Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 02:23 PM   #61  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

PMS Stinks!!!! Going for the 5-MILE Run today!!! Grrrrhhh...inner warrior's about to come out! Back later to report results!

Well...I DID IT!!!...ran 5.4 Miles!!! ***ALL TIME RECORD*** I can't believe it...PMS and all...I did it!!! Guess those 2 days off are EXACTLY what I needed to recoup my energy! Yeaaaahhhh!!!

Oh and Picadillo actually tasted even BETTER today than it did freshly cooked...go figure??? It really is an OUTRAGEOUSLY DELISHOUS meal, and after a run like that...digested faster than I could chew! LOL!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 01-13-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:23 AM   #62  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Breafast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey sausage links - 229 cals.
Snack - Atkins Protein Bar - 240 cals.
Lunch - Sesame Chicken over rice sticks, green bean almondine - 400 cals.
Snack - Activia Light Yogart - 70 cals.
Dinner - Jamaican Curried Chicken Thighs over spicey Carribbean black eyed peas and plantain, steamed spinach - 447 cals.
Snack - large Navel Orange - 100 cals.

Total Calories: 1,486 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - 3.4 miles (VERY hard run...PMS'ng terribly...uggghhh!)

Ok...so I soaked the black eyed peas overnight and will be cooking this special Jamaican dish today. Also, I've thawed out the lean ground beef and will be making a lower fat/calorie verison of one of my favorite dishes...Shepherd's Pie. Lastly, I WILL find an AUTHENTIC tasting curried chicken recipe to make my chicken thighs as well. I know...lots of cooking, but I'm loving the variety and easy accessibility to just pop my food out of the freezer. I'll let you all know how it comes out and take pics!

I truly hope this inspires someone to know they can do it too. If I can do this...ANYONE can, I'm the most NON-COOKING, fast food eating individual I know!..LOL! I guess you'll never know that you until you try!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 01-14-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:52 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 264.2/189/150

Height: 5'8"

Idea: Instead of having a whole thread about yourself where you post way more than anyone else about things that other people post on group threads, why don't you just start a blog?
Old 01-14-2011, 09:28 AM   #64  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincimom11 View Post
Idea: Instead of having a whole thread about yourself where you post way more than anyone else about things that other people post on group threads, why don't you just start a blog?
Well Cinci, the title of this thread IS..."JOYFUL's JOURNEY to lose 26 lbs"...not EVERYBODY's JOURNEY to lose....

My journey may be able to help others who may be down to the last few pounds to lose, who are hitting stalls, and losing momentum, to stick it out to the end. I KNOW I AM...and THIS is where I WILL keep accountability to that end.

I also post some really delishous, low calorie meals that are relatively easy to make and post pics of same. Help yourself to any of the wide variety of delectable culinary delights that I delight in sharing with my fellow 3FC'rs!

Thanks for your helpful recommendations....and as always...thanks for stopping by!!!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 01-14-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:48 AM   #65  
Maintainer since 12-22-10

S/C/G: 198/190/165

I look forward to reading the updates to your thread joyfulloser....
Old 01-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #66  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Height: 5'3"

Hello!!! I was just stopping by to check in on ya. I got all my ingredients for my pumpkin muffins. Once I get a break for lunch today and get my muffin pans, I will have a great time on Monday making some dishes, wrapping and freezing them like I used to do (with the calories written on the ziplock bag.

You'll be the first to know how they turn out.

---
Your runs have been great! Get it GURL! I can't wait until I start running again. I only usually start running when I get that "light" feeling. I hope I get it soon though. I am ready for a change up in my exercise routine. Maybe even get in a little p90x tapes in a few days a week. I dont know what bone it is, but the bottom of my feet where the big toe and the foot connect... whew...I get arthritis in it and all the work that I have been doing on the elliptical I think is aggravating it. So its time to switch up and I would love, love love to start running again. Everytime I stop by and see your posts, I get excited about when I start running again as well. I want to give this foot a break, but I need to be effective as possible ... and we know that getting under 145 this month is the goal!

A chick's gotta do what a chick's gotta do!

Have a great day... and keep pushin!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-14-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:16 PM   #67  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Thanks SlimB & DediKayted!!!

Slim - make sure you remember to use cooking spray on muffin pan or else it will stick BAD...the recipe has no oil in it.

Hope you enjoy them!

Ok..sooo, I've been cooking all day...and here are the results:

1. Caribbean Curry Black Eyed Peas w/Plaintains - 124 cals., 115mg sodium
2. Jamaican Curry Chicken (boneless thighs) (made with homemade Jamaican Curry) - 303 cals.; 419 sodium
3. Shepherd's Pie (reduced sodium and fat version) - 316 cals; 440 mg

Ok...I've altered the recipes above to conform to a lower fat, sodium and calorie version of it's original. I've been cooking with "scotch bonnett" peppers and my left hand is on FIRE!!!! Donno what's going on there..but just thought I'd mention. LOL!

Once I've put in the recipes on my page at calorie count dot com, and figure out my serving sizes, I will post the calorie, fat and sodium counts here...and as always...MORE PICSSSSSSSSS!!!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 01-14-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:24 PM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulloser View Post
Thanks SlimB & DediKayted!!!

Slim - make sure you remember to use cooking spray on muffin pan or else it will stick BAD...the recipe has no oil in it.

Hope you enjoy them!

Ok..sooo, I've been cooking all day...and here are the results:

1. Caribbean Curry Black Eyed Peas w/Plaintains -
2. Jamaican Curry Chicken (boneless thighs) (made with homemade Jamaican Curry) -
3. Shepherd's Pie (reduced sodium and fat version) -

Ok...I've altered the recipes above to conform to a lower fat, sodium and calorie version of it's original. I've been cooking with "scotch bonnett" peppers and my left hand is on FIRE!!!! Donno what's going on there..but just thought I'd mention. LOL!

Once I've put in the recipes on my page at calorie count dot com, and figure out my serving sizes, I will post the calorie, fat and sodium counts here...and as always...MORE PICSSSSSSSSS!!!
I swear you have some Jamaican blood in you...lol

Curry? Scotch Bonnett pepper??? Only a Jamaican can totally relate to what you are saying!

Yeah mon!!!
Old 01-14-2011, 03:50 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 264.2/189/150

Quote:
Well Cinci, the title of this thread IS..."JOYFUL's JOURNEY to lose 26 lbs"...not EVERYBODY's JOURNEY to lose....
I'm quite literate, so I did not miss the title.

Quote:
I also post some really delishous, low calorie meals that are relatively easy to make and post pics of same. Help yourself to any of the wide variety of delectable culinary delights that I delight in sharing with my fellow 3FC'rs!
Your meals do sound tasty. More people would be able to enjoy them if they were in a recipe section. You're not reaching as wide of an audience with your own thread, and people are ignoring the good things you do have to say (people have already messaged me saying they've blocked you so they don't see your updates). You do have good things to say, but you're really limiting the spread of the information by putting that good information into a thread that most people ignore in the forum for calorie counting. I know it's tough to come across the right way on the internet, so I'm sorry if I sound mean. You do have good stuff to share.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:03 PM   #70  

Quote:
(people have already messaged me saying they've blocked you so they don't see your updates).
People do that?! Wow!!!
Old 01-14-2011, 04:33 PM   #71  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Quote:
Your meals do sound tasty.

...people are ignoring the good things you do have to say (people have already messaged me saying they've blocked you so they don't see your updates). You do have good things to say...
THEY ARE!!! THEY REALLY ARE!!!

No worries...you found me...right? Feel free to ask for any recipes you like, and I'll be more than happy to post it.

As far as the "people" who either "block" me or do not visit my "thread"...uhhhh...TOTALLY their LOSS...not mine...NOT CONCERNED with that whatsoever!!! My main focus is on my own health/weight...if I can help others on my journey...GREAT...if not...OK...I'm prepared to live with that.

This will be the end of "he said, she said" here. This is my "happy" place. Please take all further drama elsewhere.

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 01-14-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:37 PM   #72  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim CB View Post
I swear you have some Jamaican blood in you...lol

Curry? Scotch Bonnett pepper??? Only a Jamaican can totally relate to what you are saying!

Yeah mon!!!
Haha...I also got married in Jamaica!!! I think I may need to consult with my parents on this one...I REALLY LOVE Jamaican FOOD!!! I also have a great love for THAI and INDIAN foods. Unfortunately, it's hard to find low calorie Thai and Indian foods. As soon as I can figure out a way to doctor the higher fat recipes, I will definitely try those next.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:46 PM   #73  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
THEY ARE!!! THEY REALLY ARE!!!

No worries...you found me...right? Feel free to ask for any recipes you like, and I'll be more than happy to post it.

As far as the "people" who either "block" me or do not visit my "thread"...uhhhh...TOTALLY their LOSS...not mine...NOT CONCERNED with that whatsoever!!! My main focus is on my own health/weight...if I can help others on my journey...GREAT...if not...OK...I'm prepared to live with that.

This will be the end of "he said, she said" here. This is my "happy" place. Please take all further drama elsewhere.

Thanks for stopping by!!!
..and I am happy that you're here!!!

And being that you have only been journaling since the last week of December and you have almost 1100 views - Others may be finding your journal interesting too

Now back to our regularly scheduled program!

Losing weight, being healthy... but most importantly -- BEING HAPPY!
Old 01-14-2011, 04:50 PM   #74  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

So when is your next "refeed" meal?

Do you have a certain day that you weigh, weigh daily, or just weigh whenever?

I used to be a daily weigher. I didnt have a problem with it at first, but I will admit it definitely did play with my emotions on some days. I think if I didnt go to work so early on certain days - I would still be a daily weigher. I think it kept me on track and because I was kind of excited to see what the verdict would be the next day -- I would be less likelly to sneak a little extra snack at night!

-Just curious. I am always interested your refeed meal experiments!
Old 01-14-2011, 06:15 PM   #75  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Hey DEDIKAYTED!!! Not sure...I usually just eat it when I get a craving for more fat and calories (about once every two weeks). Also, I usually weigh-in once a week (Mondays), but when I'm doing one of my "experiments", I may weigh every day (for that week), just to see how my handles the changes I'm giving it.

Ok... as promised...PICTURESSSSS!!!!!!!!! haha!

1. Carribbean black eyed peas
2. Jamaican curried chicken w/peas, plaintain, spinach
3. Shepherd's Pie - Reduced calorie/fat
4. Oatmeal w/raisins & cinnamon

REVIEW:

Haven't tried the Shepherd's Pie yet, so nothing to report. I DID, however have the Jamaican curried chicken, spicey carribbean black eyed peas w/steamed plantain, spinach and in ALL HONESTY...It was RESTAURANT QUALITY Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelishous! It was so good, I will make my own CHEAT MEAL from now on instead of ordering take out...seriously! YUM!
Oatmeal - well what can I say...it's oatmeal, but I've cut the sugar down by adding 2 tsp of splenda, 1 tsp of brown sugar...and I thought a picture of Oatmeal on a FOAM Plate was worthy of a picture..haha!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0191.jpg (48.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0187.jpg (44.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0190.jpg (48.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0180.jpg (43.8 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by joyfulloser; 01-14-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Closed Thread