Thread: 300+.....Bios
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 10:05 PM   #13
Vortex_VVV
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

DATE - 1/26/09 (updating)

USER NAME - Vortex_VVV

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME - Vortex was a nickname a good friend gave me. V is the initial of my last name.

REAL NAME - Angela

AGE - 42

BIRTHDATE - 2/19

WHERE YOU LIVE - Charleston, IL (east-central Illinois, bout half-way between St. Louis and Indianapolis)

SIGNIFICANT OTHER - it's complicated, lol.

OCCUPATION - English professor.

STARTING WEIGHT - 316 this time around..

WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - 1900 calories/day. I'm trying to exercise between 20 and 40 minutes a day; my goal is to do 50-60 minutes every day, in 2 blocks.

FAV. EXERCISE(S) - Walking, biking, swimming--except I haven't been in a pool in ages due to self-consciousness.

FAV. NO-NO FOODS - Chocolate. Pasta with butter and cheese.

FAV.BOOK(S) - Wuthering Heights. Return of the Native. Crime and Punishment. All of Proust. Lots of others. I'm an English professor--how do I choose?

FAV. MOVIE(S) - Recently, Lars and the Real Girl and Man on Wire.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU - I'm a workaholic and love my job. I teach, and I LOVE doing research and writing about it. I'm as lucky as I can be in terms of career.

This semester, I'm on research leave and have my mother with me (who suffered a stroke a year and a half ago and still needs some assistance). I have to lose some significant weight before July, or else I'm going to have to accept that WLS is my only option. I really, really don't want to do WLS.

Last edited by Vortex_VVV : 03-06-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote