Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2002, 09:58 PM   #46  

Wow, this board is hopping!!! It is nice.

I actually exercised this morning. There are a couple of angels here who have inspired me to "Just do it"! I think that should be the phrase for this web site, and as a matter of a fact, I am going to start a new challenge and call it "Just Do It". This will be for those of us who aren't as industrious (did I spell that right?) as Bailey who wants to run a marathon. But for us to work on our commitments to exercise.

Pryia and Karen need to get an award for 11 days on point. Ya'll are doing so good, and you both deserve a hand.

Pryia - Hope your browser is ok from the lightning.

Tech - WTG, you will do it too. Just follow Pryia and Karen and you can't go wrong.

Nanci - Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Nanci! Happy Birthday to you!! And many more!!!

Lisa - Do get your throat checked out if it isn't better. I believe I have heard that if you have a soar throat and fever, you should call a dr. But I do hope you are feeling better, and that you will be able to post more again soon.

RR - it must be in the air, I have another friend that is looking at the same possibility. I hope all goes well.

Baily - Tennis sounds fun, I have always wanted to play. Unfortunately I took it in college, and flunked (too busy eloping with dh, I guess :LOL: ) I think that is one of my not to long term goals to learn to play tennis. Maybe I can get dh's car fixed so he will give me back the van, and the kids and I can learn together. Sorry to hear about your tragic loss ($325 million tragic losses that is) Better luck next time. Move to Texas, 100,000 would buy a decent house in a fairly decent neighborhood. (Just don't try to buy anything nice in the inner city, that is where prices go up drastically and it is where all the worst neighborhoods are.) Yoga sounds interesting too. I definitely need to work on being limber.

Check ya'll later. Hope some of you come to join me on the "Just Do It" thread!!!
Old 04-18-2002, 11:49 PM   #47  

Howdy there,

Just wanted to put a quick note here - lyssa and I both posted exercise threads today - great minds think alike . I moved my goals up to hers. Hers is stuck up on the top - Just do it challenge...So whatcha waitin for? Don't know how to delete mine (plus it has a special message for BFB - Where are ya?) So I guess it will just drift off into the thread archive.

Well, I ran/walked a mile Tues and Wens. Was supposed to do it again today, but a little sore so the dog and I just did about a half mile with a little running and a lot of walking. I think that it is going to take me a while to achieve the goal for week 1 which is to jog a mile without stopping. That is FINE. I want to keep at this and see consistent, slow progress. Tomorrow is supposed to be my rest day, but I plan to run/walk a mile as I did not do it today!

Q: Does anyone else gain as much midcycle as they do with AF? I think I have asked this before, but it consistently baffles me. I can tell my thighs, boobs and arms are getting smaller, but not only are the 6's not fitting looser, I am back up to the 10's being tight! The gut is out of control. Today, I weigh 5 lbs more than a few days ago. This happens every month, and I panic. Old dogs and all, maybe I will learn eventually.

Guess what I found? The cincinnati? marathon is called the "flying pigs marathon". They have the cutest pictures of flying pigs on their home page! I printed them out in color and taped them to my control journal, one on the cover and one on my new marathon section. I LOVE MY CONTROL JOURNAL! and I love flying pigs! Pigs were always my favorite animal growing up. Don't have a clue why, but they were. When does Juldiet get back? I miss her and I want some flying pigs!

Rabbit - when do YOU come back? We miss you!

BFB??? Throw a dog a bone, would ya? You always make my day.

Karen: You rock! 11 days is great - sorry you have to go back to school. Isn't that the best when you get "surprise points like that?

Tech: You can do it! Great job op. Keep it up - slow and steady... Hope all goes well with the car

Lyssa: We am slowly getting over the tragic loss. The credit card companies are SOOO relieved! I'm with ya on the challenge!

Pyria: Great job!

RR: Nice job on the 1/2 marathon! How long did it take you to get there??? My super over ambitious goal which I will likely not meet is to do the Boston 1/2 marathon which is in 6 months. Most likely, if I "Just do it" I will do that race in 18 months and then see what I think about going on from there. Yeay RR!

Lisa: Sorry I don't know about the inheritance thing. I think it has all changed since Bush took over. Hope you are feeling better!

LBH: Hope things get better with the house! Have you heard anything about the job? It's probably too early. I STILL haven't sent out my stuff. Bad bailey!!! (chanting: Just do it, Just do it, Just do it)

Nanci: Happy Birthday!!!! I hope you are feeling better. We miss ya! You can always hang here - we can handle the caddy b$(#* comments no prob! We will even still love you in the morning!

Liz: No spa trip - but I was thinking maybe we could try to plan Something. NOTE - EVERYONE NOT FROM THE EAST COAST, PLEASE STOP READING - I DON'T WANT YOU TO FEEL LEFT OUT. Now that they are gone, I think that 9 of us live between Boston and Florida. Maybe we could try to get together sometime in the middle? Or, we could just do it the easy way and Y'all can come to Boston! Well, you have figured me out! I am not the lottery girl, but actually a wiry 55 year old balding guy with glasses. I just like doing things like this No seriously, I AM 32 and Female. How else would you explain the incredible shrinking boobs and the ovulation weight gain? Glad to hear you are having such a great week. I think it is the time of year

Hi to all I missed - Check in would ya?

Last edited by BaileySG; 04-18-2002 at 11:53 PM.
Old 04-19-2002, 12:03 PM   #48  

<<dancing in my chair>> WooHooo, It's Friday, It's Friday!!!! The good vibe is still here and I have tons of energy. I wish I could bottle some of this for when I'm going to be grumpy in a couple of weeks. I did really good again this week.
Goal 1: Made it to the gym all 5 days and had great workouts. I really pushed myself (my biceps are killing me today).
Goal 2: Did my after lunch strolls everyday but they weren't as long as last week. It's just too hot.
Goal 3: I had my one diet coke on Wednesday but I think I'm gonna have to splurge and have another one today. I've drank strictly water except for the one soda and one giant strawberry daquiri all week long. I need some flavor today.
Goal 4: I stayed well within plan all week. I'm gonna splurge a little today but I have a lot of points banked so I'm not worrying about it.

As for the rest of ya...

Lauren, good luck with the antman and keep cool this weekend. I’ve thought several times about volunteering at the shelter and giving the animals some TLC and exercise but I know it would be so heartbreaking for me. I can’t stand to see animals with those sad eyes and the last thing I need is a houseful of dogs.

Lys, good job on the exercise!! I’m glad I can be an inspiration to you. All of those in here that write about resisting temptation and being strong are my inspirations. With all the exercise I get I do have some good muscles. The bad part is they’re still covered with flab. I think I look good until I see a pic of myself. I’m getting there slowly but surely. At least I feel good.

RR, this is the year for you. I read some of your previous posts when you went thru your troubled times before. My prayers are with you. Is there something in the water cuz I know so many people that are in your same condition. One of my best friends has been trying forever and has had several losses but two weeks ago she made it past her first tri and she is doing great. Good luck and take care of yourself.

Pry, you are doing so great!!! You and Karen are helping to keep me focused.

Nanci, I hope you’re feeling better. I think most women can relate to you. I’m the same way – there’s just some days that I’m not happy and all I can think about is b&#$%-slapping everyone I see. When I have ugly PMS I should be locked in a closet until it’s safe for me to come out.

Tech, congrats on you and K’s loss!! Did you get your car back??

Elisa, 90 in Toronto already???? That’s hotter than florida.

KarenK, glad you’re back. Great job on staying OP!! Keep going strong!! I think I’ll stick with the smilies I get. Your way sounds too complicated for me.

Bailey, roflmao!!! No man would put himself thru this message board listening to women talk about AF, PMS, stress, weight, kids, etc. Let us know how Rufus is doing. Don’t hurt that puppy. How about next time everyone plans a trip to FL we try and coordinate and get together at the same time? Oh wait…I live here so I can meet up anytime. I’d love to come to Boston – I’ve always wanted to see that area. Do you have that funky Boston accent????

BFB, Where are you???????????

Hi to all those I missed and have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 04-19-2002, 01:33 PM   #49  
Donna

Happy Friday All!

Well last night didn't go to well. AF came to visit Wed night and yesterday was my first full day of training at the Village and I felt ichy so after dinner I wallowed. Oh well it only comes once a month and the alternative is worse (no offense RR).

I'm still going to count it as day 2 OP since my goals were to drink my water (I did), journal everything (I did ) and exercise 3 times a week (yesterday was my off day).

I'm pretty excited about starting work at Greenfield Village (even though the pay stinks ). Unfortunately because of their training schedule I won't have all my training done until May 24 so I don't really start until then. But for the next week and a half they have Thomas the Tank Engine there and need extra help on specialty stuff so I may be able to pick up some extra hours that way . (if you're interested their web page is www.hfmgv.org )

Liz - congrats on meeting your goals for the week . Your making great life choices that'll help you stay there once you get where you want to be.

Baily - any exercise over what we did before is a step in the right direction. Even though we didn't walk far on Wed (I had cramps and couldn't figure out why 'til I got home and went to the restroom ), I counted it because it was more than I'd done the week before. Hang in there you'll make it I have faith.

LBH - congrats on the interview (I peaked on the job thread). I wouldn't worry about the jewlry as long as it's not "garish" I doubt anyone else would even notice and if they didn't hire you because your necklace didn't match do you really think you'd want to work there????

RR - I understand you don't want to be jinxed, so I'm not going to wish you luck on that thing you're not talking about. Keep us posted.

Pyria - Congrats on Day 11!!!! You're doing great

Karen - I like the smilies, but I think you have to be registered there to get them Do you scuba dive? I've thought of trying it but I usually don't have the time or I don't have the $.

Nanci - Hope you had a great birthday!!!

Lisa - Hope you feel better soon

Everyone - (including those I missed) HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND

Of course after all the complaining I did about it being too warm too early, and what happened to spring, wouldn't you know it they're predicting snow mixed with rain for Sunday . Watch out you NE'eners it's coming your way next.

- Tech
Old 04-19-2002, 03:10 PM   #50  

WARNING: Do not read this - it will bore you to tears, just had to get it off my chest!

OK, y'all - I actually really like my boss as a person and respect him professionally, I just do not like our working relationship or my role in the company. Will not bore you with all the details. So anyway, he was out of town for two weeks and came back Monday afternoon. I asked if we could set up a meeting to review my projects (which are not going well, and should actually NOT be done due to dorky statistical validity assumptions, but he won't listen) and he said sure. Then he did not speak to me AT ALL on tuesday, I was out on Wendesday, he did not speak to me AT ALL on Thursday. When I left at 6:30 he looked totally shocked. So, later last night I get this message that he had been wanting to go over my projects but I had not been around all week, so could we meet at 7 or 8 this morning? Now, My hours are 10am to 6 or 7pm with lunch at the desk and about 5 cigarette breaks. Plus, I had things I needed to do last night. So, I took a nap from about 7-11pm, then did stuff till 3am, then got ready for my day and was in the office at 4:30am to prep for the meeting. Well, he came in at 6:50am, said he had other things he had to work on first, gave me those things for review, had me in an hour long meeting going over my suggestions, then made revisions and LEFT FOR VACATION without saying WORD 1 about our meeting which never happened. It is 3:00pm and I am leaving now.

Gonna go to the gym, see how quick I can do a mile on the treadmill (goal = 12 min), maybe do 1 other mile, do weights, tan a little, then go home and SLEEP
Old 04-19-2002, 03:42 PM   #51  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys.

Well, I hope everyone had a great day today. I got off early 'cause an admission we were expecting didn't show. I like those surprise times off.

Tech: I certified as a diver but I didn't pursue it too much. I'm actually TERRIFIED of the water. I know, I know. I was trying to overcome the fear, but it was not to be. I met my husband because we were going diving together. I love it once I'm down, it's like being inside the aquarium and totally awesome. It's the part on top of the water that I can't handle. At lot of programs let you do a free trial lesson to see if you like. You should check it out. You do not have to register to use the smilies, least, I didn't and I'm using them. I got Tinker Bell there too.

Liz: (trying to join Liz up on that chair. Oops, butts too big!!) It just sounds complicated, it's not that bad. Just click on the IMG button and fill in the box. That easy.

OK, gotta go see what to have for dinner. Have a great Friday Nite!!
Old 04-19-2002, 04:01 PM   #52  

Karen - another good pizza is the Pizza Hut Veggie Lover's Thin Crust. It has sliced tomatoes!

Lauren - thanks for reminding me why I bought a house! Remind me that I said that when I have to shell out the $$ to the landscaper this fall! I've decided to put part of the $$ I am inheriting into my pitiful yard before the neighbors petition me to move.

Tech - good luck at the new job!

Lyssalou - thanks for the concern. The fever si down, and I ahve been doping up on tylenol. That keeps the throat from hurting, but I can sure tell when it's wearing off. Will give it until Monday, I guess. Can you tell I hate the doc??? Actually, I hate giving him $86 to tell me it's a sore throat! Lat time I went, it was $86 to tell me I had a cold.

Liz - WTG on the goals!

Gotta go. Everyone have a great OP weekend. Will check back in on Monday!!!

Later!
Lisa
Old 04-19-2002, 04:33 PM   #53  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

WARNING...VENT...

MAN, I could spit fire right now I'm soo mad!!! I went downstairs to check and make sure facilities set up the big room for Orientation Monday and the room was stark naked except for a small desk in the middle!!! Normally we only have 20-25 people and they fit in the biggest room we have, which seats 22 by fire law. I requested that they set up the old "break room" which they want to lease for some dumb reason, because we've got 52 people coming Monday!! This conversation has been going on since March 27th!!! After going back and forth in emails, finally my boss, the one that's here in the office, told her to cancel the blood drive that day (which was gonna be in that room) because we needed it for orientation. So I go to her to find out why it's not set up and I asked the guy, because she was on the phone. He knew nothing about it!! I'm like, I have 50 people coming here Monday and I need that room set up!! So I come back to my desk to print out the emails and shove them in their faces and go down to check it out. Another guy is there setting up chairs conference style...just lined up in rows! I'm like, uh, I need TABLES & CHAIRS. So I go back upstairs to her cube and the guy's not there. I said uh, Pam, Diego's down there lining up chairs, I need tables and chairs. She says, in the snottiest voice she can muster, OK Lauren, I'll take care of it...without even turning around!! Man, I could've split her in half at that moment!! I was seconds from postalness!! So now I'm sitting here, trying to cool off, and I have to wait to make sure they get it right! AAARRRGGGGHHHH....
Old 04-19-2002, 06:19 PM   #54  

I think I am very glad I stay at home. Bosses are the pits. I don't remember having a boss I liked until my last job, which I quit to have kids. I was a medical courier (cool job, with car, and I got the country drive!) for a lab. I guess the reason I got along so well with that boss was because I was never in the office :LOL: .

Well, I am always looking for ways to cut the oil out of my favorite recipes, and tonight, it is fish gumbo. I experimented with a few ways to make the rue (I know there is a different spelling for that, but those of you who cook gumbo know what I mean.) I found out that you could brown the flour dry. I tried with water, and that was a disaster. It looks and smells really good!! I will let you all know how it tastes later.

I just did the nutritional analysis at Diet Site.com and found out that it is 101 calories per serving, and only one gram of fat. Of course you add the rice, and that is another 100 calories. But that is a 200 calorie meal. If I had cooked the rue the way you are supposed to do, it would have added aproximately 61 calories, and 7 grams of fat. But if I cooked it the way my cookbook says, it would be over 500 calories, and 32 grams of fat. I use only white fish for my gumbo. Because of the Kosher influence in my life, I am uncomfortable with cooking with the normal foods that go into seafood gumbo, but it is still to die for.

LBH - Hope you weekend is better than today.

Lisa - just for your info, I once suspected I had strep, and I was able to get the dr.s office to let the nurse just give me the strep culture. It saved me the vist charge, since I only saw the nurse. But I hope you will be better soon. Hope your weekend is op, fun, and pain free.

Karen - Wow, extra time off, nice. Hope your dinner was good.

Bailey - I read it, and it didn't bore me at all! I am very interested in what a degree in psychology will get you. It is one of the things I have considered going back to school for. But I have to get dh out of school first. Looks like another 2 years, I can't wait. Looks like no one is up for our "Just do it" challenge, but that's ok, we will get our hearts healthy :LOL:. I am looking into other options to get a better work out. Flying pigs marathon? Sounds like fun. Are you going to sign up for it? Sorry again for creating a board, with out checking to be sure no one else had started one.

Tech - Wow, the Greenfield Village looks like a cool place to work. What will you be doing there?

Liz - I am with you on dancing in the chair!! I love Friday!!! I usually get restless on Friday's and some of the kids school work gets pushed off until Monday, but not today, they got it finished, and now we can go into the weekend guilt free. And this weekend is payday !

Pryia - Tonight's your night! Details, need details :LOL: . By the way, McDonald's Chicken Ceaser Salad is only 100 calories with out dressing. Their Fat Free dressing is ony 60 calories. That could be a whole meal for less than 2 points (right?!?)

Last edited by lyssalou; 04-19-2002 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-19-2002, 10:54 PM   #55  

When life hands you lemons...

So after no sleep and annoying work situation, I was all ready to leaver early (after being there 11.5 hrs). Then, the printer called. WE ARE A 5 PERSON OFFICE! No one has any skills in any type of publishing. I TOLD them and TOLD them to get the 30 page multicolor paper with 17 exhibits professionally done. Did anyone listen? NOOO. So, anyway after literally 5 months of agony over this thing (which, by the way is looking like it will turn out fantastic and will really help business), 5000 copies were to be printed today for delivery on Monday (when we HAVE to do the mailing). The printer called at 4 and said that the colors were off. Due to the Paul Mcartny (sp?) concert, the courrier could not get to us, so I got to go out and look at it. It is actually just a bit past my house so not that big a deal. And, the colors were actually BETTER than before. But, I could not get home due to concert traffic. (Boston on a friday at rush hour is bad enough as it is. So??? Went over to Harvard Square to visit BF at work (nice treat for both of us) and to do some shopping!

I know, I should not be doing shopping b/c of our financial goals. However, they have the greatest consignment shop www.secondtimearound.net I found the CUTEST goal dress - it is Ann Taylor, sundress, palest blue (almost grey) with back cut out, in flawless condition. Now, I LOOK in Ann Taylor a lot (don't buy much) so I know that dresses like this one usually sell for 150-250 there before they go on sale. This one was...$36! So I bought it. It is my lemonade.

Problem? It is a size 2. Whatever. I can hang it in my closet and have it motivate me to get where I want to be (most likely a 4/6). Then, when I am just oh so happy with myself, I can give it to my sister (actually size 2) or my cousin (often a 0, eating disorder . And maybe, just maybe, it will one day fit. I tried to try it on, but it got stuck on my boobies. Not an easy feat to accomplish, when the boobies practically invert . But, it looks to be about the same size as a size 4 that I could wear about 3 years ago (I weighed about 130-135). So.......Pigs may fly afterall.

Off for a weekend on the cape. Can't go till about 2 am (bf is right now on the 3-11 shift at work and ALWAYS has to work late). Saturday and Sunday should be great though (although that boss guy I was talking about before is also my father and will be there - can you see where this situation is going? Must get on the job thing).

Have been doing good on my run/walk/runs and yoga - terrible on food, good on alcohol and terrible on H2O - Exact opposite of my early stages of this journey

Liz: Yeay you. Keep that feeling as long as you can! Actually, I read somewhere that b$%^&-slapping people is really good for you - it releases all these wonderful neruotransmitters Just Kidding! run for that closet. The dog is doing good. I worry because he has had so many out of the blue health issues (as giant breeds often do - why do we do these things to animals?) That is another reason I would go for a Mutt. Inbreeding is not good for humans - why would it be for dogs (although the pack of little rug-rats I had with my cousin seem just fine) Called the vet today and have an appointment for May 4th. Even wrote it in my control journal. This last time to fla we had no time and no car, but I usually go every year. If I win the lottery (or get a new job) we will be there!

Tech: Sorry to hear AF is harassing you too. Her evil side-kick AO is on my @$$. The greenfield place sounds great! When did you get the job? What will you be doing? YEAY! Great job on the exercise and I totally agree - baby steps all the way. I appreciate your faith in me and you have mine as well.

Karen: Hope you enjoyed that surprise time off - even better than surprise points (sometimes). What type of clients do you see?

Lisa: GL with the yard - hope you are feeling better

LBH: Maybe your boss and my boss got together and planned these little stunts? Geesh - hope you have cooled off. I myself am still a bit peeved.

Lyssa: I don't know - I can whine about work, but don't think I could take too long with 4 kids to tend (and I have done a lot of work with the little suckers - bless their hearts). I love working with kids, but I also love LEAVING kids at the end of the day I admire you. Let me know if you want info on psych degrees. I used to run the sessions for undergrads about career opportunities so, although you won't believe this because I am usually so quiet, I could go on and on... I am psyched up for the challenge whether it is 2 or more! I seem to be posting quite a lot there too, would you mind if I do 1 post per week so it does not get too long? GL with the exercise thing. If I get time I will look around and see what I see for stay at home moms. Maybe try doing all daily activities while balancing one of the little angles on a body part? (Sorry - I really do LOVE kids - don't know what has gotten into me) I think if I ever could do a marathon, I would have to do boston, as I grew up with it and it practically passes my front door. I Love the concept of the flying pigs marathon, however.

Nanci - where are you? are those pigs in the air?

Rabbit and Juldiet - come home! We miss you

elisa - hope all is well

To all those I missed - Hope all your lemons turn to lemonade!
Old 04-20-2002, 12:13 AM   #56  

Hi all,

Ok just a quick note to let you all know that I am alive and well.

The crankiness has moved on. THANK GOD. I think that I had some major issues with my bday which is totally stupid but what can I say. Thank you all for your wishes!

I gained 1.8 on thursday. I am over the pity party on that one. I guess the wine and fish & chips that I convinced myself I deserved was not such a good idea. Dh did well and was down another 1lb.

Ok Bailey don't be leaving me out of any get togethers. You all know I have such an issue with traveling :-) I am definately up for getting together. I just need some notice and I there.

I will catch up with all the posts later. I just have to say everyone is doing AWESOME!!!!! We are all really in the groove.

Nanci
Old 04-20-2002, 12:15 AM   #57  

Ok I really have to start proofing. What I meant to say is I am there.
Old 04-20-2002, 09:52 AM   #58  
A princess in the making!

Red face Friday was a bust!

I did not make day 12, but I am back on track this morning. And I will try and break my record. And I am okay with not makeing day 12. SInce it had been so long since I made it through day 1!

I skipped WI cause I was just to tired to get out of bed.

KarenK- Did you make it through day 12? I sure hope so.

I am going shopping today Eddie Bauer to use my Corporate Discount.
Old 04-20-2002, 10:48 AM   #59  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good Morning!! I hate people who are perky early in the morning. Wait a minute, I just looked at my clock and it's 10:44. I just got up 1/2 hour ago. Guess it's not that early!! My behind is dragging today. We are going to Six Flags and I'm waiting for DH to get out of the shower.

Pyria: I made it through Day 12, but only because I talked DH out of going to the movies. I would have never survived the popcorn. But you are OK, you are back on track today. Have fun shopping at Eddie Bauer. Do you buy clothes there? I've never found much in my size and certainly not since I've put back on all this stupid weight.

Gotta go get dressed now. Have a good day all!!
Old 04-20-2002, 12:44 PM   #60  
Phat Chick

Everytime I try and catch up with this thread, someone else posts!!! I have had a grim week ToM is early and is dragging on, have no desire to work or exercise and reading 58 posts to figure out what has been going on is gonna be a challenge! Guess tonight is slippery slope night, two tubs of strawberry cheesecake Hargen Dazs are in my freezer and they are SHOUTING my name. I feel I need to boost my energy levels
Closed Thread