3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   Week Of April 14th!!!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/15301-week-april-14th.html)

RoadRunner 04-14-2002 08:51 AM

Week Of April 14th!!!!!

gOOD mORNING!!!!!
I decided to get up early this morning and be constructive!!!IT looks like rain today, soo no day trips today!!!I think I will go out in search of some dance tights since SD#2 recital is comming up!! Plus it is time to redo the cat food supply since I am now feeding racoons in the cat room!!!!

Lyssa--WOW..Uwere an early bird!!!U could have started the new thread this morning at 4am!!!!!

Congrats to the losers this last week!!!and the excercisers!!!!
RR

LBH 04-14-2002 10:33 AM

Hi All,

Happy Sunday!! It's a beautiful day here in NJ!! I have sheets in the washer that I'm actually going to hang out on my makeshift clothesline so they get that great sunshiny smell!! :D I am back in FlyLady mode. I have been shining my sink all along, but have not been reading the emails or working on anything else. Thursday when I was home I really cleaned my biggest hot spot...the kitchen table!! I just have to put a couple more things away and we can actually eat at it!! :lol:

Today my mom's exterminator is coming over to see what we've got. The ants finally got into the Combat traps we put down, found a bunch of them in different places dead. YEAH!! But today I cannot open my kitchen window because there's a couple big bees inbetween the windows!! :eek: The landlord still says they won't pay for it, but the guy said he'll take care of us. He does my mom's house twice a year and she never has bugs, hopefully he'll be able to do here, without doing upstairs.

Anyway, have a great day all!!

TechAlum 04-14-2002 02:37 PM

Hello All,

It looks like spring is finally here with all the sinus stuff that goes with it. Actually I really don't mind that much. My car is still in the shop and K is still in KY so if I want to leave the house I'm in the car that's older than I am :^:, but at least I do have a car. The eating hasn't been going well, I need to start journaling again, I hate cooking for one. Although yesterday I did refrain from ordering the pizza I wanted and BBQ'd a chicken breast and potato. It's so warm out I'm thinking about braving the 2 dog walk :eek: .

Pyria - Congrats on the loss :D. You deserve it!!!!

Baily - my dog is a 3 yr old pound puppy, he's black lab and we think pit-bull. He's actually a real sweetheart, but he has issues with other dogs, and I need to be in control and vigilant (sp?) when I walk him so rollerblades would be out.

Nanci - Yea on the loss and being so near 25 lbs. K got his magnet about a month ago and then gained for a couple of weeks, when he crossed the line again on Tues they tried to give him a second one :lol:. I wish I hadn't gained back what I'd lost or I might be close myself Hmmm.

Liz - hang in there you'll make it!!! On the dog front, we have one of each, my parents always got mutts so that's what I got when I went looking, K's parents always had pure breeds so when he went looking he bought a Golden Retriever. Both are equally good as companion animals. I couldn't really recommend one over the other, it's all in what you want, if you really want a certain breed go for it, and don't let your heart over rule your judgement and get one that's more than you want to deal with because it's from a shelter, it's hard I know. You'll figure it out when the time comes.

LBH - Glad you're feeling better. Being sick sucks, but 5lbs :eek:. good luck with the exterminator!!!

RR - lack of BMW could explain the tiredness, of course so could hosting a party for 13 kids.....Glad you had fun!

Lisa - the car is a Legacy Outback Wagon, and I love it. The problems it's having are my (and K's) falt. It needed the clutch done last summer and to save money we took it somewhere we didn't know and they messed it up, so now we're paying for it!!

Karen - Congratulations on sticking to program, you're doing great. Also, you probably already explained this and I missed it, but what is geocaching??? I've never heard of it.

There have been so many posts lately I'm sure I missed someone, and I'm sorry.

Have a great week everyone!!!!!!!!!

- Tech :spin:

KarenK 04-14-2002 06:49 PM

Hi guys!! Hope everyone is having a great weekend. The weather here has been beautiful today. I took one of the dogs to the park with me and we walked a bit. Just a bit tho' my calves are sore from yesterday. I made it through day #7 but it was a struggle for awhile. I wanted a burger and fries from Wendy's SOOOO bad, but I had the spring salad instead. Then I found out the dressing is :o 6:o points. Thank goodness I only ate half of it.

I don't know if it's from being sick last week or what but I am having an easier time staying OP this time than the last time I tried to restart with WW. I have only been close to all my points once and that was because of General Tso's. I have 10 points banked and I still have 7-14 left for dessert tonight from todays allotment. I have tried to be scrupulously honest with points and even adding more if I wasn't sure. I hope this lasts. I also put my keys onto the WW keychain. Everytime I think about cheating I have a solid reminder to look at. I think it's helping, at least, today at Wendy's it did.

Tech: geocaching is a relatively new game/sport. People who have a GPS(global positioning satellite)receiver hide a container in the woods and other people who have them go out and find them. The one we hunted yesterday was in five stages. Stage1 had coordinates to Stage2, etc. The containers usually have cheap toys and such in them along with a log book to sign. It's a fun reason to get out of the house and EXERCISE!!

Lauren: Good luck with the termintor guy. I hope he gets rid of the ants for you. Ants are yucky.

RR: Hope you had a good day shopping.

Does anyone know how to figure out the points for 4 M&M's? That has been my chocolate fix lately. I've been counting it as one point (see, I have been trying to be scupiously honest!!). I'm just curious how many it might be.

OK, gotta go find something for dessert!! And make lunch for tomorrow.

:wave:

Pryia 04-14-2002 07:49 PM

Good evening all:
Well it has been a good day. I went out and played Catch with B for awhile. I was shocked I can catch a ball.

Day 7 OP!! Done and over. I know there are a few hours before bed, but I don't have any points left. I am saving my banked points for the Brewers game Wed. afternoon. For my beer and brat. HMMMMMMM.....great way to send the afternoon away from work.

Karen- YOU GO GIRL!!! I know it helps me to know you are right there with me. Also I have had a day where I struggled to stay OP. And when I did stay OP it meant so much to me.

Tech: Glad to see you hope you are going well.

RR- Did you find those tights? I Hope it did not rain to much on you!

have a great Monday!! Karen make that an OP Monday!! Day 8 is coming up---WE CAN DO IT!!

P
:wave:

Backfor 2002 04-14-2002 08:41 PM

Hi!

Lauren, Way to go on that 5lb loss. I am sorry you were sick though. I hope you got the bugs under control.

Bailey, So sorry about the lottery. I don't often play because I convince myself that I am going to win and boy is it a let down when I don't.

Karen, That 7.5 mile hike is AWESOME! I am with you on the burger & fries. I layed in bed this AM trying to calculate how many points it would be. I decided way too spendy.

Vicky, Sounds like the party was a success!

Tech, Spring is in the air here as well. Now if someone would just let mother nature in on it. I could sure use some of that sun.

Pryia, You are just rocking n Rolling here. Keep up the good work.

I am very pleased with myself today. I am wearing a pair of pants that I could not zip about 3 months ago.

Everyone have a good evening.

Nanci

Rabbit 04-14-2002 10:26 PM

Hi all! Checking in to say a quick hello. Had a great weekend with ds!:D Leaving tomorrow to open a store. See ya next Sunday night or Monday.

Rabbit

PS - Everyone seems to be doing so AWESOME!! Woohoo!

RoadRunner 04-15-2002 05:33 AM

Good Morning!!!
Just checking in and saying hello!!!!Off to work I go!!!
have a great day all!!!!
Vicki

lizzard_h 04-15-2002 09:10 AM

Hi all!!
I had a great weekend and got lots of housework done. I guess my body must have heard my whining and took pity on me cuz when I weighed in on Sunday I was finally back down to 158. So, I'll try and accomplish the same goals this week: 1) gym 5x, 2) walk 3-5x, 3) one soda, & 4) stay within plan. I was pumping gas on Sunday afternoon and I got whistled at. Of course it was not some 20 year old stud muffin...more like a 50+ raggedly looking guy. Oh well, I'll take the compliments anywhere I can get them. :lol:

Gotta get back to work. I hope everyone has a good Monday.

KarenK 04-15-2002 08:43 PM

Hi guys!! I've lost 2.5 pounds!! Yippee. I was hoping for more, but lets not get greedy. :lol:

PYRIA: DAY #8 OP I am using all my points today plus one banked one. We went out for dinner and I did SO good. I am proud of myself. I only ate half of the potato with the smallest amt of butter and sour cream. I didn't eat all of the meat either. I ate lots of free veggies as a salad before hand. ;) HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD DAY!!

NANCI: Good job on those pants. That must be an awesome feeling. I can't wait to experience that for myself. Keep up the good work.

RR: Hope it was a good day at work. Geez, you still start so early. I thought I was early at 7:dizzy: .

LIZ: Good luck on meeting those goals!! One of these days I will make a goal to get to the gym. Right now I am happy to exercise on the weekend.

OK, hope ya'll have a great evening.

Backfor 2002 04-15-2002 09:52 PM

Hello,

Rabbit, Good luck on the store opening. We will miss you!

Vick, Hope it was a good day at work.

Liz, Congrats on the loss! Congrats on the whistle as well. That is always fun.

Karen, Way to go on the 2.5! That helps keep the great op days coming.

I am just heading to workout. I am hoping that it helps the blues I have. I am not sure if it is the Monday blues or what. I think I am a bit stressed that I have a bday coming up and I am doing a job I really do not enjoy any longer.

See ya all soon.
Nanci

BaileySG 04-15-2002 10:35 PM

Hey all! I love spring - Lizzard I should move down by you, I really think I have seasonal depression - always do so much better from now till about september. I have not been getting everything I wanted to get done done, but I am getting a LOT done and, more importantly, feeling GOOD about myself (mostly). Haven't filed for a tax extension yet (this is my fault, but it is not my fault I need an extension - for one of my accounts, they have not yet sent information on what I made/lost. They expect it to be either 100 up or down. Because of this, I have to get an extension). So, I was going to just finally sit down and do it for myself and the bf over the phone. Then I think I heard them say on the news that if the IRS owes YOU you don't have to file for an extension. Anyone know if this is true?? If so, let me know quick and I will blow it off! :lol:

I have recently set myself a couple BIG goals. Not sure if I will make them, but I am going to give it my best:

1) [B]Run the boston marathon next year[B/]. I know - I must be on crack. It most likely will never happen, but I figured having this as a goal might be good to help me get better about the aerobic exercise. I have been walking a little each week (and some running in fla) but not nearly enough. So, my goal is to try to get to the point where I can finish the race during the time period where they still officially time you (6 hours) - 26.2 miles in 6 hours = 4.36 miles/hour. Right now, I can easily do 1 hour switching between walking in the high 4's and running in the low 5's. Just got to increase the stamina times 6! It is a huge goal I know, but I have one full year. At the least, I should be able to do it in 8 hours!

2) [B]Become a human pretzel [B\]- AKA - Keep up with the yoga. I have been doing good on this and can see noticable progress. But dang that denise austin! I am paying for trying to keep up with her in her 20 min yoga, 20 min pilates on Sat. Maybe by next year I will be able to lie on my back and touch one knee to my nose and say "doesn't that feel great" too -- NOT!

3) [B]Get to WW goal[B\]. I am actually only 8.6 to 10 away (depending on the day). So, since our next goal is June 1 (7 weeks) I am going for then. Most likely won't happen till July 4th, but I will give it my best to be there June 1!

4) [B]Continue with FLYing[B\]. This is going really well. I am about 90% decluttered (did a lot of this in the summer when we moved cross country). Have also gotten everything clean and am getting better on my morning and evening routine. Plan to keep babystepping my way to a better life!

5) [B]Get out of debt[B\]. Won't bore you with the details on this one but I think we can do it pretty easily if I keep using Microsoft $.

6) [B]Purchase home[B\]. For reason's you don't need to know, bf's credit is not so healthy right now and we are in boston, so this will be a tough one. With just my salary, we can only qualify for $200,000 in this area. That basically means condo. Which would be just peachy (less room for clutter, less stuff to clean), BUT, most do not accept 150 lb POUND PUPPIES! So unfair. So, this will take a lot of leg work, but I can do it!

7) [B]Sell Jeep[B\] Necessary prerequisite for #6. First step: Clean as much of evidence of afore mentioned pound puppy out as humanly possible. Start walking to work or taking T instead of being lazy and driving the 3 miles - leading to lack of desire to sell Jeep.

8) [B]Get new job[B\] See career thread. Dropped the ball on this one this weekend.

9) [B]Win $300 mil in lottery tomarrow[B\]

10) [B]Make plan for quitting smoking[B\] This is as much as I can committ to right now on this one.

11) [B]Finish knitting sweater for DNephew before He grows out of it[B\]

lyssalou 04-15-2002 10:50 PM

Well, I had a great post yesterday morning, and then everything seemed to go hay wire around here, and since I wasn't finished with the post, I had to delete it, and I never got the chance to post again. Oh well, what do I expect with 4 kids. I am lucky I get to post at all.

Things are a little better, I just wished I could get my life scheduled and in order. I think I would be happier and more fulfilled if I did it. I know, FlyLady works great, there is a lot about her I really like, but some how I feel like a robot doing things the way she says. Oh well, I need to figure something out.

I have been going back and fourth between the same 5 lbs. for a few weeks. I am still sticking to my diet, but I can't seem to exercise. I had a plan worked out, but dh said it wasn't good enough, so I can't get myself to do it anymore. He did later say that it wouldn't be good enough for him, because he likes really strenuous exercise for himself. But, I feel disheartened anyway. It is just so hard to find much of anyway to exercise at all with 4 kids.

Pryia and Karen- you guys are definitely doing great! Staying op for so long, and you are loosing a good amount of weight. Just keep it up, and you will go far!!!

Nanci - Hope the exercise helped you feel better. It is never too late to look for a new job. Dh just brushed up his resume, and is going to look for a new job. I hope your birthday will be better than you expect. It is a time to look on the good parts of your life, and to look forward to the good that is yet to come. As the old song says, "Accentuate the positive, Eliminate the negative, and don't mess with mr. in-between" ;)

Liz - congrats on the weight loss! I've always heard that mutts are usually better, but I think you have a little bit more of a chance of getting what want by picking a breed that has a temperment more like what you are looking forl. I have always heard that poodles are great animals. I have known others who have owned them, and they are great creatures.

I don't have any more time to post tonight, sorry for those I missed. Hope you all have a great evening.

BaileySG 04-15-2002 10:57 PM

So that's about it. Piece of cake. Will report back on my wild successes when I finish all of this at the end of next week :lol:

RR: Do keep us informed about the BMW! How about a nice doggy jeep? Hope you are better. Wow on the party. Sorry to hear about your friend.?. Oh, Mexico sounds great!

Pryia: Wow - you rock! Keep it up. Hope you had fun on your evening walk. Yum, brats and beer!

Nanci: Woohoo on 25 lb goal nearing. Give DH a high 5 for me too. OK - lets get our butts in gear on this work/smoking situation. I guess, you can wait till you get back from Mexico - 20 times!?!?! YEAY on pants - don't be down you are doing great!!

Rabbit: LOL I would have to wet them to throw them out too. Hope things are going well.

Liz: Great job on your goals - you deserved that loss! - lol on survivor thing - someone posted once about some show where they actually were paying people to be on the show all trying to lose the most weight. Just can't imagine what is wrong with some people. I am on the pound puppy bandwagon. Purebreeds are so expensive, there is little odds they will wind up in bad homes. Not that people with $ can't be bad pet owners, but the ones willing to shell out the dough are generally not AS bad as some others can be. The pound puppy's need kind souls to come rescue them. However, that is my 2 cents. It is a big decision and you should MOST DEFINATELY do what will make you happiest for the next several years. Too funny on the beerbelly man whisteling (that is how I picture him from your description). I am getting a bit more of this myself lately. Kind of feels good, but also pretty creapy and nasty. I think I might start walking around town doing that - walking up to random guys and saying things like "hey baby, bring a little of that my way" - just kidding - a lot of them probably would!

LBH: Glad you are feeling better - WOOHOO on the loss. Best with the FLYING and the exterminator.

Lisa: Keep up the good work - $50 toothbrush? does it also give you a manicure and a facial???

Lyssa: Hope all is well. I agree with RR - Check with your DR about ANYTHING you decide to do.

Karen: Woohoo for OP and loss! MMM wendy's - I don't know how many points for 4 m&m's but I am guessing more like 1/2. You could calculate the whole bag and then figure it for 4. I bet it is even less than .5, but I don't think it would be wise (for me anyway) to say I could have FREE chocolate!!!

Tech: Hope you get the car back soon! Good job avoiding that pizza - Come join us on the food journal!

OK, really sorry so long. Must come here more often so it is less painful for all of us! "A little every day..."

BaileySG 04-15-2002 11:11 PM

Lyssa: Be strong, girl! Don't let DH or Flylady or anyone get you down - just try to find what works for YOU. You can do it - it just takes time and persistence.

I am so glad you posted that quote! I am ELIMINATING the negative - at least that is my goal. I don't expect it to happen overnight, but I am really making an effort to get rid of a little more of the negative every day - in myself, my relationships and my things.

I really had a breakthrough in the past two weeks that I think might be fantastic. For some reason, my mother is negative about EVERYTHING (i.e., 2 pm Sunday "You got way to much sun today!" 5 pm Sunday "How can you be that pale after the whole weekend in the sun?"). My bf is usually incredibally supportive, but I am noticing that it is only if things are going BAD or if I am trying to avoid changing my life for the better. When I am doing something to make things better, he gets very negative and weird. Think it might be because he then feels like HE needs to do something to make things better. In the past, I have said "You don't need to help, but don't get in my way and try to stop me". My mother I just ignored. NO MORE!! I am now telling them if they have nothing positive to say - don't talk to me. I have told them both I am DONE with it. I will not be a part of it any longer. They can be normal people and occasionally have constructive criticism to give in a helpful manner or they can #$%^ off.

Surprisingly, neither one of them got mad at me. (Well, minor fight with mother, but we got right past it). BF even seems like it might have sunk in.

OK - now I am really done. After reading Lyssa's post, I just had to get that off my chest.