Old 08-09-2004, 09:51 AM   #271  

Hello Chickies.......I am back...We had a much needed rest and basically a good time..The weather however did not cooperate soooooo it rained when we went to the beach for a couple days.. I was talking to some people and they said it has rained for 2 weeks there.. off and on.... sooo we did some shopping and eating too..
I gained 5 pounds....but off to the gym I go tonight.. I knew I would gain cause we tried alot of different places to eat..The weekend was a cloudy one here so no pool time there...but all in all we had a nice time..
I was glad to see hubby relax. He needed it very much.. We are hoping for great weather when we go to MB in Sept. I cant wait for that.. I tried to go back and read all you posts to see what everyone has been doing.. It seems that Rosie has been alone alot.. I know that everyone is busy doing thier own thing.. I hope that all you chickes can start posting cause I know how it is to be in here all alone..We are all so busy with our familys and all and its hard to get in here some days I know...but please rememeber..we all need each others support and friendship...It is so important to me to know you all are there to help me and listen and care.. We all Need that...You all have been angels to listen and care about me and my friends.. I dont know how I would have got through all thats happen in my life.... if I didnt have my Dear Wonderful YAYA friends in here...You all are the best..

Rosey.. Sounds like the BD party for Tyler was alot of fun and the weather was perfect...Thats wonderful.... Tyler..I am sure that your Gm Rosey made it a great one for you..I was glad to hear that the weather was perfect for the BD party for him..Could you send us some of that great weather here....we need it.. It is sunny here today but I dont know how long it will last....I know its hard to get back into that grove for losing Rosey.. You can do it.. I know you can.. You have done so good with Curves and all.. I have to get back into the swing myself.. I know tonight at the gym I will be dragging in class.. I have missed over a weeks worth of classes and its always hard to get back into it... We can do it Rosey.. We will do it together...Have a great day

Daphne... I am so sorry to read about Jason not liking your on line friend. I dont know why men have to be jeilous of things like that..I am fortunate that my hubby is not like that but my first hubby was.. so I know what you mean..but always know we all are her for you and support you in anything you do... Thank-you so much for seding your love to Buddy and Bert..They are doing good. We are hopefully having dinner with Buddy this Friday.. I am praying that he will be up to it and not have to cancel like before..and Bert is doing good. I am planning on seeing her this week too.. I will tell them both what you said and Thank-you for being such a angel. ..We did have a good time on vacation..and of course I ate to much.. and now have to buckle down and get it off again. I dont think there will ever be a time that I dont gain from eating when we are on vacation.. ..but it would be nice if that woudnt happen.. I knwo that you will getback in the swing of things when the children go back to school.. Its hard to diet under stress of any kind.. but you will do..I know you can....we ALL will do it together..
Have a great day

Donna....Sounds like you are so busy still with your Dad's place.. and having to do it alone is really hard..Now that you help is back form the beach I hope you all get it all done real soon..so you can have some "YOU" time..
Yes we did have a real good time on vacation..Thank-you for saying that..
I wish we had somemore time ....There was so much more I wanted to do but the weather wasnt good enough to do it.. Oh well next year....but the best vacaton is coming soon.. MB here we come ..I hope that we can hook-up to see each other then....I am hoping that will happen..
Yes we all are so busy in the summer -time and its hard to post I know..so much going on and all.. I bet Elena will look so cute in her new glasses and thats great that she wants them..I hope that you get some quiet time for yourself before school starts asn I know you need it...
Way to go on losing some fluff as you put it ..I need to lose some fluff too... ..and I will be trying to do it in the following weeks..
I should have been better about eating but due to the poor weather we coudnt get in the walking we had planned and thats what happen...
I will be working hard at teh gym to lose it again.. I sure get tried of saying again.. dont you?? How can we not do this anymore.. I mean gain weight back.. Wonder if there is any eathing plan that this wont happen..I doubt it....Have a great day
summer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 10:27 AM   #272  

I had to start another post..I was affraid I would lose it..

Dana... Sounds like you have been real busy since getting back from the cabin.. I hope that the school got things all ready for Brett to take care of his diebetes needs. I know how important that is.. Thank-you again for my BD card.. It was so sweet of you to send it to me..I know its been hard trying to get so much done before school strats and all.. How is your Grandpa doing?? How is the rest of your family doing?? When do the children go back to school??? I know its in August but I didnt know when. The kids here go back in September..after Labor Day..Hope that yo ucan post soon.. We all miss you... Have a great day

Mr. Ken... Have a great time on your vacation in Toronto at your match convention and at the country music festival...
Enjoy and have fun..

Kris..How are things with you??? We all miss you..

Dee.. I hope that you are doing good and we miss you too

Its good to be home and I have alot to catch-up on around here..
I wanted you to know we took some pictures but they didnt really turn out..I was so dissapointed with that.. I hope to get a digetal camera for Christmas.. Its on my list .. Those one-time-use cameras dont do well in rainey weather....I have another one of those cameras and maybe we will take some this weekend at the pool if the weather allows..
I have to go to the grocery store and other errands to do today..I have class tonight... I am sure I will be beat afterwards
I want you ALL to have a great day and I am glad I am back.
I missed you all while I was gone..Much and {{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to You All...

Last edited by summer1; 08-09-2004 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-09-2004, 11:41 PM   #273  

Smile

Hi everyone..summer am so glad you are back from your mini-vacation and that you and jim got good rest and some alone time..sorry about your pictures tho..mr ken have a great vacation..daphnee sounds like you are a bit better..hope the kids arent driving you to nutty..donna..sorry elana needs glasses but kids like glasses and think they are kool..just more for you to keep track of tho i know as my youngest dd had glasses when she was 2 yrs old..if i had all the money i paid for broken glasses i could go on a cruise anyways hope youve got your dads house all set up..bet you can use some you time..dana..havent heard much from you..everythings ok i hope and you are just busy getting kids ready for school and such..kris hello to you too..its been a busy day here.. the b-day bq was alot of fun tyler had agreat time..his kareeoke machine gift was abig hit and he preformed for us..he likes counrty music..im tired today..and we got the guys gone to the cabin and us girls have just been veging out..and pigging out..honestly im so out of control anyways better days ahead..will check in tomorrow(((((((hugs))))) everyone rosey
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 05:39 AM   #274  
stbakd

i am enjoying the time off, but it has was alot of work setting up the convention and keeping it going. i live in toronto and been going home at nite. i've got some new matches gave away some.
welcome home summmer. i'll later
glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 09:38 AM   #275  

hi guys....

I am here still swamped and overwhelmed. Dh left for the school year back down south and I am trying to adjust. It is much more difficult this time. Miss you all and will talk when I feel like it later.

Kris
autiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 10:41 AM   #276  

Hello Chickies...Its a beautiful day here today..Blue skys and its a little hot..but I will take it instead of rain and cloudy...I hope to go to the pool for a little while this afternoon..but I have some things to finish here first..
House cleaning and laundry..They never end.. Had a good workout last night and surprisingly I wasnt that beat.. I was really surprised about that..and I dont know how I did it but the scales at the gym said I was the same as before I left.. That means I didnt gain anything.. I dont know how thats possible but I will take it My scales said different..I will take what the gym scales said.. ..

Kris... Good to hear from you..I am sorry to hear that you are so swamped and over-whelmed..I hope that things get better real soon..
Sorry that your hubby had to go and I know its must be hard on you..
I hope that you can adjust real soon and feel better..
Have a great day

Mr Ken.. Thank-you for the welcome home..Its good to be back..
I am glad to hear you are enjoing your time off.. I am sure that doing a convention is alot of hard work..I hope its everything you wanted it to be..
Be careful driving back in forth and enjoy your time there.
Have a great day

Rosey...Thank-you for the welcome back.. Its good to be home but I must admitt I am looking forward to MB in Sept..Sounds like Tyler had a great BD..
I can picture him singing with his Karaoke machine..I bet it was real cute..
Karaoke is very popular around here.. Every place has it.. Thats our biggest competition out in the DJ world..but we understand people love it.
I am sure you are tired. It takes awhile to adjust from vacation and when you got home you had alot to do..so I can understand you are tired.. Its good that you are getting some much needed "YOU" time.. and I know you will get back on track with your diet when you are ready...It is so hard when you get off track.. I have been there so many times myself..I am trying to get back in the swing of eating right since vacation..so I do understand..
We can do it together Rosey....Have fun with your girls while the guys are away at the cabin.. and please get some rest.
Have a great day

Donna.. I know you must be busy with your Dad's place and getting ready for school to start.. Hope you get a chance to check-in soon.. I miss you
Have a great day

Dana... I am starting to worry now.. I know that you are busy with getting ready for school and all the day to day things you do but I sure hope that things are alright with you. I miss you and hope we hear from you soon.
Have a great day

Daphne... I hope that things are better for you too and that the children are being better..I hope that you are getting to do some things you want to do..I miss you too..Hope we hear frorm you real soon..Buddy says hello and hopes you are doing great. I will see him again Friday.. We are taking him to dinner with other friends..I sure hope he will feel like going this time....but if he doesnt we all understand..Its a wait and see thing...
Have a great day

Well My Dear Sweet Chickies.. I have to get off of here and finish cleaning.
I hope to go to the pool later today. The pool will be closed before I know it and you all know that makes me sad... I wish summer lasted all year..
By the way.. has anyone got any new recipes for chicken.. I am getting tired of the same old way to make chicken..Thank-you..
Lots of and {{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you all...

Last edited by summer1; 08-10-2004 at 10:47 AM.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:35 PM   #277  

Red face

Hi everyone..just a quick post to let you all know im here..not feeling the best today or last night..too much the wrong foods and too much excitement and lack of sleep hhhmmmm i guess my bodys trying to tell me something anyways (((((((hugs)))))) for all will check in again tomorrow Rosey
Old 08-11-2004, 09:02 AM   #278  

Hi guys. I have been really busy and continue to be so. Dh will be back at work on thurs. and friday so I should be able to at least post those days. Those of you with Dh's home know how they can stick to you like glue. I didn't mind it too bad yesterday cause he helped me take kids to school and pick them up so we both know how it worked. I have to be back at Brett's school today at 3:15 which is only 4 minutes after the bell rings. That place is a mad house so I'm nervous as to how I"m going to get through there to park when all that dismissal is going on. Anyway, I will try to post later on. Dh has came in yet again.!
lakelog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 10:24 AM   #279  

I'm sorry this will be so short, but wanted to tell you all I have not forgotten about you all. I have been so busy every day with life at the Dad's with unpacking and putting up pictures and so on. Then my home to keep up in my "spare" time. PLUS Elena has had enough and she's been very aggravating with wanting to EAT all the time. (She's bored) I had a friend of hers over on Monday afternoon to swim and tomorrow she will have a church friend over to try and compensate for all the time spent at her Paw Paw's helping or watching. I'm really trying. I am very tired and over-whelmed and look forward in going to the beach on Saturday for a week. I have to get away from this family street! LOL Anyway, I read that I'm not alone in the frustration dept when it comes to family matters. We do need each other and I have been so bad in keeping up with you all and I beg for your forgiveness. I really thought that at this point of things it would be easier and that I would have more time that is normal to me but it has not been the case. I'm so tired that I have been drawn into a depression whenever I come across something that was my mother's. So, you know I am tired. Need to pack yet too. Oh well. I will talk to you all soon. Please understand.

Donna
dlzbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 10:31 AM   #280  

Hello Chickies... Its a retty nice day today..Not as good as yesterday..and I didnt get to the pool..Between phone calls and cleaning and errands..it got to late to go..Oh well maybe sometime this week or the weekend I will get there...I have to finish the cleaning and laundry.. I swear its never ending..
I have class tonight..so I have to prepare dinner before we go..so it will be ready when we get back. Sometimes thats a real pain..but there is no other way to do it..and we both need to go and exercise..It has helped us alot.
I am helping a friend with her wedding and I have somethings to do for that today..Its in September...she is so over-whelmed.The groom's has alot of family and there will be over 200 people at the recieption..It going to be a huge wedding..I told her if it was me I would elope....she laughed..
Well..I have to get off of here....before I know it it wil be time to go to the gym...and I will not have everything done..

Dana... It was so good to hear from you.. Sounds like yo uhave been real busy with school back and all. I hope that you DH gives you some alone time soon.. as I know how that can be..
I am sorry that its a mad house at the school parking lot.. I guess its because there are so many more children in middle school. Atleast its like that here.. Middle school and High school parking lots are really crowded and alot of students.. I hope that you can find a way to work this out.. Good Luck....I hope that Brett is adjusting well and that the school is helping with his meds and all..Have a great day

Rosey.. I hope that you feel better soon. You have always said that if you eat the wrong things your body lets you know..I know you will get back to it when you feel better....Please get some sleep and feel better real soon.
Have a great day

Donna....Where are you I miss you...
Have a great day

Daphne..Hope you are doing good and I miss you too..
Please let us know how you are when you can..
Have a great day

Kris...Hope things are better for you. Please let us know how you are doing when you can. Have a great day

Mr Ken..Enjoy your vacation..Have fun..
Have a great day
Old 08-11-2004, 10:50 AM   #281  

Donna.. Once again.. we were posting at the same time..
I am sorry I didnt see your post untill now...There is nothing to forgive you for..
You are having a bad time of it right now..We ALL understand how that can be..
I am so sorry that this is happening to you.. I do understand about being over-whelmed and you have been that and more with everything going on for the past months.... I am so glad you are going to the beach and getting away very soon....You really need that right now..
I hope that helps you and makes feel better real soon.. and know that we are here for you and we all care about you and love you.... Please take alot of time for you and try to relax at the beach and know we will be here for you to talk to and we care...
Us YAYA Chickies will always be here for each other..We are ALL so blessed to have each other to lean on and have such loving support for each other.
I am so sorry that your Mothers things have upset you.....and you are so depressed. I think thats natural though..I am sure packing up her things brings up so many memories. Thats got to be hard on you.. You will always miss her and I understand that...It will get better in time... I promise
God Bless you Sweetie..
Please take care of you..
Much . and MANY MANY {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Last edited by summer1; 08-11-2004 at 10:56 AM.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:33 PM   #282  

Red face

Hi everyone..am so happy to see so many posts and if i was feeling better i would address each and everyone but heres a big((((((hug))))))) from me to all..sorry this is short but am still feeling sick..found out my mother in law was sick to so either its a flu bug or we ate something in common..at any rate am a little better today just feel wrung out..check on you all later Rosey
Old 08-12-2004, 10:03 AM   #283  

Hello Chickies.. We had a horrible storm yesterday.. The electric went off..we had high winds..thunder..lightening and hail..and heavy rain...It was so scarey....I could not go to water class..The electric was off for 3 hours and I was so worried that it would not come back on...I remember last year when it was off for a week.. I guess I am leary cause of that... I have a patio full of leaves and sticks to clean today and I hope we dont get another storm.. It looks possible cause of the hurricane near the Bahamas..
There is another Hurricane out there..I heard it on the morning news..I hope they both blow out to sea....I hope to get ot class tonight...I have to make up for lost time yesterday..with house work and laundry...SOOOO I better get off of her and get with it...

Rosey.. I sure hope that you feel better real soon...I hope its not a flu bug and what-ever it is.... it goes away real soon.. I hope that your Mother-in-law feels better real soon too... Take care of you and get plenty of rest ..Thank-you for posting even though you prob didnt feel like it cause you are sick.. Now..please go back to bed.. and feel better real real soon.....Much and many

Donna...Dana...Daphne....Kris...Mr. Ken...
I hope that you all are well... I miss you all
Have a great day

Last edited by summer1; 08-12-2004 at 10:11 AM.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:06 PM   #284  

Red face

Hi everyone..im finally feeling better..boy i would not wish what ever i had on my worst enemy i felt worse than when i was recovering from surg..anyways am back to my old self just a little tired.. while being sick i had a house full of company..dd sil and grandkids.. they all pithched in and helped..what surprized me tho was my mil and bril.. they came last nite and stayed forever my mil was feeling better and i can understand my bril wanted to say goodbye..but really..i wasnt even dressed and looked like a ghost..and then they stayed for supper..so i ordered pizza for everyone..i had tea and toast..at any rate the good news is im better and everyone has left for the day so i have some quiet time ..summer sorry for the awful storm.. we dont get thunder storms in alaska and actually i miss them..when i was on vacation we had several spectacular ones and i sat on the deck and watched them..i know ite weird but i like storms..glad you are all ok tho..mr ken sure hope you are having a great time at your convention..dana,, ican understand.. men can be like small kids wanting our attention my dh is like that..hope you have some free time for you and that your kids like school this year..donna..i hope you found things for elana to do to keep her happy and busy..are you almost done with your dads house??kris.. am sorry you are seperated from your dh for now.. that must be hard for you..post when you can and let us know how you are..daphnee..are the kids behaving??what are you doing for you..anything fun..well hope i havent missed any one..i understand how busy everyone is..will check in later((((((hugs))))))) rosey
Old 08-13-2004, 10:00 AM   #285  

Hello Chickies...Sorry that this will be a short post.. we had another real bad storm last night and of course it started when we were to go to the gym. I called the gym and they closed the pool untill the storm was over.. and that means our class was canceled. I cant get over this weather we are having..
The electric flicked on and off but we didnt lose power like yesterday..
My computer was acting up and now I hope its OK..The weather man is calling for more of the same tonight and this weekend.. I hope that it blows away soon..I hava the dinner to go to tonight for Buddy...so I hope not to get drowned..

Rosey.. I am so glad you are feeling better..
It must have been a really bad flu bug..
It sounds like what-ever it was it made you feel so bad..
I am so glad its gone..and you are back to your self again.
Please get some rest and take care of you..I am sure it was hard when you are not feeling good to have a house full of people....You are better than me..I would have been in bed while they were there.....
That was so nice that they all pitched in and helped you..
If you love storms come here and stay with me..We are getting them left and right. I dont like storms..they usually bring to much damage..thats why I hope they get out of here real soon.. I never knew that Alaska didnt have storms..Thats something..Please get some rest...and take care of you.
Have a great day and a wonderful weekend

Donna...Dana...Dapphne...Kris...Mr. Ken... I miss you all...
Hope to hear from you all soon.. .
Have a great day and a wonderful weekend

Last edited by summer1; 08-13-2004 at 10:06 AM.