Old 05-16-2007, 12:50 PM   #106  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hi everyone:

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day and relaxed. I got back from Florida Monday night (back to reality, lol). Had a great time with Steven and packed alot into the 4 days. We went bowling, to the movies (Spiderman 3), beach, dinner at friends. It was cool having breakfast at a litte outdoor restaurant at the beach and then going in the water - I just love the water in Florida.

ZoeGirl - How was your trip to Florida - how is your Mom doing?

I lost 1 lb. which I'm extremely grateful for considering I was on a mini vacation. So I'm down 5 lbs in 3 weeks (that's about normal for me, lol).

I hope you all are doing well - kind of quiet in here.

Talk to you's soon,

Hugs,
Dianne

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-...145/154.5/.png
dpadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:31 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

I'm still here... just working and hoping for a good W/I on Saturday...

Hope all is well with everyone!
Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 10:28 AM   #108  

Good morning everyone - everyone? where are you? You guys are hiding on me and Susan. Come out, come out where ever you are!

Susan - hope your weigh in goes well. Good luck.

My wi is monday, but I snuck a peek this morning and I was down .5, so that may be it, but I'll take it.

Tomorrow is the AIDSWALK - looking forward to it. The weather is supposed to be nice and I'll certainly get in some exercise. I'm feeling good about how things are going - it seems like the first 3 weeks flew and I'm down 5.5 so far. I'm already starting to feel a difference in the waistline of my pants, more room and my face which is the first to lose weight looks different. I'm just hoping to keep the motivation I feel now.

How is everyone doing?

Gonna take Jessa & Alissa to see Shrek 3 today. Have a great weekend everyone.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-...145/154.0/.png

Last edited by decemberdianne; 05-19-2007 at 10:30 AM. Reason: put in weight tracker
decemberdianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:54 AM   #109  

W/I went ok... down 1.6 so I will take it... I have started walking and riding my bike again which will help also... I did have a high points weekend but am hoping that I will still do well at my next W/I.

Dianne: How was the movie and the walk? Both sound like fun!

Have a great day all!
Princess
Old 05-21-2007, 02:24 PM   #110  

Hi guys:

Susan - on your loss, that's awesome. And great job walking and bike riding - that should be fun as well as great exercise. The movie was fun, we all enjoyed it. The Aidswalk was great, the weather was so beautiful. Today I'm home, I knew from the last walk that I should always take the next day off, because I'm a bit sore, lol.

I didn't weigh in today because yesterday after the walk we went to the seaport and I had shrimp and pasta, so I thought I'd give myself an extra day to let that digest, lol. I'll weigh in tomorrow.

Hope everyone is well. Come in and say hi.

Talk to you's soon.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-...9/145/154/.png
Old 05-22-2007, 09:45 AM   #111  

Dianne: Thanks for the cheers! Hope your W/I goes well today!

I did go for a short walk last night... it may take me a bit to get back up to the distance that I used to walk... but it is doable! We used the big balance ball in Pilates last night and that was a different work out...

Does anyone have a good way to prepare Mahi Mahi or other fish on the grill? Mine always seems to get dried out...

Hope all is well with everyone!
Susan
Old 05-22-2007, 10:23 AM   #112  

Good morning:

Susan - good job on the walking and you definitely will get back to the distance you're used to walking. The more you walk the more you can walk, lol. Willie and I went for our 2 mile walk last night. We try to do it every night.

Tonight we're going to Alana & Sal's for dinner. I haven't seen her since I got back from Florida I miss her in more ways than one Anyway, that should be fun. My wi this morning was as I thought - lost the .5 I peeked in on Friday, lol. That's cool, I'll take it.

Sorry I can't help with the mahi mahi on the grill. I usually make fish in the oven wrapped loosely in alum. foil with a pat of butter and maybe a little adobo. It usually comes out soft. My son Justin made salmon in the broiler once with lemon juice and it was fantastic.

Hi to everyone, miss you guys!

Talk to you's soon.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-...5/145/154/.png

Last edited by dpadro; 05-22-2007 at 10:25 AM. Reason: add in weight tracker
Old 05-23-2007, 08:12 AM   #113  

Morning all! Well it sure is quiet around here... Hope all is well with everyone.

By the way... I did an oven fry thing the other day that came out kind of good and thought I would pass it along... I took some large baking potatoes and cut them into about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices and then used some shake and bake (ranch and herb I think) dipped them in that and them put them on a baking sheet that I had sprayed with an olive oil spray and baked them at 425 for a while... we like ours kind of crispy so I let them go until they were to our liking but if you like them softer you can adjust accordingly... we had them with some grilled burgers and a salad... they were pretty good and the shake and bake didn't add too many points... I think I guess-timated that they added about 1 extra point to each serving of potatoes... It was different then just a baked potato or rice so it went over pretty well with the family...

Went for another mini walk last night... I asked my DH to go with me but he declined... he said he would start walking with me next week maybe and I am really looking forward to it as it makes the time go so much faster and you can walk further when you have a partner... at least it works that way for me... it gave us some time together with no ringing phones, etc and was just nice quality time...
Old 05-23-2007, 05:04 PM   #114  
Queen of the Fresh Start

HI
Diane and Susan, you've done a great job of keeping this going when we all disappeared! I have been so far off WW it's not funny. I'm glad to hear you're both keeping at it, and hope some of your willpower will rub off on me!

Today is my birthday...took the day off, had a pedicure...and am now playing on the computer downloading songs onto my new iPod that Joe gave me this morning!!!!
It's so cool, and I am planning on putting it to good use while walking.
Don't know what we're doing for dinner, I don't really want to go out, so we may just order in.
I cannot believe that I am 54. #$%&*@!!! It doesn't seem fair I guess the most important thing is that I certainly don't feel or act it (most days) so that's good, right?

How's everyone out there? I miss you all! And promise to get back here more often.
hugs,
~Jen
Jenny523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:39 PM   #115  

JEN!!!! Hey girl, 54? You caught up to me! So glad to hear from you. I know the feeling of being so off ww, especially since I was there about 4 weeks ago, . We all go through that phase at one point or another and we all get back on track, just not at the same time. Well, whatever you do tonight, I hope you have the bestest birthday!

Amiga - come in here before I , . I miss you and Terri and Sandy and Ruthie and ZoeGirl!!!

Susan - those potatoes sound scrumptious! (sp?) I love potatoes, but especially red roasted potatoes. I use this mix from a packet - its called Concord roasted potatoe mix and you mix it with some oil and bake at 400 for about 40 mins. I think I'm gonna try your way too.

Okay, gotta get to starting dinner. I'm going to make marinated (in ff ital dressing) grilled chicken breast - brown rice and asparagus with a salad. OMG, I'm starving just thinking about it.

Talk to you's soon.

Last edited by decemberdianne; 05-23-2007 at 05:43 PM. Reason: to add tracker
Old 05-24-2007, 08:18 AM   #116  

Morning all!

Dianne: Your potato dish sounds amazing also! Concord... I don't think I have seen that brand but tell me what section of the grocery store to you find it in? You are doing great on plan by the way... you got back on track in no time at all and that is awesome!

Jen: A very happy belated birthday to you!!!! Your day sounds wonderful! Off from work and a pedicure too! That sounds like heaven! 54 years young! We are only as old as we feel... that what I keep telling myself

All: Well I went to my Pilates class last night and had a great work out... came home and we did brats on the grill... love them but they are sooooo high in points that I could only have one so I sliced up a tomato that I found at a small market and some cucumbers and had them along with the brat... I paid a fortune for the tomatoes as they were organic and a specialty item but they tasted like they came out of my garden so they were worth every penny since it is so early in the season. I got a 2 mile walk in last night and that felt great!

I have to run but will check back in later on.
Susan
Old 05-25-2007, 09:34 AM   #117  

Hi guys:

Susan: Thanks for the kind words. The concord packets are in the produce section, usually on a rack near the potatoes. I'm also thinking of going on line and getting some sent to me since I can't always get them. They're pretty cheap on line too - I believe the site is www.concordfoods.com - 3 packs for 3.05. They also have other mixes for potatos and carrots, etc. Congrats on the pilates class and the walking. Willie and I have been walking also since the weather's been nice, but when it gets really hot, we'll probably go to the air-conditioned gym. Our membership is only $10.00 per month each, so its really worth it.

What is everyone doing for the long weekend? We are taking 3 of our grandsons bowling tomorrow and then we have a barbecue for Sunday. Monday I think will be reserved for some cleaning long overdue! I want to get the deck and grill cleaned up so we can start sitting out to eat. We have a huge back yard, but we always use the deck (upstairs) instead - go figure.

Well, whatever you all do, have a great weekend! Susan good luck with wi tomorrow!

Hugs,

Dianne

Last edited by dpadro; 05-25-2007 at 09:39 AM.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:26 AM   #118  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

Hi Girls

Jen, happy belated birthday! I always say age is just a number. We are kids at heart. Like you I've been off program. I don't know why I can't get myself motivated.

Amiga, I need a good kick in the butt to get me back into reality. I have ALMOST given up on losing weight but when I look at my BIG face in the mirror I know I have to get back on track. The potato recipe sounds delicious I love potatoes. David did the AIDS Walk too. He was so sore the next day. My sister wants to do it next year.

Susan, hope your WI went well. I love Pilates but I haven't been able to do it because of my back. I tried.

It's going to be hot & humid this weekend. We aren't doing anything. If WW is open tomorrow I'm going to rejoin. I have to do something. I'm very disgusted with myself.

Hi Terri & Zoe. Hope all is well.

Luv u all
Es
Attached Images
File Type: gif 76243.gif (19.1 KB, 7 views)
Rios426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 03:42 PM   #119  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

First and foremost:

Happy Birthday Jen

sorry it's late.....Today is MY birthday and I too cannot BELIEVE I am 52. YIKES! Where does the time go????

Now, after being so out-of-touch here for the last 4-6 weeks, I know I've been MIA for 4-6 weeks now, trying to get my life in order. Between numerous trips out of town, my Mom's illness and just plain exhaustion, I feel like I've been gone a year! Now that I have all my trips behind me, I can get back into the swing of things (and back OP)

First, an update on my Mom: When I went to visit my Mom over Mother's Day weekend, I didn't know what to expect. She had first been in the hospital and they thought she wouldn't leave. Then they sent her home with Hospice (which, as you know, is never a good thing) and said she had about 3 months, maybe 6. All this information came to us via her primary care physician. After her Oncologist heard all this, she was floored……she said who told her 3-6 months and where on earth did they get that information???!!! Also, her Oncologist told her to get rid of Hospice because she doesn't need them. I am so confused, as you might expect. When I got there, she looked and sounded wonderful. Sick but not like what I had been hearing in her voice a week prior. We went to The Home Depot for something and she went too. She was pooped by the time she got done but she still got out. She did fall once but she was walking on the grass and even WE almost tripped.

Prognosis: She is in Stage IV of her cancer which is the last stage. People in this stage could live 5 more years……then again, could not. Her Oncologist is going to do a PET scan the first week in June which will give a good idea as to the progress (or lack there of) of the cancer. She is so upbeat, so positive about her life that I can only hope that would be me if put in the same situation. I have come to terms with the fact that she is not going to get "better". The only thing we don't know is when it will get worse. That said, I thank all of you who emailed me with thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate it so much. I've got to move on now and live my life ~ I can't just sulk until the end of her life. I have too many people depending on me here at home so I am going to just live each day with the thought that I will talk to her tomorrow.

That said, I am SO off my WW program. I had gone back and lost 10 lbs but then, have been out of town so much that I haven't been eating very good. That plus I am a stress eater. With this being the holiday weekend AND my birthday, I figure that my OP start will be Tuesday. I really need to get on track. At 52 and with Rylea, I have to be around for a lot more years.

Hope y'all have a great Memorial Day weekend

Talk to you's guys soon
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 08:45 PM   #120  

Hi guys:

Amiga, great to hear from you - I know you and you will never give up. You can do it. If you need to go back to ww, do it. But no matter what, you are not a quitter and I know you will hear that "click".

ZoeGirl - Good news about your mom - isn't it amazing though how one doctor can tell you something so different then the other. I'm glad you spent time with her and I'm sure she must have loved seeing Rylea. belated to you too! I didn't realize you and Jen were so close in birthdays.

Its good to see everybody back. No matter what our weight struggle is, its not all about that in here - we are buddies!!!

I changed my wi to Saturdays to give myself a little "wiggle" room, lol. Mondays is tough because you're just coming off a weekend and you don't leave yourself any room to "cheat" a little. That being said, I'm down 1 more lb for a total of 6.5 lbs. in a little over a month (5/23 was a month since I re-started). I'm happy with that. I don't care if its slow, I know my body and that's the way it is - 1 lb at a time, sometimes less. Lisa and I are on a 10 lbs challenge by June 30th, but whatever it is, I'll take it.

I took 5 grandchildren bowling today We had a lot of fun. I'd like to join a league again.

Susan - hope your wi went well today.

I hope everyone enjoys the weekend - the weather is beautiful.

Jen - got your pool set up yet?

Talk to you's soon.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-...5/145/153/.png

Last edited by decemberdianne; 05-26-2007 at 09:17 PM.