Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 01:11 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 3/2/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 03-02-2012, 02:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 285/260/185

Height: 5ft 11"

Default Kidney and Liver Q

Thanks for providing such great inputs and insights on this forum. I started IP diet on Jan 26th, and I have lost 25 lbs until now. While in a social gathering, a doctor said that ketosis can have a negative impact on the kidney and liver. I researched the internet, and there is no clear answer on how can I mitigate issues from Ketosis, and still stay on the diet. I will appreciate if you could share your views on this topic. Thanks, Rajat
Old 03-02-2012, 03:14 AM   #3  
twotots

S/C/G: 221/197/147

Height: 5ft 4in.

Good morning All. Today should be my week 2 weigh in BUT I have been so ill, then busy with visitors and ill again that I have to begin again. Day 1 here I come! At last the mornings are brightening up and today I noticed crocus flowers, Spring is here! I love this time of year it makes me feel like getting up, out and busy. Though I did lose 1lb. Have a good day it's Friday.

Rajat. I did here about ketosis being hard on your liver when Atkins was in the news a couple of years ago but I know no medical facts.

Last edited by carolirish; 03-02-2012 at 03:18 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:21 AM   #4  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning

Yesterday was tough, I was hungry all day which in turn made me a little irritable and grouchy and it was all I could do just to get through the day. I was getting ready to make my dinner when the doorbell rang, It was the pizza man, standing there in the moonlight with 2 large beautiful pizzas. I thought to myself, YES!, there is a God. Then as he walked away after I told him " I am sorry you have the wrong address" I thought to myself, yes, there is a God and he tests us now and then and he gives us the will to make the right choices.

Here's to another 100% on plan day!

(true story, with a few embelishments)
Old 03-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good morning

Yesterday was tough, I was hungry all day which in turn made me a little irritable and grouchy and it was all I could do just to get through the day. I was getting ready to make my dinner when the doorbell rang, It was the pizza man, standing there in the moonlight with 2 large beautiful pizzas. I thought to myself, YES!, there is a God. Then as he walked away after I told him " I am sorry you have the wrong address" I thought to myself, yes, there is a God and he tests us now and then and he gives us the will to make the right choices.

That is funny cadu... Good for you for resisting the urge to steal your neighbors pizza!!! Lol!!! We had pizza issues at our house too- my 7 year old found the fliers in the mail and kept a pizza coupon asking if we could have it this weekend.... I will keep in mind as I serve the piping hot pizza to my children "I have to desire and the will to resist temptation". I may have to repeat it a few hundred timed but I can do it!!

Cheers to another 100% OP day!!
Old 03-02-2012, 07:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning! I'm sorry I haven't been around much recently. I've been so busy getting things prepared for our upcoming move I have hardly been on the computer at all. I hope everyone is doing well! I'm doing great, I was a little nervous because I cut it quite close this month (didn't order enough from IP to Go) but thankfully I'm having my last non restricted now and my order should be here by noon. Whew!! I have to admit, this morning's concoction is pretty good. Vanilla Shake added to coffee. Yesterday I tried to drink the Vanilla shake on its own and I couldn't do it. I think had I had more time and been able to let it sit in the fridge it would have been better. I even tried adding a bit of MiO to it. I like it with my coffee though, almost like a latte! Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 03-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

I have not found clear studies on the kidney and liver detrimental effects. If a person already has compromise in these organs then that can be problem with metabolizing and excreting the waste products of ketosis. If these organs are healthy, I would be interested in reading the research findings.

This I know, a carbohydrate based diet has been so incredibly detrimental to my health that I am ill with several serious issues. Fortunately, I have no serious illnesses that precludes a ketogenic diet for weight loss.

I think many people talk about problems with various different forms of diet and weight loss rather than speaking to the IP approach specifically. There have been some diets that caused problems. There have been people who applied the diets in a harmful way. This all gets thrown into the warnings about various approaches unfortunately.

I think it is interesting that a form of ketongenic diet ( low carb, high fat and not IP) is showing promise in treating kidney failure in diabetics.

There is lots of misinformation out there or generalizations that do not take into account specific approaches. Nothing is without its risks and benefits. It does take some research sometimes to find the best approach to diet management for each individual.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthmoksh View Post
Thanks for providing such great inputs and insights on this forum. I started IP diet on Jan 26th, and I have lost 25 lbs until now. While in a social gathering, a doctor said that ketosis can have a negative impact on the kidney and liver. I researched the internet, and there is no clear answer on how can I mitigate issues from Ketosis, and still stay on the diet. I will appreciate if you could share your views on this topic. Thanks, Rajat
I'm not a doctor, but this is my rudimentary understanding of it. Ketosis is simply a fat burning state that your body enters where you're producing keotones which are able to access your body's fat stores. This state in and of itself is not dangerous. The danger comes from ketoacidosis which is something that IIRC is mainly a concern with diabetics, and that's where your kidneys and liver are at risk. If you're really concerned I would talk to your doctor about it, bring in the phase 1 sheets and the nutritional information on the food / supplements and ask what they think. I do know that at least in the US, IP can only be run out of a doctors office, and many times the doctors are involved by doing blood work and what not for the IP clients.

From a personal standpoint I have never felt better than I do right now. As soon as I hit ketosis it was like a carb-induced fog lifted I got my energy back and now that I've lost 40lbs I obviously am also enjoying the health benefits that come with it. If you are still concerned though like I said before please do your own research or go talk to your doctor.

Quote:
Good morning

That's funny! Good for you for sending him away!!
Old 03-02-2012, 08:02 AM   #9  

Quote:
Good morning

Yes, there is a God and he has his reasons and purpose. I'm a firm believer in things happening for a reason. I may not agree with the things that happen, but I know that He made it happen for a reason.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:03 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hubby and I thrilled with IP results for far... According to home scale he's lost 14 lbs in 8 days and I've lost 9 lbs in 9 days- we both have quite a bit to loose so nice to get that jump start and confirmation that our commitment is paying off. A couple tests this weekend... We will be spending 2 days at the rink this weekend for my sons hockey tournament- I'll need to plan ahead for both if us!! And My in- laws are coming to visit for 2 days (no that in itself is not a test!!!lol!!! They're awesome!!) but I do want to plan ahead so I have delicious meals and yet IP friendly options for hubby and I. Wish me luck!
Old 03-02-2012, 08:06 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Protocol change regarding restricted? I just read on another post that restricted items have gone from one per day to a 2-3 per week. Has anyone else heard of this? Personally, I have one a day and it's been working, but since I'm near the end of my P1 journey I am cutting down to 4 per week. This will help me phase off them as I will miss them when I'm in P4...
Old 03-02-2012, 08:12 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Unfortunately, there are too many myths that still exist in nutrition and medicine regarding how ketosis and the human body function.

It is weigh day for me. 179lbs !!!!! Decades since I have seen the 170s!!! Somehow this is just so darn exciting to me.

Now off to lay a track in a cool field I spotted yesterday. I hope Hogan's tracking nose is on today. It could be a fun track through tall grasses.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:21 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

HELLO FELLOW IPERS!!!!!

I can't believe its been like 2 weeks, since I was on here last and posted a comment. Life is crazy.

Since I've been running nearly empty on IP supplies, I've been using my parents' Atkins bars... But I've been eating them on a IP schedule which has made me super sick. I can't wait until I get my first paycheck so that I can buy more things. I lost 2.8lbs this week, but I think that was a result of being sick from Atkins.

Like right now, I think I might puke... Arg.

Cadu-funny story! I would have been seriously confused about what was going on.

Well, TGIF everybody.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:41 AM   #14  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Good Morning and TGIF!
Can't wait to WI tomarrow! Been a good week and as always 100% OP.

Hope you guys have a great day!
Old 03-02-2012, 09:09 AM   #15  
Cindy

S/C/G: 216/184/160

Height: 5' 6"

Good Morning everyone!

Just because I felt so different this morning, I got on my at home scale and holy did I literally got a wake up call......I hit the onederland!!!!! I got off the scale out of disbelief and got on again and it was the same. I am so super excited that I cannot even contain myself. I can't stop smiling. Today is a great day!!!!
Closed Thread