sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

You can dooo it rainbow. Just get going and it will get done
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:13 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

sun I read your last post right before I left work and was like "right, yes, I can do it!" and I got back, ready to put on my gear and get going - and then found my boyfriend hanging out with our friend and another friend who has just returned from nearly 2 years in China...so now I'm kind of hanging out with them (in between coming on here and keeping myself completely accountable haha). So it's not happening. My plan as of now is to see how late dinner will be, and, if other stuff isn't going on, I'm going to go for at least a short walk after dinner.

If nothing else, I have my Zumba date after work tomorrow and I never bail on my date with Zumba.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:51 AM   #33  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Sun - HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!! I can't believe I missed it, I'm so sorry. =/ It sounds like you're getting back on track now and good for you! I'm so glad your date went well. =)

rainbow - Sounds like your bf didn't make it home to go with you to the dinner the other night, but at least you get to hang out with him now. =) Darn it that things didn't work out so you could get in a work out last night... but all is well when you get to be with friends you haven't seen in a while.

ande - Oh man! Renovations?! I sure hope you all have someone doing them for you? That's crazy!

fatmac - Good to see you around. =) Just get back on it, lady!

I've continued the downward trend, but truth be told I'm not out of the 170s just yet. I hope to be back in the 160s by the 13th... but I'm starting to feel like it might be wishful thinking. Of course that's still my goal though! I'm so sick of the backsliding and am totally over it (I think). I've been doing superbly except on Sunday - I gave myself permission to eat more bread than usual. It put me over calories for the day and I'm up a couple of pounds today, but it'll go away. =) Hope you all had a lovely weekend!
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:56 AM   #34  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Someone doing them for me? HA! LOL. Just me and my boyfriend! It's okay, it builds extra work outs in my schedule! (do you realize how many muscles you use holding insulation above your head while he staples them up? I didn't either!)

it's slowly getting their... I can't wait to move things in! (I have to give it a few more months...)
Andejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:04 AM   #35  
Diet and Exercise!

S/C/G: 185/165/135

Height: 5'3"

Ok, I am back on track. 100%. I don't like the number on the scale today, but it's also TOM so I'm taking it in stride. I'm still ridiculously sore from skiing, but I managed to get out for a 40 minute walk yesterday, and swam this morning for 25 minutes. We're expecting a big snow storm later tonight, so I'm not sure if I'll get to the gym tomorrow... we shall see.

Andejean - have fun with the renovations! It sounds like a lot of hard work, but you'll really enjoy the results!

Stargzr - you'll be back on track in no time! I feel like we are really similar right now (both in struggles and in weight!)

Rainbowstripe- don't worry about skipping one day. (it only becomes a problem when that one day turns into two and three and so on-take it from me!) It's worth it to hang out with old friends! Have fun at zumba!

Sun - I'm just starting to get my roll back, and I'm like you - when I'm on a roll, there's no stopping!

Have a great day!!
fatmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:37 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Hi All!

I hit my mental breaking point today. I stepped on the scale for the first time since before Christmas... clothed and after lunch I was 193.4 lbs. I know that the variables threw off the number but I kind of wanted that rather than knowing the cold hard truth first thing in the morning. So let's say I'm really 2-3 lbs less, that puts me around 190.

Plan of Attack:
what I want to do: eat nothing but salad and chicken broth for the next month.
what I WILL do because the first thought is ridiculous: drink lots and lots of water, start my food diary again to ensure I'm getting the right balance of nutrients, and GO TO THE GYM! (with my DH's handy little workout app on his ipod touch )

Oh ladies. Considering I know each one of you will be successful, guess I have to turn some of that optimism to apply to me too!
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:50 PM   #37  

Stephanie Funny thing is, he actually got home at 3pm. I finished work at 4pm, went over...and found him in bed, sleeping. Hah. Silly boy he is sometimes. His family was having a family barbecue the same night anyway, so he stayed there while I went to the dinner with my parents. Works out fine sometimes to do things separately - I just like knowing he'll be there when I go to sleep hah. Good on you for doing well with food and continuing downwards! Bread is one of my weaknesses as well - hot, fresh baked out of the oven with melted butter It's a very rare occasion I still eat it like that.

fatmac Teehee, the problem is...yesterday was not a one off, it was just one of many days in the long line of non-exercise days. The last thing I did that even remotely counts as exercise was a 25 minute walk with my Dad on Saturday, and that was not really at a fast pace because of his low fitness level. You're doing great with your workouts! Snow storm sounds fun, but only because I've never really experienced snow - I'm sure the reality is not quite as fun as I'm imagining...

~So I was right under my 1500 calorie limit last night, including an icecream. I felt like I probably shouldn't have eaten the icecream given my lack of exercise, but it was in my calories...so I did it anyway. And enjoyed it. Today I have a Weight Watchers frozen meal for my lunch - my experience is that they don't taste that good, but it was pretty much my only choice so I hope it's at least edible and filling. Kind of apprehensive about Zumba, it will be the most intense workout I've done in a couple of weeks, most likely I will have my butt kicked.
Going home after that for dinner and to spend a couple of nights with my parents. My mum needs someone to tell her to rest because she's got Shingles but doesn't seem to understand that when the doctor says rest and don't go to work..that's exactly what they mean.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:10 PM   #38  
sun

rainbowaw hope you had fun with your friends. Sometimes life is more important then one day's exercise. how was Zumba? I hope your mum feels better soon; my neighbor has shingles and said it hurt something crazy.

steph I am sooo very proud of you! Way to get back on track Thank you for the birthday wishes hmmm bread...I ate like 4 breadsticks at my bday dinner...they were so delish. lets just work it off!

fatmac ohh bummer about the snow storm and not being able to get to the gym. You are soo good about being 100%. I almost always have to fit things into my diet that I can't live without. Like chocolate

prepping I was scared of the scale last week too and it bit me in the a** :P We start 2011 from here!

So ladies I am selling my treadmill to my friend and bought myself an elliptical. My hubby was sick of how much room my treadmill was taking up. This elliptical is easy to move and takes up half the space, By the way it kicked my butt today! I barely made 5 minutes then I finally realized that I had it on resistance. It was easier on the lowest setting but it was still hard. But now I have a machine to work myself on no excuses ladies.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:21 PM   #39  

sunWoo, Zumba was HARD. But good. I feel good to finally be back into the exercise, now I just have to keep it going! Fun news about your elliptical! I've never even used one, are they fun?

~Yup, so Zumba kicked my a$$, but I felt so good to be doing exercise again. Today (in about an hour) I'm going to attempt my new workout dvd, my parents got it for me as a joke. It's the kittycat Dolls workout dvd, it could be crap, but I feel like giving it a go.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:29 PM   #40  
sun

rainbow hahah tell me how your video goes The elliptical is very rythmic I like that, I know once I build myself up I will into a groove

OH my goodness girls...I can't seem to go back to eating well. I am so pissed at myself. I have to just do it but I seem to be hesitating so much. So mad and disappointed with myself. blurg!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:02 PM   #41  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

Sun, I'm having eat well issues too... I try, but I'm actually eating below my calorie goal... I aim for 1600 cals, and these last few weeks... ugh. Today I am at 977 and it's 9 pm! (actually, I haven't logged that Tbsp of chocolate chips yet, so make that 1040...) BAD, BAD ANDE! I am saving a bag of popcorn for watching tv tonight, and that will add, but really, I'm not hungry! I worked out a bunch today (1 hour on wii your shape with jenny McCarthy, which is HARD!), and I also drank all 8 recommended glasses of water by early afternoon today, so I just don't know...

Thursday is grocery shopping day, so I think I'll switch up the food and try to get out of this rut...

Sun, I hope you feel better about your eating soon, I feel your pain!

( I also ate half of a 12 inch taco pizza last night for dinner, went over on my cals by 300 for the first time in a LONG time, other than that I've been under on them since I got sick... ugh.)
Old 01-12-2011, 12:26 AM   #42  

sun Dvd was kind of ridiculous, some of it was good, some of it was kind of bad - overall I enjoyed it and I think I got a good workout though I had to tweak some bits - tossing my head in circles doesn't seem like it's doing anything good for any part of my body, aside from making me dizzy!! I'm sorry you're having problems with your eating - you'll get there I'm sure of it.

Andejean I hope you get out of your food rut! I wouldn't worry about one day being over on calories like that if it's only a very occasional thing!
Old 01-13-2011, 02:38 PM   #43  
sun

ande I wish I had that problem... but i did well the last two days... how did your food switch go?

rainbow hahaha swingin your head in circles?! cracking me up! Glad you got an exercise in though.

So I did great eatin wise yesterday and the day before. Worked out on the elliptical...got it up to 15 minutes,,,,whew.... and am going to try and keep it going till sunday when I will allow myself some cake at a birthday party
Hope you all are doing well this week.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:45 PM   #44  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

food switch was a no go, as I haven't made it to the store today. I should be able to go tomorrow, but I did eat a lot closer to my goal yesterday.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:12 PM   #45  

sun I'm trying to post quickly and basically all I could see in your post was cake - shows where my head is at! Well done with the eating and getting your time on the elliptical up!

andejean Hope you get some good food soon!

~Down to 147.7 pounds/67kg now! Yay! Did 15 mins stationary bike + 10 mins rowing machine this morning. Off to see a band called The National tonight after my 4 hour shift at work - after my shower, which I have to go have now because I'm running late!