....no cheating at all. It would be different if I could tell a big difference in my body and know that I've at least lost some inches, but I can't tell a big difference and my husband doesn't notice a difference at all. Any suggestions to break this not-losing streak? I know this program works, but it's hard to be motivated with the results I've had lately, you know?

Rowdy
05-19-2012, 01:28 AM
Selway- Thank you, I had unsuccessfully searched Netflix before. This is fantastic, Netflix has all kinds of excercise streaming videos! Wow, this really helps. The CRUNCH ones alone have all kinds of videos.

COchick
05-19-2012, 11:08 AM
CO chick, how did you end up after a full week of MetaQuick? If you posted that, I somehow missed it.

I ended up doing 6 days of it. I lost 2.5lbs total, but at the tail end was right before my TOM, and I always put one some water weight. My conclusion...I would metaquick again, but probably not for a full week. Maybe a few days at a time, just to shake things up a little.

camaswa
05-19-2012, 10:40 PM
COchick, well 2.5 is 2.5! Good job! I just never had the discipline to stick with it more than two days. I do like to use the shakes occasionally for breakfast and/or lunch to help me refocus when I have been eating off plan too much. It helps stop the madness. Also, they tend to wreak havoc on my lower GI.

Kmc, your loss has been good overall for only having started in April. Just stick with it. I have had plenty of weeks with less than a pound loss. I know it is disappointing, but if you really are following the plan it will start coming off again. Maybe punch up your exercise a bit?

bigdog
05-20-2012, 02:20 AM
Been celebrating my birthday since Wednesday! (it's today) well I guess yesterday since its 2 am! Started w party at work. Chocolate cake Wednesday ...then out to dinner at new Thai restaurant w DH...the owner wanted us to try out his homemade coffee almond cake. Wow
Friday nite out w my crazy girlfriends!!! And many buckets of beer and appetizers -and the hostess bought out chocolate ice cream sundaes for us -- we did jump on the stage and dance so lots of activity. Then boating all day today (my girlfriends called me skinny miney) :hat::beach: then dinner out and the owner bought out chocolate cake! And sung happy bday! I have not weighed since Wednesday am and was 164.0. Did ok food wise. Ate salads and small portions and did split all those desserts but WOW!!! Will def be chugging water all day tomorrow and eating salads and protein shakes!

More later. Really need some sleep!!!

faerychic
05-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Happy Birthday Bigdog! :celebrate:

So I was up a pound at weigh in yesterday. Very frustrating since I was 99% on plan (had a couple of tablespoons of salsa). Counselor said there could be a few reasons I was up: 1) extra stress this week at work 2) lack of sleep (I don't sleep well) 3) too much exercise. She suggested I may want to switch back to the meta balance plan due to the exercise. I have been taking a boot camp class and she said they don't suggest anything more than walking for exercise. I haven't decieded yet about the metabalance plan - I think I will wait and see how next weigh in goes.

bigdog
05-20-2012, 07:52 PM
thanks! Faerychic...i think my girlfriends wanted to get away from DH's or boyfriends to take me out to party because they were rocking way harder than i was! hahaha Chilled today and am still drinking water, water, water, HNS, HNS, HNS......had salad for lunch and salad for dinner...planning on a few more bottles of water! and one more HNS....should be back to normal at least by Tuesday! :-) very fun week...

hey, i have an off topic question for you gals. we talk about everything on here, right? ok, has anyone ever gotten a boob job because of their weight loss or just because you want an enhancement? just throwing this out to get some feedback :-)

Galadreal
05-21-2012, 09:47 AM
I am loving being on the 1500 calorie maitenence for weight loss, it is so much easier, and it seems to be working. Made a peanut butter and bannana smoothie for breakfast, with the chocolate truffle syntrax powder...so good. I did cheat a little and had a Swiss 100 calorie hot coco pop for a milk over the weekend. Found those and fat free greek yogurt and fruit pops at Sams, for those days when i need something sweet. Also stopped and had a sugar free Tropical Snow this weekend after a haircut, and it was nice to just relax and unwind. Now back at work (BLAH!) Gonna be a crazy busy week, fingers crossed that I survive the Zumba class tomorrow, and then the Amped up & Lethal Legs on Thursday (and that I can actually still walk afterwards).

rachels77
05-21-2012, 10:38 AM
KMCNAIR - Hang in there. I stalled around the upper 180s. Make sure you're getting plenty of rest and water. (For me, 1/2 of my body weight in ounces always helps).

BigDog - Funny you should ask about the boob job. I am considering doing that. I've known of one person who lost around 100 pounds and had an enchancement to make them more (ahem) "perky". I'm rather busty, and mine are a little depressed and downtrodden lately, so we'll see.

Galadrea - Glad you're liking the change! Have fun with Zumba - it is such a great workout! Also, we'll be thinking about you with the stressful work - that doesn't help the whole weight-loss thing either. Hang in there and it's a good thing you've got the job feelers out. Positive thoughts to you!

I'm doing great. Had a good weekend with Zumba and my kiddos. Very busy but I've definitely noticed how much more activity I'm able to do now. Just last night I was playing basketball with the kids at church... in high-heeled sandals... not too smart. But I'm loving my energy and attitude now! Headed to a stabilization party tonight... anyone know what those entail?

COchick
05-21-2012, 11:55 AM
Happy (late) birthday, BigDog!

I am considering a boob job after all the weight is gone, because I will be so flat when this is over. SO flat. I've already lost 3 inches around my chest, and it makes me sad to see them go.

Another pound down this morning, so hopefully I'm over this darn plateau...

mkroyer
05-21-2012, 12:33 PM
YOu guys...
my biggest ffear is happening.. its a reality.. the weight is NOT coming off...i THOUGHTi had busted through a plateau, but all last week i felt SO BLOATED (NO, not tOM), and i felt better yesterday, so i weighed myself at home,a nd im BACK UP to almost 153!!! my F**KING starting weight....

im getting ready to panic. Im freaking out. why bother being on plan, why bother trying...... i am SO UPSET bout all this money... i should be halfway to goal, at LEAST by now...........but im basically at my starting weight. STILL.
WTF

Second time through the program. i am in tears here.......

faerychic
05-21-2012, 12:49 PM
MKROYER: I am certainly no expert on MRC but it sounds like you keep quite fit - are you on the metabalace menu? I was told on Saturday that if my fitness plan is more than just a daily walk then I should probably switch to metabalance. Maybe you are not getting enough calories. Just a thought - you may want to bring it up to your counselor.

Fluffy in Florida
05-21-2012, 12:58 PM
mkroyer, so sorry to hear about your struggle. Have you spoken with someone at the center? They should be able to look at your food chart and go over some things with you to help. Wish I could be of more help but am here to listen to you vent if you need to. Big hugs girl...you can break through this!

mkroyer
05-21-2012, 01:45 PM
Faery-- the thing is, i was MORE active last time, and i used the regular pla, meta-slim, and the weight MELTED off.. i was marathon training, running 70 miles a week, personal trainng 3X a week, etc, etc.. im much more moderate now..... i doont know.... is metablance MORE calories? carbs? i dont understand why eating more frequently would make a *real* difference, KWIM? the 5/6 small meals a day is complete hogwash, as far as dieting dogma goes..... even with little cheats --> my cheat, xtra raw veggies, xtra sugar free gum...... sometime a half ounce or less more chicken....... all things ON PLAN--> even with those, i should STILL be in a substantial deficit.... i should STILL BE LOSING, even if im not losing as quickly... i feel so hopeless about the program now.. ive been avoiding them for a week, cuz i was SO BLOATED last week, i didnt want to go in and be 8 pounds up! but im planning on going in tonight, and with food in my tummy, etc, i will prob be up about 5 pounds from my last weghi-in, and im going to have to buy MORE of their crap. the money seemed wrth it, if it was going to WORK. it is NOT worth it if its not.
Fluffy=- thank you

JenB72
05-21-2012, 01:59 PM
mkroyer, I saw something on tv recently, and believe it or not, it made me think of you. Have you ever had your thyroid checked? This lady couldn't lose weight to save her life. She gained 50 pounds and couldn't get it off. Once the doctor diagnosed her having an underactive thyroid and got her on the right medication, the weight finally came off. I may be off base, but it's a thought.

mkroyer
05-21-2012, 02:01 PM
ya, i have.. i was seeing an endocrinologist for a while... thyroid levels are within "normal" range, whther low end or not i dont know, but normal still.. my problem was thta i was not producing ANY ESTROGEN, basically. He thought i had a pituitary tumor. but that was fals, after MRI... eventually, after gaining some wegiht back, myperiod came back (ammenorreah was the main reason for the endo, and concerned with thyroid levels)

rachels77
05-21-2012, 02:17 PM
I'd agree to talk with your counselor. See what they have to say. I know it sounds like you're doing everything right on plan... I myself cannot do any sugarfree gum - it messes with my weight loss. Also, are you resting enough and drinking at least 1/2 of your body weight in ounces per day? Are you drinking anything else?