Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 04:07 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Hi everyone..i finally got my computer back running..it seems my laptop wasnt reading the wireless router but its all ok now.winter is in full swing here all frosty and snowy outside..ive kept busy making a charm bracelet for my gf,,she finally has her ist grchild so i took the babys picture and made it the size of a dime and then used whats called diamond glaze fixed the photos to heart charms.. painted some of them and used crystal hearts and beads it turned out really nice..i decided to not bake this yr as i cannot leave it alone am glad your grbb's are better ella..i admire those who are sticking to their plan of choice and even baking..im so happy to be back amongst everyone ttfn rosey
Hi Rosie,

Any chance you can post a photo of the bracelet? Sounds REALLY nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
Bobbi, you and Lynn are my heroes! I think you're both beautiful!

Not getting in the mood for Christmas yet. And it's almost here!!! OMG, it just occurred to me that I have four (count 'em FOUR) parties coming up between now and a week from now, which is Christmas, already. This year has zoomed!! Maybe it's good that it's going so fast, because I can get back on track sooner.

Lynn, I don't think I'll be contributing much to the goal, either... alas, alas, alas!!!

Stay warm, and have a lovely day, All!
Hi Jess,

Thank you for the compliment. I'm with you. However, I haven't been in the mood for Christmas for about 5 or 6 years now. No little ones to enjoy. Almost time for my gr neices and gr nephews to begin families. Hopefully, I'll be around to enjoy Christmas again with some gr gr neices and nephews.

Lynn
Old 12-16-2009, 07:25 AM   #167  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!

Yesterday I purchased a 5 drawer wicker dresser for the spare room in the basement. It came in a box with a zillion parts and instructions from Kyrgyzstan. Geeezzz, I thought I'd whip it together in the afternoon but only the frame is put together so far. Bruce is still laying flooring in the basement, a big job for one person. He did the spare bedroom 1st, that's the room I use as a dressing room. I have all my dress clothes in the closet and a cute wicker make-up table with mirror and matching chair. The dresser I purchased was from Shopko, $199.00 on sale for $99.00, what a deal and it's really cute.

Lynn.... I'm feeling sad for you having so many obstacles in your path right now. We're all here for you. I know you of all people know how to get out of the funk, below is an article to remind all of us to make the most of the day.

Day By Day: Busting the Holiday Blues

Holiday Dos & Don'ts
Try these practical, quick tips to keep the holidays about making good memories, not about making things perfect.

Less Stress in 7 Steps
Find peace wherever you are -- in line at the post office, shopping, or at a holiday dinner -- with this easy-to-follow relaxation technique.

Exercises to Beat the Holiday Blues
Here's motivation and inspiration to get your body moving: Exercise reduces feelings of depression. Plus, you'll boost your energy!

Healthier Comfort Foods
Do you go to the fridge for a "food hug?" Use these healthful tips to get the comfort you need -- sweet, salty, or crunchy -- without the guilt.

An Easy, Healthy Resolution
Make time for tea. It takes no work and it's all about soothing yourself. Plus, tea's antioxidants work wonders inside your body.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 12-16-2009 at 07:27 AM.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:53 AM   #168  

Good Morning GG'S

We got some snow yesterday, not a lot on the ground today. My son came by to pick up the kids last night (we keep the Grands 2 evenings a week) and the roads were quite bad. I'm sure they will have them cleaned and salted today. I have to get out and get some more Christmas stuff done. Getting down to the line here.

Rosie, I hate it when my computer decided to give me a hard time!! And since i'm so computer illiterate, I have to wait untill there is someone to help me get it up and running again.

Lynn, it does make such a difference, having little ones around again. Before they showed up DH and I were just putting a few little decorations up. Just seemed like too much trouble. Now the house is totally decorated again. We have a Christmas tree decorating party and they help us decorate the tree and eat lots of cookies and hot chocolate. When they were little all the ornaments were on the bottom of the tree. Now they are a little taller and more of the tree gets attention. And I learned early on not to move the ornaments they put on because they remember exactally where they put them.

Bobbi, I like Lynns quotes about habits. I think a habit to exercise works much better than motivation. You get into the habit and your body gets used to the exercise and when you quit it lets you know!

Z, Glad the little ones are all better. And yes, it is a good thing that your clothes are "drapey". Guess you might want to ask for a couple of things in a smaller size for Christmas. Most clothes like quite nice drapey, but skirts and pants can only get so drapey without becoming dangerous.

Isabella, I haven't had pickled eggs in a long time, but remember that I loved them. We always made them at Easter time, with all the leftover eggs.

Hi Donna, Kim and Karen. Hope you're out enjoying yourself.

Freda

Last edited by the slim me; 12-16-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:57 AM   #169  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Good morning –

First, Lynn, I want to just give you a hug and let you know how much I really do understand your feelings about the holidays. We have the little ones, but they don’t live with us, and while we’ve had a little holiday stuff going on what with shopping and wrapping and packaging gifts to send out to my son, decorating our house seems superfluous, somehow. We have that small 4-foot Victorian-looking tree in an urn that has its own little (white) lights on top of our antique TV cabinet (the one DH & I refinished and he reconfigured to accommodate a TV in the upper cabinet) and we just plug the dumb thing in, but that’s about it for us. With my son staying on the west coast this year instead of coming home for Christmas, it just feels dreary around our house. He usually fills it with energy and excitement, and because he’s there, everybody else is there every day as well. In the past, I’ve felt a little overwhelmed with the steady stream of people looking to be fed and entertained, but now it’s too quiet and peaceful for me. My girls always look forward so to their brother coming home, and everybody is a little subdued this year. Of course it’s been one thing right after another with the little twins, and then my daughter’s MS episode and so on and so forth. Nobody is up to an all-out family gala, and it looks like things will stay low key and quiet for us all. It’s the twin’s first Christmas, of course, but at 8 months, they’re still a little young to really understand what’s going on, although I’m sure they’ll enjoy their new toys and such. And, everyone is just flat out tired, and that’s the truth! Anyway, just wanted to say that you’re not alone, and you’re thought of more than you know.
Freda, I know what you’re saying about there being a point where “too” drapey can be hazardous. I have a skirt that I dearly love – a calf-length A-line woolen number in a brown tweed - that was a real wardrobe staple last winter, and while I knew it would be looser this year, I didn’t anticipate it sliding right off, which is what it did when I tried it on a couple of weeks ago. I’m not sorry that I’ve gotten smaller, but I kinda wish that this skirt would’ve shrunken some along with me. I feel like I’ve lost an old friend. Oh, I think I’m about done with Christmas shopping! Hallelujah! (Oh, except for the usual last-minute stuff that I always run around picking up the day before – somehow, I just can’t ever seem to avoid that. I am feeling rather self-congratulatory, though, at having sent my son’s packages out via UPS yesterday, with a guaranteed delivery date of next Monday. I would never trust the USPS again. On two separate occasions (you’d think I would’ve learned my lesson the first time around) packages that I shipped “priority mail” (supposedly two-day delivery) and paid @ $50+ to send, took TWO WEEKS to get there. When I tried calling to find out what was going on, I was told that they don’t guarantee priority mail, only express mail. With priority mail, you just pay the big bucks and then take your chances right along with all the regular mail deliveries. VERY misleading, I think, but no recourse except to use a different carrier, so that’s what I (finally) did this time around.
Bobbi, I had to giggle at #4 on your “busting the holiday blues” list. “Food hug” indeed. Perfect imagery. Yesterday I was feeling even worse than I feel today, working against end-of-the-year deadlines here at work, and happened upon a box of individually wrapped and sinfully rich cookies and brownies sent to us by our direct mail contractors. I decided to say “to heck with it” and grabbed a cookie. ONE bite of that overly-sweet yukiness and I threw it away. No comfort there. Luckily, my “food hugs” these days run more towards nice crispy grapes or perfectly ripened pears. And this, from someone who, when on the Atkins diet for some 10+ years, didn’t like any kind of fruit, anytime. Oh, and Bobbi? Hearing that you hate exercise too really made me feel good…made me feel like maybe there’s still hope for me, you know? So thanks, m’dear…
Hi Donna – you’re right, Bobbi & Lynn ARE beautiful folks. So are all of our golden girls, including you. And the other beautiful thing is the way everyone supports each other here. It’s a pretty special place, isn’t it?
Hmmm, Kim. Maybe it WOULD be good if one thing worked for us all…then we could buy ONE darned book and be done with it, right? When I think of what I’ve spent over the years searching for just the right plan…
Rosey, it’s SO good to have you back with us…and the bracelet sounds lovely. I’ll second Lynn’s question…is it possible for you to post a picture?
Hi Karen….hope you’re having a happy day, chicklet!
Isabella, I’m still working on my “Isabella” dessert. I’ll let you know what it is once I’ve invented it!
Hi Gayle, and anyone I missed (Sorry...getting old)
Oooooh…sorry for running on, so…now I’d better get back to work!

Z
Old 12-16-2009, 07:06 PM   #170  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Okay, you should know me well enough by now to know that I would NEVER post something unless it was true. So, here goes:
Christmas Cookie Rules...

1. If you eat a Christmas cookie fresh out of the oven, it has no
calories because everyone knows that the first cookie is the test and thus
calorie free.

2. If you drink a diet soda after eating your second cookie, it also
has no calories because the diet soda cancels out the cookie calories.

3. If a friend comes over while you're making your Christmas cookies
and needs to sample, you must sample with your friend. Because your friend
s first cookie is calories free, (rule #1) yours is also. It would be rude
to let your friend sample alone and, being the friend that you are, that
makes your cookie calorie free.

4. Any cookie calories consumed while walking around will fall to your
feet and eventually fall off as you move. This is due to gravity and the
density of the caloric mass.

5. Any calories consumed during the frosting of the Christmas cookies
will be used up because it takes many calories to lick excess frosting from
a knife without cutting your tongue.

6. Cookies colored red or green have very few calories. Red ones have
three and green ones have five - one calorie for each letter. Make more red
ones!

7. Cookies eaten while watching "Miracle on 34th Street" have no
calories because they are part of the entertainment package and not part of
one's personal fuel.

8. As always, cookie pieces contain no calories because the process of
breaking causes calorie leakage.

9. Any cookies consumed from someone else's plate have no calories
since the calories rightfully belong to the other person and will cling to their plate.
We all know how calories like to CLING!

10. Any cookies consumed while feeling stressed have no calories because
cookies used for medicinal purposes NEVER have calories. It's a rule!

So, go out and enjoy those Christmas Cookies - we only get them this
time of year!

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!

Last edited by jess1; 12-16-2009 at 07:08 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:24 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 178/164/140

Height: 5'5"

Good evening ladies,
I'm a newbie that just joined today. Hope you have room for one more. I've been catching up reading your delightful posts, and learning my way around the 3FC site. Looking forward to learning and hoping this will keep me focused on my goal.

I'm doing Crack the Fat Loss Code by Wendy right now. Ran across an article in the First magazine in October. Been on it for 6 weeks and have lost 13 pounds. I can't believe something is finally working. Never heard of this before, but I thought I'd try her 8 week challenge and see if it would work for me.

My burner is just about out I think and I'm a slow loser, but if the scale doesn't go up, I'm a happy camper.

Going to try and post at least once a day. Talking to others really helps me be accountable for what passes the lips. I've been doing pretty good, but I'm a slug when it comes to scheduled exercise. I can always find an excuse not to get my bod moving. I did do 45 minutes of water aerobics today. Missed for at least 2 weeks. Felt good to start moving again.

Guess I'd better close the the night. Nice meeting all of you!
Carol
Old 12-17-2009, 12:46 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

jess1- Love Your Poem, I always knew Christmas Cookies had to be lo-cal, now I know for sure it's true!! Thank You

Well have some reading to catch up on-but I really need to get some sleep, so hope everyone has a Great Thursday-be back soon
Old 12-17-2009, 07:59 AM   #173  

Hi Everyone,

I am on the road to perdition (gained 7 pounds so far this month) and I am SO tempted to avoid this forum.

The child in me wants to post only when I am doing good. However, the adult in me knows that I most need to post when I am doing bad.

Too many holiday celebrations and special foods. Too little commitment. I need to go back to "one day at a time."

Today I will eat fewer than 1200 calories.

Lynn
Old 12-17-2009, 08:01 AM   #174  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolis60 View Post
Good evening ladies,
I'm a newbie that just joined today. Hope you have room for one more. I've been catching up reading your delightful posts, and learning my way around the 3FC site. Looking forward to learning and hoping this will keep me focused on my goal.

I'm doing Crack the Fat Loss Code by Wendy right now. Ran across an article in the First magazine in October. Been on it for 6 weeks and have lost 13 pounds. I can't believe something is finally working. Never heard of this before, but I thought I'd try her 8 week challenge and see if it would work for me.

My burner is just about out I think and I'm a slow loser, but if the scale doesn't go up, I'm a happy camper.

Going to try and post at least once a day. Talking to others really helps me be accountable for what passes the lips. I've been doing pretty good, but I'm a slug when it comes to scheduled exercise. I can always find an excuse not to get my bod moving. I did do 45 minutes of water aerobics today. Missed for at least 2 weeks. Felt good to start moving again.

Guess I'd better close the the night. Nice meeting all of you!
Carol
Hi Carol,

So nice to meet you. WELCOME!

Lynn
Old 12-17-2009, 10:22 AM   #175  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am on the road to perdition (gained 7 pounds so far this month) and I am SO tempted to avoid this forum.

The child in me wants to post only when I am doing good. However, the adult in me knows that I most need to post when I am doing bad.

Too many holiday celebrations and special foods. Too little commitment. I need to go back to "one day at a time."

Today I will eat fewer than 1200 calories.

Lynn
Good morning Lynn,
Oh no! Don't stop posting or we both know it just gets worse, and the numbers start to climb and we're miserable with ourselves. No more pity parties for us. No more crying in the shower because we made unhealthy choices the day before and when we stepped on the scale in the morning and saw the number go up, again.

No one here is going to shame you or put you in "time out" for eating something off your program. This is life!! We've all been here before and probably be here again. One day we can be so motivated and the next day our thoughts are completely opposite! How can the be?? It can change so fast!!!!

I'll say most of us, maybe not all, love carbs, and have grown up with them all our lives. It's very hard to give them up to lose a teensy bit less on the scale. But after a few weeks, the little number grows and our bodies will shrink. I'm looking forward to that.

That's the same way I felt when I went to WW. If I knew I'd gained, I'd want to miss the meeting. Now you can go and not be weighed, pay the fee and listen to speaker. I did that more than once. Sometimes we just need a few words of encouragement to get us over the hurtle.

This is a terrible time of year to try to lose, so just try to maintain for the next couple weeks. If you know you're going to a party, go lighter on the carbs during the day, and have them in the evening at your socials. That might help to maintain. Eat protein during the day and eat a little every 3-4 hours. I think that has helped me.

We don't have any parties, so that makes my life a lot easier. Eat some protein before you go so you won't head straight for the dessert table. Chew a piece of gum at the party. That will help for an hour.

I love to bake and I told my husband yesterday how hard it is for me not baking for the holidays any more. I almost got tears in my eyes when I was telling him that. I've always loved to bake breads, and cookies to give to my friends. Be in the kitchen all day!! It's just me! Enjoyed baking for 50 years. Always wanted to be a Home Ec. teacher. Love to spend time in the kitchen making all sorts of sweets. But I know if I bake, I know I'll take a bite here and a bite there and then it turns into 2 or 3 different cookies, or licking the fingers, or using a spoon on the bowl.

I've learned I can't have it around, or I'll eat it!! I don't "over eat", I just nibble all day long. Can you imagine, some people have sweets sitting around all the time and never give them a thought??? How can they do that??

I have two "red light foods", cake donuts and peanut M & M's. I would love to have a bowl of the M&M's sitting around just because..... but every time I walk by I take two or three. I really had to stop and decide if I wanted to get this weight off and keep the old habits or try to eat better and think of some changes to be healthier.

I think getting a little older has helped with my decision to stay a little more focused. Have high BP and have to watch the cholesterol numbers. Mom had a stroke at 74, and had a triple by pass. Made it through the surgery great, but had a stroke 2 days later. My brother has a stroke at 62, had to have the angieo plastic (sp) something done. He's lost weight now and watches what he eats. I really don't want that to happen to me, so I think it's time for me to start thinking ahead. Got to many things I want to do yet. Have to "untrain" a lifetime of bad eating habits, but it can be done.

Stay positive Lynn, enjoy, the parties and friends. It's Christmas time!! You're making memories!! Do the best you can, but be sure and try to post every day. Just a few lines if you don't have time. Read a few posts, maybe something will come up that pertains to you to help you be more successful.

I have learned a lot just by reading the posts. This is the first time I've joined any forum and think it will help me get my tush up and exercising more. I have to be pushed in the exercise department. Hated PE in school and never did anything after getting married. The one thing I love most is line dancing. I'm always getting mixed up, but I sure enjoy it. I just won't go to the bars and that's where they have classes. I also enjoyed Jazzercise, but they do it at 8pm at night. I like to be home in the evenings after dark. Have to check on the senior citizen places and see what they offer.

Oh no, it looks like I wrote a book. Darn!!

Hope you don't think I was preaching at you!! I was really saying all this to keep myself motivated. One day at a time!! Every day is a struggle but I think it's getting easier. Take what you want from it and throw away the rest.

I've been on "Crackin' the Fat Loss Code" for 6 weeks and this is the first "diet" I've really lost or maintained on for this long. Never heard of this way of eating before and I'm almost 61. Been dieting since I was 10 and should have started when I was 6. It is a 8 week challenge, and I thought....might as well, nothing else has worked.

I read that this is suppose to be helpful for those of us going through that "wonderful change of life" time. I don't think it's wonderful at all, but yes, it is a CHANGE, for sure. Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! Just loved the ice cubes down the blouse to stay cool! Been through the blouse on, blouse off for the past year and a half. Start off with long sleeves, then go to tank tops and turn the heater down to 69 (freeze hubby) and then it's back to long sleeves after the sun goes down. Be glad when it's over!!

Have a wonderful day today!! Been nice chatting, think healthy thoughts.
Carol
Old 12-17-2009, 10:47 AM   #176  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

Welcome Carol ~ looking forward to getting to know you.

Hang in there Lynn ~ you are not alone

Trying to be good with the food is so hard this time of year ~ so much food is brought in to work ~ mostly sweet stuff ~ my downfall ~ I am really struggling and not doing very well. Each day a new day to try again.

Hello to everyone else. Off to bed ~ one more night of work, then off the weekend ~ yippee!!

Take care
Old 12-17-2009, 10:59 AM   #177  

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Hello all,

Trying to be good with the food is so hard this time of year ~ so much food is brought in to work ~ mostly sweet stuff ~ my downfall ~ I am really struggling and not doing very well. Each day a new day to try again.

Hello to everyone else. Off to bed ~ one more night of work, then off the weekend ~ yippee!!

Take care
Thank you Gayle for the welcome!!
Looking forward to meeting all the girls over here.
Very refreshing over here!
Carol
Old 12-17-2009, 11:01 AM   #178  

Quote:
Hello all,

Take care
Sorry Glynne! I apologize, I wrote the wrong name.
Thank you for the welcome!
Carol
Old 12-17-2009, 11:40 AM   #179  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up WOW!!! You ALL are FANTASTIC! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Day By Day: Busting the Holiday Blues
Thank you SO much for posting that from WebMD!
I'm going to print that out on place it in my Christmas Binder that I started this year. Cool to have!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
Hi Donna, Kim and Karen. Hope you're out enjoying yourself.
Freda
Well, actually - not really enjoying myself - a Little Disappointed...
I have been on antibiotics for bronchitis since 12/9/09 and still am on them until Friday evening - BUT - by bronchitis is back with a vengence so I called the doctor and she has added 5 more days of antibiotics and a FRESH inhaler!
Still on PROGRAM though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellabella View Post
Good morning –
Hmmm, Kim. Maybe it WOULD be good if one thing worked for us all…then we could buy ONE darned book and be done with it, right? When I think of what I’ve spent over the years searching for just the right plan…
I KNOW!!!!
It just make me and to think that I have fallen for it - I have a collection of DIET books that our local Library would envy if they knew I had all these - Donate them to the Library!
That's what I will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
Christmas Cookie Rules...

ANOTHER great read for my Christmas Binder!

Quote:

Carol
Crack'n Carol....

At least your "burner" is still working!
The weight didn't go on overnight - we are after a BETTER way of feeling - forget the mirror - go by how you feel and stick with it girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Institches21 View Post
jess1- Love Your Poem, I always knew Christmas Cookies had to be lo-cal, now I know for sure it's true!! Thank You
That's my story, and I'm stick'n with it!
That's just popped into my mind...sorry...but TRUE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post
Lynn
NO-NO-NO!!!!!!!!!
You NEED to be here - I don't care that you are gaining!!!!!
We are FRIENDS here and we need each other!!!!
You hang in there girl!

Quote:
I'll say most of us, maybe not all, love carbs, and have grown up with them all our lives. It's very hard to give them up to lose a teensy bit less on the scale. But after a few weeks, the little number grows and our bodies will shrink. I'm looking forward to that.

This is a terrible time of year to try to lose, so just try to maintain for the next couple weeks. If you know you're going to a party, go lighter on the carbs during the day, and have them in the evening at your socials. That might help to maintain. Eat protein during the day and eat a little every 3-4 hours. I think that has helped me.

I've learned I can't have it around, or I'll eat it!! I don't "over eat", I just nibble all day long. Can you imagine, some people have sweets sitting around all the time and never give them a thought??? How can they do that??

I think getting a little older has helped with my decision to stay a little more focused. I think it's time for me to start thinking ahead. Got to many things I want to do yet. Have to "untrain" a lifetime of bad eating habits, but it can be done.

Stay positive Lynn, enjoy, the parties and friends. It's Christmas time!! You're making memories!! Do the best you can, but be sure and try to post every day. Just a few lines if you don't have time. Read a few posts, maybe something will come up that pertains to you to help you be more successful.

Hope you don't think I was preaching at you!! I was really saying all this to keep myself motivated. One day at a time!! Every day is a struggle but I think it's getting easier. Take what you want from it and throw away the rest.
Carol
Carol! YOU are such an encouragement to ME and to this GROUP!

Quote:
WE are HERE for ya!!!

I was at checkout at Wally World the other day - this ???PARAMEDIC??? had a CART FULL of those multi-packaged yule logs without frosting from the bakery. I think he caught me :drooling: over his cart! He said "These are for the party at work!" I said - "GREAT place to LEAVE those!"

I know exactly how you feel about all those temptations at these parties - they are loaded with "feel good" good. You just have to remember - these so called "goodies" (I call them badies) DON'T make you feel good - they make you feel BAD!!! The goodies are little 's in sugar coating!

See ya Lighter!
Kim
Old 12-17-2009, 11:50 AM   #180  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Welcome Carol!! You will find this is a realy supportive group! Glad to have you with us!
Lynn, take it easy on yourself! My Goodness! Just try to enjoy hte Holiday season and then get back on track. I found myself doing that to me the other day and just about went totally crazy(ier) and almost in tears. So I decided that this is a season that I really love and I don't plan on going totally nuts with the food but if I want something now that I would not eat any other time----well, I'm just going to have it! I'll get through Christmas and then our anniversary (New Year's Eve) and then I will be working out in my woman cave on a regular basis! Then next year during the Holidays I won't have to be stressing out so much. So sit back and enjoy the people this time of year and don't worry so much----another 2 weeks just won't make all that much difference in the long run. My thoughs anyway.

Loved the Rules for Christmas Cookies
Closed Thread