Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 01:36 PM   #46  

Hello Fellow Over 50s! Anybody have success losing BACK fat??? Seems all my weight is now congregating beneath my bra straps! Aargh.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:14 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

YearOfLivingThingly Glad to have you here. No, I don't think I've lost any Back fat. I don't know if there are any exercise for that or not. Would be interesting to find out. I just may google to see if there is. Look forward to getting to know you.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:35 AM   #48  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

YearofLivingThinly - welcome to our group! Glad to have you here. Generally, as a person keeps losing weight, the fat on their back will be reduced, too. Tell us more about yourself.

Trish - so what is the 1 minute muffin? Do you have the recipe, or is it a store-bought item? Inquiring minds want to know, lol. So does your stylist use a cap and pull the hair through like she's frosting it? That's the way my stylist does it, but I am very tender headed, so I like the foil method. They won't do anything about my cataracts yet, because they are only at stage 1. By the time they get big enough to come off, I won't be able to read a darn thing, I guess.

Trish - I so happy for you finally being able to see more results with your weight loss. You've done such a great job! Neal comes in the house with muddy shoes and boots on, too, sometimes. Thank goodness for all the oxy cleaners they have available now, lol. Among him, the grandkids, and the dogs, I've always got a challenge, lol.

My sister is on her way out to my house right now, and here I sit on the computer when I should be getting dressed and spiffying up the loo. Later, I need to get some shopping done. It's so sunny out, it just makes a person want to get outdoors, even it is cold.

Tomorrow is my weigh in. I'd say wish me luck, but really, luck has nothing to do with it, does it? lol I've been OP all week, so I'm hoping for a nice loss.

Toodles for now!
Old 02-19-2010, 11:47 AM   #49  

Jane I had to go look up the original recipe I got here on 3FC. Here it is. Was good because I also found a recipe using Flaxseed like oatmeal. So I got another way to use my Flaxseed for a quick breakfast especially since I do miss my oatmeal on low carb. Here is the muffin recipe below. One note is that it rises while cooking, but don't worry as it doesn't spill over or at least mine never has. I do mine in a serving bowl because I usually add yogurt to mine. I haven't tried it but I think it could even be sliced and used like pancakes served with sf syrup. You and your sister have fun.

The 1 Minute Muffin
In a tea cup or other microwaveable one cup item:

Melt 1-2 tbsp of butter

Mix in
1 egg
Sweatner to taste ( I like using 1 TBSP of SF Davinci Syrup or liquid splenda)
Mix in 1/4 cup of flaxseed meal (and/or mix with almond meal, protein powder)
1/4 tsp of baking powder
Microwave on high for 1 minute*

Turn out and let cool
The muffin may look kind of wet at first, but it dries quickly as it cools.
Eat warm with butter or wrap cooled muffin in plastic to eat later.

*cooking time may vary depending on your microwave, avoid overcooking
Old 02-19-2010, 11:53 AM   #50  

Jane My stylist uses the cap and pulls it through.

So amazing, I just made a copy of 4D picture taken of Tony's and my grandson who will be born in April or May. I am so amazed at what they can do now with ultrasound. Jane you probably can see him on FB. He is going to have his Mama's cute turned up nose.

Not much happening here today. Catch you later.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:46 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 178/164/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello ladies,
Been a good week for me. I've been op all week and got in 3 days of exercise. That's good for me.

I finally made it to the 150's today! Lets see how long it stays there!! The scale plays jokes on me. Never thought I'd make it this far, but I'm really trying. I keep plugging along.

Jane-- So glad to hear your eye problem isn't serious. Can it be corrected?

Been a paintin' fool trying to get a few things finished this week. Feels good to see the end of the tunnel.

Looks like we're having a bit of rain this evening. To bad I'm going to miss it. Suppose to stop tomorrow.

Everyone have a great weekend!!
Carol
Old 02-20-2010, 09:00 AM   #52  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies,

Trish - thanks for the muffin recipe. I think that's too much butter for me, but can substitute Promise. I'll check out your grandson's ultrasound photo on FB. It truly is amazing what technology has made possible now!

Carol - yay for you, making it into the 150's. What an accomplishment!! No, there isn't anything to be done with my eyes regarding the asteroid hyalosis, but it doesn't affect my vision, so that's ok. The cataracts will have to get bigger before they will take them off.

I stayed OP all last week, exercised more than usual, and only lost .6 of a pound. But I'm not discouraged at all, because I know these things happen, and will probably have a real nice loss next week. The way I see is, I'm .6 less than I was before, right?

We've got temps near 50 for the next couple of days, and I am going to wash my car this afternoon. I'm also going to do some housework, and get some food prep done for a family dinner tomorrow. In other words, very boring, lol.

Have a good Saturday!
Old 02-20-2010, 12:31 PM   #53  

Hello Everyone,

Carol & Jane Yea on the weight loss. I am up today, but pretty well no why... salt. Hopefully it will be better next week.

Y'all are busy ladies. Enjoy your weekend.

We have beautiful weather the next few days near the 60s. Will feel like a heat wave. LOL Will be nice for a change though short lived as it is supposed to get back into the 30s by Thursday.

Catch you later.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:45 AM   #54  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Trish - the temps got in the 50s yesterday, and wow, the promise of Spring makes a person feel so energetic. Salt retention sure can plan havoc with weigh in! I try to not eat anything with much sodium on Fridays, but sometimes it just can't be helped.

Hello to anyone reading this.

Today we're meeting Mary and her family at church, then all coming back here for dinner. We're having meatloaf, (per Madison's request) so I will have to watch my portion control with that. Lots of veggies. Dessert is a fruit plate, instead of the usual cake or pie. The family is being very understanding and encouraging with the lighter dinners. Anyway, I'm so glad they will be here! I haven't seen the boys for awhile since they are often with their biological mother on the weekends, but they will be here today. YAY!

Have a good Sunday.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:51 PM   #55  

Evening ladies,
Oh my, I played most of the day on the computer! Just couldn't get away from it. Oh well, I can paint tomorrow. I was a today.

Had to let you know I lost 3 days in a row! That is just not me! I made it to 158.4.

So that makes a tad short of 20 pounds since November. Have a few more to my first goal, than 5 after that. Shooting for 150, but I'd like 140 better! I keep plugging along.

I was so excited this morning!!

Guess I should change my little bee and make him go further down the flowers patch. I'll look tomorrow. Just had to tell you the good news.

Everyone have a great Monday!!
Carol
Old 02-22-2010, 06:16 PM   #56  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Carol - the older I get, the more likely I am to spend my time doing what I want, when it's possible, so good for you! Another big Good For You for your downward spiral in weight loss. You are so near your goal! Yes, you should move your little bee where he belongs, lol. I can't help but berate myself that had I stuck with it this time last year, I'd be at or near goal, too.

I did a lot of piddly thing around the house today, but nothing much to show for it. It was so gray and gloomy out today, so I cranked up some good music to get myself moving. Thank goodness Spring is right around the corner. Got new chair cushions for the front porch, and also a 30"x30" wrought iron table that matches the chairs. I think it will look nice when it's time to put them out.

I stayed OP during the family dinner yesterday, and it really wasn't too hard to do, since the menu included lots of veggies.

Toodles!
Old 02-22-2010, 09:16 PM   #57  

carol Congratulations!!! on the weight loss. How exciting for you. I'm really happy for you.

Jane Great job staying OP yesterday!!! Every good day makes another one we can build on.

I got up this morning and went to the store. We were out of a lot of things. I have made some changes on my woe and will share with everyone eventually. I really enjoyed my day and stayed OP and even did a little bit of exercise besides walking around the store. Tony wasn't with me so I ended up walking around the store for about an hour just checking labels etc.

Hope everyone else has had a great day.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:21 AM   #58  

Hi Ladies,
Yeah!! I did it! I'm moving down the garden flowers.

Went to pool and got in an hour of exercise today. I don't go on the weekend. I let the working people go then. During the week, I have the pool to myself.

I just played and wrote letters on the computer yesterday, I was such a slug!

Got up and got my day going early today. Had to wash some clothes and mail packages on the way to the pool, so I couldn't be a slacker. Put away paints and started a new project. I'm on a roll.

Will chat more later.

Carol
Old 02-23-2010, 08:27 AM   #59  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Trish - how true what you said: every good day makes another one we can build on! It feels good to stay OP, doesn't it?

Carol - yay for moving down the flower garden!! I have a couple of friends who go for pool exercise and say it really makes them feel better. Don't you just love writing letters on the computer? I like having a copy for myself so I'll know what I already said, for next time, lol. What's your new project? Tell us all about it!

Linda, and any one else reading this -

I have been having an odd crunchy snack at night that I really like, for about 70 calories. I'll take a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese, spread it along a celery rib, and cut into bite size pieces, add some pickled beet slices on the side, and a few sf bread and butter spears. Takes awhile to eat, and I love the crunch. The only drawback is sodium, but I drink water with it anyway, so that helps.

It's gloomy out again today, but there's a cardinal serenading right out front, and he is the promise of Spring.

Have a good day.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:59 AM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post
Hi ladies,

Trish - how true what you said: every good day makes another one we can build on! It feels good to stay OP, doesn't it?

Carol - yay for moving down the flower garden!! I have a couple of friends who go for pool exercise and say it really makes them feel better. Don't you just love writing letters on the computer? I like having a copy for myself so I'll know what I already said, for next time, lol. What's your new project? Tell us all about it!

Linda, and any one else reading this -

I have been having an odd crunchy snack at night that I really like, for about 70 calories. I'll take a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese, spread it along a celery rib, and cut into bite size pieces, add some pickled beet slices on the side, and a few sf bread and butter spears. Takes awhile to eat, and I love the crunch. The only drawback is sodium, but I drink water with it anyway, so that helps.

It's gloomy out again today, but there's a cardinal serenading right out front, and he is the promise of Spring.

Have a good day.
Good Morning ladies,

Trish-- You are so right!! Everyday I can turn down something sweet I get a tad bit stronger. Have to save those sweet days for a really, really special occasion. And then only have a bite or two. When you eat sugar, your body wants more!! Very addicting!! It's like a drug.

Jane-- Next project is 2 single wood light switch cover plates painted Charcoal with light tan vines and small pink rose buds tucked in. These will be going to Canada. The lady was to cute. She wrote and told me she saved the one I listed, blew it up, printed it, and cut out the black switch plate and placed over the ones she has now. She decided that Charcoal would work better. She has light pink walls. She is really trying to match some curtains she has with pink roses. I thought that was a lot of work for her, but, I guess it worked. Should have these finished today.

Next project is a couple Americana painted wood light switch covers. Have one order, so thought I'd do a couple to list in my booth.

Just finished a Spring board for a repeat lady. It had cut out daffodils and painted bees on it. Turned out pretty cute. No one got to see it though. I think it might have lasted about 15 minutes in my booth. She paid for it as soon as I emailed her and told her it was in the booth. It will be there after she leaves me feedback. Next sign for her is for summer, but I have a little while to come up with an idea for that. This lady likes her signs long and narrow for a certain wall and likes to change the signs every month. This is her 4th one from me.

Got to get started on some ornaments soon or Christmas will be here and I won't have any new ones. People start buying in August. Got to think ahead for us crafter's either selling or for gift giving.

Any one else doing crafts to give as presents? Trying to get them finished before Christmas day?? It's fun reading about other ladies passions too!

My daughter likes to make stepping stones using old plates she buys from thrift shops. She buys the darling plates, takes them home.....and breaks them into pieces!! Oh, that hurts!! But she's made some pretty stones from them. She's planning to do an outside table top that way. She does scrapping also. She's into scrapping like I'm into painting.

Love the water exercising. It really helps the hips move better afterward. The water is so warm.

The crunchy snack sounds good. Would make a good afternoon snack too! I'll have to look for SF B&B spears.

Oh, how special is the singing cardinal! What a treat for you! I don't think I've ever seen one. Only pictures. Don't live in where they come from. I saw a robin hanging around last spring. I think he lost his way, because they aren't known for around here. All we get are crows and those pesky starlings. Oh, we do have a mocking bird and he is so much fun to listen to in the spring and summer. He just sits and chirps his heart out. Love it when he comes around.

Well, another OP day, the sun is shining, guess I'd better finish my second cup of coffee and get my day rolling.

Everyone have a wonderful Tuesday!!

Been fun chatting!

Carol
Closed Thread