Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 06:01 PM   #31  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Thanks Dedikayted! My interview went great, but not sure the hours will work for me. Got another interview tomorrow...maybe better opportunity for me...

I'll try and not be anxious over it and GET SOME REST tonight! LOL!
Old 01-05-2011, 07:40 AM   #32  
I'm a SWIMMER!

This CRAZY...down to 173.0 lbs this morning..who knew!!!

Breakfast - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/4 cup raisin, dash of sea salt, 1 tsp brown sugar, 2 tsp splenda, cinammon - 300 cals.
Snack - Green salad, fresh spinach w/grilled chicken, 1 tbsp feta, 2 tbsp light ranch, 1 tbsp cranberry, 3 cherry tomatoes - 250 cals.
Lunch -Mango Chicken over brown rice, green bean w/almonds - 330 cals.
Snack - pumpkin raisin muffin - 139 cals.
Dinner -Sauted Chicken breast in white wine herb sauce over spinach, 1/4 cup baked sweet potato - 350 cals.
Snack - Activia Yogart - 70 cals.
Snack - Clementine - 24 cals.

Total Calories: 1,463 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - 4.2 miles

I don't normally weigh myself everyday like this, but I was waking up all night long going to the bathroom. When this happens, I'm usually up for a Whooosh, so I had to check..couldn't wait until Monday!

Another job interview today...actually, two appts today. Will try to get my run in between the two or will make it for this evening. Hopefully, I will be able to knock out my goal today of 5 miles...woot!

*UPDATE* Job interview went GREAT...hours are much better than last interview...and most impressive, dress code is JEANS and SNEAKERS!!!! Woot! Really hope I get this job

Last edited by joyfulloser; 01-05-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:48 PM   #33  
I'm a SWIMMER!

I'm really annoyed with myself today! I spend all this time making and preparing these nice delishous meals and now some of them are starting to GO BAD!!! I should've put them in the freezer...what in the world was I thinking??? Ugggghhhh...fortunately, only 3 dinners have gone bad (but they are my beloved MANGO chicken..grrrrrhhhhh! The sauted chicken seems ok, so I put the rest of those in the freezer. Hope I'm not too late!

Lesson learned...FREEEEEEEZE!
Old 01-05-2011, 09:31 PM   #34  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Height: 5'3"

Oh yes.. definitely freeze those dinners! That's what I do with my dishes that I make. I hate cooking daily, so I definitely freeze my dishes so they dont go to waste. Plus, sometimes I think that I am going to eat xyz on MOnday, and then if I dont feel like eating it, its just sitting there about to go to waste in the fridge and I hate that. I never know what my stomach is going to want, so I don't play around with it anymore. Some days all day long I think I am going to eat a certain, premade scrumptuous meal thats waiting in the fridge.. and then I get home and just want to enjoy a bowl of oatmeal ... Crazy, I know...

Woman!!! You are rolling on the weightloss!! Keep it up!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:46 AM   #35  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Ok..so still hanging in there at 173.0!

Thanks Dedikayted...I'm over it...I guess it was just a lesson that had to be learned!

Breakfast - 3 whole wheat cinnamon raisin pancakes w/sf syrup, 1 veggie pattie - 350 cals.
Snack - medium banana - 100 cals.
Lunch - Green spring salad, fresh spinach, 1 tbsp feta, 1 tbsp cranberry, 2 tbsp light ranch, fresh ground pepper, 3 oz grilled chicken breast - 250 cals.
Snack - Clementine - 24 cals.
Dinner - Sauted chicken in white wine herb sauce over a bed of spinach, 1/4 cup baked sweet potato - 350 cals.
Snack - 1/4 cup fresh mango - 26 cals.
Snack - Large Navel Orange - 100 cals.

Total Calories: 1,478 cals.

EXERCISE:

No running - Lots of HOUSECLEANING!

Today is CLEAN UP day at home for me. Really NEED to get organized....badly

Last edited by joyfulloser; 01-06-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:36 AM   #36  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Breakfast - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/4 cup raisin, 1 tsp brown sugar, 2 tsp splenda, dash sea salt, cinnamon - 300 cals.
Lunch - Sauted Chicken in herb white wine sauce over quinoa & asparagus, 1/4 cup sweet potato - 350 cals.
Snack - large navel orange - 100 cals.
Dinner - **CHEAT MEAL** - JAMAICAN FOOD...YEAHHHH - 800 cals.
Snack - Activia yogart - 70 cals.

Total Calories: 1,659 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - 4.7 miles (***RECORD HIGH MILEAGE TODAY****WOOOOOT!!!!!)

I just need to comment on how DELISHOUS my take-out Jamaican Food dinner was. I ate authentic curried chicken, peas & rice and steamed cabbage...my absolute favorite! I savored each and every bite. This is why I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cheat meal....fatty foods never tasted so good as when you don't often eat them...

Last edited by joyfulloser; 01-07-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

WTG on the run!! That's just a stone's throw from 5 miles!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 05:53 PM   #38  
emaline29

S/C/G: 226/202/154

Height: 4'11"

Wow! That's good going girl!!
Such a low calorie intake with all that exercise. I am on 1000 but not able to do exercise but I do manage a steady loss on that. Don't think I could cope on any less.

Last edited by emaline29; 01-07-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:00 PM   #39  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Thanks Jen!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaline29 View Post
Wow! That's good going girl!!
Such a low calorie intake with all that exercise. I am on 1000 but not able to do exercise but I do manage a steady loss on that. Don't think I could cope on any less.
Uhhh...my calorie intake is about 1500-1800 cals...I think you were looking at my last entry before I put in my 800 calorie dinner..haha! Thanks anyhoot!
Old 01-07-2011, 09:09 PM   #40  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Honestly...if I gain 5 lbs from my cheat meal tonight...it won't even bother me...it was sooooooooooooo worth it! aaahhhhhhh...mmmmmmmmmmmm....soooo good...seriously...LOL!
Old 01-08-2011, 07:57 AM   #41  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Weight after cheat meal - 174.6. My weight always goes up about a 1lb after a cheat meal and then drops below my lowest weight 2 days later. We'll see if this happens yet again.

Mkay...back on track today

Breakfast - pumpkin raisin muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean turkey sausage links - 219 cals.
Snack - NONE
Lunch - Sauted chicken in white wine herb sauce over quinoa & asparagus, 1/4 cup baked sweet potato - 350 cals.
Snack - Atkins Protein Bar - Choco-peanut butter - 240 cals.
Dinner - Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin over brown rice, brocolli - 350 cals.
Snack - banana - 100 cals.

Total Calories: 1498 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - 3.4 miles (Rough Run, but I made it..whew!)

Today was a GREAT day! Put pot roast in the double crock pot (another recipe book meal which called for 1/2 cup coffee? I only had Dunk'n Donuts hazelnut...soooo, we'll see how that turns out..lol), and cooked the pork tenderloin (that had been marinating all night in my recipe book marinade) all while out the entire day (enjoying it with my daughter)....aaahhh...finally finding some balance!

The tenderloin came out superb! YUM! Very pleased. But after eating it for dinner tonight, I was only able to put away 4 meals for myself out of it. My daughter LOVES it too, so of course I had to save a portion for her...she even liked the brown rice and brocolli with it. Score 1 for MOM!!!! Woot!

*EDIT* - Seems I'm batting 2 for 2 today. The pot roast was AWESOME!!!! Gonna portion it out and put in the FREEZER this time I think I'll add some green beans as a side dish...YES..I think green beans will go well with that.

Tomorrow, I'm gonna prepare some tuna for the week (bought some flax wraps that are only 50 cals) with fresh dill, onions, fresh ground pepper, etc. and make some more grilled chix for the freezer, sesame chicken w/rice sticks or chinese noodles and veggies, and of course, more PUMPKIN MUFFINS!!! Good thing tomorrow is REST DAY..haha...love cookin on Sundays!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 01-08-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:45 AM   #42  
I'm a SWIMMER!

Weight back down - 173.2 lbs. Exactly as expected! If my CHEAT MEAL has worked exactly as expected, my weight will be down to 172 by tomorrow (breaking my lowest weight of 173.0 by at least a pound). Stay tuned....

Breakfast - pumpkin raisin muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey sausage links - 219 cals.
Snack - NONE
Lunch - 4oz Bottom Round Pot Roast with potato, carrot, mushroom, peas, green bean almondine - 350 cals.
Snack - Atkins Protein choco-peanut butter bar - 240 cals.
Dinner - Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin over brown rice, brocolli - 350 cals.
Snack - Pumpkin raisin muffin - 139 cals.
Snack - pickin and testing foods cooked - 50 cals.
Snack - Slightly larger Pumpkin Raisin Muffin (new batch) - 149 cals.

Total Calories: 1,597 cals.

EXERCISE:

REST DAY

Again, today is my REST day....aaaahhhh...my reward for all my hard work this week. This is not to say that I won't be playing Wii Just Dance 2 with my daughter..haha

*EDIT* Well...daughter and I were out all day...aaahhh good times! In between "drivin me nuts" we actually did have a pretty good day! Just finished all my cookin...made sesame chicken over rice sticks and green bean almondine..YUM! Made the marinade for my mock Mcdonalds Grilled Chicken, made my delishous weekly staple of PUMPKIN Raisin muffins AND made a really great big ol troth of TUNA! I got really creative and put all sorts of stuff in it...yogart, low fat mayo, fresh dill, parsley, onions, cucumbers, lemon, lemon zest, fresh ground pepper, fresh garlic...yummm...

Well, I'm actually exhausted from all that cookin. Just waiting for muffins to finish cooking and then I'm packin them away and going to BED! I'm going to do some really good eating this week. Let's recap. I made the following:

1. Slow cooker (Crockpot) Bottom Round Pot Roast w/potatoes, carrots, onion, peas, mushrooms, side of green beans.
2. Teriyaki pork tenderloin over brown rice, side of brocolli
3. Sesame Chicken over rice sticks, side of green bean almondine
4. Tuna wrap with fresh spinach salad covered in walnuts & rasberry vinegrette!
5. Mock Mcdonalds Grilled chicken breasts (which I store in freezer for salads & snacks)

Yup...I'd say this week in food is looking GREAT! I'll post some food pics tomorrow.

Last edited by joyfulloser; 01-09-2011 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:18 AM   #43  
I'm a SWIMMER!

WEIGH-IN DAY - 171.8 lbs!!!!! Woot! Alright...I'm pretty clear on the CHEAT MEAL verdict....ya know...the concept that it revvs up your metabolism, etc., etc. IT WORKS...PERIOD! Totally as expected (as you will see in my last couple of posts). I weighed myself every after my cheat meal to watch the reaction of my body. As expected, I had a 1lb gain the following day, then just about back to starting weight on 2nd day, following by a significant drop on the 3rd day. Hope my experiment helps someone.

Breakfast - Cinnamon Raisin whole wheat pancakes (3), sf syrup, morning star veggie patty - 365 cals.
Snack - pumpkin muffin (old batch) - 139 cals.
Lunch - Tuna wrap w/spring veggies on 50 calorie flax bread, spinach salad w/walnut, cranberry and low fat/cal rasberry vinegrette! YUM! - 330 cals.
Snack - Activia Light Yogart - 70 cals.
Dinner - Sesame Chicken over rice sticks, green bean almondine - 400 cals.
Snack - 1/2 whole pineapple - 117 cals.

Total Calories: 1,421 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - 4.5 miles (semi-tough run...was going for the 5 mile)
Well...I guess that gives me something to shoot for. Why I'm probably going to hate it when I finally reach my goal of running 5 straight miles...cuz then that'll mean now I've gotta start adding incline! LOL!

Last edited by joyfulloser; 01-10-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:01 AM   #44  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulloser View Post
WEIGH-IN DAY - 171.8 lbs!!!!! Woot! Alright...I'm pretty clear on the CHEAT MEAL verdict....ya know...the concept that it revvs up your metabolism, etc., etc. IT WORKS...PERIOD! Totally as expected (as you will see in my last couple of posts). I weighed myself every after my cheat meal to watch the reaction of my body. As expected, I had a 1lb gain the following day, then just about back to starting weight on 2nd day, following by a significant drop on the 3rd day. Hope my experiment helps someone.
Just thought I'd stop by to see how you are doing and LOOKIE THERE!!! 171.8!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! You are working the heck out of your plan! I love it!!

Its also great to hear about your cheat meal and how it is working nicely with shocking your body. I will most definitely keep this in mind when I am being too strict on myself. I really gotta lighten up sometimes!

Keep going! You're doing great! Hellllllllo 160's!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-10-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #45  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

OH!!! Before I forget.. Can I get your Pumpkin Raisin recipe!?

Thanks a bunch!!!
Closed Thread