View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 05:37 PM   #13
joyfulloser
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme0510 View Post
OMG... You just made me so hungry with your last post, lol. I LOVE anything smothered in garlic and shrimp is my favorite protein... I'd eat it every day if it wasn't so expensive. I've never tried mango chutney(though they talk about it all the time on the food network), but I really love mangos. Kudos on your weight loss! I'd find it really hard to keep with proper portion sizes with the tasty foods you eat!
Haha...it's funny you say that because I think I got the recipe from a food network cookbook I just bought!

The shrimp dish only took 15 mins to cook, prep time included. A bag of frozen shrimp (walmart 20 -30 count?) cost me $6-7 bucks...the brocolli costs $2, brown rice $2. I make 4 servings at a time. I weigh it to make sure....but am getting pretty good at eyeballing it. It also helps that I use the black plastic trays I used to get from my frozen meal delivery service.

Bottom line costs - $10-11 for 4 meals = less than $3 per meal...and 15 minutes of your time.

Anyhoot...let me know if you want the recipe.

Ok...well I have been a bit of a "cookin fool" since I've gotten all these cookbooks in from Amazon finally! (about 6 in all) Today, I made a simple white wine and herb sauted chicken breasts over spinach & tomato quinoa, with baked sweet potato, and asparagus! I still have one more package of chicken to cook...oh what to make...what to make? Hmmmm...I'll just make some more of my "Mock McDonalds Grilled Chicken Breast" and freeze it with the rest!

It's also time to make some more of those delishous breakfast pumpkin-raisin muffins. They are truly GREAT, and with only 145 cals, 2g of fat, 105mg sodium, made with whole wheat flour and flaxseed, these little muffins (coupled with a serving of turkey sausage) make the PERFECT little get up and GO breakfast...AND they hold you over until lunch!

I decided to throw out the Tom Venuto protein pumpkin pancakes I made last week...they were really discusting and horrible! Too much spice and gooey...ewww, gross! blaaaah! This week I may try this sweet potato pancake recipe I found on the net...we'll see.

FINALLY MADE GOAL! Pics here--->http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal...goal-pics.html

Last edited by joyfulloser : 12-30-2010 at 05:46 PM.