Old 11-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/146/130

Height: 5'4"

Question Chocolate Pancakes = Brownie/Cake Batter

Okay...a couple of questions. Does anyone recall someone posting about the making the chocolate pancakes with boiling water and they tasted like brownie/cake batter? I am really wanting to try this but cannot figure out where it was posted and how much water.

On another note, what is everyones favorite way to make the plain crepes?

I look forward to hearing from y'all!!!

Happy OP day!!!
scpnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 251/176/150

Height: 5'4"

"NON-RESTRICTED" PANCAKES:
Sit down to a hot, sweet, short stack of thick American Pancakes....and still be able to choose a restricted IP food later in the day!

Ideal Protein has 2 pancake packages (Choc chip & Orange), but both are considered restricted products. Meaning that if you have it, you cant have one of the bars or chili or oatmeal as well in the same day.

One clever way to "have your cake and eat it too" is to make pancakes from another non-restricted IP product... The Crispy Cereal!

IDEAL PROTEIN NON-RESTRICTED PANCAKES:
Ingredients:
1 pkg IP Crispy Cereal, crunched up (I roll with a rolling pin while still in the package)
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla
Cinnamon & Nutmeg, to taste

Directions:
Beat together in small bowl the following:
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp vanilla

Add in to cereal pkg the following:
1/4 tsp baking powder
Cinnamon
Nutmeg

Pour dry mix in to egg white mixture and combine.
Cook in pan as you would pancakes. (Non-stick pan or spray with PAM or other cooking spray)

I spray the pancakes with a squirt of the zero calorie/ zero carb / zero fat "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" (Ordered from ebay since they dont have it in my country) for that hot buttered taste of real pancakes.

Makes 3 - 4 small, but thick American-style pancakes. Sweet enough to eat without any other topping, but if you have the Ideal Protein Maple Syrup, use that.

Really good.

I know this isnt chocalte pancakes, but does this help?
kelly1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:11 PM   #3  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Here you go, I went find it for you......

Originally Posted by boyz4us
Last night someone ask me on the weds thread how to make muffins out of the chocolate pancake packet. Well, first let's say that "muffin" is an IP term-lol-not sure they general public would exactly call these muffins

I found the recipe on 3FC. It is one packet of chocolate pancake mix, 1/4 cup egg whites, pinch of sea salt, 1/4 tsp. baking powder and then enough water (doesn't take much) to make cake batter consistency. Like I said I also put in some SF hazelnut syrup. Pour into 2 pam sprayed custard cups. Bake individually in the microwave about 1.5 mins. It will get tall, but not bubbling over and spill.

Some people suggest using WF choc syrup as a glaze when they are hot, but I did not have any so mine are going to be plain cake.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

What about "muffins" made from chocolate pudding? That would be yumalicious.
EmilySebetka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:35 PM   #5  
IP Start date 1/2/12

S/C/G: 212/197/150

Height: 5'3"

what phase can you have the crepes? i am starting to miss bread a little and i think this will help. I'm in phase 1
whirlygirl72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/160/160

Height: 5' 7"

You can definitely have the crepes in Phase 1. I have them a couple of days a week as breakfast and they are yummy.

Chocolate crepes with a little sprinkled salt and Plain crepes with lemon juice.
Try them!
ClairCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:19 AM   #7  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Bumping this because some have been looking for something like this.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

I made some crepes the other night with an egg white, a little cinnamon and stevia, and water. Used some spray oil and one packet made 3 thin, 6" crepes. Then I warmed a little of the WF Blueberry spread and put it on top. It was nirvana. I had not had pancakes in a year and this was the closet thing to it...

If they weren't restricted, I'd make it every day!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

what I experimented with and found works, is mixing the choc pancake powder with the water... pouring into a microwave safe bowl that is pre sprayed with a bit of PAM... nuke it for like 15 seconds at a time till desired 'doneness'....... and slide of bowl.......YUM
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #10  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
what I experimented with and found works, is mixing the choc pancake powder with the water... pouring into a microwave safe bowl that is pre sprayed with a bit of PAM... nuke it for like 15 seconds at a time till desired 'doneness'....... and slide of bowl.......YUM
Ohhhh...that's the trick. How much water do you add? I did it perfect the first time. The second time it blew up in the mircowave. And after that it has been runny.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:44 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

this all sounds sooo good! My birthday is coming up and I was worried I wouldn't have any cake thins year lol
Billster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1962 View Post

IDEAL PROTEIN NON-RESTRICTED PANCAKES:
Ingredients:
1 pkg IP Crispy Cereal, crunched up (I roll with a rolling pin while still in the package)
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla
Cinnamon & Nutmeg, to taste
oh boy...I am excited to try this one! Did you try it with just 1 egg white or does it need the 2? I remember trying the cereal with skim milk when I first started the diet and thought it was drek, so I never tried it again. I love pancakes and just ordered some more cereal to try your recipe next week...

Just made the muffins that were posted on the 'recipes from Finland' post that use the oatmeal and crepes, and holy cow, they are good too! I'm having them for breakfast right now, warmed up with a little WF apple butter and cinnamon. I've been on this journey over a year and I'm still learning things!!!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote