Old 04-19-2014, 11:31 AM   #136  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Ubee— Quick!! You need to GIVE AWAY those cookies. Take them to your nearest neighbor. Or to a church, Salvation Army, women's shelter, Goodwill, other charitable institution. Or any other place where people congregate and will make the cookies disappear in a hurry. If you're stuck for what to do with them, leave them on a park bench. Or crumble them up and scatter them in a field for the little beasties to consume.

Your household is gluten-free. Those cookies are 100% off-limits. They are not for you. They are toxic and evil (but don't tell anyone else that =laugh=).

Apologies for sounding stern, but when it comes to cookies, one must be very careful to protect one's boundaries against intrusion by the Yummy Menace.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:44 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

Hey all, hope you are doing well.

I've been resting my knee for the past few days, it's kind of messed up, but not sure what I did to it. At least I'm off on a long weekend from work though.

And now I'm sick with a cold. Blah just waiting for this year to improve.
time4me2change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:07 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey Everyone,

Just finished working out and thought I'd check in with everyone....I am feeling better now that I am taking my birth control at night. I am a little frustrated that the doctor never called me though. Oh well I guess...

This week has not been a good week for me eating wise. Last night was a disaster...I went over to my neighbors house and when I came home I was so hungry even though I had eaten dinner an hour or so before hand and ended up making a chicken salad sandwich, ate some cottage cheese, had some chips...yeah....not good at all. I think I haven't been much on plan because I didn't go grocery shopping this week until today so my food was limited....that's no excuse and I'm going going to do that again lol...Ends up getting me in trouble. I'll be surprised if I have a loss at all this week.

Fi Thank you so much! I kinda can't believe the differences myself. I am taking measurements now and that has helped me when I have weeks when I don't lose quite as much as I would have hoped. Hoping this week my measurements look good since I haven't eaten the best.

Dean Totally feel you when it comes to restraint. I've been craving this week going to the mexican bakery by my house and getting a treat, but I know I wouldn't be able to pick just one lol

Betsy Great job on the milestone!! Fritos and easter candy sounds so good lol but good job on not giving in!!

DH and I got to go to the farmer's market today. The only organic stuff that was out when we got there were some strawberries. There was only a .25 difference so I got them. Can't wait to try them and maybe I'll buy more than one quart next weekend. I still need to tackle this house...that's one thing I hate doing is house work...I'm a poor excuse for a DW, and so is DH LOL....He's kind of the house wife since he's disabled and I go to work, but when the weekend comes I have a hard time being motivated to do anything...at least I do work on getting my work outs in. I've only been able to work out 3 times this week because of being sick, but that's better than nothing.

DH suggested going for a walk on the beach tomorrow since we don't celebrate Easter. It made me happy that he actually wanted to go so I'm pretty excited. Hoping the weather permits...

Take care everyone! I'll be back sometime tomorrow for a quick check in to let you know if I actually had a loss this week. Fingers crossed!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:19 PM   #139  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ Thanks, Im feeling better with each passing day so I hope Im back to being 100% soon.

Betsy ~ Yeah your right its not enjoyable to walk when you have a cold

Fiona ~ Thanks

I have been keeping up with my walking even with my cold so Im proud of myself
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:00 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning and Happy Easter!
gurl and Fi thank you so much for your response! I logged on yesterday after but did not post. I took advice from both of you. In the process I think I may have come upon a huge discovery. I sat down with the big plate of cookies and a cup of coffee. However, this time I had my husband sit down with me. We shared the fancy sheep one and each had a small cutout. We ate slowly and enjoyed them. I then wrapped them back up and we went for a drive. We met my daughter as she was leaving work and asked her to take them to a family we know that could use a boost. My husband and I then went out for a nice salad and came home to a cookie less house. So the trick for me may be to involve my husband.
Terra you should be proud of yourself! Do you have any plans for today?
Sam a walk on the beach sounds lovely. I hope it all works out.
Melissa hope you feel better soon.
Have a peaceful day.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:12 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Happy Easter for those of you who celebrate. The family is due here in a couple of hours, but I think everything is in pretty good shape. Just need to make the deviled eggs and peel the potatoes to be mashed later. I'm having parmesan asparagus and green beans to help me fill up on the "good" stuff.....although the whole family loves the asparagus so I doubt if there will be any left over. Love the holiday meals together. Hate the house cleaning involved to get ready for things.

Ubee What a great solution to involve your husband -- especially now that you two actually get to have some time together. You created a very pleasant time, refrained from over doing on the cookies, and made someone else very happy. Talk about a win-win.
Terra Glad you're feeling some better and good for you to keep on walking in spite of it.
Sam A beach walk sounds so wonderful -- especially during spring in the South. Hope you're able to do it and can enjoy it. Good luck with the weigh in.
Time4Me Glad you checked in as I was wondering if you were doing ok......and it sounds as though you're having your ups and downs with how you're feeling. Hope that things are much better after a long weekend.
Fi Love your post to Ubee and calling it the Yummy Menace. Hhhmmmm -- maybe putting a name to it will help with the resistance problem. How's the cutting and straightening coming along? Sounded like a lot of work!
Gurl Yes, sticking to it consistently really does work. It's the consistently part I'm struggling with. Good job.

Here's a new exercise routine for everyone. Get a puppy who quickly grows into a very large dog (he's currently at 80 pounds). Buy him a new Kong toy. Follow the directions and initially fill it with dry kibble and treats so that he gets the idea of getting things out of the hole. Watch him discover that dropping it at the top of the steps to the basement will result in some of the treats falling out. Repeat at least 3 more times. What's the exercise part? Since you're having company, you have to get out the vacuum cleaner and redo the steps so that treat bits don't get dragged all over the house! I'd better get it in gear. Have a great day everyone.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:12 PM   #142  
rockin' my 60s!

I was going through some old photos for an online friend, so I thought I'd show you what I look like as an adult. I'm very averse to cameras, so I don't have much. This one was when I was close to my current weight, somewhere in the 280s, I think. This one was when I had starved myself down to 230 in 2001. My eyes are sort of a slatey-blue with a darker blue ring around the iris. And I can't resist showing you my favorite photo of Bob (isn't he a cutie?), taken in the 1980s. Like most men (what is it with them?), he's barely aged a bit, except that his beard is now mostly white and his long hair shot through with lots of silver. My own hair is usually shorter than his, but always long enough to be down over my shoulders. It has a few dozen white hairs in it, but no one can ever see them, no matter how hard I try to point them out, because I have so many shades of blonde mixed together, they just look like the blonder hairs. (By the way, not a drop of peroxide or the equivalent has ever been near my hair. I have a thing about being a natural blonde, even if that blonde gets rather dark when I haven't had it in the sun for a while. My genetics are Scandinavian...)

Now come on, y'all: share some photos! Or at least describe what you look like....

I'm doing well, taking time off from the BERP today for some collage work.

Last edited by Fiona W; 04-20-2014 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:03 AM   #143  
Turning Into A New Woman

Ubee ~ My family and I made an Easter dinner and thats what we did for Easter today, When my brother gets back into town We're gonna go over to his place and give the kids their easter baskets from all of us.

Betsy ~ Yeah I feeling even better today so thats good
Old 04-21-2014, 07:12 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 304/283/190

Height: 5'11"

Good Monday Morning!

Had a nice Easter(showed tremendous restraint on the candy/cookie front) and we walked the greenway a pretty good bit. Weather was WONDERFUL.

Hazelnut coffee is on, and I'm down about a pound... Better than being up!

Have a great week!

Dean
vwdeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:38 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Looks like when I posted yesterday it didn't go through...I was having internet problems so I'll just post again!

Lost a pound this week. Not bad, was hoping for more but considering the off plan eating I did last week I'm still pretty happy. I'm back on plan this morning, had my oatmeal and enjoying a cup of coffee. I tried to stop drinking coffee completely to see how it would affect my weight loss but I only have 1 cup a day, it can't possibly be that bad when I don't put hardly any sugar or cream in it.

I'm so tired today, more so than usual, and I got a good nights sleep....my TOM decided to visit me so maybe that's what it is from....

Hope everyone had a good Easter! DH and I stayed home instead of going to the beach because of the rain and we both weren't feeling too great yesterday. Maybe we'll try again for this weekend.

I'm off to be productive at work, though I don't have the energy lol..Have a great day everyone!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:52 AM   #146  

Good Morning!
Sam good job on the pound down. I always had to take a nap when TOM was. So glad to be done with that! Hope you get your energy back soon.
Dean it is always so nice to absorb your positive energy in the morning!
Terra sounds like a nice day. Will you be hiding the kids baskets?
Fi you and Bob are so cute! Thanks for sharing! As for me brown eyes, brown hair with natural red highlights and too much gray. Large face and neck with a lot of wrinkles. Total apple shape. I look average not pretty, not scary.
Betsy you are such a good doggy mama! I tried to make tons of veggies also. The in laws came and complained about having to eat diet food and then made pigs out of themselves. No leftovers for today.
My scale is still creeping up. My husband suggested I go back to what works. DUH! Why do I need someone to point that out? Guess he didn't marry me for my brains. So, back to what works. What was that again?
Old 04-21-2014, 12:19 PM   #147  
rockin' my 60s!

I'm pushing hard on the BERP (Big Entropy Reduction Project) today, clip-clip-clipping away through stacks of magazines & catalogs. This is going to be my life for quite a few weeks to come—maybe I should call it the Huge, or the Ginormous, Entropy Reduction Project!—but I'm settling into the rhythm of it. I listen to rock-n-roll, of course, and at least while I'm clipping, I'm sitting down, so my back doesn't hurt. My right shoulder is complaining some from all the scissors work, but yesterday's break seems to have allowed the muscles to recover & strengthen. I may end up looking rather lopsided by the time this is over! =laugh=

Today was my weigh-in: since I bumped up to 286 in March, today's 282 is a loss of 4 lbs. for the month. That may not seem like much to show for all my low-carb days, but I cheated a few times by overdoing it with the muesli. You guys keep calling me "strong," but you see? I'm really not. Atkins works well when you stick to it, but when you add additional carbs, it comes to a screeching halt. I know this from experience. There's nothing to be done for it but to stick to my guns about having only 1/4 cup of muesli a day. It would be so much easier if I could just drop the muesli entirely, but I've tried that twice, and both times I developed bad depression pain. =sigh= So I'm having to learn moderation, which is much harder to master than abstaining entirely. At least I got to change my ticker.

But you know what? I hate to admit it here, but weight loss is not even close to being my #1 priority. Maintaining an even keel, mood-wise, is always #1—since I become totally useless when depressed or manic—and now the kittens are a strong #2. They won't have room to run and play in a house choked with paper, so...there you go...I got a new batch of pictures from the breeder, too, who says they're "growing like weeds and opening their eyes." All I have to do is think of those cute little orange fur-balls, and my focus on the BERP is laser-sharp.

'Hope you guys did OK with the Easter candy challenges. Congratulations, Ubee, on giving away almost all those cookies! Thanks for the sweet comment about the pics of our long-haired duo.

Happy Earth Day, everyone! I've been celebrating it ever since the very first one, in 1970, when I was a silly-billy teenybopper.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:33 PM   #148  
Turning Into A New Woman

Ubee ~ Yeah it was a nice day, Nope I wont be hiding the baskets, They will have already done an easter egg hunt.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:26 PM   #149  

Good Afternoon!
Just got done with a great walk! Yes Terra, you and Clyde were with me and we took turns carrying him!
Fi YOU ARE STRONG! Congrats on 4 pounds down!! Weightloss is so not #1 on my list. I am starting to move it up my list because it does affect my #1 family. I can not wait to see more pictures of your kitties. Mine looks and acts like Garfield.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:32 PM   #150  
rockin' my 60s!

Ubee— Since you asked, =smile= here are the three new pics of the kittens and their mom, whose name is Cherry: one, two, and three. The first one may look like it's truncated, but it's not.

Oh, and by the way, folks, I screwed up about what day it was: I was so eager for my weigh-in on the 22nd, I weighed myself a day early, on the 21st. Why is this of any interest to anyone? Because tomorrow, Tuesday, is Earth Day.

I was wondering why my radio station wasn't playing Earth-related songs all day like they had announced they would! Duh...

Last edited by Fiona W; 04-21-2014 at 10:32 PM.