View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 12:57 AM   #8
snapless

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

I also don't believe it is right to call myself an Atkins success story...for two reasons here.

1. I'm not on Atkins, I'm on a slight variation of it written by India Knight & Neris Thomas.
2. I'm not to goal yet.

But I'll answer your questions...

How well has this diet worked for you?

Fantastically. Actually looking back at my weight loss journal I can see the days I felt bad were the days I did not stick to it (which are very few).

How much weight have you lost and over how long of a time?
Started May 14th, have lost 26 lbs. and 6" in my waist (I actually HAVE a waist now!) over the last 7.5 weeks.

Did you have to count calories?
Nope

Did you exercise?
Almost every day. It was really hard at first and I could barely walk for 30 minutes at a semi-brisk pace (3.2 speed) without feeling like I was going to die. Now I alternate M-W-F 1.5 hours of cardio (including jogging!) with T-Th-Sa machine weight circuit training, and mild yoga on sundays. My goals include climbing Mt Fuji before I leave Japan though, so I'm really pushing the exercise.

Do you find it hard to stick to this diet?
99% of the time no. Every once in a while I have a bad day of craving stuff I know is going to make me feel awful though. Usually I get through it by doing some other activity to take my mind off, or reminding myself repeatedly that the few moments of flavor are NOT worth the days of retribution.

I know I'll miss pasta a lot, I love pasta!
I love pasta too, but sadly, it doesn't love me. It turns into curds under the skin of my thighs and an ever-expanding waist line. So I've learned to have (and love) other things that are MUCH better for me.