Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 02:19 PM   #16  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Catherine - thanks for the info. i LOVE curry anyway. i will definately keep all your tips in mind

ok kids. i need your help. im looking for good places in New York, Miami, Memphis, and Des Moines, IA to advertise casting for the biggest loser in those areas. if anyone knows of any local papers or good places to advertise, send me a PM thanks!!
Old 08-13-2007, 02:51 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

For NY and Miami, definitely use craigslist.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:01 PM   #18  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

wyllenn - can't remember if I said but you look great in your new photo!

Well Everyone, I was down 3 lbs this week and I'm happy because I get to move my ticker and everything, but in reality I didn't lose much this week because I was 266 the day after weigh in last week.

Haha, not upset though because moving the ticker is satisfying enough, and I know I switched up my exercise routine big time this week and I tend to retain water for muscle repair when that happens.

Hope everyone starts off the week on a good foot. I'm about to go out for a walk to Whole Foods, which is 4 mies round trip.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:19 PM   #19  

Congratulations on the progress everyone! I'm still here, and hubby started Jenny Craig with me yesterday, so now we're on a level playing field and I don't have to smell his yummy food!

I'm sure I'll hate him shortly for his extremely quick weight loss, but ah well.

Too add to the mix, we're all sick this weekend. My 3.5 mo old has his first cold, poor babe, and we came down with it a couple days later. Other than a few cough drops and some honey in my tea for a miserably sore throat, I've managed to stick to plan! Yeah me!
Old 08-13-2007, 04:21 PM   #20  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Luan-You might try emailing the leaders of the local TOPs, OA, and Weight Watchers groups. They have newsletters sometimes, and that would be a targeted audience. I'd also hit the college newspapers.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:12 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Hi all. just check in. Sorta got derailed after thursday to the point I refuse to go near a scale. Back on track today and working OT too. But I'm really hungry today and I don't know why it takes everything to just get to my next meal time.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:23 PM   #22  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Hi all!
I whimped out on the BL casting call, on the excuse that my cousin & kids were in town from Seattle. Still thinking about the video, but when I think of the odds, I wilt.

On the up side, although I had a blow-out dinner last night, I had agreat day today. Even started by getting up and putting my free weights back in to service. I was headed for the treadmill, but the weights intervened.

Off to bed, before I ruin a good thing.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:32 PM   #23  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

VALERIE!!! DO IT!!! i swear we have SO few entries right now!!! just TRY!!!
Old 08-13-2007, 11:55 PM   #24  
Lisa

S/C/G: 287/See Tracker/180

Height: 5'9"

Hi Everyone!

It's been a long time since I joined in. Things are going well for me. Since I last popped in, I have lost another 11 lbs, brining my total weight loss to 51 lbs. I am staying on liquids mostly, but often have a small salad or something once or twice during the week so I can have something to chew. I still have about 50 lbs left to lose, so it looks like 5 more months of liquids. I'm having a hard time staying focused on it. I'm ready to eat real food again, but that is a long time away. I have been working exercise into my plan. I usually swim 3 to 4 times a week, 45 minutes, 60 laps. That burns about 600 calories and I am only taking in 800 on the liquid diet. It was getting pretty hard on me because I would be totally wiped out by about noon, so the doctor told me to dial it down and reduce the exercise until I start eating again. I still exercise for 30 minutes, but that's about it.

Things are going pretty well at work. My boss was yelling at me on Monday and then called me on Tuesday and gave me a raise. Go figure! I'll take it! The ankle is basically healed from the break in April - still a little sore, but basically back to normal.

I hope everyone is doing well. I'll pop back in soon.

Oh - by the way, the picture on my Avitar is from 2000. When I loaded it on this website, I couldn't fit into that pink shirt. Now it is a little loose! Can't complain about that!

Lisa
Old 08-14-2007, 12:46 AM   #25  
The Story Re-Written

S/C/G: 384/227/180-235

Height: 6ft 4in

Hi All~

I finally made it back here. I got my laptop back and man, they cleaned the thing, however they failed to fix my speakers...oh well, I am not going to complain about it. I have my baby back!!!

Wanted to let all yas know that I was finally able to have my band filled on the 7th and I have managed to stop losing and gaining the same 1-2 pounds and have lost 7 this week. I am amazed everytime I step on my scale these days.

My boyfriend and I celebrated our 5th anniversary on the 13th. Seems like we have been together forever, and not always in the good sense. And I am looking forward to my birthday on the 15th. I didn't want to have to spend another birthday being over 400lbs. and this year I don't.

I even took back a little part of my life and after not having gone in almost 10years, I went to the movies a couple of weeks ago and am planning on going again this Friday.

Okay, well, I don't want to make this any longer and bore the tears from yas.

I hope everyone is doing well this week!

Story
Old 08-14-2007, 07:49 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 305/282/199

Height: 5'6"

Talking Stuck, but not panicing!! Keep Laughing--it's good for you and has no calories.

This was the kind of week where I thought I did OK, but the scale sings a different song.
I'm still at 290, but I know that'll change. Body's going through a lot of changes as I develope some new life style habits, so we're gonna keep on keeping on and remember to laugh--at myself as well as at life!!

Meanwhile, here's another one of my favorites--ENJOY!!

Two nuns were traveling through Europe in their car, and ended up in Transylvania. As they are stopped at a traffic light, out of nowhere a vampire jumps onto the hood of the car and hisses at them through the windshield.
The first nun shouts “What should we do-- what should we do?”
“Turn the windshield-wipers on”, the second nun cries, “that should get rid of him”
The nun behind the wheel turns on the wipers, but he hangs on and continues hissing at them.
“What shall I do now?” She shouts.
“I know” says the second nun. “Try the windshield washer; I filled it with holy water before we left the Vatican.”
But the persistent little bugger still hangs on to the car, hissing and trying his best to get to them.
Close to despair, the first nun says “Now what, we’ve got to do something quick.”
“I’m out of ideas, but you could maybe show him your cross” says the second nun.
So the first nun gives her friend a funny look, leans out of the car-window, takes a deep breath and screams:
“Get the h_ll off our car, a__hole!”
Old 08-14-2007, 07:53 AM   #27  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Hi all. I just wanted to check in because I know if I don't it'll be that much easier to go back into lurk mode.

Got on the scale this morning and saw I am down three pounds which I am happy about. I'm going through a tough time right now so I'm trying my best to stay focused. My boyfriend just joined the Army and after only a week, I'm missing him like crazy. I'm trying to educate myself on the military lifestyle because I am completely clueless. But I'm 3 pounds down nonetheless. Official weigh in on Saturday.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:53 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

tracey -- sounds like you need to find a military so support group too! They can probably help you deal with some of the issues that come up!

Congrats on those losses, ladies!
Old 08-14-2007, 10:43 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Stop the world I want to get off and go back to bed.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:43 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone,

Dinner last night went well. I enjoyed the food, but didn't go crazy. At some point after my company left, I realized I hadn't even thought to dig into the leftovers. In the past, I would have been picking at the leftovers immediately after the company left. Now, I have a nice lunch for myself today and no more. That is good, I planned just the right amount of food.

I'm down one more pound today.

My friends haven't seen me since I started my eating plan, and didn't notice the loss. No one has mentioned anything yet. I've been at this weight many times before, though. Once I get below 300 I think it will start to be noticeable to others. You know you're fat when no one notices a 25 lb. loss.
Closed Thread