LA Weight Loss - August 20-26 LAWL Losers and Friends

Heather115
08-20-2007, 09:04 AM
Well, here I am starting the new thread for the week. I hope I got the dates right! :)

Been a great week for me - the ounces keep dropping off. I'm so excited! When you do this plan the way they tell you to, it really works. I've dieted for so long that when I started on this, I was sure I knew a better way to do it. I kept trying to change it up. I gave in after a week or so of just confusing myself and lo and behold, it does work without any of my bright ideas to mess it up! I love it!

Anyone heard about ControlTrim at their COD? Ours is taking pre-orders because they expect it to go very quickly. I know it's supposed to speed up weightloss and that it was developed by the USDA. There's a pill form that you take before meals or a powder form that you can use as a fat replacement. If I took the pill, that would be 6 more pills added to the pile I'm already taking everyday. I'm going to wait until I hit a plateau that I can't jump off of before I add or change anything.

Hope everyone else is POP and having a great day so far!

Repo girl
08-20-2007, 09:30 AM
Good morning everyone! We had a wonderful weekend. Saturday my uncle got married. Their wedding was so sweet, and the after party was great. We drank and danced until midnight. Very fun. Yesterday DH and I took the kids for a drive up into the mountains near our house. We found a yearling moose standing off to the side of the road. He stood and stared at us for long time. We got a lot of pictures. The kids were so excited. Then, a little further down the road, we ran into a herd of 3 mule deer that froze and stared at us while we took pictures. It was so great. The kids start school on Wednesday, so I have plenty to do to be ready for that.

Have a fantastic day everybody!

aguerin
08-20-2007, 09:45 AM
GM all and GL with the WL this week.

Had a great weekend, but boy was I hungry all the time and I don't feel that well either. I have picked up drinking diet drinks again and ate some pork ribs from the grill on Saturday night so I think that is what is driving this funk that I am in. Got to give up the diet drinks. The scale hasn't moved for me since the first of last week.

My two DS brought home a baby deer on Friday night that they rescued out of a cave it had falled down in. It is so pretty, but I have begged them to turn it loose. I know it wants it's mama, but not sure where she is.

Not much else going on. I pretty much stayed on the couch yesterday because I wasn't feeling well. I missed church last night, so I won't be fun to be around this week. I need the extra service to be presentable through the week. :D

bayoubelle68
08-20-2007, 10:07 AM
Good morning, guys. I'll be home today with DD. She was up ALL night coughing and didn't sleep until 4 AM. I spoke to the night nurse at 3:30 and she said that I really need to bring DD in this morning since they've treated 2 dozen cases of pneumonia in the past week. Please pray that it's not pneumonia! We had already tried everything that the nurse suggested except for 1/2 teaspoon of corn syrup. Wouldn't you know it? That's what worked! When she finally passed out at 4, I just stayed up and did lesson plans and worksheets for my sub for today. I called our assistant principal at 6 to tell her needed a sub and, thank goodness, she was sweet about it. She isn't always. It probably helped that I was nearly in tears from worry and exhaustion. I went to the school and got everything ready, so hopefully the sub won't have any trouble.

The good news is that I was down 3 pounds at WI on Saturday. Just 7 more pounds and I'll be in Two-Topia!! My goal is to be there by Labor Day.

MomOfThreeTeens
08-20-2007, 10:21 AM
Well its definitely Monday-I got something on my pants and had to change before I ever left the house. Then I dropped my cottage cheese in the floor and the container busted so had to not only clean it up but get something else ready for lunch at work today, grrrr!!! Hope everybody elses Monday started better than mine!

Felicia-Sorry your DD isnt feeling well but congrats on the weight loss girlie! You're doing great!

Heather-I just got to meet the other Kim from TN. She said you wanted to get together, sounds great to me! Maybe a cup of coffee at Starbucks or something. Just let me know when and I'll be there!

Well freakin TOM is killin me again! I've got to get these hormonal munchies under control! I'm supposed to start maintenance next week!

Everybody else, have an absolutely amazing week!

Catway8
08-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Good morning everyone,

Well it's Monday again my weekend starts tomorrow. I have to work from 12-4 but thats not too bad then I am off till Thursday. I went for weigh in this morning and the scale showed 2 pounds less so I was happy. Hope everyone has a good day. Off to work for me. Bye for now folks. :)

Joni135
08-20-2007, 11:05 AM
Amy - I do hope the baby deer finds it's mommy; if not do you have any other place you can bring it? I cannot imagine what I'd do if kids brought home a deer!

Felicia - prayers for your DD. Let us know what the docs say. I'll have to remember the corn syrup next time I have a bad cough and fever! Look out - two topia lurks at your door!

Gotta run...appointments with dermatologist and therapist today. Oh what fun...not really...but gotta take care of myself....Got my workout in already...2 dog walks and 25 minute walk/run on the treadmill. I feel good right now!

chiquita623
08-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Good Morning WL Buddies. Well, like Kim said - it's a Monday!! That's about as much as I can say about that!! On the good side of things, tomorrow is Tuesday and Tuesday surely can't be as bad as Mondays. Had a pretty good weekend. Yesterday was the twin grandsons 2nd birthday party so was not POP but I did my best. I go WI today so we'll see what the COD says. I'm doing TO tomorrow and Wednesday so hopefully that will get me off this plateau that I seem to be on. At this point I'm ready to try anything. Enough of my blabbering. Hope everyone has a POP week and hope this is a great week in general!! I'll be back later.

emmysmom
08-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Good Morning everyone!!! :wave:

Sherry - Pierogies...yummy, yummy, yummy! I haven't had ANY since I started back on plan. When I was pregnant, that is ALL that I ate! Seriously, pierogies for breakfast, lunch and dinner...no wonder I gained 50 pounds:o

Liza - I love new phones. I need to get a new one myself...I like to take pictures of my DD and the phone that I have now keeps freezing up on me.

LeaAnn - Huge CONGRATS on the teaching job! You must be so excited!

Joni - you can't get rid of me that easily :nono: I've just been lurking this weekend. I did think of you yesterday because there was a Scrabble tournament or something like that on ESPN:)

Felicia - corn syrup? Really? What does that do? My prayers are with your DD. My DH was in the hospital with pneumonia in April and it wasn't fun...and with children, it's just that much worse - at least on the parents;)

Katie - sounds like you had a really nice time at the wedding.

Katy66
08-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Good Monday morning everyone! Just back to work after our 5 day camping vacation in TN. It was wonderful! DD loved the trip to Dollywood. We did lots of hiking and swimming. Can't say that I was POP, lots of liquid starches and fruits...and munchies as well since the TOM hit as we were leaving. Didn't do horribly but wasn't that good either. Guess the scale will tell on Friday.

No time for catching up and personals right now, just want to say HI! Hope all you losers had a great weekend and that Monday is not too punishing:)

MomOfThreeTeens
08-20-2007, 11:35 AM
Katy-Glad you had a good trip to TN and Dollywood! I'd like to go for the Craft Festival this fall, havent been in a few years!

bradleys mom
08-20-2007, 12:10 PM
GM Girls! Hope everyone had a great weekend! I did!

I went to WI this morning, and apparently I am at a plateau, already. Since Friday I have been POP water and all and I am still stuck! Aghh! So I am doing TO tomorrow and Wednesday hoping that will kick start my engine back up! Also I am going to start walking again this week, it has been so hot I havent even dared exercising outside!

I start back to school this week keep me in your prayers! I hope the stress doesnt hurt my weight loss this week!!!

Hope you all have a great week!

LizzyW
08-20-2007, 12:22 PM
GM everyone,

Well I have a great NSV to tell you all, at least it is to me. The kids had pancake and sausage on a stick last night and believe it or not, I had a salad. How wonderful is that. I could have easily grabbed one of those myself, but did not. Can't say I didn't have a little taste though. But I am very proud of myself.

I am still sitting at 172 and hope to see some change this week. TOM is also coming and can see a slight gain from that. But I have been walking my kids to school every morning for 4 days now and it really feels good to be able to do that now because they start school sooner. They really enjoy it when I can do that too and it is so worth it to enjoy our walks, even if it is to school.

Glad to see everyone had a nice weekend. WE went to see Underdog yesterday and I didn't get any popcorn, just a bottle of water. Alex got some Dibs and Danny got a pickle. Can't say I didn't have a little of both. But I was mostly good. The bad thing I can say is that I had McDonalds for lunch. Chicken nuggets and fries, but it was a kids meals. That counts doesn't it. But I still take pride in not having the popcorn, nor the pancake and sausage on a stick. We were grocery shopping and the kids wanted something to eat and there was an MD's in Walmart, so we stopped there. Anyway, I am going to work really hard to work that off.

Well, have to go and get some work done. Talk more with everyone later. Congrats to all the losses and keep up the good work.

Liz
XOXOXO

galachick
08-20-2007, 12:58 PM
Hello Friends,

With school starting back, work has been never ending. I feel like I am treading water and every now and then a big wave knocks me over. Gosh, I'm glad I love my job :D!

I have WI today. I don't expect the scales to move much. TOM was here last week and I had some serious chocolate cravings... My counselor said, "Do you have to have the chocolate??? I mean do you have to have it???" I looked and her and said "No... but I don't think prison food would be good for my plan either... so I'll opt for the chocolate!"

Go to run. I'll try and catch up on personals later.

MomOfThreeTeens
08-20-2007, 01:07 PM
"Do you have to have the chocolate??? I mean do you have to have it???" I looked and her and said "No... but I don't think prison food would be good for my plan either... so I'll opt for the chocolate!"

LOL Renee I love it!! Thats how I feel, freakin hormones!

Mama Nicole
08-20-2007, 01:29 PM
Kim....had to laugh when you were talking about your clumsy morning. That is me every TOM. I hate that :)

Well, I am going to go to the fabric store either this afternoon or tomorrow to start my first projects for my business. I did purchase my domain, and my website will be called nicolemassie.com. Pretty original, eh? LOL. I did it that way so that it can be more versital with my products. I do want to include the flannel baby quilts I make for all the babies in the family and maybe get crazy and put homemade play dough or something like that on there. I want to keep my market open so that whatever raises interest I can go with. If you go to my site, there is nothing there yet, as I have completely stumped myself with building it. It has be rather frustrated, as I can usually figure out computer problems......but we'll see what DH has to say about it one of these nights this week. I am so getting excited about sewing......I love creating things :)

So far.........LOL, I just had a typo and it read "So fart.......!" LOL, anyway..........so far I am POP. Not so much with the birthday celebration and all......but not too shabby. I will WI tomorrow after I drink the Mississppi River.

I hope you are all having a great day.......and I will truly try to catch up with personals soon. I think the 28 pints of jelly last week is what got me so behind......lol.

I miss Kristen and Cassi and Wendys and Kims..........

XOXO

Mama Nicole
08-20-2007, 01:34 PM
Oh, and Katie.....I meant to tell you........your weekend sounds like it was absolutely perfect :)
XOXO

bayoubelle68
08-20-2007, 01:56 PM
DD has a touch of bronchitis - which kind of sounds like "a little bit pregnant." I mean, either you have it or you don't! Anyway, the doc prescribed 4 meds so we can get it knocked out quickly.

As far as what the corn syrup does, I was told that something in the corn syrup "thins the secretions in the throat." Whatever. If she's coughing as bad tonight, I'm liable to just hand her the bottle of corn syrup with a drinking straw in it!

Nicole - yeah, I hear you on original website names. Mine is just feliciapate.com. My business URL is ddesigns4you.com, but it's easier to just tell people my name! Speaking of which, I really need to update my website! It's severely not up to date! I actually did pull the shopping cart down a while back because I need to add all of my newer stuff!

Hey, does anyone know how to count grits on the plan? This will probably have to be answered by a southern gal. The rest of you are probably thinking, "What the heck is a grit?" Quick definition: "they" take kernels of corn, soak them in lye and remove the outside casing. The inner kernel swells and becomes hominy. The hominy is then dried and ground into "pellets" a little bigger than course-ground cornmeal. It can then be cooked with either water or milk until it's sort of Cream of Wheat consistency. It's very similar to polenta.

equinetcan
08-20-2007, 02:00 PM
Hi everyone, happy monday.

I go back to work tomorrow for my last 3 day week and then back to the normal grind again.

I signed the final offer papers today so now just have to wait for the inspection results on friday and the financing letter to come through likely thursday and such. Then it'll just be a matter of waiting the 2 months till closing. At least I'll have lots of time to pack and such. I gotta get some more boxes though. I'll have to see if my ex can get me some on his travels through the day. He can usually gets lots very easily.

My aunt comes sometime today and then tonight I have a Mary Kay pampering thingy. I think the girl wants me to try and sell but I am not ready for that yet. But I'll go get the info and see what they have to say about it.

Well, must go get ready to head over to mom's and se if my aunt is there yet.

I'll check in again later....

lizababe
08-20-2007, 02:06 PM
Felicia - sorry about your DD. Sending healing thoughts her way :-) I'm pretty sure grits would be a starch.

Nicole - good luck on the website! If I know of any pending babies I'll order from you for sure! In fact... I might anyway for my niece who was born in April. Her parents are jerks but that doesn't mean I can't do something nice for her.

Good luck to everyone going back to school today!

Liz - good job passing up the kid's food! I do that too with my daughter.. just give me a taste. No I don't want my own.. I just want a taste.

Renee - I LOVE your answer to the COD!

My weekend was pretty good. I caught up with old friends that I've neglected for too long and had some great laughs. I've got someone tempting me to get back into the dating thing again... we'll see how that goes. I slammed the door on that scenario a long time ago but maybe it's time to dust off the cobwebs.

Hope you're all having a POP day and making it through fires, hurricanes and heat waves!

Ah this time next week I'll be hitting the road.....

angelbretsmom
08-20-2007, 02:07 PM
hi!

Happy Monday, I was on POP for Sunday not saturday hubby and I went out to supper and then to a friends house party and of course I had some coors lite, and some a few drinks of rum, so I need to really down the water today I did yesterday as well and even had hot lemon water too, also drank that again today. and tons of water,
I am hoping that will help before I go weigh in tomorrow, the scale showed I was up a pound today when I step on it at home.
Anyone else have advise for when you indulge a little too much how can we get rid of it??? help

Stacie

MomOfThreeTeens
08-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Felicia-I think 1/2 cups of grits is a starch just like oatmeal. I love grits, but I want mine floating in butter so I tend to stay away from them! LOL

CandlePrincess
08-20-2007, 03:00 PM
ohhhh grits! for me 1/2 cup is a starch.....but i don't let myself have them on this plan because i need butter and sometimes sugar...ohhhhh and maple syrup.......and then i want some fried okra and if i'm going to have that i should have fried chicken...and of course real mashed potatos and then of course gravy! So i just don't start....LOL

My rant kind of reminds of the book "if you give a pig a pancake".....lol

Repo girl
08-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Haha, or "If you give a moose a muffin"....."If you give a girl on LAWL a Hersheys bar".......

Katy66
08-20-2007, 03:09 PM
GRITS, yummy.....can't do the sugar thing though. I'm a true Southerner - butter, salt and pepper. OH and there is this ribs joint here called 12 Bones that makes some wonderful Jalepeno Cheese Grits.

angelbretsmom
08-20-2007, 03:19 PM
so does anyone know how much water is too much since I over indulged on Sat, I wanted to flush my system out,

emmysmom
08-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Felicia (and all the other grit fans)...I found this on the laathome website...

Recipes: Garlic Grits
Nutritional Value
1 Starch

Ingredients
3 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 tsp Morton Lite Salt®
1 cup quick cooking grits (not instant)
1 tsp garlic powder
2 roasted garlic cloves, chopped
2 Tbsp light margarine

How to Prepare
Combine water, milk, and salt in medium pot. Bring to a boil.
Stir in grits slowly. Bring back to a boil, stirring for 1 minute.
Reduce heat to low. Add garlic powder, stir.
Cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Grits should have a thick, yet creamy texture.
More water may be added during cooking if grits appear too thick; try adding 1/4 cup of water at a time.
Stir in margarine and roasted garlic just before serving.

Servings: : Makes 6 servings
Serving size: 1/3 cup cooked

MomOfThreeTeens
08-20-2007, 03:21 PM
Man Katy that sounds yummy!! And NO I dont want sweet grits either, just butter and salt...shhhh dont tell Dan!!!

Katy66
08-20-2007, 03:23 PM
They are very good, obviously I haven't been able to eat there lately....just can't find much on plan at 12 Bones:)

Thanks for the recipe Tina, it does sound like a nice substitute.

Repo girl
08-20-2007, 03:33 PM
so does anyone know how much water is too much since I over indulged on Sat, I wanted to flush my system out,

Don't drink more than a gallon per day. That is about as much as your body can process.

MomOfThreeTeens
08-20-2007, 03:37 PM
I'm a celebrity! LOL I'm on the LAAthome website heres the link if it works...

http://mylaweightlossdiary.blogspot.com/2007/08/tennessee-mom-discovers-fountain-of.html

I didnt write the BLOG, one of the girls in the PR department had me on the phone for 45 minutes answering questions then she wrote whats on the blog from my answers.

Repo girl
08-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Wow, Kim, that is fantastic! Good for you!

Mama Nicole
08-20-2007, 03:48 PM
Wtg Kim!!!

Angie
08-20-2007, 03:53 PM
Heather – I just hate to take pills, even vitamins are a real chore for me, so I doubt I’ll order the Control Trim. Of course, if I see pounds flying off everyone who is using it, I might change my mind!

Katie – Share some of your moose pics please! That must have been awesome.

Felicia – Good job on your 3lbs loss! I’m sorry to hear that your DD is so under the weather. I really hope that it’s nothing as serious as pneumonia, and that she’ll have a quick recovery. I would treat grits as a starch too, and maybe call it 1/3c = 1S, like rice…but it’s just a guess.

Joni – What a busy day! Sounds like a good one though, exercise followed by pampering, yum.

Liz – The walks to school in the morning sound nice. How was the movie?

Kim in TN (Kim #2) – Wow, you are our own celebrity! WTG!

chiquita623
08-20-2007, 03:56 PM
Congrats Kim on being our very own celebrity!!!

chiquita623
08-20-2007, 04:02 PM
Good Afternoon All. Went to the COD today on my lunch hour and much to my surprise - I was down 2.4 lbs!!! I am so excited. DBF and I are going to Talladega in October for the Nascar race and then down to the Gulf (weather permitting) so am hoping to be down to 169 by then. (Just want the satisfaction of being in the 160's.) Anyway, just wanted to share my news since I posted this morning about being on a plateau. Thanks for listening.

MomOfThreeTeens
08-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Thanks girlies! She told me I might end up on the blog but then I never thought to check again after that conversation.

Nicole-How long until Germany? Thats going to be an awesome trip! My cousin and her family spent a few years there in the military, they loved it!

MomOfThreeTeens
08-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Laurie!! Way to go, great loss!

Prazteam
08-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Hey everyone! I've got to get ready for a BUSY day... $1 day and it's rainy, so it may be awful! Anyway... an NSV for both of us here... went to see No Reservations and we had a diet pepsi and that's it. We joked about popcorn and M&Ms but nope...
Okay, gotta go get ready. Yippee (she said sarcastically!)
Hugs,

JLem311
08-20-2007, 05:56 PM
hey everyone. just checking in for the day. haven't had a chance to catch up on the posts for a few days. sounds like everyone is keeping busy as usual. :)

life is still crazy, busy and insane as ever. i'm trying not to let it get the best of me. it's been working for the past few days, but it's a challenge/struggle.

i'm off to workout, shower, call the kids and then make dinner.
have a good evening everyone!

bizlawchik
08-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Hi all! Quick fly by. Actually read today's posts. WTG Kim!!! Welcome Newbies! OK... gotta run.

SaskNewfie
08-20-2007, 09:08 PM
Hey everyone...yes, I'm still alive! No, I didn't reach my goal...back up a few...12lbs to exact! I've been avoiding this place as well as lawl...don't like weigh in's with a gain...lol. I'm trying to pump myself up to get at 'er again. Since there's still technically 4 months left to my "plan", do you think they'd let me jump back into the "take off" portion to retry reaching my goal and just shorten the last phase of the year-long plan?

The past while has been really busy...pretty much from June onward. We moved to our new place in Kingston, bought a house, we on vacation for a month...eating well was pretty much out of the question. With the exception of beer, my fridge is pretty healthy! We'll see what happens...

bizlawchik
08-20-2007, 09:27 PM
Hi, Jason, good to see you back here! First things first - You need to get back on track. That means going to the COD and striking a deal with your weeks left. You've lost pretty easily in the past so you should do fine. You just need to take the first step and do it!

And also, you need to check in here. You know that avoiding us only results in a gain on the scale. Besides, Dan misses having another guy around.

Welcome back.

MTdebster921
08-20-2007, 09:37 PM
Hey all, checking in from Colorful Colorado. It's been warm but with rain and blue skies every day. Really enjoying the time with the families. Everybody has been very impressed with my journey so far. I even saw one of my old schoolmates and she was blown away that I am smaller than I was in high school. This has been really good for my ego. On Thursday, I have a coffee date with my old next door neighbor who I had a major crush on all through high school (shhh, don't tell DH) The last time we saw each other was at our wedding 17 years ago.

I have been eating off plan, but have been doing really well in my choices I think. DMIL has a garden and we've been eating veggies and melons like crazy.

Heather, I am one of the suckers that pre-ordered the controltrim. Only in the powder form because I can't remember to take my vitamins as it is. I'll keep you all informed how it works once I get it.

Jason- Great to see you pop in. Go back to the COD, I am sure they will work with you!!

I'll check back before the end of the week. Have a great one everybody!!

Repo girl
08-20-2007, 09:53 PM
Hey Deb! I hear that you guys got a good harvest of huckleberries this year. Is that true, and if so WHERE?!

Jason- Great to see you!

Joni135
08-20-2007, 09:59 PM
Hey Rooster Jason!!! So good of you to stop by. By all means go to your COD and jump back on the program. It's apparently changed quite a bit so the change may be refreshing for you. I haven't seen the new program myself, but I sure hope 1 beer still equals a starch!

Hi Cassi, Chiquita, Katy, Katie, Allanah, Jillian, Angie...:wave::wave:

Pearl - just having a Diet Pepsi at a movie would be a huge NSV for me too!

Liz - great NSV with resisting the pancake on a stick AND walking with the kids...Dan will be proud, proud, proud! Try and resist those kids meals...they are a big weakness for me, and the fries are providing very little nutrition for you!

Renee - I loved your line about chocolate vs prison food! I've been having some chocolate binges myself the last couple days and need to put a stop to it!

Tina - hey ms. slim.....I laughed...a Scabble tournament on ESPN??? I guess I need to pay closer attention to the sports channels. I would have watched that in a heartbeat!

Kim D (TN) - great article....I learned even more about you and the before/after pics in the blog are amazing too.

Felicia - glad to hear they didn't diagnose pneumonia for your DD. Hope you both sleep better tonight! And although I live in the south, grits are gross to me, no matter what you do to them.....

Nicole - sounds like you've got things in the works for your business. Even learning the web stuff and the business aspects are great things to know about in this day and age. Can't wait to see how it progresses.

Night all...

MTdebster921
08-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Joni- I skimmed through the end of last weeks thread and just wanted to let you know that the gold2 plan I sent you is exactly what I have for my plan2 book, same portions and everything, so you are on the right plan.

Katie- I am guessing the huckleberry crop boomed up around Glacier park. Our next door neighbors went camping for 2 weeks up in that area and brought us some huckleberries ($40 a gallon) and flathead cherries. Tomorrow we are traveling over the mountains to Grand Junction where we lived for 6 years before going to Montana and they are famous for Palisade peaches, Olathe sweet corn, and there's probably 10 winery's over there too. YUM!!!! So we are bringing some of that back home for them.

mamato2girls
08-20-2007, 10:13 PM
Hello everyone!! Just thought I'd check in real quick. I had a nice surprise at WI today...I was down 2 lbs!!! Not sure how that happened, since I didn't do anything different, but I'll take it! So, keep in mind that you can still lose even in Maintenance!!

Yummy! Grits! Haven't had them in a while because I must have mine with enough butter to make them turn yellow. And, I also don't care too much for sweet grits. Yuck!!

Nicole - You're starting your own business?!? How awesome! I wish I had some creative skills I could use to do something like that, but I don't really have a creative bone in my body!! When I was younger, my Grandma taught me to crochet, but I found it boring and only made it through one afghan that was big enough for my baby doll!

Kim - That is great about the blog! You are looking good, girl.

Okay, must go get some rest. Hope everyone is well! Anyone heard from Kristen lately??? I haven't seen her pop on the last few times I "lurked".

whatazoo
08-20-2007, 10:58 PM
Hi all,
I haven't been POP at all, was a very stressful week last week, which ended with a depressing Friday with one of my furkids... :( Anyway, didn't eat much Friday, or Saturday, then decided since I didn't have much of an appetite anyway, to do a TO with Knudsen's juice Sunday and Monday. According to COD, lost 2.2 as of this morning. Will see what happens on Wednesday morning after I have one day back on POP. I need to look back thru, because I remember someone saying they did something different the few days following a TO, but since I didn’t plan on doing one, I didn’t pay much attention… But, I have reached my COD goal of 180, and still have 3 (or 4) weeks left. Will decide at the end how much more I really want to lose.

Later,

bayoubelle68
08-20-2007, 10:58 PM
Hey, guys! Thanks for the grits comments. Yes, I love mine salty, too. The garlic grits recipe is a great one. I used to make cheesy garlic grits with shrimp that was divine! I'll bet I can LA it and make it on plan.

About the butter, I'll tell you something funny. When my favorite counselor was introducing me to the new Feel Full plan, she said, "Oh, and butter spray is unlimited now." I said (half-joking), "Wasn't it always?" She laughed and said, "Me, too! In fact..." she stopped. "No, I'd better not tell you that." I said, "Let me guess, you sometimes take the lid off and pour it on something to make it taste really good?" She grinned and said, "Shhhh!!"

DD is sleeping right now, thank goodness. I have to get up extra-early tomorrow since we have a 7:15 faculty meeting!! Good night, all!

Boo'sMom
08-20-2007, 11:00 PM
Evening all--so much to catch up so forgive me for not doing a good job but off the top of my head:
Nicole--congrats on taking the leap--can't wait til it's up and running and you are selling like crazy
Felicia--poor DD--it's so hard on the mommies too
Kim--great blog--you are a star!
Deb--you deserve masses of compliments
Katie--take me for a drive in the mountains! it is so stinkin hot here right now--we are miserable
Jason--welcome back--I never left and gained 12 pounds!
Cassi--HI!
Wendy--that's great
Joni--I am worn out--making a real job isn't for me--HAHA.

Enjoyed my first day back, made the change with the other teacher so I will be teaching sophomore english for sure. Angie--not sure what the reading list looks like just yet but I did get good news that I get to teach Julius Caesar so at least something will be familiar. Animal Farm and Inherit the Wind are possibilities--unfortunately I haven't read/or taught either of them. Then just regular other stuff, research paper, short stories, grammar--not my favorite but necessary for the state. Happy to say my room is at least 70% ready--good for me--I usually put it off as long as possible. The rest of the week is MEETINGS--ugh--but everyone at my new school was so incredibly nice so I am looking forward to it all getting started.

Hi to all I missed--so sorry--

Angie
08-20-2007, 11:27 PM
Quick one...

Cassi -- Good to see you, how is school going, and how is the part time catering gig?

Jason -- It's great to see you back! You're a good loser, so you'll catch up on lost time before you know it. Dan's away at a fire, but he'll be glad to see you back I bet.

Deb -- That's such a great feeling, when other people make comments like that. (Or so I remember from 5-6 years ago..lol).

Wendy -- Wow wee! You're doing so great, not just maintaining, but still losing. How closely do you track your eating now? Do you still journal everything?

Lea Ann -- I've never read either of those books, let me know how they are if they end up in your course.

mamato2girls
08-21-2007, 04:27 AM
Angie - Thanks! No, I quit journaling when I started Maintenance. I try to keep track of things in my head, but I must admit that I don't do the best job sometimes. I could be missing some exchanges here and there which could account for the 2 lb. drop. I've just been trying to listen to my body and only eat when I'm hungry.

Boo'sMom
08-21-2007, 09:03 AM
Angie--will do--I've heard everything the old teacher (and most tenured--the one I switched jobs with) did all the picking and everyone hated that everything she insisted on was so depressing (I forgot Lord of the Flies)--anyway--we are hoping to make some changes since we are now a pretty young department--want to bring in some newer/different reading for the kids. We'll see--whatever it is I am sure Mr. Cliff (as in Cliff's Notes) will be my new best friend for a while!! The internet is insane--I couldn't believe the information out there--I used to pay good money for story/chapter summaries--lol.

MomOfThreeTeens
08-21-2007, 09:43 AM
Welcome back Jason!!!

I'm gonna pat myself on the back, I had a totally and completely POP day yesterday, not a lick or nibble of anything not on plan. Its been a LONG time since I've been able to say that! The game plan here is to try to do it the rest of the week just to prove to myself that I can! LOL
When I first started LAWL I never cheated, not for months, not even a BLT. Once you start letting yourself, it just gets easier to say awww one bite wont hurt me! Well one bite several times a day all week long can hurt us. It adds up to if not weight gain, at least bad eating habits creeping back in and thats what got me in the shape I was in to begin with.
Soooo heres to a POP day everybody! I've never done Weight Watchers but something on a commercial stuck with me this morning something like......"Become and after, STAY an after"!

:waving: Hi Wendy you little tiny thang!!!

Jrny2aNewMe
08-21-2007, 10:26 AM
Good morning all!

I took some time off last week and went and watched the LPGA. Man can those girls hit a ball - as my sister says, they actually play golf, not the other game. Now back at the grind, found my desk again yesterday, so hopefully will now have some time to spend with you all again. Needless to say, I haven't managed to keep up with the goings' on here, so I'm just going to shout out a big hello to everyone, new and old.

Hope everyone is POP for the remainder of the week.

Mama Nicole
08-21-2007, 10:55 AM
Good morning everyone :)

I am thinking about starting a no sclae challenge......any takers? My sclae is being a total bit*h......and I just can't take it anymore!!!

Good to see you Wendy, Jason, Deb......

Joni.....dying to know how your day went yesterday. I hope all is well. How is Charlie?

Lea Ann.......a younger English department is GOOD :) I have had some fine older teachers in my life........very fine..........but change is often good. I am so happy for you. I know it is stressful.....but I can tell you shine under these conditions :)

Cassi.........what up? LOL. Good to see you!

Hi Angie, Felicia, Stepanie, Liza, Val, ummmmmmm, this is my feeble attempt at personals without using word.....LOL.

Ok, busy day today.........DS has school (I will have to post a pic of him later......he is just too cute), I have a fabric store trip planned this afternoon, I have to put a coat of paint on some cupboard doors that I am finally deciding to finish (our remodel is on hold due to lack of funds.......so I am making do for now), laundry, clean the boys room, and maybe make a batch of jelly. I am sure I am forgetting important other things, but thanks for listening to my endless chatter while I plan my day on the fly here :)

Hey, where is heck is Lettie?

Ok, time to get crackin.......I will check in soon :)
XOXO

Katy66
08-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Good Morning everyone! Had a close to POP day yesterday. I wasn't good about journaling and then I lost track. I actually might have missed a starch. I've been trying to avoid the scale since our extra long weekend but had to do a BNWI this am. It is showing down 3, I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will stick until my official WI on Friday at the COD.

Hey Jillian, Cassie, Joni, Angie, and Nicole!

Deb - Congrats on all the compliments, doesn't it feel great to say "Look at me know?"

Kim - Love the blog and I know exactly what you mean about one taste of something making it easier to continue nibbling.

Wendy - good to hear from you.

Felicia - love shrimp and grits...please share the recipe when you get that LAWL'd. Oh and glad to hear the DD is sleeping. They are so pitiful when they don't feel well. Rest is the best thing, for both of you:)

Hi Jason, welcome back.

Better run and get some work done. Have a great day:)

aguerin
08-21-2007, 11:30 AM
GM all. Had a POP day yesterday, but still haven't seen any results on the scale. Dropped the diet drinks for now. I think that is what was making me so tired and hungry. I will see if that works

Kim congratulations on the Spotlight. You worked hard for it and you look great. We might start to see your pics up in all the centers soon and we can say, Hey, we know her!

Went back to the COD yesterday and scale was up .2 oz from last week. I wasn't happy about it, but totally my fault. I am suppose to start stabalization this week, but how can I? The scale has not cooperated in several weeks so I am behind. Do I fake my log-ins or what? Any suggestions on how to handle this? The Diary actually states "you CAN have unlimited vegetables this week". Does that mean I have to or should? Anybody? I'm not ready for that yet. But dont' have an explanation for the COD as to why I haven't added anything.

Nicole - I thought about the No Scale Challenge when you brought it up before, but to be honest, I don't think I can. That is pretty scary to me. Even if I could put mine up at home, there is still the one at the center and I have to know how I am doing. What if we did a No Home Scale Challenge? I could probably handle that. Or a Once a week weigh in challenge? Baby Steps, Baby Steps. LOL :D

emmysmom
08-21-2007, 11:39 AM
Okay, I thought I had all of my comments in my head, but they're gone:)

Nicole - Get crackin' on those dresses. Oh, do you think you'll do holiday dresses? Or at least one for my DD? Holiday dresses would be a HUGE hit!

Deb - Soak up all of those great comments...you deserve every one!

Joni - I didn't make it up...really...check this out http://school.scrabble-assoc.com/main_sublinks.asp?id=44&sid=176

Wendy - your wasting away! (I mean that in a good way) ;)

Kim - I tried to put a comment on your blog, but I just couldn't get it to work...but a huge CONGRATS to you!!! Like Nicole said, we are very proud of you! :hug:

LeaAnn - you can come to PA to cool off...it's about 59 here right now with a high of 61 today..bbrrrrrr

Dan2112
08-21-2007, 12:00 PM
GM all and GL with the WL this week.

Had a great weekend, but boy was I hungry all the time and I don't feel that well either. I have picked up drinking diet drinks again and ate some pork ribs from the grill on Saturday night so I think that is what is driving this funk that I am in. Got to give up the diet drinks. The scale hasn't moved for me since the first of last week.

My two DS brought home a baby deer on Friday night that they rescued out of a cave it had falled down in. It is so pretty, but I have begged them to turn it loose. I know it wants it's mama, but not sure where she is.

Not much else going on. I pretty much stayed on the couch yesterday because I wasn't feeling well. I missed church last night, so I won't be fun to be around this week. I need the extra service to be presentable through the week. :D

Amy, the thing to do, if you haven't already, is to call Alabama Game and Fish.. They'll come and pick it up and take good care of her/him.

Sorry if this issue already got resolved, but I haven't had time to read all the posts...

Still cool and wet here, which is making for a rather easy time at the fire.. However, it's going to start drying out today once the fog lifts and we'll see a steady warm up the rest of the week.. While the wet stuff has helped keep the fire down, I'm sure it will pick back up before too long...

My job basically consists of working what we call a "trap line". I go into the towns around the fire and pass out fire information to businesses and talk with the public about what's going on.. I usually travel about 150 miles a day up Highway 55 from the Tamarak Resort (nice place!!) to the little town of Burdorf (est. 1865, and they still use some of the original buildings). Some of these town are in the line of fire and because you can't force people out, some have stayed... So we've been up there while fire has raged around us, keeping people informed as to where the fire is and where it's going, stuff like that...

Anyway.. Gotta get to work.. I haven't been on a scale in almost a week and frankly, I'm a little scared to see what happens when I get home on Sunday...

Be one with your POP!!

MomOfThreeTeens
08-21-2007, 12:13 PM
Tina- 59 degrees? I'm coming to visit! It was 80 here at 7 am with a high of 97 for this afternoon!!!! I LOVE summer but Once we start back to school I'm ready for it to cool off!

Angie
08-21-2007, 12:14 PM
LeaAnn – I practically went steady with Cliff in high school. :)

Kim2 – Good job on your POP day!

Nicole – I’m up for a no sclae challenge…will we weigh in once a week for the Chick’s challenge? You get so much done in a day! Would you like to have a paid ‘vacation’ to Canada, and you can do all that stuff during the day, and in the evenings I’ll feed you and get you drunk?

Amy in AL – Sometimes I find cutting out caffeine helps when I’m stalling (diet cola, coffee, tea). I would go for the unlimited veggies. I remember Kristen lost when she added back some things, and I think Wendy mentioned that she’s still losing on maintenance too.

Hi to everyone else!

Mama Nicole
08-21-2007, 12:21 PM
Tina......I am comming there for the cool weather......and yes, I am thinking of doing holiday dresses. Any input is appreciated.....so all of you mama's of little girls.......do tell what you look for in a dress......holiday or not :)

So today I am getting the smack down from my inner fat girl. You should have seen her laughing her a$$ off when my sclae read 203.6 this morning. I am trying really hard to stay on the straight and narrow......but she keeps saying evil things like, "you could always just stop eating fat a$$," or "I told you LAWL would only work for a few weeks.....give it up," or, "you are and always be like this, so get over yourself." I am staying strong........but let me tell ya............she is making me REAL tired today. Anyone relate?

Ok, time to paint ( I love painting.......but not like I LOVE cake, if you were wondering :))
XOXO

Katy66
08-21-2007, 12:24 PM
Nicole - Let that inner skinny girl talk for a change:)

Mama Nicole
08-21-2007, 12:24 PM
Nicole – I’m up for a no sclae challenge…will we weigh in once a week for the Chick’s challenge? You get so much done in a day! Would you like to have a paid ‘vacation’ to Canada, and you can do all that stuff during the day, and in the evenings I’ll feed you and get you drunk?

:rofl: I just put my paint brush away and started packing............I could use a good stiff drink right about now.......

emmysmom
08-21-2007, 12:33 PM
Nicole - you tell that inner fat girl that she's not welcome in your head anymore and if she doesn't knock it off, you're going to send the skinny girl after her...and you DON'T want to mess with the skinny girl! :rollpin::kickbutt::boxing:

amylou7777
08-21-2007, 12:38 PM
Morning everyone! NOt a whole lot of time to chat, lots of reading to finish before classes start today.
Kim-your blog spot is so awesome! You are such an inspiration. Congrats!
Nicole-can't wait to see your site!
Felicia-congrats on your loss!

Sorry, gotta run! Have a great Tuesday!

momof3boys1girl
08-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Well Hello Everyone...ive Always Been A Lurker Every Day And One In A Great While I Pop In To Say Hi Or Ask Questions...i Ve Been Off Plane For The Last 6 Months And Have Been Really Good For The Last 2 Weeks..i Even Started The Biggest Loser Workout On Thursday ...wow That Is A Good Workout....but I Was Wondering If Anyone Wants To Start A Workout Challenge I Think Having A Group To Work With And Post Wiht Would Help Kee Me Motivated...and I Need To Loose About 25 Lbs By November Were Going On A Cruise....so Let Me Know If Anyone Is Interested Thanks

Jamie

Katy66
08-21-2007, 12:52 PM
Jamie - A work out challenge might get me motivated to start a routine. I can't seem to find what I want to do though.

CandlePrincess
08-21-2007, 01:06 PM
nicole...i can so relate! What i hate is when inner fat girl and inner bad mom fight....ohhhhh it's awful! LOL

I have fallen off the LAWL wagon the last few days. I didn't make it to the store and have nothing of a good in my house to eat. I am hoping the store will be possible tonight...i have a list...just have to get there! I'm still drinking my water and making better choices....just not POP! all for now!

momof3boys1girl
08-21-2007, 01:37 PM
Katy...the Biggest Loser Dvd Is A Good Workout..one Day You Do Cardio And The Next Is Weights Strengh And Sculp And You Rotate Those 6 Days A Wee For A 6 Week Program...im Sweating Through The Whole Thing And It Keeps Me High Energy And Motivated All Day

Suzanne 3FC
08-21-2007, 02:25 PM
Anyone heard about ControlTrim at their COD? Ours is taking pre-orders because they expect it to go very quickly. I know it's supposed to speed up weightloss and that it was developed by the USDA. There's a pill form that you take before meals or a powder form that you can use as a fat replacement.

It doesn't speed up weight loss, I hope they aren't misrepresenting the product :(

It's the same product marketed as Z-Trim. They now offer it to other companies as a private label product, in both their corn and oat versions. I don't know how the prices compare with LAWL, but you can order at www.ztrim.com (https://secure.crgq.com/online/shop/?affillink=3FATC0602071102)

We tried out the gel and it worked pretty well for baked goods, though the calories saved were very low, and it would probably only be useful if you eat a lot of baked foods. We found ourselves eating brownies and cookies just to test it out :lol:

Some of our members mixed it with salad dressing and said it worked very well for that. Calories saved would depend on how much salad dressing you eat :lol: So while it's useful, it's not going to make a big difference in your daily calories. The difference could be very small.

I didn't try the pills that are supposed to make you feel fuller, but some of our members tried them and none reported anything positive. There's a long thread about it in the DIW forum :)

We used both the corn and the oat versions, and both worked exactly the same.

bizlawchik
08-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Good afternoon all! Lots of changes going on here. I have my cooking mid-term on Thursday and then my written on Monday. Still maintaining my "A". Good news is that if I have perfect attendance and an "A" at the end of the term I can skip the written final. WOO HOO!

I spoke w/my boss and I will be going part time at my paralegal job soon. I'm thinking maybe the beginning of October. I will work 4 days from 12:30-6:30. Then I'll work Fri and Sat hopefully for a caterer I know. If not, I'll keep my job at Premier Dinners (the make and take place).

I've been OP for the last week and dropped 2lbs, so I'm a happy girl. But my home scale needs a new battery or something because I can't get a reading to be the same twice in a row. It fluctuates around 2lbs, which is very frustrating when you're trying to keep things in check. It's like Nicole's inner fat girl jumps on the sclae behind me or something.

Anyhoo... back to work for me. I'll check back in later.

bradleys mom
08-21-2007, 05:10 PM
Hi girls! Got a couple questions..
Is anyone using Omega Trim, or Vita Max? I bought them from my best friend as she couldnt use them. There still full. Can anyone tell a difference using Omega Trim?

Also has anyone else's center cut you back to 2 weigh ins a week? I was going three, basically cause it helped me be a good girl, and now they told me I only have to come two. Wonder why?

So far TO is going good. Went and visited my husbands grandma and she was cooking country breakfast!! So i left...
Hope everyone is having a POP week so far!

JLem311
08-21-2007, 06:01 PM
just a quick hi to everyone.

good to "see" you jason!

Kim0303
08-21-2007, 08:40 PM
I agree, one gallon of water a day should be enough.

Heather let me and Kim#2 know when you want to meet and where. Thursdays are not good for me that is my Mary Kay Sucess night in West knoxville.

Alannah, Speaking of Mary Kay, I hope you have a wonderful girls night out. Be open to what you consultant has to say about the company. You just can't imagine how this company treats people they are associated with. They would do anything they could to help you in a time of need as well as to help you be successful in this business. It is a wonderful sisterhood (turning into a brotherhood too - lots a men consultants now). My directors home burned 4th of July. People all over the country sent her things so she could keep working her business until the insurance took care of her. Its like a huge church support group. And of course we continue to be the #1 brand of cosmetics for the past 13 years so listen with an open mind. The training sessions in my area are like therapy. Very positive in a personal way. We are a huggy group and you got to get use to that if you aren't.

Katy66 - Glad you enjoyed TN. Of course there is beautiful country and bigger mountains your way.

Felicia - Sorry your assistant principal is a pain at times. They can make or break the moral of a school. I am a speech pathologists and travel between schools. I have been blessed to have wonderful principals. They make life so much easier. Sad they all can't be that way. I have heard nightmare stories.
The TN remedy for coughing is a tsp of straight TN whiskey. My hubby took DD (16yo) to DR after coughing all night and Dr wanted to know how we were treating it and my husband said he would tell him if he didn't turn him in. The Dr laughed and said that was how he was raised!

Renee - Love what you told COD. I am about to be that way with chips! Glad Dan isn't around. SHHH

Emmysmom - Thanks for the recipe. Share what you can from that website since some of us can't figure out how to get on it.

Hope my weigh in goes better tomorrow. Up 2 pounds for some reason. Been POP can't figure it out. Very disappointing!

Got to go get dinner.

Kim0303
08-21-2007, 08:47 PM
Kim #2 wow!! Did you happen to ask corporate how the folks in TN can log into the laathome sit

Kim0303
08-21-2007, 08:59 PM
Woman's World August 28th issue - Cover says "Carb-Cycling Turbo Diet". This is LAWL folks and the diet is a LA program. Interesting. Of course I haven't been on the program long enough to know the difference between what I am doing and the one in the magazine. Check it out. Interesting and encouraging.

Heather115
08-21-2007, 09:32 PM
It doesn't speed up weight loss, I hope they aren't misrepresenting the product :(

Hmm, Suzanne, it's possible I "misunderstood" what she said, but I'm pretty confident those were the words she used. I pulled out the flyer I got last time I was there and it says "makes weight loss even easier" which is not quite the same as speeding up weight loss. I guess she paraphrased!

Thanks for all the additional info. The only thing I didn't see mentioned is that it was developed by the USDA and is exclusively at LAWL (under the Controltrim brand, I guess).

Whatever the case, I think I'll stick with good ol' fashioned healthy food choices. Unless I get desperate, of course! :)

MomOfThreeTeens
08-21-2007, 10:51 PM
Kim-They gave me a log in ID and password but I never could get it to work. Sorry the scale was mean to you, just hang in there though, you are doing great!!! I use Mary Kay makeup too, love it! Looks like we'll have to PM Heather to get her to answer about coffee! LOL

If I can survive a few more minutes until I head to bed, that will be two, count em, 2 POP days in a row! My body is gonna go into junk food withdrawel! LOL

bbuie
08-21-2007, 11:47 PM
The Control Trim from my understanding is not supposed to speed up weight loss as much as it is supposed to help you feel full. It is oat bran that expands in your stomach and also aids with digestion and helps with cholesterol and heart health. The powder is actually used to cook with and replace fat in recipes. It also can be added to your fats to add more substance. If you put it in mayo or sour cream it actually expands it to make it seem like you are eating more. They have flyers out at my center and one of the girls that just went to training said she tried both and they were awesome. I bought some today for the pre-sale. I think it won't be here until next week though. I am excited to try it. I do know what you mean when you say "along with the other pills..." I take tons of supplements too. Hard to keep up with. My counselor told me you could just take 2 or 3 control trim a day though. It is not like the other supplements. We will see!

lizababe
08-22-2007, 12:37 AM
Hiya Everyone!

I believe "Controltrim" is the new product being released by my COD in September and the reason I and other advertising are on hiatus. I'm excited to try the new product so I'll let you all know how it works out! I miss the supplements. I think the one I miss the most is "Celluway" for some reason it just helped me sleep and really seemed to "clear things out" in the morning.

So since I've been on official hiatus for almost a month, I still wanted to lose "unofficially" but was only putting a half-arsed effort into it. As a result, I gained 4 lbs that I'd lost. So for the past week, I'm full on back into it being as POP as possible. I've taken off 3 of those 4lbs and hope to be lower than even in the morning!

I can't believe how important journaling is. That's where I fell off the wagon. I was keeping "mental count" of everything. I started entering in fit day again and see exactly where those 4lbs came from. I've been pretty good with the exercise making sure to at least get a walk every night but now I'm upping that again too. I'm much more successful when I'm mix jogging, walking and at least two bike rides a week.

I know this is all about me but I haven't had a chance to read through the personals. Kinda hectic day at work that made me want to yell out very bad things. I kept the tourettes syndrome to myself and I hope that burned a few calories as well! Wish me luck on that sclae tomorrow morning and hopefully I can move that ticker down again!!!!

Hi to EVERYONE I hope you're all well!

bahamadream10
08-22-2007, 09:08 AM
Has anyone read the story in the Women's Weekly. They call 2 of the days of the week "accerleration days" which is basically the same menu as the take off but you get unlimited veggies, but it says to have a whole cantaloupe for the day and I was doing only a half a day. Maybe that was the problem why I wasn't really "flushing my system out". Then the other 2 days was just following the regular plan, I can't imagine doing take off for 2 days every week is that what the 8 week makeover is all about?
Have a great Wednesday everyone.

aguerin
08-22-2007, 09:28 AM
Good Wednesday Morning All! The scale has finally moved for me and I am taking it. Hope to see the same results at COD later this a.m. Looks like giving up those diet drinks paid off (for me anyway).

Hope everyone is doing well and POP today. GL on the exam Cassie. Stay Safe Dan.

Baby Deer is still doing good. Our Lab thinks its her responsibility to take care of it. I just wish she could nurse him. LOL

I have got to go and get that article in the Womens Weekly or is it Womans World? or both?

Not much else going on. See everyone later.

MomOfThreeTeens
08-22-2007, 09:52 AM
:carrot::bravo::cb::dancer: Yay Amy! Glad the scale moved for ya! I know thats frustrating!!

I made it through yesterday, 2 whole days POP!

Good morning everybody else, have an absolutely amazing day!

bradleys mom
08-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Woman's World August 28th issue - Cover says "Carb-Cycling Turbo Diet". This is LAWL folks and the diet is a LA program. Interesting. Of course I haven't been on the program long enough to know the difference between what I am doing and the one in the magazine. Check it out. Interesting and encouraging.

Wow, Thanks for the info. I usually read that magazine all the time, and I havent picked up a copy lately.

KrispieD
08-22-2007, 10:46 AM
Morning Morning Morning!
It is impossible to cathc up when absent for a few days.. okay maybe a week or two for me.
It has been crazy busy with the girls and getting ready for my fall classes so I've been MIA in a big way! I am alive and somewhat kicking! I'm back and forth on maintenance about 3-4 lbs, right now is TOM so on the UP end of the scale. I haven't been journalling but I plan to once we pass our last long weekend of the summer Labour Day. I am actually really looking forward to getting back on track 100% as I feel best when I'm doing that. DH and I have our 10th wedding anniversary on Tuesday and my birthday the Wednesday and then our best friends here for the long weekend so despite my best intentions.. it just aint' gonna happen! So my girlfriend and I who is also on LAWL are going to start on September 4 and be POP until September 22 when we have a 40th bday party to go to. That means I am going to write EVERYTHING down. I've also signed up for two exercise classes in September to see if I can iron out some of these lovely skin wrinkles!
This is totally from memory, please bear in mind how much I had to read but:
Alannah way to go on the house, Pearl great job on pop only at the show, Joni extra special hug to you and my nephew Charlie, Lea Ann great job on the job, Felicia hope your daughter is better, to all the losers congrats on ANY losses you've had.. remember the ounces add up! Nicole your own company?? Kim2.. your own blog page.. you are such a superstar..send me an autographed photo! Cassi congrats on doing so well at school!
Hi to everyone else.. I'll catch up at some point!
Angie did you start the new plan in Brampton? Our centre has NO idea what's going on.. they are frustrated as it's being advertised all over here and they don't even have/know what the new plan is.. I know more from this board than all staff combined!

Have a great day everyone.. feel free to jump on the 18 day POP if you dare challenge with me!

Dan2112
08-22-2007, 11:07 AM
Morning gang.... Fire activity is low and we're getting ready for our daily activities... It's been fun here, but I'm READY to come home...

I've been as good as I can be, diet-wise, but it hasn't always been possible.. My options might be getting better, however, as our current caterer is being sent home early and a more experienced, better outfit has arrived to take over. There were a couple of guys from the current caterer who were arrested the other night, so when one member of a team screws up, the entire team gets sent home.. I know it doesn't sound fair, but there are reasons..

Hope you're all doing well!

Mama Nicole
08-22-2007, 11:19 AM
Good morning everyone :)

So good to see you, dear friend, Kristen :)
Dan.....glad you are safe and all is going ok.
Amy....glad your sclae moved down.

I declare today a most excellent WI day.

My stinkin sclae is definitley possesed. It weighed me in at 203.6 yesterday, and 197.6 today. LOL. Maybe I'd better check the batteries, eh? Anyway.....it stayed 197.6 several times in a row......so I am counting it. It is amazing how the numbers (I think of lost everytime) can alter my mood. This is exactly why I am campaigning for a NO SCLAE CHALLENGE starting on Tuesday morning. It will last from Tuesday morning until Monday morning. It is only 6 days, and we can ALL do that....I think :) If anyone is interested, I am going to start on new thread on Monday with my WI. If I forget, anyone else feel free to start the thread :)

Ok, I am getting pretty excited. I started the bare bones of my website yesterday. It is www.nicolemassie.com. I know.....kind of boring, but it will do. I do not have a product catalog yet, as I need to get my butt busy sewing. I expect to have a few things on there this week. I did get to the fabric store last night, and I spent three hours there. I was like a kid in a candy shop. I rarely go anywhere without my kids..and it was such a treat. I sat and dreamed away. I also realized that I need to come up with my own designs if I want to put my names on them.......so today I am going to draw up some designs and patterns and see if I can at least get a bonnet made. I did purchase some patterns for some basic sizing info, but I am going to have to draw up my own patterns I am afraid.

Ok, ODD is waiting for me to make her some pancakes that I cannot eat.....so I am off. I will check back soon.

Jillian.......is this the week you will break the 40 lb mark?

Joni.........you ok?
XOXO

emmysmom
08-22-2007, 11:20 AM
Liza - I didn't know that the center stopped selling Celluway. I had taken that in the past. A substitute for it is Celluloss which is an Herbalife product. You can buy it on e-bay. Now that you brought it up, maybe I'll buy some myself!

emmysmom
08-22-2007, 11:24 AM
Love the website so far, Nicole! Very classy! I'll have to come up with my idea of a perfect holiday dress for my DD. I enjoy doing that every year...finding the dress for the holiday pictures, family visits and church. This year I at least I know where I'll be buying it - nicolemassie.com of course!

emmysmom
08-22-2007, 11:25 AM
Oh and Nicole, if I spend more than $50, do I get a free jar of white grape jelly? :)

Mama Nicole
08-22-2007, 11:30 AM
YES!!! :) You will have to tell me......do you like things that are traditional? Red or green.........gold lame? fur trims? velvet jumpers with white petticoats?

Later today I am going to try to find the pictures of my ODD in her miniature brides dresses. She was in FIVE weddings as a toddler, and for three of them I made her a matching miniature bride dress. That is a service I am hoping takes off.....but you never know what the people may want :)

K, still working on the pancakes........LOL
XOXO

KrispieD
08-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Nicole I'd love a dress and could you also make me a CAKE!
Hey mini versions of wedding cakes to go with the mini bridesmaids dresses

MomOfThreeTeens
08-22-2007, 11:39 AM
Kristen-Great to "see" you! You're missed when you dont check in! I'm up for the POP challenge. I'd really like to get a few pounds UNDER my goal so when I'm up a few I'm still a head of the game! LOL

KrispieD
08-22-2007, 11:40 AM
You are right on my thinking Kimmie.. as always.. go under so the indulgences make you at goal LOL!

emmysmom
08-22-2007, 11:46 AM
Uh oh...to many choices, Nicole. I'll have to think about this. Normally I have a picture in my mind of what I want, but then I can't find anything like it. Now I can get whatever I want...oh, too much pressure! :)

amylou7777
08-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Morning everyone!

Nicole, I LOVE the site. I can't wait to see more!

Also, you are SO right about freaky scales. After I move my ticker from my Sat. w/i I have been up everyday since. I know I was off plan over the weekend while I moved my brother in, but I didn't exactly cheat, just wasn't perfect. I will commit to your no scale challenge next week. I think it would be really good for me.

Glad to see you are alive and kicking Kristen! We have definitely missed you.

Tina, everytime I look at your ticker I am amazed! GL thinking of an christmas dress for DD.
I love the look of the old fashioned carol singers, with the coats and hand warmer/mufflers, I think that would be so cute!

Hope everyone is having a great week so far. I am working today, no class on wed which is nice. I am determined to get my workout in!

OH!-whoever mentioned the Biggest Loser workout challenge--I am IN! Let's start a thread and be accountable on there. My goal is to do the DVD one day and go to the gym the next. I'd love to have a support group for that on here to keep me motivated. Let's do it!

momof3boys1girl
08-22-2007, 12:48 PM
opk i will start the biggest loser dvd thread as ive been doing it for 6 days now and can already tell a differece...down 4 lbs already...but i think the encouragment and other doing it will help keep me motivated..

Hope alot of you join in

QueenLucia
08-22-2007, 01:00 PM
Hi Lizabebe!
How did you get that awesome ticker?
Would love to have!

Heather115
08-22-2007, 01:10 PM
East Tennesse Kims #2 and #3! I am not ignoring you - I just haven't been able to come up with a time to get together. :) I'm so sorry! Since you were feeling slighted, I just spent some quality time with my calendar and see that this Sunday afternoon would work for me. During the week is just too hard when I don't get home from work until 6 or later. I don't know if Kimberly R (BradleysMom) was included in the invite, but we should since she's in Alcoa. I'm wondering if I'll have to change my name to fit in...

Whatever we do, it has to be OP because I've been soooo good for the last 3 weeks, but feel my resolve weakening now during my TOM. Any extra temptation might just do me in. I haven't learned all the tricks to cheating yet so just haven't done it. I also don't speak Starbucks lingo, but am willing to learn if that's the most convenient place for us to meet.

Jillian - will you give me a lesson please? I just want something nonfat, slightly sweet, not terribly strong and OP! Is there anything at Starbucks that fits the bill? :)

Let me know ladies...

Heather115
08-22-2007, 01:13 PM
I don't know if Kimberly R (BradleysMom) was included in the invite, but we should since she's in Alcoa.

Okay, disregard that part! Sorry Kimberly R! All my Kims are running together. You're welcome to join us though if you want to drive down. LOL :o I was thinking there was a 4th East Tennesseean on here - have I really and truly lost it?

Heather115
08-22-2007, 01:17 PM
I do know what you mean when you say "along with the other pills..." I take tons of supplements too. Hard to keep up with. My counselor told me you could just take 2 or 3 control trim a day though. It is not like the other supplements. We will see!

2 or 3 would be doable. That counselor I talked to said I would have to take 6 a day! I already take 8 pills a day - that's plenty. I have a hard enough time remembering to take them before I eat (had to set up alarms on my cell phone to remind me!) that I can't imagine adding more. Besides, my little divided pill sorter thingy won't hold anymore. I already look like my grandma toting that thing around! I'm not getting a bigger one!

MomOfThreeTeens
08-22-2007, 01:22 PM
LOL we're gonna start calling Heather the pill lady! I dont speak Starbucks either. Last time I was there I didnt even get coffee, got something called a Vanilla steamer, warm skim milk with sugar free vanilla syrup. It was good, just not coffee.

My Sunday afternoons are getting ready to get busy. We start practicing for our Fall program at church this Sunday, have to be there at 4. But before 4 would work! LOL We'll get it figured out!

CandlePrincess
08-22-2007, 01:33 PM
Nicole....i need a dress fit for a Princess! because of course my DFD is a princess! LOL (any girl in my house falls into the royal blood line!)

Also Nicole....what software are you using to build this website??? i need to be building one for my church and can't find what i need!

aguerin
08-22-2007, 01:42 PM
Hello again everyone. I just got back from COD and the scale was down almost 2 pounds. I am extatic (sp?).

Dan that is funny about the caterer being sent home. Did they get caught whipping the cream and beating the eggs? LOL No Seriously what were they in trouble for? Glad things are calming down up there.

The COD gave me a stabalization binder today and I must say I am very disappointed. I asked about a new food list when I moved to maintenance and she said no. I thought you got a whole new book with all kinds of food listed, guess not.

Good to see all you who have been MIA. We miss you when you are gone.

Katy66
08-22-2007, 01:43 PM
Happy Wednesday Gang! Had a crazy busy morning with my first meeting starting at 7:30am....that always makes for a hard day since I end up waking DD up instead of her getting up on her own. She is NOT A MORNING PERSON, of course neither am I:)

Had a little case of the munchies yesterday but I think I managed to stay APOP (almost perfect of plan). Home scales are still showing down but we shall see on Friday.

Nicole - haven't had a chance to look at the site yet but I love traditional looking things for my DD. Any takers yet on the no scale challenge?

Liza - I love your ticker. I did the thing on Prevention.com and it is pretty awesome to see how far you've come.

Kim 3 - we did have a great time in TN. I grew up camping at Cades Cove for weeks at a time during the summer so that area really seems like a second home to me. Lots of wonderful memories:)

Dan - good to hear from you and that things are going well.

Big Hello to everyone - Heather, Felicia, Kim2, Princess Heather, Amy, and anyone I've missed.

Mama Nicole
08-22-2007, 01:55 PM
Nicole....i need a dress fit for a Princess! because of course my DFD is a princess! LOL (any girl in my house falls into the royal blood line!)

Also Nicole....what software are you using to build this website??? i need to be building one for my church and can't find what i need!
Heather......first of all......we are also royalty........my DD's being the princesses (I actually call my ODD "THE princess," I, the queen of course, and my mom is the almighty queen mother......lol.

I went to www.godaddy.com because that is what DH's company uses to host their website.....and from there I ordered a service called website tonight. You can order it yearly, monthly, for several years........however you like. There are about a million options on godaddy......but that seemed to be the cheapest and easiest, as I have no experience building a website. They are super nice, and even called me to check on me about 2 days after I ordered. The domain is only $1.99 a year if you order one of their montly services. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Also, Tina mentioned a program to me that she and her DH use, but I forgot the name. Good luck :)

MomOfThreeTeens
08-22-2007, 02:04 PM
Amy-After you get through your 6 weeks of stabilization, you will get a new food list. They just dont give it to you until your 6 weeks are up. I just got the new binder too but was told that after the 6 weeks I would get a whole bunch of new things I could have! This is my last week of stabilization so we'll see what new things are in store for me!

Nicole-My DD is a princess too! As is the spoiled rotten dog! LOL I actually call DD the Pampered Princess.

lizababe
08-22-2007, 02:17 PM
Ok now I can do some personals!

Nicole WTG on your website! If you're not completely inundated with orders for the holidays I may order one for my niece. She lives near Vancouver BC so something wintery. My sclae has been doing the same thing. Even with a new battery. I have no idea but it was a good loss this morning that showed through three time so I went with it.

Amy - too cute about the baby deer and the lab! My cat has finally trained the dog to bathe him. It's pretty funny to watch. Congrats on the sclae movement!

Dan - A little catering debauchery while on the road? I can understand firing them if half of the staff is ending up behind bars. Hope the new one brings you some good stuff! Any chance you'll end up at the Zaca fire?

Kim - great bio/blog thingy! Woo hoo!

Kristen - good luck getting through the next few busy weeks. At least they're "good" busy. Did you decide on new knockers or rocks for your anniversary?

Tina - They haven't stopped selling celluway at the COD that I know of. Because I'm on "hiatus" I don't get the supplements until we pick up again. They've offered me a very good discount for the meantime so I may stop by on Friday and pick up another bottle.

Hi Amylou!

Lucia - I created the virtual weightloss model at prevention.com then copied the pictures and edited them in ms paint for the ticker. Click here (http://preventionweightloss.mvm.com/rodale_wl_ctx/jsp/sim.jsp%3frequestedRetailerCode=rodale_wl) for the link

Hi Angie!

Dixie Amy - Congrats on the 2 lbs! Wow... stabilization.. that must feel great!

Katy I hear ya on the mornings. I'm not a morning person either. Yet I still get up every day before the sun.

Ok I think that's it for now. Another hot muggy one in San Diego. I got bit by something yesterday that caused an outbreak of hives on my neck. Yucky.

Heather115
08-22-2007, 02:21 PM
LOL we're gonna start calling Heather the pill lady!

I never popped pills 'til LAWL! Ok, maybe several ibuprofen during TOM, but that's it! I'm taking VitaMax Advanced, Chewable Calcium (ick!) and Enhance 750 - that's my 8 pills a day. If it were up to my counselor at the COD, I'd be taking many more than that. I just drew the line at what I thought would be beneficial for me.

I do pop a water pill or two occasionally - it annoys me that the scale fluctuates so much because of a little water! They help a lot during TOM too - I hardly even know it's here this time because I'm not all bloated. I could get hooked on those things!

aguerin
08-22-2007, 02:57 PM
Liza - I can't see your personalized ticker. I can't see alot of your stuff. :( I feel so in the dark. Anyway count down til your Mexico Trip. Whoo Hoo. I can't wait for you. How long you gonna be gone again? Few days, week? GL and enjoy.

Kim - I hope you are right about getting all new stuff on the Maintenance Plan. When I asked, she told me no. She just said they would go over some stuff with me after I finished stabalization. Problem is, I'm not really doing stabaliztion right now. I just didn't want to buy any more Weight Loss weeks. I guess technically they can't MAKE you eat the extra food. We will just have to see how it goes.

zambejaly5
08-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Hey guys, I am still alive......... honest.

well I went to weigh in yesterday and the doors were locked. I called the number and they said that they had "merged" with the Fayetteville Office, which is about 45min from me. .....nice...... but they said they didn't expect me to come in 3 times a week anymore. (big of them) and if I had to I could just call in my weight. .....funny! what if I just give myself a 3 lbs loss every week! I am going to go in next week when I am down there for my daughters orthodontist appt. and pick up my last 3 prepaid bars and after that. I don't really care.

DH has 3 companies calling him and interviewing him. So something should break on the job front soon. I didn't get the job through the hospital teaching thier new software........ no biggie. i would rather DH get his and I will just stay home and do my thing......

Kids are back in school.... computer is still on the fritz.

with the exception of my COD closing and my finding about 7 pounds.... not much has changed.

I hope I can get on more now that the house is quiet. and my schedual belongs more to me!

I have missed you all. Thanks Nicole for looking from me.

I have just 5 weeks til the wedding that, when I re-started LAWL, I thought I would be at goal for..... hmmmm I have only lost 10 of the 80 lbs. how did that happen.

oh well. back to the grind stone!

aguerin
08-22-2007, 03:18 PM
WB Lettie. Sorry about the job. I will pray that DH Gets the best paying one from all his interviews. Stay focused and keep faithful to the chick sisterhood by checking in. We will keep you motivated and accountable.

Mama Nicole
08-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Ahhhhhhhh, Lettie is back!!! Whoohooo!!! I still haven't taken the time to write back to your PM, but just know that I know :) I am so glad to see you!!!
XOXO

emmysmom
08-22-2007, 03:44 PM
Welcome back, Lettie! :wave:

Just jump right back on our train and start chugging along...

emmysmom
08-22-2007, 03:47 PM
NSV today...okay two!

First, I had my bloodwork done and I am completely healthy! My cholesterol was 190 which is fantastic for me! I have never been below 210 even in my 20's.

Second...so I was bragging about my cholesterol this morning to 2 coworkers. The one says, "well yeah your cholesterol is down...you lost like 20 pounds" and I said "more" and she said "How much weight did you lose" I told her 41 and she freaked! She said "I never would have imagined that you had that much to lose, but holy cow you look great!"

People have been noticing alot lately which makes me feel really good...and motivated to hit my goal. :)

MomOfThreeTeens
08-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Amy-What plan are you doing? I was on Gold with Lites when I was put on stabilization. I'll be more than happy to share whatever info I get next week when I start maintenance. I havent been doing the extra servings for stabilization this week either Amy. I decided I had to get my butt back on track and its seemed to help to stick to what I was doing in Weight Loss. I'll let ya know how that turns out! LOL

Lettie!!!! Welcome back!

Tina-Congrats on those NSV's chickie!! Its great when people notice! Theres one lady at work that everytime she sees me yells, There's that skinny girl! LOL

KrispieD
08-22-2007, 04:09 PM
Way to go Tina!
I have my physical tomorrow so I'll be curious to see if they notice on the charts the difference on the scale! I think the last time I got weighed I was about 230lbs. I've never had a problem with cholesterol but hoping to get a nice high five from my doctor! Being liquid fruit and liquid starch free should be a boost too!
I've been following some of the South Beach meal ideas and for a treat at night I have 1/2 cup of lite Ricotta and mix with almond extract, one pack of sweetener and top with some slivered almonds.. should be a Dairy and a fat for most of you. You can also mix 1/2 cup with cocoa powder, 1 packet sweetener, 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract and top with a dusting of espresso powder and top with 6 MINI chocolate chips.. I find these heavenly at night!
Lettie great to see you back and hanging in there.. keep the faith!
I may do well losing for our anniversary and my bday.. we just found out that DH has a fractured tooth.. he couldn't even sleep last night and it can be fixed to the tune of $4000.. SIGH! So eating is a chore for him unless it's lukewarm and soft texture.. looks like we might be postponing our festivities..
ahh another temptation to the Blizzard!

aguerin
08-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Congrats on those NSV Tina and don't forget your an INSPIRATION.

Kim - I was on Gold w/ lites also. I am just not ready to start adding food to my intake. I guess I still want to see the scale lower than it is. Or just scared it will start back in the other direction. Yikes!

KrispieD
08-22-2007, 04:19 PM
Amy.. you can add food slowly back in on Stabilization.. they only add a food a week. They said people often don't take the extra food for fear of gaining.. the first week I got unlimited vegs, then a dairy the next, a half a protein the next, an extra fruit, then a starch and then a fat.. I rarely use my extra starch but do enjoy the extra protein and the dairy even if I don't use it all. Don't worry.. your body will adjust and they give you six weeks to monitor you so do your best to be POP so you can really see if it changes it at all. Remember you worked hard to give up a lot of things to lose, now it's time to get them back.. you weren't on a diet.. you were making a lifestyle change.. and real life mean you may one day need a whole bun on a burger or a hot dog or might want a latte AND a yogurt on the same day.
Congrats on your ticker and enjoy the new perks!

MomOfThreeTeens
08-22-2007, 04:20 PM
Kristen-Sorry to hear about DH's tooth, man when your mouth hurts, everything hurts!

Amy-I told them if I started gaining weight when they added food back in, that I would stop eating! LOL Well it wasnt adding the extra food that caused me to gain weight, it was the PMS junk food binge! LOL Thats why I've been doing weight loss mode this week!

LizzyW
08-22-2007, 04:41 PM
Howdy all,

Well I had the AC looked at this morning and fill up the freon. He said the unit we have is not a very good one. He gave us an estimate to replace the whole system, mind you this is evaporated air not a swamp cooler, for $6000. My chin dropped. Just to have the system flushed to spot a leak was $1700. I didn't do either, just had him fill the freon. We will have to talk about whether or not to get a new system when Dan gets home. So today it was $365 to have the system serviced.

Above all, being home this morning, I didn't cheat at all. I do have a question though. I know SF jello is a freebee, what about SF pudding? Just wondering because it helps with my sweet tooth. TOM is supposed to hit any day now so the munchies are coming full force.

Nicole - I haven't seen the site yet, but I am so excited for you. I have talked about opening my own software business, but just can't seem to do it. The whole confidence thing ya know.

Kristen - sorry to hear about DH's tooth. I know how it is having a broken tooth. Not very fun. I just had it pulled.

Amy - Since we don't even have a COD anymore, I have no idea what the menu would be like on either stabilization or maintenance, so it should be interesting. At least you have something you can go by. LOL

Heather, Kim#2, Kim#3 - You guys are so lucky. We never have anybody living in NM to meet with. Though it has been discussed with other site friends to meet somewhere. Not always an easy thing when it is out of state.

Hi to the other losers that I have missed. Hope everyone has a great POP day, as I have so far, and will talk to you more later.

Liz
XOXOXO

Katy66
08-22-2007, 05:19 PM
The new plan says that SF FF Pudding made w/ Skim Milk (at home) is a dairy. I found some of the SF cups of pudding that only have 1g of fat and have been using them. They probably won't like it at COD, not sure if I will tell them it isn't made at home:)

Mama Nicole
08-22-2007, 05:30 PM
Kristen.....I am pretty sure ricotta cheese counts as a protein on LAWL, as long as it is part skim. I cannot recall at the moment what the amount is, but I will check next time I am in the kitchen.
XOXO

chiquita623
08-22-2007, 05:48 PM
Good Afternoon to Everyone. My day here is pretty boring so far. Just not too busy. Maybe the boss will let me leave early since it's so dead. Yeah right - that'll happen only in my dreams.

Nicole - are you going to make baby quilts/blankets? My daughter is expecting in February (not sure if it will be a blue or pink bundle yet) and if you make blankets I'll be interested in one. I checked out your website and it's awesome!! I'll be sure to add it to my favs.

Today is my 2nd day of TO and one of the bosses here brought in chocolate cupcakes and chocolate milk and proceeded to put them in the middle of my desk. He said he doesn't want to be the only one eating them. I very politely put them in the kitchen and told him I'd have to take a raincheck. But boy was I tempted!!! I guess it was a sort of NSV.

Hope everyone had a POP day.

Katy66
08-22-2007, 05:52 PM
Laurie - that is an awesome NSV, congrats!

chiquita623
08-22-2007, 05:55 PM
:D "Thank you, thank you very much" she said in her best Elvis voice.

healthy2b
08-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Hi all....back to work from being off for four weeks due to surgery. Hopefully everything will get back to normal and I will be able to post more often.

The worst thing happened Monday! DH and I returned from our cruise Monday afternoon and had just left the house to run some errands when my *8 mo pregnant DD called in a panic....I could tell something was wrong before she said anything. She was at the high school track walking and all of a sudden she started to bleed heavily (sp?)....the paramedics estimated she lost about a liter of blood on the track and in her car before they got her to the hospital. Her DH is a firefighter/EMT and was on ambulance duty and she was afraid when we called 911 he would hear it without knowing what was going on. DH and I got to the school before the ambulance and we were trying to keep her calm but it was so terrible.....when the paramedics got there, they finally felt the baby move and that calmed DD down (this is her second pregnancy, she lost the first baby at 12 weeks). When we arrived at the hospital, they did several tests, but couldn't find where the blood was coming from. Baby and mom are okay and they kept her in the hospital for 24 hours for observation. Bleeding stopped, she never was in any pain and she is now at home and on bed rest for the rest of the time until delivery. DD is a nurse but that didn't make things any better. I just wish they would have found a cause or reason so we knew what we were dealing with. Oh, by the way.....the paramedics did get hold of DD's DH and he was on another call and met us at the emergency room when they dropped off the patient he was working on. It was CRAZY....I have never seen blood coming from someone at that level and it not be a bad thing. Has any one heard of this happening before and nothing being found?

Joni135
08-22-2007, 06:56 PM
Dan - There were a couple of guys from the current caterer who were arrested the other night. Was it for a-SALT and battery??

Liz - good luck with your A/C! Mine went on the fritz this year (about a 12 year old unit) and I replaced it, but got a "deal" at $4200. Yuck!

Lettie - good to see you and thanks for checking in. Lots of us are doing this without the COD...so just check here as often as you can and we'll keep you honest.

Liza - how did you add that cool picture thing at the end?

Nicole - Tim won't let me dress my dogs, so I may not be a customer for clothes anytime soon. I'm still waiting for the homemade protein bars :-)

OH!-whoever mentioned the Biggest Loser workout challenge--I am IN! Let's start a thread and be accountable on there. My goal is to do the DVD one day and go to the gym the next. I'd love to have a support group for that on here to keep me motivated. Let's do it!
I'm in for this too!! I'm going to go look for this and try to do it! I can't wait for the new show to start in just a couple weeks.

Carrie - just editing my post after reading yours. I have never heard of such a thing and how scary! Let us know if you find out anything.

Kristen - oh, I almost forgot to say hi and thanks for stopping by and catching us up. Sounds like you've got a good plan for getting back on track with everything. We all know that planning is key!

KrispieD
08-22-2007, 07:53 PM
Carrie hope all goes well. I was blessed with two problem free pregancies but have many women who have had scares like that and baby has been fine..mom too so don't fret if you can.. easier said than done I know. We're all wishing you a happy and healthy grandbaby!
Joni.. glad to see you too.. the A Salt and Battery gave me my first and only laugh today.. you are divine
Have a great night all.. after a long absence away I will be on here more often.. missed all of you too much and I'll be on here to be accountable and dang it I am going to reach 151 by the end of September to get my 100lb loss! THEN I may just have a celebratory Blizzard! :)

Kim0303
08-22-2007, 08:36 PM
Heather and Kim#2 - Early sunday afternoon around 1 is best for me right after church. Then we usually head to the mountains to my parents place. That is the only day my DH and DD are both off together. Kim #2 I told Krystal about your blog and she said she was going to call you. Today was the first time she has ever worked with me.

Nicole - I tried to find a link to your website and I missed the post. Would you send it to me in a PM? I am with you on the scale thing. Mine never weighs the same and seems to be 5 pounds heavier than the center. I wish I had one that would weigh the same when you get on and get off and then back on. Crazy things!

Katy - My father-in-law was born and raised in Cades Cove befor he got kicked out at 16. Several of my DD and DH relatives are buried up there. DD loves it up there or anywhere in the mountains. Definately in her blood. I hear all these ladies talking about DD in a dress, well it is blue jeans and dress pants to church for my daughter. Not frilly any more. She went to church with a friend and didn't have time to come home to get the only skirt she owns and wore dress pants and her friend made a comment about wearing pants to church. I told DD to get over it that is the way some of the country churches are and if it offended her to not go back. I think it was just a shock because our church would never say anything to anyone no matter what they wore. Main thing is to get them there. Ok, quit rambling.

Carrie - Glad your DD and grandbaby are OK. Being a nurse was probably worse for her. I know being in the medical field can sometimes make you imagine the worse and you don't always agree with your care or the care of your love ones.

Still holding on at the scale. Hate that. Hope everyone has a POP day

bayoubelle68
08-22-2007, 09:13 PM
I had planned to go and WI during my class's PE time (11:15-11:45) today, but a parent had called yesterday to say that she HAD to see me today. I stayed at school and guess what...she didn't come. So I went to WI after school. I didn't want to go weigh that late in the day, but I did it anyway. I was SHOCKED to see that I had lost 2.2 since Saturday! I guess that comes from being on my feet all day long - with TWENTY-SEVEN 2nd graders!!

That parent, by the way, called the school at 3:45 yesterday (we start loading buses at 3:15 and teachers can clock out at 3:50). She said, "I just wanted you to know that we're coming to your parent orientation tonight." I said, "No ma'am, that was LAST Tuesday." She said, "When are you going to do it again?" I told her that we only do one parent orientation, but I had already sent her all the information covered. She said (you've gotta love this), "Well, you stay right where you are. We're on our way up there right now." I said, "Let me save you a trip. I'm afraid I'm leaving in 5 minutes." She said (sounding genuinely shocked and very rude), "EXCUSE me?" I said, "Ma'am, I work here from 7:30 in the morning until 3:50 in the afternoon and then I go home to my family. If you want to see me, my only break all day long is from 11:15 to 11:45." She said, "So you expect me to work around your schedule?" And I said, "Only if you want to see me." And she said that she would be there today.

I swear, some parents seem to think that teachers live at the school! If she had come to orientation, she would have heard my annual speech that says, "During the day, your child is my priority. I am his parent while he's at school and I will devote everything I have to your child. But after school, my family is my priority. If you honestly feel that speaking to me after school is essential, then by all means, call me at home. But don't expect to speak to me for more than 5 minutes, and do not call my home after 8:00." I know I sound like a meaniehead (as my DD would say), but you wouldn't believe the calls I've gotten at 10:00 on a school night to ask me why their child missed number 4 on a math test!

I even had a parent last year, COME TO MY HOUSE at 9:45 on a school night to ask me if she had paid for our class fun day. I told her that I didn't have the list at home and would think that she could remember if she had paid. I also told her that her coming to my house so late was completely inappropriate and she said, "Well, I've been at the laundromat and when I drove by, I saw your lights on." I said, "Yes, ma'am, this light is on, but my children were asleep until you rang the doorbell. Do you not remember the class contract that you signed that said you wouldn't call after 8:00?" She said, "Yeah, but I didn't call, did I?" I walked back in my house and closed the door! The next day, she came to school to tell my principal that I had been rude to her when she dropped by to talk to me. My principal said, "You went to her house?" When she told her what time it had been, my principal said, "You really have some nerve coming here to tell me that SHE was rude! You had no business at her home - at ANY hour, much less that late at night!"

Sheesh! I could tell you stories!!

lizababe
08-22-2007, 09:47 PM
Wow Felicia... I don't know how you do it. My hat is off to you... I'd be using swear words. A lot of them to get my point across!

Congrats on your weight loss!!!!!

equinetcan
08-22-2007, 09:51 PM
Hi everyone,

Been a busy few days here. Work tomorrow, then off friday and I signed up to work all day 1-9 on saturday. They needed the help and I want the time to bank. I'll also be working labor day and get triple time that day where it's a holiday so that's coming up in another week too. I go back to training for a week again on monday.

Financing came back all approved and ready to go for the house and now just the inspection on friday afternoon. Hopefully that goes ok. It's only 5 years old so I don't expect any real problems.

Kim #3 - I haven't signed up for the Mary kay yet but I am seriously thinking about it after the new year when things die down a bit. I would be on the team of a friend (and ex relative) so at least I would know someone to show me the ropes. I just can't commit right now with all the changes in work and also the potential closing on the house and moving this fall.

I also have my realtor trying desperately to get me to take the realtor courses and get my license. I would love to but I have to save some $$ first so I have a buffer until I would sell my first couple of homes. They do a mentoring program at her company and it works out really well and I would work with her. She has been after me for a few years now. I may take the course next year as I can do that on weekends and still work full time. The tuition I get to claim on taxes too. Hopefully I can figure out a way to do it as I would love to get away from the call center atmosphere. I don't mind it most days but sometimes it can be really difficult.

Have a good night everyone and a great day on thursday!!!

SaskNewfie
08-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Well, I was hoping to go back to lawl and jump back on the program. However, it ain't gonna happen...I'm leaving in 3 weeks for 2 months on a military leadership course, so by the time i get back my plan will pretty much be done. I guess it's definately time to apply what I've learned during the months I actually stuck to it. Let me see if i got it right:

a. Increase exercise
b. Cut back on beer
c. Limit my contribution to the demise of our feathered friends (limit chicken wing intake for those who don't know me)

Following those 3 alone should get me where I want!

MomOfThreeTeens
08-22-2007, 10:29 PM
LOL Jason that about covers it! Now you just gotta do it :-)

Kim #3-after church would be fine with me, wanna try doing lunch? We'll all promise to get something OP! LOL

Carrie-I cant imagine the scare but glad everything is ok, keep us informed please.

Dan2112
08-22-2007, 10:54 PM
Hey Jason.. Good to see you!

Things are going well up here.. another quiet day.. I got my demobilization orders.. I leave camp around 4 on Saturday, which will give me time to get some work done in the morning and then pack my crap in the afternoon and get my paperwork done. I'll spend the night in Boise and then fly outta here on Sunday at 7:30 a.m....

Dinner tonight was baked ziti with italian sausage.. I didn't really eat much at lunch today, as we were on the road.. Had my fruit and some nuts... So I had no real choice other than to eat the ziti and, yes, the sausage... I feel like crap now...

Anyway, I'll talk to you soon... Oh, and Joni.. Ha Ha Ha...

amylou7777
08-23-2007, 01:35 AM
Joni-:rofl:
so funny!

Tina-people better be noticing! You are doing so awesome!

Carrie-that is SO scary. I am so glad that things are ok. She is almost there...sometimes you never know during pregnancy. I haven't gone through it yet, but seems like everyone around me is preggers these days and it is always scary when anything abnormal happens. I'm so glad she was able to get to her car to get help!!!

LETTIE! There you are! So glad to see you on here. I will be keeping fingers crossed for DD! I know things will fall into place for you very soon.

Amy-congrats on stabilization! Must feel awesome.

Felicia- I cannot even begin to imagine dealing with parents on a level like that. I was a tutor in a bilingual classroom for 4 during college in san diego. Our parents were always extremely appreciative bc they were thrilled that their kids were able to communicate in both languages with their teachers. I seriously would not know what to do if a parent was on my doorstep. People just lose their tact when it comes to certain things. I'm so glad you don't let people walk all over you! YOu sound like such a cool teacher! CONGRATS on your afterschool w/i loss! AMAZING! :goodscale

ok, i'm off to join the biggest loser exercise challenge!

katy, dan, liz, liza (love your prevention models!), kristen, all of the kims, heather, pearl, :crazy: HI!!!!

amylou7777
08-23-2007, 01:36 AM
AND MAMA NICOLE!! at this point i can't wait for the no scale challenge....this no movement/gaining is getting old!

dolphn545
08-23-2007, 08:19 AM
Good Morning Everybody! :wave:

I missed a whole bunch of posts. But I wanted to pop in and say hi. I had no internet for a few days, and now I'm back to stupid slow dial up (temporarily). AACCKK!! I guess you sometimes don't appreciate things until they are gone. So, in an effort to save myself some aggravation, I won't be able to go back to the past four pages, but I will try to keep up now.

Hope everyone has a great POP day!! :goodluck: to all those who are going to WI today. Hope the scale is good to you!

:cheers:

aguerin
08-23-2007, 09:40 AM
GM all. Here's to another POP day. Is it Thursday already?

Felicia - My mouth just dropped at the audacity of those parents. I'm like Liza, they would have learned that Teachers can use some colorful 4 letter words. You handled yourself so well though. Congrats on your tactfulness.

Nicole- I'm practicing for the No Scale Challenge. I didn't get on mine this morning. And I wanted to soooooo bad since I had a good loss yesterday. I also just remembered I have that trip to ABQ next week and won't be at the COD, so I may go over a week w/o weighing in. Yeah right. :lol: When are we going to start that anyway?

Anybody know where JulieMarie is again?

Heather115
08-23-2007, 10:38 AM
Kims #2 and #3 - Lunch Sunday would be awesome! I like Ruby Tuesday's salad bar and turkey mini burgers. Do you guys like Ruby's? I feel so fortunate to have the opportunity to meet you guys! Such a small world, isn't it?

Mama Nicole
08-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Good morning everyone!!!

I am going to try to do a few personals, but YDS is being quite demanding this a.m., so no clue where this will end…….lol.

Liz…..I know, the whole confidence thing. I think experts call it, “the fear of success,” which seems like a contradiction, but it really is the truth. We tell ourselves we are nervous about failing, but the truth is, it is just the opposite. I think you should go for it.

Katy……I love my sugar free fat free pistachio pudding. Some days that is the only thing that can keep me on the straight and narrow.

Nicole - are you going to make baby quilts/blankets? My daughter is expecting in February (not sure if it will be a blue or pink bundle yet) and if you make blankets I'll be interested in one. I checked out your website and it's awesome!! I'll be sure to add it to my favs.

Lauri……yeah…….actually, I am thinking about putting at least one type of blankie on my site. I always make a double sided flannel quilt for each baby that is born into the family. I will have to take a picture of DS’s blankie later. They all have a nice wide satin binding that make them extra special. Thanks for the idea……you guys are the best.

Carrie……..your poor DD and family. That must have been so awful and scary for all of you. The next month or so is going to be sooo long for DD, and really, for all of you. We are all crossing our fingers for you!

Dan - . Was it for a-SALT and battery??

Joni…….LOVE IT!!!! How are you and Charlie?

Kristen……….I can’t even believe it is almost 100 lbs for you. What an accomplishment!!! WHOOOHOOOO!!!

Hey Pearl…….how’s it going?

Kim #3…….I put the link to my website in my signature right after my name. Thanks for asking. I am so with you on the sclae thing!!!

Felicia……..and just imagine…..these self centered people are raising children!!!!

Alannah……….congrats on financing go through!!! This can be such a nerve wracking time. I am excited for you. I have a girlfriend who became a realtor this year. She is doing soooo well. I would love to check into that as well……but it takes a decent amount of $$$ to start that here. You should PM Wendy about it……she works in a real estate office.

Jason……..you always crack me up. They can put your weeks on hold if you want……..but if you decide to do it on your own…..we are all here for you. Welcome back.

Kim #2…….congrats on getting back OP, or shall I say POP. It feels good, doesn’t it?

Aw, Dan……it’s just sausage………it will be ok………and now move on!

Amy no sclae challenge starts Monday after WI. It will run for 6 days. I will, or someone will start a new thread when it gets closer so we can all go crazy together!

Good to see you, Sherry.

Hey, where the heck IS JM? And Kim(phin)……Nashville Debbie….and…..and…….

TN Heather…….I am so jealous that you get to meet the two of the Kims!!!! Have a blast!!!

Ok, I am going to try to upload some pics. I started a baby bonnet last night……but I think it needs some adjustments. I will try to imbed two pictures on my next post…..one of the bonnet, and one of DS’s blankie.

Hi Tina :)

Ok, time to get the boys interested in something besides taking all the cushions off of my sofas.
XOXO

healthy2b
08-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Good Morning

Alannah - congrats on the new house - hope the inspection goes well

Kim #2 - read the blog/bio about you - now your a celebrity;)

Dan - I'm really impressed how youstay motivated while traveling - travel always throws me off-

Sherry- hope your computer problems get resolved soon - dial up can be so agrivating when your used th the faster service

Felicia - Kuddos to you for your patience - dealing with parents can be so challenging

Nicole - I saw your web page - looks like your on your way to starting your business - good luck!

Amy - good luch and congrats on stabilization!

Liza - Mexico vacation should be coming up! right?

Hi - Amylou, Kristen, Liz, Kay, Katie, Lauri, Heather, Joni , Heather115, and Karen.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers for DD and DGS. Everything seems to be fine, all contractions and bleeding has stopped and she is trying to just rest. She is such a busy bee that just laying around will be a challenge for her but she knows this is for the baby so she is trying really hard. Her co-workers at the hosipital were going to give her a shower tomorrow so they have cancelled it and a couple of the nurses she works with are gathering the gifts and bringing them to her instead. THey have been really great and have been checking on her regularly. She is a gynocology operating room nurse so she is friends with all the ob doctors so she is getting the best of care.

Yesterday was my first full day back to work since my surgery. It went okay, but had an atrocious headache all day. I spoke with the doctor last night because I thought my head was going to explode. I don't remember if I mentioned it or not, but when I came out of surgery I was nearly blind. I could see light/dark but everything was blurry for about a day and a half and slowly got better over the next two weeks. I still have to really work at it to see to read and have always had 20/15 vision so this really sucks. Doc thinks the headaches are due to stress on the eyes at work so had to get some glasses to see if it helps. So far so good this morning with the glasses, no headache yet. Doc thinks the vision problems could be a reaction from the meds given during surgery and hoping it continues to improve. We'll see.

Sorry for the long post.....Everyone have a great day!

Mama Nicole
08-23-2007, 11:15 AM
Carrie......don't apologize for your long post..........I mean......look who you are talking to....LOL

Ok, I am going to try to put these images on this post......
Well, for some reason, my webshots codes aren't working. I will put the bonnet picture in my profile now.....and maybe I can figure out webshots later.
XOXO

Mama Nicole
08-23-2007, 11:21 AM
Hey, where are Katie and Angie?

bahamadream10
08-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Happy Thursday everyone! I haven't had a chance to read everyone's posts but I thought I would just say a quick hello. I didn't get a response regarding the women's weekly article so I asked COD today at my WI and she had no clue what I was talking about, but when I asked her about having the whole cantalope compared to 1/2 she didn't look surprised she just asked me how old the woman was because I guess if she was over 60 they suggest doing the whole cantaloupe because of the extra nutrients but never really gave me a clear answer and I just dropped it, but I might just try the whole cantaloupe one of these times to see if it works. Although it might throw my sugar way off since I am hyperglycemic and cantaloupe is full of sugar. Who knows, I won't know until I try.

Nicole- I can't wait until you get things in your catalog! I am always looking for little girl clothes. Have you thought about doing matching doll clothes? Would you be able to personalize the baby blankets with the baby's name and DOB on it?

I am so jealous some of you guys are able to meet, but I am so happy for you that is so great!!

Have a great day!!!!

Heather115
08-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Kristen.....I am pretty sure ricotta cheese counts as a protein on LAWL, as long as it is part skim. I cannot recall at the moment what the amount is, but I will check next time I am in the kitchen.
XOXO

Mama Nicole is correct (as always!)

Vegetarian Proteins
Ricotta Cheese, part skim...1/2 cup

healthy2b
08-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Nicole - love the bonnet

Mama Nicole
08-23-2007, 11:45 AM
Thanks Carrie. I am thinking that I may make the brim a little shorter. The one I saw had the brim folded back.....but I don't think I like that one as well. What do you think?

LizzyW
08-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Morning all,

It is Thursday which means Dan comes home in 3 days. YIPEE!!!! My at home WI today was 170.4. I am finally moving in the right direction again. Man what eating correctly can do huh!!

Amy - Have you been to ABQ before? That is cool you are coming here. I sure do like this place. Enjoy the visit.

Sherry - Since we have a cable modem, we have sworn we will never go back to dial up again. Man what a difference it really makes.

Jason - great to see you have the rules down. Now you just need to implement them. Welcome back. I know Dan likes all the ladies, but a guy around here is probably nice.

Alannah - Congrats on the financing. Gosh I hate all the paperwork you have to sign in order to buy a house. Good luck on the inspection. I am sure it will go well.

Carrie - Glad to hear that DD and baby are doing better. I am sure that was very scary and you all handled the situation very well. Not sure what I would have done. Sorry about the headaches you were having. I hope the glasses help.

Nicole - I love the bonnet. Reminds me of the old west where all the woman wore bonnets. I think they are so cute. And just think of all the different fabric you could use for them. I also love your website and signed your guest book. You are going to so rock!!

Well I guess I had better try to get some done. Not sure how much since the bosses are out for a week and a half. POP Party!!!

Liz

Mama Nicole
08-23-2007, 12:01 PM
http://thumb5.webshots.net/t/52/152/1/69/60/2072169600099958805YojSQH_th.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2072169600099958805YojSQH)

Mama Nicole
08-23-2007, 12:02 PM
http://thumb5.webshots.net/t/34/35/8/70/91/2185870910099958805jeaSTy_th.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2185870910099958805jeaSTy)
This is Andrew's blankie. It is flannel on both sides with a silky edge. The only problem is, it costs me around $25.00 to make......so they would have to be really expensive....and that could be a problem. They feel super yummy though ;)

Heather115
08-23-2007, 12:35 PM
Whoo hoo! A small NSV for me, but an NSV all the same!

I was just able to pull my size 14 pants down without unbuttoning or unzipping them! :o I know that's a weird thing to share on a board on the internet, but I just know you all will understand how exciting that is!!!

:dance:

aguerin
08-23-2007, 12:54 PM
Congrats on that Victory! Heather.

Nicole - Forget the Bonnet, I want one of the kids. LOL Do you have any of those you are going to put on the website? They are so cute.

Lizzy - I have been to ABQ several times before. I have went up on the tram and will NEVER do that again. I have been to Old Town a couple of times and really like it down there. There was also a place I ate at called The Bean pot or Pinto Bean or something like that that was a nice drive outside the city. What are your suggestions for must do's while there?

Baby Deer is finally nursing the bottle of his own will so that is a step in the right direction. No more force feeding. Got up this morning and he was laying on the couch like a dog though. Gonna have to do something about that.

Mama Nicole
08-23-2007, 01:09 PM
LOL, Amy, that is quite the mental picture.....maybe you shoud take a picture for us....

healthy2b
08-23-2007, 02:55 PM
Nicole - could you have the option of either long or short brim? That may be too much but after a while you would see which one got the most orders and you could drop the other one. Just a thought. The blanket looks great also. Do you think if you bought the fabric in bulk it would save enough money to help with the cost of the blanket?

healthy2b
08-23-2007, 02:57 PM
WHoo Hoo TN Heather! I understand your excitment!

Mama Nicole
08-23-2007, 05:00 PM
Ahhhh, my afternoon break. I love this site.

Carrie........that is exactly what my mom and I were discussing earlier :) Thank you for taking the time to give me your opinions...........

And really.....thanks to all of you.....for all of your support and encouragement. I realize I may have been hijacking this thread for the last couple of days.......I'm sorry about that. I don't mean to be inconsiderate......I'm just so excited, it's like that's all I can think about :) So, thanks everyone....for your time, opinions, and patience :) :hug:

So shere is everyone else today? It's oddly quiet for a Thursday.

Ok, baby (he's almost three...will he always be my baby????) is needing me....I'll be back :)
XOXO

emmysmom
08-23-2007, 05:16 PM
Nicole - a friend of mine makes crafty things and sells them...she buys all of her supplies on e-bay. Maybe you can buy your materials there?

chiquita623
08-23-2007, 05:26 PM
:carrot: WTG Heather!!! Keep up the good work!!

chiquita623
08-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Nicole - count me in for the scale challenge. I normally WI on Mondays and Thursdays at the COD but will ask them not to tell me anything about whether I'm up, down or staying the same until this is all done. Tell me again when we're starting and stopping this. I'm so confused!! But a willing victim/participant!!

healthy2b
08-23-2007, 05:58 PM
Nicole - my baby is 19 and will always be my baby.....he just left yesterday for college along with my other two girls so the house is very quiet right now.

Katy66
08-23-2007, 05:59 PM
Hey everyone! What a Thursday. My staff here at the office are moving to new offices, we have some renovations going on so I've been busy with that most of the day. Just got to my office and caught up on the days work emails and decided to check in here.

Joni - To funny a-salt. Dan was probably doing the arresting:)

Kim3 - It was terribly sad to me how our government treated the people in the area, after promising they didn't have to leave. I'm sure some are still very bitter about it and I don't blame them!

Carrie - How scary for your DD. I'm glad to hear that she is feeling better. I was on bed rest for two weeks with my DD and it was very difficult. I feel for her and will keep her, the baby, and the rest of the family in my prayers.

Felicia - The nerve of some people, it is like you have no life of your own. One thing I've learned early on (DD is in daycare) is that if you are entrusting your child to someone you better treat them with a little respect and consideration.

Nicole - The bonnet is adorable. I'm in for the no scale challenge, starts Tuesday right?

Liz - congrats on the loss, I know you will be glad to have Dan home.

Heather - congrats on your NSV!

Amy - I just can't imagine a deer on my couch, even a baby one:)

Big hello to Alannah, Dan, Jason, Amy, Kim2 and anyone else I've missed. "See ya later"

Heather115
08-23-2007, 10:13 PM
First of all, I can't believe 4 hours have gone by with no posts! Is that a record?!

Good day for me all the way around! First, the pants thing I posted earlier. Next, a co-worker noticed that I've lost weight. Then, weighed in at the COD for another 1.4 lb. loss. It was also measure day, so the final big V was a 3.75" loss in the four weeks since I signed up with LAWL. Considering I didn't start the diet until 4 days after I signed up, it has really only been 26 days, not 30 like they say (every little detail makes a difference at this point, you know!) Whoo hoo!:carrot:

Enough about me! It sounds like there's a lot going on with everyone. I don't know everyone well enough to do all the personals like you seasoned veterans do. I just hope you all know how much your support means to me and how blessed I feel to have found this board. Just reading the posts where you guys talk about all your personal, non-WL related things make me realize what good friends you've all become. I'm glad to be a part of it!

Have a great night everyone and here's to a POP day tomorrow!

Joni135
08-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Katy (NC) - Sounds like you are one busy lady....but I always thought moving to a new office was fun (of course I didn't have to do any of the behind the scenes stuff!).

OMG Amy...what's your game plan for "Bambi?" I think Dan suggested calling some service, but I can't remember which one. Baby Deer is finally nursing the bottle of his own will so that is a step in the right direction. No more force feeding. Got up this morning and he was laying on the couch like a dog though. Gonna have to do something about that.
This cracked me up...didn't take 'baby' long to figure out how to make him/herself at home!..

Nicole - I'm loving the pictures (Blankie, DS, and bonnet...brim smaller..yes...good idea)...With Christmas right around the corner...you never know what folks are willing to fork out moneywise, but you do need to find a reasonable price point....at least that's my guess.

Lizzy - So, Dan is home in a few days, BUT look at your scale go DOWN when he's gone. I think Dan is slipping salt and fat grams into your food when you are not looking!!! Beware of D. Ware!!

Carrie - glad to hear your DD is under good care and I'll keep everyone in my thoughts. As far as your eyes, headache, vision, etc.....go and get a thorough eye exam from a good optomitrist. Your eyesight is way too important and while the meds/surgery could be to blame, I think you owe it to yourself to hear this from an eye specialist. I just had my annual exam and got a clear bill of eye health...meaning my eyes are healthy....but I still need my one contact and my various prescription lenses to see anything. My eyesight did not take well to the aging process...but I have adjusted.

Well, Felicia...first, I have to say that you are totally in the right for everything you have said about teachers, students, and parents. I'm actually shocked that parents think you should be accessible after school hours and that you should work around their schedules. I guess teachers aren't supposed to have a life???? You seem to have great control and confidence over the situation; you just need to teach the parents in addition to their children! I often regret that I didn't pursue my teaching degree, but then when I read stuff like this, maybe it was meant to be....I could very well be in jail by now!

Kristen - okay....how can we all help you get to that 100 lb mark??? Are you still swimming? I think you said you have a September game plan and I have all the faith that you can do this. How's DH's toothie doing?

I know there was some mention about the Woman's World magazine article that is related to LA Weight Loss program...I picked up the magazine tonight and it's a good article....The premise is that doing the 2 day acceleration menu shocks your system...most people eat the same way every day with little variation and our bodies very quickly adapt to these eating patterns. The change in diet shakes up the metabolism and makes it work harder. I haven't been to the COD in a while, but I guess this is the premise behind the 8 week makeover program they promoted...
It says that for two consecutive days you do the "fat burning acceleration menu" and that includes:
- 2 protein bars (at least 8 gr of protein adn up to 180 calories each, such as a Luna Bar)
- 1 whole canteloupe
- 6 oz of lean protein (such as chicken, fish, beef or eggs)
- unlimited veggies
- unlimited very low cal extras such as vinegar and spices
- unlimited water; other zero calorie beverages in moderation
The other 5 days you are follow a basic fat burning menu (they show sample menus for b'fast, lunch, dinner, one dessert each day, 2 snacks (e.g., a snack bar up to 100 calories; 1/2C SF ice cream with 1 tsp sliced almonds, 1/2C fortified cereal) each day - but NO protein bars/LA Lites on these 5days...).
A final interesting comment in the article says "The folks at LAWL also recommend 30-60 minutes walking or other vigorous exercise daily." Of coure, we all already know this.

Okay, Nicole...thanks for calling me out earlier today. Hope this long post makes up for my absence.

Joni135
08-23-2007, 10:39 PM
Heather (TN)...I was composing while you were posting...You are doing great...

This site has been a godsend for me over the past 18 months....it doesn't take long to become a seasoned vet...the secret is to keep coming around, checking in and sharing your NSVs or tips, tricks, etc. If I was as good about planning my daily menu and exercise as I was about checking in here and posting, I'd surely be at goal by now...But I'm not. Maybe I'm afraid if I get to goal, I won't come here and chat.....Nah.....that won't happen anytime soon!

Heather115
08-23-2007, 10:58 PM
Joni - How's Charlie? How are you?? I have 3 goldens - 6 years old, 4 years old and 6 months. All are rescues with various health issues although none very serious. I feel for you and what you're going through with Charlie. I haven't been there, but don't look forward to my dogs aging and not being the perky, peppy pups they are now. Take care of you and of Charlie-dog.

bayoubelle68
08-23-2007, 11:46 PM
Evening, all. I am SO tired! We are STILL going to our old house and working most nights, trying to get the rest of our junk out of it and get garage sale stuff ready and just get it cleaned up. On most evenings, I leave school at 4, DS and I go to get DD from daycare, we pick up their dinner at a drive-thru, and then we go to the old house where they eat and watch movies while DH and I work for 2-3 hours. After a full day in the classroom, it's just exhausting! But we're nearing the end!

I'm off to bed.

lizababe
08-24-2007, 12:20 AM
Hi Everyone!

Amy - I want pics of that deer on your couch!

Joni - You are such an inspiration and motivator! Reach your goal and keep cheering us on! We'll always need you!

Where's Pearl?

Lettie - good to see you back!

Felicia - If you're still between two houses, maybe it will be harder for the nutty parents to track you down!

Hi Kristen, Nicole (maker of the most awesome girl things!) Dan, Liz, Alannah, Angie, Katy, Katie, Debs, Heathers and darnit I know I'm forgetting peeps!

Welcome newbies too!

One full week of POP for me! I've gone for a run every day. Twice this week I did it during the day (so Buster can check his peemail) and then did a bike ride in the evening when I got home. The scale has been mostly cooperating so hopefully I'll be down a few lbs before I go to Mexico. I have no intentions of being POP when it comes to my lobster and margaritas that are waiting for me. Yea Dan, margaritas with SALT!

Just one more day of work! I'm going to be here for the weekend having some fun with the kiddo then off to Mexico on Monday.

Have a great evening!

MomOfThreeTeens
08-24-2007, 12:25 AM
Liza-I am SO jealous, have a great time!

Heather-Wooo hoooo on the pants chickie! Thats awesome!

Nicole-The bonnet is beautiful!

Amy-I cant believe you have a baby deer in your living room! LOL

We're headed to the H.O.G rally tomorrow, its just in Knoxville, but its gonna be great...Ohhh HOG rally is a big 2 day party for Harley Riders! LOK Forget everybody doesnt speak Harley!

bradleys mom
08-24-2007, 12:30 AM
Ughh, I am so miserable, with no working scale and I havent WI since Monday! Im losing it....

Any race fans out there? I'll trade places with ya! I work in Bristol, and thats where the race is this weekend. Traffic is HORRIBLE!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!!

Kim0303
08-24-2007, 12:58 AM
Just read through all the post. WOW. Lots of reading. Glad everyone is having a fairly good day. Stay POP!
I read the Women's World article and think I am going to start it tomorrow. Bought my cantelope today grown on a local from from Wal mart. How luck is that? What is the cantelope suppose to do?
Kim

Repo girl
08-24-2007, 10:03 AM
Morning everyone!

Kim- Have a great time at the HOG rally. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Felicia- Sounds like school parents can be as rude as daycare parents. You are singing to the choir baby!

Joni- Thanks for sharing the Woman's World article. Interesting.

Nicole- I had a thought about fabric for your vintage dresses. A few weeks ago I went to our local farmers market. There was a lady selling the cutest skirts and purses. She had taken old fabric from her grandma, like clothes, bedding, drapes, etc, and sewed it into skirts and purses. I bought a very cool purse from her. Anyway, I noticed that our local thrift store, Deseret Industries, has tons of vintage stuff like that. If you do buy some fabric that way, wash it in detergent and 1/2 c of pine sol to sanitize and deoderize it.

****Poop Tip**** For all of you potty training mommies, and mommies in general, and furmommies: 1/2 cup of pine sol along with your detergent in the wasing machine is a great way to sanitize anything that has been defiled by pee, poop, puke, or anything else. Of course, bleach is the best, but some stuff you just can't bleach.

Yahooooo for Friday!!! I have got to sort my girls' clothes out tomorrow, exchange school clothes that did not fit, go to the Farmer's Market and stock up on fresh stuff, and go to a bachelorette party. Should be a fun day!

Have a fantastic day everyone!

Heather115
08-24-2007, 10:49 AM
Good morning all! I'm excited because I had PMs from the Kims when I signed in this morning and we are set for a lunch date on Sunday! It's going to be so awesome to see them in person. I know, we're so lucky!

Felicia - hang in there, girl! I'm sure you're pooped now, but think you much you'll be able to relax when this is all over. It won't be this way forever!

Amy - We're all picturing this precious fawn on your couch - we've just got to see the real thing! Please oh please post a picture! That's one of those things you'll want to remember forever. Once Bambi is too big for the couch, you'd better guard your bed! I think Dan recommended the Alabama Wildlife Agency or something like that to call when you're ready to send her (him?) back to the wild.

Liza - Like everybody else, I'm jealous of your little hideaway in Mexico and your upcoming va-cay. Have a blast! I'm also envious of your running. I've always wanted the long, lean muscles runners have, but hate not being able to breath, sweating profusely and the inevitable jostling and bouncing on my front side, no matter how tightly I strap on the sports bra. :) Maybe someday...

Kimberly R - I can't even imagine dealing with that kind of traffic. Don't let the stress get you down! And don't worry about not weighing in. There's a movement on this forum to forgo the scale for a whole week (I'm not part of it, mind you!). I think it's a great idea because we can get so caught up in the numbers that we don't see the other benefits we're getting from eating right. If you're sticking to plan, you'll just get a nice surprise when you do finally get to weigh in. Good luck!

Kim #2 - Have fun at the HOG Rally! We knew what you meant! Looking forward to meeting you Sunday! I'm gonna print your pic and have you autograph it for me! I told Krystle about the laathome.com thing last night when I was at the COD. She tried to view it, but couldn't without a user ID, etc. She was really proud though!

Kim #3 - I imagine the cantaloupe helps "flush" you out like the TO juice does. I love cantaloupe, but I don't think I would after eating a whole one in one day. Let us know how it goes for you! Can't wait to see you Sunday too!

Hey to everyone else! I hope you all are doing great and have plans for a fun, or at least relaxing, weekend! I have several eating challenges this weekend, but am planning ahead to minimize the risk of failure. Tonight we go to Mom's which is usually a temptation-filled meal. However, she knows about my WL efforts and cleared the menu with me yesterday. I should be okay there. Then, we are eating Mexican tomorrow night with a bunch of firefighter friends of my husband's. I've already checked out the menu and am getting a mixed greens salad with fresh fruit and pan-seared tuna. Sounds yummy doesn't it? Hope it's somewhat remotely on plan! Lunch with the Kims on Sunday should be easy since I'll have my support group right there with me!

I'll check in again later...have a fabulous POP day, everyone!

Heather115
08-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Any dog experts out there have an explanation for why my 6 year old, completely housebroken, well-trained golden retriever would get up at 1 AM from his cozy bed in my bedroom, walk into the hall, squat and pee? He didn't whine or try to wake me up to let him out or anything. Do dogs sleepwalk?!

After catching him in the act this time, I've been thinking back to another time I awoke in the middle of the night to a similar sound and just dismissed it as part of a dream. Or the other time I walked out in the hall and felt a damp place on the carpet that I couldn't explain. Why would he be having accidents now? My first thought is that something must be wrong physically (bladder infection or something), but he doesn't seem to be in pain.

I haven't found evidence of any accidents during the day when he's been home alone with our other dogs for hours at a time. I haven't really been looking for it though. I will now! And I will be cleaning carpets this weekend! Joy of joys!

I know if I call the vet, they will tell me to bring him in (which I probably will end up doing anyway), but wanted to see if any of you have had experience with this.

lizababe
08-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Liza - Like everybody else, I'm jealous of your little hideaway in Mexico and your upcoming va-cay. Have a blast! I'm also envious of your running. I've always wanted the long, lean muscles runners have, but hate not being able to breath, sweating profusely and the inevitable jostling and bouncing on my front side, no matter how tightly I strap on the sports bra. :) Maybe someday...

LMAO! I wish I could say I have a long lean figure of a runner and don't have the other problems. The main reason I run at night is so no one can see me. I have the frontage problem too. Picture short, chubby me kinda limping/running while holding onto my iPod that is hanging from my neck and at the same time holding the tatas down with my elbows. It's not a pretty site.

KrispieD
08-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Oh I need a plane to fly to TN on Sunday to do lunch with the girls! How many of us are SO jealous!!

Had my physical yesterday and doctor and nurse were shocked when I went in.. last year at my last check up I was 215lbs and yesterday weighed in at 160.. so they were very happy... and I was too!

My girlfriend had me over in the afternoon for some sushi and veggies and dip and gave me a dozen roses for my bday next week. Hubby is doing okay but his face is really swollen and I'm getting worried about infection! Has to have tooth pulled and right now is scheduled for next Friday the day before we have company all weekend. I'm bummed as our 10th anniversary is on Tues and my bday on Wed and I think the poor man is going to be feeling pretty lousy.. we can't get him in anywhere sooner.. maybe I can hide some tyelnols in a bouquet of roses for him as a gift?

September is my month to reclaim my organization and schedule! My friend who is also on the LAWL is doing the 18days of POP with me from Sept 4-22 and then again from Sept24-October5 which is our Thanksgiving.. I started LAWL on Sept 25 of last year so Joni my hope is to hit the 100lbs on that date...how fitting!!!!

Hope you all have a good weekend.. I'll be hitchiking to TN to meet the girls for lunch or Kim2 can you come get me on the HOG???

Okay ladies for a HYSTERICAL Friday laugh check out the link below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLHWmjA5IE

BeckyB759
08-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Hi everyone - hope everyone is having a good Friday so far - TGIF right!!!
-Heather - i was just reading your post and I had a similar experience with an aussie that I had - he was about 7 years old - and overweight by about 15 lbs - for most of his life - anyway - he started doing the same thing - then one day I noticed his vision was not so good so I took him in to the vet and he was diagnosed with diabetes - which is treatable but you have to get them in right away other wise they have a lot of health problems come up with not having the diabetes treated - such as loss of sight like my dog did - we had no idea at the time that he could have anything as he was a very healthy dog but the vet estimated that he had the diabetes for about 9-12 months before we realized it (ofcourse we had been in there 8 months before that for vaccinations and the vet didn't say a thing about his weight or notice anything different) so my dog had to deal with limited sight after that -but if left untreated eventually the diabetes will catch up with them and it can be fatal if untreated... Anyway - I just wanted to give you a heads up incase this might be it - the vet told me that the biggest sign of it is when a normally house trained dog all of a sudden starts wetting on the floor - its because diabetic dogs drink a ton of water and then they have bladder control issues. I hope you dog doesn't have it but it is treatable - about 80 dollars a month in shots that you have to learn to give. I would say take him in if you suspect it at all - is your dog overweight? There is a lot on the internet about it.. Hope this helps!!!

Heather115
08-24-2007, 12:09 PM
September is my month to reclaim my organization and schedule! My friend who is also on the LAWL is doing the 18days of POP with me from Sept 4-22 and then again from Sept24-October5 which is our Thanksgiving.. I started LAWL on Sept 25 of last year so Joni my hope is to hit the 100lbs on that date...how fitting!!!!

Kristen, when you say hit 100 lbs, what do you mean? Are you really trying to get to 120 lbs? I think I missed something...

KrispieD
08-24-2007, 12:16 PM
Hi Heather!
My heaviest was 251 lb so right now with summer I'm at 161 lbs.. another 10 to lose and I can say I've lost a century of weight!

Heather115
08-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Becky - what you said is exactly what I was starting to suspect after thinking about this some more. Shiloh is a rescue dog that had a pretty rough life before we took him in last November. He's been a model dog with no behavioral problems at all. He's had a few minor health things - fatty tumors, flea dermatitis, etc. We did chub him up some when we first got him, but he's slimmed back down to a more normal weight for him. He is extremely big-boned for a golden (according to the vet) so he's okay to be on the high end of the scale for his breed. The vet also told us the first time we took Shiloh in that he has cataracts.
I wonder though if it could be something like diabetes. I have noticed that he's been drinking a lot more than usual and this peeing in the house business is just not like him. I called the vet after I read your post and the tech agreed that he should be seen and have a urinalysis if nothing else. He's never had a urinalysis so this might have been going on for awhile. We're going this afternoon. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Anybody else had anything similar?

Heather115
08-24-2007, 12:31 PM
Kristen - that makes so much more sense now! I looked at your webshots photos and you already look awesome! I was thinking that at 5'8, you might not look so good at 120. :)
I was also thinking that with my goal at 150 for my 5'7 frame, I was taking it too easy on myself! Thanks for clearing that up. And you go girl! No doubt you can get that other 10 off!

aguerin
08-24-2007, 12:49 PM
GM All. Heres to a POP, Friday and weekend. Don't forget I am going to be in ABQ the first of next week so I wont be around for a few days. How close is ABQ to your location in Mexico Liza? I could just drive on down.

Another No Scale day for me at home. Yea! And Since I am going to be gone the first of next week and the following Monday is Labor day, if I can stay off the scale at home (please focus on the if) it will be 2 weeks w/o a WI. So I'm in for the No Scale Challenge.

I have been trying to get the deer and furkid pics uploaded all morning so I hope this works. Here is the link to Snapfish. You will probably have to have an account. I hope this works right. If not maybe katie can give me some tips.

http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=164687622/a=15895887_15895887/t_=15895887

Makena
08-24-2007, 01:14 PM
Hi all
I just thought I'd pop in and say hello. It's been a loooong time since I've been on here, and thought I'd look for some new and familiar faces. I haven't been OP since May, and have gained 9-10lbs. It feels terrible. I am hoping to gain some motivation to get back to it!

bradleys mom
08-24-2007, 02:14 PM
Any dog experts out there have an explanation for why my 6 year old, completely housebroken, well-trained golden retriever would get up at 1 AM from his cozy bed in my bedroom, walk into the hall, squat and pee? He didn't whine or try to wake me up to let him out or anything. Do dogs sleepwalk?!

After catching him in the act this time, I've been thinking back to another time I awoke in the middle of the night to a similar sound and just dismissed it as part of a dream. Or the other time I walked out in the hall and felt a damp place on the carpet that I couldn't explain. Why would he be having accidents now? My first thought is that something must be wrong physically (bladder infection or something), but he doesn't seem to be in pain.

I haven't found evidence of any accidents during the day when he's been home alone with our other dogs for hours at a time. I haven't really been looking for it though. I will now! And I will be cleaning carpets this weekend! Joy of joys!

I know if I call the vet, they will tell me to bring him in (which I probably will end up doing anyway), but wanted to see if any of you have had experience with this.

Sounds like a bladder infection or UTI. My cat did that too and I couldnt figure out what the deal was. It has something to do with the softness of the carpet (or warm freshly dried clothes that my cat would use), it takes away some of the painfulness of urination. I would take him to the vet before it turns into a habit, instead of a sign of an infection!

BTW, Thanks for the words of encouragement!! :)

KrispieD
08-24-2007, 02:39 PM
RHONDA!!!

:hug:

myboysnme2
08-24-2007, 02:44 PM
Hew gang! Today is a better day. I went to weigh in this morning and finally reached the 25 pound mark. I talked to my counseler about my "fat girl" image problem and like most of you said, it will probably just take some getting used to. She said when you are looking at yourself everyday it's sometimes harder to see. Others are noticing so I'll just be happy with that for now.;)

I have a few minutes so here is my attempt at a few personals..

Amy those pictures are precious! So the deer has a name huh? You can't get rid of it if it has name...

Nicole love the girly stuff, almost makes me wish I had one. My two boys cured me and actually now that I have them girls kind of scare me.

Heather, wish I could help with the doggie issue. We have a rescue dog that is just the sweetest best dog ever. I don't know how anyone could ever abuse/leave her. Good luck with the doc.

That's it for now, I'm having trouble concentrating at work today. I better get something done before it's time to leave.

Have a great weekend,
KimS

whatazoo
08-24-2007, 03:46 PM
Heather TN - I sent you a PM, but yes, my dog has diabetes as well. Was suspecting that my older dog was incontinent, but it turned out to be my 1 1/2 yo dog had diabetes. Caught it pretty soon, and it's been 3 years and he is doing well. I am lucky - I get by with $20 every 6 weeks (or more) because he is on a human insulin. It could well be just a UTI, or bladder infection. I'm glad you are taking him in!

Amy - love the pictures of your dogs, kids and deer!

Everyone else, hi and hope the end of the week, and weekend go POP!

Mama Nicole
08-24-2007, 04:46 PM
Hi all
I just thought I'd pop in and say hello. It's been a loooong time since I've been on here, and thought I'd look for some new and familiar faces. I haven't been OP since May, and have gained 9-10lbs. It feels terrible. I am hoping to gain some motivation to get back to it!

Hooray............Rhonda is back!!!! Now listen to this lady.....you may not go away again........no matter what!!! Got it. I am happy to tell you that you can SO do this. I, also was up about 10 lbs a month or so ago.......and I am back down. It happens to many of us now and then.......but 2 days of FF will get you back down a couple right quick......and then it is just one day at a time like the rest of us. It is so hard for us to find the time to plan to take care of ourselves.......but Rhonda.......you MUST do this. You are so important and so worth it!!!! Together, we can all learn to take care or ourselves and gain the self confidence we all need to continue to do so. Did I mention I am glad you are back?

Hello everyone......it has been a busy day. I took my boys to my girlfriend's house to play this morning. It was a nice visit. I brought 4 watermelons from the garden, and they were absolutely PERFECT. She gave 2 to her neighbor (also a girlfriend of mine). It has been sooo fun sharing our produce this year. All of my neighbors have really enjoyed it.......and it has taught our kids so much. Good times, good times (please say someone gets the SNL reference). Anyway....I haven't done any sewing yet......so I must get busy while the boys are resting.....but I will check back soon. Love to you all!!!
XOXO

Mama Nicole
08-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Oh, and Amy.....LOVE the deer pics!!!

And Liza.....have a fab time in Mexico!

And Kims and Heather.......have a great time at lunch (green with envy).
K, really going to go sew now :)
XOXO
P.S. Hi Cassi and Joni and Kimphin (not giving up on you, girl) and Lea Ann and Pearl and and and......LOL

chiquita623
08-24-2007, 05:24 PM
Hi Everyone. Just wanted to hop on here real quick to tell everyone to stay POP this weekend (or at least give it your best shot). I'm going to my DGD's 4th bday party tonight so I know I won't be eating on plan tonight. Guess I'll have to be pretty diligent about it the rest of the weekend. Looking forward to the No Scale Challenge next week. Not sure I can do it though. I usually am on and off the silly thing several times a day and evening. Luckily we don't have one at work or I'm sure I'd be using that one too. Anyhoo - everyone have a great weekend. Talk to you all on Monday.

Katy66
08-24-2007, 05:32 PM
Hey gang, another busy day and I don't have time for lots of personnals. Went for my official WI and they show me down 3......YEAH! I'm in the No Scale Challenge for next week and looking forward to it, I think:)

Wishing us all a POP weekend:)!

Makena
08-24-2007, 05:37 PM
Kristen, Nicole!! :hug:
Kristen - look at your ticker!! wowsers. Nicole, you are always so encouraging. I've missed you guys. I sure could use you guys around here to kick me in the butt and get me motivated..lol.

How have you guys been? I need a coles notes edition of LAWL for the last 3 months...( I haven't gone back thru the posts yet, just couldn't wait to jump in and say hi)

I'm actually not ready to commit to the plan fully at this point, but I am encorporating (?sp) alot of it into my day, and expect that should start things in the right direction. As well, I should be starting at a gym shortly, well as soon as my therapists give me the okay, which should be soon.:)

Good to see you and all the other LAWL'ers on here!

healthy2b
08-24-2007, 05:44 PM
Hi everyone....I'm counting down the minutes until work is done and I'm finished with my first week back to work. Isn't it sad that I can't wait for the weekend. My mom is 72 yo and still works (she is a nurse) and loves her job. I wish I loved my job like she does but since I have to work I concider myself to have a pretty good one so I should count my blessings instead of wish my minutes away....anyway....

I hope everyone has had a POP day so far.....

Felicia - hang in there - sounds like your almost done and it will feel so good to be finished!

Liza- have fun in Mexico!

Kim #2 - HOG rally sounds like fun!

Kimberly - I'm not a race fan so my sympathies are with you on enduring the traffic. I HATE traffic!

Katie - thanks for the "Poop Tip" - I'm babysitting my #2 DD's furpuppy while she finishes her last semester of college (her apartment doesn't allow pets) so this info may come in handy.

TN Heather - Way to look ahead and plan for the weekend - I'm impressed and need to take lessons from you. :cofdate:Have fun with the Kims and think of us......

Kristen - so glad your appointment went well and I hope that DH's tooth dilemma ends soon. In my opinion, there is nothing worse that tooth pain!

Amy - love the pics!

Hi to everyone I missed and have a wonderful weekend!

Heather115
08-24-2007, 07:03 PM
Update on Shiloh the dog - back from the vet. No sugar in the urine, but a trace a protein. Took blood too to rule out kidney and/or liver disease. Won't have those results until tomorrow. In the meantime, he has HUGE antibiotics to take once a day. Hopefully it's just a bladder infection and the antibiotics will knock it. Vet seems to think it's more since there weren't any white blood cells in the urine too - I guess those are indicators of infection. Anyway, we'll probably crate him tonight to avoid a repeat of last night and see what the blood tests say.

amylou7777
08-24-2007, 11:08 PM
Hey guys, a quick hi to everyone! Getting frustrated with the scale...w/i tomorrow to see if it has moved at all!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

bradleys mom
08-24-2007, 11:26 PM
Ok girls! I broke down and bought the BL 2 workout dvd instead of waiting for it to come from Ebay. I love it! It is so much better than that pilates workout I had been doing!
:carrot:

Im weighing in tomorrow too! Wish me luck! I am hoping to have moved off the top of this flat mountain! Its been 5 days since I have been on a scale!

Have a good weekend!!! :wave:

mizzt
08-25-2007, 07:19 AM
Mornin All

Ive been MIA for a bit working lots of overtime and I fell off the wagon last weekend at a huge party....Drank way to many calories!!!!! And indulged in late night pasta salads....So I have been pop all week trying to do what I can to get back on track.....The dumb things u do when u drink eh...lol
Well it appears I am not going to make my goal for the labour day challange but I am still very happy with my results thus far as I am down so much compared to when i 1st started the plan. Hope all is well with everyone
POP People!
Mizz T

bradleys mom
08-25-2007, 11:12 AM
YAY! Just weighed in and I'm down 1.6 since Monday! My plateau has been broken!! I alos lost 6 inches in 4 weeks. I am guessing thats pretty good!

Hope everyone has a beautiful Saturday!

Kim0303
08-25-2007, 11:19 AM
Kimberly R - Whooo Hooo!!!! congratulations!!!

Amylou, hope you have a good report as well.

Heather glad you are finding out what is wrong with shilo.

Have tried to post long post answering and talking to you other guys and both times I was interrupted by family and lost the post. So I just want to say hello to the rest of you folks - stay pop- and I'll catch up later.
Have a great SATURDAY!

aguerin
08-25-2007, 01:58 PM
GM all. Good luck on being POP this weekend. I have still stayed off the scale this weekend. I hope to make it of being "off Scale" until Monday, September 3rd. Have to weigh in on that day for results on the Labor Day Challenge. I'm going to make my challenge goal! Yea

I guess Liza Babe was too busy to give one last post before leaving for Mexico. Hope she has a safe and fun trip.

Have a good weekend all. I am going to the lake to get some sun before the summer is over.

lizababe
08-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Amy - I just mapquested from woodville to here. It's a 30 hour drive. You have 48 hours to get here until I take off... better jump in the car now! How's baby deer today? He's so cute!!!!

Carrie - I hope you find your career passion like your Mom has. I've struggled for the past 14 years in my career. It's just something I knew I had to do for me. My friends and family have never accepted what I do as a real job and for years I let that hold me back (and to some point, still do) I tried doing other things from IT to accounting and escrow. I did them all just fine, but I was really unhappy. I work in radio and I guess that is just what I do and always will. It's a part of who I am. It's never too late to change careers. What is it you dream of doing and are really good at? Use Nicole as an inspiration!

Heather - Good luck with Shiloh. I'm thinking of you. It will be a year next month that my precious kitty almost died of a UTI and kidney failure. I thought he had died for a moment when he went into a seizure and stopped breathing.
Then he started breathing again and I rushed him to the animal ER here. They did surgery and hooked him up on fluids and antibiotics and within hours he was starting to get back to himself again. Looking at him now, you'd never guess he was on the brink of death less than a year ago. Cost me $2k in the end for all of the vet bills but it was worth it. This cat has been my best friend for 11 years! The vet thinks we gave him another 10 years!

Amy - hang in there I'm sure that scale will move at WI! I feel ya though... mine said I was up 1lb this morning. Darnit.

Kimberly - congrats on the loss!

Hi to the other Kims too!

Joni - how are you and Charlie? I've been thinking about you.

I'm only answering personals on this page because I'm too lazy to check the others this AM.

So... for those of you jealous of my vacation. Well, here's something to make you feel better. It hasn't rained for six months. Guess what it wants to do all weekend through Monday? And TOM.. that jerk. He skipped me last month so he's threatening to come full force any minute now.

I got some last minute idea to go to a music festival tonight that I thought for some reason was in September. I thought I'd just hop on our trolley here and go check it out because two of the bands in the lineup are great live acts. Last night I got a call that there will be two VIP passes waiting for me. Ready for the sad part? I really don't have anyone else to use the second. It's 21+ so Mini Me can't go. I don't have any local friends who are into the same kind of music and concerts and when I take them, they just want the free food and booze and VIP perks. For once, I just want to see the bands perform and not have to worry about my guest. At one of these events, my guest was arrested for being drunk in public. That made a great impression. I think I need to start making new friends who have the same interests I do....

Ah it felt SO GOOD to sleep in this morning! I had to go through and turn off three alarms yesterday that are set for my various jobs and hours! I'm a little ticked off at sclae today showing up 1lb but I'm sure a lot of that has to do with TOM. I was sooooo good all week. A little too good. My knees and back are saying no way to anymore running and my bum has a force shield keeping it from touching that bicycle seat again. I think I need a couple of days off from those activities. Maybe I can find my swimsuit and go for a swim this weekend.

Hope everyone is POP!

Oh Pearl, I was thinking of you when I was talking to my Dad a few days ago. He's going to be 92 in November with the spirit of a 20 year old and according to his doctors, the body of a 60 year old. He's feeling down and unhappy in his living situation. He got married (again) when he turned 90 because he felt he was nearing the end and it would be best to be settled with someone. Well, he's not happy and now feeling controlled and wants out. He said something to me about his best laid plans and I said "Dad, when it comes to my best laid plans God likes to use those as bowling pins. I've had to learn to just go with where life takes me, make the best of it and enjoy each adventure."

Rebeca
08-25-2007, 04:08 PM
HI girls-
MIss you sooooo much... I am so proud for all of you!!! Congrats to the newbies... I havent had any time lately to post! Sometimes i sneak in just to check all of you out! I am the new accountant for a Brazilian Steakhouse and a hotel here in town not counting for college and everything else! But still love all of you!!!!
Smacks....

Oh...I am still at 179! Good thing I havent gained anything more!

lizababe
08-25-2007, 04:20 PM
LOL as soon as I hit the button to post the last one I turned around and saw this:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/lizababe/boxkitty.jpg

I'd say he's recovered from his near death experience! Sorry for the blurry shots, I grabbed my camera phone (instead of helping him get his head out of the box) to get the shots.

galachick
08-25-2007, 04:51 PM
Hey gals and guys!

I just returned from COD for WI. I have lost a total of 12 lbs and 6.25 in. since I started on Jun. 29th. WOOO-HOOO! I was actually shocked to see the total I lost because I am used to going in and weighing two to three times each week and watching what looks like 2 lbs. yo-yo up and down. But when you look at the whole picture I have really accomplished something. I am so excited. Don't know that I will make my Labor Day goal but the closer the better.

Kimberly - congrats on your loss! Feels great doesn't it? What is the BL 2 workout?

Liza - Those pictures are too funny!!!! Thanks for sharing.

bradleys mom
08-25-2007, 05:36 PM
Renee - Biggest Loser Workout 2, Some of the girls were talking about it on here and it is so awesome!!! It lets you choose your own workout routine! For example; Last night I chose the 5 minute warm up, the 10 minute womens cardio workout then the 5 minute cool down. It was only 20 minutes but I was sweatin'! It has like around 15 (?) different workouts you can build into your own little workout! It was only $13 at Target.

dolphn545
08-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Hey Everybody! :wave:

Just poppin in to say hi. Not much going on here. Still have stupid slow dial up. Been working the past few days. Not off til Monday. And I will WI then too.

Hope everyone has a GREAT POP weekend!!

Liza - Have a safe trip!

Dan2112
08-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Hey ladies.. And guys if you're out there..

Well, my tour is done and I'm now sitting in a hotel room in Boise. I fly out early tomorrow and should be home by 3pm... Let's hope Liz still loves me enough to pick my up at the airport :lol:

Camp food was good, but high on the empty carbs.. Most of the people in my camp were "overhead" managers, or, those in charge of the fire, rather than the actual firefighters. Most of the crews were out at smaller camps in the area, standing by to protect home and communities. It was quite the operation, if I do say so. But even though we weren't actual "crew" members, we still ate the food the crews ate. That means lots of calories, and lots of meat. We're able to pick and choose what we want to eat, but I still had a few meals where there weren't any really good choices.. Had I stayed in camp all the time, I would have been fine eating fruits and veggies, but I was out in the field a lot, so I needed to eat some things that would stay with me, if you know what I mean..

I almost went with the cajun chicken sandwich with steak fries for dinner at the Holiday Inn down the street, but I was good and got a grilled chicken salad with dressing on the side. That said, I bought a beer on the way back to my room.. I figure I'm due, after being out in the woods in a tent with a guy in the tent next to me who snored like a damn chain saw.

I'm probably going to stay away from the scale for a few days as the usual "stoppages" took place this past week and a half. That always happens when I travel, and the mandatory use of our porta potties didn't help the matter.. They were kept as clean as possible, but still.. Yuck!

Anyway.. I've got another busy week on tap, and I'll be away from home from Tueday until Friday, so I'm going to have to tread carefully around Liz. :lol: She's been great, dealing with the kids while I've been gone.. I don't know how some of my co-workers do this all summer long.. I know some guys who have been gone more than they've been home for a couple of months..

Well.. Early to bed tonight, as I have to be up very early..

Talk to you all soon!

equinetcan
08-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Hi guys,

Just thought I'd do a quick check in. I worked overtime today from 1p-9p so I am glad I am back home. But considering I worked 7.5 but got to bank 12.5 hrs with the double time I didn't mind.

Yesterday was the house inspection. Everything was great. He found a few things to recommend but that is normal. That's what he is paid to do. But nothing major. I really didn't expect to because it is only 5 years old but you never know.

Now I just have to wait for the minihome community landlord to approve me and I am good to go. I should know for sure by end of business day on Tuesday. Again I don't foresee a problem but......Then I can get this stuff on the go and start packing and such. My mom went with me yesterday as she hadn't seen the inside yet and she liked it too.

That's about it for me. Not much new since I was at work all day. Hope everyone had a good saturday!!

Kim0303
08-26-2007, 10:13 AM
Dan, Just don't forget how special Liz is and keep telling her when you are home and I am sure she will love that. Well I think she would. I tell my DH all the time when he says how do you deal with this or that - I tell him he better remember how special I am. Course several of his friends are divorcing so that helps remind him how special what we have really is. Ha! Ha!
Glad you are going to get to sleep in your own bed for a while.
Now got to read the other post. I always start at the end and go back. Yes, I know I am weird!

lizababe
08-26-2007, 07:25 PM
Wow - everyone is so quiet today!

Welcome back Dan! Hope the trip home was easy and Liz was waiting with loving arms! (I'm sure she was!)

Well, the trip to Mexico got pushed to Tuesday. A former neighbor passed away and they're having her memorial tomorrow. Since I didn't know her, I'd rather go after they have their night of remembrance.

The concert was a blast! A great way to kick off my short vacation.

Since the trip got postponed a day, today is the fun day for Mini-Me and I although we're getting a late start to it. We had a nice long overdue conversation about things that have been going on and are now getting ready to run our fun errands. The clouds have moved over most of Northern San Diego but we haven't gotten any rain here yet. Lotsa strong winds though, so we might be in for a good storm. Mini-Me and I are actually hoping for that. A summer storm while we cozy up with our movies and junk food (for her) for the night.

Hope everyone is POP! I wasn't yesterday. Not horribly off, but not especially on either.

Heather115
08-26-2007, 07:50 PM
Lunch with the Kims was awesome! We were all so good and ate pretty much OP. Kim #2 looks even more amazing in person than her photos! She is a walking success story! Kim #3 and I really have some big shoes to fill, don't we girl?

For those that gave me advice on Shiloh, I wanted to give an update. His blood work came back perfectly normal. Best guess is that he drank too much water before bed and just couldn't hold it. It's been extremely hot here and Shiloh doesn't like being outside at all so when he comes in after his afternoon play time, he does really fill up on the water. I went to bed early that night so his last potty break wasn't as late as it usually is. Whatever the case, what caused his accident is nothing health-related.

I hope everyone's doing well. Must have been a busy weekend because there aren't many posts. Looking forward to catching up on all the news tomorrow!

MomOfThreeTeens
08-26-2007, 10:29 PM
It was SO nice meeting my new friends Heather and Kim #3 for lunch today!! I wish all of us could just get together and have a huge party! LOL You two will keep me toeing the line now, I cant screw up since I told you how easy it was for me! LOL

Everybody have an amazing week! Ya'll must be busy this weekend, I didnt have many posts to catch up on!

Dan-Welcome home!

Liza-Hope you have a great time on your trip, glad you got a little time with Mini-Me!

healthy2b
08-26-2007, 10:51 PM
TN Heather, Kim #2 and Kim #3 - glad you had fun at your lunch!

Dan - I'm sure Liz and the kids are glad to have you home as well as I'm sure your glad to be there. When I have to work out of town, I'm always so glad to get home!

Liza - sorry to hear about your former neighbor.

Alannah - glad the inspection went well.

Well, I'm off to go pack my lunch and snacks for tomorrow. I've got to get focused and get serious. I haven't seen much of my neighbor all summer and I was outside the other day and she came out and MY GOODNESS!!!!...she has loss 50 lbs in the last three months. She looks amazing! She said she went to a doctor and is losing the weight with some kind of shakes. I didn't say anything to her except that she looks great but don't people usually gain the weight back after they start eating again when you lose weight like that? She has lost weight in the past and has always gained it back just like many of us including me but it will be interesting to see if this time it sticks.

Anyway....good night everybody....here to a POP week!

Joni135
08-26-2007, 11:10 PM
Liza - sorry your trip was postponed, but sounds like you and Mini Me made the best of it. Funny picture of your furkid in the box!! I hope your dad is able to find happiness....I find it interesting that at 92 years of age he's actually still interested in finding happiness and contentment ...I'm afraid that when I'm 92 I won't even know my spouses name and my worries will all be health related!

Alannah - glad the inspection went well...you'll need the OT money to start sprucing up your new place!! I know I would.

Hey Rebecca...good to see you!!

Dan - Welcome home. Sounds like you'll be busy this week too. And I, too, think you deserved that beer!

Amy - your photos are great! 3 dogs, 1 cat, 1 baby deer and 2 boys! You've got a full house. What's the plan for Jake...he looks rather comfy at home with everyone!

Kristen - bet your doctor visit left you feeling good....Loved the video about the Man Cold!! Oh so true in my house. DH is not really demanding, but he will stay in bed and sleep and watch TV the entire day. A woman typically still gets up and does a few things...at least I know I do! That stinks about DH's tooth...sure is a long time to have to wait to get it fixed...ouch!
Happy belated birthday by the way!

Heather - I'm just checking in and reading all the posts about Shiloh. I'm glad your brought him in and that his blood work is all good. I never realized you had 3 rescues.....you are angels to them! I'm sure you've learned from here, the internet and your vet that Incontinence can be the result of many health issues....it was actually the first and only sign we had that Charlie dog had a problem. In his case though his blook work came back and he was hypercalcemic and it took a lot of tests (and money) to figure out the cause of it. Once I had a cat with the same problem and she had a minor kidney problem and just needed to eat special canned cat food to help her out. Again, glad Shiloh's problem wasn't too serious. Guess you'll have t limit his water drinking before bedtime! or do like I had to do for a while and actually set an alarm and give him a potty break in the middle of the night.

Healthy2B (Carrie)...is that a new avatar picture of you??? Great photo...

Oh my...I've got to get to bed. Night all. I think I'll pass on a monday weigh in and see what Tuesday brings!

dolphn545
08-27-2007, 07:54 AM
Good Morning Everybody! :wave:

I'm jealous of Heather and both Kims for being able to meet in person. I wish all of us lived alot closer!!! :(
But, I really am glad you had a good time.

Have to take DD down to a specialist this a.m. They are watching her thyroid. She has a cyst on it, that appears a little larger than two years ago. So, because of her age (17), the MD wants us to see the specialist just to be on the safe side. They've only been watching it up to this point. Wouldn't want her to wake up with a huge goiter as her neck now.

Hope everyone has a great POP day. And Good Luck to all those that WI!! I'm not sure if I will WI today or not, gotta do some school shopping before Wednesday!!