Biggest Loser Challenges - Red Team Summer Meltdown Chat Thread Week 1 (5/30-6/5)

shan84
05-29-2011, 06:59 PM
Welcome to the first official week of our challenge. Hope everyone has a great week.

Don't forget to post your weigh in before 10pm AST time zone.

Also, reminder you need to post at least once during the week to be considered for biggest loser (this is for weekly Biggest Loser and overall challenge Biggest Loser).

Good luck red team!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

shan84
05-29-2011, 07:08 PM
A repost from this weekend:

An interesting read: http://www.brainpickings.org/index.p...d-in-80-diets/

What I Eat: Around the World in 80 diets.

peanutt
05-29-2011, 07:33 PM
Thanks for sharing that, Shan! Looks very interesting. I put in a hold at the library.

rainbowsmiles
05-29-2011, 08:31 PM
welcome to week 1 RED TEAM....the most awesomest team ever!!! welcome newbies too :) good luck!! :cheer:

shan84
05-29-2011, 09:43 PM
Peanutt- I put a hold on it too. It looks very interesting. How was your weekend?

Rainbowsmiles- Hope you have a great week! :carrot:

peanutt
05-29-2011, 09:49 PM
rainbowsmiles - I've been thinking of you and I'm looking forward to chatting with you again!

Shan - I had a great weekend, thanks for asking! The weather has been wonderful, I ran my first 5K race this morning and I'm feeling great. I'm sorry to read about your dad. How is he doing?

shan84
05-29-2011, 10:35 PM
Peanutt- He's feeling better. He went home from the hospital in the middle of the night. Turned out to be an infection. They are treating it with meds. It's always difficult for me when something happens back home and I am all the way on the other side of the world. This time was particularly difficult because even the bf is gone so I had no one to turn to really. :) But he's ok now and I'm ok. I made it thru! :)

OhMyDogs
05-29-2011, 10:36 PM
I'm slightly confused...we weigh in again before the weigh in on or around June 5? Or we have to post before 10pmAST by June 5?

shan84
05-29-2011, 10:48 PM
You need to weigh in by June 5th at 10pm AST. This can be anytime this week, or on Sunday...but the cutoff time to post is 10pm AST on June 5th.

bethbeth
05-29-2011, 10:56 PM
Peanutt ~ Congrats on running your first 5K! :cheer: That's awesome!

Shan ~ I'm sorry you're alone right now. Keep talking to us :)

This evening I went for a nice 45 minutes walk with my husband and pushing my daughter in the stroller. She LOVES to go for walks and look at everything. I'm trying to get out with her as much as the weather will allow.

Rated
05-29-2011, 11:24 PM
Bethbeth- It is great that you are taking advantage of the nice weather and getting some walking in with your family

I think I am going to have to talk my boyfriend into going for walks, playing tennis or something on nice days instead of us sitting inside watching TV and eating junk food.

peanutt
05-29-2011, 11:39 PM
Beth and Rated - your posts made me think of a podcast I listened to last week. It's about the difference between activity and exercise and some of the health problems caused by too many sedentary hours. Here's the link (http://cutthefatpodcast.com/732/fat-loss-podcasts/episode-26-activity-versus-exercise-the-debate-for-weight-loss). After listening to it I recommitted to incorporating more activity into my days.

OhMyDogs
05-29-2011, 11:58 PM
You need to weigh in by June 5th at 10pm AST. This can be anytime this week, or on Sunday...but the cutoff time to post is 10pm AST on June 5th.

Thank you so much for clearing this up for me :)

Rated
05-30-2011, 12:41 AM
peanutt- Thanks for posting that podcast. I think they had a lot of good points and I plan on listening to more of their earlier podcasts.

I feel like incorporating more activity into my life is something I really need to work on. Do you have any suggestions? what has worked for you?

SMSDREAMER2007
05-30-2011, 03:19 AM
HEEELLLOOOOOOOOOOO red team!!!! Great to see ya'll! Excited to be in this challenge and have a chance to talk to some old friends and new ones too! Lets smash the blue team!!! hehehe

peanutt
05-30-2011, 08:04 AM
peanutt- Thanks for posting that podcast. I think they had a lot of good points and I plan on listening to more of their earlier podcasts.

I feel like incorporating more activity into my life is something I really need to work on. Do you have any suggestions? what has worked for you?

Something that I used to do more of and have started doing again is going to the washroom two floors down from where I work. Those stair trips don't really take too much time, but they allow me to get up from my desk longer and move around a bit more. I do the same thing at home where we have a washroom on each floor....I always use the one on the floor I'm not on at the time. I work primarily a desk job, so I'm making more of a point to stand up throughout the day, even if it's just to read something.

CourtneyDaisey
05-30-2011, 12:08 PM
HELLO RED TEAM!!!!!!

:carrot::carrot::carrot: Here we are again! Another rockin' awesome Biggest Loser challenge!!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Happy Memorial Day to everyone in the USA! Don't let the cookouts and desserts mess you up for the first week of the challenge. Wouldn't it be rough having to take a freebie so soon? Nope, we're going to be strong. We're going to have the willpower to flock to the fruit bowl and push away the pie! We're going to rock this holiday and be committed to our goals and to ourselves! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

What are your plans for the week? As for me, I am taking today to get my house back in shape. I've been going strong on the house cleaning all day long. My dishes are washed and put away. My laundry is almost done. I only have a couple of loads left! (Laundry is my least favorite chore, so this is a major accomplishment!) The toys (both child and dog) have been put away. The cobwebs are gone from the corners of my rooms. The trash has been taken out. And the dining room table has been cleaned off! :cheer:

What's left on my chore list?
-Clean out the Expedition
-Sweep and mop the kitchen and breakfast room floors
-Clean the bathrooms
-Dust the bedrooms
-Go grocery shopping
-Rearrange the living room
-Vacuum the floors

Then my house will be all clean! :banana: :banana: :banana: We are planning on going to see the fireworks in Senoia tonight. Brenna will love that!

I still have a LOT to get done so I'd better get off my butt-er and get back to work! This day will be over before you know it and then I'll have to go back to work tomorrow. Four day weekends are rare for me and they just go by so darn fast.

Hope everyone has a fabulous week!!!!!

kneed2lose
05-30-2011, 12:19 PM
Hellllooo Red Team!!

IM SO EXCITED FOR EVERYONE TO KICK BUTT!!!!

I have my exam coming up just around the corner so im going to try and keep up, but Im sorry my posts may be short! But you all are inspirational!

celrae
05-30-2011, 01:38 PM
peanutt- excellent pod cast! Activity is the key!!!

Our family gave up TV 1 1/2 years ago (we do use Netfilx). We don't miss the constant stream. There are better ways of getting entertainment and information.

HMM3
05-30-2011, 01:57 PM
Hi all,

I'm excited that I've finished the first official day of being a Summer Meltdown red team member!! It's already Tuesday here (and its the first official day of Winter tomorrow) ....and its very cold!! We had a fire in our garage/roof and they had to take the insulation out to fix it and stop the smell .... Its a frost outside too ...

Anyway ... Shan .... thanks for all the organisation -hope your Dad is feeling better ...

Peanutt .... I like the podcast too .... I've been trying to move more in my classroom even .. it is better for teaching and my health ...

Courtney Daisy ...hope you enjoy the last part of your weekend .... your housework list is putting me to shame .... we have a long weekend next week and I need to do a wee bit ... (although the insurance company cleaned my house a month ago .... from top to bottom and everyhing in it too get rid of the smell from the fire) ....

Kneedtolose ... good luck for your exam ...

Rainbowsmiles .... I've been reading some of your posts ... I really like your positive outlook on life ...

Looking forward to getting to know you all :)

shan84
05-30-2011, 07:06 PM
Kneed- Good luck on your exam. You can do it!!

Courtney- Talk about a major cleaning. I bet you burned a bunch of calories doing all of that. Good for you!

HMM3- He is feeling better thanks!

Ok all well I looked at a calendar today and.....40 days left in SK before I'm stateside once again. I can't believe it. The time is really flying by. Tomorrow is one of my students last day of school and I just know I'm going to be a crying mess. Even if there are obvious issues with school administration here the one thing I loved this year were my kids. 3 and 4 year olds are so darn cute and to see them learn new things everyday was the greatest reward. Oh, and today is payday so I'm planning to head to the bank to transfer money home and then going with a co-worker to see the new Pirates of the Carribean movie. My goal today- to have a lower calorie day and NOT eat anything bad at the movie theater. Being tempted is ok, but giving in to temptation is not an option for me! Hope you all are doing well this week!

KaeBae
05-30-2011, 08:24 PM
HELLO RED TEAM!!!!!!

:carrot::carrot::carrot: Here we are again! Another rockin' awesome Biggest Loser challenge!!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Happy Memorial Day to everyone in the USA! Don't let the cookouts and desserts mess you up for the first week of the challenge. Wouldn't it be rough having to take a freebie so soon? Nope, we're going to be strong. We're going to have the willpower to flock to the fruit bowl and push away the pie! We're going to rock this holiday and be committed to our goals and to ourselves! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Hope everyone has a fabulous week!!!!!

:o. My weekend was amazing but...The cookouts and desserts totally got to me!:( From here on out I will be good and stay strong to make my goal! :D

GO RED TEAM!

rainbowsmiles
05-30-2011, 09:06 PM
thank you hhm3....i need to go read them and inspire myself as i haven't been too positive lately....thanks for reminding me :)

ggmugsy
05-30-2011, 09:50 PM
Hey everybody!

I'm glad the challenge has finally started. Had a great day today. POP with food. Didn't do official "exercise," but worked in the yard for a hard 4.5 hours.

I'm looking forward to listening to the podcast Peanutt posted tomorrow.

CourtneyDaisy: I'm tired just reading your chores for the day!

Kneedtoknow: Good luck on your exam!

Shan- Glad to hear your father is feeling better. BIG HUG!

Everybody else - so glad to learn more about you. I'm looking forward to this getting to know more throughout this challenge.

celrae
05-30-2011, 10:34 PM
It ended up being a nice day, I was glad to get my walk in 5.33 miles.

Peanut- The Cut the Fat blog has a lot of good information that might be helpful to the team. Thanks for pointing me in their direction.Diet Soda (http://cutthefatpodcast.com/799/cut-the-fat-blog/diet-soda-and-weight-loss-do-artificial-sweeteners-cause-weight-loss-or-weight-gain)?

erin9598
05-30-2011, 11:21 PM
Well I started off the challenge by ordering pizza Saturday night, so that wasn't the most brilliant start. Of course I had somewhat of a NSV because I did not shovel in pizza until I could not move. Instead I determined an amount I was willing to eat ahead of time and stuck to it. It is normally my weakness. On the other hand I had a full weekend of scuba diving so it didn't appear to do any damage at all. I suspect I needed the extra boost of calories because after two dives Friday night and two Saturday morning I was too exhausted to make anything. Luckily the kids had finished off the pizza before I got home from diving on Sunday since I am always absolutely starved when I get done. I was able to get right back on track with my eating.

I will say that I may not have been so motivated to get right back on track without this challenge. It is a hard 10 day stretch where three of my kids have birthdays, so that makes three birthday cakes in my house.

Now I am trying to determine a plan for exercising this week. I had started the C25K program but my knees were really suffering into the second week. I had to take a break and it was a challenge even carrying all that gear this weekend, but today they seem to have made a dramatic recovery. I am hoping in another week I can pick back up with the C25K even if I have to take it a little slower.

KaeBae, I totally had to avoid the memorial day cookouts and treats. I am just not sure I had the strength. As it stands, I am just happy that none of the neighbors have their grills going.

Kendrab1223
05-30-2011, 11:21 PM
Hello red team!! I'm hoping this challenge will keep me on track to my goal! Let's kick blue teams butt!!!

Bethbeth- our baby girls are just 15 days apart (my daughter's first bday is 7/15) :)

lostangel05
05-30-2011, 11:58 PM
Hello everyone! Reached a new low this morning. 186.6! My scale almost tried to quit on me...giving me an E for error the day before but it started working again. Starting my new job tomorrow at an assisted living facility. Nervous!

CourtneyDaisey
05-31-2011, 12:07 PM
HELLO RED TEAM!!!!

How is your Tuesday going? You know, even though I posted about it being Memorial Day yesterday..I totally thought it was Sunday! :dizzy: Hahahaha! Today totally feels like a Monday to me, even though I know in reality it's not.

I've been drinking water a lot today and eating healthy! Yay! Every step in the right direction will get me to my goal, right? :cheer:

I would love to finish out 2011 on a good note and be in Onederland by January 2012! I have decided to set myself a mini goal to do that. That gives me a full 6 months to drop 53.4 pounds. It's doable really. But in order to do it...NO EXCUSES!!!!! I have to be constantly vigilant and remain accountable. I have decided I need to set myself one fitness/exercise activity at minimum to do every day! Whether it's mow the grass or talk a short walk with the dog or do some major housecleaning item, I need to make sure that I do something physical on a daily basis! I am going to go revise my Fitness Journal to include my daily goals for each day this week.

Do any of you have a mini goal that you are working towards right now? Do share it! I love to set goals and love even more to reach them! :cheer: We can ALL do this!!!!

boatgirl16
05-31-2011, 01:23 PM
Hey all!!!

First, I want to give kudos to anyone who was able to make it through the Memorial Weekend (those in the US of course) and ate healthy, exercised etc!

I am really bummed with myself because I JUST started my weight loss journey last Monday. I did well Monday-Thursday, then slipped up. (already) From Friday-Monday I didn't eat well or exercised, etc. I did swim in the lake but it wasn't part of my original plan of exercise.

I had lost 4 lbs those 4 days I stayed on my diet, but have gained it all back. So I'm back where I started.

HOWEVER, I am not going to let it get me down or quit like I would have in the past. I'm back on track and today is a new day! I'm going to plan out the rest of the week of what I am going to eat and how I'm going to exercise, etc.

So for those of you who might have slipped, you are not alone and we can do this! Let's get back on our feet and get at it! And to those who did what you planned, you're awesome and what keeps me going so I can do it as well!

Hope everyone has a nice day!!!! :)

bethbeth
05-31-2011, 01:33 PM
Kendrab ~ Aw! Can you believe how fast the year has gone?

CourtneyDaisey ~ I love your enthusiasm! My mini goal is to lose 15 pounds by my daughter's first birthday! (7/30)

Well....my week has not started off so great. I'm still sick, and don't feel like doing anything. Last week I pushed through the sickness and kept on exercising, but this week I don't know if I should push through, or take a break and try to get better. I'm already not getting enough sleep, since I have to get up with my baby. I don't know.

I hope you guys are having a better day than me :)

shan84
05-31-2011, 06:51 PM
Courtney- My mini goal is to show a loss (of any kind) each week in this challenge and to put forth more effort than I did in the last challenge. Number wise, I have 40 days until I go home and I would like to be under 300lbs again before that. Long term goal- Under 200 by May 2012.

Beth- Hope you feel better soon. Hang in there.

Hope everyone is having a great week. It's Wednesday here in SK! I went with a co-worker last night to see the new Pirates of Carribean. Ate a hot dog (gross) and still managed to pull in a low calorie day and show a loss on the scale this morning. How many of you weigh daily vs. weekly? I'm a daily weigher, but I'm not emotional about it. Like if I see a gain, I don't freak out and let it ruin my day. I just use it as a learning tool. If I'm showing any kind of strange gain then I look back at the food that I ate the day before and see what I should try adjusting. For me its all about learning about what my body needs/wants and how it reacts to different foods. Being in a foreign country I don't have access to a lot of stuff I think sometimes people take for granted in the states. I live on an island in the far south of South Korea. I'm so excited to spend my year living with my sister and working on getting healthy. It's time to focus!

Have to run. Students will be here soon. How's your week going?

erin9598
05-31-2011, 07:48 PM
I weigh daily instead of weekly, but I also don't really let gains get to me. I just sort of examine my food and it is really helping me determine the right calorie balance for losing. I have noticed on days that I eat too little I consistently show a slight gain. I do much, much better when I try to remember to put something in my mouth every two hours, no matter how small. It really helps me analyze my eating patterns when I use it with my food journals.

celrae
05-31-2011, 10:20 PM
My Bod Pod assessment went very well today.
48% to 44.5% body fat- down 3.5%
gained 3 pounds of muscle (2 pounds was my goal)
and lost 13.5 pounds of fat. (10 pounds was my goal)
My lean body weight is 132 pounds

I highly suggest the testing, the scale makes a little more sense now. I was advised to work towards a goal weight around 180-190 pounds, based on my muscle mass. This is significantly above the BMI recommendation of a weight between 125-164. No wonder people are confused.

CourtneyDaisey
06-01-2011, 07:23 AM
Bethbeth and Shan - Love the goals! :cheer: :cheer: You can do it! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Happy Wednesday morning to everyone! It feels like Tuesday to me though. Having a day off two weeks in a row is throwing my brain for a loop! LOL!

People from corporate are going to be puttering around the office today so I may not be able to get on here during my lunch break like I try to do every day. I may just head up to the gym here at work and walk on the treadmill for a bit. Of course, that's going to look silly seeing a girl in an ankle length skirt walking on a treadmill in black flats. LOL! Hopefully no one else will be up there! We'll see if I go up or not. I am aiming to go though!

Today is going to be a fruit day. I am having fruit for breakfast and for lunch. I didn't have enough time this morning to even make a sandwich so I just grabbed a bunch of fruit and stuck it in a bag. At least I know today's food choices will be healthy! I don't even have any oatmeat or granola bars left in my desk drawer. I do have a pack of reduced fat peanut butter crackers. I'll save that for this afternoon.

I wish you all a GREAT day!

GO TEAM RED!!!!!!! KICK BUTT-ER!!!!!!

Kendrab1223
06-01-2011, 08:35 AM
beth- I know! She needs to stop growing up (as does my 5 year old son!!)!

Boatgirl- Just focus on the fact that you're not quitting! I couldn't even tell you how many mess ups I've had during my journey (unofficially started early August, officially in Jan). Just don't give up and that's all that matters!!

Erin- I'm a daily weigher myself. I'm the sae as you and don't sweat the small temporary gains. Weighing daily definitely helps me stay on track. Hubby recently hid my scale (was supposed to be for a week but I found it lol) and I wasn't a fan!

KaeBae
06-01-2011, 08:40 AM
Its Wednesday! A day closer to the weigh in! :D

MiZTaCCen
06-01-2011, 09:25 AM
Hello ladies and gents (if any are around) It's wednesday and this is my first official day back at work. I took time off. My diet has sucked but I maintained at 155. Today I'm hitting up the gym after work! I'm excited to start this challenge! I think this is something I need to get myself motivated again to drop these dreaded last 15 pounds!

CourtneyDaisey
06-01-2011, 12:30 PM
MiZTaCCen - Congrats on heading back to the gym! :cheer: You can kick those last 15 pounds to the curb! I have faith in you!!!!

Erin: I weigh daily as well. I'm a bit scale obsessive. ;)

Folks, I just got back from a 15 minute walk on the treadmill in the office gym upstairs. YAY! :cheer: It's my first time back on any sort of gym equipment in forever. This may sound strange, but it kind of felt good to get back on the wagon of exercise.

Tonight I am still planning on mowing my grass. It definitely needs it!

ggmugsy
06-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Hey everybody!

Erin - I have a step-son and daughter-in-law in Hawaii. (He's in the Army.) We are planning a trip over next Spring to celebrate my graduation. Very interesting that you see a slight gain when you eat less. I'll watch for that.

Kendrab - WOW! You've had some really great weight loss! If you don't mind sharing, what's the single most important thing you've learned?

lostangel - Congratulations on your new low weight!

CourtneyDaisey - Good job getting on the treadmill in your skirt! :)

Mini-Goals: I have a couple of mini-goals. I would like to lose two pounds in one week. I haven't done that in a LONG time, but it should be possible. (I hope it's still possible.) Also, I am abstaining from alcohol until 6/10 to jump-start my weight loss and find better coping mechanisms.

boatgirl - Great attitude! It's important to get right back up after a slip.

bethbeth - Hope you are feeling better today!

Shan - I'm a daily weigher, but I'm not as calm as ya'all seem to be! I definitely wig out a little bit. If I'm up one day and down the next - no big deal. But if I'm up two or three days in a row I freak out! After I logged my starting weight for this challenge I was up 3 pounds - three days in a row! It's taken me the entire "get to know your team" period to get it off - which tells me it wasn't just water. I feel I stay on track better with daily weight.

celrae - I'd never heard of the BOD POD until I read your post. Very cool!

MiZTaCCen - Nice to meet you! Good luck!

I overdid my workout three or four days in a row and ended up with a tush and hips so sore I was having trouble sleeping. I didn't exercise at all yesterday and was able to sleep in this morning. I'm feeling ready for a good workout!

I struggle with taking my weight "personally." I feel like I've been genetically cursed, or I'm a failure when my weight goes up. To try to compensate for that, I try to make my weight mathematical. It's about calories in and calories burned.

I've read several of the BL books and it seems their program focuses on eating calories equal to your BMR so your body doesn't go into starvation mode. Dieters need to burn 3,500 calories to lose 1 pound of fat. Two pounds of fat = 7,000 calories. That means Hannah and Olivia were burning off 14,000 calories per week to lose 4 pounds a week. OMG. They had to be working out nearly all day to do that.

I came into this challenge prepared to burn 1,000 calories per day. I've been unable to do that - but I've come close three or four times out of the last week. Has anybody in this challenge tried to do this? Or - does anybody else have another take on how the BL contestants are dropping so much weight so quickly?

boatgirl16
06-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Thank you Kendrab...I noticed your picture for your avatar...you look absolutely great! How long did it take you to lose the weight? What routine did you follow?
It gives me inspiration when I see such significant weight loss from people...I feel I may never get there but I know if I don't give up I will get there!!

Hope you all are having a good day!!

celrae
06-01-2011, 10:27 PM
ggmugsy- It has been very helpful. In our area it is $95 for 5 assessments, money well spent. I am surprised that it is not in every doctors office.

bethbeth
06-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Hey Red Team! :cheer:

I am finally feeling better after being sick way too long. I am kinda dissapointed to look at my exercise log and see NOTHING the last 3 days. But my body needed some rest to get better. I gotta get back on track today and work up some sweat!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's results for the first weigh-in! I just posted my weight for the week, with -3 pounds! Let's win this week, ok?

Rated
06-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Beth- Good job on the -3 especially with being sick. Its good you took some rest. Only you know when you can push through and when your body needs a break.

I have a had a really good week so far. I started the 30 day shred video yesterday and my arms are sore today (I think it was the push ups). My eating hasn't been perfect but I have been getting better at saying no or choosing smaller portions. However my family went to Dairy Queen to get blizzards the other night so I got a small instead of a large but the small still had almost 700 calories! So next time I will choose a regular cone or something.

Hope everyone is having a good week

Shay
06-02-2011, 12:47 PM
CourtneyDaisey
I always set mini goals. I have so much to lose that it can be overwhelming sometimes. Breaking it into smaller goals makes it so much easier. Right now I am working on getting below 199 lbs. If I don't make it there this week I hope I will next week. I need to decide what my goal will be for this challenge.

ggmugsy
I hear that on the BL ranch they exercise up to 6 hours a day. In addition to adjusting their diet that's how they were losing 4 lbs a week. Or did you mean once they went home? I've found when I do 2 a days, exercise in the morning and in the evening, that ups my weight loss. I'm not up for that every week though. My weight loss has been has low as .8 and as high 4.8 lbs on a weekly basis.

I am doing well. I just signed up for some water exercise classes for the summer in addition to my tried & true abs class. I also do personal training 2x/wk. I have two different trainers but one of them is sick so right now it's happening only once a week. I weigh in on Sundays so the weigh in schedule is perfect for me. Even if I don't lose any weight this week (I will) I will have a fantastic loss to report on Sunday.

Oh yes, I ordered my cooler. It's cute. It has pretty hibiscus flowers on it.

CourtneyDaisey
06-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Bethbeth - I am so glad you are feeling better and congrats on the 3 pound loss!!!! :cheer: You go girl!!!!

ggmugsy - Thanks! :) It didn't matter if I looked silly because I was the only person in the office gym at the time! Hooray for that! :D

Shay - Awesome mini goal!!!!! :cheer: You can definitely get there! One of these days I will be rejoining Onederland as well and I will be so thrilled!

I just got back from another 15 minute visit with the treadmill on my lunch break. Yippee! Two days in a row! :cheer: I am making progress! Let's do it again tomorrow! The yard didn't get mowed last night though due to the washing machine breaking on us. Grrr! I totally can't afford a new one. We have the part that we think will fix it and will try to install it tonight. Cross your fingers and pray!!!!! We'll see if I can knock out the yard tonight while my father-in-law and husband tackle the washing machine. I'll take the 3 year old out with me and she can play on her swingset while I mow. :) She'll love that!

SMSDREAMER2007
06-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Hey ya'll just poppin in so say well... hey ya'll Jumped on the scale out of pure curiosity today and was down almost 2 lbs WOOT WOOT! I am happy with that, can't wait to see what sunday holds!

shan84
06-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Shay- I'm looking into starting pool classes to when I'm back in the states. They we so much fun last summer and really helped me.

Courtney- 2 days in a row :cheer: :cheer: GO YOU!! Good luck with the washing machine. Sending good vibes and lots of prayer your way.

SMSDreamer- Good job on those 2lbs! :cheer:

Hope everyone is doing well. IT'S FRIDAY!!! here in SK anyways. Taking my school kiddos to the fish museum and to the beach. Of course, all my moms are going on the trip because I can't watch 14 3 year olds at the beach and not be worried. Yeeah for mommies!!! :cheer: This weekend is a four day weekend here in SK. No big plans. Hope to get some nice walking done this weekend to aid in my weight loss. No big loss this week but last week's huge loss is holding. I'm going to use the next 3 days to try to make something happen. Time to go start drinking my water for the day.

:wave:

LongTallBee
06-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Hey guys! I'm visiting my family and this is the first time I've been able to get online since monday! I did fairly good with eating but haven't had much formal exercise. I've been playing with kids a lot, which feels like exercise but I've been doing workouts so regularly, I'm nervous that it might affect my weight this week. I'm weighing in tomorrow so I guess I'll see how it goes.

Good luck everyone!

boatgirl16
06-02-2011, 08:44 PM
So I did well today...I am working extra hard since I screwed up at the beginning of the week and have to weigh in on Saturday.

Hubby and I had an interview this evening with the local newspaper as they are doing a write up on us because we both made straight A's in college this semester and are a young married couple, etc.. (i thought this was awesome-i've never been interviewed in the newspaper or anything)

Well afterwards, we decided to go out to eat. I really didn't want to but was starving and he didn't want to wait 30 minutes for me to cook. (He is not on a diet) Well he picked the local mexican restaurant...I wasn't too thrilled but I managed.

I'm proud to say I ordered water instead of tea and they always bring out chips and salsa (that i love) but I denied myself and just let me hubby eat them. I sat there and thought about our weigh in and said if I eat these, they will only hold me back. I also just ate a grilled chicken burrito which is a great choice compared to what I use to eat so I was happy.

We came home and I did my evening exercise so I call today a success and wanted to share! :)

Bette k
06-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Hi Red Team,
Today was Dad's chemo day, he goes every 3 weeks, everything is still going really good, and we go back in 3 weeks again. One of my biggest problems is making one meal for the family while trying to lose weight and to keep Dad's weight stable. He has colon cancer and won't get surgery ( I don't blame him after finding out what they would have to do). I am doing better on the meals now it's warm enough to grill.

Tomorrow I'm going to work in the garden in the morning. The weeds have been trying to take over. I've got a bigger garden this year and I'm going to preserve a bunch of veges for the winter. I'm done planting I think, there are still a few places I can squeeze something else in:D. Right now I have 14 tomato plants, 14 pepper plants (4 varieties), 8 cabbages, 4 broccoli, 4 cauliflower, 3 brussels sprouts, green beans, radishes, carrots, cucumbers, leaf lettuce, spinach (not coming up good), summer squash, and zuccini. The squashes are just coming up, I have 4 hills up today. I was begining to think they weren't going to grow, I have problems with zuccini if anyone can believe that, it doesn't grow well for me. I also have strawberries, an heirloom variety that has been in DH's family for generations. Enough about all the good veges I'm going to have, I hope everyone has a great week.
Bette K

CourtneyDaisey
06-03-2011, 07:52 AM
Bette K - Wow! I'd love to see your garden! Do post a pic for us sometime! I wish I had the space to have a big garden like that. And great job on your meals and making progress! I hope your dad will get better soon. :hug::hug::hug:

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Woot!!!!!

Sadly the washing machine still isn't fixed. We're going to try more repair stuff on it tonight and see what we can do. I'm going to clean out my car tonight so I can plan to take all the laundry over to my mom's on Saturday and wash it. This laundry issue may hamper my plans to hit the gym but I can do some physical activity at my mom's without it looking like exercise. :p

I took a peek at the scale and it is moving...in the right direction! It's so nice to see the number going DOWN again! :cb: :cb: :cb: I actually am looking forward to Sunday morning to see what it will show for official results!

I hope you all have a great day! :carrot::carrot:

CourtneyDaisey
06-03-2011, 12:47 PM
I am hoping that everyone's being so quiet because they're getting in a Last Chance Workout before this weekend's weigh in! ;)

I just got back from the office gym. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and an extra 10 minutes on the stationary bike! :cheer: :cb: :cheer: :cb: :cheer:

I am making progress and it's the right kind of progress too!!!!!! :carrot:

Rated
06-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Sounds like everyone is having a pretty good week so far

CourtneyDaisy - good job fitting the treadmill into your lunch breaks and adding extra time on the bike! Every bit counts

I have had a good week I peeked at the scale today and I am down so I am excited to post in the first official weigh in. I told my boyfriend (I was planning on keeping it a secret) and he has been really supportive going for walks with me and playing tennis. He is also keeping me on track with me eating since he has offered to give up junk food with me but we are each allowed a small treat once a week. I feel like I am on the right track this time since previously I would have given up by now.

bethbeth
06-03-2011, 10:22 PM
Uh-oh, the blue team just passed us up in number of posts in their chat thread. Let's keep talking ladies. It's ok if you don't feel like you have anything interesting to say....just tell us what kind of exercise you did, or what you had for dinner. Tell us if you are feeling great about your weight loss this week, or if you are feeling discouraged. I don't know, tell us what color your underwear are right now, just tell us something :)

By the way....mine are green :lol:

kris2008
06-03-2011, 11:33 PM
Just watched the first Extreme Makeover. I like the shows where they concentrate on one person and complete the weight loss in one show. Much more inspirational! And this one is 12 months - much more realistic than BL though they did have the woman exercising 3 times a day! At least they gave her 1500 cal, it wasn't starvation.

Got off track this week - going to throw away the empty calories now. Better late than never. I still have until Sunday!

QuillysQuest
06-04-2011, 06:20 AM
Hello Red Team!

Please excuse the intrusion on your chat thread, but I need your opinions! :)

I have talked to Bigmid and she talked to Shan84, about adding a challenge thread for this BL challenge. I have volunteered to start the challenge, but I wanted to get some opinions from you guys first. I have two different ideas that I got from a couple years ago when I did the BL challenge and I'd like to revive at least one of them here in our BL challenge. So, whichever receives the most votes will be started in a BL thread for both teams, and the other challenge I'll probably start in another part of the forum somewhere.

Idea 1: We each set an exercise goal in minutes, stating how many minutes of exercise we intend to do in the month. This can be any exercise at all, it doesn't have to be working out, it can be gardening, cleaning, whatever gets you up and moving, all forms of movement can be included. Then we update our progress in the thread like we do with our weigh-ins by editing our posts. This way we keep ourselves accountable and we have some extra motivation to get up and move!

Idea 2: We do a weekly challenge thread where we all come up with challenges for each other to do that week. Like I would post something like: 20 squats and 10 second wall sits. And the next person would post something like: "I'll take that challenge! And I challenge 100 step ups with alternating legs!" And then everybody picks which challenges they want to accept and posts about how they did with the challenge, and maybe adds a challenge of their own.

I want to do the challenge that most people would find the most inspiring and helpful for themselves, so I'd really like your opinions before I start it. I think that this thread might be closed soon, as it is the end of the week, so if you'd like to pm me with your vote on which challenge thread you'd rather have, I'll wait until Wednesday to start off the challenge thread.

I look forward to hearing from you guys!

/hugs around
Quilly

CourtneyDaisey
06-04-2011, 08:08 AM
Quilly - I love the idea of a challenge thread! I would totally participate in that! :cheer: It sounds fun and it a great way to inspire folks to get moving!

GOOD MORNING RED TEAM!!!!!

You know what today is? LAST CHANCE WORKOUT!!!!!! Tomorrow we have to face the scale and see the fruits of our labors this week! So make it a good one! Whether you :trampo: or :strong: or :woops:, it's time to get your exercise on!!!! I had planned on going swimming today but my husband has the car. That means I am stuck at home so I have to find some home-based exercise to be able to do today. I will be catching up on laundry because...

THE WASHING MACHINE IS FIXED!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I am so thrilled about that!!!! I don't have to buy a new one now! Hooray!!!!! So, while I do laundry I am going to have to do some exercise around the house. It's going to me insanely hot today so it better be something inside!

boatgirl16
06-04-2011, 10:28 AM
Well I just weighed in. I have lost 3 lbs. I started on Thursday morning eating right and exercising and didn't cheat those two days. I guess it was 3 lbs since that was my first days of my journey. When I've done this in the past, I usually take off 7 lbs in the first week (probably cuz I go from 3500-4000 calories to 1200-1500 lol) Then I plateau second week and usually quit since i didnt see big results again (dumb i know) so not to sure how next week weigh in will be since this is technically only a weigh in for 2 days but I will do my best!!! :)

celrae
06-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Uh-oh, the blue team just passed us up in number of posts in their chat thread. Let's keep talking ladies. It's ok if you don't feel like you have anything interesting to say....just tell us what kind of exercise you did, or what you had for dinner. Tell us if you are feeling great about your weight loss this week, or if you are feeling discouraged. I don't know, tell us what color your underwear are right now, just tell us something :)

By the way....mine are green :lol:

I agree that we have been too quite. It does take time to post but, accountability is key. Use the food and exercise tracking threads too. I do not log food or plan exercise but, checking in at the end of the day or morning should help keep us committed. I would like to see more of us doing that.

QuillysQuest- Both sound great. Challenges will keep us going. Thanks for posting your ideas!

CourtneyDaisey
06-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Well done boatgirl!!!! :cheer: Awesome job!

I spent three hours today doing various forms of exercise! I went outside with Brenna and mowed the grass, pushed her on her swingset, and played in her wading pool with her. It was fun and she had a blast! I set up the hose to spray water down her slide and into the pool and she loved using it as a waterslide! :)

Shay
06-04-2011, 06:50 PM
We had a training today for summer staff and that went really well. We cooked out too. So I had a burger and watermelon. That watermelon was so good. I know folks want us to post more but I am busy. If I get on here once a week I'm happy. More than that and I am doing really well.

Bette k
I can not wait until I have a yard. I would so have a garden and grow fruits & veggies. We do have community gardens here but it's not the same.

Kris2008
I totally agree. I do prefer when it's done in 1 hour and all focused on one person. MTV did this with "I Used to be Fat" and there was another show that did it too on Bravo I believe.

CourtneyDaisey
That's great news about the washing machine!

Kendrab1223
06-04-2011, 06:58 PM
Hey everyone! Sorry I've been MIA- summer vacation has me crazy busy!

Mugsy- most important thing... I'm human and I'll make mistakes. Any other time I've lost weight, I've given up as soon as I have my first bad binge. This time has been really different. I have pulled myself up after knocking myself down.

Boatgirl- thanks :) as far as how long it's taken is kind of complicated Lol. I had my daughter (i also have a 5 year old son) July 15 2010 and was 215pounds that day (175 pre pregnancy which I had lost weight to get to). 3 weeks pp I tarted exercising and severely cut my calories. I lost some weight then gave up. On Jan 4th I decided it was a good day to get myself together (total spur of the moment decision) and was 183 pounds that morning.
I guess in total- almost a year but 40 since Jan 4th :) I don't really follow any special plan. I exercise and watch what I eat. I could be really better with myfood choices but I like convenience. A lot of what I eat is "crap" compared to how some of the other posters eat but oh well. I don't eat frozen meals, though. I did at first but then realized I could make better things for the same calories!

Sorry for the all over the place reply! I'm on my iPod so it's kind of a pain :)

I hope everyone is getting in their last chance workouts!

Kendrab1223
06-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Oh also- as far as the challenges... I think a fun one would be the second one!

Kendrab1223
06-04-2011, 07:01 PM
And... Mine are multicolored ;)

See my pain in the butt iPod will help us get more posts!

And... I'm off!

CourtneyDaisey
06-04-2011, 07:28 PM
I don't know, tell us what color your underwear are right now, just tell us something :)

Uh...I am not wearing any! :o

See, when I get in the house I get into my nightgown. I despise wearing street clothes in the house. I am much more comfortable in my nightgowns. And I don't like to sleep with underwear on. It's restricting! So...right now I am wearing an aqua nightgown and going commando! ;)

CourtneyDaisey
06-04-2011, 08:02 PM
ATTENTION RED TEAM!!!!

I made you a little something. If you'd like to take it and use it for your signature, be my guest. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/christianlady1978/3fcbl2011red.jpg

The link is...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/christianlady1978/3fcbl2011bred.jpg

celrae
06-04-2011, 09:20 PM
CourtneyDaisey- The logo looks great! TY

Bette k
06-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Hi Red Team
I hope eveyone is having a great week, I ended up losing 2 lbs this week, hopefully I can keep it up next week too. Today was one of the fun days that living in an old house brings you. Last weekend the light fixture in the bathroom shorted out. My brother has just finished training for HVAC and electrical and is working in the field offered to fix it for us ( in return for helping with putting in laminate wood floors in his house)So we went to Menards which is a 60 mile round trip, and got everything we needed, except for what we forgot. Then he tore into it, imagine 50-60 year old wiring with wires that we have no idea what they went to all jammed into the box where the switch is. He's coming back tomorrow hopefully to finish, Most of the house has power, and we were able to find a live plug for the freezer so it can still run. I don't think he will want to do any more wiring for me for a while when he's done with this. I really do love my old house, and I'm going to start on fixing the plaster in the living room next week, but I guess I won't be able to put in a ceiling fan.

Shay- Have you tried container gardening, if you have space for a pot you can grow veges just like house plants.

Courtney Daisy- I'll get some picture of my agrden, it's a bit weedy, but growing well.

Everyone have a great week
Bette K

Bette k
06-04-2011, 09:41 PM
oops, almost forgot, multicolor stripes

bethbeth
06-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Uh...I am not wearing any! :o

:o :lol:

Angie
06-04-2011, 11:03 PM
Hi Red team!

I'm trying to get myself back to my starting weight, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to post a gain for week 1. I was in Vegas for business, came back and quickly shed my water weight, but despite being on plan the last 4lbs just isn't budging this week.

It's great to see lots of familiar faces here on the red team and I look forward to getting to know all the new ones.

HMM3
06-04-2011, 11:26 PM
Hi all...

I hope the red team has had a good week ...

I've done my run for the day about 10kms this morning .... and feel good .... I'm only getting a run or two in a week with the other exercises at the gym ... but I love my long weekend runs ... (I time them to coincide with the sun rising) ....

As for the important question of the day .... I've got very appropriate red coloured undergarments on ....

Next week ... I will use the food journal too ... only did the exercise .... I'm afraid my food would be a little embarrasing this week ...

Kendrab1223 .. I don't have a plan either .... but I try and exercise and have portion control .... I still have far too many treat foods .... but just very small portions ...

Good luck all .... :)

shan84
06-05-2011, 02:47 AM
Congrats to all who have posted losses so far. A reminder when you post your weekly weigh in please post your new weight number (###) not just (-2lbs). This just makes it easier for me to calculate everyone's numbers.

Reminder weekly weigh in must be posted before 10pm AST time Sunday evening!

If you have not posted when it hits 10pm, I will edit your post with a freebie. Please do not edit this once I have entered it because it does stand. If you think you might miss the weigh in, please post your weight earlier.

We are still missing 6 red team members in our weigh in thread. I've sent messages if I could. We are looking for: Dee Bee, Babygotback123, AnonymouslyYours, oliviacan, randomness 123, pintaminto90. Join us please!!

Good luck to everyone on weigh in day!!!!! GO RED TEAM!!!

Shay
06-05-2011, 07:05 AM
CourtneyDaisey
It says the picture has been deleted.

Shay
06-05-2011, 07:23 AM
Nevermind, CourtneyDaisey. I just right clicked and saved it from your siggie.

K3LL3Y
06-05-2011, 07:45 AM
Wow, Everyone I'm really sorry. I totally dropped the ball on the chat this week.
I started a new job on Tuesday after being laid of for a month and I haven't been on fit day due to that.
I still want to be a part of this thread if I can. I know posting is one of the requirements.

shan84
06-05-2011, 07:57 AM
CourtneyDaisy- Love the new sig! Way to go chica! Also, just saw your new blogpost. Congrats on your loss this week!!

CourtneyDaisey
06-05-2011, 08:01 AM
GOOD MORNING RED TEAM!!!!

Today's the weigh in! Time to face that scale and see your results!

My results? Oh, they were great! I lost 3.8 pounds this week! I am so proud of myself for getting back in gear and making it happen! I can't wait to see what comes of next week!

I am amazed at some of the numbers that have been posted in the Weigh In thread so far! AWESOME JOB RED TEAM!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: We're definitely going to take this week!!!!! GO RED!!!!

K3LL3Y
06-05-2011, 09:23 AM
I like the Red Team Sig!
My signature is getting pretty busy with all the group activities covered on here. I love that everyone in these threads are so active. It helps keep me motivated and paying attention :)

There are some amazingly impressive weigh-ins for this first week! I'm so impressed, everyone should be very proud of themselves!

OhMyDogs
06-05-2011, 09:29 AM
Hi Red Team!!

So my weigh in, since we gave our start weights was -4.5lbs, but I only actually lost 1lb last week...blah. I had several off plan days...no good reason for it. But at least there was still some loss! I promise to do better this week!

Rated
06-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Good job on amazing weight loss everyone:)

I lost 4.4 pounds most of which was this week. I was really hoping to be in the 160's now but I am still really proud of my loss.

Kendrab1223
06-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the siggy, Courtney Daisy!! I'll go add it when I'm done with my reply! Way to go for those who have posted their weight so far! Part of me wishes I kept my 153.x (hehe) from the first day of "sign ups", but I changed it shortly before the deadline. Oh well :) We are totally going to rock this challenge!

Kendrab1223 .. I don't have a plan either .... but I try and exercise and have portion control .... I still have far too many treat foods .... but just very small portions ...

Good luck all .... :)

The portion control is such a big thing!! When I first started, my goal with every meal was to make sure my plate looked like it had a lot of food on it for not a lot of calories. Portions are so darn small and I needed to visibly see a lot of food on my plate. Somehow now I don't need the visual anymore and I'm still satisfied most of the time. I really could do better with the actual foods I eat, though. Oh well!

I'm really hoping I have an awesome week next week. My plan is to stay on track 100%. These last few weeks I've had at least one mega OOOOOPS day. Earlier this week I was even down to 142.2 but for some reason I just got in an "I don't care" mood and binged. I am pretty proud of myself, though. On Friday night hubby and son were begging for pizza. I finally caved and we went and got some and I did horrible. I made it a point to say "Screw it. Not caring about what I eat until Monday morning. I need a freakin break". Well after my splurge on pizza and other junk that night, I woke up Saturday morning with the worst headache ever (which happened the morning after my last binge, too) and didn't want to finish my weekend binge!!!!! I honestly don't even want junk right now knowing the "hangover" I get from it! WOOHOO!

Sorry about the long post :)

CourtneyDaisey
06-05-2011, 03:16 PM
This afternoon I'll be getting in some exercise in the pool! A real one, not just Brenna's wading pool! I'm getting together with a friend from my childhood and going swimming! This is going to be so fun to hang out with her and get in some exercise at the same time! :cheer:

shan84
06-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Only about 1 hr and 20 minutes to get your weigh ins posted.

GO RED TEAM!!

boatgirl16
06-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Excited to see the results, let's go Red Team!!!

Tomorrow I start summer classes. Not to happy that I gotta be at school for class at 8am every day but next May I will graduate with my bachelors in psychology. :)

The positive way at looking at going to school is I will have to be on a schedule which makes it easier to stay on track with eating right and exercising.

I did good all this weekend...made healthy choices overall. I was trying to find something to wear to school tomorrow and all my clothes are still fitting tight...makes me feel like crap I gained so much my clothes aren't fitting well. But it definitely keeps me motivated too, I don't want it to be a fight to find something to wear each day, yanno?

Anyhow, hope everyone has had a good weekend! Let's do our absolute best this coming week! We can do it! :)