20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Old 03-16-2011, 12:25 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 120kg/98.6kg/85kg

Height: 5'7"

Transporter – No stress We all get busy

MissSMcC – Ouch! I remember what that felt like. I was silly enough to get all 4 of mine taken out in one shot with just a localised numbing injection. Not something I’d really recommend. How are those fruit smoothies going?

mdchick88 – Ahh okay. Is there anything else that you generally do to combat stress? Extra exercise or some kind of activity?

Yesterday was slightly better for me food wise but I’m not going to lie, I think “slightly” is being generous. For some reason I couldn’t sleep so turned to food in order to kill time. Today though, I’m on plan and know exactly what I’ll be eating for the rest of the day. It’s a step in the right direction!
oOPeanutOo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:54 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 241/188.8/120

Height: 5' 2"

Hey guys! Sorry I have been quiet, I tend to read all the time and post sporadically, especially when I get busy. Hope everyone is having a good week so far. Mine is nuts, but I feel a little less stressed out now that I am eating a lot better than I had been.
audri8301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:29 AM   #153  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

peanut i had one taken out about 10 years ago... i still remember it, not good! and the dental practice i go to has no dentists at the mo because they moved in december, trying to get an emergency appointment elsewhere. smoothies and soups are going well though, and i saw 236.6 on the scale this morning. well done for getting back on plan
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:22 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'0

I've been doing bad this week...i've gained. i just can't seem to get my groove back. i had a bad weekend and im still trying to recover from it this week..and i'm supposed to have TOM this weekend,so..we'll see what happens

@mdchick88 - i totally understand your snacking problem. Sometimes i get the urge to eat even when i KNOW i'm not hungry and i can't control myself.

@KimWin - seriously your an inspiration.. you seem to work out all the time and eat so healthy. I did make your chili..it was good but i did miss the meat. So next time i think i will add it in becasue the flavor was perfect but it was missing that for me at least.

@oOPeanutOo - i always do the same exact thing. Whevener i have a loss i get the urge to eat more..like somehow i feel because i lost weight I can now eat. I always end up sabotaging myself.

MONDAY QUESTION: what is your favourite weightloss/exercise motivating song?

definitely not afraid by eminem. I love the part where he says...

And I just can't keep living this way
So starting today, I'm breaking out of this cage
I'm standing up, Imma face my demons
I'm manning up, Imma hold my ground
I've had enough, now I'm so fed up
Time to put my life back together right now

and also the cup of life by ricky martin
angeluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:33 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 165/133/117

Height: 5'3

Good morning!!!

So, I don't know about you guys, but I am READY, ABLE and FEELING good! I had a type of "ah-ha" moment yesterday about my working out and eating and well, my husband had the same moment. It was so great to talk about it over our healthy dinner of spaghetti squash, made from scratch spaghetti sauce, topped with leeks, mushrooms, and red peppers.

Basically, the conversation was about knowing what we need to do to get back on track and really ADMITTING that we were more off track than we had thought. Hopefully that makes sense...

So, this happened after my bikram morning class and after doing my HIIT 20 minute and 30 Day Shred workout. I was like, "oh yeah, this is what my body wants to be feeling!" So it was good and I'm happy to remember what i am trying to feel like. Since dropping from 160 to 140 last year in 2 months I had gotten complacent for a month or two and then over the course of another 2 months was able to get to 130. I held on to 130 from March-October and then BLAM, back to 140. Soooooo, I am ready. LOL Just had to share with all of you, I FEEL IT!

@Peanut- Food confessions, I am with you. Part of what my husband and I were talking about is how we were eating "too many" treat type things when we had really lost the weight yet. I KNOW to not treat with food, but sometimes you think, "i'm doing well, I can have_____." Then it hit me, if I'm not losing weight, than I shouldn't be eating like I have! LOL So yes, you can do it, just move on and forward. It's so easy to eat bad and then continue it, God knows that is what I do too! So, just time to stop! Oh and thank for the compliment about the interesting snacks. I really enjoy cooking and mixing flavors. Of my friends I am the one whose plate you have to rush to for a party (usually my sugar-free, low-cal Vegan desserts).

Katylil- Legally Blonde! LOL I love that whole short little soundtrack! I tend to love So Much Better and Legally Blonde Remix (for OBC Vivienne's voice)- so strong! But really, I love them all! When I was painting my house, i was basically listening to that on repeat! Makes the time go by fast!

Missmcc- Wisdom teeth?!?!? Smoothies?!?!? I am glad you got smoothies! I had mine out when I was 13 so I don't remember the pain, only getting to skip school for so long! LOL Hope you are feeling well and enjoying your smoothies!

Mdchick- Yes, yes the old snacking because you are hungry routine! I totally do that too. I try to listen to my body to figure out when i'm hungry or just bored, or in need of a little snack. I really suggest having beans, fresh fruit, fresh veggies and all that cut up. It's so much easier to go have that stuff and if you eat slowly, or know what your portion size is, you can easily determine if you need to eat a meal or if the 1C of cantaloupe will carry you over. You get what I am saying! LOL I am a big fan of the childhood favorite of Celery and natural Peanut Butter. YUM!!!!

ALRIGHT EVERYONE, I AM FEELING FRIGGN FANTASTIC! AND HOPE YOU ARE TOO. ABOUT TO RUN OUT THE DOOR FOR YOGA, THEN HOME TO EAT LUNCH, DO A CARDIO WORKOUT (THINKING A QUICK AND EASY 30 ZUMBA) AND THEN OFF TO WORK AT THE YOGA STUDIO TONIGHT AND POSSIBLY TAKE ANOTHER CLASS AT 6:30... WE'LL SEE! TOODLES!
KimWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:20 PM   #156  
Amazing Revelations

mdchick you're this weeks biggest loser! yay congratulations!
Old 03-16-2011, 12:45 PM   #157  
Daily Struggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOPeanutOo View Post

Yesterday was slightly better for me food wise but I’m not going to lie, I think “slightly” is being generous. For some reason I couldn’t sleep so turned to food in order to kill time. Today though, I’m on plan and know exactly what I’ll be eating for the rest of the day. It’s a step in the right direction!
I play video games when i cant sleep. it helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSMcC View Post
mdchick you're this weeks biggest loser! yay congratulations!
Congrats mdchick!
Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #158  

@Angeluv- awwww, you are sweet! Thanks for giving the chili a go without the meat! And thanks for the kind words about being an inspiration! I try and you know, part of my plan for grad school, becoming a certified Bikram instructor and everything else I want to do, is to be a motivator to others!

I do workout a lot, but when I get off from working out, it's hard to get back on. the good news is that I usually workout for some 6-8 months at a time and then take a month break... that sometimes turns into a 4 month break (like this past holiday season to March). but, that's better than years ago when I would do a few weeks at a time and then stop for 6 months! LOL

A big part of my working out has nothing to do with weight loss. Sure, I am in what Jillian Michael's calls the last 20 "vanity pounds," and want to lose weight... but more importantly, I think of aging and NOT wanting to lose natural range of motion, don't want to shrink and damage my spine, and don't want hip/knee/replacements if can be avoided. Bikram says, "A happy healthy spine is to have a healthy happy life." I totally agree.

Also, 20-30 minutes of exercise a day, even simply walking, will change the way in which your brain's axons and neurons fire, therefore making you more aware, alert and able to understand things faster. So, whatever you can do to be motivated, go for it!

I listened to this podcast some years back and it was interesting to me in that you (one) were to focus on goals that were non-weight related as your motivations. Like it's good to be motivated TO something, such as fitting into a bikini by Summer... but that it's good to have AWAY motivations and that statistically, if you can find your AWAY motivation you will stick it long plan. If I canfind it, I will send you the link! It's free and totally great!

We will all get there! Looking forward to this week's weigh in!

Just checking in... again... LOL I didn't do Zumba today, but instead decided with Cardio Max 30 minutes. Off to work! K!M
Old 03-18-2011, 02:22 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 160/163/120

Height: 5'2"

KimWin - You're so right that getting back on track feels amazing! I feel so much more positive this week because I'm eating well and exercising regularly. Also, I love your enthusiasm! It's very motivating. I'm sure you'll be an excellent yoga instructor

Peanut - I hope your roommate's friend isn't staying for much longer. I would be so pissed if my sleep was constantly interrupted. Maybe listening to soothing music would drown out the snoring?

Transporter - I listened to the Adele song and absolutely loved it! I just downloaded both her albums.

mdchick88 - snacking to mindless eating is such a slippery slope Good for you for getting back on track! In my efforts to be on plan this week, I'm trying to be conscious of my cravings and have taken up knitting to keep my hands busy so I'm not reaching for food while watching t.v. It's been working so far but I'm afraid that I'll slip up next week when I'm back at work and stressed.

I'm so sad that it's Friday and my week off is pretty much over, but it's been really productive and I really hope I can use this momentum and keep it up! Hope you ladies have a happy Friday and a great weekend!
ruby5839 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:10 PM   #160  
Daily Struggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby5839 View Post

Transporter - I listened to the Adele song and absolutely loved it! I just downloaded both her albums.
I'm so sad that it's Friday and my week off is pretty much over, but it's been really productive and I really hope I can use this momentum and keep it up! Hope you ladies have a happy Friday and a great weekend!
Im glad you liked it!
My spring break is also over.. back to the grind on monday! which is fine with me.. I think i will do better when im busy
Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:09 PM   #161  

@RUby- Yup, eating well AND exercising makes all the difference! Glad we both go there! I can totally say that for awhile I do one or the other, but both is the key!

@Transporter- yes yes, sometimes being busy totally helps keep you on track!

Well, about to do my cardio and then head out to work! We have a birthday party to attend tonight and I have already decided what to drink... if I drink. LOL I added it into my calories already! LOL

Anyway, have a great day and rest of the weekend! Busy around the house, doing yard work and hopefully getting the garden going!
Old 03-19-2011, 10:24 AM   #162  
Amazing Revelations

hey everyone hope you're all having a good weekend! i got to see a dentist on thursday, she gave me antibiotics so my gum feels a lot better. hopefully my own dentist will be open again soon and i can just get the stupid tooth pulled out. weigh in day tomorrow! my weight has been all over the place this week, down to 236 then up to 240 then back to 238 this morning, no idea where i'll be tomorrow lol
Old 03-19-2011, 10:41 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

@MissSMcC

Good luck with your tooth! I know what you mean about being all over the place this week, stupid TOM had be down and up every other day! so far I only lost 2.2 pounds and that was at the start of the week since I been gaining and losing the same 3 pounds

Last edited by Bulletproof Heart; 03-19-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Bulletproof Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:32 AM   #164  
Amazing Revelations

thanks bulletproof, the dental services where i live are so messed up, took me 3 years on a waiting list to finally get registered, then 3 months later both dentists at the practice moved away lol. good luck for today with the weigh in, i stayed the same which is fine considering how up and down ive been!
i wanted chocolate today but didnt want too many calories so i got this little 75 calorie bar (its supposed to be for kids) and it had popping candy in it! so cool!
Old 03-20-2011, 12:49 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 188.2/188.2/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been around chatting. I'm going to try and jump in.

The theme of this last week or so has definitely been "ups and downs".

I ran in my first official race in a long time. I had done a few 5Ks as a teen, but nothing since. I ran our city's 5 mile St. Pat's run. I wanted to finish in under an hour. I did it in 58:58. Very happy with that! Now I'm thinking about trying for a 10K.

I did some shopping at Kohls on Sunday and actually had to buy a few shirts in a size Small! Button-down too! I think I'm still in shock.

Then Monday... My husband and I foster dogs for a rescue group. Our foster had been left by her owners in the backyard for 6 months. They had their house foreclosed on and just left their two dogs. Unfortunately, I think this made her very possessive of people. She didn't like our dogs coming near us. Well, she attacked my Weimaraner, Juno, Monday night. She bit off part of his ear. We had to rush him to the vet for emergency surgery. He's still all bandaged up and wearing the "cone of shame", but he's doing much better. He'll ultimately be missing about half of one of his ears, but it's nice to see him acting like himself again.

Work has been crazy. It is one of the busiest times of the year for us. I work at a zoo, and we're getting geared up for the busy season. I'm in the IT department, and we're moving our offices and data center too, which is quite a task.

Anyway, I'm rambling. It's been quite a week, and I'm happy to say that I've done very well with staying on plan anyway.

I hope things are going well for everyone. Good luck on the weigh-ins today!
LauraLovesWeims is offline   Reply With Quote