Old 09-21-2017, 11:56 AM   #286  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Davis: ick on the flu - may you recover quickly! You never know maybe you'll loose even further.

Boop: sounds like you are marching through your weight loss making good changes along the way. Im sure that will help carry you through the next few decades. Keep up the good work.

Laura: isn't it nice when you aren't sore or creaking any more? Enjoy your vacation. We're to do the ocean twice next year once w FL and once w the Carolinas. My crazy goal is to wear a bikini once in my adult life. So it's one of the many things that is spurring me on to loose.

Hello all!

I'm going about my day. Late post as I had to run for shopping while the youngest is at school this one is due to get off the bus soon. Since town is about an hour away each way, I ran through my stops. One day I'll have time to be leisurely and enjoy shopping. However now is not it.

Haven't bothered w the scale. Maybe tomorrow maybe Saturday. Today will find me eating salad again in hopes it "thins" me. Haha - well even so, it might make my scale stay lower than higher I guess. Besides I need to take advantage of the last of summer tomatoes and all. Nothing like a fresh one!

Happy day all the week is almost done and you all should be excited for a weekend. I know I am.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:52 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'4"

Well Lemonthyme I have lost a total of 7pds of water weight I think so far. I had started a diet the day I got the flu without knowing I had it. Hope to keep atleast 1/2 off when I am better. Drinking liquids and resting.
Your a busy bee. Lol hope the weekend is calmer for you.
Davisag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 04:31 PM   #288  

No the world does not slow for me at all. Tomorrow is the last fest of the summer season and we are trekking to it. My one gyro of the year! Then it's back to eating like I should and not the bad fest foods (how can one say a gyro is bad?!).

It's also suppose to be overly hot early in the day while we are there. Hopefully not too bad to schlep through the crowds.

This weekend is house cleaning as I can I need to shampoo carpets. If I can get two out 6 done I'm doing well. Maybe it will help w the constant eating I so want to do currently. I do hope I can get that back under control. This afternoon has not been good.

So off to get that huge salad made for dinner everyone will be eating that and some chicken. Contemplating sweet potatoes as well. Happy evening!
Old 09-21-2017, 07:03 PM   #289  
Debbie

Height: 5'3"

lemonthyme thank you. It's helping to incorporate more exercise, etc. I find that the busier I am, the less I think about snacking. It sounds like you have been super busy. As far as the gyro...enjoy it! After all, this is a lifestyle change and not a prison sentence...

davisag hope you are fully recovered soon!
boopchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:25 AM   #290  

Boop: some days are easy, other days are hard for me but I see y'all can do this and it keeps spurring me on. I will enjoy my gyro.

Davis: how are you feeling today?

Telfrey: have you scooted out of the 220s?

Gemini: how's your trip?where did you go?

Laura: where are you ending the work week at?

Ubee: where did you go? I hope all is ok and if you are struggling w/non movement GET BACK HERE. Mine hasn't been great we can cheer each other on to get it moving. Hope your family is doing ok.

Hello all!

AM: I'm off for my morning gyro soon. Get the kids on bus and then on our way. I think I can just do salad the rest of the day. My hope too is to get up early tomorrow and go move. That will help too.

Beyond the fest I have a ton to do here. Since DH has today off I think I will try to have him help with some chores that are huge. As in cleaning those carpets and washing the windows. Did I say with doors included there are 30 windows to clean? It's an all day job mainly to recover after getting it all going and done. I'd like to at least have one part of my year w somewhat cleaner windows. And hey: it's movement! Except how do you count it? Sure my app has housework or yardwork by intensity and minutes but really how does one gauge window cleaning?

So I'm still avoiding the scale but that old hag should be moving off. Then I will be able to look and see the damage that happened with the need for sugar. Oh it'd be great to be able to turn that on off!

Ok my best to you all going into the weekend. May we all have good looking scales. I can only hope.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:13 AM   #291  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

Gemini: I've always wanted to visit Glacier National Park! It's supposed to be wonderful.

Lemonthyme: Everyone loves a good gyro! It's important to take time for special food events. For me, it was our town's chili fest a few weeks back.

Davis: I hope you feel better soon!

As for me, I weighed in at 220.1 this morning. Not in the teens yet but close! The loss has been steady these last few days.
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 03:11 PM   #292  

Gyro was not as good as I was thinking - boo. I ate most of it but not all of it.

I came here to share my NSV: so remember those size 16 shorts I grabbed at the goodwill? I tried them on. I didn't have much hope as my weight I'm sure is up w TOM but decided what the heck. So I peeled off the 20s I swim in and took the brave dive - I not only got them up to my hips BUT OVER THEM! I can't fasten them as I still have my mama belly I'm dealing with. But Lordy - I got them up and over the fanny! Oh and they are gap shorts and usually gap on me does not fit as sized usually it always feels smaller than what it's marked.

I know lots more to go but even still it was nice to know that a 16 is indeed possible sooner than not if I keep this up.

The fest was crazy busy so many people so early in the day and it's so hot today and unlike late September weather. But we had a good quick time and got out of dodge and left the crowds to deal with themselves. It always amazes me how things can draw people in.

So back to eating salads this weekend and get it all back together for myself. I need to say goodbye to the 230s I wish it were easy for me to loose but unless I really commit to exercise and calorie counting it will be a bit slower for me to leave this decade. So maybe in a weeks time I can ramp up and just keep it going down in numbers.

Here's to the battle! Let's all be fierce and move it!
Old 09-22-2017, 07:37 PM   #293  

I just brushed my teeth. However WHAT I REALLY want to do is find the best chocolate ever and eat it. Instead w clean teeth I'm attempting to avoid the desire to indulge. I hope I'm successful. Right now I'm planning and designing the kids Halloween costumes. I make them every year because I have fun doing that and they have a unique piece.

Maybe between these two things I can avoid the need to gnosh. I hate when cravings come alive so strong. Good thing is I don't have stupendous chocolate in the house only toll house chips and tootsie rolls which are neither chocolate or good for a craving such as this. And yes I'm low on my proteins today!

No one said this was easy. Ugh.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:53 PM   #294  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'4"

Girls hang in there.

Yes noone said this would be easy.

I am back to work and just tge congestion now. Officially lost to 218. When I ate I ATE. Lol gained 3 pounds back. But won't leave here till im under 220 for a week.

Just a quick check in befire heading to the front end of the store. HUGS to YOU ALL.
Davisag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:02 PM   #295  

Ended up at urgent care w pink eye. Really it should be if you know you've had it before you shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get a script for eyedrops. However that's what I spent the better part of the day doing. Ugh.

And my weight is high: granted it was after 66 oz of coffee/water and breakfast and fully dressed I weighed higher than I thought. Maybe tomorrow will be ok. I'll hop on tomorrow.

Tonight will be salad for me. And I'll cut up watermelon too. Probably the last of the season I'd guess. Maybe it will help me out scale wise as well.

Wishing you all a nice weekend. I'm watching house hunters. Some people have no clue when house shopping they can change things and having granite/stainless does not mean you can cook better especially if you don't cook to begin with. Oh when will people learn?!
Old 09-24-2017, 06:14 AM   #296  
Debbie

Height: 5'3"

lemonthyme congrats on the NSV! Another note...sorry about the pink eye. I know that misery and I agree that you shouldn't have to jump through hoops when you are familiar with the symptoms.

davis I'm glad you are feeling better!

tefrey you're doing great!

Keep up the good fight ladies!! We can do this!
boopchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 07:10 AM   #297  

Well I said I’d hop on the scale when the old gal left. It could be worse I guess I managed to keep in the 230s. My ideas of eating well went out the window too these last few days. If only I can keep working toward making that time easier to get through it will help in the long run. But that darn sugar/fats sure call my name then.

My eyes woke me at around 4 itching something crazy. So I’m up early and still contagious according to the pharmacist. I’m in my 24 hour window yet. My Little’s aren’t happy they can’t snuggle w me my youngest is also known to touch my face if he feels I am not giving him the attention he seeks. My DH has been good about keeping them away so I don’t pass it on.

So this weeks goals will be getting BACK ON TRACK. My goal is to leave the 230s. This is where I got stuck last year too and gave up. My goal is to keep going as best I can. Hey if I can get into 16s for my fanny and need to work on my belly: well a small goal is to making them fit well. They aren’t in the well stage yet just the kind of fit snuggly but from a 20 to 16 I’ll take that for now!

Weeks small goals:
1. Drink my water
2. Stick to my calories daily
3. Laugh
4. Get my movement in at least 3-4x this week

I know sounds dumb, but if I put my list out in the universe I will work toward it.

Boop: thanks for the encouragement! Keep up your good work!

Davis: yeah for you! Keep on moving, maybe that flu started something for you given a bunch of new numbers that will spur you down further. Not saying the flu is fun but hey take those new numbers as a boost to keep shoving out of the 200s.

Ubee: get back here lady! We’re here to help you on.

Laura: how does your scale look? And your running? I’m guessing you are in a warmer climate so you can keep it up longer into the end of the year where I will be staying indoors more than out. However I’ve been interested the last few years to check out snowshoeing.

Telfrey: did you make it into the teens too? Y’all are leaving me! I’m glad you all are finding success.

Well my best to you all. I’m off to feel better. I long to Make my fall goodies I so enjoy but I know having them around me is counterproductive to weight loss. So off to have a piece of fruit and my coffee and contemplate the day further.

Enjoy!
Old 09-24-2017, 11:14 AM   #298  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

Never fear, I'm still here! I did dip into the teens yesterday but then took an unexpected trip to the farmer's market and it turned into a little bit of a splurge day. I was overdue for one ... but it means my weight will be high for a day or two. Since Sunday is my official weigh in it's a bit of a disappointment. Oh well!

lemonthyme: I hope you feel better soon! Great job keeping the rest of the family healthy.
boopchick: Thank you for the kind words!
davisag: I feel for you hitting a low and having it undone. But usually the bounce is just water and you should be down again in a day or two!
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 07:44 PM   #299  

Currently pushing my water and eating watermelon and feel like I could burst. I made chili for dinner - hey it’s football season and really not chili weather as it’s been mid 90s the last few days but it sounded like good game fare that wouldn’t be a pizza or a big bunch of garbage to eat.

Gemini: thanks for saying you’ll keep your nose here while I fight w my weight. If I can even get into the 220s I will say that’s a huge accomplishment for me. I’ve struggled mightily w the 230-250s for far too long. Thanks for cheering me along.

All others: my memory is shot and I’m on my phone. Sorry for no personals but I thank you all!

Here’s to good Monday weigh ins!
Old 09-25-2017, 07:04 AM   #300  

Ugh! I want to quit. I get frustrated always always after TOM hits. I know I’m not one of these whoosh gals. I’m one that like 4 days later finally has a number that shoves back down so in for the long ride this week and lots of micromanaging my food and exercise.

So I’ll be grumbling a few mornings until my scale moves in the right direction. Sorry no polyanna here today!

So today the guy is coming out to requote on work we need done at the house. The first guy never did the quote and was let go I guess so they are sending out another guy. I have lots of projects but not a lot of funds. I’ve got a long list of big projects from a newer car to house to paying off bills. Maybe the worries about that all add to my weight.

Off to have more coffee and hope my outlook improves. I’d just like to throw this out there that right at this minute I’m frustrated. But like every other time I’ll get through it - it just takes me a longer time to get this going in the right direction.

My best to you all!