Old 01-07-2011, 03:08 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 175/165/145

Height: 5' 11"

Hi Everyone!
I am jumping in and excited about it. I have a vision of what I want to look like (my Avatar!) and I will get there.
Thanks for starting this thread.
Ali

Last edited by Igb2htalmh; 01-09-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Igb2htalmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:17 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Yay! Welcome...great pic!!!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:20 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 187/180/170

Height: 5'6"

The team I'm on now is more intermediate level which keeps it fun for the newbies on my team - however, I think we're going to be moved up a tier - which should make us more competitive!

...workout 5 of L1 with Jillian done today...have decided not to weigh myself over the weekend and to wait to be surprised on Monday! Can't wait!!!
otowngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:01 AM   #94  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Did my yoga tonight. that is all
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:37 AM   #95  

WHAT A NIGHT!! I was fine, happy to make dinner when all of a sudden this pain comes out of nowhere that had me doubled over!!! I know this pain because I have had it before, ovarian cyst which I have a history of...Laid down until it wasn't so bad, there was no way I was going to the hospital last night....oy! So a healthy dinner was not in the cards for me, actually caved in and had some jelly bellys that my son got for Christmas but didn't eat...(not many). I am down point two today. Not feeling so great but going to keep on truckin'......
Invited to a luncheon today at an Italian restaurant. I hope they have carb friendly selections, although I highly doubt it. Will try my best. So proud of everyone and their workout schedules. Not sure if I could work out given I'm still feeling "achey"...at most I will do some upper body work with dumbbells.

Never a dull moment!!!
Old 01-08-2011, 09:57 AM   #96  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Sorry to hear that, Zumbachica - take care of yourself!

Ended the day at 1510 calories - had wanted to have a low calorie day but just felt too hungry. Also my son got sick at school in the late morning, so I never made it to the gym. And finally, some of my food choices yesterday were not the best(2 glasses of wine and half a cup of ice cream). On the positive side, dh stopped on the way home to get dinner for us - Friday is usually pizza night - and I stuck w/ one garlic knot.

Good start today - made it through the hour Spin class, and so far have only had 175 calories. My family is FINALLY coming over to bring Christmas gifts for my son(snow's been a problem here) and we're doing pizza again for lunch. My plan is to stick to one slice and lots of salad, and to totally avoid the container of cookies I made back in December and froze. I ate enough of those in December to last me through the year!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #97  

Natamars: serve those cookies when your family comes over and totally get rid of them....throw out the rest...I know it is sinful to throw away food but something like that is definitely a trigger, I know it would be for me. I didn't bake this Christmas except for gingerbread cookies because that is one thing I won't eat and noone was any worse for the wear. I'll worry about "tradition" when I'm maintaining and in control....hopefully next year God Willing I"m still around to bake!
Old 01-08-2011, 01:12 PM   #98  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Morning everyone

My tummy felt a little queezy yesterday and I ditched the 30 day shred . . . but I did it this am and will do my leslie sansone walk at work tonight. The scale was VERY kind to me yesterday and AGAIN today . . . but we will see what happens tomorrow . . . < sigh>

dcapulet - great job on the yoga, it's always so calming

Zumba - sorry you are hurting, pain will derail you in so many aspects of our lives. Hope you are feeling better. Oh I like your ticker, I just got mine this past sunday (I'm still playing with it)

natamars - have a great day celebrating christmas and like zumba said, then throw out the extra cookies or send them home with your family - and great plan for eating.

evilwoman & otowngrl - did you all go snowshoeing??? how was it??

dcapulet - yoga is so nice somedays, it always settles me inside

Hope everyone has a great day!!
MadamButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:56 PM   #99  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Day 8 SUCCESS! Did some snowshoeing again today for 1 hr, twas crisp but oh so scenic working out in the winter rocks, -its fun & firming! I also did some weightlifting & 100 pushups, go me!

zumba, that pain sounds like a real PAIN, hope tonite is beddah!

Off to buy some groceries now, ugh what a chore! My least favorite thing to do - ughhh sigh

Last edited by evilwomaniamshe; 01-08-2011 at 06:57 PM.
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:12 PM   #100  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Wow, evil - you rock!

madamb, hope the scale stays kind to you!

Well, my family is gone. I did really well at lunch - 1.5 slices of Grandma pizza(there are a few Long Islanders on this thread - what do you think on calories? I estimate 300/slice. It was mostly sauce, hardly any cheese, thin crust), a tiny garlic knot, salad with my homemade dressing, and one glass of wine. No cookies - my family polished off most of them, but I'm OK with leaving the rest for dh amd my son. They should be gone by tomorrow, and I bought myself some 85% dark chocolate to have for a treat. One 50-calorie square is very satisfying!

I should end the day at 1300-1400. Right now I'm just planning on 1 glass of wine and a square of chocolate since we ate lunch so late. I really want to try to get some 1200 calories days in, but if the scale moves down Friday, I'd love to stay closer to 1500.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:15 PM   #101  

Natamars...grandma slice has thin crust so I agree with your calculation...
Old 01-08-2011, 07:23 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Zumba-OUCH! You'd better take care of you. Does the cyst clear up all by itself? I can't believe you are still exercisign. Determined, you are!

Natamars-sounds like you are doing pretty well, even with a lot of temptations. I'm proud of you, and jealous of anyone who can eat the less than perfect choices in moderation.

MadameB-you've been doing well with your plan, if I recall correctly so the scales SHOULD treat you well!

Wendalynn-we did the grocery thing this morning and then went for a 5-mile hike. In the WIND. Lots of UPHILL. And we decided to rent snowshoes for Valentine's Day and it will be my first time. If I like it, I'll buy some next year. Is it difficult?

So, yesterday was my no exercise day and I did no exercise, but that was still on plan. Ate like I was supposed to, too. Did the 5 mile hike today and will do my 5 girly pushups later. We're having pumkin chili for dinner and jiffy cornbread muffins. Well, just 1 muffin, no condiments for me, but that's a treat. My g'ma used to make 'em when I was little and I still love those things! It's supposed to be colder than cold tomorrow, but if it isn't too windy, we'll walk far. If it is, we'll walk less far.

Congrats to everyone who has tried to stay on plan and especially to everyone who has actually done it. One week down, 5 to go to see how we end the challenge.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:19 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Barb there are definitely some workout beast on here. That's my goal for 2011 to become a workout beast! I aspire to be like the ladies on here.

Zumba-hope you are without pain today.

Wish me luck..starting WW on Tuesday. Gotta be held accountable for a little bit until I get back in my stride.

Ladies-Have a great week!
Bamagurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:12 AM   #104  

Default Not Happy

Well the past two days were challenging to say the least. First, me having that ovarian cyst attack (I'm still achey but much better, thank you to all those that have asked)....then yesterday I went to a luncheon party all set to be be good. I ordered grilled salmon, had a portobello mushroom as an appetizer...Well the service is this restaurant was slow as molasses and the more time that went on the more I wanted the bread and butter on the table...so I finally caved...it was no holes barred after that, I even had the frosting on the cake...The party favors were wine glasses filled with candy. Of course I ate some of that on the long drive home....I'm really feeling bad about myself now and to make matters worse I gained close to two lbs....jsut from one day of hedonistic behavior!!

So I'm changing my weigh in day to yesterday to sort of psych myself out and getting right back on the low carb diet in a big way. I can't let feeling bad about this derail ALL my efforts and I won't quit this time.... If there was ever a time I needed will power dust it should be now
Old 01-09-2011, 10:22 AM   #105  

Barb: good luck on WW..many are having success on it the way it is designed now.