WW Clubs and Groups - FAB & FIT 40's and 50's #184

View Full Version : FAB & FIT 40's and 50's #184

Jenny523
02-17-2007, 06:31 AM
Hi everyone :wave:

Reality has struck and I'm forced to make changes. We were offered a free wellness screening/complete blood workup thru my job. My results showed that my cholesterol is 224 and glucose was too high as well...don't remember that number at the moment. The last time I had the same tests was when I turned 50, and my results were normal.
So, I don't know if I've gradually developed this over the last 3 years, or if it's due to my abnormally bad eating habits/sedentary lifestyle of the last 8 or 9 months :shrug:
We purchased a new treadmill and I've been walking 30 minutes each day as a start.
Today I'm beginning WW again and am committed to journalling and planning. That is key for me, I know....if I don't plan I'm doomed to a day of bad choices.
Having gained weight slowly over the last 1/2 year, my knees have been hurting again as well. Reality bites! I'm reminded daily that my body isn't what it used to be...but I do have the power to change some of the problems.

I absolutely love my new job and the department I'm working in! It's a much more laid-back atmosphere and the work is interesting. I've been given a great opportunity to fine-tune the position and make any changes I like. After the job-related stress of the last year, this is a dream come true!

I realize now how much that long-term stress affected my weight, attitude and general well-being. I feel as tho a cloud has lifted and I'm back to my old self. Joe is greatly relieved, as I haven't really been myself.

Last month I attended a training seminar and am now a tutor for our local high school district's Learn To Read adult literacy program. I missed doing volunteer work and was looking for the right program. This is it! Each tutor is assigned an adult student and they work one-on-one for a 10 week semester. Most of the students are ESL students, must be over 18, and usually test at a 4th or 5th grade reading level in English. My student is from China, will turn 50 this year. She's bright, witty, and is working very hard to improve her English pronunciation and spelling. It is extremely rewarding to work with her.

Hope all is well with everyone. Have a great weekend!
~Jen

Rios426
02-18-2007, 07:12 PM
Hi Girls:wave:

I know I haven't been here for awhile but I have thought of all of you.

Terri, I tried to send you emails a couple of comes but it they kept coming back, user unknown. Did you change it? How are you? How's the family, Brits?

Jen, where are you working? Glad to hear it's less stressful. I know how depressing it can be when you start gaining again. My cholesterol & blood pressure was high when I went for my annual physical last month. I'm still having problems with my back so I haven't exercised in a very long time. Good going with starting over & walking.:cp:

Hi Ruth! 9 grandchildren! I still don't have one. :( Glad you stopped in to say hello. I've been MIA. I have to make time to stop in at least a couple of times a week.

Me amiga, I got the pictures you sent from Alana's wedding. They make such a cute couple. I tried emailing you right after you sent them but when I hit send my email disappeared. :mad: How's everything?

Susan, how's it going? You lost quite a bit right?

I'm struggling but what else is knew.:rolleyes: I have to get back on track ASAP! I'm in such a rut it's not even funny. I have to get my big butt back here. You all have always been so supportive & that's what I need right now.

I can't sit for too long so I have to go for now.

Missed you all.

Be back soon. :grouphug:

Luv u's,
Es

Princess1122
02-19-2007, 02:56 PM
Jen: I think that reality has struck for a lot of us... I admire your ablility to see what you need to do and to take the steps to correct the problem. Awesome!

Es: I am at a stand still right now, I have been losing and gaining the same three pounds since the holidays so as of this week I have changed a few things and am hoping for a better w/i on Saturday.

All: Tired of the snow here... we got more on Saturday when we were moving my oldest son into the house that he rented with his girlfriend... not fun to move in the snow but at least it was not rain and the temps were not as bad as they had been.

It is good to see people posting again...

I will stop back again tomorrow.

Susan

Rios426
02-21-2007, 07:22 PM
Hi:wave:

Susan, how did the move go? How old is your son? My son moved back home 1 year ago. Now, he's planning to move out soon. I love having him home but I find myself much busier when he's around. Once he moves I'll have more time to myself so I can start exercising again. Are you still exercising? I guess it's frustrating trying to lose 3 lbs. I wish I only had 3 pounds left. I have to lose 20 to make 10%. Hope w/i goes well. :crossed:

Jen, should we start a challenge? We need some motivation.

There's a few women at my job that go to meetings on Wed. on their lunch hour. I'm thinking about going with them. I have to do something. I figure if I start now by June I could be 20 lbs. lighter.:D

How's everybody doing?

Hi everybody!
Es,
My e-mail is the same. I don't know what happened. I just sent you one today. Hope you get it. It is great talking to you again.
I hope you are feeling better.

Jen,
Hopefully your numbers will go down. I am on lipitor so my numbers are all in the normal range now. I have genetically high cholesterol. It was 230 and wouldn't go down further so I am medicated now. It might have been higher before WW and actually came down so I hope yours does.
I missed all of you.

I'll be back later.
Terri

Princess1122
02-23-2007, 09:53 AM
Morning all and happy friday!

E's: My son that moved is 22, he had been on his own once before but moved home for about a half a year to figure it all out I guess, we did get him all moved though it snowed all day so that was not fun but it is over and done with now. My other son is 18 and in his last year of highschool... he leaves in the fall for college so I will be an empty nester soon. I still have lots more to lose... I think 35 more to make it to goal but since the holidays I have just been gaining and losing the same three pounds over and over again... never get any further then that and then I gain them back again. I have changed around my exercise routine a bit to hopefully get things kick started. I still exercise but not as much cardio and I think that is the problem... I just prefer to walk outside and the weather has been so bad here that I have had to stick to the treadmill at the gym since the holidays and I think that has a lot to do with my lack of loss on the scale. Good luck with the at work meetings, I hear they are fun!

Jen: How are you doing?

Terri: Glad to see you back... how has life been treaking you lately?

I have to run but will check back later on.
Susan

Rios426
02-25-2007, 09:37 AM
Hello my friends:wave:

It feels so good to be back. :grouphug:

Terri, I got your email. I don't know what happened that I couldn't send you mail but it's okay now. ;) Say hi to Britts.

Susan, my brother is a personal trainer & he says when you want to lose weight you have to kick it up a notch(cardio). Have you tried Core? I feel like trying it. I'm really bad at journaling.

We're going to the chinese buffet for lunch/dinner. I eat lots of vegetables & some chicken.

Hi Jen, Dianne, Sandy, Ruth & Janie.

Have great day everybody.

Hugs, Es

Princess1122
02-27-2007, 08:08 AM
E's: I have not tried Core as I don't seem to have that on/off switch that tells us when we are full or hungry... I always seem to be hungry so I need a bit more structure then Core offers... I need the accountability of the points plan. I need to step up my cardio, your brother is right about that... I think I have the winter lazies lately... not good but I think I need to kick start myself again...

All: How is everyone doing? Jump in when you can, we need to get this board jumping again I think.

Susan

Jenny523
03-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Susan,
I agree with you...some sort of kick-start is definitely needed here! You've done so well, losing 39 pounds! :cp: Hang in there. The winter doldrums will lift.

Where is everyone? Terri, Es, Dianne, Sandy, Zoe, Ruth? C'mon girls...let's get back together :grouphug:

Have to run, have a great day!
~Jen

Princess1122
03-06-2007, 11:56 AM
I stop by daily to see what is going on but I don't post daily and I will start to do that again... somedays I just don't much to say but I can always come up with something.

I have started following the Wendie plan this week to see if that will get me kick started again and have stepped up the cardio... wish me luck!

I will be back tomorrow!
Susan

Princess1122
03-07-2007, 08:54 AM
Good morning everyone! today is my DH birthday so I will be leaving early to prepare for that... we are not doing much but will have supper with family and do cake and presents.

I have been working on my cardio to try and get my weight loss started again as well as working on the Wendie plan... I think it is working but it is too soon to tell.

How is everyone doing? What are your goals and game plans to reach your desired weight? Just curious to see how everyone is handling the after holiday stuff... I have struggled but am hoping that I am back on track and looking forward to spring time and then of course the wonderful summer time.

I have to run for now.
Susan

Rios426
03-07-2007, 05:51 PM

I've been home for 2 days. My knee swelled up. The dr is sending me for an MRI. I have fluid in there. :rolleyes: Always something! I was supposed to join WW with my co-worker today.:mad:

Susan, I know how you feel about the winter lazy days. I'm so glad the daylight savings times is early this year. As soon as my knee gets better I'm going to start walking. Good going with your cardio. ;):running:

How's it going Jen? I'm still trying to find my way back. Maybe we should start a challenge? Tell me what you think. Maybe from March thru June?

I need help, support, motivation, inspiration...I'm desperate. (HELP)

Have a nice evening.
Hugs,
Es

Jenny523
03-08-2007, 06:35 AM
Susan,
:hb: Happy Birthday to your hubby! :woo:

Hope you had a nice celebration.

Es,
I hope your knee isn't too bad. Have you ever had it drained?

We're in the same boat. I've got the tools, but no willpower/motivation. Desperately need a kick to get started. Baby steps. I'm drinking lots of water at work each day, and making good choices for breakfast and lunch....but have horrible binges when I get home. Looking forward to the warmer weather means oh no! no more hiding under heavy winter clothes.

Hi to everyone,
~Jen

Princess1122
03-08-2007, 09:13 AM
Well, the b-day celebration went well and I stayed within points so I was very happy. DH got lots of special presents so he was happy. All in all the evening went very well.

I am up for a challenge... I will have to think about what I want my goal to be but you can count me in! I have been back on track and all but I would love to have something to work towards other then my general goal of "Oh God, let me have lost SOMETHING this week... PLEASE!" :D

I had a goal to lose a certain amount before DH and I leave for Hawaii but to tell you the truth I don't even remember what that goal was... I know that I did not hit it and that is what matters I guess.

I am very motivated to get active outside again when the warmer weather comes... walking on the treadmill is ok but I would rather walk around my neighborhood or ride my bike.

I am also motivated to hit goal and achieve my life time membership at WW so that I don't have to pay the fee anymore, it is frustrating paying week after week and not losing anything.

So I have pulled myself up by my bootstraps since me and only me can make this happen... no one else... I want to look good, feel good and be able to enjoy life and like Jen said, not hide in my winter clothing anymore.

I will be back tomorrow!
Susan

Jenny523
03-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Susan,
you said it...
"So I have pulled myself up by my bootstraps since me and only me can make this happen... no one else... I want to look good, feel good and be able to enjoy life "
so well!
I've got to get back on track...thanks for the inspiring words that reminded me of my responsibility to myself.
I applaud your positive attitude and resolve to be active.
When are you going to Hawaii? I'm sure you've told us, but I've forgotten.
Keep up the good work!

Hi to everyone :wave:
~Jen

Princess1122
03-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Morning all! It is sunny and supposed to hit 60 degrees today! Now you just have to love that!

The scale is moving downwards and I have high hopes for tomorrow's W/I. I have journaled, stopped snacking, watched my sodium, really stuck to the points plan, and got in 10 miles worth of cardio... like I said, I have high hopes because it would really do my heart good to have an awesome number pop up on that scale!

Jen: Thanks for the kind words... we have to do it ourselves and I needed to really tell myself that to get re-motivated again. I had lost the spark after the holidays but it is back and I am ready to get to goal... I think I used the word "me" in the statement that you quoted from me and it should have been "I"... LOL, if it would not be for spell check I would be a mess... I just wish the grammer check worked better :D We leave on April 4th for Hawaii... we are very excited...:carrot:

All: Have a great weekend!

I have to run but will pop back on again later on.
Susan

Rios426
03-10-2007, 08:00 AM

Susan, reading your posts makes me want to keep going. When are you leaving for Hawaii? Since I was a teenager Hawaii was always my dream. Maybe when we hit the lottery. :lol: Where can I find the Wendie Plan? Yesterday, they had an article about weightloss & reversing your meals. It said starting dinner for breakfast & breakfast for dinner is helping a lot of people in weightloss.

Jen, I have to do something. My weight is up there. I'm up to 207 my highest ever. I was tempted to join LA Weightloss but you have to buy their bars which could be very expensive. All in all, I know WW is the best.

My knee is better. I went to the ER & they gave me a shot to bring down the swelling & I'm on heavy duty anti-inflamatories.(sp) Well ladies don't forget to move your clocks forward tonight.

Have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Es

Jenny523
03-12-2007, 08:52 AM
It was so nice yesterday..sunny and in the 50's! Spring is on the way. We put some burgers on the grill; both of us have had a craving for them for some time now.

Es, glad your knee is co-operating. Was the shot cortisone? Those gave me relief. Did they give you therapy to do?

I have not been focusing on the scale, but, rather, on making good food choices and walking. Over the last 6 months my clothes have gotten tighter, my energy is zilch, and my knees have been achy. I'm not getting any younger and have to follow a healthy lifestyle. Perhaps if I don't live or die by the scale I will have more success..by going with how I feel. If I can measure any successes with looser clothes/more stamina, that will be a great feeling. :shrug: We'll see. I have been successful in the last week when faced with many food temptations at work. Many of the builders/contractors bring in goodies as their way of saying thank you to our dept. Table full of pastries, pizza, etc! :eek: I've been staying away from it all.

HI :wave: Terri, Diane, Susan, Zoe, Sandy, Ruth :wave:

have a great day,
~Jen

Princess1122
03-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Morning all!

Well I had a great W/I on Saturday, the best I have had for a long time! After recommiting and following the Wendie plan, stepping up my Cardio and everything else I was down 6.8 lbs on Saturday... you should have seen the gals face that did my W/I! She was so surprised that she almost feel off her chair! She asked me what I had done and I told her... it paid off and it was just what I needed. My total lost is 42.6 lbs... I have 28 more to go to hit my WW goal... but I will see how I feel once I get to that goal and figure out if I want to go further.

E's: The Wendie plan staggers your points per day... like I weigh in on Saturday morning so Saturday is a super high points day and then I stagger it from there, one low and one high. There is a formula that a gal named Wendie came up with when she lost a bunch of weight and then hit a wall... she figured it out to boost her metabolisim (sp?). It is located in the general WW forum I believe but will double check and let you know where to find it.

Jen: You are off to a great start! We fired up the grill on Sunday and it felt awesome to cook out.

Susan

Rios426
03-13-2007, 09:34 AM

WOW Susan!!!!!! 6.8 WOOHOO:carrot: :bravo: :cp: :dance: :dancer: :congrat: I can see why the weigh-in girl almost fell off her chair. Do you use all your points allowance?

Jen, I guess one of the reasons why I like winter is because I can hide behind layers of clothes. I wish I had a grill. In the apartments we're not allowed. I see a lot of people have them anyway so maybe I'll get one when the weather gets warm.

My knee is still swollen. I'm scheduled for my MRI this Thursday.

My son got engaged.:D His fiance is very sweet. They haven't set a date yet but they want to get married in one year so I really have to get serious about losing weight. I can't do it on my own. I'm going to rejoin.

I had to take a few sick days. I'll check in later.

Have a nice day. :grouphug:
Es

Princess1122
03-13-2007, 12:24 PM
Hi All!

Just stopping by for a fast check in.

E's: Yes, I always use all of my points... I love to eat :D using them all is never a problem for me... using to many is normally my issue. So sorry to hear that you are still having knee issues... I really hope they get that taken care of soon for you.

Susan

Jenny523
03-13-2007, 06:53 PM
Lots of celebrating here!
First of all,

Susan...congrats on the awesome loss ! :cp: :dancer: The effort and commitment paid off. I'm thrilled for you!

Es... :love: David's engaged!!!! How does Mom feel about that? If I remember correctly, you were happy with who he was dating? Details, girl!!!! Don't hold back. What an exciting time. And this will provide the boost you've been looking for. You'll be a beautiful mother of the groom!! Congratulations! :hug:

later,
~Jen

Princess1122
03-14-2007, 04:29 PM
I just wanted to stop by and see what was going on.

Jen: Thanks! I was pretty happy also but I may pay for that big loss with a bit of a gain, not sure why but the scale is up again a couple of pounds... I have to skip this weekends W/I as we are doing a college visit with my DS but the following Saturday should be an interesting W/I.

Susan

Rios426
03-14-2007, 06:02 PM
Hello:wave:

I had the injection in my back this moring...OMG it was so painful. Between the back & the knee I'm walking like a 90 year old lady. :(
Anyway, enough of the pitty party.

Jen, Dave's fiance is from Ecuador. He's 9 years older than her. No kids. Still lives at home with her parents & sister. I like her a lot. I always said as long he finds someone that makes him happy. The wedding date is April 12, 2008:yikes: Have to lose AT LEAST 30 lbs. It's going to be hard this time because I can't exercise. It's exciting. :D I'm starting Wendie's Plan this week.(Sat.)

Susan, you might be surprised your next weigh-in. ;) Even if you have a tiny gain it won't be a big deal right?

What happened to our group?

Gotta go. :grouphug:

Luv, Es

SD Gal
03-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Hello:wave:

I had the injection in my back this moring...OMG it was so painful. Between the back & the knee I'm walking like a 90 year old lady. :(
Anyway, enough of the pitty party.

Jen, Dave's fiance is from Ecuador. He's 9 years older than her. No kids. Still lives at home with her parents & sister. I like her a lot. I always said as long he finds someone that makes him happy. The wedding date is April 12, 2008:yikes: Have to lose AT LEAST 30 lbs. It's going to be hard this time because I can't exercise. It's exciting. :D I'm starting Wendie's Plan this week.(Sat.)

Susan, you might be surprised your next weigh-in. ;) Even if you have a tiny gain it won't be a big deal right?

What happened to our group?

Gotta go. :grouphug:

Luv, Es

Es, I've heard of Wendie's Plan before.. but I don't know what it is? Will you share? I have oh so many pounds to lose and I REALLY did bad today... I hate sunflower seeds.. so addicting! UGH! Type and spit.. type and spit.. sigh!! ;)

I love WW, and was doing well for a bit and fell off the wagon. Here I go ahead to jump back on! lol

Princess1122
03-15-2007, 09:05 AM
Morning all,

It is rainy and cool here today, not like the sunny 70's and 80's we were enjoying for a couple of days... oh well, spring is coming and that is a wonderful thing.

I took a higher level Pilates class last night and loved it... I sure felt it this morning but nothing hurt too bad so it is all good... I will be signing up for that class once my other classes have ended, if not before.

Getting excited about my trip to Hawaii, less then three weeks to go.

E's: So sorry to hear about the painful shots, that just stinks in the worst way and I hope they get you up and around soon... Not sure what happened to everyone, I am still here and chugging along though with no plans to quit anytime soon :D

I have to run but will check back in later on and see what is going on.
Susan

Rios426
03-15-2007, 09:32 AM
SD Gal, if you want we can start this together. I copied it for you.

What is the 'Wendie Plan'?

First of all, let it be known that the Wendie Plan is NOT something different than good old Weight Watchers. Most of the people who regularly visit here are following the WW plan. However, this does not mean that the Wendie Plan can not be easily adapted for people who are using Richard Simmons, and/or counting calories. I suppose even people following a plan such as Atkins could adapt this to their program, however I do not recommend it. The reason is simple. I do not recommend the Atkins program or any other low/no-carb program like that. Why? Because it is not (or SHOULD not) be a lifestyle change, and because it is very dangerous to your health. I cannot advocate any program that would put your health at risk.

The Wendie Plan is very simple. You follow a simple plan of eating. You eat your regular foods that you have on WW. You work within your point range. You drink the water, get some exercise, etc., etc., etc. What is different? You alternate the amount of points you use each day. What could be more simple?

Let us assume for a moment that your point range falls between 22-29 points per day. (This is based on the original 123 plan, not the "Winning Points" plan) WW says that you can eat up to 29 points every day, and still lose weight. Do you? Maybe. Maybe not. Ever notice that on some days you aren't very hungry and on other days you feel you could eat all the points in the universe? After doing extensive research, I have discovered several things that don't always ring true.

At this point, if you are someone who has been doing the program and losing a steady 2+ pounds per week, you don't have to read on any further. Your body is doing what it needs to for you to lose weight. If you are struggling to drop a pound, and no matter how hard you have tried the pounds won't shake loose? Read on...this is for you.

First of all, just because you eat within the points you have been assigned, drink all of your water, exercise at least 20 minutes every day, journal till the cows come home... does not mean that you will lose weight. I don't mean to depress you, but it is the truth. We have countless people here, myself included, who can attest to this. They try really hard, but week after week they are struggling to even lose part of a pound. I see it all the time. So... what are they doing wrong?

Oddly enough, they are doing one tiny little thing wrong. It is one tiny, insignificant thing, but it is keeping them from losing weight faster and at a steady rate. The secret to The Wendie Plan is simple. Alternate your points daily. At the start of your week, alternate the number of points you eat daily. Your rhythm of your week should look like this: low/high/low/very high/very low/high/med. high.

For example. If your range allows you to eat between 22-29 points per day:

Day 1 - 22 points
Day 2 - 28 points
Day 3 - 23 points
Day 4 - 36-39 points
Day 5 - 22 points
Day 6 - 29 points
Day 7 - 27 points

On the WW plan, 22-29 points per day, you will eat between 154 points (low end) 203 points (high end) during the course of the week. On the Wendie Plan, you will eat 190 points during the course of the week. Which falls towards the high end of the range, but not the highest. (Adjust the points to fit your current range).

We have already seen some amazing results using the Wendie Plan. I developed this plan out of sheer frustration. After being on WW for 17 months, and having lost no weight in the last 9 months of program, but being too stubborn to actually quit, I found myself pouring over 17 months of anally kept journals, trying to find the one key which would unlock my door to success. In the first 8 months I was successful. I lost 40 pounds. What happened then to impede my progress? I was still following the program in every way. I was doing everything right, but experiencing no weight loss. Why?

Why, indeed? The most interesting aspect of my journey came at the end of May, 2000. I weighed in on WW and had reached a 40 pound loss. I decided I was close enough to a 50 pound loss and I wanted to reach it by the 4th of July. That was a reachable goal. So I worked even harder. I dropped my points down to 25 per day, and began exercising more. Everyday I was outside walking through parks or in the fitness center hitting the treadmill. At the end of 5 weeks, I had a net gain of 1.2 pounds! Muscle? To some degree, yes. But, as I never began to look like Arnold Schwarztenager, I realized that something had gone terribly wrong. I had "shrunk" a bit, which was to be expected, but still, at the end of 5 weeks, I was heavier. I continued. I worked out everyday, and kept my points down. This has got to work, right? Not necessarily. At the end of the next 5 weeks, I was down exactly 1.2 pounds. So my net loss for the 10 weeks after Memorial Day was zero!

I continued to work very hard, and by September, I had played around with the same 3 pounds all summer. Up, down, up, down but never gone for good. In October, I celebrated 1 year of WW, by maintaining my 40 pound loss for four months! What was up with this?

I stopped attending WW meetings in October, because first, I was making no headway, and I became so depressed at Monday's weigh-ins that it took until Tuesday afternoon to snap back out of it; and second, I did not get the support I needed through WW. They simply had no answers as to why I was not losing weight even though I was working the program very conscientiously. At the last couple of weigh-ins, when I was going up a pound each week, I got the general impression that my leader felt that I was not really working the program. At that point, I walked out for good.

I tried several things between Halloween and Christmas to shake some pounds loose, but to no avail. I then went back to WW the day after Christmas. It is interesting to note what happened. First, I didn't start the program that first week. I weighed in on Tuesday, and then rather half-heartedly began the program on Friday. When I weighed in on Tuesday, I was down 3.5 pounds! I buckled down and worked very hard on program the next week. I measured everything, exercised, drank my water, and journaled every bite. The following Monday I weighed in and I had GAINED 2 pounds! What is up with that?

It didn't take very long for me to see that going to WW was not going to help me. My body was being incredibly stubborn and was not going to let me lose this weight. Do you see a pattern forming here?

In addition to having 17 months of journals, I also have kept a spreadsheet of my weight losses. I began pouring over my journals and comparing what I did on certain weeks to the amount of weight I lost at the end of that particular week. I made an astonishing discovery.

I have always been a moderate loser. Meaning, I usually lost about a pound a week. Other people may lose 3 pounds a week, but I usually lost a pound, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. But I was very consistent in losing. There were some weeks, however, when I did lose more than a pound per week. Interestingly, the weeks I had my biggest losses were weeks when I overate! The weeks were Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years! Christmas Day I ate 43 points! I lost 4.75 pounds that week! Upon further studies, I discovered something else. Every week that I overate one day, I had larger than average losses! How can that be?

It has long been thought that you have use 3500 calories less than you need in order to lose one pound. I simply don't believe it. I know it is mathematical, and mathematics was never my strongest subject, but science has always been an area in which I have excelled. I believe that our bodies are far more complicated than a simple mathematical formula can describe. The body is like a fireplace. If you build a fire, at first it takes awhile to warm up. You add more fuel and it burns more efficiently. The more fuel you add to it, the hotter it burns. Add less fuel, and it begins to cool down.

Our bodies were built for survival. If you go on a "diet" the body can become uncomfortable. This is especially true if you take so much food away from it that it feels as if it is going to starve. There is a lot of talk about not eating too little. Your body will go into "starvation mode" and you won't lose any weight. Well, to a point, this is true. Your body will lose weight if you starve it, but it won't want to, and it will take the weight from places you don't necessarily want to lose it from. That is why some people who lose a lot of weight look "gaunt", and is far more likely to hear comments like "have you been sick"? as opposed to "You look good!"

Why does "The Wendie Plan" work?
Your body has this wonderful little thermostat inside of it. It regulates everything you do. If you feed it lots of food, it turns the thermostat up and burns it as efficiently as possible. This is why you have been able to eat as much fast food before WW and didn't gain the amount of weight that you should have. Your body became more efficient and was able to burn off much of the excess amount of calories. Otherwise, with the amount of food we porked in pre-WW, we should have been gaining 2-3 pounds per day!

When you go on a "diet" where you dramatically decrease the amount of calories that you consume, your body thinks "Oh-oh, we're going to starve to death here" and immediately turns the thermostat down to conserve energy. After all, your body will do whatever it has to do to ensure that you stay alive. It doesn't know that you don't want to carry those extra pounds around. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to convince my body that I really do want to shed those extra pounds through talking to it.

That is where The Wendie Plan comes in. If I can't get my body to shed the extra pounds by talking to it, then I have to trick it in to letting them go! The Wendie Plan is the trick.

If you are on WW, or even just counting calories, and you stick with a set amount of calories per day, such as 1400 or say, 27 points per day, your body will adjust to that. It will become extremely efficient at using just the amount of calories (energy) that you are giving it. You may lose fairly well at first, but after the first week or so, you will find that your losses may slow ... way... down, and even stop. Isn't it nice to have such an energy efficient body? However, the body isn't extremely fast. If you give it the same amount of food every day, it will adjust itself. But if you change the amount of food it gets every day, it doesn't have time to adjust itself! Which means on that day that you eat 10 points over your highest, it tries to adjust by turning up your thermostat, but it is unable to turn it down for the low points the next day. What you are doing, in essence, is keeping your body guessing. It doesn't have time to adjust the thermostat down, before it needs to turn it back up. What eventually happens is your body will never again feel as though it is going to starve to death, and it will never again try to shut down the thermostat, so you will continue to lose at a more rapid loss. This also means fewer plateaus.

Some people are aghast at the thought of actually eating 10 points over their maximum. I know, its the hardest part for me, too. Again, I just have to plan higher point meals for those days and make sure I actually follow through. If the huge point day isn't done, then the body will not turn the thermostat up high enough. It is all a formula which has to be adhered to high points, as well as low point days.

What about exercise points? What about them? I never use them. I just know that I don't plan any big exercise on my low points days. If I am going on an 8 mile hike, I will probably do it on my high or super-high day, so that I can take advantage of the extra fuel to get me through the exercise. I think WW was using the activity points as a carrot to get people to exercise. More activity, more food. I don't believe in that. Eat what your body needs. Exercise plays a good role in this plan, because exercising increases your metabolic rate. (Which turns up the thermostat even more!) So does increased muscle. Arrange your high point days on the days that you exercise. Or better yet, arrange your exercise around your high point days. My high point days usually fall mid-week. But why? It makes more sense to me to have my highest point day fall on Saturday. That is the most likely day that I will be doing an 8 mile hike. Fit this plan into your lifestyle.

My WW leader told us that it isn't what you do for one meal that causes you to gain or lose, it's what you do for 21 meals that makes a difference. What this is telling me is that I have 7 days, 21 meals, and 217 points to use. How I choose to use them over the course of a week is totally up to me. If I choose to have 42 points on Sunday and 24 points on Monday... I am still on program. Even better, I will probably lose some weight. Do not be afraid to have that one high point day. Just as you shouldn't be afraid to have the low point ones. At the end of the week, you will have lost weight.

Find your normal Weight Watcher POINTS TARGET and then view below it the modified Wendie Plan POINTS RANGE:

You should schedule your SHD (Sper High Day) as FAR away from your weigh in day as possible, due to the fact that you may notice a slight gain the day after your SHD (which WILL go away)

POINTS TARGET - 20 (Weigh Less than 150 lbs)
Day 1 - 20 points
Day 2 - 25 points
Day 3 - 21 points
Day 4 - 35 points Super High Day (SHD)
Day 5 - 20 points
Day 6 - 24 points
Day 7 - 22 points

POINTS TARGET - 22 (Weigh 150 -174 lbs)
Day 1 - 22 points
Day 2 - 27 points
Day 3 - 23 points
Day 4 - 37 points Super High Day (SHD)
Day 5 - 22 points
Day 6 - 26 points
Day 7 - 24 points

POINTS TARGET - 24 (Weigh 175 - 199 lbs)
Day 1 - 24 points
Day 2 - 29 points
Day 3 - 25 points
Day 4 - 39 points Super High Day (SHD)
Day 5 - 24 points
Day 6 - 28 points
Day 7 - 26 points

POINTS TARGET - 26 (Weigh 200 - 224 lbs)
Day 1 - 26 points
Day 2 - 31 points
Day 3 - 27 points
Day 4 - 41 points Super High Day (SHD)
Day 5 - 26 points
Day 6 - 30 points
Day 7 - 28 points

POINTS TARGET - 28 (Weigh 225 - 249 lbs)
Day 1 - 28 points
Day 2 - 33 points
Day 3 - 29 points
Day 4 - 43 points Super High Day (SHD)
Day 5 - 28 points
Day 6 - 32 points
Day 7 - 30 points

POINTS TARGET - 30 (Weigh 250 - 274 lbs)
Day 1 - 30 points
Day 2 - 35 points
Day 3 - 31 points
Day 4 - 45 points Super High Day (SHD)
Day 5 - 30 points
Day 6 - 34 points
Day 7 - 32 points

POINTS TARGET - 31 (Weigh 275 - 299 lbs)
Day 1 - 31 points
Day 2 - 36 points
Day 3 - 32 points
Day 4 - 46 points Super High Day (SHD)
Day 5 - 31 points
Day 6 - 35 points
Day 7 - 33 points

POINTS TARGET - 32 (Weigh 300 - 324 lbs)
Day 1 - 32 points
Day 2 - 37 points
Day 3 - 33 points
Day 4 - 47 points Super High Day (SHD)
Day 5 - 32 points
Day 6 - 36 points
Day 7 - 34 points

POINTS TARGET - 33 (Weigh 325 - 349 lbs)
Day 1 - 33 points
Day 2 - 38 points
Day 3 - 34 points
Day 4 - 48 points Super High Day (SHD)
Day 5 - 33 points
Day 6 - 37 points
Day 7 - 35 points

POINTS TARGET - 34 (Weigh more than 350 lbs)
Day 1 - 34 points
Day 2 - 39 points
Day 3 - 35 points
Day 4 - 49 points Super High Day (SHD)
Day 5 - 34 points
Day 6 - 38 points
Day 7 - 36 points

if you wanna try this and are on flex, add 2 pts to the low days

Princess1122
03-16-2007, 08:24 AM
A big thanks to E's for digging up the Wendie plan and posting it.

We are doing a college visit this weekend so I will be away for a day and half with my DS and DH to get that taken care of. Should be fun I just dread the drive, even though it is only 4 hours away I just hate the long drives anymore... never used to both me but it does more and more the older I get.

So what is everyone's plan for the weekend?

Have a happy day!
Susan

Jenny523
03-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Es and Susan,
good luck with the Wendie Plan. Every little bit helps, right? I've heard that many people are succesful with it.

My eyes are burning as I write this....Joe's in the kitchen making horseradish sauce out of the stuff he grows in the yard. It's sooooo hot! The fumes/oil permeate the house.

Tomorrow is our annual St. Patrick's Day Dinner. We're up to about 22 people. This is the first year I've changed it, from a sit-down dinner to a buffet. I hope everyone will be okay with that.
Years ago we began it on a very small scale: Joe, me, our 2 kids and my brother and his wife.
Now it's grown and become an over-nighter for some. :drinkup: We'll have about 10 people spending the night as well.

I love that it's become a tradition, everyone looks forward to it. We've farmed out some of the food. Joe and I cook the corned beef, and everyone else brings the rest of the meal. I can't complain about that!
We always have much more than we need, and I'm packing people up with bags to take home.
Scones, jello-shots, empanadas....we are truly a multi-generational, multi-cultural family, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

And on Sunday, Joe and I are vegging, watching movies. I'll cross-stitch, which is sooo relaxing....the perfect Sunday!

Hope everyone is doing well. Where are you all??? terri? dianne? sandy?? zoe??? ruthie??? I miss all of you.
~Jen

Rios426
03-17-2007, 07:33 AM

I've had so many drs. appts. lately I had to start writing the dates in a planner. Never had to do that before. I have a dental appt this morning but I'm thinking on rescheduling. We got hit with a small snow storm & there's black ice everywhere.

Susan, good luck with your 4 hour drive. Be safe.

Jen, sounds like a fun weekend. It would be very hard for me to be around all that food. I love empanadas. I stuff them with ground turkey but David's fiance's family makes them different. They add vegetables & cheese. I tried one & it was so good. :T

Here I go with Day 1 of the Wendie plan. I'm going to weigh myself in a little while. I'll probably faint when I see how much I've gained. :yikes:

Be back later. :grouphug:
Es

Princess1122
03-19-2007, 10:24 AM
Morning all, The college visit went well and we liked the college, staff and campus. DS will do well there. Had to eat out a bit this weekend since we were traveling but for the most part I stayed on plan.

E's: I'm with you! I would eat it all if I had so many wonderful things in front of me :D

Jen: How was the party? Not sure were everyone is latley but it would be nice to see them come back again.

I have to run but will check back later.
Susan

Sandancy
03-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Hi Buddies,

I am back. It has been a long, long time. I want to be part of this fine circle of friends again. I finally have the opportunity to do WW again. We started an at work meeting, and I just signed up this morning. I have done waayyy too much damage staying away!
:grouphug: I hope I can both get and give support here.

Sandy

Jenny523
03-20-2007, 06:22 AM
Sandy,
How good to see your post!! Welcome back :hug: I've been thinking of you and was hoping we'd hear from you. How are Mike and the boys? I imagine you've already got a start on this year's garden. Spring is upon us!

~Jen

SD Gal
03-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Essie your points plan sounds smart to me. I have been sticking to 22 points and going no where else.. smart to mix that up so thank you!! ;)

Princess1122
03-21-2007, 09:04 AM
Morning all!

I just wanted to check in and see what it going on with everyone... so glad to see folks are back and talking again.

Not much new here, just trying to get thru this week... hoping to maintain at W/I on Saturday as I have not gotten in much cardio this week and a few other factors, so I am up a bit for now.

I have to run but will check back later on... Have a happy day!
Susan

Hi all,
Spring is always so busy here. I have got to slow down and work on myself. I have got to get serious again. I will make it a priority to get on here at least 4 times a week.
I MISS Y'ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gossip:
Let's get going. How abaout a challenge from spring to summer which is around this time in June. I would like to lose at east 15 pounds by then.
How is everyone??????

Luv y'all,
Terri

Rios426
03-24-2007, 08:53 AM

Terri, glad you're back & Sandy. I'm up for a challenge. Starting date? Till when? I think I mentioned David got engaged. They are planning a Spring 2008wedding. If I start now I can be 50 lbs. lighter by then.

Let's do it:carrot:

Hugs,
Es

COOL ES!!!!!
Who is she? Give us details. :lol:
I say we start now and end never. Seriously how about June 20. That will give us all spring.
My birthday is Tuesday so I will eat a little but I will stay away from the healthy stuff. :lol: Last year on my b-day we had a flood in our house.
I want to take a jacuzzi bath and relax and think of nothing but myself.
That will last til the kids get home.

Hope you are all having a nice Sunday.
Luv ya,
Terri

Jenny523
03-25-2007, 03:12 PM
Back online, after having our computer shut down since Thursday. We had to move the computer desk in order for new windows to be installed.

Every window in the house replaced! I'm in heaven....and a bit poorer! :lol: They look great, I'm thrilled.

Terri, I'm up for the Summer Challenge! I've been very slack about getting started, and your suggestion came at the perfect time. I'm going with 15 pounds as well. We can do it! :strong:

Hope everyone's well. It's a spectacular day here, sunny and in the 70's :sunny: Crocuses are blooming, it's nice to see color after the dreary winter.

have a great day,
~Jen

Sandancy
03-25-2007, 06:41 PM
Hi All,

I am up for the challenge too! 15 lbs would be great:carrot:
I haven't been back to post yet, because this was a crazily busy week. I still do costumes for the high school, even if both of my kids have moved on. I really love working with the kids, seeing the show come together and being part of a team of people who are becoming great friends. This year the spring musical was "Oliver". We had a great turn out, and I think it actually made money for the school fine arts program. The only problem is I can't get the songs out of my head. (Take your pick: Consider yourself, You've got to pick a pocket or two, Where is Love, Its a Fine Life, I'm Reviewing the Situation, As Long as He Needs me....)I told Mike I needed to listen to some hard rock to get over it.:D

Mike, Dave and Greg are all fine, I will fill you in bit by bit.

Es, Congrats to David! How exciting for your whole family!

Jen, thanks for the welcome back, I sure did miss being here. My crocuses are all poking up, the yellow ones came first. I am starting lots of flower seeds under my plant light, wish me luck.

Teri, I had to read your sentence twice to be sure, stay away from the healthy stuff, that's cute. But birthdays should always be fun, have a great day.:bday2you: It just so happens that's my Greg's birthday too, he will be 20 on March 27th.

Hi Susan, good luck with the college decisions, it is so exciting to help them with this big transition. Is this your first one to leave the nest?

Hi to anyone I missed, I have been MIA for so long, hope to be lots more regular again.

:grouphug:
Sandy

Princess1122
03-26-2007, 10:39 AM
Well I had a bad W/I on Saturday but I am not going to let it bother me... I had a lot of factors going against me so I just need to turn it around and I will see it going down wards again.

I am getting ready for my trip so I have been really busy lately and will remain so for the next week and a half...

I don't have time for replies but will check back later on and hopefully read and reply.

Have a happy day!
Susan

Sandy,
The costumes sound wonderful. I love those songs but I don't think I'd like to hear them all the time. Our school is doing Oklahoma this year.
Glad we are all coming back. I know I need y'all. 15 pounds in three months is doable.

Susan,
Have fun on the trip. We are all going to gain off and on during our lifetime
I mean that is how long we are going to be doing all this.

TTYL,
Terri

Jenny523
03-26-2007, 06:52 PM
Susan,
You've been doing great, and are here without fail. THAT is a success even if the scale doesn't show a loss. Whoo hoo, Hawaii is right around the corner!

Sandy,
It sounds like the costume-making is very rewarding for you. All day I had the Consider Yourself song running thru my head...gee, thanks! :lol:
:hb: Happy Birthday to Greg!

Terri,
Enjoy your special day tomorrow. You have the same birthday as my friend who moved to Iowa. I didn't realize it till now. Enjoy that "unhealthy" food! I know you won't do that badly.

I began journalling today :dancer: first time in a while. For me it is probably the most valuable tool I got from WW; it helps me a great deal. Got on the scale this morning and recorded my weight; I'll be weighing in on Mondays.

Hi Es, Dianne, Zoe, Ruth :wave:

~Jen

Princess1122
03-27-2007, 02:10 PM
It is so good to see everyone back again!!!

Jen and Terri: Thanks for the encouraging words!

I only have a minute as I am actually busy today at work but I wanted to stop by and say hello!

Have a happy day!
Susan

Jenny523
03-27-2007, 06:58 PM
:balloons: Happy Birthday, Terri !!! :woo: :hb:

:bday2you:
Hope you're having a wonderful day.
I hope you're relaxing and enjoying yourself!

My brain is fried. I'm in my 8th week on the new job; while the other job was physically demanding, this is mentally so. Even after a good night's sleep (the insomnia went away when I got this position, go figure) I feel drained at the end of a day. There's quite a lot to learn, and it's a challenge, but I love it and am very happy that I made the change in departments. I'll feel more at ease when I've got a year under my belt and won't worry so much.

Hope all is well with everyone.

~Jen

Rios426
03-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Happy Birthday to you.:hb:
Happy Birthday to you.:gift:
Happy Birthday to Terri.:woo:
Happy Birthday to youuu!!!:cp:

:bday2you: :gift: :balloons:

Happy to Greg too.:balloons:

Hugs,
Es

Thanks so much Jen,
I had a relaxing day. Got lots of nice gifts from Bruce and the kids.

I am so glad you are happy with your switch. Life is to short not to be.

Es,
Thanks for the song. I loved reading it. :lol:

I subbed kindergarten today. Those kindergarten teachers deserve a raise.
They are cute but man!

TTYL,
Terri

Princess1122
03-29-2007, 09:44 AM
Morning all,

Just a quick check in to see what is going on... Happy Birthday Terri!

Not much else is new here with the exception that the sun is shining, that is always a wonderful thing!

I have to run but will check back in later on.

Susan

Rios426
03-30-2007, 08:59 AM

Terri, glad to hear you liked my little song. Birthdays come & go so fast don't they? How's my girl Britt?

Susan, you are always on the run. You are one busy lady but at least you make it a point to stop in & say hello. TGIF:carrot:

I had the back injection yesterday so I'm home relaxing. I rented Holiday with Cameron Diaz but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

Jen didn't know you were changing jobs. What are you doing?

Just wanted to say hello. I'll try & be back later.
Hugs,
Es

Princess1122
03-30-2007, 11:33 AM
Afternoon all!

Well it is Friday and that is a wonderful thing... I am very excited about our upcoming trip and we are getting ready for it... I did ask my DH to take me to see Wild Hogs this weekend as a quick mental break, I hear it is very very funny so a really good belly laugh is just what I need.

Best wishes for an awesome week to all!
Susan

Jenny523
03-30-2007, 11:01 PM
Es,
Hope your back is feeling better.
I still work for the Village (www.palatine.il.us (http://www.palatine.il.us)) but moved from the Finance Dept. to the Neighborhood Services Dept. 8 weeks ago. It was supposed to be a lateral move; both positions have the generic name of Customer Service Clerk. I did receive a decent raise tho! This work is much more interesting. We issue licenses for residential rental units. I schedule the inspection appts. for 4 inspectors; prepare invoices, and take complaint calls from tenants with landlord issues/dispute. We work closely with the Health Dept. as well.

Susan,
Your trip is in less than a week!!! I can only imagine how excited you are. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.

Had a so-so week in terms of WW. Good days and not so good :shrug: that's life. I'm plugging away.

~Jen

Sandancy
03-30-2007, 11:30 PM
Hi my Friends,:hug:

Teri, Glad to hear you had a good birthday! Especially since you share the day with Greg.:lol:
Es, I hope you feel better for the weekend and that the shots are helping to get a lasting improvement.
Jen, Thanks for sharing the link to the village. Do you live there too? It sounds like it is the size of a small city, I had no idea!
Susan, Where and when is your trip? I missed the details.

I had a pretty good week, but I think the weekend is going to be a real challenge. I lost 4.6 at my first weigh in. My regular meeting is on Mondays. I am well into the week, and I think I am pretty low on the WPA point available for the weekend. I am searching for new favorite recipes, I always do better on WW when I have variety in my meals.

Greg is home for the weekend. We will be celebrating his birthday, and my mother's too. We also have our church annual dinner. It will be busy!

:broc:

Jenny523
03-31-2007, 03:16 PM
Sandy,
Good loss! :cp: The weekends and celebrations are challenging, but as our Dianne says, "life gets in the way". We have to focus on getting right back the next day.
The village I work for has a population of 65,000 or so. I live in a town of 34,000 about 7 miles away. Having been born and raised in Chicago, to us they're all "small" towns! :lol:

Tonight is the 4th annual fundraiser for my niece JoAnn, who passed away after her courageous battle with colon cancer. It's a fun evening, with a silent auction, split the pot, live music. The money raised goes to a scolarship fund established in her name by the family at the parish school we all attended and her girls attend.

:wave: HI to all...have a great weekend,
~Jen

Susan,
Let me know how the movie is. I love Tim Allen and William H. Macy.

Jen,
I hope the fundraiser goes well. That is so sad about JoAnn.
Small? :lol: My hometown (Shadyside, Ohio) has 4,000 people. :carrot:

Sandy,
I hope Greg had a great birthday. It is a special day. Go Aries!!!!!
When is your mom's?
Great loss by the way! You rock!!!!

Es,
Britts says hi!!!! She is a junior in college and will graduate next year.
How are your precious pets? My sister is getting a baby Yorkie tomorrow. She is so excited. Her little Abbey died a month ago. She still has Georgie (named after her husband's dad who died the week they got her 8 years ago.
She is naming this one Dixie after my dad (Dix) who died 2.5 years ago.
She is so excited. Tanner and Bosco follow me wherever I go. Love it!

I lost 1.4 this week. Brittany lost 1.4 also. My son, Brandon, lost 3.8. He was excited.
I'll talk to y'all later,
Terri

Jenny523
04-01-2007, 08:34 AM
Terri,
:cp: for your loss! And kudos to Britts and Brandon as well :dancer: You're all doing great. I can't believe it's already been 2.5 years since you lost your Dad. And Britts a junior already! Good thing we are not getting any older while all this is rushing by.

Last night was fun. A great band.

Today is the treadmill, laundry..and then vegging.

~Jen

Princess1122
04-02-2007, 09:34 AM
W/I went well on Saturday, down 3.2 lbs... I will take it! DH and MIL and I went to see Wild Hogs over the weekend... it was a great movie and just what I needed... I laughed so hard at some points that I thought I have going to have to run to the bathroom. Great movie, highly recommend it, there were a few areas in the middle that it slowed down a bit and it was predictable but for those of us over 40 it was all too familiar and very funny. If you go see that movie make sure that you don't leave before the credits roll as there is a part that continues as the credits are rolling and well worth staying for.

I had a diet coke and a soft pretzel rather then popcorn, etc. The pretzel came in a wrapper with the nutritional information on it and I just about fell over when I read it... that pretzel was 9 points! But I think it was the best choice available and we went to a late afternoon showing (4:50) so I basically just used that as my supper and had a snack later on when I got home.

It sure sounds like everyone is busy and on track... that is awesome!

Sandacy: DH and I are going to Hawaii... we leave this Wednesday morning... I am just bouncing off the walls with excitment and so is DH...

I have to run as I am trying to get things ahead at work since I will be gone but have a great day all and I will try and stop back again later on.
Susan

Zoe
04-02-2007, 06:42 PM
Hey you's guys......I see my name being called just recently here. I sure must be loved. LOL

To be perfectly honest, I was trying a different venue. I went to LA Weight Loss.....omg, I really HATED it!! That has got to be the WORST diet plan ever. Then I went "back" to Jenny Craig because I thought buying the food would be good for me....you know, someone telling you what to eat and that's all you eat. Nope. I counted the points on the Jenny meals and I was eating 23-24 pts a day. SAME AS WW! The difference? WW is more flexible for my lifestyle......so I went back this past Saturday.....bringing with me almost all the pounds I had lost and left there 'way back'. Oh well, I'm back on the WW wagon again....

Now, this is all NO REASON to have left my friends here but you's guys know me.....I tend to just go MIA for a bit.....but I always come "home" don't I ;)

My little Miss Rylea is going to be 15 months old on Friday. Can you beleive it?? Time sure flies. I am posting a photo of her from Christmas. I have more recent photos but on a different computer. She is a cutie and the light of my life.

I'll be back to chat again in a day or so.....

love you's guys

Princess1122
04-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Well this is just a quick fly-by to see how everyone is doing... and to also say farewell for the week... I will catch up with everyone next week!

Have a happy day!
Susan

dpadro
04-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Hello my buds -

Do you still remember me???? Sorry I've been away so long, combination of being really busy at work and, disgusted with myself re: ww, I mean REALLY disgusted, but what the heck - I'm back here anyway, still not doing anything good ww wise. Not sure what's up with me, but I don't have any inclination to do anything about ww - I don't remember feeling like this in so long.... I'd like to say I'm gonna try and do better, but I'd be lying, lol.

Oh well, anyway..........I've missed you guys and so many events apparently:

Es - :bravo: :cheers: on David's engagement, how great! That means in a couple of years you'll finally have that grandbaby, lol. Who is the girl, do you like her?

Terri - Belated :hb: to you. I hope it was great. I can't believe Britts is a junior in college already - HOLY MOLY, lol. As Jen says, lucky thing we don't age as everyone else around us does.

Jen - Congrats on your new job - that's wonderful. Good to hear you're sleeping better too. I can't believe 4 years have come and gone since your niece passed away. How are her daughters doing? And how is your sister?

Susan - :bravo: You are doing fantastic - can you send me some :dust: Wow, tomorrow is your trip to Hawaii, right? Have a safe trip and a wonderful time - maybe you'll post some pics when you get back.

Sandy - Hi there, how are you? Happy belated :hb: to Greg, hope it was a good one. Too funny about the songs - thank goodness I don't know them, so I won't be humming them anytime soon, lol.

ZoeGirl - Hey girl, how's it going? You seem to be in the same boat I'm in, but at least you've gone back to ww. Miss Rylea is a little beauty, so cute! You must be crazy about her.

Willie and I celebrated our anniversary last Sunday - I surprised him with tickets to a play - The Pirate Queen - its new, an Irish play. It was great. Then we went to dinner also, we had a good time.

Alana and Sal are doing well - still newlyweds and very happy. They come to our house to do laundry, lol. They have invited us for Easter dinner at their new apartment. Since there's so many of us in the family, everyone will cook something, so thank goodness its never all on one person.

Some sad news, my ex-husband (Steven's Dad) lost his wife this past week. She had liver cancer and was only 54. Very sad. Steven came in from Florida this weekend - today is the funeral in Philadelphia. Life certainly is short.

Well, I gotta get back to work, but I really wanted to come in and say hi to everyone.

I'll talk to you's soon.

Hugs,

Dianne

Dianne,
That is so sad. 54 is soooooo young.
Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!! I am glad the newlyweds are doing well.

Susan,
When you come back let me know how you liked it. We are going within the year. We have a timeshare. My sister used it last Sept. and they said it was gorgeous.

Zoe,
Rylea is a doll. 15 mos. already. WOW!!! What was wrong with LA WL?
I always wondered what their plan was like. Glad you are back.

Jen,
Glad you had a great time.

We are busy and into the spring band season. BUSY BUSY!!!!
Concerts, trips to Orlando for Bradley and hubby and a trip to Chattanooga for Brandon. Bruce and Bradley will be in Fl. while Brittany celebrates her 21st birthday. She wants to go to a restaurant with a bar and order me a drink. She doesn't want to drink it she just wants to order it. :lol:
She is going to insist that they check her ID. Her birthday is May 5 which is Cinco de Mayo so maybe we will go to a Mexican Restaurant.
Well, I hope y'all have a great Thursday. No school tomorrow. It is a weather day. We didn't get to use it so they get it off.

Luv ya,
Terri

Zoe
04-06-2007, 09:54 AM
Good Friday and Good Morning! :wave:

Life just takes up all of my time and of course, Rylea is a BIG part of it. Last Easter, she was only 5 months old so it wasn’t any big deal. This year, she is 15 months old and although she doesn’t really understand, I have some plans for her. I have those plastic eggs that you can put things in and I am going to fill some with the little foods she eats…..puffs, Gerber Graduates cookies, etc. I can’t think of any “toy” that would be that small AND safe for her. :dunno: Anyway, I am going to spread them all over the front lawn “in plain sight” and have her “find” them and put them into an Easter basket. Should be fun although they are saying rain in the morning so unless the sun comes out and dries up the lawn by 1pm, my plans are going to be squashed for the egg hunt. :mad:

Dianne ~ I see YOU’VE been gone a little while like me. Now, that was my MO. :lol: Yes, Rylea is a cutie. I just love her! I never thought I’d actually like being a grandparet but this is better than my own kids!!
I tried to look back on posts but haven’t come across any info on the wedding. I’m sure it was wonderful and now that it’s all behind you, you can breathe a sigh of relief. If you’re like me, you’re still paying for it. Sorry to hear about your ex’s wife. How sad, so young. You’re right, life is just too short ~ we have to enjoy every single moment.

Terri ~ Thank you for the compliment on Rylea. Yes, WOW. 15 months old already! Crazy how time flies.
About LA WL, I think it was just too hard for me although in reality, it’s similar to WW in some ways. Really, to me, it seemed like it was like the OLD way of WW, a certain number of proteins, fats, veggies, breads, etc. Too much work after the ease of POINTS is what I am supposing. Then, you have to buy/eat their “LA Lites” which are good but added cost. The diet seemed boring and too time consuming.
That was too funny about Brittany wanting to order YOU a drink but none for herself. Funny. Greg and I have our anniversary on her birthday, Cinco de Mayo. :love:

Well, that’s it…..gotta get to work. Have a wonderful day. Tomorrow is my first WI now that I’m back so I’m keeping my fingers crossed. Wouldn’t it be great to lose 6 lbs? :crossed: :goodscale:

Talk to you’s guys later, :easter3:

Jenny523
04-06-2007, 07:29 PM
First of all, let me say how absolutely AWESOME it is to see everyone back and posting!!! :hug: We have too much history now to stay away simply because we're not losing, right?

Where to begin?

Terri, Very cute about Britts! Having a birthday on Cinco de Mayo just screams out for partying (especially with the way liquor advertisers are playing it up), but you'll never have to worry about her. That's good. I know you're enjoying the day off. Have you been subbing much? My Mom used to do that; she'd always say no to any grade over 6th, tho...she found the kids to be too snotty....that was back in the 60's :lol:

Dianne, so sorry to hear about your ex's wife. What a tragedy. How nice to hear that Alana and Sal are enjoying life as newlyweds. Hope you have a great day together on Sunday. (I tried to post a donation for the Aids walk the other day but the site wouldn't work; I'll try again this weekend. It's near and dear to my heart, as I lost my cousin Pat to the disease).

Zoe, what a cutie! I love reading about Rylea and how you're enjoying being a grandmother. It is definitely different than when we had ours...much much better! I'm only sorry that our guys are getting bigger and there's no more little ones :shrug:

Susan is probably soaking up the sun in Hawaii as I write this. Good thing, as we're having cold temps of 30 degrees here in the Midwest! She went during the right week, that's for sure.

Es, how's your back? I hope you're doing well, don't see a recent post from you.

Now to address the weight issue.....in spite of my intent, I had no loss...not one smidgen of an ounce. Totally OP until I get home each evening. And after that I seem to have no control.

Update on the family....Jess is back to work after being home for 7 years :yikes: since she had Matt. She got a job as a receptionist in an animal hospital. I have been warning her not to bring home any kittens or puppies! Brandon and Matt are doing well. They're growing so fast. Matt will be 7 in June. Joey and Iliana will be celebrating their 1st anniversary next month!!! I cannot even believe it's gone by so quickly.

I hope you all enjoy your weekend, and a very Happy Easter to all who observe it.

love,
Jen :egg:

Sandancy
04-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Hi Everyone!

Wow Jen, you are so right! It is great to see so many of us together again.

We had a scare this week, my mother in law had a minor stroke. She lives with 2 of my sisters-in-law and they noticed her having some confusion with words. They brought her to a local hospital and she was transferred to one in Boston. It turns out that her Carotid(sp?) arteries were close to 90% blocked. They did the surgery yesterday and it looks like a success. They are keeping her to monitor her blood pressure, but it looks like she is on the mend with few after effects.

I wish I had more time to visit here, but I am way behind with stuff in general after this week.

Happy Birthday, Anniversaries and welcome back to all of us!

:easter3:

Sandy

Zoe
04-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Woo Hoo :carrot: I'm doing the happy dance today! I just have my first WI after starting over last Saturday and I lost 7.2 lbs!! Holy Canoli....I was praying for at least close to 6 but 7.2!! I'm walking on a cloud :dance: (ok, dancing on a cloud :lol: )

Sandy ~ Sorry about you mil but happy to hear that all is looking good for her.

Jen ~ I was so surprised to see how many of us were MIA this last time that I was. I was a little sad when I saw no one around but now, it's picking up. :D Your family sounds like everyone is doing well....that's great. Working after 7 yrs.......UGH! oh, but some kittens.....awwwww....haha

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Happy Saturday, Happy Easter and Happy weekend!

Rios426
04-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Hi Guys:wave:

So nice to have our group back:D

Zoe, so glad you're back. You go girl! Almost 8 lbs. WooHoo :bravo: :dancer: I was on LAWL a few years ago. They make it seem like it's cheaper than WW but buying those stupid bars it costs WAY more! It's very much like the old WW selection program. Rylea is so cute!

Sandy, sorry about your MIL. How old is she?

Jen, about being OP till the evening sets in, has always been my problem too. I'm not doing anything right now. In my head I know I should be doing the right thing but I can't seem to do it this time.:rollpin: My back is much better. I think this last injection worked.:crossed:

Terri, Britts turning 21:yikes: I can't believe how fast time is flying. So she wants to get ID'd :lol: She's too cute.

Dianne, so happy you're back. I know what you mean about feeling disgusted. I've been feeling like that for quite some time. I don't know what it's going to take for me to get it together. David is getting married in 2009. It was supposed to be 2008 but she wants a nice wedding. I'm happy for them. And, yes, finally I'll be a grandmother in a couple of years. She wants 4 boys. I'll settle for 1 :lol: Can't wait.

Well kiddos, you all have a Happy Easter.:easter2: :bunny2:

Hugs,
Es

Jenny523
04-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Hi to everyone :wave:

Can you believe Susan picked this week to go to Hawaii?? They're predicting a storm with anywhere from 1 to 5 inches of snow for us here in the Midwest :yikes:

We've got a family wedding this weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing my cousins. My folks had 6 kids and my Aunt Ginny (my Mom's sister) had 8, so we all grew up together basically.

Just found out that Joe has to go to Dallas for a week on the 22nd. While I hate him being away, I'm looking forward to a week to myself.

Have to run, just wanted to say HI
take care,
~Jen

Zoe
04-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Hey Jen......you could go with Joe to Dallas and come see me. ;)

dpadro
04-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Hi everyone:

ZoeGirl - WOW - 7.2 lbs. lost - HOLY MOLY!!! :carrot: and :bravo: That's fantastic! It would take me about 4 weeks to lose that much, :p
How did the Easter egg hunt go with Rylea - were you able to do it? Sounds like so much fun with a baby her age, just her discovering so many things must be fun to watch.

Es, amiga - looks like we're in the same boat too, lol. In my head I know the right thing to do too, but my stomach won't follow orders!! I'm back where I started when I went to ww 11 years ago - I can't believe it and yet I can. I'm hoping to get so disgusted that I "JUST DO IT". Well, the good thing about David's wedding being moved to 2009 is that you have two years to get ready, that's cool. Glad to hear your back is better.

Jen - The family wedding sounds like fun - enjoy! I know what you mean about missing Joe while he's gone but looking forward to time alone. Last month some time Willie's musician friends came to NY from PR and when they come, I totally lose him, lol. So one saturday, I just took the whole day for myself - went to the gym (something I desperately need to get back to), went to the mall, and went to Applebee's and had dinner by myself with my book. It was heaven!

Hi Sandy, sorry to hear about your MIL - how is she doing now? Very scary.
How are the boys doing?

Hi Terri - It is really hard to believe Britts is turning 21 - how is that boyfriend of hers?

Is Susan still in Hawaii? Hope she's having a great time.

We spent Easter at Alana and Sal's house - the first family holiday at their house. We had a great time. Sal's parents, Lisa & family, Darren & family and others came. Everyone cooked or brought dessert - well, everyone but Alana:joker: She bought the pernil (roast pork) already cooked. It made me laugh, I thought she's got the right idea - have people over and have them all cook, lololol.:D We played games - some were hysterical - Sal's mom wound up acting like a bird flying, we had a fashion show and we all had to do the "Tarzan yell", oy vey, lol. It was just a huge success and I told her so -I was very proud:hug:

Well, I guess that's it for now - don't want to be MIA again so thought I'd take the time to say hi.

Hope everyone has a great day and I'll talk to you's soon!

Hugs,
Dianne

Jenny523
04-12-2007, 09:25 AM
Well, how self-centered was I? :o

Popped in here to post a quick "hello" last time...and never even congratulated ZOE on her awesome loss! :cp: Good going! I considered, very briefly, going with Joe to Dallas, but I'm still on probation since I switched positions and departments at work. So...have until August before I begin requesting time off. Thank for the invitation, tho...who knows, one day we may all get together :crossed:

And....SANDY that really was a scare that your mother-in-law had. I hope she's on the mend and doing better.

DIANNE, it sounds as tho your Easter was a great time. It's so great that Alana and Sal hosted. It's about time our kids took over, right? ;)

We had a snowstorm yesterday :rolleyes: will winter never end?? About 2 inches on the ground. Totally froze the spring flowers that are up.

Have a great day,
~Jen

dpadro
04-13-2007, 10:01 AM
Good morning everyone:

Jen - Thanks so much for trying to support the AidsWalk - I just re-sent the link to your e-mail, but you could actually just click on the link below and it will take you directly to my donation page.

http://aidswalknewyork2007.kintera.org/faf/r.asp?t=4&i=216438&u=216438-118506018

Hopefully that will do the trick - thanks for your support, I really appreciate it!

Hope everyone is doing well - today's Alana's 24th birthday and she and Sal will celebrate together. Then tomorrow, I will have a little dinner and cake for her with the family over. Hope I feel better by then, I have a cold and its really rearing its ugly head today.

Hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend. I'll talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne

Princess1122
04-13-2007, 12:04 PM
Well I am back and we had an incredible time... it was wonderful and everything that we hoped it to be...

I have a serious case of jetlag so I am only doing a quick fly by... I will catch up with everyone later on!
Susan

Sandancy
04-14-2007, 12:06 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your concern for my MIL. She is 81 and the surgery went well, but it sure is tough on someone her age. She was transferred from the hospital to a rehab that is only 1.5 miles from my office. I visited her on Thursday on the way home and I could really see a vast improvement from last Saturday. My MIL is so easygoing, that I worry about her getting what she needs. My mother is so fussy and obstinate that you always know exactly what isn't right,:hug: but I love her like that :lol:.

We had a rather strange Easter because of all the hospital time. We didn't get to see the extended family, but we took Dave, his friend Brianna and Greg to a Mexican restaurant. It is really fun to spend time with the guys. Dave is still doing improv with his own troop, and he was also selected for a late night cast at ImprovAsylum in Boston. He is still saving up to move to Chicago to study comedy and writing at Second City. Greg is also performing. We went out to his college just last night to see him in the lead role in "Importance of Being Earnest". My sister and brother-in-law met us to see the play too. It was the first time that they ever saw Greg on stage. Happily, they thought it was worth the 1-1/2 hour drive!

Zoe, :high: Great loss this week! I bet you are super motivated now with that kind of reinforcement of your efforts. Rylea is superbly adorable. Did she enjoy her Easter hunt?
Es, I am so glad to hear your back is better. With spring eventually showing up, you can enjoy getting out more and walking.
Diane, I can't believe how young 24 sounds nowadays. :celebrate: Happy Birthday to Alana. I got married at 23 too, but it seems way too early from my distant vantage point of 54. But, you know Mike and I have been married 30 years now and it was the right choice:love:
Jen, I know what you mean about missing Joe lots when he is gone, but at the same time enjoying some time when you only have to pay attention to yourself for just a bit. I may be going off to Vermont this summer for 2 days with some female buddies.
Hi Susan, Glad to hear your trip was fabulous, love to hear more about it when you get past the jet lag.
Teri, Wow Brits is 21, just one more year and Greg will be also. Your boys sound like they are moving up fast with all the band activities. How do they like the trips?

Well I guess the day is escaping me, gotta do some homework for the course that I am taking.

:grouphug:
Luv ya's!
Sandy

Zoe
04-14-2007, 01:41 PM
Good Saturday morning everyone ~

Just got home from WW and a bunch of errands. I was a little afraid to hop on the scale because of Easter. I just can't resist the chocolate that is FOR THE KIDS.......;) Easter Sunday was great. I didn't over-eat and stayed pretty good. But the rest of the week, I kept taking a few pieces of candy every night. I couldn't resist. As it turned out, it didn't hurt me. I lost 2 lbs this week for a total of 9.2 in 2 weeks! :carrot:

Easter was fun with Rylea. Being only 15 months, she doesn't really know what's going on but I took about 18 of those plastic eggs and "hid" them in plain sight on the front lawn. I thought she'd be pooped and not get them all but she picked up every one of them and put them in her basket. It was great although very cold here that day. We had SNOW the day before. Crazy spring we're having.

Sandy ~ it sounds like you guys have a nice Easter, even with the issues with your MIL. I'm happy to hear that she's doing well.

Susan ~ Glad to hear that you had a great time.

Jen ~ 2 inches of snow on the ground?? Wow. I'm with you, WHEN will this winter end......we had snow the day before Easter. Looked like a blizzard outside but never stuck. The ground was just too warm I suppose but it's cold today too. It's supposed to only be around 55 today. I'm frozen.

Dianne ~ Happy belated birthday to Alana. Hope it was great. 24! Ah to be 24 again. My "baby" just turned 27 on March 24th. :eek:

Hi Es, Terri.

Have a great Saturday

Zoe
04-14-2007, 01:49 PM
here she is.....

decemberdianne
04-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Hi guys:

Just testing whether or not I was able to change my avatar with one of the wedding photos.

Be back later
Dianne

decemberdianne
04-14-2007, 02:16 PM
Eureka - it worked! I amaze myself sometimes, lol.

ZoeGirl - Rylea is toooooooooo cute! She looks like she had fun. Is that her grandpa's sexy legs next to her or Daddy's? Oh, and congrats on the loss - wow 9.2 in 2 weeks - fantastic! :cheers:

Jen - THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!:hug:

I'm sick - I left work early yesterday. So unfortunately, we had to cancel Alana's birthday celebration, but we're gonna do it one night during the week instead. I felt guilty, but sometimes you just have to take care of yourself, so I'm just vegging out today.

Hi to everyone :wave: I'll come back in later or tomorrow.

Jenny523
04-14-2007, 03:03 PM
Dianne,
You're welcome :)
And a very Happy Birthday to Alana!!! :woo: :hb:
I hope you're feeling better.

Zoe,
What a cutie!!! Looks like she had fun. Great going on a good loss during Easter week! That is commitment. Good for you :cp:

Susan,
We need to hear about the sun and warmth of the islands! Photos would help a great deal as well!

Sandy,
It is so cool to hear about the talents of both of your guys. Glad to hear that your MIL is on the mend. Your Easter sounded fun. I could go to a Mexican restaurant any day!

later,
~Jen

Rios426
04-15-2007, 09:54 AM
Hi Girls,

Amiga, I didn't know you were computer savvy. Is that the right word? Nice picture. Do they live close to you? Happy belated birthday to Alana:bday2you:

Jen, I can't believe you got snow! We are supposed to get a nor'easter today but it's supposed to be all rain. Soon you'll be enjoying your pool.:flow2:

Zoe, you amaze me. When you get serious about losing weight it just falls right off. Are you doing Core? Rylea is so cute! I would be kissing her all the time.

Susan, welcome back. Do you know how to do the whole picture thing online?

Sandy, I'm happy to hear MIL is doing well. Must be nice seeing Greg on stage.

Gotta go. Dave's fiancee spent the night & she should be waking up soon. I'm making pancakes with turkey sausage for breakfast.:T I haven't had real pancakes in such a long time. I usually buy the Aunt Jemima's low fat frozen ones which are not bad at all.

Have a great day my friends:wave:
Es

Jenny523
04-16-2007, 07:52 AM
We had a nice weekend. Danced up a storm at the wedding on Saturday evening...my knees are paying for it now!!

About 2 years ago my SIL introduced me to the line of Bare Escentuals makeup. I have used nothing since, love the product. We attended a brunch yesterday at which we met the founder of the company, Leslie Blodgett. What a nice, down to earth woman! In spite of the fact that she's filthy rich :lol: We also received goodie bags with very cool gifts inside.

The best part of it all was that the brunch was in the Signature Room of the John Hancock, on the 94th floor. What a spectacular event! Each time I go downtown I'm in love with the city all over again. It was a beautiful clear day and the view was wonderful. We did some shopping at Water Tower Place; the perfect day!

And...Chicago was chosen over Los Angeles to be the U.S. candidate for hosting the 2016 Olympics!!! Mayor Daley has been a positive driving force in the city, and I'm happy that we made such a good showing.
:crossed: that the final decision, which will be made in 2009, is in our favor as well.

Have to get ready for work. Have a good day,
~Jen

Princess1122
04-16-2007, 10:28 AM
Morning all,
Still working on getting over the jetlag... hoping it goes away soon... I thought this weekend would help but my sleep pattern is still way off.

W/I on Saturday went like I thought it would... up 4.4 lbs but since I was on vacation I am not worried about it, it will come off. I need to get back on the exercise wagon quickly... it makes a huge difference with me.

Jen: Your function sounded fantastic... I have seen that product on TV but have never used it. I have a strange skin tone and nothing ever seems to match it...

E's: I don't have a online site to post pictures but will work on that as I have been asked by lots of folks to see them... do you have any suggestions?

Dianne: Sorry to hear that you have been sick... my DS was also but seems to be getting better now... how about you? Are you feeling better?

Zoe: Love the easter candy! it is a hard time of year, rates right up there with halloween!

Hawaii was great, DH and I loved it and are trying to figure out a way to retire there or just visit an awful lot... LOL. The weather is perfect, never below 61 and never over 100... it is sunny most of the time but never seemed HOT if that makes sense. The people are friendly and helpful but the prices are very high... The beaches are breathtaking and the water clear and blue and you get a lot of sun before you realize it... LOL - both DH and I got burnt but we rebounded quickly and got right back out there :D

Susan

Zoe
04-16-2007, 02:59 PM
Hello ladies :wave:

It's Monday, my usual day off and again, like usual, it's not my own. :( It's payday and when that lands on a day that I'm not at work, I just can't trust Greg to do what needs to be done on his own. :lol3: So off I went to get the checks, then to Michael's for a sale they are having.....then the phone rings and it's Jenna...."Mom, can you pick Rylea up from daycare early and take her to the DR?" UGH! (like I really MIND picking her up...haha) She has a 3pm appt for an ingrown toe nail!! Poor baby. Then, she calls me and said that she had a little 'incident' at school, feel and hit her lip. They put ice on it but she wanted me to know so I didn't freak. <sigh>

The weather over the weekend was horrible. Tornados ripped through Fort Worth and JUST MISSED US! That's the 2nd time a tornado came through here, touched down, then jumped over us and touched down again! I am really feeling like God is watching over me.

I told Greg that I was putting myself on a budget and going to become frugal. Guess what he said? Nothing, he was driving and he just looked over at me and laughed like I just told the funniest joke in the world. :rofl: I'll show him........:D Anyway, my goal is to pay off ALL our debt so that he can retire in about 4 yrs. So I started by doing my own hair color AND highlights over the weekend. I usually pay like $150 and this only cost me $15 and it really looks great! I'm so proud of myself. Yesterday, my neighbor saw me and said "oh, I love your hair".....woo hoo. I'm on my way. :carrot:

Dianne ~ Great pictures! They look so happy. :) Hope you're feeling better.

Jen ~ all that dancing was great exercise! Good for you! Hope your knees are ok.

Es ~ you know, I really DO have the weight fall off me when I am committed. :lol: I really do lose easy, if I put my mind to it. Oh, the turkey sausage......I buy Jimmy Dean turkey sausage patties, frozen. They are wonderful! 3 points for 2 of them. In the microwave, put them on light bread, toasted and there is a filling and tasty 4 pt breakfast. :T

Susan ~ the jetlag from Hawaii must be murder! I can only imagine since I'm never been there. We flew from Dallas to Puerto Rico (5 hrs) and THAT was bad so I can just imagine. Hope you're recouperating ok

Hi to everyone else.

Well, that's it for now. Gotta get ready to bring Rylea to the DR. Have a great afternoon ladies.

Princess1122
04-18-2007, 11:57 AM
Just a quick fly by to see what is going on... slowly getting back into the swing of things... looking forward to Friday as always!

How is everyone doing?

Susan

decemberdianne
04-18-2007, 08:34 PM
Hi everyone:

Jen - That brunch sounds like fun, especially where it was held. It that makeup new? I don't think I've heard of it before. Very cool on the dancing, it is great excercise and more fun than a treadmill, lol.

ZoeGirl - Real "me" days off are usually hard to come by, even after the kids are grown;) Poor baby, is she okay - did you mean she fell or Jenna fell? Great job on doing your own hair.

Susan - Welcome back and don't worry about the lbs - you'll get them off soon enough as dedicated as you are about weight loss and exercise. Besides, don't you know that "life gets in the way sometimes", lol - the girls can tell you that's my motto:p No, seriously, no matter how well I'm doing on ww, I will always make sure I enjoy my food when I'm on vacation, or its Christmas, etc. I will not deprive myself, I just WILL NOT:devil: Glad you had a great time, I'm sure Hawaii must be so beautiful.

Amiga, como estas? David's fiance is a lucky girl with you cooking her a nice big breakfast - by the way, what is her name? I must confess I have never ever tasted pancakes in my life - I know I'm weird where food is concerned - I won't eat pancakes cause I don't like syrup, lol - go figure. If food looks funny or sounds funny, I won't eat it . I have never ever had cottage cheese - OMG, if my boss has cottage cheese, she tell's me "Dianne don't come in here (her office) - you know what I'm eating", lololol.

I am feeling better and went to work today, but man, was I sorry I did - the work was just piled nice and high waiting for me - I felt like going right back out the door. Oh, well, what can you do.

We had Alana's little party on Monday, even though I was sick. We had a good time and she was so happy that I actually decorated and had lavendar and purple cups, plates, tablecloth, etc. and balloons. She's still like a little girl sometimes:hug:

Hi Terri, Sandy and Ruthie - hope you are all well.

God bless all the families of the Virginia Tech students, how tragic. My university has certain emergency procedures that are followed, but in the end, can you really stop someone intent on doing what he did? I don't know. I cannot imagine what these people must be going through. I hope they find some peace somehow.

Let me get going - I'll talk to you's soon.

Princess1122
04-20-2007, 01:14 PM
It is a warm and sunny day here... summer is on the way!

Best wishes to all weighing in this weekend!

I can stay but wanted to check in quick.
Susan

Princess1122
04-24-2007, 10:42 AM
Went to W/I on Saturday... down 3.4 lbs so I was very happy about that. Most of the vacation wieght is gone and I am back on track :carrot:

Hope all is well with everyone, quiet around here...

Susan

dpadro
04-24-2007, 12:15 PM
Hi guys:

Just coming in to let you know that I am finally doing something about this weight issue - I started fresh yesterday, got in all my supplies, etc. - will start walking tonight. I think this "fog" I've been in has finally broken a bit and I really want to do this. As I said before, I am back at the weight I was went I walked in ww 12 years ago this June - that is sad and unacceptable. Anyway, Lisa (my step-daughter) and I are trying to help each other with a challenge - 10 lbs. by end of June. I lose slowly so that might not happen, but anything is better than nothing right?

Susan - Big congrats on your loss - :bravo: :cheers: - great job!

Hi to everyone - gotta run. Oh also, some more good news - I reached my Aidswalk goal of $1,000.00 today so I'm a happy camper!

Have a great day everyone.

Hugs, :grouphug:
Dianne

Princess1122
04-25-2007, 08:34 AM
Dianne: Great job in getting on track, that is just awesome and you are going to feel so good once you get started... best wishes!

Just a quick check in to see how everyone is doing.

Happy Hump Day!
Susan

Jenny523
04-25-2007, 08:58 AM
Susan,
Good going on the loss! :cb: That vacation gain didn't stay long! Good for you.

Dianne,
No matter how much we backslide, there's always the future to plan for. I'm glad you're out of that fog. I totally understand, am there....again.
And congrats on reaching your Aidswalk goal !!

Lots of rain last night and this morning. That's good, we needed it. It's cool now but a sunny warm weekend is being predicted.

Am missing Joe, hate sleeping alone! He'll be home Friday, which is a good thing.

HI :wave: to everyone.
~Jen

Rios426
04-26-2007, 07:25 PM
Hi girls:wave:

I can not believe I haven't been here since last week? I can't stay. Just want to say hello. I turned 53 today. No biggie. Just went to the movies to see Disturbia. It was very good. I had a few drinks so I'm very tired. :yawn:

I'll be back tomorrow.

Hugs,
Es

Jenny523
04-27-2007, 07:17 AM
:balloons:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Happy Birthday, Es!!!!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

:celebrate:

These wishes are a day late,
but come from the heart.
My best to you, my friend.

:bday2you:

love,
Jen

Princess1122
04-27-2007, 08:10 AM
E's: Best wishes for a very very happy birthday...

Jen: How are you doing?

Zoe: What is new with you?

Dianne: Do we have two dianne's now? I am confused like always... LOL. I looked at the posts and thought I saw two but maybe you have two logins?

I have to run...

W/I tomorrow and really hoping for the best... I really want to take that next step down and out of the 180's for good...

Princess

dpadro
04-27-2007, 09:39 AM
Es, mi amiga - :congrat: :hb: :bday2you:

Happy belated birthday amiga! I feel like an idiot - 2 days ago, I said to myself, Es' birthday is coming up on 4/26 - don't forget and, of course, I forgot - I blame it on senior moments:p I hope you had a great birthday. Who is in that movie Disturbia? I think I heard of it, but can't remember (another senior moment, lol).

Susan - No, there's not 2 Dianne's (although I've been known to have multiple personalities, :rofl: ) At one point a few years ago, I had to re-register for some reason, hence the decemberdianne and the dpadro. I think it alternates between when I use my work computer and when I use my home computer, go figure! Anyway, good luck on weighing in tomorrow. I know how great it feels (yes, I can remember, lol) to go down a number. You're doing great :congrat:

Hi Jen - how's it going? How are the boys? Joe's coming home today right? I'll bet you're a happy camper :val2:
ZoeGirl - how are you? and how is Miss Rylea?

Hi Terri - what's happening in your corner of the world?

Hi Sandy and Ruthie - hope you guys are well.

So far so good, my first week back on track. I've actually banked about 7 pts. so far. I started on Monday, so I guess that will be my official weigh in day. I have kept away from the scale so as not to drive myself nuts and will wait until Monday to check. Lisa's doing well too. I walked only 2 nights so far out of 4, but I'll make up for that this weekend :running:. Its weird, but I find when I set mind my to doing this, it really doesn't seem so hard. I don't know what happens later - I wish I could continue to feel this way - I guess I'll need a major infusion of :dust:

Have a great day everyone - talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne

dpadro
04-30-2007, 04:46 PM
Hi guys:

Lost 3 lbs. my first week back on track! :carrot: Lisa lost 3.5. Feeling good!!

Hope everyone's doing well. Be back tomorrow.

Hugs,
Dianne

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-day/yinyang01/lb/159.5/145/156.5/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

Princess1122
05-01-2007, 08:46 AM
Congrats Dianne!!!! Weigh to go!!!!

My W/I went well also... down 2.6, it will be a fleeting loss as my TOM is fast approaching but that too is fleeting... frustrating, but fleeting.

Have a great day all!
Susan

Jenny523
05-02-2007, 06:28 PM
Dianne!
:cp: good loss, and a great beginning! :cb: It's great that Lisa is your partner...and congrats to her on the loss as well :D

Susan!
You've been so focused, week after week. I applaud your determination :cp: good going on another loss. You are doing great!!

Joe has been MIA for quite a while. After returning from Dallas very late last Friday night, he had to drive to Michigan on Monday for work. He came home last night, is golfing tonight, and will be gone again on Friday when he goes on a weekend fishing expedition with my brother, returning home on Sunday evening.
I told him that I've spent all that time keeping the home fires burning, and it's calling for some serious shopping :rofl: and then he gets that deer in the headlights look!

Any plans for Cinco de Mayo? A huge group of people from work are going out for drinks on Friday. From the stories I've heard about previous years' celebrations, it tends to get crazy. I'm not sure if I'll go with them. I absolutely never drink and drive. I'll have a margarita at home instead ;)

HI to all :wave:
~Jen

Princess1122
05-03-2007, 07:56 AM
Morning all!

Jen: Thank you very much for the kind words! The scale is up a bit for me right now but I have been over eating this week for some reason... TOM maybe coming but that is no excuse, but I like to use it anyway :devil: - No plans for me for Friday... DH and I don't really go out and never drink and drive either so it is home for us...

All: nothing new here... I need to get moving on my cardio again but I just am not very motivated right now... I just need to kick myself in the butt and get going I guess. Hope all is well with everyone!

I will check back later on.

Zoe
05-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Hello friends :wave:

Sorry I've been MIA (again!!) It's been a crazy few weeks. Today, Cinco de Mayo, is our anniversary...28 years. We aren't doing too much. Jenna, Jimi and Rylea will be over soon to see us and we'll all go out to dinner together. Nothing romantic, just the whole crew. :)

On a more serious note, why I've been gone, my Mom was put in the hospital on April 22. She was dehydrated and had not eaten anything in days, staying in bed. They said she had renal failure, dehydration and was weak. She had been suffering on and off for years.....had been diagnosis with colon cancer about 8 yrs ago. It's mostly been smooth and she's been well but I had been leaving town for a business trip on the Tues after she went into the hospital (4/24) and just as I'm going through security at the airport, my sister calls and said that the DR told my brother that it's not likely my mother would leave the hospital. My legs almost gave out from under me! As days went by, she got stronger but still, not well. It seems that the cancer came back again (3rd time) in different places. They said she could go home but only if she let Hospice come with her and she agreed. She's home now, sounds great but really, she is in stage IV and that's not good. Jenna, Rylea and I are going to see her Friday until Monday for Mother's Day weekend. I'm not sure if y'all realize that she is in FL and I am in TX so it's been rough for me. I cannot think straight and to be honest, I've done just about nothing. I missed WW for 3 weeks now (being out of town for 2 of them and then today because I just wasn't up to it)....then I'll miss next week being in Tampa and the week after for a golf weekend Greg and I are supposed to go on. Anyway, these are my excuses and I'm sure weight I just lost is probably back ~ I am such a stress eater!

I haven't read any of the posts here yet but wanted to drop in and say hello and ask you for your prayers for my Mom. She does nothing but talk about Rylea and wants to see her. I pray that she will be strong enough to enjoy the 4 days we'll be there with her. It may be the last time she sees her. :(

Thank you my friends.....I'll be back soon.

Patti aka Zoe ><>

Jenny523
05-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Patti,
My prayers are with your Mom, and all of you who love her. :hug: Be strong and take care of yourself as well.
hugs,
Jen

decemberdianne
05-05-2007, 09:50 PM
ZoeGirl - so sorry to hear about your mom - my prayers are with her and all of you who love her. Try to remember to take care of yourself, you don't want to get too stressed - try to enjoy your weekend with her. I'll bet Rylea will make her feel so much better - babies have that effect on everyone. Take good care my friend and don't worry about ww right now.

Hi everyone - my son Steven surprised me - he wants me to go to Florida and spend Mother's Day weekend with him. First I said no, cause it seemed so spur of the moment and Willie can't go. Plus I felt bad leaving one child (Alana) to be with another. But then Willie told me it would be good for me to get away for a few days since I've really been so stressed at work, coming home late, etc. He thinks I should go and Alana said she was fine with it too, so I'll be leaving Friday and coming home on Monday. I don't get to spend much time with Steven since he lives in Florida so it should be fun. Of course Justin is in China so no way I was going to be with him for Mother's Day. He's doing well musically there and he loves it. He sent us an article that described him as "an astonishing young drummer from New York" - how :cool: is that??!!!

How is everyone - it seems quiet in here lately - Amiga where are you??? Hi Jen, Terri, Susan, Sandy and Ruthie :wave:

Still going good ww wise - willie and I have been walking every night - we figured it out and its 2 miles, so that makes me feel good. We'll see what the scale has to say on Monday.

Have a great weekend everyone,

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/slider-but8/lb/159.5/145/156.5/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

Princess1122
05-07-2007, 08:16 AM
Zoe: I am so very sorry to hear about your mother... my prayers are with you and your family...

W/I did not get well on Saturday but I expected that... nothing else is new here...

I will check back in later on.
Susan

dpadro
05-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Good morning:

Lost 1 lb. this week - yesterday was Jessa's 6th birthday and I had some carvel ice cream cake, and other "stuff" on Saturday - so all in all I'm happy with the loss. 1 lb is really normal for me - its rare that I'll have a 2 lb loss after the first week. Willie and I have continued our 2 miles walk every night so that helps.

Hope everyone is well. ZoeGirl, thinking of you lots. Take care. Also, when I read your post I was so focusing on your Mom, I forgot to wish you and Greg Happy Anniversary :cheers: and :congrat:

Susan - Like you said, you were expecting a not so great wi because of TOM - I know it will be better next week for you - you're doing great :bravo:

Hi Jen, Es, Terri, Sandy & Ruthie :wave:

Hugs,
Dianne

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/slider-but8/lb/159,5/145/155.5/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

Princess1122
05-08-2007, 09:45 AM
Morning all... just a quick check in to see what is going on... nothing new here.

Princess

Zoe
05-11-2007, 08:40 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

Just a quick note to say hi before I leave for Florida in a few hours. My Mom sounds wonderful and when I get there, I can evaluate the situation. It's hard to know what's going on when you're so far away.

I apologize for not responding to posts here but I've not read much in the last few weeks. I promise, once I'm back next week, I will really concentrate on getting my mind back. :)

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for my Mom. I appreciate all of you. We've been friends here for so many years......(I can't believe it's been over 7 years now!!!) and I love you's guys.

And thank you for the anniversary wishes too. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and Dianne, enjoy your Florida trip too!

Rios426
05-12-2007, 07:36 PM
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL MY BUDDIES!

HUGS:wave:

Princess1122
05-14-2007, 10:05 AM
W/I was un-eventful on Saturday... down .6 but I will take it.

Mothers day was wonderful, time with the family, dinner out, and some wonderful presents... all in all it was a great weekend.

Hope all is well with everyone!
Princess

dpadro
05-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Hi everyone:

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day and relaxed. I got back from Florida Monday night (back to reality, lol). Had a great time with Steven and packed alot into the 4 days. We went bowling, to the movies (Spiderman 3), beach, dinner at friends. It was cool having breakfast at a litte outdoor restaurant at the beach and then going in the water - I just love the water in Florida.

ZoeGirl - How was your trip to Florida - how is your Mom doing?

I lost 1 lb. which I'm extremely grateful for considering I was on a mini vacation. So I'm down 5 lbs in 3 weeks (that's about normal for me, lol).

I hope you all are doing well - kind of quiet in here.

Talk to you's soon,

Hugs,
Dianne

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/fireworks01/lb/159.5/145/154.5/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

Princess1122
05-17-2007, 10:31 AM
I'm still here... just working and hoping for a good W/I on Saturday...

Princess

decemberdianne
05-19-2007, 10:28 AM
Good morning everyone - everyone? where are you? You guys are hiding on me and Susan. Come out, come out where ever you are!

Susan - hope your weigh in goes well. Good luck.

My wi is monday, but I snuck a peek this morning and I was down .5, so that may be it, but I'll take it.

Tomorrow is the AIDSWALK - looking forward to it. The weather is supposed to be nice and I'll certainly get in some exercise.:p I'm feeling good about how things are going - it seems like the first 3 weeks flew and I'm down 5.5 so far. I'm already starting to feel a difference in the waistline of my pants, more room and my face which is the first to lose weight looks different. I'm just hoping to keep the motivation I feel now.

How is everyone doing?

Gonna take Jessa & Alissa to see Shrek 3 today. Have a great weekend everyone.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/fireworks01/lb/159.5/145/154.0/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

Princess1122
05-21-2007, 08:54 AM
W/I went ok... down 1.6 so I will take it... I have started walking and riding my bike again which will help also... I did have a high points weekend but am hoping that I will still do well at my next W/I.

Dianne: How was the movie and the walk? Both sound like fun!

Have a great day all!
Princess

decemberdianne
05-21-2007, 02:24 PM
Hi guys:

Susan - :bravo: on your loss, that's awesome. And great job walking and bike riding - that should be fun as well as great exercise. The movie was fun, we all enjoyed it. The Aidswalk was great, the weather was so beautiful. Today I'm home, I knew from the last walk that I should always take the next day off, because I'm a bit sore, lol.

I didn't weigh in today because yesterday after the walk we went to the seaport and I had shrimp and pasta, so I thought I'd give myself an extra day to let that digest, lol. I'll weigh in tomorrow.

Hope everyone is well. Come in and say hi.

Talk to you's soon.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/fireworks01/lb/159/145/154/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

Princess1122
05-22-2007, 09:45 AM
Dianne: Thanks for the cheers! Hope your W/I goes well today!

I did go for a short walk last night... it may take me a bit to get back up to the distance that I used to walk... but it is doable! We used the big balance ball in Pilates last night and that was a different work out...

Does anyone have a good way to prepare Mahi Mahi or other fish on the grill? Mine always seems to get dried out...

Susan

dpadro
05-22-2007, 10:23 AM
Good morning:

Susan - good job on the walking and you definitely will get back to the distance you're used to walking. The more you walk the more you can walk, lol. Willie and I went for our 2 mile walk last night. We try to do it every night.

Tonight we're going to Alana & Sal's for dinner. I haven't seen her since I got back from Florida :yikes: I miss her in more ways than one:( Anyway, that should be fun. My wi this morning was as I thought - lost the .5 I peeked in on Friday, lol. That's cool, I'll take it.

Sorry I can't help with the mahi mahi on the grill. I usually make fish in the oven wrapped loosely in alum. foil with a pat of butter and maybe a little adobo. It usually comes out soft. My son Justin made salmon in the broiler once with lemon juice and it was fantastic.

Hi to everyone, miss you guys!:hug:

Talk to you's soon.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/fireworks01/lb/159.5/145/154/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

Princess1122
05-23-2007, 08:12 AM
Morning all! Well it sure is quiet around here... Hope all is well with everyone.

By the way... I did an oven fry thing the other day that came out kind of good and thought I would pass it along... I took some large baking potatoes and cut them into about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices and then used some shake and bake (ranch and herb I think) dipped them in that and them put them on a baking sheet that I had sprayed with an olive oil spray and baked them at 425 for a while... we like ours kind of crispy so I let them go until they were to our liking but if you like them softer you can adjust accordingly... we had them with some grilled burgers and a salad... they were pretty good and the shake and bake didn't add too many points... I think I guess-timated that they added about 1 extra point to each serving of potatoes... It was different then just a baked potato or rice so it went over pretty well with the family...

Went for another mini walk last night... I asked my DH to go with me but he declined... he said he would start walking with me next week maybe and I am really looking forward to it as it makes the time go so much faster and you can walk further when you have a partner... at least it works that way for me... it gave us some time together with no ringing phones, etc and was just nice quality time...

Jenny523
05-23-2007, 05:04 PM
HI :wave:
Diane and Susan, you've done a great job of keeping this going when we all disappeared! I have been so far off WW it's not funny. I'm glad to hear you're both keeping at it, and hope some of your willpower will rub off on me!

Today is my birthday...took the day off, had a pedicure...and am now playing on the computer downloading songs onto my new iPod that Joe gave me this morning!!!! :D
It's so cool, and I am planning on putting it to good use while walking.
Don't know what we're doing for dinner, I don't really want to go out, so we may just order in.
I cannot believe that I am 54. #$%&*@!!! It doesn't seem fair :rofl: I guess the most important thing is that I certainly don't feel or act it (most days) so that's good, right?

How's everyone out there? I miss you all! And promise to get back here more often.
hugs,
~Jen

decemberdianne
05-23-2007, 05:39 PM
:hb: :gift: :bday2you: :bday2: JEN!!!! Hey girl, 54? You caught up to me! So glad to hear from you. I know the feeling of being so off ww, especially since I was there about 4 weeks ago, :lol3:. We all go through that phase at one point or another and we all get back on track, just not at the same time. Well, whatever you do tonight, I hope you have the bestest birthday!

Amiga - come in here before I :kickbutt:, :p . I miss you and Terri and Sandy and Ruthie and ZoeGirl!!!

Susan - those potatoes sound scrumptious! (sp?) I love potatoes, but especially red roasted potatoes. I use this mix from a packet - its called Concord roasted potatoe mix and you mix it with some oil and bake at 400 for about 40 mins. I think I'm gonna try your way too.

Okay, gotta get to starting dinner. I'm going to make marinated (in ff ital dressing) grilled chicken breast - brown rice and asparagus with a salad. OMG, I'm starving just thinking about it.

Talk to you's soon.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/fireworks01/lb/159.5/145/154/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

Princess1122
05-24-2007, 08:18 AM
Morning all!

Dianne: Your potato dish sounds amazing also! Concord... I don't think I have seen that brand but tell me what section of the grocery store to you find it in? You are doing great on plan by the way... you got back on track in no time at all and that is awesome!

Jen: A very happy belated birthday to you!!!! Your day sounds wonderful! Off from work and a pedicure too! That sounds like heaven! 54 years young! We are only as old as we feel... that what I keep telling myself :D

All: Well I went to my Pilates class last night and had a great work out... came home and we did brats on the grill... love them but they are sooooo high in points that I could only have one so I sliced up a tomato that I found at a small market and some cucumbers and had them along with the brat... I paid a fortune for the tomatoes as they were organic and a specialty item but they tasted like they came out of my garden so they were worth every penny since it is so early in the season. I got a 2 mile walk in last night and that felt great!

I have to run but will check back in later on.
Susan

dpadro
05-25-2007, 09:34 AM
Hi guys:

Susan: Thanks for the kind words. The concord packets are in the produce section, usually on a rack near the potatoes. I'm also thinking of going on line and getting some sent to me since I can't always get them. They're pretty cheap on line too - I believe the site is www.concordfoods.com - 3 packs for 3.05. They also have other mixes for potatos and carrots, etc. Congrats on the pilates class and the walking. Willie and I have been walking also since the weather's been nice, but when it gets really hot, we'll probably go to the air-conditioned gym. Our membership is only $10.00 per month each, so its really worth it.

What is everyone doing for the long weekend? We are taking 3 of our grandsons bowling tomorrow and then we have a barbecue for Sunday. Monday I think will be reserved for some cleaning :yikes: long overdue! I want to get the deck and grill cleaned up so we can start sitting out to eat. We have a huge back yard, but we always use the deck (upstairs) instead - go figure.

Well, whatever you all do, have a great weekend! Susan good luck with wi tomorrow!

Hugs,

Dianne

Rios426
05-26-2007, 09:26 AM

Jen, happy belated birthday!:bday2you: :gift: :woo: :bday2you: :bday2: I always say age is just a number. We are kids at heart. Like you I've been off program. I don't know why I can't get myself motivated.

Amiga, I need a good kick in the butt to get me back into reality. I have ALMOST given up on losing weight but when I look at my BIG face in the mirror I know I have to get back on track. The potato recipe sounds delicious :T I love potatoes. David did the AIDS Walk too. He was so sore the next day. My sister wants to do it next year.:running:

Susan, hope your WI went well. I love Pilates but I haven't been able to do it because of my back. I tried.:exercise:

It's going to be hot & humid this weekend. We aren't doing anything. If WW is open tomorrow I'm going to rejoin. I have to do something. I'm very disgusted with myself.:sumo: :rollpin: :dunno:

Hi Terri & Zoe. Hope all is well.

Luv u all :grouphug:
Es

Zoe
05-26-2007, 03:42 PM
First and foremost:

:bday2you: :balloons: Happy Birthday Jen :balloons: :bday2you:

sorry it's late.....Today is MY birthday and I too cannot BELIEVE I am 52. YIKES! Where does the time go???? :eek: :fr: :eek:

Now, after being so out-of-touch here for the last 4-6 weeks, I know I've been MIA for 4-6 weeks now, trying to get my life in order. Between numerous trips out of town, my Mom's illness and just plain exhaustion, I feel like I've been gone a year! Now that I have all my trips behind me, I can get back into the swing of things (and back OP)

First, an update on my Mom: When I went to visit my Mom over Mother's Day weekend, I didn't know what to expect. She had first been in the hospital and they thought she wouldn't leave. Then they sent her home with Hospice (which, as you know, is never a good thing) and said she had about 3 months, maybe 6. All this information came to us via her primary care physician. After her Oncologist heard all this, she was floored……she said who told her 3-6 months and where on earth did they get that information???!!! Also, her Oncologist told her to get rid of Hospice because she doesn't need them. I am so confused, as you might expect. When I got there, she looked and sounded wonderful. Sick but not like what I had been hearing in her voice a week prior. We went to The Home Depot for something and she went too. She was pooped by the time she got done but she still got out. She did fall once but she was walking on the grass and even WE almost tripped.

Prognosis: She is in Stage IV of her cancer which is the last stage. People in this stage could live 5 more years……then again, could not. Her Oncologist is going to do a PET scan the first week in June which will give a good idea as to the progress (or lack there of) of the cancer. She is so upbeat, so positive about her life that I can only hope that would be me if put in the same situation. I have come to terms with the fact that she is not going to get "better". The only thing we don't know is when it will get worse. That said, I thank all of you who emailed me with thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate it so much. I've got to move on now and live my life ~ I can't just sulk until the end of her life. I have too many people depending on me here at home so I am going to just live each day with the thought that I will talk to her tomorrow.

That said, I am SO off my WW program. I had gone back and lost 10 lbs but then, have been out of town so much that I haven't been eating very good. That plus I am a stress eater. With this being the holiday weekend AND my birthday, I figure that my OP start will be Tuesday. I really need to get on track. At 52 and with Rylea, I have to be around for a lot more years. :)

Hope y'all have a great Memorial Day weekend

Talk to you's guys soon

decemberdianne
05-26-2007, 08:45 PM
Hi guys:

Amiga, great to hear from you - I know you and you will never give up. You can do it. If you need to go back to ww, do it. But no matter what, you are not a quitter and I know you will hear that "click".

ZoeGirl - Good news about your mom - isn't it amazing though how one doctor can tell you something so different then the other. I'm glad you spent time with her and I'm sure she must have loved seeing Rylea. :gift: :hb: belated to you too! I didn't realize you and Jen were so close in birthdays.

Its good to see everybody back. No matter what our weight struggle is, its not all about that in here - we are buddies!!!

I changed my wi to Saturdays to give myself a little "wiggle" room, lol. Mondays is tough because you're just coming off a weekend and you don't leave yourself any room to "cheat" a little. That being said, I'm down 1 more lb for a total of 6.5 lbs. in a little over a month (5/23 was a month since I re-started). I'm happy with that. I don't care if its slow, I know my body and that's the way it is - 1 lb at a time, sometimes less. Lisa and I are on a 10 lbs challenge by June 30th, but whatever it is, I'll take it.

I took 5 grandchildren bowling today :yikes: We had a lot of fun. I'd like to join a league again.

Susan - hope your wi went well today.

I hope everyone enjoys the weekend - the weather is beautiful.

Jen - got your pool set up yet?

Talk to you's soon.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/fireworks01/lb/159.5/145/153/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

Jenny523
05-28-2007, 06:43 PM
See you on #185!!! :wave: