Old 02-01-2012, 10:32 PM   #46  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Jelma, my regular grocery store carries the Better than Boullion right in the same section as the broth and stock-in-a-box. The health food stores here carry the organic varieties.

It looks like you can buy them online, too. http://www.superiortouch.com/retail/.../premium-bases

Tomorrow night I'm working til 7, so I think I'll make tofu veggie soup in the Vitamix blender, either roasted red pepper or spinach.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:42 AM   #47  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Oh, I so want a VitaMix blender. To the point I'm planning on driving up to cleveland the next time they have the big sale and just buying one. It's a problem, my desire for that thing, lol....

And, still DH free, I will be having:

An entire frozen bag of brussel sprouts, browned in a pan with onions. I usually rinse them off outta the bag, cut them in 1/2 and cut off any little hard stems. I spray a big flat pan with Pam and lay them cut/flat side down until they are dark brown. I remove them and add a little more Pam, and saute onions and chopped garlic and then add the BS's back in just as the onions are finishing up. LOVE. <3 brussel sprouts.

So I'll have that, and I have some leftover sauteed veggies in my fridge, and a 1/2 a jar of tomato sauce, so I'll likely have "italian vegetables" as my family calls it, lol. A random assortment of veggies, topped with marinara sauce.

for 199 THIS WEEK!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #48  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Dinner tonight is a "chicken fajita stir fry" (fajita meat and veggies/pico de gallo and a small bit of cheese without the tortillas), with asparagus and brown rice. Here's the fajita recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pollo-fajitas/detail.aspx
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #49  
is super awesome.

LOVE any kind of fajitas. It's a problem. That and spaghetti are my 'go to' when I'm all 'what the hecks are we eating for dinner!?'

Old 02-02-2012, 09:01 PM   #50  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Kate, I adore that Vitamix. It took a while to talk myself into it, but it's great. It makes a fantastic smoothie - protein powder, milk, frozen berries and spinach - yum! If you use blueberries or blackberries, it even hides the spinach color.

It makes great hummus, and I just love this veggie soup for late nights. It's just 2 cups of broth, 1 box of frozen spinach/1 jar roasted reds/1 pkg shrooms, 1 juice-box sized brick of tofu, 1 tsp corn starch, and seasonings. Let 'er rip for 9 minutes, and dinner's done. Top with shredded cheddar. It makes a very filling 3 bowls of soup, for only about 300 calories!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:42 AM   #51  
is super awesome.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddy View Post
Kate, I adore that Vitamix. It took a while to talk myself into it, but it's great. It makes a fantastic smoothie - protein powder, milk, frozen berries and spinach - yum! If you use blueberries or blackberries, it even hides the spinach color.

It makes great hummus, and I just love this veggie soup for late nights. It's just 2 cups of broth, 1 box of frozen spinach/1 jar roasted reds/1 pkg shrooms, 1 juice-box sized brick of tofu, 1 tsp corn starch, and seasonings. Let 'er rip for 9 minutes, and dinner's done. Top with shredded cheddar. It makes a very filling 3 bowls of soup, for only about 300 calories!
Ugh, now I want it more, lol. The VitaMix factory is near Cleveland, and its only about 40 mins away from me. Once in a while they have a reconditioned sale, and they sell them for like $250. SO worth it. I'm going to start paying attention to the sale dates, now, lol...

And hummus making has killed 2 blenders now. I got a little magic bullet stlye one, from Target called the Bella, and I use it solely for making pesto and hummus. It's worked like a charm, but I dont have any room for it, LOL.

One day, vitamix... one day.

And dinner tonight:

I have about 3 oz of wheat spaghetti left over from earlier in the week. I'll bake that with some roasted veggies and some sauce, topped with low fat mozz cheese. SO tasty.

Also? I'm at 200.0. EVEN. I gotta watch my sodium today, lol... SO want to see that 199!!

Have a good day everyone!

Last edited by kateleestar; 02-03-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:19 AM   #52  
is super awesome.

Tonight's dinner:

(So looking forward to this one, lol)

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/01/c...uesadilla.html

I'm making them on our quesadilla maker, which I love. We aren't using the roasted pork, only the ham and turkey and toppings. I'm not a roast-pieces-of-pork-fan, lol.

We are eating it with a big spinach salad, as usual, and I'm having either sweet potato fries or "smashed" potatoes... Which are potatoes that have been baked with kosher salt on them at a high heat. I usually make them with red skin potatoes. I wash the taters, rub them in kosher salt, bake them at 450 until they are fork tender. Then I take them out and literally SMASH THEM FLAT with my potato masher or a heavy can or a heavy glass, lol, and then once they are all flat, I sprinkle them with s&p, a little garlic powder and pop them back in a 350 oven until they get brown and crispy. LOVE. Sometimes I put rosemary on them too. Yum.

DH wont go near sweet potato fries, so I might just make the other, so its less work, lol.

What are YOU having for dinner?

Old 02-08-2012, 08:36 AM   #53  

we are having Diet Coke Chicken

Diet Coke Chicken (BBQ)

Servings | 2
Estimated POINTS® value per serving |

(only points are the chicken)
120 grams raw chicken breast is 4pp

2 Medium Chicken Breasts

1 Medium Red Onion

6 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup

Can of Diet Coke (Not Pepsi Max or Coke zero – too sweet)

Couple of dashes of Worcester Sauce (to taste)

1. Dice chicken and slice onion and brown off in Frylight.

2. Add Ketchup and diet coke and Worcester Sauce

3. cook on high heat to reduce the sauce stirring to ensure it does not burn

4. Once it has gotten to a thick consistency (sticky) then serve.

its lovely and so easy to make

Great thread loads of lovey recipies for me to try
cookiedough34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:38 AM   #54  
is super awesome.

Ooo. This sounds good... sort of like a glaze it forms, I bet. I shall be adding this to the 'easy tasty list' which is where I keep all the recipes of things I always have on hand.

THANKS!
Old 02-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #55  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Kate, good luck with that 199

Last night's dinner:
Lemon Ginger Shrimp http://allrecipes.com/recipe/lemon-g...mp/detail.aspx
Asparagus (this is one of my new faves: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/asparag...ns/detail.aspx)
Roasted Cauliflower http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2011/01...ower-with.html

Tonight's dinner:
Filet Mignon
Roasted Potatoes
Asparagus (same as above)
Roasted Broccoli (Similar to the roasted cauliflower from above, except for with broccoli)

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 02-08-2012 at 11:50 AM.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #56  
is super awesome.

I actually made it there last saturday! It was pretty sweet, lol. I did a little dance!

Old 02-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Last night I made a quesadilla with some leftover chicken I had. I sauteed red and green peppers, lots of mushrooms, spinach, scallions, jalapenos, then put it between two trader joe's low carb tortillas with the chicken, cilantro, and RF Mexican blend cheese and ate it with salsa. Mmm!

Tonight is planned as spinach ravioli, most of the same veggies above, all mixed into tomato sauce. I may just scratch that and make a bbq chicken wrap or a Thai chicken wrap (peanut butter, soy sauce, water, sriracha, and agave mixed as a sauce) with the chicken and a big handful of broccoli slaw, finished with mint and basil.

I'm kind of in the mood for a big wrap and I have 3oz of cooked chicken that has to be used today or thrown away.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #58  
is super awesome.

Tonight is what I like to call 'spaghetti bake'... I throw everything I'd put into spaghetti, plus a ton of roasted veggies, into a casserole dish and top it with a little low fat mozz cheese and bake it. I 1/2 out the pasta for spaghetti squash, and you can hardly tell. DH didn't even know last time we had it, LOL.

Veggies include but are not limited to: (lol)

spinach
red peppers
green peppers
eggplant
yellow peppers
zucchini
yellow squash
a TON of garlic cloves, LOL (love garlic.)
broccoli
cauliflower
onions - red and yellow
spaghetti squash

Love it. So tasty, fairly low cal and lower in carbs. It tastes like I'm eating some high cal high fat italian dish and I'M NOT! Lol.. I usually add a little ricotta cheese, low fat kind, into the sauce that I mix in. It makes it so creamy. YUM. I roast the veggies at 400 for 15 or so mins, till they get all brown and carmelized. I mix them with a jar of DelGrosso sauce and then stir in the spaghetti squash, pasta and ricotta. I put it in a casserole dish and bake it at 350 for 10 - 15 mins, just to melt the cheese. I serve it with a nice big salad and extra sauce on the side... were saucy people, haha.

Last edited by kateleestar; 02-09-2012 at 08:32 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 140/See Ticker/110-115

Height: 4"11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiedough34 View Post
we are having Diet Coke Chicken

Diet Coke Chicken (BBQ)

Servings | 2
Estimated POINTS® value per serving |

(only points are the chicken)
120 grams raw chicken breast is 4pp

2 Medium Chicken Breasts

1 Medium Red Onion

6 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup

Can of Diet Coke (Not Pepsi Max or Coke zero – too sweet)

Couple of dashes of Worcester Sauce (to taste)

1. Dice chicken and slice onion and brown off in Frylight.

2. Add Ketchup and diet coke and Worcester Sauce

3. cook on high heat to reduce the sauce stirring to ensure it does not burn

4. Once it has gotten to a thick consistency (sticky) then serve.

its lovely and so easy to make

Great thread loads of lovey recipies for me to try
I made this last night - it was good. Although it didn't get sticky, just thickened up (I think real coke would get sticky because of the sugar). I added mushrooms and red peppers.

Thanks!
ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:10 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateleestar View Post
Tonight is what I like to call 'spaghetti bake'... I throw everything I'd put into spaghetti, plus a ton of roasted veggies, into a casserole dish and top it with a little low fat mozz cheese and bake it. I 1/2 out the pasta for spaghetti squash, and you can hardly tell. DH didn't even know last time we had it, LOL.

Veggies include but are not limited to: (lol)

spinach
red peppers
green peppers
eggplant
yellow peppers
zucchini
yellow squash
a TON of garlic cloves, LOL (love garlic.)
broccoli
cauliflower
onions - red and yellow
spaghetti squash

Love it. So tasty, fairly low cal and lower in carbs. It tastes like I'm eating some high cal high fat italian dish and I'M NOT! Lol.. I usually add a little ricotta cheese, low fat kind, into the sauce that I mix in. It makes it so creamy. YUM. I roast the veggies at 400 for 15 or so mins, till they get all brown and carmelized. I mix them with a jar of DelGrosso sauce and then stir in the spaghetti squash, pasta and ricotta. I put it in a casserole dish and bake it at 350 for 10 - 15 mins, just to melt the cheese. I serve it with a nice big salad and extra sauce on the side... were saucy people, haha.

I make this recipe which is kind of similar (but not as low cal), but the reason why I love it so much is the fontina and smoked mozz. If you had a few extra calories, I bet that would be a good swap!

I ended up having the spinach ravioli with veggies last night and the bbq chicken wrap for breakfast this morning

Last edited by Munchy; 02-09-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote