Old 05-10-2011, 06:39 PM   #16  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferumbras View Post
Yes, yes, and, umm, YES.

I can't wait for part 2 to come out. Not that this was my favorite book in the series, but it'll be good to see it conclude. (in the best of ways) What I'm really looking forward to is the release of the Hobbit. I'm a huge Tolkien fan.
Haha, that's hilarious. I did NOT type gosh darn with sprinkles on top! Seriously why is this board censored?!

But anywhoot, yes I am excited for it also! I remember reading the book until 5am because I HAD to finish it.

I'm curious as to how The Hobbit will turn out, I hope Peter Jackson's heart is in it!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:40 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
I'm curious as to how The Hobbit will turn out, I hope Peter Jackson's heart is in it!
Same. It's such an amazing story. Makes my heart swell every time I read it. I'm also really curious to know where the split between the two parts will come, as it's slated to be released as two feature-length films.
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:44 PM   #18  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferumbras View Post
Same. It's such an amazing story. Makes my heart swell every time I read it. I'm also really curious to know where the split between the two parts will come, as it's slated to be released as two feature-length films.
I'm happy about this trend in book adaptations, there's just too much information that can't be fit into 2 hours of screen time! What are your favourite films?
Old 05-10-2011, 06:52 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
I'm happy about this trend in book adaptations, there's just too much information that can't be fit into 2 hours of screen time! What are your favourite films?
Agreed.

Hmm.... Well, I love Flight of Dragons, Last Unicorn, and Return to Oz for kids' films. There are others (Labyrinth, for one, and Willow), but those are the three bigs ones I always return to. Other films I really enjoy: Gosford Park, the original Star Wars trilogy, and Lord of the Rings naturally. Otherwise, I tend to like a lot genre films that never quite make it to being things I watch repeatedly: I love action movies, esp. gun-fu and kung-fu, documentaries, some animated films including anime, and MST3K (which I will re-watch). I'm sure there are others that I'm forgetting.

#1 has to be Princess Bride, though.

You?
Old 05-10-2011, 10:11 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

I had an amazing weekend including some rather high-calorie meals. Sunday dinner was steak and potatoes with mushrooms braised in butter and garlic. (Yum! but oh the calories!) I was sure I'd be up and regretting but instead I weighed in this afternoon at 135.8

I got a tattoo this weekend! We went out to Yuma and saw the tattoo guy who did my BF's (I loved the lettering he did on BF's) it hurt but I was strong and didn't even whimper. Learning to take care of it has been interesting. I should never have brought my slim-fit jeans with me since it is right on my hip bone and they rubbed right there. I was changing the bandage this afternoon on the train home and looked in the mirror and I saw it. I saw all the hard work I had put in!

I hope everyone else is having a great week, I'll be back later!

*quietly*
Riestrella and Ferumbras I like films too but perhaps that belongs in another thread?
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #21  

Sorry. Figured the weekly chat was an okay place for getting to know each other beyond our scale numbers. My mistake.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:34 PM   #22  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

The weather here is terrible but I'm slowly shrinking back to a reasonable size. Cutting out junk food and upping protein really helps. I get annoyed reading everyone going "EAT MOAR PROTEIN" everywhere but they're onto something. I'm keeping calories ~1500/day and I only feel hungry before mealtimes, none of this "I'm going to pass out I'm so famished" business.

My Star Trek addiction continues. I'm almost finished with Season 3 of TNG and have actually started speaking/typing like Data in real life and saying "make it so." It's only a matter of time before I replace my mugshot avatar with a Star Trek related one.

fromthebox What's your tattoo of? Hipbones are always a w00t.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:36 PM   #23  
sugar is the devil

Fromthebox What kind of tattoo did you get? That's one of my rewards to myself when I lose weight. I have SOOO many tattoos plan but I'm just waiting for the moment when I can show them off comfortably.
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:25 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

Ferumbras- I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude but it felt a bit more like the two of you were chatting exclusively and the rest of us had been left on page one. By all means, chat away. I didn't want to make you feel unwelcome and I apologize if I did. I guess we're not all as talkative lately and my perception is off.

krampus- I think I'm coming arount to the "MOAR PROTEIN" side of things as well, I stay fuller longer. PS - I've got a great Picard icon that says "make it so" if you ever need an avatar change

Sweets- I'll try to get a good pic of the tattoo later to share, it's in Irish Gaelic and it says "I am my beloved's and he is mine" As to showing them off, mine is at that level where I can still hide it when visiting the parents - I asked the tattoo artist to move it a centimeter lower and he says "That's no good if you put on weight it will distort." I almost smacked him. Maybe some day I will get the others that I want, but I have to wait until after Vet school.
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:17 AM   #25  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

fromthebox: That's awesome that you got a tattoo! After all your hard work, you deserve it! I want to get a tattoo on my side, but want to wait until I'm a bit less curvy to do it. In the meantime I might get something smaller just because I really want another tattoo 8-)

krampus: Haha, I love the "make it so" line! I think everyone should include that in their day to day vocabulary. Are you originally from Japan? I'm hoping to move there for a year very soon! Can't wait, I love Japanese food...going to be a bit of a temptation when I'm surrounded by it!

Ferumbras: I have so many favourite films! Chungking Express is probably my favourite, just because it always pops into my head when someone asks me what's my favourite film. Others are The Blair Witch Project, Moulin Rouge!, Children of Men, My Neighbor Totoro, The Lion King, Labyrinth, Kairo, Lars and the Real Girl...there are so many! I've watched a few great Anime films recently, like The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Paprika and Millennium Actress.

As for what's new in my weight loss journey - I tend to weigh myself on a Sunday, but after last weeks disappointment (stayed the same) I weighed myself today since it's nice and almost in the middle of the week...and I've lost 2 lbs! I'm not sure if my scales are funky, but I'm thrilled! Hoping it will stay that way until Sunday so I can mark it on my chart!
Old 05-11-2011, 07:46 AM   #26  

@fromthebox: I'm sorry if I snapped at you. I love 3FC, but sometimes I find it difficult to get to know the people on here as people, and not just slowly lessening masses.
You should post a picture of you tattoo! I got one a couple years ago and am planning on getting a second as a celebration when I defend.

@Krampus: I love Star Trek! Glad you're getting so in to it.

@Riestrella: Congrats on your loss!

Btw- out of curiosity, what's the origin of people's handles? I'll go first: Sir Ferumbras is a character from medieval literature -- a Saracen knight who converts to Christianity and ends up fighting with the knights of Charlemagne against his own family. I wrote my undergrad thesis on several of the chansons de geste that feature him. The name just became a convenient handle as almost no one else ever has taken it and I've used it for years.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:20 AM   #27  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Riestrella - I love mars too! I don't know I liked them all but mercury haha she was too nerdy for me. I have the full two seasons I've been meaning too watch but I have no time lately haha.

Fatpants - I'll do it one day, but on my terms I don't care...I'm just being difficult about it right now because the test was pointless to begin with and it's not like I got a promotion (which will never happen) or a raise.

===

So this is how stupid the DMV is. (Car Registries) So I had switched my insurance from Ontario to Alberta which is at a much lower rate my god made me sooo happy I went from 365 to 197! a month...yes a month don't ask. Anyways so I then go into the DMV and say I need to switch my car over (and even though it was bought in alberta and it's a 2008 car I still needed to do an out of province inspection test because it was registered in another province....fine what money grabbing SOB's) so I do all of that and I have my bank statement with my current address on it, I have my "Lease" agreement with my current address on it, and as well I have my insurance slip with my address on it.

DMV -"I'm sorry we can't take that..."
Me - "You're kidding right?"
DMV -""No it needs to be a piece of information that's been delivered to your house by mail, like a utilitie bill, visa bill, but you can't use your cell phone bill."
Me -"I don't have mail that get's delivered to me, I pay everything online, you have 3 pieces of paper here that has my address on it."
DMV -""Sorry, or you can get an employement letter with the company heading everything on it stating you live here and work here."
Me -"And what have it mailed to me?"
DMV -""No that doesn't need to be mailed to you."
Me -"Oh but isn't that the issue because I don't have a piece of paper that's been mailed to me?"DMV -""Yes but a letter of employment doesn't need to be mailed to you."
Me - "So you're still registering my car?"
DMV -""Yes"
Me -"Registering it under the address that are the three pieces of paper with my address on it that you won't accept so I can have an Alberta License?"
DMV -""Yes"
Me -"Isn't that something..."
DMV -""You have three months to switch over your license."
Me -"Three months eh? hmm maybe I can get a piece of mail in by then that you guys will accept so I can switch my license over. Thanks for your time and have a great day"

So many loop holes but at the same time, so many pot holes in the system which is ridiculous. haha so I have to say that was pretty much my after noon. bahaha.

Last edited by MiZTaCCen; 05-11-2011 at 09:39 AM.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:46 PM   #28  

@MiZ: Wow, that sounds insanely frustrating. Not to mention just down-right ridiculous. US DMVs are the same way, though. Stupid bureaucracy.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:53 PM   #29  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

131.8 today. Rain continues. Uninspired to do anything other than sleep/watch more Star Trek. I'm so bored at work that I'm already mapping out where to have dinner on August 8, when my friends from UK/Ireland who I met in Japan visit me in New York.

Riestrella I'm a U.S. citizen; I just work here teaching English. I am moving back to NY at the end of July. What would you be doing here? As a rule Western men who come here drop weight like crazy and Western girls eat rice and fried stuff and gain. I stayed the same when I moved here, but I wasn't watching my weight or exercise at all. Unfortunately despite portion sizes being smaller etc eating out here is still a ticking bomb.

Ferumbras My username is from the Austro-Bavarian folk legend Krampus, a demonic monster thing with horns. St. Nicolas rewards good kids and Krampus terrorizes/beats bad kids with birch saplings and rusty chains. I hate children and I love goofy occult monsters so it's a perfect fit!

MiZ what a PAIN. Bureaucracy is so ridiculous sometimes. There are so many straightforward problems with straightforward solutions that people insist on kittyfooting around.

fromthebox That Picard avatar sounds awesome, but I am totally a Klingon fan. Is your tattoo a couples tattoo?!?!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:59 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Just popping in here to kill time / prevent me from thinking about food...hahahah

Does anyone watch the Real Housewives shows obsessively? I can't seem to stop it with the marathons on Bravo. Oh and Bethenny Ever After. I love the show!

Krampus I lived in Hong Kong for 4 months on an exchange program in college and gained 20 pounds from the rice and chinese food. They don't have a good variety of salads or fresh foods / veggies that I am used to in the US, and I didn't like eating the chinese food on campus, so I ended up consuming too many carby snack things. I fought hard and lost the weight, all of it, in 2-3 months doing the elliptical machine at the gym and occasionally swimming. That was the fastest I ever lost weight.
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote