Old 03-10-2009, 11:33 AM   #106  
Mistakes Don't Define Me

S/C/G: 328.6/272.0/160

Height: 5'7"

Holy crap i'm on a roll!! Did the shred last nite, and then forced myself to get up early this morning and do it again!! Feels good to already have it out of the way for today!!
UglyFatFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:41 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 234.3 / 232.6 / 130

Height: 5'3"

Don't remember what day I'm on right now, but today I was in pain again so I took some of the sets and cardio a little easier. Still rocked through the abwork!
brooksrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:40 PM   #108  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

You're on day 6.

Day Seven:

Woot! Day 7 down. It was haaaard today, I got really tired! Guess that just means I'm working.
Keep atter ladies!

Last edited by Jelbb; 03-10-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:25 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Hey ladies! I was browsing in the mall today and saw the 30DS so I bought it!! Along with some 5lb weights.. which may be a bit ambitious for me lol.
I'm going to give it a shot tonight. I love how it's only 20 minutes long, bring it on Jillian! I can't wait.
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:44 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

good luck !
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:26 PM   #111  
Busy Mommy

S/C/G: 218/181.5/130

Ok I'll play! LOL. My BF got me the 30DS because he heard me say I wanted it. How sweet! So I've been rocking the DVD with some 2lb weights. I'm still on Week One. Not sure how many days I've been doing it. I wanna say 3 or 4. I don't do it everyday. I do it every other day. I wonder if I should start doing it everyday??? Right now my goal is to get to Level 2 03.17.09.

I'm gonna swallow it up and take my measurements. I've been not wanting to do that. LOL. I feel like I'm not doing it correctly.
nicki rose98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:38 AM   #112  
Queen Yo-yo

If you do it every day, by the 7th or 8th day, your body gets pretty used to it! My muscles have stopped hurting entirely now!

You're worried you're doing the workout wrong, or your measurements??
Old 03-11-2009, 08:45 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I did my first day this past Friday, and took my usual weekend off from working out. I was sore all weekend, and did workout 1 again Monday. The soreness started going away, and Tuesday I took a break and did a different workout.

Went back to workout 1 this morning. Anyone else have trouble with stabbing pains in their thighs? It's mostly my right one. I've had soreness on the outside of BOTH legs...but this morning was a different pain. It was during circuit two, after one set of lunges and in the second set of butt kicks. A few kicks in, my right leg went back and BAM...felt like a knife stabbing me in the thigh. It hurt so badly I nearly fell when I put the leg down, and limped when I walked for a while. I stopped the DVD because I was afraid I'd done some serious damage. It's feeling better now (about 45 minutes later).

Oh, and here's the kicker:

My husband was already gone for the day, so I called him to ask if that's what a pulled muscle felt like (he used to play football so I assumed he'd pulled a muscle before - I don't remember ever doing it)...or if it was something else. He tells me, "To pull a muscle you'd have to exert yourself. You're just doing a workout video. There's nothing in there that makes you exert yourself."

So basically this man thinks I get up at or around 6 am five days a week to watch tv? He thinks I don't sweat? That I don't get out of breath? I'm not exerting myself...ok. So it seems to me that he's totally underestimating EVERYTHING I've done over the past nearly TWO YEARS to lose 80 pounds and keep it gone.

Obviously I don't work hard. I got off the phone with him mad enough to cry, then hit 10 minutes on the bike to work out my leg. Grrr....
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:12 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 234.3 / 232.6 / 130

You can pull a muscle doing almost any physical activity. Especially on the butt kicks, with enough momentum and kicking back too far (like that woman on the left!) for beginners and people who just aren't used to the move, I'd say can be too much. If it's still bothering you, you can check with a doctor, because I'm certainly not one to offer medical advice. Just my experience that I've seen lots of pulled muscles from people who aren't necessarily doing "man's work."

That being said, I'm still taking some of the moves easy due to the fact that my Dr. appt isn't until Monday and my knees are absolutely killing me. But again, I finished. My arms and back are sore today, which leads me to believe maybe I invested more into the strength part yesterday to make up for my floundering attempt at cardio. And I've still been doing cardio every day at the gym on the elliptical machine.

Don't know if I'll be able to work 30DS in tomorrow due to sleep/work cycle. I work 10-2, gym, 4-midnight, gym today, will get in at about 2am. Then I work 11-2, 3-12, gym, getting in at about 2am Friday morning, and then I work 11-2 again. I'm going to give it my best to get up before 11 but I know how tired I'll be. I didn't want to get up today either.
brooksrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:21 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Well, up to the "stabbing pain during butt kicks" point, I was doing good! I made it through ALL the push ups for the first time, did the lunges just fine and even figured out how to fix my form on the crunches! I'll pick it back up again tomorrow, maybe, depending on how the leg feels throughout today and tonight...
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:44 AM   #116  
Stay true till the finish

S/C/G: HW/169 SW/157 CW/144.0 GW/129

Height: 5'4

Completed day 1 of level 2 last night and oh man, that lady (Jillian) is crazy. I have got to get the movements down because I was stumbling through like I was drunk or something trying to keep up. I went walking/jogging for about 3 miles before hand which could be why I thought I was going to fall over dead by the end! I don't remember what she called them but it's the exercise where you squat and bring the weights up to a "v" shape, they hurt. Oh and somewhere along the line of exercising last night, I hurt my ankle and am now limping. Dunno if I will be able to work out at all tonight. I may though because I am just that crazy.

Last edited by jennsreadytolose; 03-11-2009 at 09:48 AM.
jennsreadytolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:23 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Ok so I did day 1, level 1 last night and then went for a run (which had to be cut short due to no energy left!!). My legs and arms were all jello-y last night, but they seem normal again today lol. I think I will be doing this every other day instead, because I'm definitely not trying to run right after again.
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:44 AM   #118  
Busy Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelbb View Post
If you do it every day, by the 7th or 8th day, your body gets pretty used to it! My muscles have stopped hurting entirely now!

You're worried you're doing the workout wrong, or your measurements??
My measurements.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:47 AM   #119  
Queen Yo-yo

Mindi:
Your husband is nuts to think you're not exerting yourself.
Tell him to grab some 8-10 lb weights and come and do the shred with you. We'll see what he thinks.

Nicki:
Maybe this'll help?
http://yourtotalhealth.ivillage.com/...surements.html

So...
I'm on Day 8 today, and I'm kinda annoyed. My weight loss has entirely stalled numbers-wise. I've been at 153.4-153ish for 8 days straight... and I KNOW, I know that I'm gaining muscle, and sore muscles can retain water, and blah blah...

But I haven't seen the numbers on the scale go down, and none of my measurements are going down either. It's very disheartening.

Last edited by Jelbb; 03-11-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:57 AM   #120  
Busy Mommy

mindi Oh girl I'da had something to say to him!!!! We understand that you're exerting yourself. He just doesn't understand. THat's why you have us. Just remember that men are made stupid and there's nothign you can do about it!!!!

brooks What a crazy schedule you have!!!!!

jenns She's crazy!! LOL!!!!! You'll get used to it girl. Keep it up!

aneleh I can't believe you ran afterwards!! LOL

So I did....I'm gonna say Day 4 last night. I've also decided that I'm gonna try to do it everyday. Sometimes my work schedule won't permit but maybe I should get up a bit earlier. LOL.