Old 05-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I'd love to join! I want to lose 15 pounds by then! We go back the last week in August We are going from quarters to semesters so my summer is super short!
Princess of the KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #17  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

Spiritualflow- my dads birthday is August 5th! Mine is may 26, so I don't have huge goals for then, but I'd like to be in the 230's.

I guess I didn't post my goals! I want to be 220 by the end of this challenge. We go back around aug. 16th but I'm going to use my next dr appointment in August as my finish line. That would put me lower than I've ever weighed in this dr office's records- my lowest there is 228. I also think that will give me a good shot at having much better blood work.
That's 27 lbs from today. I think I can do it. Another goal of the summer is to use my reduced class load to get centered and healthy in mind as well as body. I want to stay consistently on plan (which for me means getting back on as soon as I get off, even if I fall off three times a week) and do a lot more yoga, and maybe even join a yoga class! I have a little social anxiety And the thought of a group workout with strangers scares me right now. I want to overcome that this summer.
Right now my knee is swollen and hurts, so I'm doing upper body exercises today.
Is everyone on plan and going strong?

Should we do a daily weigh in or food log?
I
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 154/149/130

Height: 5'4"

kimminy - thats great! I've never played squash, but my boyfriend works at GoodLife Fitness and thinks its okay. And cool, my minor is in Anthro, psych and soc.

aleksandra - I hope that means your joining the challenge!

Kristi22 - LOL Yea, its TOTALLY motivational I commend your braveness in trying Insanity, I'm too afraid to try P90X.. but mainly because I don't have a pullup bar, or resistant bands to replace them. Good Luck! Also, do you know a site where I could find out how many calories I should be eating a day? And water bottles help SO much. If you're used to drinking pop, fill up a pop bottle with water, you'll mistake it for pop 100 times a day, and "accidentally" drink water, but also get used to it. It kinda helps too! You high school story is encouraging, thanks! And yes, drink now, then go sober! Lol I don't think I'm going to drink, EXCEPT MY BDAY. I haven't celebrated a bday since I was 16 and I really need to this year.

Princess of the KING - Thanks for joining!

munchivictim - wow I don't think I've met anybody with the same bday as me. I might try doing yoga at least once a week. After I'm done posting this I'm going to ecercise and then write about it! yay! I think we should do a daily weigh in and food log, keeps us accountable in all areas.

It's great to have so many people on board!! I'm so excited. I came back from a full day of work 11am-9pm and I'm BEAT! But because of all of you I'm going to get off my *** and work out! It's probably only going to be 30 minutes, but its better than nothing!! I'll write about my day when it's done! GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!

Last edited by spiritualflow; 05-08-2012 at 10:39 PM.
spiritualflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:42 AM   #19  

OKAY!

So Today was my first day of work! woo! And also my first day working out! woo!

Food:

Breakfast - a bowl of oatmeal crisp/milk

Lunch - Burger King original chicken sandwich combo (BAD BAD IDEA. I also got a stomach ache. I haven't eaten alot of fast food recently and now I'm having issues eating it.)

Dinner - a banana... lol. and a cup of koolaid

Workout: 30 minutes playing DDR (dance dance revolution) I sweat like a pig, and the machine told me I burned JUST under 250 calories! not bad for 30 minutes I think?

Goals for the rest of the week: NO FAST FOOD! (this shouldn't be hard, I only ate today because I didn't have food at home to eat, and I only had 5 bucks and BK is the only place I can get alot of food for 5 bucks... I have a huge pot of home made hamburger helper that will last a week) I need to drink at least 2 cups of water a day, and NO KOOL AID, maximum 1 cup a day of that stuff.

According to MyFitnessPal: I need to eat 1200 calories a day to lose the weight I want. I'll try for 1200-1300, because I think 1200 is too low. But today I ate 1,735 calories half of which was my lunch. But I hope to not eat there again, soooo yea I also ate 250g carbs (37 grams over), 67g fat (16g over), 42g protein (16g under) I've never tracked my calories before so this is really enlightening. So food wise... today was not good! I hope tomorrow is a better day!!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:57 AM   #20  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

Hey everyone! I've decided that in order for me to go anywhere and regain that motivation that I constantly lose, I need to join some sort of challenge. So here I am after a few months of not logging in.

I don't start school until October, as the school I'm enrolling in this coming fall is on a quarter-based schedule. That gives me 5 months to reach my goal of 25 pounds. Truthfully, I would like to push for more than this, but I tend to give up easily if I notice things are moving at a slower pace than I want.

Through this challenge, I would definitely like to limit myself on SODA. This is my deal breaker right here. I really would like to drink as little as one can a day, but because I've lately been tanking it like it's water, if I can stick to an absolute maximum of two, that would be acceptable. Of course, I will push for the one can a day rule as much as possible. That said, anyone on here have tips for people like me who must have some form of carbonation in their drinks? I don't really drink soda for the caffeine or sugar - it's mostly because I love the bubbly carbonation. Haha.

As far as exercise goes, I'm honestly SUUUCH a lazy bum. I'm striving for 5 times a week for a minimum of half an hour a day.

Finally, I have one mini goal set that I'd like to fit my favorite pair of bermuda shorts from high school.

I look forward to reading everyone's posts! Let the sweat and suffering (hey, I like my bad foods too!) begin.

Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:10 AM   #21  

Atarimae - WELCOME!! - I'm sure you will find a lot of support here, as well as advice! As for the pop problem (we call it pop here), I was the same as you, drinking it like water, and drinking NO water I have since then stopped, and I still drink maybe... once or twice a week? I have 2 tips for you:

1. Have you tried carbonated water? There's regular and flavoured water, and it still has that bubbly effect, however I'm not sure how healthy the flavoured water is, but it could be a middle step, so check it out! I love that stuff, but I don't buy bottled water anymore.

2. I found that I was ALWAYS carrying around a pop bottle, all day at school. So what I did was I tricked myself by filling an empty one with water. So when I reached for my pop, I'd take a few sips and be like "aw crap it's water " But I'm thirsty, so I'll drink a bit anyways. I may not drink alot, but in tricking myself I could drink up to a full bottle of water by accident! Which is still better than none at all.

I hope that helps!!
Old 05-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 158/154/130

Atarimae, I was going to say the same thing as SpiritualFlow. They do have carbonated water that's pretty good and comes in all kinds of flavors. These are usually in the water aisle at the grocery store. They have 0 calories, which is definitely good for us dieters, but the carbonation, as with all carbonated beverages, makes you feel bloated and the artificial sweeteners can actually cause you to have higher cravings for real sweet food (soda included). I personally love them, though, and I think they can work well as a substitute!

SpiritualFlow, it looks like you maybe found one?! They have a bunch of websites with BMI calculators that will tell you. I feel like I read that you and I were around the same weight (156 pounds), and height (5'4") with the same general goals, so I think you should try for closer to 1300 calories a day or maybe even a little more since you're going to be very active. I tried 1200 once and immediately went back up to 1500 because I wasn't reaching my goal and felt like I wasn't doing well enough. And I love food and 300 calories can be something really tastey!

As for Munchievictim's idea, I think doing some kind of consistent weigh-in would be good. Daily has the potential to put me in a bad mood if I don't see the results I want, but for others it helps them stay on track. What does anyone else think? We could do a required weekly weigh-in and daily food journals (and weigh-in for those that prefer)? Will people forget if the weigh-ins are that spread apart?

Last edited by Kristi22; 05-09-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Kristi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #23  

I think thats a good idea, daily food/exercise and weekly weigh-ins.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #24  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

I'd love to join you all! I think I can hit my goal weight before I go back to Alabama, but I need something to keep me accountable.
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #25  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

heyyy i hope everyone is having a great day! I weighed in at 160 this morning, which would mean I'd only have 15 to go, but then I got curious and weighed again after my shower, and it said 161.8.... i'll write down the highest amount but walk around with pride that i saw 160 lololol

Atarimae I agree with everyone about the carbonated water, I personally don't like pop, unless it's cream soda, so I didn't have a hard time letting it go, but carbonated water tastes great!!

Munchievictim & Kristi22 I`m down for weighing in weekly as well as dropping in daily to let each other know how everything is going!
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #26  

Hey Bama Girl! Welcome to the club
Old 05-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 205/193.2/135

Height: 5'3"

I'd like to get in on this. I was doing so well in the winter, but then this semester got really busy and I fell off the bandwagon. BUT I'm starting my 3rd and final year of law school at the end of August and I'd love to go back to school with a little more confidence!!!
SweetPeach3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #28  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

Ugh finals week and a busted knee! I'm trying to get some strength training in but it's not going super great lol.
I'm eating low carb but today I cycled up. I've been well below 50g carbs every day but today I'm at about 100g.
I had 6 hot wings and like 5 French fries for brunch, a pb&j sandwich for late lunch and I'm having cheese and hot sauce nachos for dinner. Cheese and turkey pepperoni for snacks.
1590 calories. I shoot for 1600 a day and lose steadily when I'm allowed to move.

Last edited by munchievictim; 05-09-2012 at 07:04 PM.
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 158/154/130

I went on a short hike with my friends today, so that's my exercise of the day. I was just happy to get out of the house and get outside and moving! As for my food...

Breakfast - 2 pieces of toast with 2 fried eggs
Lunch - Half of a DELICIOUS cafe ham sandwich on rye. My first experience with sprouts on a sandwich, and I am in love! I also had a little too many kettle cooked chips.
Dinner - The other half of my sandwich, and....

That's all I've eaten so far, but I need to get some more food in me or else I'll come home ravaging after the bars and eat everything in sight.

I keep thinking about what everyone's reactions will be to a skinnier and healthier me returning to school next summer, and it gets me so motivated!!
Kristi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #30  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Munchievictim: You can do it!!! That's the key, you just have to get up each time you fall! Yoga is awesome. All the classes here are at times I can't manage with my kids... I REALLY want to do it, though! I've struggled with social anxiety too, but people in yoga classes have always been so nice, in my experience. Just do it! Build some muscle, and that knee will stop giving you problems . I'm down for weekly weigh in's and daily food. My weight is all over the place day to day so a daily weigh in would be hard for me to pin down.

Spiritualflow: I'm Majoring in Soc with a minor in Anthro . Good for you for sucking it up and getting your workout in!

Good luck at your new job! And Koolaid?!! GAHHH Girl, toss it out!!! That stuff is straight up sugar poison. You don't need it!

Atarimae:Stick with the board, it's so motivating! Can you handle selzer water? I like it with a little bit of lime juice. Helps the fizz craving without all the calories.

You are not a lazy bum, you can do this!

Ok I messed up my post and missed a bunch of people. I'll get the hang of this, eventually. Sorry!

My classes are out for a 3 week break but my kids are still in school, so I had some time to myself this morning. I was going to run some errands... but am frankly burned out on day to day life so I stayed around here. My apartment complex has a sad little fitness center but it's better than nothing, and I was too lazy to drive to the gym today. I ran a mile on the treadmill, did upper body weights, and swam a few laps in the pool... then I laid around in the sun for a couple hours reading. It was a good battery recharge

I am an IF'er so I haven't eaten yet. I have big plans for a chicken breast and some zuchinni... as soon as I get the kiddos settled for the night.

I really wish my daughter hadn't eaten all the blackberries!!!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote