Old 05-17-2004, 11:21 PM   #1  

Default back door friends #4

Ok, you guys are willing to take a chance, here it goes! LOL This is a great thread to receive support and give support to one another whether you are just starting or have been there done that bought the t-shirt. LOL
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 11:35 PM   #2  

Talking

Hi everyone..ok donna i found you and you are a funny lady..but you are right we are a great group..hurrayyyyyy for us..((((((((hugs)))))))) rosey
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 11:36 PM   #3  

Default I'm in

I like it all, giving support, getting support, and I'm just starting but I have been there and done that and I do have the t-shirt. LOL I'm not sure what I'm getting into but sounded like a good place to check in and make new diet buddies.
findingmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 08:15 AM   #4  

Welcome to "findingmyself"! So what do we call you for short? For the most part there are Rosey, Donna, Summer, Kris, Daphne, Me, and Glen who post on this thread and we're a variety of sizes and ages and likes and dislikes. If you choose to stay with us, we can give you a brief intro of us. It seems like when we do that, we lose the new friend for some reason. Maybe it's because Donna is too small and has lost her weight and reached goal maybe?? Well if that's it, I'm about 100 something pounds bigger so there you go. You're have to fit in between us somewhere so welcome!

Nothing much to report here. My weight has remained the same thing for 5 days straight. I know at least it's not a gain cause I did have potatoes and some pintos lastnight and they are very carbful. Summer, we haven't tried the fake taters yet. I have to get some cauliflower first. Rosey I have no doubts that you've lost 5 more pounds. That's awesome so stay positive. Well I better run and start making the grocery list for tomorrow. I have Laken's awards day tomorrow and bretts graduation on thursday which is being held at the high school. Did I mention that I would have to do that all alone??
lakelog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 08:57 AM   #5  

WELCOME FINDINGMYSELF! My name is Donna and I'm the one Dana said is TINY??? ROFLOL Yeah... I wish. Anyway, even though I reached my goal it has not been easy keeping it off. I had surgery in March and since then I have been trying to get around 4 pounds back off. I read somewhere that the anesthesia can cause you to gain weight!!! I felt some better. BUT I know I won't get any sympathy from Dana! (I'm joking with ya, Dana! ) I look forward in getting to know you better, *findingmyself* !
Rosey, on losing more weight!!!! You all are doing great I think.
We are getting much needed today. My grass looks greener by each minute it is still raining!
Summer, have you had any more gigs lately? I visited your site yesterday and it still looks good! Are you getting any response to that? Did you tell me when your pool opens? I am sorry, I have that sometimers disease again.
Well, this is going to be short but sweet. I need to get ready to go over to my Dads. We are finishing packing his kitchen today and some of the sunroom. Don't want to do too much of it though so that he doesn't have anything till the house is finished. We are also planning his birthday party in June. A lot is on my plate lately and I will be glad when school is out (in a way) LOL
I'll be checking in more later. I hope you ALL have a great OP day!!!!

Donna
Old 05-18-2004, 02:22 PM   #6  

Hello....Well I found you guys..Its been another hot one today..I am not liking all the bugs around here ( Arcadia's ) I think thats what they are called.. They come out every 17 years for 3 weeks and then dissapear.. They make such noise and they are everywhere..
I have to go do somemore errands tonight..No water class tonight...I hope eventually I can get on a better schudule with all of this..

Hello Finding Myself... Welcome to this thread..You have found a great group of friends here..Like Dana said we all have different weight goals and different ages.. I believe I am the oldest of the group. My name is Summer and I am working on losing 60 pounds... I have lost 14 so far and its been hard..but I will keep going and with all the support that everyone gives here..I know I can do it. We all can..Please tell us about yourself and again Welcome to our Group.. Have a great day

Dana.. I know what you mean about carbs.. I love Black Eyed Peas and I had some Sunday.,. My weight is the same.. How can a veggie be so bad..
Its a good thing that you had no weight gain..but I know its also flustrating when it stays the same.. I am there now...
It seems anything thats sticks to your ribs sorta speak is bad.. I know the feeling and also with any kind of budget streacher ( casseroles etc. ) They are bad too..It makes it hard to make the right choices.. Please dont get discouraged.. It will come off..Please try the fake mashed Pots when you can they are really good.. You are so busy with all the childrens things going on..Its that time of year..Graduations and such.. Please take some pictures if you can.. I am sorry that you have to do them alone..
Why is he not going?? Does he have to work??
Have a great day

Donna.. Thank-you for starting another thread..Like I said I didnt know anything about that stuff..but glad that you do and did..
I am sure that you are busy at your Dad's packing and you DO have alot on your plate with packing and his BD party around the corner..but I know you will get it all done..Thank-you for visting my web site and no we havent had anymore "gigs" yet.. I am hoping that we will hear something soon..I havent really been out there trying real hard to get some "gigs" cause I am working on this exercise thing and thats almost a full time job ..I have got serveral inquires from the web site..but no business from it yet... I need to look into getting more traffic there.. Thats another job.....Our Pool opens Memorial Day Weekend..Official opening will be Saturday the 29th..but it will not be open full time untill School it out here and thats the 22 of June.. It will open at 4:00-8:00 durring the week and 11:00-8:00pm on weekends untill school is out then its full time..11:00-8:00 everyday... I am working on getting it open full time next year reguardless of school not being out yet.. Hope I can get it done.. I am looking forward to see old Pool friends and make new ones...
You well have your own private pool soon..How great is that..It never closes..I am so envious.. I always wanted a pool..but I will settle for a ocean instead one day MB MB... ..
Have a great day

Rosey..WAY TO GO ON YOUR 5 MORE LBS LOSS..YOU ARE AWSOME GIRLFRIEND...YOU ARE DOING IT... ..
Have a great day

Daphne....Kris... Mr Ken... I hope you all find us... ...

Last edited by summer1; 05-18-2004 at 02:31 PM.
summer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 04:16 PM   #7  

Talking

Hi everyone.. welcome finding my self.. do you have anick name..as every one has said we are a great group..im the one from alaska..summer you say you are the oldest?? however even if its impolite to ask alady her age how old are you?? i will be 55 on monday and i feel old..thanks for the wtg's on my loss everyone..have decided to go by my scale ..and the heck with the others besides mine shows the most loss..im going to be sewing summer clothes for my trip today and i need something a little dressy as we are going to my sil and grand kids baptism this weekend and need church clothes..and my youngest grdd will be 4 this weekend..we will be gone for a few days am saving my bingo win for wallmart..donna.. i used to look forward to school out to for a week or so anyways then my kids drove me nuts..what have you got planned for elana??hello to daphnee kris and mr ken..dana keep working at it and you will show a loss ..well duty calls will check in on you all later..have agreat day everyone (((((((hugs)))))))) rosey
Old 05-18-2004, 04:46 PM   #8  

Let's don't get into the age issue now!!! LOL FINDINGMYSELF, I am actually 44 years old. I am married going on 19 years in October and we have a 9 year old daughter named Elena. We live in South Carolina and I recently lost 30 pounds. I think it's trying to find me again but I'm hiding from it. (whispering) Don't tell it you saw me here, ok?!
Rosey, I can't believe you are soon having a b-day!! Wow! I'm not going to say happy birthday till next week.. OK?? LOL I bet it's going to be fun for you in a way sewing for a smaller you! I need to start sewing again. So far, I only have her registered in the Terrific Tuesdays program at our church but I'm going to register her in some acting workshops with the Children's Little Theatre and also she has her choice of going again to horse camp or swiming lessons if she makes a good final report card.
I am going to try and get her busy in a lot this summer. She needs to stay busy. There is a new kid on our street and she is over here most of the time. She is only 7 and you can see her wondering up and down the street. It's something and I'm not used to that when parents don't know or seem to care where their kids are half the time. Why even have them? Anyway, different strokes for different folks. I bet the baptism will be real nice. I love those.
Summer, my Dad is heading for MB tomorrow. I have a week reserved in August and maybe we will go again in October like we did last year. My Dad has not sold the place yet so I have a place to go till then or till he finds something else if he does sell it. He has been asked if he will take a certain price for it but nothing else has been said.
Well, I better go now. My sisters and I are going out to eat tonight.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:42 AM   #9  

Wink Hi everyone! Just call me Dee

Hi And thanks for the welcomes. You all seem very supportive.
Quote:
If you choose to stay with us, we can give you a brief intro of us. It seems like when we do that, we lose the new friend for some reason.
I don't think you could scare me off if you would like to give it a try though I would love to hear all of your stories. Wow, I might just fit right in here. Hee Hee.

Well, heres my story: I'm 34 years old. I have been married twice divorced once. I am now married to the sweetest guy on earth. We had a beautiful little girl who is turning 1 on Sunday. And I have a 8 year old little boy who is my angel. We live in Arizona. I am very lucky to have such a great family. I am thankful every day.

I have not been overweight my whole life, in fact it wasn't until I was 25 or so that I really started gaining weight. But I have been on a diet since I was about 14. I don't know why because I look back at pictures of highschool and college and I was fine. But I still did every diet I could find. I'm sure my metabolism suffered. Around 25 I gained to about 180 I would gain and lose the same 40 pounds. Then I got pregnant with my son. After he was born I really put on a lot of weight. Up to 210. I got serious, decided to change my entire thought process about food and committed to become healthy. I exercised and ate right and I lost all of the weight by the time he was two. I kept it off staying between 135-140 for about 4 years. Then I got pregnant with my daughter. And this time I must have just gone crazy eating fast food and junk after she was born I weighed around 230 and once again was very depressed. It has taken me this long to quit beating myself up for gaining this weight and to recommit to losing it the right way. And that is what I am doing now.

I am truly trying to find myself again. Since I have put this weight back on I have become a different person. I don't want to go anywhere or do anything. I am cranky and depressed a lot. And I am trying very hard to stop acting this way. I want to find the person I use to be. The one who was afraid of nothing, would go anywhere do anything and just loved to be on the move.

So since April 24th I have been doing great. Eating right and exercising. Then for some reason on Friday I dropped the ball and took the weekend off. Today I was doing really well. Until a little bit ago. My husband was out running errands and said he was getting taco bell. I told him I wanted nothing. He brought me something anyway and I ate it and so now that is just one more day to add to my not doing so well days. So I am very upset about this. Anyway, I know I will lose this weight. I have nothing to wear if I don't. So, I will just have to get back on the good roll I was on. I don't know why I went off track so far but I will get back.

Thats about it for my story.... Kinda long huh?

Hello Dana, Donna(AKA Tiny), Summer and Rosey, You all seem like such a great group of people. Thank you very much for the welcomes and giggles I got reading your posts.

Well, I guess I better get this house clean or tomorrow I will wake up to a mess.

Dee
Old 05-19-2004, 02:11 AM   #10  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi there Dee I am Daphne. I don't have time to post but wanted to say welcome to our chat group!
Daphne
dabrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 10:38 AM   #11  

Hello...It has been raining all morning..but we needed it so bad..Its some what cooler thanks to the rain.. I am so glad that the heat-wave is over for awhile..I hope that the bugs go away soon.....I have errands to run and need to get all done so I can take Bert out tomorrow for lunch..
I cant wait to see Buddy Friday night. There are alot people coming to see him..so we will need a big table at the resturant..I am so happy that he is able to do this..I want tofond a new blouse to wear..Right now most of my things are to small or to to big..soooo I hope I can find a nice one..
I have lots to do today..cleaning laundry..that never ends..

Rosey....I wish I lived near you.. I would pay you to make me somethings..
I am sure you will make some really nice outfits to wear on your trip and for the baptism this weekend..I knew you must be tickled to be making smaller clothes..I would give anything to sew..Like those cover things for lounge chairs..All they are is terry cloth material with elastic sewed in to put over a lounge chase..and they are selling off the shelves..
I plan on buying one myself.. If I could sew I could make a couple dollars making those things and seeling them here at my pool alone they would be a big hit..and go fast..I wish I could sew but I never had the knack for it..
I was suprised at your age Rosey..and you are NOT OLD..even if you feel that way.. I always say I feel 90....but there is a younger smaller person still inside of me..wanting to get out..I think my weight has made me feel old..It wears me down..Since I have lost these few pounds I do have a little more energy and that makes me feel better..
I always thought I was really the oldest here and come to find out we are close but I am older by a year.. I am 55 and will be 56 in July..No I dont mind you asking ...You are having a birthday next week.. Any plans?? I will wait to wish you HB then..Enjoy your trip with your family this weekend..
Have a great day

Donna.. I wish I was in MB right now.. I am glad that your Dad's house is still in the family.. Maybe he will keep it after all..I wish I could come in August..I will say something to Jim and see..but right now we are planning a trip in September around the 11 or 12 with friends....How was your dinner with your sisters?? Where did you all eat?? Are they helping you with your Dad's BD party in June???
It so hard for me when we go out to pick the right foods.. Its all so tempting..Thats why I have to slack up some on the weekends.. I am sure if I would stick to the plan on the weekends I would see more weight loss but its so hard..I need to reslove that some how and stick with the diet on the weekends..I am sure you are busy with your Dad's house today..Alot more packing..I think everyone acumalates more stuff over the years and when they move they say.....where did all of this come from... I dont like packing..but I will be happy to pack this house up and move to MB...
Have a great day

Dee.....Glad that you are staying with us..Thank-you for telling us about yourself.. I am also married 2 times.. My Guy is a wonderful man and I am very fortunate to have him..I can relate to your weight issues..I have been up and down also..Its hard to lose and keep it off..I will tell you that its eaiser coming off when you are younger.. I have found that the older you get the harder it is to take off weight.. I guess its a metabolism thing..
My own weight problems are proof of that..Is was faster coming off when I was younger now..it takes alot more effort..
I am sure you will get back on track..We can only take one day at a time..and thats all anyone can do..Weight can make you feel older and bad about yourself.. all those things happen to us all.. I know that you can do it....When you fall off the diet..just say..ok..I will do better tomorrow and try again..You will do it..We all will do it together..
Have a great day

Daphne...How are you???? I miss you and hope that things are good with you Sweetie.. ..Have a good day

Dana...I am sure you are real busy with everything going on
I miss you..Have a great day

Kris....Mr Ken...... ..They are loose and on the hunt..

Last edited by summer1; 05-19-2004 at 10:42 AM.
summer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 05:44 PM   #12  

Default Hi everyone

Thank you Daphne for the welcome. I know how it is when you can only get on here for two minutes to post.

Summer, thank you so much for the encouragement. i am doing so much better today. I think I am addicted to this site. I do much better when I can get on here and read and post. I definately want to lose it for good this time. I never want to gain it back again. Although I said that last time. I guess after 4 years I thought I was invincible and I found out I'm not. Darn.

I will check in later when I can. Baby is crying and I have to pick up my son from school.

Take care everyone. I hope you are having a good day. i hope you find your missing buddies. I don't know how I found you all or where you came from but I'm sure glad I did.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:04 PM   #13  

Default Hi everyone

Thank you Daphne for the welcome. I know how it is when you can only get on here for two minutes to post.

Summer, thank you so much for the encouragement. i am doing so much better today. I think I am addicted to this site. I do much better when I can get on here and read and post. I definately want to lose it for good this time. I never want to gain it back again. Although I said that last time. I guess after 4 years I thought I was invincible and I found out I'm not. Darn.

I will check in later when I can. Baby is crying and I have to pick up my son from school.

Take care everyone. I hope you are having a good day. i hope you find your missing buddies. I don't know how I found you all or where you came from but I'm sure glad I did.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:44 PM   #14  
stbakd

Default welcome dee

here is my story dee. i'm the only man in the group. i'm trying to lose enough to look like the older version the ken doll. i'll be 50 in july. i am single. all the ladies are trying to lose to look like barbie, that why i say hello dollies
summer: good luck on friday
glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 01:07 AM   #15  

Red face

Hi everyone..sorry such a late post..its been one of those days..i feel like im running in slo-mo and not getting anywhere actually been real busy..my mil b-day lunch was alot of fun.. there was 15 of us and she was surprized.. she was 83 today..welcome dee.. im from alaska..mariied to the same guy for35 yrs.. i have two grown daughters..with great husbands and 4 beautiful grand kids..we live in a log house and have moose running thru our yard on occasion..i love to sew.. make greeting cards scrapbook all my pictures make quilts and design beadded jewelry which i sell..my dh and i are retired..i will be 55 on monday..this past yr has been a rough one for us lots of health problems and surg etc but we are on the mend now.. i have been heavy all my life..it wasnt till i got sick that i payed attention to my body..i just recently started curves but have been following ww for a while now..i have alot to loose..but try and take things in small steps and goals..you can do it to and we are here to help each other.. every one in this group is an amazing friend..the thing is is not to feel guilty just get back with it when you slip up.. baby steps small changes..bigger success..well everyone i wore myself out today and still have clean up duty in the kitchen ..it was a pretty sunny day here.. ((((((hugs)))))) to all and will check in on you all in the morning..rosey