Old 03-08-2009, 05:11 AM   #76  

The first time I did it, I nearly threw up, and almost passed out. I haven't really tried it since... I think its beyond me as far as my fitness level. I really should just start doing it & maybe doing just portions of it, and working up to doing the whole thing...
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:57 AM   #77  
Stay true till the finish

S/C/G: HW/169 SW/157 CW/144.0 GW/129

Height: 5'4

Still new to this site so I may not be posting this right lol. But, I am on day 9 and am absolutely STOKED with the results so far. It has just been a little over a week and I feel calf muscles for the first time in my life! A tiny bit of cellulite on the back of my thighs has gone away, and my arm muscles have grown significantly. Still can't do those pesky push-ups though. Guess I should start taking my measurements, just didn't want to because I always get different freaking numbers. It's like I can't find the exact same place I measure at each time.
jennsreadytolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:00 AM   #78  
Stay true till the finish

S/C/G: HW/169 SW/157 CW/144.0 GW/129

Height: 5'4

Oh yeah and this just may be me but when she starts talking like "come on just a few more" and goes through those extended speeches, the workout gets harder??? Strange.
jennsreadytolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:11 AM   #79  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Carcar:
Lol, YOU'RE pissed off! I went from 173 down to 153ish, and you, who is almost the same height as me, can be 20 lbs heavier and just as little measurements-wise!? You must have mad muscle, woman! Very impressive!
btw, HI AGAIN! Haven't seen you around in forever!!

Brooks:
Oh, good! I'm glad the anti-inflammatory seemed to help! How'd the 4th day go?

Lalique:
The first time I did it, I got mild tunnel vision and spots in front of my eyes and I thought I was going to throw up as well. I paused the DVD, sat on my couch, breathed and chugged down bottle of water for a minute or two.
It's the fourth day, and while I still have trouble with the pushups, my muscles aren't screaming in pain with the same intensity, and I can get through the workout with minimal amounts of hating Jillian. Keep at it! Don't hurt yourself, definitely take a break if you NEED to... but don't give up!

Jenn:
Yay! That's so exciting! I haven't seen visible results yet, but I can't wait until I do!
And yes, when she says "a few more" and then makes you do like SIX more, I get a little antsy, lol. And in pain.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:37 AM   #80  

I have a quick question. How often should I do the workout? Everday? Every other day? I know its a butt kicker because the first time I used it I couldn't walk for two days! lol
loveLauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:59 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 234.3 / 232.6 / 130

Height: 5'3"

I did day 4 today. My knees felt ok this morning but I wore the braces to prevent further injury. I could do everything--EVERYTHING--until the butt kick running because... I was scared. Then I tried it and it felt ok, so I did maybe HALF of those. Then around the third cardio circuit it started hurting again so I finished up with marching, finished strong in my opinion, and then I marched my tail upstairs to the Aleve. I feel good about day 4. I was moving slower than the ladies on the screen but I was moving the whole time this time.
brooksrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #82  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelbb View Post
Carcar:
Lol, YOU'RE pissed off! I went from 173 down to 153ish, and you, who is almost the same height as me, can be 20 lbs heavier and just as little measurements-wise!? You must have mad muscle, woman! Very impressive!
btw, HI AGAIN! Haven't seen you around in forever!!
HAHA I thought about that AFTER I posted, I hope that doesn't make you mad! hahaha I truly think women carry their weight so differently, even with the same measurements we probably couldn't wear each others clothes you know what I mean? The proportions and distribution of weight is so different. ANYWAY I'm INCREDIBLY proud of you for your huge loss so far, you are doing awesomely! And thanks, I've missed you guys!
I'm off to do 30DS day 1, I'm starting a new 30 days after a long while away from it and YOU, JELBB are the inspiration Keep it up girl! (and everyone else!)

PS the first time i did the 30DS is the only time I've actually done it alllll the way through, but i felt great by day 6 or 7 and by day 13 i had very noticeable results. SO excited to do this again, you women are an awesome support group!

Last edited by carcar05; 03-08-2009 at 10:08 PM.
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:05 PM   #83  
Queen Yo-yo

Brooks:
Way to go honey, I'm proud.

Carcar:
Lol, no, I'm not actually upset. No stress. Welcome back, we missed you, hope to see you around tons.

Day Five:
Today sucked. Have to break up with my boyfriend tomorrow. I spent the day bursting into arbitrary tears, then trying to hold it together for my mother's surprise wedding shower.
It's a testament to my will that I did the workout.
But I did it. And I kicked more *** at it today than any day before. Something's working.

Last edited by Jelbb; 03-08-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:48 PM   #84  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Jelbb- Congrats on 1000 posts

Is this Irish boy you are breaking up with? I have been out of the loop for AWHILE now. I'm sorry hun Working out seriously makes the crap so much easier to deal with though. Stay strong!
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:29 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/ONEDERLAND!

Height: 5'9

Just finished day five! I can definitely keep up with the pace better now.
heather88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:51 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Just did level one for the second time today....my muscles were SCREAMING, like they were all weekend after I did it the first time. Still no good on the crunches, and I tried every way possible. I'm still using my neck too much, and feel absolutely NOTHING in the abs. Gotta work harder on that....
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:32 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 234.3 / 232.6 / 130

Height: 5'3"

When you do crunches, are you crunching your chin down into them or raising your neck toward the ceiling? I used to get bad neck pain from crunches and still do from time to time, but one thing that's at least worth a try is keeping one hand behind your head for support (be careful not to pull. Keep your elbow out to the side at all times) and ball your other hand into a fist and keep it under your chin to prevent it from tucking in. That's what helped me learn better form and now I can keep both hands behind my head without being tempted to tuck my chin.
brooksrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:32 AM   #88  
Queen Yo-yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcar05 View Post
Jelbb- Congrats on 1000 posts

Is this Irish boy you are breaking up with? I have been out of the loop for AWHILE now. I'm sorry hun Working out seriously makes the crap so much easier to deal with though. Stay strong!
Yeah, it was. Boooo.
And oh dear god, I have 1,000 posts?

Good job on keeping it going, everyone! Stay strong!
I'm on day 6 today, I did the workout yesterday, and I can walk today! My muscles don't even really hurt that bad! What a great sign! Stick it out, and keep doing the workouts through the pain, and it'll pass/hurt less!

Last edited by Jelbb; 03-09-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:38 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksrm View Post
When you do crunches, are you crunching your chin down into them or raising your neck toward the ceiling? I used to get bad neck pain from crunches and still do from time to time, but one thing that's at least worth a try is keeping one hand behind your head for support (be careful not to pull. Keep your elbow out to the side at all times) and ball your other hand into a fist and keep it under your chin to prevent it from tucking in. That's what helped me learn better form and now I can keep both hands behind my head without being tempted to tuck my chin.
I've got my chin up, looking toward the ceiling. I think I'm raising my neck, though. I put one hand behind my head, but found I was PULLING my head more than lifting. I tried crossing my arms over my chest, but it was my neck that was pulling....maybe I just need to go super slow and get my form down right?
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:15 PM   #90  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Just finished day 4 of level one today. I took the weekend off so I expected it to be a lil hard today, but it actually felt much easier. I guess my muscles just needed a break. So far though I've lost an inch off my hips and a half inch off my waist! Can't wait to see the results at the end of the month.

MindiV: I used to have trouble with my neck when it came to crunches too. I never really figured out what was causing it, but I just did them slow and tried to focus all my concentration on my abs as I was doing them and the pain eventually went away.
zoochick777 is offline   Reply With Quote