Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 04:44 AM   #1  
!

S/C/G: 225/tick tock tick tock/130

Height: 5'4"

Default !! Weekly Chat: August 2 - 8 !!

I'm starting the weekly chat! Whoo-hoo! Maybe that'll make up for not being around for the last few weeks. Life's been busy and crazy and amazing, and I don't even have time to breathe, much less hang out on 3FC. But I miss you guys, so I'm B-A-C-K.

This morning I woke up and hopped on the scale. Lo and behold! I'm down to 209. It was a huge surprise, since Friday was an unplanned splurge day and Saturday was a planned splurge day. Lots of sodium and sugar and ice cream floats and eggplants w/ goat cheese.

Quick recipe:
  1. Slice an eggplant (or two!) the long way into 1/4" thick strips.
  2. Salt and drain them for 30 minutes.
  3. Rinse slices and pat dry, then toss in olive oil and red pepper flakes.
  4. Roast on high heat on a grill insert until soft, flipping halfway through.
  5. Let cool, then spread goat cheese on each one.
  6. Roll the eggplant splices up and hold in place w/a toothpick if necessary.
  7. NOM NOM NOM.

So amazing. So filling. SO FREAKING EASY.

I also wanted to say that you ladies are absolutely amazing. I know it's hard to see progress when you're looking in the mirror at yourself every day, but popping in only occasionally has been a blessing, in that I see how far everyone's going, and how hard you are all working. Even the small set-backs aren't so bad, when you consider all of the progress you've made over the last few months. Congrats on weight loss, law school, grad school, and staying on plan! You ladies are such an inspiration!
Old 08-02-2010, 07:53 AM   #2  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Good Morning Everyone!!!!!

Man I am in a sleep induced haze for some reason this morning. Maybe because it's Monday.

Other than drinking too much beer Saturday night I'm feeling pretty good. And I was really proud of myself on Saturday when I went to lunch with the parents - we went to Chilis - I got a chicken sandwich on whole wheat, but I thought it automatically came with the veggies because it said "guiltless grill - steamed veggies" right underneath it. UM NO... came with a plate of fries. I ate mabye 3 or 4. Other than the chips and salsa prior I would say that was a win. LOL

I'm house sitting all week so I even though the people I'm house sitting for bought me some groceries I went and bought a few things last night to be well prepared for the week. Including Sugar Free pudding packs which I haven't eaten in... I don't even know how long. YUM!!!

----------------------
Theresa - sounds like you've been doing really well, girl! Your egg plant sounds delicious!!!! Congrats on the loss! Sometimes our bodies do weird things. I like to think that every now and then we need a shock to the system to get things movinga gain.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:43 AM   #3  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Morning all! Happy Monday!! I have 19 days till vacation!

Anyways, I was totally off plan yesterday. Good reason, though. It was my Mom's side of the fam's reunion in PA. Great italian food, all homemade. I couldn't not eat it. Really. Besides, that's been my only off plan day since 6/8! Woo!

Back on plan today! WI on Saturday was 238, so hopefully I didn't screw something up with my day off, but it doesn't really matter, it'll come back off eventually!

How was everyone's weekends?
Old 08-02-2010, 08:46 AM   #4  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Good morning ladies!! I am exhausted from this past week and this week is going to be just as busy as I work every day except today. So I weighed myself yesterday and got an amazing 209.6!! YAY only 10 more lbs and I will be under 200 again..woohoo

Theresa- its been sooo long since I've had eggplant that I dont remember what it tastes like but that recipe sounds delicious and I love goat cheese!

Feral- way to go with only eating 3 or 4! I feel like I'm good at not eating stuff like french fries....but bad at eating enough veggies right now.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:15 AM   #5  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Grumble. Morning.

I had a crappy drive back to Maryland yesterday (Delaware, you SUCK) and I ate my way through traffic. I didn't eat bad things, just went over calories. So I'm at 167.4. Which really, not terrible. I didn't eat stellar on Saturday, either, because of concert food, but I'm back today. I think a lot of that is water from the chips I had yesterday.

Becky - Way to go

Feral - You are like the professional house sitter

Theresa - Welcome back!
Old 08-02-2010, 09:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I died this weekend....

that is all
Old 08-02-2010, 10:00 AM   #7  
Samantha417

Morning everyone!

The kitchen is almost all done except for some touch up painting and our counter top. We're just without a kitchen sink for one more week. It SUCKS!!! But the kitchen looks great and I'll take a pic of it when it's all done!

The pool party was good, I got some nice compliments from friends who haven't seen me since may. I went nuts on a buffalo chicken wing dip that I'm in love with, so when it came time for BBQ, all I could eat was a little bit of pasta salad and one bite from my hot dog. And because of that, I ended up drinking more than what I had wanted. So to sum it all up, the scale is back at 135 today and I am sodium bloated. But it was all worth it and I'm back to somewhat on plan today...I'm tired of ordering turkey hoagies from the convenience store...we can't really cook anything right now But I've managed!

I'm really hoping that Greg will take me to see Dinner for Shmucks tomorrow...I really want to see it, it looks hilarious!!

Theresa: that recipe looks yummy, too bad I hate eggplant! hahah! Welcome back, and congrats on the weight loss!!

Feral: Have fun with the house sitting! Pudding packs rule! They make me feel like a little kid again!

Becky: Kickin' butt woman!!!

Stella: Delaware does indeed suck.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 151/145/125

Height: 5'6

Hi all,

I am new here. I weighed myself this morning and I am 149lbs. It probably is water weight. After years of yo-yo dieting, my metabolism is shot and I can't get below 140 no matter how hard I try. So, now I am trying a healthy approach to weightloss. I am eating much better instead of binging, and started on an exercise program.

Here goes nothing!
Old 08-02-2010, 11:26 AM   #9  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

blah i think TOM is on its way here.....i killed a pint of ice cream last night and perhaps earlier in the day. ate like crap really but it may have evened out caloriewise. wasnt paying attention to everything i ate.
i hope to be down a few more pounds by end of the month i'm going to NY for my lil cousins bridal shower

hope y'all have a good monday
Old 08-02-2010, 11:30 AM   #10  

S/C/G: highest 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning Girls!!

Wonderful news! I weighed in at 164.2 this morning. Thats a 4 pound loss from last Monday! Woohoo!!!!!! I am not officially below my goal. I need to be at 165.5 to be halfway there.

I blame this on Haley. I wanted a new dress for our Anniversary dinner this Saturday night so I went to Ross yesterday. I tried on 7 dresses and bought FIVE of them! I didn't get one of them because it was falling off of me. It was a 13 in juniors (Yippy!) and the other was kinda see through and I'm not a slip girl. I got 5 dresses for me and 1 fr my 7 yo niece for her bday and only spend $77. I count that as a win.

I love my DH. I got home from shopping and was mentioning that then I make $150 on this Online job thing that I'm doing, that I wanted to use that money to go shopping because I am really running out of clothes that fit me. He said "For our anniversary, would you rather get new clothes or get a Kindle?" I said immediatly new clothes. A kindle would be nice, but the clothes are a current necessity. So he handed me $140 that he had earned as a bonus a work. Needless to say, he may have gotten lucky last night. I'm gonna save that money for a few more weeks and probably buy some fall-winter clothes with it.

Nina - Welcome!!! Everyone here is great! Lots of support to come your way!

Samantha - I bet you CAN NOT WAIT for your kitchen to get done. I know it will be worth it in the end but the getting there part can be frustrating. Buffalo Chicken Dip...mmmm.....

Haley - whats wrong love?

Becky - Yay! You'll be below 200 in no time!

Kate - You can't pass up yummy homemade italian food. You just can't.

Feral - Yay for getting to stay at someone elses house. Its kind of like a vacation.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:52 AM   #11  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

lol jenn wtg on the shopping
Old 08-02-2010, 11:56 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 258/229.2/160

I'm a new girl here, but might as well jump in.

I had an amaaaazing weekend, and by amazing I mean super awesomely fun, if rather unsuccessful in the diet department Too much calorie/fat/sodium laden food at a friend's housewarming, and two nights of drinks with friends. The scale reflected that this morning, but I'm on my water and veggies and fruits today. I'll be 2 pounds down by tomorrow, I'll bet, and all the way back to starting or lower by Friday.

Weekends kick my butt... if my friends weren't so great, I'd be tons better off (diet wise) with no social life

I'm in desperate need of a mani-pedi, but holding out on myself until I get a couple of pounds below where I was last week. Gotta have that incentive. I'm four short months out from a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise, I've got to kick it in high gear!
Old 08-02-2010, 12:16 PM   #13  
Borderline Amazing!!!

S/C/G: 230/228/165

Happy Monday Everyone! I am once again, back on the wagon. I have been pretty busy the last few months and also pretty bad in the eating department. My whole side of the family has birthdays in summer so there have been a lot of parties, aka a lot of cake. I've done pretty well, only had 1 slice at my 5 yr old's party. Threw the rest of it away real quick

My mini goal for this month is to lose 10 lbs. Final goal is 165. I want to be here by January. Wouldn't it be nice to start the new year at the weight you want to be instead of at your starting weight? New Years resolution would be maintaining, not losing the weight. How many people get to say that? "My resolution is to maintain the weight I'm already at!"

Anyway! Good luck to you all and have a great Monday!
Old 08-02-2010, 12:31 PM   #14  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Good afternoon ladies!

I hate mondays I dont feel like working out today so I know today will be a treadmill day lol I feel so tired and drained I did have a decent weekend! Heres to a better day.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:43 PM   #15  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Just jumped my fat arse on the scale to see if I had done any damage last night when I got home and ate what I consider to be a ton!
Drumroll please..............208.4! Winner winner chicken dinner
Closed Thread