Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 10:13 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning everyone,

Ammi: Hugs. Sorry that your bootie is so sore. lol. I can think of another one that has changed for you. You walk a lot without pain and you look forward to it! Before you were talking about taxi rides lots and lots more! You are doing so well, keep up the great work. It is so nice to have you posting again. You are such an inspiration and a great positive sweet person. Hugs.

Amy: Amieeeeeee I am so happy you are back. There have been soooo many times when I wonder how you are and praying that you are doing okay. I can honestly say that I have been praying for you and thinking about you ever since your sad loss last year and then you disappeared. I understand your sadness but if you ever leave like that again without telling us..... well, I will have to spank you! Hugs sweetie and I am so, so glad you are back. I was so hoping that when you moved to be closer to Nat your good habits would rub off on him. There is still time and I hope that Nat will do the WW diet with you. Glad you are back!

Sharon: Yeah for you going back on liquids for a bit more. I am so happy for you hun. I know how badly you wanted to go back on liquids. GOod luck.

Meta: Wonderful reflection on what used to be and is no more! Just like smoking some day your tummy will turn at the thought of binge eating just like it does on smoking now! Hugs.

Well, everyone else hope you are well. I am fine and getting ready for a busy day today.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 07-25-2007, 10:20 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Oops, I forgot a couple of comments that I wanted to make from the other page. lol.

Boodytoo: Sorry you have been down in the dumps. Hugs to you hun.

Brenda: Don't work too hard.

Ratkitty: Sorry that you are hating your CPAP after loosing so much weight. Hopefully it will happen soon.

Peggy: Wahooo on another -4 pounds. You are doing soooo well! I love your NSV's on the chocolate and the shorts too! Hugs.

Catherine: Where are you?

Okay, I feel better now. lol.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 07-25-2007, 10:25 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Everyone!

Ok...since yesterday...this is the 4th frickin time I have tried to post!!
I will try to remember what I wanted to say, and I apologize in advance for leaving anyone out!

CONGRATS ANNIE~WAY TO GO GIRL!!
I am so proud and inspired by you!

Katie: This is a great place for advice and friendship!!

Brenda: EWWWWW...that mud does NOT look like fun! But I bet the concert was worth it mud and all!!

Ammi: I missed your humor and am glad to "see" you!! I hope all is well and your hiney feels better soon!

BattleAx: I am glad the flight went well. It's so funny that moms can be talking about dieting one minute and then handing out cookies the next!! Mine is that way too. Just remember it is all done out of love . Understanding that makes it a little easier.

Violette: back.

I have some good news to report ...

I got a new car! It's the new Kia Rondo...it's so cool!! I will post pics soon. The good thing is that my family will definately be losing weight, because there is no money left for food!!!

And I had a NSV...I went to the Avenue (with a coupon of course~clothes are so darn expensive there!) I was feeling brave, so I bought 2 different pairs of capri's in a SIZE 24!!! I got them home and tried the 1st ones to find that I can get them on but not close them. Ok. Then I tried the other ones...{gasp}THEY FIT!! Tightly, but I can still breathe and move! I feel I need to will wait a little longer to wear them out of the house, but I can't believe it!! I haven't been a 24 since before I had Sammi (she will be 13 in Sept). I am debating taking back the ones that don't close...or should I keep them...any suggestions??

I also got a new dvd that has chair exercises. I thought it would be lame, but it's pretty good, and it actually kicked my butt! It's 45 mins long, with all types of people doing it. I was actually a little embarrassed that the old woman and man did better than me!! Sheesh, how's that for inspiration!!

I hope everyone has a Great Op Day!

Last edited by MamaBplus3; 07-25-2007 at 02:08 PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:15 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Morning all dang its busy already.

Voodoo thanks and no didn't sound ruded at all.

Violet- welcome back

Donna- I say keep them and use them as motviation.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:07 PM   #50  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Annie-Hey, I'm still here. I've just been getting caught up on stuff that got pushed aside during my crazy week and a half of football and soccer games. When I'm resting, it's easy to sit on the computer. It's harder when mowing or doing laundry, or school work. When it's hot, I go to the mall and sit in these really nice lounge with leather sofas to study. I'm 3/4'ths of the way through now, and getting ready to start my last BA class. I hope to get them both finished by September so I can concentrate on my Masters classes. I got a new backpack yesterday. I can't remember the last time I got a new one for myself that wasn't a hand-me-down. I guess in college 25 or so years ago. I have such a bad back, and have been having trouble with bursitis in my shoulders, so the text books were getting the best of me. I got an obusforme. They make all those special back chairs and supports, and make a line of ergonomic backpacks. I got the last one left of last year's models for half price, so I allowed myself to spend the money. I actually put my old pack inside the new one to come home, and it was like I didn't have anything on my back at all. Now I am seriously ready to start school in the fall.

I'm still staying OP without any problems, which in and of itself should make me nervous. I've got more mowing to do today. We keep getting rain here, and with the sun shining 20 hours a day practically, the grass goes nuts. My raspberry bushes are loving it too. Himself wanted raspberry pancakes, so I bought him a box of just add water pancake mix, so that he can make his own, without dragging me into it. If he wants to cheat, he can, he just has to go out to do it, or cook it himself. He's lost 10 pounds so far, so isn't complaining.

I've got to walk over to the gas station on the corner to get gas to finish the condo grounds. He offered to do it on his way to the bank, but I told him if he walked into the bank with a can of gasoline, someone would freak out. We just had a horrible fire over the weekend. They are building homes here so quickly, and so close together with vinyl siding, and not much fire protection under it, and a half completed condo unit went up, and took a whole row of homes next to it out. It left over 100 people homeless and about twice that with severe damage. Most made it out with just their PJ's on. The Red Cross is having to replace glasses and dentures even that people left behind. Thankfully, no one was killed, and considering it started at 5am, and spread so fast and hot, that is truly a miracle. They reported today that it was arson, so walking around with gas cans here is going to look funny for awhile. Housing is so tight here that we've got a tent city with 200 people living in it down by the big homeless shelter, so it is going to be hard for them to find somewhere else to live.

Well, I have to get to work. I'm told that work is very good for me, and very good for my diet too.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:31 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone,

I'm back from my trip. Yesterday was a very bad eating day, but I'm back OP today. Just came back from the store, where I bought some nice foods to eat today.

Ammi, keep at it on the bike. After a couple more sessions, your booty will probably get used to it.

MamaB, you go! If it were me, I'd keep the tight-fitting 24s and return the pants that don't close. It will be a nice, do-able goal to work toward having them fit well. Congrats on the new car. Enjoy it.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:46 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Catherine, how nice that you bought the special backpack. It's good that you now have something that will bring you much physical comfort and relief.

Bootytoo: Glad my words were inspiring. For me, this time is different because I'm seeing the full reality of my life choices. I'm tired of all the shame and discomfort. Eating differently is not a punishment, it is a path to a fuller, happier, and easier life all around.

Ratkitty, Glad you're back to trying again. The exercise and eating well can only help the way you're feeling.

Peggy, I can't imagine how humiliating the exploding skirt experience must have been. It's inspiring how you didn't stay stuck in humiliation, but instead got to taking care of yourself and your health. Congrats on passing up the chocolate when you didn't even want it.

Wyllenn, I am looking forward to trying the cottage cheese pancake recipe. It looks good.

John, woohoo on throwing away the brownies. Better to throw them in the trash than on your body, no?

Katieray, I try to buy as much organic food as possible. It is costly, so I can't always, but I think it is better not to have the chemicals on the food.

Violette, welcome back. It's nice to meet you.

Sharon, good luck with the liquids. I know you can do it.

Meta, interesting comments about identity. That is something to think about.

GTL: I hope this busy period isn't too stressful. Hang in there!
Old 07-25-2007, 01:55 PM   #53  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

hi there
well I managed to bathe the dog and get some cleaning done in one room. By the time I was finished, I had to have a shower. EWW it is hot here today. So now I am just sitting here and enjoying a fresh strawberry smoothie made with skim milk and frozen and fresh strawberries. YUM!
Off to get some jewellery made today!

B
Old 07-25-2007, 02:59 PM   #54  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Amy - Good to see you back!

I only have a few minutes at work today to post – it has been a really busy day. I finally got a fan for the home office so I will be more inclined to be in there in the evening. It has been hot enough to be uncomfortable and I have had to leave the computer off most of the time since I am worried about it overheating.

I am excited because my trainer is really starting to pump up the weight I am lifting. It seems like he was a bit scared before and now is realizing how strong I am. I am up to 120 pounds on squats using the pulley machine. We were also doing deadlifts with 25 pound barbells (using 2) last night. It feels really good to lift heavy weights. I would never have though I would have enjoyed it so much.

After my session we were talking about the fact I haven’t been losing for awhile but that I have continued to make progress fitness wise. It is a good confirmation to have someone else who can see it. I have to be careful now because I have been recently back at things with a vengeance and now I am waiting for the scale to show the signs. Part of me is happy enough to just have maintained my loss, but I am ready for more! With how hard I have been working lately I should start to see it soon (I hope!) Weigh in day is tomorrow, so we shall see.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:53 PM   #55  

Nancy, thats a good amount of weight to lift good for you. As for your PC look it over for dust bunnys if it dusty take your vaccum and suck all the dust you can find. Let it sit for about a half min where the fans are in the back.

As long as the room temp is under 100 degrees a single PC should be fine as long as it got good air flow about a foot all the way around. If you have it in your desk then leave the door open while your using it. All PC's unless your running a 486 or older are design to shut themselves down if they start to overheat and before any damage can happen.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:54 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Nancy -- Doesn't it feel GREAT to lift heavy! I simply love the part in my session where I'm doing my bench press and incline press with dumbbells. I do them leaning on a balance ball, and so I REALLY need to concentrate, especially with 35 pounds in each hand (yes, I'm bragging! ). The need to concentrate makes all kinds of stupid mundane matters fly out of my head. I love clearing my mind like that!!
Old 07-25-2007, 05:16 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,

Well I am persevering with the exercise bike, even though it’s so painful to sit on that saddle. I was really happy at the thought of my new seat arriving in a couple of days, but our stupid Royal Mail service have decided to strike for two weeks, so between that and the back log of parcels and mail they will need to get through when they go back to work, well who knows how long it will be before I get my new seat

I just realised today that I have only 12 weeks to go until I go to a theme park that I booked tickets for a few months ago. I think at the size I am now I will just fit OK on the rides, but I didn’t want to just fit OK, I wanted to have room to move too!! I don’t know how much weight I’ll lose in the next 12 weeks, but I really hope it will be enough to lose a few inches off my body too so that I WILL comfortably fit on the rides

Katie Ray - do you have days where you just want to eat and eat and you aren’t even hungry? I hate those days, and more often than not when they happen these days I give in to the urge to eat. I’m just glad I have plenty of low fat snacks because although I know I go over my WW points on those ‘got to eat’ days, I know I would go WAY over my points if I ate what I normally would have in days of old. So I guess in a sense that’s a life style change even if beating the munchies isn’t

John - just giving a to our resident rooster Hope you are having a good OP day!

Amy - welcome back. I’m glad to see you here again. Sorry you gained some weight while you were away. It’s just WRONG that it’s so easy to gain weight isn’t it. I am sure that you aren’t feeling too great now health wise since you gained the weight, and that in itself will really inspire you to stay on track and start shifting those lbs again.

Have you looked on eBay for a WW points calculator/finder. I know sometimes they sell an online calculator and recipes etc for WW for 99 cents. Until you can find one you could always check out DWLZ because I’m sure she has a page or two with the points for various restaurants and basic foods etc.

How are things with you and Nat now that you have moved closer to him? I hope the relationship is blossoming

Sharon - you are back online. That’s great news you are back on CD, those lbs will come flying off again. Let’s hope Steve keeps getting overtime and that you won’t have to come off CD until you are ready to

Metachick : I hope you did go and buy a lottery ticket, if you did

Brenda - I’m not sure if I told you before, but I love your new avatar picture. You look so happy and your weight loss is amazing

As for laundry, yes it is a shame we have to do it. It’s never ending in this house, no sooner do I wash everything and get it ironed then I look in the washing basket and there’s more waiting to be done

Where are you off to on August 7th then? Where ever it is I hope you have a wonderful time

Annie - I bet you were surprised to see my post lol, especially after me telling you how I just didn’t have chance to come here and do long posts anymore I figure though that if I am going to carry on losing weight then I have to come to the place I feel most accountable, so here I am again Thanks for the welcome back

Donna - why did you have a hard time posting your last message? I wonder if the board was playing up? I tried to put a post on Annie’s 100 lbs lost thread and it wouldn’t let me put any emoticons, or insert any pictures. So until I can do a pretty, animated congrats to her, I’ll not post

Thanks for the welcome back. It’s pretty easy to be forgotten around here especially with so many newbies joining, but I’m glad you missed me and welcomed me back

As for my ‘hiney’ gotta love that word lol, anyway it still hurts a LOT. I’m not going to stop using the bike though, so my butt better just ‘deal’ with it

on the NSV of getting into those size 24s after not being able to wear that size for about 13 years It’s a wonderful feeling isn’t it!!

Great news about the new car as well. I’m looking forward to seeing the photos you mentioned. Why not drape yourself over the bonnet in your new size 24 pants so we get to see the new slimmer you and your snazzy new car

I hear you about the DVD and how you thought it would be pretty lame. I had a similar DVD, a really corny one where I had to struggle to exercise past the laughing Despite the laughter though I really got an amazing work out using the DVD. And I still use it occasionally I’m glad you got a good work out from your DVD, and don’t worry about that old lady doing it better lol, she’s had more practise

Catherine - I am so pleased that you are back OP with no problems now

That’s good news about that snazzy new back pack that you bought. I am sure the makers of it would cringe if they saw the way it’s the trend to wear back packs at my daughter’s school. The kids adjust the straps so they are at their longest and then the bag pretty much rests on their butts, so when they walk the bags bounce on their butts. They look so stupid and with the weight of the bags it really can’t do their backs any good

BattleAx - I really think you ought to change your nick name on here You sure don’t look like a battleax and I bet you don’t act like one either

I hope you are right about the bike and that my butt will adjust to that torturous saddle!!

Nancy - good luck with your WI, I hope you see a loss, but remember especially with that amazing amount of weight you are working out with now that you will see some weight gain sometimes from muscle gain. I have to say I am sooo impressed at how much weight you can lift. When I worked out at the gym I could just about manage to lift the 5 lb dumb bells, and when I used the weight machines I only managed 30 lbs and that was hard work!!! You are one strong lady, or I’m just a wimp or it’s a bit of both

Patti - I got the DS game Pogo Island for my birthday, and it’s amazing. So much fun, and I can transfer my tokens to my pogo account. I have already transferred 12000 and that’s just after playing it for 3 days!!

How are you doing with your diet and exercise? I hope you are back on track

Okie dokie I guess it’s time I finished up. Take care all and bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 07-25-2007, 06:55 PM   #58  

Thanks Ammi but I pretty much shot my plan today. It could have been worse. It seem saying no to Beef is hard then saying no to choclate. I'm just sorta ticked off at myself now for it.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:28 PM   #59  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Katie-I agree with Heather. There is no way I could have gotten anywhere trying to change everything at once. I have baby stepped through the whole thing. It takes 6 weeks to 6 months to change a bad habit or add a good habit. Give yourself the time and space, and it will work. I dealt with a depression a few months ago. I couldn’t get any energy. I finally got over the hump by changing my diet, and tweaking my medications. There was no way I was going to be able to lose weight while I felt that way.

Cris-How is your son feeling? I know when my foster sons were sick, no one got any sleep, and fatigue and hunger feel very similar.

Ratkitty-I have had so many back issues that I have gotten a routine down when I throw it out. I rest it for 48 hours only. Then I get up and start moving. I have found that if I don’t rest it, it never gets well, and if I stay down more than 48 hours, then I can’t get up. Much to my irritation, the doctor was right, it did start feeling better when I started losing weight.

Kymberly-Losing weight on vacation?!. I’d have to be climbing to Machu Picchu on my vacation in order to lose weight. I’d probably even gain weight at a health spa.

Battle-Mom’s and cookies, gee what is it about moms and cookies. Mine would jump on me about my weight, and then offer me a cookie to feel better.

John-I’m sorry about the beef. As a guy, I’m pretty sure that is as primal as chocolate is to us gals. My husband has to leave the house to get red meat. He’s getting used to tofu dogs poor thing.

Annie-12 inches on your hips, huh. Wait until you start measuring your loses in yards or feet instead of inches. It is coming soon.

Booty-Salty foods can definitely put on the pounds. Shame has been a constant companion of mine for a long time. I am looking most forward to leaving that behind forever.

Peggy-passing up fancy chocolate is a huge NSV too. I get embarrassed when people compliment me too. I know they mean well, but it just reminds me that people noticed how big I was. I always thought it was well hidden.

Ammi-I hope your new bike seat gets to you quickly. You are going to be amazed. Take the time to adjust it, especially the width. I have actually lost weight in that part of my body more than farther up my butt, and it is so, well, boney there, and can get quite sore. When you are used to more padding, it is hard to get used to doing with less. I hope that your house is on high ground. The pictures have been so awful and scary. Kids and backpacks. Here they are all on the use only one strap thing. The kids walk around like Igor slumped to one side with a hump practically. It is so bad for their backs, but looking cool is more important. If I had a kid today, I’d start them on one of those with wheels on the bottom, and get them used to it. When the boys went on boy scout campouts, I would send them off with a big rolling duffle bag. They wanted backpacks like all the other kids. I thought about it until I saw that all those other kids basically drug them across the parking lot because they were too heavy to carry at that age with all they had to take with them. The next campout, half of those kids now had rolling duffels too, and that ended the discussion about backpacks until they were teenagers.

Sharon-I’m so glad that you were able to go back on your diet. I sounds like you are also on higher ground.

Meta-That sounded so familiar to me. I used to buy stuff like that at the drive through, and then order 3 or 4 small drinks to make it look like I was buying for more than one. I didn’t have to eat on the way home because I didn’t have anyone at home I had to hide it from.

Brenda-I am a list maker too. I’ve had a head injury, so I have to. Getting ready for trips for me seems like I’m preparing for an assault on Mt. Everest.

Donna-I have bought things that were a little small in the past, and it never worked well for me, but I think that was because I wasn’t “there” yet. I have a couple of pairs of pants that I actually took up a little too much, and I haven’t thrown them out. They’re in the bottom drawer. I’ve always wanted a chair aerobics tape, but just never found one that I thought would be hard enough and/or cheap enough.

Nancy-I have a fan that plugs into my USB port that is for cooling off my laptop. They can get so hot. I saw a laptop desk with a fan built into it, but heard that it doesn’t really work to well. Of course neither would help with a big computer. When I have had those periods where I’m not really plateaued, but am kind of vacationing, I find it important to work on other stuff. Working on your fitness has been a good way to spend your time, and now I’m sure you will see some benefit soon.

I’m killing time listening to a baseball game when I should be doing homework. I have a hard time concentrating after doing a bunch of yard work. I think I don’t have enough extra calories around to run my brain right now.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:34 PM   #60  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

John – The problem is that the room with the computer has a skylight that creates a total greenhouse effect in the room. I cleaned it out recently and also reapplied heat sink compound, but I have still been having it “tell me” that it is too hot. It’s good anyway to keep my electric costs down by not running it all the time. How did you ruin your day with beef? Certain beef can be pretty low fat and fit well into almost any plan.

Heather – Brag away! Yes – the focus is so great. You really have to totally thinking about what you are doing with something really heavy.

Ammi – Sorry to hear that your new bike is such a pain! I hope the new saddle helps a lot. 12 weeks is a good bit of time. I am sure you can take off a few more inches before your theme park trip.

Battle – I find that having good food to eat in the house is one of my biggest factors in staying on plan. My new love – Greens with Envy at Trader Joe’s.

Catherine – Your backpack sounds wonderful. I wish I had one that nice when I was going to school. Some of those books were killer – especially tax. Fresh raspberries are lovely. I can totally understand not wanting to make the pancakes. Those would be very hard not to eat if they were made.

Donna – Fabulous NSV of fitting into the 24’s! That must have felt so great. Also congratulations on the new car!

Annie – Every time I see your ticker I get so excited – you are so close to the 300’s!

Brenda – I am with you on the laundry. Especially now that I have to go outside to do it. It is still better than a laundromat though.

Meta – I totally know what you mean about defining yourself as something and not being able to move past it. I smoked for 10 years and it was so much of a part of how I defined myself – the rebel youth, blah, blah blah. It tried to quit several times but it was when I realized that I no longer needed to be a smoker to help define myself that I was able to stop. However, I still enjoy smoking and do it on occasion, but it no longer owns me and I know that it never will again, which is great.

Sharon – That is so great that you are able to go back to your plan! Woohoo for overtime!

Amy – I am so glad to hear you are happy in Kansas City. I hope you have a much better job – you were really hating your old one at the end there.

Katie – I am with you on the getting up early thing. I have been trying to get myself out of bed to do something in the morning for about a week now, and every day I end up hitting the snooze. If I figure something out I will let you know!

Peggy – Congrats on being down another pound! Great NSV’s too! Turning down good chocolate is a very difficult thing to do!

Ratkity – Sorry you are feeling frail. It isn’t just big people who need CPAP machines, although they are more likely to need them. The important thing is that you are getting a good night’s sleep. Hopefully in awhile though you won’t need it any more.

bodyToo – There is someone on this site that has this great signature – “Being fat is hard. Losing weight is hard. Maintaining weight loss is hard. Choose your hard.” It is so true. Losing weigh is hard, but in the long run isn’t being fat harder? The trouble for me is that long run part. So often when I am in the moment it is so hard to think long term.

Tonight I got a compliment at the gym. A woman I talk with a good bit has been away for 3 weeks and she said she could definitely tell that I have lost weight. When I told her the scale wasn’t moving she said, well then things are shifting in a very flattering way. Now I just hope the scale decides that she is right!

Well, I should really call my step-mother. She sent me an email today and she sounded a bit down on life, so I will give her a ring.
Closed Thread