Atkins - What tempting thing did you pass up?

islandchick1
10-04-2010, 08:20 PM
Yesterday, I went with the family to a Mexican restaurant (my FAV) after church. I just had the water :D. Then in the late afternoon, went to an 8 year old's birthday party and passed up the nachos & the cake. I was the one cutting the cake and didn't even lick the icing off my fingers :lol:
:dancer:
Anyone else want to brag about passing something tempting up?

sandyfanny
10-04-2010, 08:36 PM
One of my daughters just rented a condo to use for work in a little coastal town. I visited her this weekend and passed up:

A BLT and onion rings from Sam's Corner (awesome greasy food)
I had the swiss burger with lettuce, tomato and provolone minus the bun.
Painter's Homemade Ice Cream
Hot Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
Bloody Marys from the end of the pier bar

I had NOTHING except the bottle of water I carried around.

I finally said, "I gotta get outa here before I inhale 5,000 carbs just breathing!"

SissieSue
10-04-2010, 10:24 PM
I passed on a no-bake cookie from the Flying M coffee shop in Boise, ID. (I was there on business, and was with folks who were indulging. The Flying M has the best no-bake cookies!).

cherbear
10-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Um, not licking icing off your fingers is AMAZING!! Mine is silly, but today when I was packing lunch for my husband and I, I didn't snack on crackers and cereal as I went. I felt pretty good about that! It's been a problem area lately.

sandyfanny
10-09-2010, 10:48 AM
Yesterday I passed up a big basket of mini candy bars sitting in the middle of the table during a long, boring two-hour meeting. I had the rest of my lunch...which was NOT CANDY!

StephanieM
10-09-2010, 10:59 AM
Yesterday we had a call centre wide pot luck, 600 people bringing in various dishes! And the food was everywhere!

I passed up chips and salsa, everything I would normally eat.

I only had two pieces of cheese and a piece of sausage from a meat and cheese tray and stuck to my pre packaged lunch. It was easy if I didn't look at anything hehe.

leeshalulu
10-09-2010, 11:05 AM
I passed up a fresh coconut cake complete with coconut icing. It sat on my bkfst counter for 4 days! Thank God it molded fast! I rock!!!!

sandyfanny
10-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Wow! Fresh coconut cake...now that's a temptation. You ROCK HARD!

fatmad
10-09-2010, 11:01 PM
at the conference I was recently attending, I passed up the continental breakfast complete with danishes and cinnamon buns, went to the hotel restaurant and ordered an omelet.
Lunch was sandwiches, I ordered the egg salad sandwich with no bread thank you......even tho the bread was fresh foccacia.
I didn't have the pie or cookies at coffee break. Had a snack of cheese.

PS, was gone 4 days, including travel days, and difficult schedules, and DIDN"T cheat!, and didn't gain! yippee

sandyfanny
10-10-2010, 08:31 AM
It takes real commitment to pass up all that food - already prepared and sitting right there. Congratulations on exercising your Atkins muscle! :cheer2:

JillyM
10-10-2010, 08:52 AM
Raviolis and bread with butter last night at mom's birthday dinner. I brought my own food! Yay me!

Glamazon08
10-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Fried seafood Friday night... pizza last night... Friday night was harder but my weigh in is on Saturday so that helped! Pizza last night... just ate a few pizza tops and drank lots of water.

StephanieM
10-10-2010, 10:34 AM
It's easy to resist stuff when you're allergic to it, like bread products, but because I have gluten free breads and wraps they've been calling to me lately.

I considered having one slice which would be 14g of carbs, but I told myself no. Maybe in the future, but not now :)

LTs girl
10-10-2010, 01:04 PM
Grilled cheese. ooooey gooooey cheese.....mmmmmmm! I don't know why I love grilled cheese, but I do. Made it for the kids and there were 2 slices left. Threw them in the garbage. Yay me!

islandchick1
10-10-2010, 10:51 PM
I passed on the most delicious hot buttery fresh yeast rolls :drool: when we went and ate at a BBQ place (known for those darn rolls). I just had the brisket with no sauce. It didn't reflect on the scales this week :( BUT it will eventually when TOM has departed :D

islandchick1
10-10-2010, 10:57 PM
We are rocking it girls! On Atkins we seem to be able to pass on a lot of things :D

sandyfanny
10-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Sweet Mary! I love grilled cheese sandwiches; they are my favorite thing ever. My favorite pre-Atkins breakfast was a grilled cheese sandwich with bacon; the diner down the street makes the best ones!

I also think they're awesome for lunch, dinner...anytime. And I like them with lots of very cold milk.

Maybe we could title this post "How I Gained 80 Pounds...":ink:

LTs girl
10-11-2010, 06:07 PM
LOL! Hhhmmmmm, how I gained 60 pounds. I would love to blame the four pregnancies, and they were a contributing factor, but I would have to say that it was mostly: Eating out and lack of exercise.

islandchick1
10-19-2010, 01:34 AM
I went to a quincinera on Sat. They had the most divine looking pineapple/cream cheese filling cake you have ever seen :fr:
I thought, Oh man, I have just got to at least taste that!!!!!! Well, I didn't. I have thought about it EVER since though. I ALMOST bought a danish just so I could get a similiar taste, but I didn't..... BUT I WANTED TOO....UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crossed: Here's hoping it passes.

StephanieM
10-19-2010, 11:42 AM
Oooh, quincinera! That's a tough one to pass up because there is food EVERYWHERE! You are amazing for staying so strong :)

islandchick1
10-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Thanks Steph. Not so sure about being "strong" lol. I ate BEFORE going though,and took a couple of my little quiche things (made super hot) in case of an emergency :lol: I was able to taste little amounts of the regular food, but pretty much stuck with the brisket (no sauce) as my main course.
They had that cake set up right by the fruit table. I also took some water but had a very small amount (about 1/2 c.) of this lemon/limade/cucumber water. I decided my water I brought tasted much better though :)
I left after the presentations AND before they cut the cake :lol:
Now get this: I work with the mother of the girl having the party. The mother brought this HUGE amount of that cake to work and LEFT it on my table :fr:
So rather than fight it ALL DAY, I took a small amount (teaspoonish) and put it on my tongue and "tasted " it then spit it out and washed my mouth out. Now, IF that had been BUTTERCREAM icing, I would have been in BIG, BIG trouble lol. Anyways, the craving is OVER :lol:
I feel like I have passed a major test :)

readyfreddy
10-19-2010, 03:56 PM
yest. even though i had a big dinner I got a little snacky at about 8:30. I was thinking cheese! almonds etc!

I didn't eat a thing (did a teeth whitner instead) and the craving passed because I wasn't actually hungry.

lucky8
10-19-2010, 04:02 PM
tonight i passed up getting a takeaway and mad a healthy pasta bake

Bree 26
10-19-2010, 04:33 PM
HAHAHa your post made me laugh lol .
congrat on passing on that cake!

StephanieM
10-19-2010, 08:58 PM
Today I was at London Drugs picking up coin rollies for my fiance (after my fun jean shopping trip! Whoo hoo new low sizes!), and passed the one thing I could never resist in the past...

Reese Peanut Butter cups on sale! The four packs too. Oh man.

Those are my weakness!

I turned up my head and kept walking. I had to tell myself that I didn't get into these new jeans from eating peanut butter cups! Hehe.

islandchick1
10-19-2010, 11:14 PM
:congrat: everyone :D a little :dust: goes a long, long way :)

AlidaD
10-19-2010, 11:34 PM
It was one of those days at work. The candy bars in the machine looked oh, sooo good about mid-afternoon.

I had more water instead.

MzHopeful
10-19-2010, 11:46 PM
I passed on peanut butter cookie bars w/ peanut butter flavored icing, at moms. And Peanut butter is my weakness all the time let alone when its in a dessert form. :D

StephanieM
10-20-2010, 12:10 PM
MzHopeful, tell me about it!

If peanut butter cups were good for me, I would never eat anything else again.

The sad part about it is the work vending machine just started getting stocked with them the day after I cut sugar *cries*

readyfreddy
10-28-2010, 12:54 AM
We had our halloween party with a group I'm in. You order dinner (burger) that comes w fries.

I passed those up and had a salad.

I also passed up the candy corn on the table.

The mini powdered donut (eyes)

The pumpkin cheesecake.

I was good.

islandchick1
10-28-2010, 01:19 AM
Way to go! I might have had a little trouble passing up that candy corn and those powdered doughnuts :drool: but I'm way proud of you for passing them up :congrat:
Burgers don't really phase me because I really have never liked hamburger buns to begin with. Even before Atkins I was always striping the meat and vegetables out of it to eat :lol: The fries I can take em or leave em.
Doesn't it make you feel great when have the POWER to pass things up? It does me :D

readyfreddy
10-28-2010, 12:44 PM
yes it does!

readyfreddy
10-28-2010, 07:27 PM
Ok so we had our office halloween party

I ate 6 wings and salad.

Here is what I passed up:

Chips and black bean dip
Macaroons
Sugar Cookies
Chocolate Cookies
3 different types of pizza
Jello worms
Pasta
Meat in a pastry shell
Chocolate
etc etc etc

Usually on this day i eat about 3-4 pizza slices and tons of other crap - sneaking back into the lunch room for "breaks" to gorge.

I feel way better today than after I eat all that crap.

katy trail
10-28-2010, 07:35 PM
corn dogs! not so tempting since it gives me a tummy ache and loaded with fat.

islandchick1
10-28-2010, 08:48 PM
WOW! That's some wonderful will power :D WTG!

islandchick1
10-29-2010, 11:12 PM
Sooooo we went to one of my fav. BBQ places here. Passed on those mouth watering rolls again BUT this time I also turned down 1st some bananna pudding THEN a bowl of Blue Bell cookies and cream ice cream :fr:

katy trail
10-29-2010, 11:33 PM
there's your willpower :) this is so fun. i actually think of posting on here when i'm tempted, great motivation to have willpower!

sweetsmmr91
10-29-2010, 11:38 PM
This is great motivation and inspiration to keep me from indulging in the pizza and pound cakes my part time job keeps ordering for us in the break room! :)

readyfreddy
11-01-2010, 11:54 PM
Buttloads of halloween candy! not a piece touched these lips!

islandchick1
11-02-2010, 12:36 PM
WTG!!!! Mine either. In fact I didn't even buy any. :D

readyfreddy
11-02-2010, 01:00 PM
I feel like I have broken my addiction to sugar/carbs. I have a huge bowl of halloween candy on my desk (left overs) NO desire to eat it. I just bought donuts for a meeting today, arranged them all on a plate, and walked away. No desire.

I like losing weight more than I like the sugar!

FINALLY!

Shells
11-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Good on you guys who passed up the hallowe'en candy ..... I am ashamed that I cannot state the same. I won't go into the gory details but suffice to say that I felt like crap yesterday and ended up throwing it into the garbage to get it out of my sight. I am sure it was the sugar etc. that made me feel so badly ... today I feel great.

islandchick1
11-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Readdyfreddy ~ How AWESOME to have that control! :)

Shells ~ At least you threw it away and you recognize that the sugar makes you feel bad. Don't beat yourself up over it :) You're back on track now and that's all that matters :)

sandyfanny
11-02-2010, 07:29 PM
I passed on fast food today. I was on my way home about 5 o'clock and really hungry...fast food was looking good. But I didn't act on the impulse. I came home and am making a chicken casserole for dinner. It's not that my control is so hot at all; it was more that I knew I'd ruin the manicure I just had digging around for money! Whatever works...

Linsy
11-02-2010, 07:37 PM
I am proud to say that I didn't have a single bite of Halloween candy! Not one! It's been tempting me for days but I have managed to stay away. :)

ghostgirl811
11-02-2010, 07:40 PM
several of my teachers had food and candy for us on halloween and i passed most of it up, i had one reese cup i couldnt resist, their my fav

islandchick1
11-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Well feeling like crapola here. Hungry but not. Went to grocery store to get my prescription filled. I was thinking I wanted some soup. It's cold wet and yucky here and soup sounded soooo good. I couldn't find any with a low enough carb ct. Now keep in mind with me feeling like crap I wasn't looking too seriously :lol: Anyways, NOTHING in that dang store sounded too good. So I guess you could say I passed up everything in the store (except some sugar free jello-easy on the throat) :lol:

Does anyone have some suggestion? for the soup? Has to be quick and easy cause I'm not "cooking"

Linsy
11-03-2010, 01:54 AM
I feel the same way! I'm sick and earlier I ate some eggs and bacon but I'm hungry again. Let me know if you think of anything. I was thinking about warming up a cup of broth but that's not really a meal.

SunnyDC
11-03-2010, 02:28 AM
i wish i had come into this thread earlier, because a few weeks ago i ordered some chicken and it came w/ a buttery flaky biscuit that i wanted to eat. but instead i just licked the top and then threw it away. i had to laugh at myself for licking that biscuit! LOL but it's better than eating it!!!!

SunnyDC
11-03-2010, 02:30 AM
i didnt eat any halloween candy eventho the lady at work keeps her candy bowls filled to the brim.

islandchick1
11-03-2010, 09:39 AM
i wish i had come into this thread earlier, because a few weeks ago i ordered some chicken and it came w/ a buttery flaky biscuit that i wanted to eat. but instead i just licked the top and then threw it away. i had to laugh at myself for licking that biscuit! LOL but it's better than eating it!!!!

SunnyDC that's hilarious!!!! :lol:
WTG!!!
I also get tempted by rolls and biscuits.

SunnyDC
11-03-2010, 11:42 AM
SunnyDC that's hilarious!!!! :lol:
WTG!!!
I also get tempted by rolls and biscuits.

biscuits r good! LOL

islandchick1
11-05-2010, 10:53 PM
So we went to my favorite steakhouse called Hoffbraus tonight. I passed up some hot sour dough bread and a LOADED baked potato. I had a cup of broccoli/jalepeno/cheese soup as my appetizer. Had the house salad (basic tossed). Then had 1/2 of a 10 oz. sirloin w/lemon butter and a veggie mix of broccoli, zuccini, and carrots (but took out the carrots because I can't stand cooked carrots -YUK!). I brought home the other half of the steak to go with a salad at lunch tomorrow :)

islandchick1
11-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Today at my job, we had our annual Thanksgiving potluck meal.
Here is the list of what I DID NOT TOUCH :D
1) English Pea Salad
2) Mashed Potatos
3) Squash Casserole
4) Green Bean Casserole
5) Hominy
6) Brocolli Cheese Rice Casserole
7) Homemade Yeast Rolls
8) Candied Yams
9) Regular stuffing
10) Jalepeno Stuffing
11) Oriental Cabbage Salad
12) Lemon Cheese Cake
13) Fruit Salad
14) Pecan Pie
15) Chocolate Delight
16) Cranberry Sauce
~W~~H~~E~~~W!!!!!!!
Here's what I DID eat:
1) Smoked turkey
2) Cauliflower mashed "potatoes" that I brought
3) Green beans that I brought
4) CRUSTLESS Lemon Cheese Cake that I brought.
I ate very moderately and was satisfied while EVERYONE else was groaning and moaning about how full they felt... :lol:

sandyfanny
11-20-2010, 02:28 PM
Wow, Islandchick...will of steel! That's quite the list you passed on. It's me and the hushpuppies again...A big piping hot basket of them on the bar (and what was I doing at the bar?). I considered it a victory I only ate two. One does what one can. It's a struggle lately.

islandchick1
11-20-2010, 04:59 PM
Thanks Sandyfanny! I knew there would be food galore, so I had to prepare ahead of time. And amazingly, I was ok eating the things that I brought, instead of all the other. Congrats! on just eating two hushpuppies :)

islandchick1
11-26-2010, 05:18 PM
I did soooooo good at Thanksgiving. Here's everything I passed on:
1) Homemade yeast rolls
2) Giblet gravy
3) Jalepeno cornbread stuffing
4) buttery corn
5) Regular mashed potatoes
6) Garlic mashed potatoes
7) English pea salad
8) Macoroni salad
9) Fruit salad/heavenly hash
8) Apple pie
9) Pecan pie
10) Lemon pie
11) Chocolate pie
12) pumpkin pie

What I DID eat was:
Cauliflower "mashed potatoes"
Green beans
Ham
small piece of turkey
Crustless lemon cheese cake
:dancer: :dancer: :dancer:
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

sandyfanny
12-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Yesterday, on the way home from work, I was so hungry, but I passed up lots of fast food, went home to discover the sausage I thought I was going to cook for a quick dinner had MOLD on it...a new package!

I had NOTHING to make for dinner, so I made a quick trip to the grocery, shopped on plan, and passed up the fast food AGAIN...although it crossed my tiny brain that I was really too tired to cook. I came home and made a quick Atkins dinner and cooked up some chocolate cheesecake muffins...AWESOME!

sandyfanny
12-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Out to dinner last night...I passed up the bread basket, no problem. My dinner companion asked for the dessert menu and offered to split one with me. "No, thanks..." She ordered chocolate mousse and offered me a bite, "No, thanks, I have some cheesecake muffins at home. I might have one later." And I did. I was also tempted to eat again really late last night...but I just went to sleep.

kittycarlson
12-05-2010, 04:50 PM
I was at a funeral Saturday. Passed up the funeral hot dish and cake as well as the cesaer salad.But more importantly I stayed at my mother's and passes up over and over again.. the homemade cranberry cake with lots of butter sauce. One of our family favorites. (I could eat 1/2 cup of that sauce on one piece of cake hmmm)

islandchick1
12-07-2010, 12:53 AM
wtg!!!!!! Sandyfanny and kittycarlson :D
I am working in a den of temptaion now..:lol:
I started a new job at a natoinal grocer's as mgr. of the floral dept. No big deal EXCEPT my department is right next to their most awesome deli and across from their bakery :fr: :fr: :fr: :lol:
I am able to stay on track though. I just take my homemade whatevers and eat my good stuff right along with the other employees. I am sure they are wondering what "smells soooo good?" :lol:

sandyfanny
12-19-2010, 09:26 AM
Last night I didn't touch the appetizer at Chili's my dinner companion ordered: loaded french fries. :devil:

Then she ordered pasta with alfredo as her entree...she's 4' 11" and pudgy. She's only 30 - that metabolism won't last forever. But I kept my thoughts to myself...and ate my chicken fajitas (minus the tortillas) with sour cream, lettuce, tomato, and cheese. No problem.

islandchick1
12-20-2010, 12:20 AM
:D You're rocking it Sandyfanny :D WTG!!!!

sandyfanny
12-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Wow, Islandchick...I just looked at how much weight you've lost since August, over 50 pounds! I need to go back and look at your posts to see what you typically eat. I think you posted that once? What are the secrets to your success (besides staying on plan)? I'd like to try it your way after Christmas...Thanks for the kind words.

islandchick1
12-21-2010, 01:34 AM
Sandyfanny I just had to find what works for me. Basically, everday I eat 4-5 scrambled eggs for breakfast with 5 pieces of bacon. This is like everyday. I know some people don't like breakfast, I do. Always have. I can go without lunch and even supper if need be, but I have to have breakfast. I usually, but not always take my lunch. If I have to buy my lunch I quiz the deli people about what they put into their tuna salad (REAL mayo or not, apples?, ect.) so if I think it's safe I'll eat that. But usually it's whatever I made the night before for my supper. OR I'll make a salad with lettuce, cheese, cucumber, celery, sliced ham, cauliflower, 1 small roma tomato, and sliced red pepper with some ranch dressing I make myself -ZERO carbs. For supper, it's usually a cabbage and beef stir fry. I think I've posted before the things I put into it. I also make the cauliflower soup pretty often. Last night I made a vegetable spicy beef soup. My work is a lot more demanding now, so I just try to plan a few days ahead. I still eat the HWC and lemon cheese cake thing when I feel like I just have got to have a treat. It's just easier for me to basically eat the same things each week. It just takes the guess work out of it. Oh yeah, I eat quite a bit of the cheese crakers that we all make. I really like to eat a whole slice of cheese sprinkled with cinnamon and splenda. It just reminds me so much of cinnamon toast.

sandyfanny
12-21-2010, 07:36 AM
Thank you, Islandchick. I think my breakfasts tend to be too small - an Atkins shake on the run, nothing, part of my lunch later in the morning (all of this at work). I get up at 5:30 and don't want to cook or eat. If I have the sausage and egg quiche already made, I'll microwave a slice for breakfast.

Lunches for the past month or so have been minus veggies - chicken salad, pork rinds (I stopped taking salads every day because I'm too lazy to make them the night before). Dinner's been meat or chicken, cheese, again no veggies. Then I've been having a cheesecake muffin or two every night with whipped cream. No wonder my scales are sort of stuck...no veggies, too much cheese and cream, not enough water. I'm still in ketosis according to the stix, but I'm either not losing or losing very slowly. I've also been eating out two or three times a week, more often than usual and having a couple of drinks on Friday night. Hmmmm....this is not working for me! I have to get seriously busy if I'm going to continue losing. I appreciate your help.

sandyfanny
12-27-2010, 10:11 AM
I passed up a big list of things Christmas Eve and Christmas Day: yeast rolls, mashed potatoes, creamy cheese grits (I LOVE grits), wine and liquor (I volunteered to be the DD).

I'm back home and have to go to the grocery store today. I'll be buying Atkins for sure.

Linsy
12-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Yep, I passed up rolls, potatoes, sugary glazed carrots, and maybe some other stuff (I didn't really pay attention). I also passed up like 6 different yummy looking desserts. I'm proud to say I haven't had a drink of eggnog all season, even though it's my absolute FAVORITE.

sandyfanny
12-30-2010, 04:18 PM
Passed up freshly baked focaccia bread brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with kosher salt and rosemary. I just ate my shrimp salad and mixed greens.

sandyfanny
01-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Dinner at Macaroni Grill last night. Passed up the yummy hot rosemary bread and the amazing (and almost 1300 calorie and 31 carb) lemon passion cake. I ordered the chicken spiedini (chicken grilled on skewers with grilled veggies) and a green salad, green peppercorn dressing. I ate half of my dinner and packed the rest for lunch today.

abluvion
01-02-2011, 06:24 PM
sandy - you sure face a lot of temptation! WTG passing on everything :)

So today was my start date. I have never done Atkins before, so this is all new to me. I have been looking forward to this day for over a week now since I got the book and have set my mind to starting. So then what happens? We have unexpected house guests. They bring food. Lots of it.

Crackers, tortilla chips, cheese dip, baby carrots, cake, ice cream, mashed potatoes, reese's, hard candies. Pretty much any category of snack food was covered. I had a moment first thing in the morning when I thought, I could start tomorrow. But I remembered how excited I was to finally start and said NO, I will not put this off another day! And here I am, house guest-free, having passed on every single non-Induction friendly temptation. Whew. I made sure to send the food with them home, too!

Zumbachica
01-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Wow Abluvion, I am impressed...I don't think I would have been able to control myself....
today my husband made a chocolate chambord cake from scratch with real whipped cream.....I didn't have any because I know how badly I want this and how much my Jeans literally HURT today when I wore them...so I whipped up some heavy cream for myself with some splenda and had a few tbls of that and felt like i had dessert also.....pretty proud of myself....

sandyfanny
01-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Wow, Zumbachica...I've made chocolate chambord cakes...unbelievable! And awesome that you made your own dessert. My husband used to bring my favorite candy, suggest we go out for ice cream, etc...the first time I was on Atkins. No thanks.

And abluvion good for you! We've been tested mightly this weekend, but held tight. Have a great week. It's back to school for me tomorrow. Bleh.

islandchick1
01-02-2011, 11:25 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....thank goodness Christmas and New Year's have come and gone. I won't post all the things I passed up like I usually do, but it was ALOT :D. Rather than stick to Induction level carb count I went up into owl so I could enjoy a little bit of the wonderful things. I'm down to 215.
I am jumping back down to Induction to give myself a little boost right before TOM.
Good job everyone :D!

abluvion
01-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Okay, Day 2, the cake and ice cream that are still in the kitchen are starting to call me. I can hear them..... Come eat me! I am so sugary sweet! You miss stuffing yourself full of empty carbs, don't you?

....... Texted the boy and told him the cake needs to go tonight, either find an out of sight home or get tossed. I hadn't even thought of the ice cream in the freezer until I saw the cake on the counter. That cake. It is an evil cake.

sandyfanny
01-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Good for you, Islandchick! Congratulations on your weight loss and kudos to you, abluvion, for making other arrangements for that cake and ice cream. I passed on candy at work - there's more food at school than in the grocery store. Have a good week.

yoyoma
01-08-2011, 07:09 AM
I didn't think I would be posting in this thread since I am so used to turning down sweets that it has become habit. My boss routinely drops by my cubical with a box of munchkins, there are often home baked goodies in the break room, the pantry is stuffed with holiday goodies, and my (skinny) daughter and husband both eat ice cream with home made fudge sauce every night.

But... yesterday someone visiting my daughter brought an entire box of pastries. These were literally the most delicious looking pastries I've ever seen. They are coated in chocolate and look like enormous decorated bonbons. Part of my problem is that I am curious -- I love trying new foods, so I have a non-craving urge to try them. And each one is unique, so I would love to sample each one!

On top of that, my daughter ate just 1/2 of one pastry. Good for her! That's why she's skinny. She only eats as much as she wants ever. But that means that I had to also deal with a half-eaten pastry, with all its lovely interior layers on display for me (triggering the closest thing I've had to a real craving recently). My husband ate the rest as soon as he got home, but that was quite late.

The rest of the pastries are now out of sight, so I'm probably fine. But that was a close one! I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't been on Atkins Induction!

islandchick1
01-23-2011, 11:05 PM
"Would you like to buy some Girl Scout Cookies?" "Would you like to buy some Girl Scout Cookies?" "Would you like to buy some Girl Scout Cookies?" "Would you like to buy some Girl Scout Cookies?" "Would you like to buy some Girl Scout Cookies?" UUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I have been hearing that phrase over and over and over ALL WEEKEND. The sweet little girls "set up shop" right outside my department. I felt like they were Children of the Corn and were trying to hypnotize me into buying some of MY FAVS.....those shortbread lemon ones :dizzy: I have resisted the droning phrase....so far....................... :lol:

BrainBabiesBe
01-24-2011, 03:12 PM
Things I've didn't eat today:
1. Gluten-free warm cereal w/ brown sugar and butter
2. GF freshly baked chocolate chip cookies
3. Those "hostess gift" chocolate truffles sitting in my fridge from last weekend.

B.

jefferzzzz
01-25-2011, 12:20 AM
One of my friends from Philly sent me a 10# box of homemade chocolates... Chocolate covered bacon, choc covered Ruffles potato chips, almond bark, Choc covered caramel, fudge, White choc squares and Oatmeal Raisin cookies.

Yeah, it took a LOT of willpower, but I did not have any. I gave them to my parents who appreciated them a LOT! Luckily, i'm more of a milk, pasta and bread carb addict hehe.

Linsy
01-25-2011, 12:48 AM
Chocolate covered BACON? Ew! Chocolate covered potato chips sound surprisingly good.

desiresdestiny
01-25-2011, 12:55 AM
cake......
I really wanted to eat it but we went out for dinner yesterday and that was a hugh splurge meal so today after a good workout and good eating NNOOOOO cake.....

islandchick1
01-25-2011, 10:01 AM
WTG!!!!! Jefferzzzz and desiresdestiny! :) It gets to be automatic saying NO to the things we know we can't have and be healthy. GOOD JOB :)