Old 03-05-2009, 09:23 AM   #31  
proud mama

S/C/G: S196.2/See Ticker/G135

Height: 5'7"

OK so I'm new here pardon my stupidity but what is this 30 shred? Sounds like I'm interested...Hubby wants to get P90X which would you recommend?
wannabeskinnyagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:41 AM   #32  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

I don't know what a p90x is but 30 day shred is Jullian Michaels (the trainer from the biggest loser) her weight lose DVD. It's an amazing workout!

I've been doing now for two weeks, and Im STILL on level one! lol. but I also do my wii fit and I go to the gym 3 times a week. I don't think I could do it every day tho. that would kill me!
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:21 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

I agree with Nish- stretch stretch stretch! It feels amazing and it builds lots of flexibility anyway

I feel like dying from yesterday, but I'm going to do cardio on my lunch hour regardless!
angelinelosesweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:54 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Okay, the stretching advice is a lot more helpful!
(i tend to pause it when she's finished her stretching so I can do a little more before and after)
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #35  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Yeah, I think that's probably a good call on the extra stretching. She's pretty focused on everything being in that 20 minute time frame that she kinda has to rush through the stretching, eh?

And Nish... that "stomping around like Frankenstein" bit? Sooo me today. My legs, my arms, they're all stiff and raw, and the action of sitting down on the toilet (sorry if that's TMI!) kills my legs. I think I need to do more squats in day to day life, my leg muscles are NOT up to snuff!

Gonna change out of my jeans and go do the DVD again. On my first day, I couldn't get through the whole thing without pausing and taking a wow-I'm-getting-tunnel-vision break, so we're gonna see if I can this time around, or if the sore muscles just make things even HARDER. ...I feel really weak, lol.

Out of curiosity... I thought you weren't supposed to do muscle training every day? I thought you're supposed to give them a day of rest? I'm not trying to get out of doing this every day, by any means, but I thought that was kind of a cardinal rule? Building muscle requires rest..? Or not really?

Last edited by Jelbb; 03-05-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:28 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Not to offend anyone who thinks differently, but that cardinal rule pertains to athletes undergoing hardcore training, OR serious exercise beginners. Not us Carpet Warriors doing a workout video at home, or the people with sedentary jobs whose one star for the day comes when they spend 30 minutes to an hour at the gym. The rest of us are just lazy as **** and apply it to ourselves because we're not used to the activity so we think we are working harder, thus deserve it.

That DVD is tiring but it's honestly not even a fraction of what even the body of a novice is capable of doing every day all day, with no breaks and still be perfectly fine.

The dizziness is a little odd though. Are you on one of those low carb diets? Try eating a banana a few minutes before you workout and see if that helps. Sometimes you just need a little sugar and potassium to pep you up if you're running on fumes. High protein diets work for weight loss, but they don't leave your body with much accessible energy for exercise.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:52 PM   #37  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

I think if you're the type of person, like I am, who isn't use to that sort of workout then I don't think you should do it every day, like Jillian has said before.

And I can never do the stretching that the end. I just lay there and try to breathe. lol.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:07 PM   #38  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

Ack! My routine is so off! I woke up this morning in what I thought was plenty of time to do 30DS only to look at my phone and see a text from someone asking me to bring them an extra shirt for our performance (for my a cappella group) in an hour! Thank God they did ask me, or I would have totally forgotten about it (which would have been bad as they were doing one of my solos). AND I got called into work because the regular girl is sick, so I ended up with stuff to do from 1-5 which was when I was planning to do most of my homework for today.

But I can sneak home around 5:30 and bang out the 30DS (and get a shower, woke up too late this morning ). Then at 7:30 I have rehearsal until 11. My to do list just hasn't been getting anything done since Monday and it is getting so so long. But I have all of Friday off thank God.

Also I just realized that I don't even have Saturday of this weekend as my group is recording a CD and then my house is having a party. So I'm gonna have to be crazy intense on Friday. And/or stay up super late tonight to get stuff done.

Stupid life, always getting in the way of everything!
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:17 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

I'd like to join in, i have done the 30ds workout for roughly 10days in jan and 10 in feb, so this time i will do the full 30 along with you lot.

Starting measurements:

Bust 39
under bust 35.5
waist 32
R-arm 12.5
L-arm 12.5
R-thigh 26.5
L-thigh 26.5
hips 38

good luck everyone
Koshinogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:55 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

i did gilad and dance cardio this morning and im doing 30DS tonight!
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:25 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 187/171/125

Height: 5'4''

Wow, JahJah, you are hardcore!! haha I wish I had your endurance! Good for you!

I've been doing the 30DS for about 2 weeks- I missed the last 3 days and should have been on level 2 by now, but I'm getting back at it today. I am really enjoying it..I can feel a difference in my body for sure.

I had something really weird happen in the first few days of the shred- the muscles around my tailbone tensed up (I think from all the squats!!) and started pressing on my tailbone, causing a LOT of pain...I went to the chiro and had some Active Release Therapy done, and voila! Problem solved after one appointment. I was pretty freaked out for a while there, though, since I've had serious back problems in the past and thought I had done something bad to my spine... (on a side note: If anyone has problems with their body (exercise-related or otherwise), I can't recommend active release therapy enough- there's no bone-cracking involved, and it is like MAGIC. Only takes a few minutes, too...I've also had it done on my back)
Sorry for the tangent- Anyway, the point of this is that it's clearly working muscles that I didn't know I had! I like Jillian
primaballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:46 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 234.3 / 232.6 / 130

Height: 5'3"

I'd like to join you guys. I work two jobs and I hit the gym on the way home at nights in the middle of the night, but on the days I have extra time (like today) I'm happy enough to add it to my to-do list. I'm doing C25K too and don't know if I'm up to banging those out in the same day, so I'll take it as it comes.

On Monday, my weight was 192.6
Neck 14.5"
R Bicep 12.75 not flexed
Bust 44.5
Chest 39.5
Waist 43
Hipps 46.5
R Thigh 27

I got a long way to go, but I'll get there!
brooksrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:04 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

I gotta admit, today was interesting... as in the "OMG how many more of these are there???!?!!?!" kind of interesting.

I'm so trying to do real push ups and am failing miserably. I can pretty much hover there in the air and just slightly bend my elbows. hoping that maybe I'll be able to whack out at least a couple of them by level 3!
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:27 PM   #44  
Mistakes Don't Define Me

S/C/G: 328.6/272.0/160

Height: 5'7"

quick question, what size weights is everyone using??
UglyFatFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:42 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 204/184/145

Height: 5'5"

I'm gonna start doing it again. I am so sick right now, but I have taken a break with this weight loss stuff & I need to get back on it. I think I'm only up 4 lbs which is not as horrible as I thought. So, once I get over this flu, I will be joining back up & I'll take my measurements then.
Chance0421 is offline   Reply With Quote