Old 08-25-2008, 07:47 PM   #31  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here we go again View Post
Ummm.....Ghost and Shan.... can I be adopted into your family?
I think there might be a waiting list for getting adopted by my mom, but I'll make sure you're on it!
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:03 PM   #32  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

Shan: That's exactly how it goes. My friends would be like, " dude wants to know if he can have your number. He was really feeling you at such & such place." and I'm like, "He didn't seem that interested in me when I met him. what did you tell him?" and they'll be like, "Oh, you know. You're cool, got your own place, your own car, good credit, no kids..." Why do they have to throw the credit in there?

Here we go: fine guys intimidate me. I don't like being approached by them, because I feel like I'm being punk'ed. It's horrible but I always think, "Hmmm, he can do better..." I'm single by default. I'm not giving my number out until I lose weight.

Of course, this doesn't stop my friends from giving out my number...

Funny this subject came up because I'm feeling kind of blah right now. I had a run in with a UPS guy who was tall and cute and nice and I totally blew him off for my normal reasons. *sigh* I'm going to grow old and become the cat lady.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:04 PM   #33  
It's on like donkey kong!

S/C/G: 199/160/135

Height: about 5'5"

hi! I was on this last year and it really helped me! I lost about 40lbs. I kinda hit a stand still... stayed the same over the summer give or take a few pounds depend on the day! I still have yet to read everything... I teach and my darlings just came today. I am hoping with the routine of the school year, I'll stick to routine and not get stressed and lose control and put the weight back on... ideally, I'd love to lose 25-30 more pounds! Thus, coming back to 3fatchicks, it was a great source of support for me!

I'm sorry, I will be sure to catch up on the other posts tomorrow! HAVE A GREAT WEEK!
hope2loseit4good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:33 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

I still feel like crap and am about to head to bed, it’s not even 10 pm. Oh well I start my internship tomorrow, I’ll let everyone know how it goes. (apparently my boss is a good friend with my advising attorney at my other internship so I’m hoping that will help.)

Here we go – Thanks, I was at first self conscious about the outfit but then I just started working it.

Ghost – it’s funny you say that because everyone in high school wanted my parents to adopt them.

Cali – I completely understand what you are saying I am the same way, I totally don’t think anyone is ever interested in me. I never figure it out until someone points it out to me.

Hope2loseit – Welcome back. I hope the school year goes well for you. What grade are you teaching?
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:37 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

[QUOTE=caligirl98;2332833]Shan: That's exactly how it goes. My friends would be like, " dude wants to know if he can have your number. He was really feeling you at such & such place." and I'm like, "He didn't seem that interested in me when I met him. what did you tell him?" and they'll be like, "Oh, you know. You're cool, got your own place, your own car, good credit, no kids..." Why do they have to throw the credit in there?

I love it, coz you know you're gettin older when one of your best features is your credit!
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:40 PM   #36  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

had kind of a bad weekend. bbq on saturday, late night take out on sunday, pizza tonight.
I was having a bad week and I briefly stopped caring about my diet. I feel physically awful. Like my body doesn't know what to do with all of this junk I've been feeding it.

I know I've got to get back up on the horse but I can't get motivated at the moment.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:33 AM   #37  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here we go again View Post

I've been working out three times per week, but I've been doing squats, leg lifts, crunches at the house. I'm a little sore today! I'm liking how my legs are looking. I'm still struggling with not eating too many calories. Ever since I bumped up my cals, I've had no problem eating, I have to make sure I always choose good stuff.
I hear ya about legs looking nice. I have been hating my legs but ever since I started working out, especially with TransFirmation... I feel muscle and I actually like looking at them after getting dressed. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by just keep swimming View Post
I am super excited today, because I have finally weighed in two days in a row under 152. I had been stuck at that number for what felt like forever (probably more like a month ) and now I am sososo close to the 140s.
Congrats!!! That's awesome! I'm trying hard to stay under 170's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsnsmarts View Post
Ugh, I'm sick ladies!! I haven't been to the gym in...probably 5 days and I'm coughing up all sorts of nasty crap. I feel like poo!! I want to have tons of energy and be motivated and losing, but I can barely motivate myself to go to work (which I HAVE to do because I really need money).

Ahhhhhhhhhhh so frustrating
I know how that is. I was sick whole last week and it's been hard to get back to the routine of working out.. Even when I do, I start going.. "I think this is enough..." after like 40 minutes. I used to do like 80 minutes of workout daily. I just started feeling better although my nose is still kinda runny. Hope you will feel better soon!!!

Remember Is that you in the new pic? If so, NICE! And Welcome back!
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 08:22 AM   #38  
Changing for the better

Well today is a day that I worked towards but thought would never actually happen.....I made my original goal!!!

At the beginning of the summer (mid-May) I decided I wanted to lose ~15lbs, and started eating healthy/working out every day. Since then I have lost about a pound each week, and this morning I weighed in at 105. My ultimate goal is to get down to 102lbs or so, or whatever amount it takes to get rid of my belly It just feels really great knowing that I set my mind to do something and actually achieved it in the time I was hoping for (even though I am doing this for life, not just for the summer).

Kitegirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:47 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 212/Ticker!/150

Height: 5'5"

Ugh. It's not even 9am and I'm already having a bad day. Getting ready this morning took longer than I thought, and I didn't have time to eat breakfast at home. I had to grab a breakfast burrito on the way, and it was greasy and full of processed cheese. I used to love eating those, but now they're kind of gross.

Then, today here at work we're having a foodservice sales meeting, which means that the manufacturers presenting their products will serve lunch for the whole office, and it's usually something breaded and deep-fat fried or drenched in bbq sauce. And since they will be going 90mph with their hair on fire in the kitchen for this meeting, there's no way I can get in to make myself something health.

And to top it all off, I have to work at my other job tonight in the mall, which means mall food court for dinner. There is subway, but I'm so sick of it. The thought of eating subway makes me want to be sick.

I want to cry. I feel like such a failure. I've done so good up to this weekend and now I'm totaly blowing it. And if I had just managed my time better, at least I could have had a healthy breakfast.
heidelene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:52 AM   #40  

Hey everybody! Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday. I admit that I have been bad about posting on this thread lately...

I was PERFECT with my diet for 6 months (kept a journal with everything that I ate and stayed at exactly 1200 calories no cheating and no alcohol). I lost about 20 pounds and have been getting lots of complements, but lately I have just been so freaking hungry. I haven't been as good at my journals, have started to eat more around 1400 and 1500 calories. Scared I'm going to gain all of the weight back. Had a couple of food and alcohol binges...

What makes me nervous though is my weekend for Labor Day starts on Thursday. Weekend are usually pretty bad for me.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:12 AM   #41  

Hey all. Thanks for all your support yesterday with that stupid comment. I feel much better about it today. I started my day with a trip to starbucks, and I forgot my lunch. Breakfast wasn't to bad, about 350 calories, but It just sets the wrong tone for the day and now I'm eating lunch out too.

Oh well, I guess there's not much I can do now except make a health choice for lunch....
Old 08-26-2008, 12:06 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Hey Ladies!

So I had tons of veggies in my fridge and I felt like experimenting. I made the best soup yesterday. Literally it's the bomb and it's only 81 cals per cup. I had like three cups last night. I love experimenting and creating new stuff. It's basically a cabbage soup with tons of veggies, spices and some chicken. Yum!!!

Shan: I'm glad that you are feeling better about the comment. Stupid people say stupid things. lol I'm sure you'll be just fine while eating lunch out. You're doing so good!

Cookie:
Take a deep breath, don't operate out of fear. Just make healthy descisions daily. And if you do stumble, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep going. I love that saying, "Even if you fall flat on your face, you're still moving forward."

Heid: I'm sorry you're having a bad day already! I've been there many many times. Maybe tonight before you go to bed, you can prepare your breakfast and have your lunch all packed up. It helps me a lot. There's no way I could do it in the morning.

Kitegirl- That's awesome! You go girl. It's awesome that you made your goal.

Target- I totally understand! Today I wore some jeans, and usually I'll wear a long shirt with them. Well today I wore just a normal shirt. One of the guys at work, was like I've never seen you wear jeans before. (I wear jeans every week) I couldn't hold my laughter when he told me that I have the junk in the trunk. We're just friends, but it was just funny.

Lei: you're doing so good. You'll find your motivation.

Cali: Honey you need to stop that! Don't get intimated with fine guys and don't be telling yourself that he "deserves" better. That is not true. You gotta to live life now. Enjoy the process and the ride and quit telling yourself you're not good enough to have a fine guy hit on you! And you better not be giving your number to no ugly guys! lol

Ghost-As long as I'm on the waiting list, I'm cool.

Remeber: You SO worked that outfit. Good luck on your internship.

Last edited by Here we go again; 08-26-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:14 PM   #43  

Thanks, Heather. I appreciate it.

So I'm going out to dinner on thursday night. I need help picking something healthy to eat. Here's the link to the for the resturant.

http://www.themetropolitangrill.ca/m...tegory/2/3/45/

Now I'm allergic to sea food, and the one thing I can't stand is fruit/sweet stuff with my entree. (I love fruit but just hate it cooked with anything!) Which basically means that this resturant is absolutely the worst place on earth for me...

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Last edited by shantroy; 08-26-2008 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:17 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

I forgot to mention that I got measured yesterday. I have been working out for one month and have lost 7 1/2 inches! I'm so excited.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:27 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 176

Height: 5"7

Congrats here we go again!!!!!
startingnew is offline   Reply With Quote