Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 04:34 PM   #1  

Default LAWL Losers & Friends - May '05

See you all here on Sunday/Monday!

Fiona
Old 04-29-2005, 04:45 PM   #2  

Default I'm Early......

Fiona - I'm trying to keep up with you

I won't be here on the first, so I'm posting this now. I'm really excited Becuz now in the "LAWL Losers & Friends - May" thread - I've changed from a 'Friend' to a 'Loser'
I'm doing to the Loser

See you in May........
Old 04-29-2005, 05:52 PM   #3  

Thanks Fiona!

I won't be here until later Sunday myself. Think I'll get my goals on paper though!

May goals:
Lose 8 pounds
Treadmill with incline 4 x's/week
Walk hounds 4 x's/week
Stay OP
64+oz.water daily
Check in to center 2x's/week
Garden, garden garden!
Old 04-29-2005, 07:28 PM   #4  

Thumbs up

My May goals (I'll be around plenty this weekend, but want to put it down while I'm thinking of it):

1. Lose 8 pounds

2. Gym 2x/week and ride 2x/week

3. COD 2x/week

4. Food diary daily

5. NO CHEATING!

Fiona
Old 05-01-2005, 09:21 AM   #5  

Bumping - Happy May Day!!!

Hey, check out the updated ticker - another pound down since Friday!

Fiona
Old 05-01-2005, 12:02 PM   #6  

Default hi all

HI ya all, I joined your group yesterday and am glad I found a lively LAWL group. I posted in the bio section, but to sum it up, I'm 26 from ma, I'm on purple and I've lost 19.8lbs since the last week in JAN. 2005.
Have a great week all,
Monique
Old 05-01-2005, 04:33 PM   #7  

Hi Monique! If you've been reading at all, you'll see we're much busier during the week. Welcome!

Fiona
Old 05-01-2005, 10:14 PM   #8  

Soooooo....we're buying a house!!!

3 BIG bedrooms, 2 baths (one half completed, we are getting a seller concession for the cash to finish it), HUMONGOUS family room, nice-sized kitchen & living room, beautiful cherry-finished woodwork throughout. It was at first sight. The only thing we didn't love was the wallpaper in the upstairs rooms (very country/rustic themed, not at all to our taste) so we are debating whether to do the smart thing and live with it for a while (and put my commission $$$ in the bank) or do the fun thing and use my commission to do some redecorating. Decisions, decisions!

Actually DH is a little at the thought of actual mortgage payments, but I have him mostly convinced that it will all work out.

See you all tomorrow!!!

Fiona
Old 05-02-2005, 12:37 AM   #9  

Way to go Marisa!

Fiona - how exciting! You'll love doing the decorating things. I've been in my house for 6 years now and finally making time to get some more major things done. Tell your DH that the interest on the mortgage is tax-deductable! Maybe that will help ease his panic! Congratulations again!

Hello and welcome Monique!
Old 05-02-2005, 05:00 AM   #10  

Good morning everyone!

Well, have to report that I never made it to the COD on Friday, had big plans to go on Sat morning - but too many errands to run. Did pretty good about food choices all weekend but not on the liquid stuff. Went to a benefit dance and had too many glasses of wine. Paid for it yesterday by snoozing most of the day.

Welcome Monique! I have to checkout the BIOs page.

Congrats to all the losers. Fashin, great job. Fiona, another one down! Discobear/Monique - great job too!

Have a great week everyone.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:15 AM   #11  

Default I'm Back!!!

Hi Everyone!

I'M BACK AND MARRIED! I was actually back a couple of weeks ago, but things have been so crazy! I uploaded a picture so you all can take a peek and see my wedding! It was beautiful and warm (70s) and Las Vegas was a blast! Can you believe I did not see one Elvis!!! My DH did, but I missed them all...I didn't think that was possible, but here I am - living proof that you can go to Vegas and miss Elvis.

I have been avoiding this place because I have been so Off Plan and I really need a kick in the butt! I have lost all my ambition to eat healthy and I need to find a little motivation. I need to set a goal! I'm up about 7 lbs. and the scale is definitely moving in the wrong direction. I will try to get back on track today and we'll see how that goes...

How is everyone? Anything I missed?

Fiona - Congrats on buying a new home! I am putting my house on the market in about a week and I am stressed. I can't wait to move and be done with it. Are you still doing real estate? Did you ever buy that horse? Fill me in when you have time!

Skinny Vibes To All

Gotta Run! Missed you all!

Diane
Old 05-02-2005, 07:53 AM   #12  
217/177.8/150ish

Hi,
Im about 4 weeks into LAWL. Ive been lurking on here reading your posts for about that long as well.. I have a question if you don't mind. Have any of you lost weight in your first week and then nothing after that??? I lost 5lbs the first week and thats where I still sit.. I went up 3 then down 2.6 the up then down but Im still at that same 5. The girls at the center can't figure out why, all they say is to keep changing up. :/ and to drink lemon water.. So if you did get stuck did you do anything to get past it or just ride it out??

Thanks
Beth
Old 05-02-2005, 09:13 AM   #13  

Hi Beth

I have been with LAWL about a month also. I know when I was sort of stagnant and not really losing, one of the counselors really emphasized the eating of all the food for the day and NOT eating anything else, even something small. I took her advice to heart and sure enough I started to lose again. She also mentioned that proteins such as beef and cottage cheese would not be as easy to break down and would not result in weight loss as quickly, so to limit them to a couple of times per week.

Now I have to take the advice I just gave to heart! Good luck!
Old 05-02-2005, 09:48 AM   #14  

Diane!!!! Welcome back!!!!! I hope you had a BLAST!!! Yes, I'm still doing real estate - just figures that my first real transaction would be for MY OWN HOME! I'm discovering it's 10 times more stressful, lol! Yes, bought a horse, too. Her name's Mira, and we found her in Wisconsin, actually - near Waupaca. She's a dream, and she's IN FOAL to boot!! :baby: Baby's due at the end of June (OMG, same week as I close on my house ) I must be insane!

Oh, and if all THAT weren't enough, my daycare lady told me today that she is closing at the end of the month!!! DH and I were just discussing last night if we were going to let Brianna finish the summer there and then find a PT sitter for when she's not in K-garten, or find something closer to the new house as soon as we move - guess that decision's made!

On a NOT stressful note, I was down another 1.6 this morning. I've always heard that people lose weight when they're stressed... DH is hanging in there on plan with me, and has lost just over 2 pounds in the 4 days or so he's been OP.

Okay, I've got TOO MUCH STUFF TO DO today to spend it hanging around with you guys - LOL!!! I'm sure I'll catch you later when I need a brain break.

Fiona
Old 05-02-2005, 10:24 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 4"

Hey Everyone!

Welcome Newbies!

WB Diane, beautiful picture!
Closed Thread