Old 12-06-2010, 11:53 PM   #61  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

wtg!!!!!! Sandyfanny and kittycarlson
I am working in a den of temptaion now..
I started a new job at a natoinal grocer's as mgr. of the floral dept. No big deal EXCEPT my department is right next to their most awesome deli and across from their bakery
I am able to stay on track though. I just take my homemade whatevers and eat my good stuff right along with the other employees. I am sure they are wondering what "smells soooo good?"
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:26 AM   #62  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Chili's apppetizer...

Last night I didn't touch the appetizer at Chili's my dinner companion ordered: loaded french fries.

Then she ordered pasta with alfredo as her entree...she's 4' 11" and pudgy. She's only 30 - that metabolism won't last forever. But I kept my thoughts to myself...and ate my chicken fajitas (minus the tortillas) with sour cream, lettuce, tomato, and cheese. No problem.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:20 PM   #63  
Native Texan

You're rocking it Sandyfanny WTG!!!!
Old 12-20-2010, 08:50 AM   #64  
Less Juicey

Wow, Islandchick...I just looked at how much weight you've lost since August, over 50 pounds! I need to go back and look at your posts to see what you typically eat. I think you posted that once? What are the secrets to your success (besides staying on plan)? I'd like to try it your way after Christmas...Thanks for the kind words.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:34 AM   #65  
Native Texan

Sandyfanny I just had to find what works for me. Basically, everday I eat 4-5 scrambled eggs for breakfast with 5 pieces of bacon. This is like everyday. I know some people don't like breakfast, I do. Always have. I can go without lunch and even supper if need be, but I have to have breakfast. I usually, but not always take my lunch. If I have to buy my lunch I quiz the deli people about what they put into their tuna salad (REAL mayo or not, apples?, ect.) so if I think it's safe I'll eat that. But usually it's whatever I made the night before for my supper. OR I'll make a salad with lettuce, cheese, cucumber, celery, sliced ham, cauliflower, 1 small roma tomato, and sliced red pepper with some ranch dressing I make myself -ZERO carbs. For supper, it's usually a cabbage and beef stir fry. I think I've posted before the things I put into it. I also make the cauliflower soup pretty often. Last night I made a vegetable spicy beef soup. My work is a lot more demanding now, so I just try to plan a few days ahead. I still eat the HWC and lemon cheese cake thing when I feel like I just have got to have a treat. It's just easier for me to basically eat the same things each week. It just takes the guess work out of it. Oh yeah, I eat quite a bit of the cheese crakers that we all make. I really like to eat a whole slice of cheese sprinkled with cinnamon and splenda. It just reminds me so much of cinnamon toast.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:36 AM   #66  
Less Juicey

Thank you, Islandchick. I think my breakfasts tend to be too small - an Atkins shake on the run, nothing, part of my lunch later in the morning (all of this at work). I get up at 5:30 and don't want to cook or eat. If I have the sausage and egg quiche already made, I'll microwave a slice for breakfast.

Lunches for the past month or so have been minus veggies - chicken salad, pork rinds (I stopped taking salads every day because I'm too lazy to make them the night before). Dinner's been meat or chicken, cheese, again no veggies. Then I've been having a cheesecake muffin or two every night with whipped cream. No wonder my scales are sort of stuck...no veggies, too much cheese and cream, not enough water. I'm still in ketosis according to the stix, but I'm either not losing or losing very slowly. I've also been eating out two or three times a week, more often than usual and having a couple of drinks on Friday night. Hmmmm....this is not working for me! I have to get seriously busy if I'm going to continue losing. I appreciate your help.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:11 AM   #67  
Less Juicey

I passed up a big list of things Christmas Eve and Christmas Day: yeast rolls, mashed potatoes, creamy cheese grits (I LOVE grits), wine and liquor (I volunteered to be the DD).

I'm back home and have to go to the grocery store today. I'll be buying Atkins for sure.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:45 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

Yep, I passed up rolls, potatoes, sugary glazed carrots, and maybe some other stuff (I didn't really pay attention). I also passed up like 6 different yummy looking desserts. I'm proud to say I haven't had a drink of eggnog all season, even though it's my absolute FAVORITE.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:18 PM   #69  
Less Juicey

Passed up freshly baked focaccia bread brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with kosher salt and rosemary. I just ate my shrimp salad and mixed greens.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:16 AM   #70  
Less Juicey

Dinner at Macaroni Grill last night. Passed up the yummy hot rosemary bread and the amazing (and almost 1300 calorie and 31 carb) lemon passion cake. I ordered the chicken spiedini (chicken grilled on skewers with grilled veggies) and a green salad, green peppercorn dressing. I ate half of my dinner and packed the rest for lunch today.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:24 PM   #71  

Height: 5'7"

sandy - you sure face a lot of temptation! WTG passing on everything

So today was my start date. I have never done Atkins before, so this is all new to me. I have been looking forward to this day for over a week now since I got the book and have set my mind to starting. So then what happens? We have unexpected house guests. They bring food. Lots of it.

Crackers, tortilla chips, cheese dip, baby carrots, cake, ice cream, mashed potatoes, reese's, hard candies. Pretty much any category of snack food was covered. I had a moment first thing in the morning when I thought, I could start tomorrow. But I remembered how excited I was to finally start and said NO, I will not put this off another day! And here I am, house guest-free, having passed on every single non-Induction friendly temptation. Whew. I made sure to send the food with them home, too!
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Wow Abluvion, I am impressed...I don't think I would have been able to control myself....
today my husband made a chocolate chambord cake from scratch with real whipped cream.....I didn't have any because I know how badly I want this and how much my Jeans literally HURT today when I wore them...so I whipped up some heavy cream for myself with some splenda and had a few tbls of that and felt like i had dessert also.....pretty proud of myself....
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:12 PM   #73  
Less Juicey

Wow, Zumbachica...I've made chocolate chambord cakes...unbelievable! And awesome that you made your own dessert. My husband used to bring my favorite candy, suggest we go out for ice cream, etc...the first time I was on Atkins. No thanks.

And abluvion good for you! We've been tested mightly this weekend, but held tight. Have a great week. It's back to school for me tomorrow. Bleh.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:25 PM   #74  
Native Texan

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....thank goodness Christmas and New Year's have come and gone. I won't post all the things I passed up like I usually do, but it was ALOT . Rather than stick to Induction level carb count I went up into owl so I could enjoy a little bit of the wonderful things. I'm down to 215.
I am jumping back down to Induction to give myself a little boost right before TOM.
Good job everyone !
Old 01-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #75  

Height: 5'7"

Okay, Day 2, the cake and ice cream that are still in the kitchen are starting to call me. I can hear them..... Come eat me! I am so sugary sweet! You miss stuffing yourself full of empty carbs, don't you?

....... Texted the boy and told him the cake needs to go tonight, either find an out of sight home or get tossed. I hadn't even thought of the ice cream in the freezer until I saw the cake on the counter. That cake. It is an evil cake.
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote