Old 05-08-2011, 09:49 PM   #1  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Default *~*~Weekly Chat, May 9-15~*~*

Hey 20-somethings! How is everyone doing? Seems it's been really quiet lately, hopefully that just means you're all busy being awesome and not hanging your heads in shame.

I am all right, had a rather decadent weekend in Beppu with my friends. Saturday night I drank the better part of a bottle of wine and there was a buffet (there's ALWAYS a buffet). I'm completely out of money - less than 100 yen/$1 USD to my name at the moment - and have about 4 days max groceries to ration out.

It's Monday here, and my morning started kind of rough - woke up with back pain and stepped on a rusty nail while getting out of the shower. Feeling strangely optimistic about the coming week though.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms and daughters!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:13 AM   #2  
sugar is the devil

Yah - it has been super quiet! No posts for a day from nobody !

Krampus EEEkkkk! Rusty nail - I hope your up to date on your Tetanus shot! If not... I would really consider it just in case

Dinner on Saturday was amazing We went to the top of the Calgary Tower which is a revolving restaurant (spins around slowly so you get a 360 view of the city). Served sparkling spritzer water with a lime wedge. My boyfriend and I shared a beet salad to start (argula, roasted beets, goat cheese & olive oil/graprefruit reduction for dressing [sounds so easy to remake at home so I think I'm going to try copying it]). I opted for the Herb Roasted chicken served with wild mushroom/barley & roasted beets, spaghetti squash as the side veggie. It was sooo good! We then split a desert - panna cotta with grilled peach/fresh orange/few sprigs of candied ginger. Not too sweet. Everything was not very large servings (actually really normal servings - which would piss off those who want the bigger the better for there money's worth ) - so I didn't walk out feeling bloated and actually had room for a few bites of dessert for once. A fairly expensive restaurant but sooo worth it... I want to go back for my bday dinner because it was sooo good! And good for my diet !

So sore from exercising with my trainer twice in a row that I def HAD to take Saturday off. Then I got called in for a night shift last night so I end up taking another break on Sunday as I was sleeping for half of the day and the other half spent researching training techniques for my dog (which I now have to really focus on... gonna be a long, drawn out, time consuming process on training him with his aggression issues). Blah... gym tonight tho (after my sleep from this night shift that I'm still currently on... just 2 more hrs....) We've had to work short for the past 2 nights I've been on - meaning I get 9 acute patients to myself... makes me angry but gah.

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 05-09-2011 at 07:21 AM.
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:30 AM   #3  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Man when isn't it quite here these days...seems like were only active when it's winter time. Not a bad thing either haha, I wouldn't be as active as much if I didn't have a desk job for 8 hours of work to be honest.

Anyways I did something to my shoulder blade it hurts like **** and I don't know what I did. I'm also 5 pounds up in water weight. I think tomorrow I'm going to start to get back to going to the gym. also I totally want the Intensity workout DVD's That workout looks sicker then P90X which I did NOT enjoy at all. So thats why I'm a little skeptical about actually buying this series because I DL P90X and I can't seem to dl this one haha and 139 $ is a lot of money for something I may or may not use. haha
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:44 PM   #4  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Hey everyone! I have to admit, I haven't been watching what i'm eating for the past couple of weeks. Last week was dead week and I was so stressed from studying that I didn't even care and ate all of my unhealthy comfort foods. This week is finals and I have such a strange schedule that I can't do what I usually do for meals and i'm basically stuck eating out at least one meal a day. I know i'm gaining some back...but i'd rather focus on getting my As and not stress about food and exercise right now. I'll pick it all back up when this week is over.

on another note, I HATE ALLERGIES!!! Omg mine are so bad right now. I ant even breath through my nose, and I sneeze constantly outside. I feel awful. They need to hurry up and find a cure for allergies...lol
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

@SweetScrumptious: I'm going to have to remember Calgary Tower. My DH and I are going to be in Banff for an extension of our honey moon, flying in and out of Calgary. Seems like a nice dinner there would be delicious. If you have any recommendations for the Banff area, do tell!
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Hiiiiii! I forgot it was a new week... hahaha

So I spent the weekend at work. Today I'm annoyed with myself because I messed up the am/pm function on my alarm and overslept. Siiiiiigh.

Weighing in tomorrow...fingers crossed for good news. I literally did not stray from the food I intended to eat all weekend except for 2 items: 4 munchkins from Dunkin' Donuts, and one random tortilla. I am super pleased with this, because I can graze like nobody's business.

Sounds like everyone had fun weekends!
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:53 PM   #7  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

It's absolutely disgusting outside today but I woke up in a great mood and banged out some pushups and crunches before work. I even enjoyed walking through sideways heavy hot rain and getting soaked on my walk to work.

Last night I said "f--k tetanus" (really, my foot is ok) and went for a run. My pace was sad and pathetic but I went for about 4-4.5 miles and felt good about it. Dinner was super light on accounta I ate more at work than I planned for.

I totally wasn't expecting to be under 60 kg this soon! Weighed in this morning at 59.7 kg, 131.6 lbs. That's down 1.3 kg/2.9 lbs from yesterday.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:01 AM   #8  

Good morning gals.

Day off today, thank the heavens. I'm annoyed because I did not have the loss that I was hoping for. However, I will PRESS ON! Because the beach/bridesmaid dress are coming, like it or not :-p

Planning to do my errands by bike today, because gas is a whopping $4.70 this morning... I'll pass, thank you very much.

krampus
-- Glad your foot is ok. Are you up to date on your tetanus shot? I admire your tolerance of the crap weather. Getting soggy makes me soooo crabby. Thanks for starting the thread, by the way!

Sweetscrumptious-- I hear ya, I'm a night shifter too. I struggled to rustle up some energy last night for my cardio class. I felt like death, but got through it.

Miz-- I've always liked the IDEA of those DVD's...but I don't see myself being consistent with them. I need to be in a room with other sweaty people, because I will push myself to stay on pace with the group. Why didn't you like P90X?

Divine-- Sorry you've had a hard time being on track. It can really get to be a struggle when life gets out of hand. Something that works for me with eating at work/preparing ahead to avoid eating junk: I make a big Crock Pot of Veggie or Turkey Chili, and then I portion it out into Tupperware. All that's left is buying some fruit, veggies, and cheese to snack on, and you're golden! You only have to set aside like... 20 minutes to prepare this stuff. That's llike.. the amount of time spent on 3FC hehehe

Off I go... lots to do today!

Happy Tuesday,
FPSJ
Old 05-10-2011, 11:13 AM   #9  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

krampus - I'm glad your foot is okay, and hey. At least you can run. Unlike me, who can't keep up a jog for more than 30 seconds.

----

So I'm gonna try and be a bit more active on here, though when I am I'm usually procrastinating or not doing much of anything. I've been maintaining right around 198-201 for the last month, so I really need to step it up again. My mom is catching up to me, and starting to steal my clothes. I've tried on most of the pants in my closet and most are too big right now, so I think I'll have to donate them to Goodwill or the Salvation Army sometime soon.

I'm really trying my hardest to get my schedule "normal" again, and get back on track. Today is my last day of classes, and then Thursday is my one and only final, so after that I will have more free time. Maybe then I can actually go food shopping and stop going to Starbucks everyday at work... It will save me money AND I'll be getting back on track calorie wise.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:01 PM   #10  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

So do you remember that test I had to write 360 question and it was apparently a 70% to pass, unfortunately I failed by 67.35% which is SOO LAME and I knew I was going to fail, but I said to myself if I fail by only a couple percent I am NOT writing that test again I don’t give a rats butt! So my manager came and talked to me and I was pissed because I was the only one who failed. No surprised there I thought to myself and of course that was a total ego blow and I told him flat out I refuse to write the test again, he said I was so close and I know what’s on it and I said too bad. I know I know bruised ego maybe I’ll pick up the book eventually and try it out again but no one needs to know I’m just going to be stubborn at this point but still.

Fatpants – It just wasn’t my cup of tea I found it pretty boring to be honest.

Krampus – Yay for the run and being down!

Divine – I never had allergies until I move out west and now I don’t know what I’m allergic too and they go off randomly. Like one minute I can be fine around a cat and the next I’m sniffling and sneezing.

Laneyy – I know how you feel I’ve been between 153 to 155 the last two months and I’m doing nothing about it. haha.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #11  

Laneyy-- I have such a love/hate relationship with Starbucks! It's a calorie/money pit, yet I love love LOVE my caffeine. Hmph. Hope your plans for next week go smoothly!

Miz-- Sorry to hear about your test situation. Maybe you can reattempt another time when you're in a better frame of mind?

So today I realized I bought the wrong size case for my phone, and had to go all the way back to the store (that I originally biked to).. and I decided to walk, because it's gorgeous out and I need the exercise. This means that roundtrip, I walked almost 6 miles! WooHoo!

I am hoping this walk, paired with the 2 exercise classes I was planning on taking tonight, will offset the Cuban food my friend and I are getting this evening All about the balance right?! Hahaha
Old 05-10-2011, 06:14 PM   #12  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone!

I've been feeling a bit off the last few days - not been keeping up with my exercise very well. Sunday my boyfriend left and I was working that day...was really in the mood to watch a film so I did and didn't have time to work out. Yesterday I was working at 3 and I woke up late, I completely lost track of time and didn't work out again. Today I spent the day with my high school friend then watched The Biggest Loser with Mum (ironic, perhaps?) so I might just try and sneak one in before I go to bed (sit ups or something!)

I've got until Saturday off so I'm hoping to cram in lots of work outs to make up for the last couple of days!

Also MiZTaCCen - Totally diggin the Sailor Jupiter avatar. My favourite was always Mars ;p
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
I've been feeling a bit off the last few days
I can sympathize (though for me is work that I'm slacking on). I'm sure you'll get back into it again, though. What film did you watch?
Old 05-10-2011, 06:22 PM   #14  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferumbras View Post
I can sympathize (though for me is work that I'm slacking on). I'm sure you'll get back into it again, though. What film did you watch?
Thank you for the support! I watched Harry Potter and the Death Hallows part 1, I got it on blu ray for my birthday last month and never got around to watching it. I started reading the books when I was 11, quite surreal I'll be seeing the last film adaptation 11 years later!!

Is it bad I just kept looking at Emma Watson thinking "gosh darned with sprinkles on top stupid thin pretty girl"?!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:33 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
Is it bad I just kept looking at Emma Watson thinking "gosh darned with sprinkles on top stupid thin pretty girl"?!
Yes, yes, and, umm, YES.

I can't wait for part 2 to come out. Not that this was my favorite book in the series, but it'll be good to see it conclude. (in the best of ways) What I'm really looking forward to is the release of the Hobbit. I'm a huge Tolkien fan.