Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 03:12 PM   #31  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I sat down a few minutes ago and installed myfitnesspal on my laptop. Geeeeeeeeeez, what a pain in the butt. I tried to put in frozen blueberries and they only have one cup, 1 package or 100grams. I needed to put in one ounce only because I had them cooked into my oatmeal. I had to figure out how to do that. Then I wanted to put in radishes, 1 3/8 oz. Same problem, no ounces on there. I had to figure out that , 30 grams per 1 ounce. Forget it...On Fitday it has a drop down list of every kind of measurement. How do you delete this program on my laptop? Anyone know?
Old 01-03-2014, 04:03 PM   #32  

Height: 5'3"

installed? I just use the website at myfitnesspal.com and the data base is very large. If only one cup is listed however one ounce would be 1/8 cup so you should be able to enter it as .125 of one cup. I wasn't even aware there was an independent program.

To delete a program go to your control panel and search for the program name, then delete. If it is not there you can search directly in your drive to find it and then delete ...in that case be sure to delete all the files related to it.

Last edited by maryea; 01-03-2014 at 04:22 PM. Reason: to add more
Old 01-03-2014, 06:54 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Okay....I'll admit It. I cooked the meal myself that darn near killed me. I was on a wonderful roll Wednesday. I got up early and baked a raisin pie for my bridge partner just like his mother used to make. Played bridge and came home and made dinner of fresh pickled red cabbage, roasted fresh boneless pork butt, salad for me and rutbago for DH. 2 hours later I wanted to die. DH has minor symptoms, too. It was not old meat or something left out on the counter. About 2 lbs left and in the garbage!

Thanks Rosey, I ordered small amts of the Click stuff and shaker for DD. Too funny, she called last night. It came UPS from Amazon and she had been looking at it online and her husband thought she had ordered it without remembering.

Okay...how come you sent some at that cold weather down here? Supposed to be 25 tonight. House looks cheerful with all the flowering plants inside.

Okay....I'll be back tomorrow to do personals....k3
Old 01-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Bobbi, it does have the drop down list. Right after you select the food you want. just to the right it has choices for how many servings, what measurement and for what meal. It really is pretty easy. And I just went to myfitnesspal.com and signed up there. You might want to try that.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:29 PM   #35  

Went to my surgeon's appt and thought I'd share what he said. First he was very nice and took a lot of time with me. He wanted to hear everything that has happen from the very beginning in order. Never had a doctor want that. Also he asked me a lot of questions about my other surgeries. At this point he doesn't think I need surgery. He suspects that what I am dealing with now is not even diverticulitis but just diverticulosis and that I now NEED the fiber and because I am not getting enough my colon is spasming. For those who do not know, with diverticulosis you need a high fiber diet but with diverticulitis you need a low fiber or low residual diet which is what I have continued to eat because my regular doctor felt the pain I was experiencing is diverticulitis. But I have to wait and get another CAT Scan on Monday. If that proves the surgeon correct then I go back to high fiber, gradually increasing it. Yea!! I hope he is right as I'm hungry for so many high fiber foods!! Also I have a feeling I am going to have to have a colonoscopy too as it's been eight years since my last one.

Last edited by maryea; 01-03-2014 at 08:30 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:32 PM   #36  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola, Lovelies!

Bobbi - I still like SparkPeople, but I don't do anything with it except keep track of my food. I don't do any blogging or threading or blah blah blah-ing. I just can't be bothered with all that folderol! I discovered today that I have an account with MyFitnessPal, but I guess I've never used it, since I had to have the password sent to me! I think SP is easier to use than Fitday... personal preference and whatever one is used to, yes?

KarenFL - so sorry you got food poisoning! Did you just have the dry heaves? Usually you get projectile loveliness from both ends, if you really have food poisoning. It's charming. I think your plan to sit around in your jams and to watch English intellectual programs if a fine, fine idea! Did I tell you I'm reading books by a "Miss Read"... very nostalgic, very sweet, very English, very 1930's. I borrow them from the library and put them on the Kindle and read myself to sleep sweetly. Way cool! And I'll post my address on PM so you can share your DVD. I'll return it in good shape, no fears!

Glad it's Friday! I have a social weekend coming up, and we're supposed (key word) to have weather! I'll believe it when I see it, though! It was in the 50s today, and maybe 30 tomorrow? We'll see!

Hope you're all well... Mary - glad your doc was responsive to you. That makes such a difference, doesn't it?

Later, lovelies!
Old 01-03-2014, 10:20 PM   #37  

Oh bobbi are you talking about installing the phone app? That's the only thing I have ever installed with MFP. Forgot about that when read your post.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:47 AM   #38  
Bobbi

Good Morning, I'm off early to get errands done because of the bitter cold due to arrive Sunday and Monday. The governor closed all schools in the state for Monday, suppose to be 40+ below zero
K3...suck it up, 25 degrees and you're cold? Wanna come visit me this weekend? Hope you're feeling better.

KarenMo...yes, I saw the drop down in the blueberries, 3 choices: whole bag, 100g or 1 cup. I use grams mostly for weighting most of my foods, I don't want to get out the calculator every time I post food. I'm glad it works for you, just like Donna said about sparkpeoples food list program. It works for her. I have the paid for program in Fitday, purchased it back when it was only $14.99. When my computer crashed, I asked them for a free download to put the paid version back in and they happily gave me the download.

Mary...I didn't use the right words when I posted about myfitnesspal, I signed up for it on my laptop, didn't actually install (download) it. I don't know how to delete programs on the laptop. I don't have a all programs on it. The reason I wanted to delete it is because I didn't want to take up space or don't I need to worry about that?

I'm off the the grocery store, stay warm everyone.
Where's Cajun?
Old 01-04-2014, 08:54 AM   #39  
Bobbi

Yipee...I had a good day, made my 1,000 quota for Friday

Quote:
Friday's menu

calories 1.013 gram fiber 43

Breakfast: Oatmeal w/blueberies, cinnamon

Lunch: Raw radishes , carrots, celery with peanut dip

Supper: Roast beef, onions, carrots, beets, spud

Evening snack: Sugar Free Almond pudding w/cherry sauce /cool whip

Not even close to 1,000 so I had dry Fiber One cereal mixed with High
fiber cereal and sunflower seeds.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:04 PM   #40  

Bobbi-- all you did was go to the website so there isn't anything to delete. I also have the paid version of Fitday but I like myfitnesspal much better. I still have it on my PC though. But like you say what works for one doesn't necessarily work for all.

Need to get some stuff done and have to go and wash the EGG off the truck that some nasty punks thought would be fun to throw on it!! Not even sure when it happened since we hadn't even been anywhere since New Year's Eve until yesterday. So at least it hasn't been "baking" on there. Too dang cold!! But supposed to be half way warm between 10 and 2 today before the arctic air hits us!!
Old 01-04-2014, 12:28 PM   #41  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola from the land of snowflakes and chill... I guess it's downright warm here, though, compared to MN!

Bobbi - even if you had actually downloaded that program, you have TONS of memory on that new laptop, and one program isn't going to make any difference at all. It's easy to uninstall programs, but I have to urge great caution. Several years ago, I decided to uninstall all sorts of stuff that I, in my total lack of wisdom, deemed unnecessary. The monetary and emotion price I paid was very high! My ITGod said, and I quote, "keep your damn fingers off the delete buttons!"...

Cancelled lunch with my SIL today. We're both snuggled into our warm houses and don't want to bother with the idiot Californioids or Texoids in their big ol' SUVs that they don't know how to drive in the snow. They're bad enough when the roads are dry! Geez, and now they're probably all stinkin' high from the marijuana that we now sell to anyone who wants it!

Anyway, off to enjoy my day! Hope you all enjoy yours, too! Stay warm/cool/whatever works. Later, lovelies!

Last edited by jess1; 01-04-2014 at 12:28 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:30 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 200/200/135

Height: 5'2"

Hello all you January Golden Girls, may I join your group? My name is Robin, I'm 58 and I live in Arkansas. I've been looking at different weight loss forums and this looked pretty fun plus everyone seems to really help others stay positive.

I'm ready to start this losing weight, sitting here drinking water with lemon, which is soooo unlike me. I'd much prefer a Coke but have decided to start by cutting out snacks, no more sodas, walking an hour a day, and for the biggy.....no more ice cream before bed! Maybe I can fit into that yellow polka dot bikini by 2050! Haha. Not! Robin

Last edited by RobinVM; 01-04-2014 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:46 PM   #43  

Hello Robin! And Welcome to our little thread... Pull up a chair and just jump in. We love to get to know more about you.

So far it is just cold here.. but going to get a lot colder tonight according to the weather... Brrr.... I bought stuff to cut up and make a good beef stew and plan on doing that and putting it in the crock pot! I will do that this evening and then let it cook all night on low.... love my crockpot!
Old 01-04-2014, 03:41 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Howdy....I checked the scale and had a whoosh! 2lbs....blah. Just finished a big pot of vegies and DH has already tucked into it. An easy way to get 5 servings of vegs.

Bobbi...I grew up in the mountains up North. My complaining isn't the cold weather it's you are shipping in weird swooshes. Like WF say Mon hi 63 l 29. Tues hi 44 l 31. Wed hi 69 l 55. It's about 75 now. But damp. We turned on the heat this am for the first time. DH decided to lite the fire place and next thing you know we'll have to open the doors. Oh and thanks now I want oatmeal.(can't on SBD)

Bobbi....I'd explode with that much fiber! Good job.

Donna... I am finishing up the series on kindle "Lord and Lady Hetheridge." It is really good and I like the characters and don't want to finish book 3. Don't know when book 4 will be out. Looked at Miss Read and downloaded 1st book. I loved Jan Karon's Mitford series which was fashioned after Miss Read. I well understand your grumble about out of staters. Gesh do I!

Cajun's hiding from Donna after her New Year's Eve partying!

Karen...why are some people such jerks? egging? why? pox on them!

Welcome Robin...I have a yellow polka dot mumu somewhere....want it? Everyone here has their own diet plan, but we've all tried everything and done everything so any problems one of us has an answer or at least an opinion. We often threaten each other with a rolling pin and have been know to send out a search party headed by Sgt of Arms Jesse! So just like any old coffee club pull up a chair, grab a mugga and chat away. May have to put a seat belt on the chair.........

Marie...When do you finally find out it is itis or lutis?.....boy did the screw spell check wee mind! I'll have a raw carrot later for you.

Rosey..... Where are thou?

My treat last night to get the calories nearer 1000 was baby carrots and Greek olives. It tasted so good am waiting for evening. yum

Lynn...Are you here or up there?

k3
Old 01-04-2014, 06:02 PM   #45  

Just home taking a break from sitting with dh in hospital. About 1:30 this am he woke me up saying he had terrible pain and then we realized he was hemmoraging big time! We thought it might be related to the colonoscopy but it didn't seem likely since he's been functioning ok since he had it. He was hot and clammy and weak. Our son took us to the hospital, his labs were ok, but his orthostatic BPs dropped quite a bit so they have been monitoring him and hydrating him. The doctor said he can't be sure but suspects it is the diverticula that suddenly started bleeding...said fairly common to see in ER. I think he's on his last IV bag now though and was upgraded from his clear liquid late breakfast to a soft diabetic lunch. I left after his lunch and am hoping he is resting. I was so tired early this am but have perked up now, but am going to try and get more sleep soon. Funny thing is they put him in isolation to rule out C Diff....we weren't told this or if they told him while I was gone, he didn't catch it. He still has a hard time hearing/understanding the yournger people and these days they ALL seem young to us! Anyway when I came back, he's lying there wondering why everyone is wearing the extra gowns over their regular uniforms!

Karen3 - Usually if it is diverticulosis there is no pain and many people don't even know they have them. 50% over 50 have them and it rises to about 85% by age 80. However, apparently they can still bleed at that point. diverticulitis is when they become inflamed and/or infected (like mine were). That of course is more dangerous.

Bobbi - you delete programs on your laptop the same as desk top, however sounds like you didn't actually download it anyway so you are fine. To me MFP is the best of it's kind I've found and I've tried most of them, but like the others say everyones needs and expectations are different.

Robin - Of course you can join us! Glad to have you!

Jess - In my early days in computing (started 1994) I did the same thing...deleting without realizing what I was doing, so I have learned the hard way too! Kind of the story of my life come to think of it! Ever spill liquid into your keyboard?...I did. And of course, in my vast wisdom I wiped it off and then tried to type. Don't do that! Fortunately I had a service agreement on it and although because it was my fault they weren't supposed to send me a new keyboard they did then told me next time, quickly turn over the keyboard so it can dry out as they wouldn't pay for another one. Do not type, just let it dry for several hours or overnight preferably. See what I mean about how I learn.. Hope you have a fun weekend!

Hi to everyone else. I'm going to try to get that nap now.

Last edited by maryea; 01-04-2014 at 06:09 PM.
Closed Thread