Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 02:50 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Xena - That's how the last two concerts I went to were...and I just snuck my camera in...boobs make a good hiding spot! LOL! But it's going to be at a place where security is crazy, and if they see cameras, they grab them...and you don't get them back! So, I'm not going to risk it with my digital, and if they take my disposable, it'll not be as bad! lol....I wanna get pictures SO badly, because over the next 2 months, I'm seeing 4 of my ALL TIME favorite bands!!! It's going to be GREAT!

Annie - I hear ya, girl! Money is pretty tight with us, too, so the apartment is slowly becoming 'our own'...hehe. We try and pick up something a week, to decorate, or just make it more 'us'. Although, decorating will be on hold for at least another month, because we want to pick up a printer/scanner/copier next, and those can get pricy!

Just here taking a break...laundry...I loathe doing it! Andrew's out laying in the sun, trying to get some sort of a tan, since he's so pasty! lol. I'm not a fan of laying out, so I'm working on listing my stuff to sell on Ebay, and reading a good book.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:57 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Sharon - yes you're right, it is a pity that the caravan park people couldn't be in touch with me when I needed them to be, not just when they needed to be. You know what's sad, that place is a retirement village, so I shudder to think how they treat their residents

Way to go on doing the Rosemary DVD. I hear you on the Lilia one, it's a real killer. I decided to learn one dance at a time but was taking so long to learn the first one that I've just pushed it to the back burner Maybe when I have a figure half as slim as hers I'll try it again lol.

Brenda - good for you for staying 100% OP on Saturday. I hope you can say the same for today

That scrap booking retreat sounds wonderful, in fact any kind of retreat sounds wonderful

Patti - I hope your sinusitis is easing up and that you are managing to enjoy today.

I would love to hear some of those memories you have for some of the Rod Stewart songs. His music is wonderful isn't it? I recently bought a greatest hits CD of his to work out along to, it's great. Ooh La La makes a brilliant work out song

Xena - those pics of Rod are awesome, you had really great seat you lucky thing. Were you hoarse afterwards from all the singing along, and were your hands raw from clapping. When I went to see Tom Jones I nearly lost my voice, and my legs were killing from being up and dancing, and my hands, well they were really painful for most of the trip home. I really enjoy myself when I go to concerts Thanks for sharing the pics!

I am sorry that you went off track with your diet, and I wish I could offer some insight into why you did. You are back on track now though, and I really hope that you will stay on it. Just think of the pain you are in now and let that be motivation for shifting those lbs. You know you can do it

Kayley - that's funny how you said about not wanting to upset your neighbours by working out upstairs. I was thinking about when the girls have left home and how I could make their room a mini gym for Daren and I. Then I remembered the wooden floors, and the noise they make and I quickly changed my mind! I would love to go to the gym daily, but the expense of getting there and being able to get Daren to come along makes that impossible. So twice a week will do. The other days when I work out I do it downstairs on a carpeted concrete floor....not noisy at all thank goodness.

That's brilliant that you lost 1.2 lbs Never say only because all those losses add up as you know, and one day you'll be saying something like you're at 101.2 lbs lost Keep faith in yourself, find the diet that suits you and you'll lose the weight and keep it off!

Missy - OK so I'm a bit slow no secret engagement to celebrate with you lol. I can understand you putting off getting married until you feel happy about yourself, who knows, you might not need to lose 130 lbs before you feel that comfortable!

Annie - I am much better today, no urge to comfort eat, in fact I've worked out my points so well that I have enough left for some delicious carrot cake for my supper, mmmm

I am sure you will do great at your WI tomorrow, and look forward to hearing just how great. I hope the group support meeting goes well too

Supernatural is about to start so I better go, take care all and I'll probably see you all on next weeks thread.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 04-22-2007, 05:09 PM   #138  

Ammi my memories make me blush and this is a family board lol!
Old 04-22-2007, 05:41 PM   #139  

Patti OH those kind of memories well you enjoy them

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 04-22-2007, 06:02 PM   #140  

Ammi - I've always been horrible about that...for some reason, if it's not 3 lbs or more, my mind doesn't really think it counts...and EVERY single little bit counts!!! I really need to stop that!

We're FINALLY done with laundry. It's still 85 degrees out, so we are going to wait until a little later to go walking in the park. It's so pretty when it's sort of dark out, down there by the river!

Tomorrow, I'm going to go take a look at some vehicles, and hopefully, I will have a new(er) car by this weekend!!! About time!
Old 04-22-2007, 06:27 PM   #141  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

This was a pretty good day. I do my official weigh ins on Sunday, and I actually got to change my slider. That’s the first downward move I’ve gotten to make since coming back. Even just losing a couple of pounds has put such a spring in my step.

Kayley-I was thinking about you today when I saw some rings displayed in a jewelry store window at the mall. It was an engagement ring with the band kind of rough like tree bark, and on either side of the ruby were 2 small black pearls. I asked the clerk about it, and he said that he has a jeweler who makes only Goth and Medieval stuff, and he sells it twice as fast as anything else in the store. He said he usually has over a dozen pieces, but was down to just the one because so many people are getting rings for summer weddings. He said he just sold a set of wedding rings that were like spider webs with synthetic black diamonds at various points on the web that sounded really kind of cool.

I understand about feeling so bad about having to start over yet again. Been there done that. Make sure you have your blood pressure checked often if you are going to use those kind of pills. That can be a silent thing.

Annie-I know how you could get hubby to go to the gym more often. Offer to go by yourself. He’s not going to want all those young guys getting a chance at his new slimmer wife. He’ll go just to chaperone.

Xena-we were just talking the other day about losing it after losing 100 lbs. I think we do have such a fear that we can’t do it because of all the times in the past that we have failed, that it just causes us to sabotage ourselves. It’s kind of like breaking up with someone just because you think they are getting ready to break up with you, preemptive.

Annie-I think the sleepiness may just be because your body is burning more calories than it is taking in right now. I get times when I’m just exhausted. I hope you have a great weigh in. If you don’t, it’s time to start looking at your thyroid or something. I read about a doctor in Texas who is doing some really strange weight loss stuff. He’s actually doing liposuction for large weight loss. It’s not supposed to be for more than a certain body weight %, but he’s doing much more. The one advantage I can think of is that even as you lose weight, you don’t lose fat cells, they just shrink, and therefore stick around to easily expand back. Lipo takes them out. It sounds too easy. The other weird thing was people getting tapeworms on purpose to lose weight. I think I’ll stick to tofu dogs.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:23 PM   #142  

Catherine - Those sound so neat!!! I love interesting & different jewelry!! I think that's why I wanted a ring with a colored stone in it. Everyone has diamonds, and they are beautiful, but I think I just want something DIFFERENT! And I love rubies!!!!

I took some 'before' pictures, and now I'm all depressed. Change is a comin', though, right?! We're off to Walmart to pick up some things we forgot (always forget something!), and then going to take a walk in the park. I'll try and check in before bed!
Old 04-22-2007, 07:35 PM   #143  
banned

I cannot believe it has been a MONTH already since I was banded! Wow..where did the time go?

Today was absolutely gorgeous; I spent the majority of it outside walking and doing other things. To think I used to pass days up like this because my knees hurt or I was too embarrassed to be around people. Wow, what a difference a little band makes, eh? I even put SHORTS on, and I never put them on before unless I was just staying around the house!

I have to see my orthopedist Wednesday for my eight-week cortisone shot for my knee; the last time I was there, I was in pain and still using one of my crutches--gee, do you think he will know me this time when I practically sprint in there pain free? LOL! I have a feeling this is going to be my best ortho appointment yet.

All right, time for my workout. Just a mild one, since I did a two-mile walk today.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:17 PM   #144  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Just a quick note, as I've been trying to catch up reading the board. So many things I'd like to say and CHEERS I'd like to send out, but it's bedtime.
CATHERINE, I totally understand about about your bike, and I'm looking forward to it for you!!
ANNIE, Good luck tomorrow! It's cool to read your posts - I can actually hear your voice and I love that!
LANNE, How cool, the change since your last appointment with that doc! It can only get better, too!

I'm behaving pretty well - have made a couple slips from the strickly liquid diet, but darn few, and I'm still keeping cals down. Had a great day at a tack auction, but left all my cash at home so that I couldn't hit the baked goods benefit table or the other snack food. Glad I had no money, other wise I would have crashed and burned. Did get a new saddle and show halter for my little rider, Steph, and a new bridle for Gabriel. Also, with the rest of my family, we bid on and won a Good Year blimp ride to give to my MIL for her 80th birthday next month. You can't buy a blimp ride, they only donate them for charitable purposes. This one was to benefit a beautiful girl with brain cancer. She lost her struggle last month, but the funds raised today will go to the family to help with medical costs incurred throughout her battle. We took the bidding up to $600, and it was a great feeling to win the big prize of the day for such a wonderful family. They were there, and are absolute sweethearts. My heart aches for them, but I'm glad we could help in some small way.

Dear ladies, hug your loved ones, stay out of the fridge, and don't let the neighbors catch you burning your leaves... unless, like mine, they have a pile of their own they're just waiting to light. <HUGS>
Old 04-22-2007, 10:39 PM   #145  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Kayley, thanks for wishing me luck at my interview tomorrow. I'd be working in the recreation department for a nearby town. I worked for years in advertising and then decided I didn't want to be on the corporate ladder any longer, went to work in a library and absolutely loved that, but unfortunately had to quit when my husband and I moved back to Georgia. Glad to hear you made smart choices at the grocery store - it definitely makes not eating junk a lot easier! Congrats on the weight loss, too - every little bit helps and you should celebrate each step on the way to getting healthy, no matter what the scales say.

Catherine, I hope you get to ride again soon. Hubby and I bought some heavy duty bikes a couple years ago that would hold our weight. I love riding, too - although my butt is always sore afterwards! And thanks for keeping your ! And I'm so glad to hear your scales are moving again - hurray!

Ammi, for feeling down yesterday, and I'm glad to hear your spirits are brighter today. I'm glad that you didn't go on an emotional binge though - that would have been my reaction in the past as well. Food does a good job of dulling emotions. You definitely deserve a Another thrift store shopper wannabee here! When I was in college I used to go with my friends, all of whom were much smaller than I, and they'd be able to get all kinds of cool outfits on the cheap. Someday soon! Oh, and glad to see there's another fan of Supernatural on here!

Emily
, Jack Russell's are so cute - please post some pics soon! They are such balls of energy, you should have fun keeping up with her!

Xena, at least you are getting back on track, that is the main thing. Strange how we sometimes willfully sabotage ourselves, isn't it? Glad to hear you had a great time at the concert though! Your photos are fabulous - how close were you?

Annie
, I'm so impressed with your fortitude in sticking it out this week! I'm sure your efforts will be rewarded with a loss on the scale. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

LAnne, you've come so far, both physically and mentally, in just one month!

Thanks very much to everyone else who wished me well with my job interview. I've managed to get through the weekend without focusing on it too much, but now I'm starting to get a bit nervous. I'll feel better once it's over with.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:13 PM   #146  

LAnne - I'm so glad you were finally able to get the lap band!!! You have certainly come a LONG way in one month!!! WOW!!!!

Valerie - That is SO neat that you guys won that for her!!! That's gotta be an experience!!! When I lose about 100 pounds, I want to go for a ride in a hot air balloon!!!

Lesley - That sounds like it'd be a fun job! Knock em dead tomorrow!

Well, I'm going to get off of here for the night (unless I can't sleep!)
Old 04-22-2007, 11:15 PM   #147  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Lesley-I can't recommend enough Hobson easyseat bicycle seats. I have used them for 25 years on both regular bikes and exercise bikes. They look like two smaller seats attached together. Instead of riding your crack, each cheek gets its own seat. They are adjustable width-wise, and kind of rock back and forth as you peddle. There is just no pain with it. You can order from them on-line, or any bike shop can order it for you.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:16 AM   #148  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

hey everyone! I've been MIA and I really have no explination. I just have been having some rough times and still feeling like I suck at life.

I'm reconsidering WLS, but I don't want to do it.

I wish that there was somewhere that I could check myself into and just stay and be healthy. but it would suck too

Glad to see that things are pretty well.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:40 AM   #149  

STOP
PLEASE DON'T POST HERE ANYMORE
JOIN US ON THE NEW WEEKLY THREAD #1103
SEE YOU THERE
Closed Thread